Shotgun 7.05

Jazmyn Rain

Shotgun 7.05

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Earlier today…

The cameras wait out in the parking lot for any signs of GCW talent arriving when they spot “THE” GCW talent… or rather… the limousine of GCW World Champion, Chantelle Chambers, pulls into the lot. The camera moves closer and the door opens. Out immediately comes The Brod, Broderick Chase.

Brod: “Here at last… we’re here at last! WOOOOOOO!”

Behind him, a pair of burly men emerge, sunglasses obstructing their eyes as they look around. Finally, when they give the “all clear”, Chantelle Chambers steps out in a form-fitted outfit, the GCW World Championship belt wrapped loose around her waist, resting gently on her hips. She, too, has sunglasses on her face. The Brod struts around.

Brod: “And this is it, Chantelle… the venue for the greatest Championship celebration in GCW history! Because you DESERVE it! You EARNED it! And NO ONE can take that away from you! WOOOOOOO!”

The Brod struts on his way towards the arena as Chantelle and her security follow. The scene shifts.

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you

(The lights dim as several spotlights shine down upon the entrance ramp. The opening chords of "Killer Queen" begins to play over the PA system.)

She keeps Moët et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake,' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

(The lights all come on. Pyro goes off. The tron flashes to life and the words "Her Royal Majesty" appears on the tron. Then Julia Braddock steps out onto the stage decked out in her wrestling attire, looking ready to go.)

Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

(Julia Braddock strolls ever so confidently and arrogantly down the ramp towards the ring, not bothering to pay attention to any of the fans at ringside along the way.)

Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?

(Julia hops up onto the ring apron and then jumps over the top rope and into the ring. Julia goes to each corner and hops up to the top, posing for the fans.)

To avoid complications
She never kept the same address
In conversation
She spoke just like a baroness
Met a man from China
Went down to Geisha Minah
Then again incidentally
If you're that way inclined

Perfume came naturally from Paris
For cars she couldn't care less
Fastidious and precise

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

(Braddock steps to the center of the ring and gets a microphone.)

Julia: How the bloody hell are you, Washington?

(The crowd in the nation’s capitol roars loudly with cheers and applause.)

Julia: Tonight is a special night. It marks a special occasion, for me at least. Tonight marks one hundred and fifty four days as the reigning GCW X Division Champion.

(She pats the title belt that sits proudly on her shoulder.)

Julia: And come Resurrection, my reign as X Division Champion will have been two hundred and thirty days long. The longest X Division Title reign in company history. Two hundred and thirty days of proudly representing GCW and proudly defending this championship each and every opportunity I get. Last year, I had my greatest Resurrection moment of them all; I tapped out my sister Glory. Arguably the greatest submission wrestler of them all and I tapped her out, putting me in pretty elite company as one of only two people to do it.

(She holds up two fingers.)

Julia: This year, I may very well end up playing a role in another athlete’s Resurrection moment. Darian Andrews, you came in second place in Civil War, and that means you can challenge for the North American Title, International Title, Heritage Title, or…

(She holds up her X Division Title belt.)

Julia: …the X Division Championship.

(She lets the title belt rest back upon her shoulder.)

Julia: But I’m warning you right now, Darian; if you choose to come after me, I’m not going to roll over and let you have your Resurrection moment. Last year I had to bust my ass, I had to throw everything I had at Glory Braddock, I had to sacrifice a little bit of myself to get my Resurrection moment but I got it. If you want your Resurrection moment at MY expense, then you can be damn sure that I will make you earn it. But as for tonight, and Casey Holiday…

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: Casey, you disappoint me. So much potential and yet you constantly let us down. You didn’t succeed in SCW and you blamed them. And since then you can’t seem to win a match without some sort of outside interference from someone. You know what that makes you? A fraud. One of these days, Nate Lawson WILL get his hands on you and get his revenge, but tonight, I expose you for the fraud that you are in the center of this ring.

Tyson Kenneth O'Reilly vs. Queen Mamba

[The moment the bell rung, Tyson would surprise Mamba with a running shoulder block that would knock her straight down to the mat. Tyson would stomp her repeatedly until he dropped down for an elbow drop, going for a cover right after that, but Mamba would kick out. Tyson would go to the top rope and leap off the top with a big splash trying to end things quickly but Mamba would roll out of the way and Tyson would crash and burn. From that point on, it would be all Queen Mamba as she slowly dominated the match. She started things off with some submissions that targeted the calf area before she went with impact moves such as a reverse swinging neckbreaker. Mamba wasted little time with Tyson who hardly fought back and things got even worse when Mamba brought down Tyson with a discus elbow smash! Tyson was laid out on the mat when Mamba would apply the Toxin Chamber. Tyson struggled with the triangle choke and he was losing his wind in a rapid fashion and as a result, he would have no choice but to tap out much to the approval of the crowd.]

WINNER (by submission): Queen Mamba

[Mamba didn’t take long to release the hold and when she stood up, she got her hand raised in victory. All business, she left the ring largely being satisfied with being back in the win column. The announcers praised her bounce back from her X-Division title defeat at the hands of Julia Braddock three weeks ago all while wondering what would be next for the San Francisco native.]

(We cut backstage to the concession stand area. We see the rough but always ready Alan Monroe with hotdog in one hand a beer in the other.)

Alan: mmmmm, his hot dog is so good. But you know what’s missing? Relish. And chili. Can’t have a good dog without chili. And….

(He frowns.)

Alan: Oh? I’m supposed to talk about my match some, huh? Uh…ok…

(He scratches his head.)

Alan: Rich, you’re a cool dude and all, but unfortunately for you I did pass my random drug test. And that means I’m going to kick your ass tonight.

(He holds up the beer.)

Alan: Cheers, dude.

(The scene shifts.)

[We cut backstage to find Hannah Kristiansen pacing back and forth like a caged lioness. Stone-faced, there is a barely contained rage behind her eyes as she finally stops pacing and turns to face the camera.]

Hannah: At first glance, Morgan Valentine interested me. I thought she had so much potential. Sadly, that potential was misplaced when she revealed her whole anti-millenial schtick to be a ruse. It was disappointing, sure; but something I had no control over. Moreover, it had no bearing on me. Just another lost soul in the wilderness...

[Hannah shrugs her shoulders.]

Hannah: Then she issues that open challenge. Naturally, I show up, take her up on the challenge. And what does she do? She tucks her tail and runs. Makes up some bullshit excuse for it. Naturally, I persue her. And time after time, she gets the better of me. As frustrating as it was, it didn't warrant going to war with her over.

[Hannah begins to pace back and forth again, her hands balling into fists and her knuckles popping. Her tone drops several octaves.]

Hannah: Then she starts dragging my name through the mud.

[She stops, abruptly, turning and jabbing an angry finger at the lens.]

Hannah: That is something you do not do. Now I don't have a world famous name like Valentine. I wasn't born with wrestling blood running through my veins.

[She shakes her head, her mane of wavy blonde hair moving left and right as veins bulge from her neck in rage.]

Hannah: My parents died in a house fire when I was ten, along with my little brother. Authorities said they were trying to get away with insurance fraud and it quite literally blew up in their faces, but I knew better. They didn't have a bad bone in their bodies. All they wanted was to raise their children and live a good life. SO DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE SHIT ON MY FAMILY!

[Hannah starts pacing again, faster this time - trying and failing to qualm the rage building inside of her.]

Hannah: So here we are, hot off the heels of Civil War. Me and Hayley Gold versus Morgan and Julianne Mercier. Hayley can fucking have Mercier, 'cause Morgan...

[She stops, turning and jabbing a finger at the camera again.]

Hannah: You're mine!

[A nod of her head as she rocks on the balls of her feet, unable to keep still for five seconds.]

Hannah: I'm not just going to wrestle you this go around though, oh no. You wanted a war, and now you're going to get one. Now this shit's personal, and you've pushed me more over the edge than anyone else before you. So congratulations! Soak it up, cunt; 'cause I promise you'll wish you'd kept your big fucking mouth shut! You're gonna' wish you'd never looked back that night you ran from me. 'Cause when that bell rings, oh it's on! It's ON! My only wish is that it wasn't a tag team match, 'cause then I'd be the only one to get my hands on you; but so be it!

[Hannah stomps around a moment, before returning her gaze to the lens.]

Hannah: But tag match or no, this isn't about winning or losing, not for me anyway!

[She shakes her head furiously.]

Hannah: And even though I'd like nothing more than to burst outta' my corner, beat the ever living shit outta' you, and be done with it, oh no...

[A dangerous smirk plays across her features.]

Hannah: You're not that lucky, Morgan!

[This time she shakes her head slowly, menacingly.]

Hannah: Oh don't worry, beating the ever living shit outta' you is most certainly in the cards. Only problem is, I'm not gonna' rush into it. That's the merciful way, and you don't deserve my fucking mercy! All throughout my career I've come into each match hard and fast. Brutalize and overwhelm my opponents. But tonight, the game changes. Tonight I don't just leave you spread eagle on the mat, looking up at the lights and wondering what train just ran your ass over. Tonight...

[She rolls her shoulders, that smirk returning to her lips.]

Hannah: I'm gonna' show you a Hell the likes of which you've never seen before. And when you think it's over...

[She waggles her index finger as if to say "uh uh".]

Hannah: It's really only just begun.

[Hannah stalks off as we cut out.]

Richard Dix vs. Alan Monroe

[The crowd and the announce team was confused as neither Alan or Richard had come out for the start of their scheduled match. The show then cut backstage in the catering area and it revealed that both Dix and Alan were having a food fight with a select few wrestlers watching. Dix tried to throw a hot dog at Alan, but Alan ducked it. Then, Dix got hit in the face with a plateful of nachos and then started to beat the crap out of him afterward, beginning by jamming his face into a table and then dragging him down the hallway, occasionally throwing him against the wall to keep him stymied until he threw him through the curtains that led them down to the ramp. Alan threw Dix down on the ramp and then dragged him all the way to the ring before tossing him into the ring. Dix had a bunch of chili and cheese spilled all over him as Alan entered the ring. The referee at that point called for the bell and Alan pounced on Dix, showing some frustration from his recent run ins with Frederick Freeman. Alan dragged Dix up to a vertical base and then kneed him in the gut. He set him up and then planted him in the center of the ring with the REJECTION! The crowd cheered this move as Alan turned over Dix and pinned his shoulders to the mat as the referee dropped down to make the three count.]

WINNER: Alan Monroe

[Alan didn’t take long to get up to get his hand raised, but he didn’t allow it to be raised for very long as he snatched it away. He looked down at Dix, with some look of fire and determination in his eyes. The announcers speculated on how much anger he let out on Dix, noting that what seemed like an innocent food fight at first turned into a message being sent to Frederick Freeman. Alan celebrated with the crowd briefly before going to the back.]

Backstage, Roderick Kingsley is preparing for his next interview. The camera-man gives him the signal, and Roderick begins to speak.

Roderick: Joining me at this time... Frederick Freeman.

Frederick Freeman walks onto the set, carrying a sign that says 'SAY NO TO ALAN MONROE'.

Roderick: Mr. Freeman...

Frederick: SILENCE!!!

Roderick shuts up.

Frederick: I know what you are prepared to ask me, you poor simple-minded drone. You wish to know why I've targeted one Alan Monroe, correct?

Roderick says nothing, causing Frederick to sigh and rolls his eyes.

Frederick: You can speak now.

Roderick: Yes, that was my question.

Frederick: Good, now be quiet again.

Roderick looks aggravated, but does as Frederick requests.

Frederick: My reasons? My reasons are simple... Alan Monroe, that... that... WRETCH ...is everything that I champion against in life! He's loud, he's uncouth, and he looks like he hasn't had a decent shower in weeks! Frankly, I'm not sure his intellect goes beyond that of the third grade! Frankly, he reminds me of each and every person sitting in the crowd here tonight!

You can hear the crowd booing.

Frederick: For some reason, GCW has sought to give this man a platform to taint all the young, impressionable minds who watch their television shows! For what reason, I ask? The younglings need a hero... a paragon of righteous virtue to look up to... a role model who will NEVER let them down! That is why I have targeted Alan Monroe, and I will not rest until I have driven him out of GCW!

Roderick raises his hand.

Frederick: ... Speak.

Roderick: Are you SURE it's not because you're simply jealous of him?

Fredericks eyes nearly bulge out in anger, and he looks ready to strangle Roderick... however, at the last moment, he manages to calm himself.

Frederick: No, you sniveling half-wit, I am not jealous of the likes of him... why would I be? Oh, and if you EVER say something that utterly disparaging again, I shall give you a SEVERE thrashing!

Roderick: Point taken.

Frederick: There is nothing to be jealous of, Mr. Kingsley... in fact, there will be nothing left of him for anyone to feel ANYTHING for. I will decimate him, I will eradicate him, I... will... END... him.

Roderick takes his leave, and we head back to ringside.

"Adrenalize" by In This Moment hits and the crowd gives Hannah Myers a mixed reaction as she makes her way to the ring. She has both GCW Unified Tag-Team Championship belts with her...one over each shoulder. She climbs into the ring, picks up a microphone, smiles, and waits for her music to stop before she speaks.

Hannah: "Thank you...well, those of you cheering me. I hear the boos and the chants from the rest of you."

Myers shakes her head.

Hannah: "You know what everybody has been asking me the past two weeks? Not 'how does it feel to be champion?' Nope. Everyone is asking me 'how could you betray Destiny?' and 'what changed, Hannah?' Everyone is more worried about Destiny Skye than the fact that my years of hard work and struggling through all the obstacles in my way finally paid off at Civil War!

First, what changed? Nothing. I'm the same Hannah Myers I've always been. I've never been the kind of girl to put up with anyone's bullshit. I suppose the difference is that I was blind to what was truely keeping me down for over a year now...that brings me to the other question: how could you betray Destiny? I never betrayed her...she betrayed me!"

The crowd boos Hannah now, but she continues on, ignoring their reaction.

Hannah: "Week after week, Destiny failed me, but I was blinded by our friendship. So yeah, I deserve some of the blame....but I fixed it at Civil War, right?"

More boos. Hannah shakes her head and pouts.

Hannah: "It's a shame a girl gets booed and mocked for wanting to make something out of herself. You people would rather cheer an under-achiever like Destiny Skye then the girl who single handedly defeated the dreaded Soviet Gingers and is now the GCW Unified Tag-Team Champions?!?!"

Before Hannah can continue, "Bad Blood" by Taylor Swift hits. The fans start to cheer as Destiny Skye appears on the stage and makes her way to the ring. Hannah puts her hands on her hips and rolls her eyes as Destiny draws closer to the ring. Skye grabs a microphone and slides into the ring where she stands face-to-face with Hannah.

Destiny: You know, Hannah, if you didn't want to team with me again, all you had to do was tell me. All you had to do was tell me you wanted to split, go our separate ways, and just do something different. I would've been fine with it. Hell, you could've told me that you thought I was holding you back and I would've taken it alright. I got thick skin, mate. That's what we could've done. That's how you should've handled it. But did you?

(She shakes her head.)

Destiny: No, you pull this bloody shit. And now you're out here clearly delusional. YOU? You, all by yourself, are the holder of the Undisputed Tag Team Championships? You may have climbed that ladder and retrieved the belts by yourself, thanks to the underhanded tactic you utilized, but the fact remains that it was booked as a TAG TEAM MATCH with me as your partner, Controversy won, and that means I legally have just as much claim to that championship as you do. And the way I see it, that leaves us with two options...

(She holds up two fingers.)

Destiny: One, we could put all of this behind us and be Controversy, be the tag champs. But I somehow think you're not interested. Especially after pushing me off that damn ladder and then what you said tonight. So that just leaves us with option number two...

(She gets up in her face.)

Destiny: ...we fight it out and the last bitch standing takes all!

(The crowd pops, but Hannah stares daggers at her former partner before raising her own mic again.)

Hannah: "You got one thing right, 'friend'. I have no interest in carrying your sorry ass any more. I have carried you and Controversy by myself for too long already! *I* alone am the GCW Undisputed Tag-Team Champions because *I* alone earned these belts! I realize I can't continue to hold these belts by myself. I can find another partner. Hell, I saw a bum outside the arena who could probably do a better job than you."

The crowd, which has been turning more hostile towards Hannah, now really lets her have it. Hannah smirks in response.

Hannah: "I'll be more than happy to face you one on one just to prove what I and all of GCW already knows...I'm better than you...but there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm letting you anywhere near MY titles!"

Destiny shakes her head sadly.

Destiny: "You mean OUR titles!"

Hannah gets up in Destiny's face, the two women now nose to nose.

Hannah: "No bitch, I mean MY titles!"

Myers suddenly grabs the belt that is over her right shoulder and swings it at Destiny's head. Skye sees the move coming and ducks before kipping up and clotheslining Hannah to the mat. Hannah grabs both belts and slides out of the ring, avoiding any further confrontation as the fans boo her. Hannah backs up the ramp, keeping an eye on her former partner as Destiny stares back at her...and the scene shifts.

Shotgun fades to the hallway where GCW Heritage Champion Casey Holliday is walking backstage with the championship around her waist. She’s obviously in a great mood considering she still has the title. She doesn’t appear to be worried too much, but that confidence seems to wane some when general manager Allison Mayberry comes into the scene. Casey doesn’t become unnerved, but she does become annoyed.

Allison: Casey?

Casey: Yes?

Allison: Glad I found you. I needed to inform you of something really quick. Call it a ‘performance review’ if you catch my drift.

Casey: Please. *scoffs* I know that I have been one of the very best on Shotgun. What could you possibly find so bad about me?

Allison: How about the fact that at Civil War, you were a public relations DISASTER? I mean… the way you treated Bianca… my GOD! Not to mention that yet again, you’ve taken a cheap shortcut and well… let’s be real here… you didn’t pin Nate Lawson so… in my book, this isn’t over between you two.

Casey: NO!!!! It IS over! He’s gotten too many chances! You are NOT going to hand him another chance! I’m DONE with him!

Allison: That’s not up to you, nor is it up to me. That’s up to Bianca.

Casey: Wait… WHAT?

Allison: You know that match that she has coming up against Kacy Oliver? Well, the stakes have been raised. If Bianca wins, you ARE done with Nate Lawson and you won’t have to worry about him again. But if Kacy Oliver wins… then not only does Nate Lawson get a Heritage title match at Resurrection… HE gets to pick the stipulation for that match.

Casey’s eyes widen with shock.

Casey: WHAT?!?!?!?! NO!!!!! HOW IS THAT FAIR?!?!?!?

Allison: One can ask the same question about all the crap you’ve put Nate Lawson through over the last few months.

Casey: No… no….. No…. BIANCA!!!!!

Casey doesn’t even bother with Allison anymore as she bolts by the Shotgun General Manager. Casey is clearly in panic mode right now as she quickly gets to her locker room where Bianca happens to be waiting for her. She’s clearly nervous considering her extremely limited wrestling experience.

Casey: Bianca…

Bianca looks at her with nervousness in her eyes.

Bianca: Yes?

Casey: You’re aware of this stipulation right?

Bianca: Yeah… the one where Nate Lawson might get one last chance at your title if I lose?

Casey: Yes… that one!

Casey is breathing heavily to the point of borderline hyperventilation.

Casey: Look, I hate to put any kind of pressure on you but… DON’T LOSE!!!

This obvious command by Casey rattles Bianca slightly.

Bianca: Casey, I understand your concern but I have so much pressure on me already. I’ve been thinking about things a lot and you know… I wasn’t treated very kindly at Civil War. You were acting like if you lost the Heritage Championship… even if I was the one that came away with it… it would have been the end of the world.

Casey: IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

Bianca: See, that’s what I’m saying. Casey, you need to calm down and you need to relax.

Casey: No! You don’t tell me to relax. My entire world could be at stake here and it’s in the hands of a very shitty wrestler.

Bianca: WOW… thanks for the faith…

Bianca begins to walk out of the locker room.

Casey: Bianca… wait… I didn’t mean it like that.

Bianca: I had been thinking about this for a while and I wanted to be in denial of this and all, but to be perfectly honest, maybe Hayley has a point.

Casey: No, don’t you listen to her! Did you see Livewire last week and where THAT got her?

Bianca: Casey… can you listen to me for one second? You need to hear this. All you have done is shown me the last month that you care more about that championship than you care about me.

Casey’s jaw drops in shock.

Casey: NO! That’s NOT true! Don’t you dare think that! How can you think that after everything I’ve done for you? I saved you from being bottom of the mill in the Independents damn it! I could have picked Hayley to be my girlfriend and instead I chose you!

Bianca: ...Hayley is straight…

Casey: Well, I know… but STILL…

Bianca: Forget it, Casey! I’m going to fight this match, okay? And I’m going to do this for you and Nate Lawson will be out of your hair for good. I’m doing this because with all my heart, I love you and you don’t seem to appreciate that at all. Maybe if I do this for you, you will…

Bianca turns around and leaves.

Bianca ignores her and is now out of the scene.

Casey sighs being all alone, but her father comes into the picture.

Mr. Holliday: Trouble in paradise, I see…

Casey turns to face her father.

Casey: I do love her, Dad!

Mr. Holliday: I know you do. But… you shouldn’t worry about her. You’ve got a main event match later against Julia Braddock.

Casey: So… what are you saying?

Mr. Holliday: I’m saying you need to lose some weight… and I’m not talking about your actual weight. Food for thought.

Casey sighs, not exactly knowing what her father means but she’s got her eyes set Bianca’s match which is coming up in a few moments as the scene fades.

Backstage, Samuel price stands alone in front of a GCW Shotgun backdrop.

Hayley Gold and Hannah Kristianson vs. Julianne Mercier and Morgan Valentine

[The grudges were certainly prevalent in this match as Hannah and Julianne would start things off at the bell. The match would start with a brawl between the two that was very hard hitting. Hannah, being the more experienced competitor, would be the one to take control with a hard belly to belly suplex. She ran a power based attack that would keep Julianne at bay and this attack would culminate with a Samoan drop that resulted in Hannah hooking the leg for the cover, but Julianne kicking out. Hannah tagged Hayley Gold in. She went in to get herself some, but a cross body attempt was blocked by Julianne who began a rally. She was in command of Hayley the whole time and she would bring her down with a Fisherman’s suplex! This led right into a cover, but Hayley kicked out. Morgan was tagged in next and the veteran rallied. Hayley outperformed Morgan for the next few minutes before she would bring her down with a tilt-o-whirl headscissors followed up by a running snapmare. Hayley made the cover, but Morgan kicked out. Hayley tagged in Hannah and of course, she was hungry to deliver punishment, but Morgan raked the eyes and took control, relying on a submission offense. Morgan eventually took her down with a swinging neckbreaker and made the cover, but Hannah powered out of the pin. After 8 minutes of action, Hayley and Julianne were legal. Morgan intervened to double team Hayley, but Hannah bolted into the ring and chased Morgan out. Morgan decided to book it through the crowd and Hannah chased after her. Julianne had Hayley set up for a possible powerbomb, but then out of nowhere, Hayley countered with an inside cradle and the referee drops down to make the three count!]

WINNERS: Hayley Gold and Hannah Kristensen

[Julianne was angry and charged at Hayley, but the veteran was quick to roll out of the ring to get her hand raised by the referee! The announcers commended Hayley for being able to bounce back and get one over on Julianne, but as for Hannah and Morgan… well… the announce team had to cut and interrupt the shot due to a situation going on backstage…]

[We cut backstage to find Hannah Kristiansen and Morgan Valentine still slugging it out. Hannah catches Morgan with a particularly vicious punch that sends her reeling away - desperate to create a little distance between them.]

Hannah: We're you going, bitch?! You think you can just run my name into the mud and get away with it?! I don't fucking think so!

[Morgan swings her arms wildly at a nearby table, sending its contents flying backward at the onrushing Kristiansen who pays them little mind until Morgan grabs a coffee pot out of its cradle and chucks that at Hannah who ducks it. The pot crashes against the wall, its contents spraying everywhere in an explosion of glass and scalding java narrowly missing both women. Morgan uses the momentary distraction to charge Kristiansen, burying a shoulder into her abdomen and shoving her back down the hall before bringing her down to the ground where Morgan begins to rain down blows on her.]

Morgan: I'm right here. And beating you verbally as well as physically is too easy!

[This causes Hannah to growl angrily, before she turns the tables, flipping Morgan over until Hannah's on top raining down bombs.]

Hannah: Let me show you how it's done!

[She follows that up with a massive headbutt that dazes Morgan, before Hannah hauls her to her feet. Hannah drives her backwards into a wall, her forarm pressing against Morgan's throat.]

Hannah: I don't give a fuck who you are, or the cunt you call family.

[She delivers a brutal body shot to Morgan's ribs.]

Hannah: You wanted a response? Well here's your fucking response!

[Then another brutal body shot causes Morgan to hunch over in pain. Then Hannah pulls her away from the wall, attempting to whip Morgan into the opposite wall. Valentine reverses it though, sending Hannah crashing hard shoulder first before slumping down. Morgan proceeds to land several hard boots to Hannah's face, opening a cut on her forehead.]

Morgan: If that's it, then I'm not impressed!

[She pulls Hannah up, bouncing her head off the nearby table before tossing her unceremoniously to the floor. Morgan looks over at the now empty table beside her, and flips it over onto Hannah for good measure.

Morgan: Face it, Hannah; you're not in my league. Hell, you don't even belong in GCW. Why don't you go back to wherever the Hell it was you disappeared to and leave let the real pros do the wrestling.

[She procceds to stomp away at Hannah and the table still atop her. To her surprise though, Hannah starts getting up. Even with the table pushing her down and Morgan's vicious boots to her skull and back to keep her down, Hannah keeps getting up - growing angrier and angrier with every passing second.]

Hannah: FUCK YOU!

[Taking a few steps back, Morgan shakes her head with disgust - a smile playing across her features.]

Morgan: You'll never learn.

[She waits another moment, before leaping onto a stack of nearby pallets, attempting her Heartbreak 2.0. Whether by sheer chance or a quick reaction, Hannah ducks it just in time, catching Morgan and bringing her down hard on the upturned table with her Daisy Cutter high impact jumping powerslam. Hannah was quick to her feet though, despite the blood loss from her forehead.]

Hannah: GET UP!

[She peels Morgan out of the rubble, glaring hateful daggers at her.]

Hannah: I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!

[She hoists Morgan up onto her shoulders in the cut throat torture rack position, setting up for her KillShot when a crowd of officials rush onto the scene - pulling Morgan down from her shoulders and immediately separating the two.]

Hannah: NO! I'M NOT FINISHED WITH HER YET!

[She tosses two of the officials with ease, and launches a third to the side in an effort to get at Morgan before more come in and pull her away kicking and screaming. Morgan, meanwhile, climbs to her feet with a devilish smirk on her face, relishing in Hannah's frustration.]

Shotgun fades in on Karina Lysenko, one-half of the Soviet Gingers, sitting at a table and obsessively looking through a packet of papers. She’s incredibly upset considering the events of Civil War when it became apparent that Hannah Myers and Destiny Skye became the new GCW Tag Team Champions. But the Ukrainian native isn’t letting go quite yet, sighing as she continues to rummage through the packet. She’s not alone for long, however, as her partner, Anastasia Ivanova, walks into the picture.

Anastasia: What are you doing?

Karina: What do you think I’m doing? I’m trying to find some legal recourse for the crap that happened at Civil War! You and I should still be the tag team champions Anastasia, and you know it.

Anastasia sighs.

Karina: What? You’re not giving up on me now, are you?

Anastasia: We’re sestras all the way and you know that, but have you actually found anything that may help our cause? It’s been two weeks since the… no pun intended… controversy… and we don’t seem to have anything solid.

Karina: We have evidence, that’s all we have.

Anastasia: WHAT evidence?

Karina turns slightly in her seat to look at Anastasia, though the look in her eyes indicates annoyance that her own partner is pestering her throughout this whole process.

Karina: Controversy is no longer a tag team based on the actions that took place, is that correct?

Anastasia: Technically… that is correct.

Karina: Hannah Myers, the whore, is declaring herself to be the ONLY tag team champion, is that correct?

Anastasia: That IS true, I will grant you that.

Karina: So doesn’t that mean that her declarations disavow Destiny Skye as a tag team partner?

Anastasia: Yes… yes it does…

Anastasia expresses a smirk as she is starting to see where Karina is coming from now.

Karina: And, according to the almighty GCW constitution… a MUCH better constitution than the farce that is supposedly governing this declining excuse of a republic… only TAG TEAMS are allowed to hold the tag team championships and since Hannah is declaring HERSELF a tag team champion, that means that Controversy is NOT a team.

Anastasia: Right but… Destiny was her tag team partner that night. I think it’s going to take more than that to overturn what went down at Civil War.

Karina sighs with anger, essentially admitting that Anastasia is right.

Karina: There is one way that we can make this happen and it’s going to have to take a stroke of luck, I admit. But, we need to find proof that Hannah’s actions were premeditated and NOT a sudden stroke of the moment. If it’s the latter, I hate to say it, we’re screwed. But, if Hannah planned this from the beginning, that means that… TECHNICALLY… the ladder match was a triple threat between ourselves, Hannah AND Destiny and since both of them, in that case, were singles wrestlers…

Anastasia: Then that means….

Both Soviet Gingers suddenly widen their eyes with joy.

Karina: ...the match would be null and void!

Anastasia: And that means… we’re still the tag champions!

Karina & Anastasia: YES!!!!!

Karina: But…

Karina sighs again…

Karina: We have to PROVE that Hannah’s actions were premeditated. That’s going to be tough. We’re going to need Oliver’s help on this one. I know we have a match coming up in a bit but… I need to call him. Give me a minute.

Karina chuckles with evil intentions in mind as she pulls out her cell phone and leaves the scene. The crowd boos the pair, strongly disliking their plot, as the scene fades.

Shotgun fades backstage into the locker room and the scene reveals Victoria Salinas with her former manager Julia Rivera. There’s a conversation already in progress and based on body language, it’s a very serious conversation as Victoria doesn’t appear to be in the brightest of spirits at the moment. Julia appears to be trying to talk Victoria through whatever it is they are discussing.

Julia: Are you sure about this, Vicky? Is this what you really want?

Victoria: I thought about it for so long, but really, I feel like this is what’s best.

Julia: So are you doing this because you WANT to do this or not?

Victoria: I can’t really say that I am. But when you consider the circumstances, maybe this is what’s best.

Julia: I think you’re wrong, to be perfectly honest with you.

Victoria glances at Julia, obviously surprised that Julia would say such a thing to her.

Julia: I think you’re being too hard on yourself again. So, things haven’t exactly been the way you would like them to be when it comes to the GCW World Championship picture, but still. It’s not like you’re dealing with the same crap that you did before when it took you forever to be back in the title picture, partially because of the worst general manager Shotgun has ever had, but I digress. It’s not like you’re dealing with nimrods like Vessey and Valentine again… pardon me for saying so about Tina…

Victoria: I understand what you’re saying…

Victoria sighs.

Julia: This should be a happy time for you. You’re going into the Hall of Fame this year and it’s an accolade that’s well deserved. There’s no need to be down about Resurrection this year. I get that dealing with Adrian sapped a lot of your joy when it comes to professional wrestling, but that’s thankfully over now. Besides, you of all people should know that wrestling isn’t all about racking up World Championships. I think what you need to do, Victoria, before you go out and make this decision, is remember where you were when you first started. Think about what your motives where when you had your first match in Berlin, Germany against Johnny No Name in November of 2009. Do you really think that Victoria was someone that was all about winning world championships?

Victoria shakes her head.

Victoria: I KNOW that back in that time, I was just happy to be on the mainstream stage at all.

Julia: Exactly! Maybe look at things from that perspective. That Victoria would have taken that open challenge that happened on Livewire and… well….

Victoria: I’d rather not talk about what happened to Hayley. At least she’s okay, but yeah…

Julia sighs.

Julia: God, Vicky… you’re making this a rough patch when it actually isn’t. How much longer are you going to allow Adrian Waters to have any power over you?

Victoria: EXCUSE ME?

Julia: Get him out of your head, Victoria. It’s over now. You think at a time like this, I wasn’t going to be honest with you?

Before Victoria can answer the question, GCW interviewer Roderick Osborn unwittingly interrupts, which surely draws a small sigh out of Victoria.

Roderick: I’m not interrupting anything, am I? If I am, I apologize. It wasn’t my intention.

Julia: You’re fine. Vicky is just trying to sort things out in the aftermath of her nine-month long war with Adrian Waters, that’s all.

Roderick: I can’t say I’m surprised considering the rumors that I have been hearing lately.

Victoria: What rumors?

Roderick: Well… word on the street is, you have decided that as far as Global Championship Wrestling goes… “this is it” and by that I mean that you’ve decided that you’re going to be leaving the company tonight.

The crowd reacts with shock as a collective gasp is heard in the arena. Victoria doesn’t react, continuing to be quite despondent. She looks at Julia, who nods at her with encouragement. Victoria collects herself before responding to Roderick.

Victoria: I’m not going to address whatever rumors are going around at this moment. But, what I can tell you is, I will go out to that ring and I will say what’s on my mind and what my future in GCW holds for me. That’s all I am going to say at this time. So Roderick… if you would?

Roderick nods in understanding.

Roderick: Alright. I’ll leave it be. Believe me, I’m sure we’re all looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Roderick turns and leaves the scene.

Julia: Think about this, alright?

Victoria: I’ll give it every possible thought that I can. I owe the people a word, and that’s what they are going to get.

Victoria takes one last deep breath, signifying how much is really on her mind as the scene fades out.

Soviet Gingers vs. Leviathan and Leviticus

[Karina and Anastasia were incredibly pissed off during this match and it would show as this match was an absolute blowout. Leviticus would get the brunt of it as he was the victim of five double team moves: a double flapjack, a double clothesline, an electric chair/top rope clothesline combination, a double DDT and a double suplex. Individually, they were just as brutal. Karina had delivered a sickening spinning heel kick right in the jaw and Anastasia followed up with a double arm DDT! Leviathan didn’t have much better luck as he was never tagged into the match at all. He tried to get involved, but the numbers game was too much. The Soviet Gingers mauled him like jackals on a buffalo and a roundhouse kick by Anastasia into a jawbreaker by Karina sent Leviathan stumbling as the two went to the top rope in the same corner. Karina hoisted Anastasia on her shoulders in an electric chair position and then Anastasia stood on her shoulders and leaped off into a senton knocking Leviathan straight down! Karina followed up with a 450 splash right into the chest of Leviathan sending him rolling out of the ring. Leviticus stumbled to his feet and they both grabbed him from behind and gave him a dual forward Russian legsweep! Karina turned Leviticus around and the referee dropped down for the academic cover.]

WINNERS: The Soviet Gingers

[The Soviet Gingers smirked as they stood up following their decimation of Leviathan and Leviticus as the announcers quickly pointed out how furious they were about Civil War and how they took out much of their anger on their opponents. This fact was further evidenced when the two left the ring after not celebrating too much as the referee checked on Leviticus. The announcers wondered if the pair would be able to succeed in their “desperate legal effort” to have the titles returned to them as they both went to the back.]

Price: "Earlier this week, I went on assignment to New York City, where I had a candid sit-down interview with Adrian Waters, who is currently on injured reserves after his brutal hardcore match against Victoria Salinas at Civil War. This interview, well, was nothing like what I would have expected. Take a look."

The video switches to a small but cozy living room. In one chair, we see Sam Price, and in another chair, Adrian Waters. Adrian is dressed in a sweat pants and a hoody and looks tired. Sam, looks nervous, knowing Adrian's reputation as being a difficult, often combative interview. He clears his throat now and begins the segment.

Price: "This is Samuel Price, and I am sitting in the living room of Adrian Waters in his New York City apartment. Adrian, you specifically asked me to conduct this interview. Frankly, I'm surprised."

Adrian nods.

Adrian: "I can understand both your surprise and your reservations, Mr. Price. I haven't always been kind to you. But despite this, you have always been fair and unbiased. That is why I chose you for this chat. Thank you for agreeing."

Sam nods cautiously.

Price: "I appreciate that. Now then, at Civil War, you and Victoria Salinas had quite the battle to ultimately end the nearly year-long feud between you two. I think it's fair to say you came out on the losing end of that war, and have the scars to prove it. Can you tell us the extent of your injuries and give us an update on how you are feeling?"

Adrian: "That is a fair statement. Before Civil War, I made fun of Victoria's boastings about being clutch in big matches, but, she wasn't lying. She won this war. As for me, I spent nine days in the hospital with three cracked ribs and a bruised lung. I am still in a significant amount of pain, but I've been patched up and there's no reason to believe that I won't be back."

Price: "I have heard your time out will be 4-6 weeks. Does that sound accurate?"

Waters nods grimly.

Adrian: "Yeah, that is what they tell me. The way I feel right now, it's hard to believe I can progress that much in that amount of time...but the doctors tell me that, as a professional athlete, my conditioning is exceptional and I can expect quick results. I have dealt with minor injuries before, but nothing this serious, so this is all new to me."

Price: "Going back to what you said about Victoria. I have to admit, it's a bit shocking to hear you say something complimentary. I'm sure some people will assume that you also suffered a concussion."

Waters chuckles, but then hitches in pain. He is still smiling a little, though.

Adrian: "Yeah. Well, now we're getting to why I asked for this interview, Mr. Price. Nine days in the hospital. I had two visitors in nine days...and it wasn't my wife. That is a lot of time alone. A lot of time to think...to reflect on things. That retrospection has brought me to the realization that my overall attitude well, sucks. All I've been able to accomplish ultimately is making everyone around me, including myself, miserable. It's no wonder Myra wants a divorce. It's no wonder Victoria tried to end my career. It's no wonder nearly nobody visited me during my hospital stay. I have no one to blame but myself...and I realize now that things have to change...and soon."

Price: "That's quite the revelation, Adrian. I commend you for that. How do you plan on tackling this situation?"

Adrian: "I've been talking with a friend of mine from Harvard...he is a very successful psychologist. He lives her in NYC, and we will be meeting quite often to discuss things like my childhood...all the shit that helped mold me into the insufferable asshole who sits here right now. I need to work on letting a lot of my anger go. I got accustomed to feeding off of that anger and hate...now, I need to learn to let it go. That's the most specific I can really be at this point. It's not going to be an overnight thing...but I'm committed to making it work."

Price: "Speaking of making it work, have you spoken with Myra? Are you two trying to make your marriage work? Perhaps, patch things up?"

Adrian sighs and shakes his head sadly.

Adrian: "No, we have not spoken. I've tried calling her a few times, but was sent to voicemail. I mostly blame myself for where our relationship stands right now, but I also know it's not entirely my fault. I also blame that so-called mentor of Myra's...Jason Schneider."

Adrian spits out Schneider's name like it is something poisonous.

Adrian: "I know how independent and strong-willed Myra is...which is why this is so surprising to me. I don't get how she allows him to drive a wedge between us. I don't begrudge her wanting to improve herself professionally...but between abandoning me for two weeks with Schneider to allowing him to constantly belittle me? It's maddening. I mean, I had to learn it the hard way, but I now understand that there are things more important than being the best in the World or being champion. Family should be more important. Myra obviously doesn't share in those feelings, which is very unfortunate."

Price: "So where do you go from here?"

Adrian: "First and foremost, my priority has to be me. I have to fix myself...both physically and mentally. From there? I will wrestle again...that, I'm sure of. As for myself and Myra? I honestly don't know. I'd like to reconcile, but I'm slowly coming to the realization that such a reconciliation may be a pipe dream. I will try though. A lot of it will depend on Myra."

Price: "Do you think there could be a second World championship run for you this year?"

Adrian shrugs.

Adrian: "I honestly don't know. I would love to be World Champion again...but I also want to win it the right way. My first reign was won using tactics which now, I'm ashamed of. Like I said, my top priority is to fix me. From there, we'll have to see, I guess."

Price: "Well, thank you for this interview, Adrian. Best of luck in your recovery."

Adrian and Sam shake hands

Adrian: "Thank you Mr. Price."

The video then fades out.

Backstage…

Kacy Oliver can be seen bouncing back and forth, throwing her fists out in preparation for her match with Casey Halliday’s girlfriend, Bianca. Nate Lawson steps into the scene behind her, rubbing her shoulders.

Lawson: “Nervous?”

Kacy looks back.

Kacy: “No.”

Nate tilts his head, giving her a disbelieving look.

Kacy: “A little.”

Lawson: “Don’t be.”

Kacy: “You heard what Mayberry had to say. This match… if I lose, you don’t get a one on one shot against Casey Halliday. You don’t get your chance to end this war she started. That’s a lot of weight to put on my shoulders.”

Nate nods.

Lawson: “Yeah, it is.”

Kacy: “You don’t sound nervous.”

Lawson: “Look, I’d be lying if I said I was happy about my fate not being in my own hands, but I trust you, Kacy. I trust you explicitly, with everything.”

Kacy nods, breathing out.

Kacy: “Still nerve-wracking.”

Lawson: “Yeah, but there’s no one else in the world that I would trust in this position above you, okay? You have got this… all you need is one clean shot.”

Kacy nods again, her breathing in a little more control.

Lawson: “And if Halliday tries to stick her nose in… I’ll take care of it. Just remember…”

Kacy turns and plants a kiss on Nate’s lips.

Kacy: “One clean shot.”

Nate grins.

Lawson: “You’ve got this.”

The scene shifts.

Kacy Oliver vs. Bianca

[Bianca cornered herself as the bell rang and when Kacy went after her, Bianca tried to run away. She was initially successful, even going as far as hiding behind the timekeeper, but the threat of a ten count had her running back in the ring. Kacy slid in after her and Bianca pounced on her firing punch after punch after punch. She dragged Kacy up and nailed her with a DDT. Bianca made the cover, but Kacy kicked out. Bianca dragged Kacy up and whipped her to the corner. She went for a splash, but Kacy blocked it with an elbow. Then, Kacy Oliver would dominate. A back suplex would be a follow up and Kacy would make the cover, but Bianca kicked out. However, this didn’t stop Kacy from dominating the match. A suplex slash power based offense would all but wear her out. Bianca though, had one last gasp when she surprised Kacy with an inside cradle, but Kacy kicked out. They both got up and she went for a clothesline. It was ducked. Bianca turned around… RIGHT HOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE JAW!!!! Bianca went down in an absolute heap as her head bounced off the mat and it became clear that she was knocked the fuck out. The referee saw this and immediately called for the bell.]

WINNER (by knockout): Kacy Oliver (Nate Lawson gets Heritage title shot at Resurrection in a stipulation of his choice)

[The referee went down to check on Bianca as he threw up the X sign but the fans in the building erupted with cheers as Kacy Oliver celebrated her victory. The announce team pointed out that Nate Lawson now had a Heritage championship match at Resurrection in a stipulation of his choice and they also wondered how Casey Holliday would react to what just happened considering she had done everything possible to avoid Nate Lawson, but now she had no other choice but to deal with him. Kacy smirked as she continued to celebrate the win she was able to get all while Bianca was dragged out of the ring and put on a baseboard to be carried to the back.]

Shotgun fades to the medical room where a smirking Morgan Valentine is sitting down nursing some of the injuries that she had taken during the brawl between herself and Hannah Kristensen. She doesn’t seem to be bothered very much by the events that took place, and in fact, she seems to be revelling in them. However, her happiness doesn’t last for long because suddenly, GCW interviewer Samuel Price essentially dampens the mood with his mere presence causing Morgan to let out an angry.

Morgan: Of all the people I wanted to see right now, clearly, you are the person I want to see the very least!

Price: I come in peace, I promise!

Morgan: Whatever. I really don’t care to talk to the worst interviewer in GCW right now but since you’re not going to get out of my face until I do so, I might as well just suck it up and deal with it. So, have at it. Bore me with your nonsense. At least make it something worth talking about, you know? Because seriously, I’m not in the mood to deal with aggravating leeches like you.

Price: Right… right…

Price takes a deep breath, clearly trying to remain calm, cool and collective in the face of Morgan’s intimidation.

Price: So, what happened out there? You were having your match with Julianne, Hannah and Hayley and then suddenly, all hell broke loose.

Morgan: Do you really want to know what happened? Seriously? Were you too blind to see the truth or something? I’ll tell you what happened. Hannah cost me a win, that’s what! So much for my perfect record, right? At least I have yet to be defeated in singles competition where it seems to really matter. Hannah is just upset with me because she knows I’m better than she is!

Price: Well um…

Morgan: What?

Price: She’s not a millenial, you know that right?

Morgan scoffs at this, clearly unenthused by the question.

Price: I just figured I’d point that out, that’s all.

Morgan: Does it matter to me if she is or not? She certainly behaved like one tonight since she was clearly butthurt by what I had to say back at Civil War. It’s okay though, it was fun seeing her get all bothered and frustrated. She just can’t seem to handle the truth and I’m exposing how fragile she is. I don’t care if she looks like a roided up She-Hulk… she’s weak in the head and I think her actions speak for that. That being said, I’m starting to get REALLY SICK of her being in my hair. If there was a way I could get her out of GCW for good, I’d gladly go with it. But, it’s a tall order unfortunately.

Price: Has the possibility of facing her in a one on one match appealed to you at all?

Morgan: No. Because… to be brutally honest, she doesn’t deserve a match against me. What has she done in this business to earn a match against me? I don’t have an issue wrestling against anyone that deserves to be in the ring with me, but I don’t think she fits that bill at all. Maybe that’s what gets to her. Maybe deep down in her conscience, she realizes that herself. If she wants to face me, she has to EARN that PRIVILEGE, you hear me? When it comes to Morgan Valentine, it’s a PRIVILEGE to wrestle me! That goes the same for interviews too. You’re so fortunate that I’m in such a good mood that I am letting this one slide but from here on out, you are never interviewing me again, do I make myself clear?

Price: Right… uh… sure… One last thing before I leave you alone however…

Morgan: WHAT?

Price: If she “earned the privilege” in your eyes, would you face her in a match? Particularly at Resurrection?

Morgan: Oh you’re such a provoking piece of gossip crap…

Morgan scoffs at this as she answers the question.

Morgan: Yes, I would. At Resurrection? Yes. But, I’m only saying that because I am very confident that she’ll never earn the privilege. Now, leave me alone. Seriously.

Price nods and scurries out of the medical room as quickly as he can as an annoyed Morgan sighs and rolls her eyes upon the fading of the scene.

Shotgun fades to ringside and there are definitely some cheers being heard in Washington, D.C. as Victoria Salinas is standing in the middle of the ring with a microphone in her hands. She does seem to be conflicted a bit, but as her theme fades, the crowd is definitely in support of her as the cheers keep coming. Victoria is able to crack a smile as the cheers die down as she begins to express her thoughts.

Victoria: It’s hard to believe, but it was almost three and a half years ago that I signed with this company and the difference between me then and me now is completely night and day. When I first got here, I was a 26-year-old “vainglorious” person who, well, let’s be real here, hardly anyone liked and really, I can’t say I blame anyone that didn’t like me at the time. Now? I turned 30 just 9 days ago, I’m getting married in two and a half months and three GCW World Championships, a Civil War win, and two Resurrection main event wins later, needless to say that I grew up here. While I started my career in another company, one that no longer exists, and while for a time I was competing in “other companies” alongside GCW, HERE where I have always said home is and no matter where I go in my career, that will always be true. But of course, you have to look at the now. Being inducted into the Hall of Fame is going to be an honor of a lifetime, but also...it really puts things into perspective and I’ve had to do so much thinking. I’m going to be candid with you, just like I’ve always been. My win over Adrian Waters two weeks ago was the happiest moment I’ve had in GCW since when I won my 3rd GCW World title… and 5th overall at that.

Victoria pauses as she takes a deep breath, indicating that this moment isn’t easy for her.

Victoria: And I’d be lying if I said that all the crap I’ve had to deal with through this long struggle with Adrian didn’t affect me. It has, a lot. For a while, it honestly sucked much of my joy out of me. Not one, but TWO world title reigns were ended in part due to him. I admit, I was nowhere near as miserable as the time I got shoehorned into the tag team division nearly two years ago, but I look at what this war cost me… Axl is gone, I didn’t even get to compete in the Civil War match and barring some miraculous turn of events, I won’t be in the main event of Resurrection this year. So… it got me thinking about my run here in GCW and without question, as far as my entire career goes, this is the best run I’ve ever had in my career and I am eternally grateful. But, with this Hall of Fame induction coming in a few months, my twenties being over, getting married, knowing that in a few years I’ll be running and owning the very wrestling school I trained at over 10 years ago… and knowing that when I’m doing so, more than likely I’ll have a child or two and not be full-time wrestling anymore… the one question that has popped into my mind…

“What’s left?”

I’ve been at this for so long now, starting as the shy, timid 21-year-old with little confidence in herself, becoming the annoying, sellout 26-year-old sophisticated center of attention I strived so hard to be, and eventually maturing into the 30-year-old woman with the burning desire to realize her goals and dreams. Here in GCW, it’s been one hell of a ride. But looking back at what I’ve been able to accomplish, and looking ahead into the future… I can honestly say that I have nothing left on my bucket list. I’ve accomplished everything that I’ve set out to do and I’m so proud of that. I’ve always had this mentality with Resurrection of “main event or nothing”. Well… considering what’s happened to me in recent months… it hurts to say this…

But I don’t know if that burning desire is there anymore…

Victoria pauses, taking a deep breath as the crowd reacts with total shock at what they’re about to listen to.

Victoria: And if I don’t have that desire, a lot of it which was sucked out of me in recent months, then maybe it’s time I do the right thing for GCW and with nothing left on my bucket list… it hurts me to say… but this is it for me!

The crowd reacts with a mixture of shock, and some boos, but once the initial shock fades there’s a standing ovation for her which causes tears to form in her eyes.

Victoria: It has been one hell of a ride and I can never thank you guys enough and with a heavy heart I just wanted to say…

Suddenly, "Bad Company" by Five Finger Death Punch hits and the fans respond with vicious boos at the sound of Adrian Waters’s theme. Victoria is frozen with anger, obviously upset that she has to deal with Adrian one more time, but after a minute or two, skepticism appears on her face as the music plays, but Adrian doesn’t come out. Suddenly, a masked fan jumps the barricade with a lead pipe, rolls into the ring and bashes Victoria right between the shoulders with the lead pipe. The music cuts out and the masked figure beats down Victoria in the spine with the pipe before a few referees come down. The masked person low blows one of them while chasing the others out of the ring with the pipe. Victoria is struggling to stand as the person throws down the pipe. Hanging its head, the person grabs the bottom of the mask, pulls it off, lets down some long hair and the fans react with shock at the presence of…

MYRA LYNWOOD!

Victoria stands up and turns around, but right into a kick to the gut by Myra. Myra lifts her up and BLACKBIRD BOMB!!!!! The crowd boos Myra for what she just did as she picks up the microphone with an amused smirk on her face.

Myra: I’ve waited SEVEN LONG YEARS for this… seven.... Long…. Years….

Myra pauses and chuckles.

Myra: Vicky… you REALLY think this is it? You REALLY think that just because you’re not in the Resurrection main event, you’d rather not be in it at all? You UNGRATEFUL BITCH! No Vicky… this ISN’T it for you… and not only will you BE at Resurrection… you’re going to COMPETE at Resurrection…

...AGAINST ME!!!!!

Myra has a look of anger on her face as she looks down at Victoria.

Myra: I’m officially challenging you to a match at Resurrection! How’s THAT for something to think about?

Myra looks down at Victoria as she flips the microphone over her head. Security comes down to collect Myra while the referees check on Victoria. Myra gets loudly booed by the fans, but she’s smirking and laughing indicating how little she cares as the announce team discusses the shock of what just happened.

(We cut backstage to the hallway of the arena. Glory Braddock, the former GCW World Champion, is walking around, looking frustrated and impatient. She keeps up her determined stride until…)

“I heard you wanted to speak with me?”

(Braddock stops on a dime. She turns around and finds Sophie O’Brian standing just a few feet away.)

Glory: Yeah, I was looking for you at Civil War. Where were you?

Sophie: I saw what happened out there in your match against Chantelle Chambers.

(O’Brian winces, feigning pain.)

Sophie: It was a tough break, mate. I felt you wouldn’t be in much of a talking mood.

(Braddock growls angrily as she approaches Sophie.)

Glory: You’re right! But…

(She sighs.)

Glory: …but I also realize that you were right the other week.

Sophie: Oh?

Glory: As much as it pains me to admit, you were right. You and I do need one another. We need to watch each other’s back. With people like Angelica Jones running around willing to do that simply out of jealousy, just out of spite, we need one another, and we need Trinity!

(O’Brian shakes her head.)

Sophie: No.

Glory: No?!

Sophie: As much as I love to watch the end of innocence, as much as I love watching you finally figure out how right I was about these people, even about your own family, I have to say that no, now is not the time for Trinity…

(She smirks nastily.)

Sophie: Now is the time for something else entirely…

(The scene fades.)

Hannah Myers vs. Joey Michaels

[Hannah Myers was in no mood to mess around and Joey was definitely at the wrong place at the wrong time as Hannah came out with a furious rally that drove Joey into the corner. Hannah would pummel Joey for a bit until she would bring him down with a running bulldog. Hannah would keep Joey at bay, outpacing him and continuing her opening assault until she landed a cross body on him that led to a pin, but Joey would kick out. Hannah went to the top and went for a senton, but Joey countered by catching her and nailing her with a spinebuster. Joey would then be in control and he used his strength to his advantage. An array of suplexes was followed up with a running powerslam and once he hit it, he would go for the cover, but Hannah Myers ultimately kicked out. It was somewhat back and forth, but a missed heel kick followed by Hannah countering with a jawbreaker would put Hannah in control for good. Joey wasn’t too much of a worry for Hannah after that and eventually, Hannah would nail Joey with the Lights Out! Hannah had no remorse for the damage that she had done during this match as she arrogantly dropped down to hook the leg and make the academic pinfall.]

WINNER: Hannah Myers

[Hannah wasn’t done quite yet, however, and much to the disapproval of the crowd, she snapped and decided to assault Joey just to run up the score a little bit more. Hannah would apply the Unnerved, putting Joey through a painful hell, but this didn’t last too long as Destiny Skye came charging down the ramp. Hannah broke the hold once she realized she was coming and she rolled out of the ring with an angry look on her face. The announcers would condemn her actions as Destiny stayed with Joey both to protect him and to tend to him. The tag title situation was played up some more as Hannah went to the back, her back turned completely toward Destiny as the crowd booed her.]

Backstage… Darian Andrews can be seen walking through the arena. He walks over to Allison Mayberry, General Manager, who is watching the show on the TV monitors.

Darian: “Allison… got a sec?”

Looking over to Darian, she nods.

Allison: “What’s on your mind?”

Darian: “First, I wanted to thank you for standing by me since I came over to Shotgun. It means a lot to me.”

Allison: “Well, you’re a heck of a talent, Darian, and I know that you’re always going to go out there and put out your best. I’m not surprised to see you do so well at Civil War… runner-up is nothing to shake your fist at.”

Darian laughs, shaking his head.

Darian: “No, it really isn’t. And that’s kind of why I’m here…”

Allison: “Have you made a decision?”

Darian: “I have. See, I know there’s a lot riding on my choice. For one, I’d love to see Nate get an actual fair crack at Casey, so I’m not going for the Heritage title. I know that if I go after Andrea Hernandez, I’ll have a pissed off Jenni Anderson on my ass, so that rules out the North American Title. Leaving two…”

Allison: “Jesus Christ… you’ve got me in suspense.”

Darian laughs again.

Darian: “Sorry… but this shit makes for compelling TV! Think of the ratings going on RIGHT NOW!”

Darian turns directly to the camera, smiling with a thumbs up.

Darian: “I could face Isabella Harker for the International Title. She’s a formidable competitor, a future World Champion in the eyes of many. And on the other hand, there’s Julia Braddock and the X-Division title a former World Champion. And then I thought about Livewire and Shotgun… how on Livewire I was a tag team superstar, and on Shotgun I’ve had the opportunity to really blossom into my own.”

Allison: “So?”

Darian: “So… I have no intention on leaving Shotgun. At Resurrection… sign me up to challenge Braddock.”

Allison breathes out a sigh of relief.

Allison: “Alright… I’ll do that. You know, you really had me going for a minute there.”

Darian gives a cheeky smile and the scene shifts…

Darian Andrews and Nate Lawson vs. Wrestling Royalty

[Darian and Nate were in good spirits with their Resurrection fates already in hand as they took on Chagev and Dionisia and obviously, the match wasn’t very close at all as from bell to bell, Darian and Nate practically dominated. Dionisia was the first to take a beating. Darian Andrews took care of him quite well with a technical based offense. Dionisia was suplexed to oblivion which culminated with a release belly to belly suplex. Still, Dionisia got some breathing room for Chagev to be tagged in. Nate was tagged in and Nate went on a power trip… in a good way… as in breaking down Chagev with pure strength. Chagev was the victim of moves such as a Samoan drop, a tiger bomb and a sit down powerbomb. Dionisia would try to intervene, but Darian cut him off and would wind up drilling him with a DVDT for his trouble. Dionisia rolled outside of the ring as Nate Lawson speared Chagev. Nate decided he was done messing around and undoubtedly motivated by events of earlier tonight, Nate locked in the Elite Gogoplata. The fans completely went nuts for the move as Chagev greatly struggled with it. Nate pulled back, locking in the move even tighter. Chagev would scream in pain for a bit, being trapped in the center of the ring before he ultimately tapped out to the joy of the fans.]

WINNERS: Darian Andrews and Nate Lawson

[Darian would join Nate in the celebration and the pair would be in quite the good mood. The announce team mentioned how they managed to be motivated considering that they were both going to be challenging for championships at Resurrection and that they were serious threats to both Julia Braddock and Casey Holliday respectively. The two celebrated with the fans for a bit as Wrestling Royalty licked their wounds. The announcers talked up their chances for their title matches while they continued to celebrate.]

Shotgun cuts to Bianca in the trainer’s room and she’s lying down on a bed with her eyes closed indicating that she’s still knocked out after her match with Kacy Oliver earlier. However, it’s not long before she lets out a slight groan and her eyes flutter open as she begins to come to. She slowly sits up and clutches her jaw, obviously still dealing with some pain from the knockout blow she took in the jaw earlier.

GCW Heritage Champion Casey Holliday rushes into the scene to attend to her. Bianca looks at her with a touched look in her eyes, seemingly happy that Casey is there for her.

Bianca: Casey…

Casey: Are you alright? I was so worried about you. I couldn’t believe you wrre ever put in a situation like that out there.

Bianca: I’m fine… I think…

Casey: Here, let me help you…

Casey helps Bianca slide off the bed and land on her feet. She stumbles a little, but Casey helps her up and it’s not long before Bianca is standing on her own.

Casey: I just needed to make sure you were okay, Bianca. I mean… that was a lot that you had to go through and no matter what, there was no way I wasn’t going to be here for you right now.

Bianca: Casey…

Bianca sighs and her eyes even begin to well up with tears.

Bianca: I blew it… I had a chance to make this right for you and instead, you’re going to be defending that title against Nate Lawson at Resurrection…

Casey’s eyes narrow with anger as she realizes the reality of the situation that is taking place.

Bianca: I wanted to do better, I wanted us to be happy. I wanted to prove myself to you that I’m a worthy girlfriend and I blew it!

Bianca looks down on the floor, away from Casey’s eyes which are starting to fill with more and more anger.

Casey: Come here…

Casey wraps an arm around Bianca and she helps her get to a locker room area inside the medical room.

Bianca: I’m so sorry…

Tears stroll down Bianca’s face as she continues to look down at the floor and not Casey, who is angry.

Casey: Everyone’s SO SORRY…

Bianca: I really am, Casey…

Casey: How SORRY are you?

Bianca: What???

Casey suddenly traps Bianca in a chokehold and throws her headfirst into a locker busting the locker open.

Casey: HOW SORRY ARE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT?!?!?!?!?!?

Casey reaches into the locker and scatters various items out of it before she pulls out a Singapore cane.

Casey: HOW SORRY ARE YOU?!?!!?!?!?

Casey takes a swing right at the spine, knocking down Bianca.

Casey: YOU FUCKING… *SMACK*... PIECE…. *SMACK*... OF SHIT!!!!! *SMACK*

Casey snaps the came over her knee before picking Bianca up.

Casey: I HATE YOU!!!! I FUCKING HATE YOU!!!!!!

The crowd reacts in shock as Casey gives Bianca the Stock Plunge into the floor!

Casey: We’re DONE! We’re THROUGH! Find another man or woman to drag down you useless fucking MORON!

Casey takes a few hyperventilations before she hears some slow applause in the form of her father.

Mr. Holliday: THAT… Casey… is how you send Julia Braddock a message.

Casey: The NERVE of her to say those things about me. And the nerve of this… THING… dragging me down!

Mr. Holliday: Feels great to lose the dead weight, doesn’t it?

Casey nods.

Casey: All I ever needed was you, all along!

Casey smiles as she and her father leave the locker room together. Bianca meanwhile, is left lying unconscious on the floor as the scene fades to black.

Champion vs. Champion (Main Event)
Julia Braddock vs. Casey Holliday

[This champion vs. champion main event was definitely something to behold as Julia and Casey were very evenly matched throughout the battle. Julia, having more of the experience, took control in the early going. She wore Casey down with submission holds initially, most notably with a surfboard stretch. Casey obviously didn’t submit, but this allowed Julia to keep her momentum going, targeting the lower back. She’d really do such a thing with a backbreaker and she would make the cover, but Casey would kick out at two. Julia tried to go for a cross body but Casey rolled out of the way. Casey stood up and then chopped the hell out of Julia before knocking her down with a quick forearm. Casey would then take control and she would overpower Julia some in her rally as she brought her down with a bridge German suplex that led right into a cover. However, Julia rolled the shoulder out to stay alive. Casey went for a neckbreaker but Julia blocked it. She would be back in control again, and this time she’d nail that cross body, but Casey kicked out of the ensuing pinfall attempt. Casey would come back with a forward Russian legsweep, but Julia kicked out. Julia in kind responded with an Excelsis Dio, but Casey kicked out. Julia tried to nail the Queen’s Ransom, but Casey managed to block it and give her a modified spinebuster. Casey tried the Stock Plunge, but Julia blocked it and then countered with the Guillotine. Casey struggled against the move as she was midway between the center of the ring and the ropes. Julia pulled back, hoping for the submission. But then Kayla Jones made a beeline down the ramp. Julia broke the hold thinking that Kayla was going to slide into the ring, but Kayla stopped right at the ring apron. Angelica Jones then came in through the crowd, hopping over the barricade. She got on the apron, and Julia went after her, but Angelica hopped back off. Kayla hopped on the apron and the same sequence occurred. While this was going on, Casey recovered and then turned Julia around and… STOCK PLUNGE!!!! The fans booed as Casey turned Julia over, hooked the leg and got the three count!]

WINNER: Casey Holliday

[The fans booed, obviously crying foul at the fact that the Sisterhood created the distraction enabling Casey to win. But Casey wasn’t going to leave it at a win as she began to beat Julia down just to run up the score. Kayla and Angelica entered the ring and Kayla pried Casey off of Julia. Casey wasn’t happy and she even argued with the two as Julia slowly stood up. However, the Sisterhood began to corner Julia and Casey smirked as she joined in on the cornering. But, before anything else could happen, Glory Braddock and Nate Lawson bolted down the ramp and into the ring. Casey obviously rolled out of the ring to avoid Nate while Kayla and Angelica backed away. Nate rolled out of the ring and began to chase Casey up the ramp while the Sisterhood and the Braddocks had a tense staredown in the ring.]

After the ruckus of the main event that just took place, Shotgun cuts in on a smirking Myra Lynwood as she walks out of the Verizon Center and into the parking lot. For good measure, she’s carrying the same lead pipe that she used to attack Victoria Salinas earlier in the night. She’s clearly in a great mood as she goes farther into the parking lot, but that mood is about to be tested with the sudden interruption of general manager Allison Mayberry.

Allison: Who the hell do you think you are???

Myra’s smirk turns into a scowl as she turns to face the approaching Shotgun general manager.

Myra: The best women’s wrestler of my entire generation, that’s what!

Allison: Myra… listen…

Myra: Why should I listen considering the wrestler you were a stooge of for so many years, hmm? I ended HER career, imagine what I could do to you!

Allison: Now Myra... we can both agree that person is just a big piece of shit, right?

Myra: That’s about the only thing we can agree on, yes.

Allison: That being said, there is no doubt at all that you have been one of the best women’s wrestlers for the last 10 years. But the absolute best? With all due respect, I think someone like Victoria Salinas would have something to say about that.

Myra just laughs, brushing this off.

Myra: It’s always about Vicky isn’t it….

Myra glares at Allison with anger.

Myra: Why do you think I invaded YOUR show and did what I did to your PRECIOUS VICKY huh?

Allison’s eyes widen, realizing the truth of the situation.

Allison: I want to say I’m surprised, but I’m not. You’ve had it in for her for the last seven years. BUT… that is STILL no excuse to come to MY show and assault one of my best wrestlers! So, you better hope that Victoria… who WAS going to leave GCW tonight by the way… changes her mind on that and accepts your challenge because otherwise, I’m going to have to get into some legal ramific….

Myra: I DON’T CARE about the legal crap!!!

Allison: I know you don’t… I wasn’t done! What if Victoria doesn’t accept your challenge? Then what? All for naught, right?

Myra’s eyes narrow with annoyance.

Myra: Oh she’ll accept my challenge….

Allison: How can you be so sure?

Myra: Because of her fucking ego, that’s why. She didn’t have her fairy tale ending in GCW that she wanted and now she knows that by facing me and beating me at Resurrection, she would. She can leave GCW… but if she does, at this point, she’s leaving as a coward.

Allison: You had this all figured out didn’t you?

Myra: Yes… yes I did.

Myra drops the lead pipe, before laughing and turning. She begins to walk away, but briefly pauses.

Myra: You better hope she accepts that challenge, Allison! Imagine the buyrates on THAT!

Myra scoffs before she walks away into the night. Allison sighs and shakes her head, clearly unhappy with Myra’s actions and logic as the scene fades.

-----
The cameras come on in the ring where Broderick Chase is already waiting.

Brod: “Ladies and gentlemen, over one year ago, Chantelle Chambers was robbed of the GCW World Championship. For most people, such a heartbreaking setback would have been enough to drive them out of the industry in embarrassment. You had everyone celebrating her defeat… those you people adore to those you people malign. Everyone was eager to celebrate Chantelle’s defeat. But she did not allow that to get to her, oh no! She continued to push. Continued to fight. Continued to persevere and now, it is my honor and my privilege to introduce to you the NEW and TWO-TIME GCW World Champion… The Beverly Hills Bombshell… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS! WOOOOOOOOOO!!”

The Brod begins to clap as “All Eyes On Me" by LeToya feat Paul Wall begins to play out over the crowd. Chantelle Chambers steps out on top of the stage, the GCW World Championship shined up and wrapped snuggly around her toned waist. Chantelle stretches out her arms as an array of fireworks go off behind her. As she steps to the top of the ramp, a pair of workers rush out and unroll a red carpet. Chantelle takes her first step onto the carpet and begins to walk down towards the ring.

Brod: “Look at her, people! A picture of perfection before your very eyes! Her toned stomach, her beautifully tanned skin, her smooth, fluid stride… this woman is everything you want. Your ultimate fantasy! WOOOOO!”

Chantelle continues to walk, waving to the crowd as she does.

Brod: “It’s no wonder that Wrestling Fitness magazine has decided to do a full pictorial on her… Not a single one of you are going to pass up that issue! I know you’re all going to rush to magazine stands the day it’s released and buy ten copies! It’s going to be the highest selling issue in that publication’s HISTORY!”

As Chantelle reaches the end of the carpet, she stretches her arms out. Two men emerge from either corner of the ringside area and lift her up, carrying her to the apron where they set her down. The Brod rushes over, prying the ropes open for Chantelle, who steps through. She strides to the middle of the ring and unclasps the World Championship, handing it to The Brod. The lights around the arena begin to lower as a single spotlight shines down in the middle of the ring where Chantelle stands. She stretches her arms to the side as The Brod stands close behind her, holding the World Championship belt up above her head, with the only lights in the arena shining on the new Champion and her belt as more fireworks go off, this time above the ring. Slowly, the music fades and the lights rise, the crowd continually voicing their displeasure with this display. The Brod wraps the Championship belt back around Chambers’ waist and returns to his microphone.

Brod: “Now everyone, I want you to look at your World Champion… the greatest Champion in this company! She has fought against seemingly insurmountable odds to get back here and, when the chips were down, when Glory Braddock took her eyes off the prize, your Bombshell did not hesitate to take advantage. She made sure that when she put the Best in the World down, that the Best in the World STAYED down. I am privileged to have guided her career since it’s inception, having witnessed her grow into her limitless potential first-hand, and to be here to MC this Championship celebra… WHERE’S THE THRONE! I specifically ordered a throne!”

The Brod looks around, starting to get hot under the collar, as the two workers at ringside procure a throne from by the stage and rush it to the ring. They lift it over the top rope and position it in the corner. Broderick takes Chantelle’s hand and guides her over to it, where she sits.

Brod: “That’s better… Now, I am honored to be trusted to MC this Championship celebration. And we have a lot of people who wish to offer their congratulations to you. First… the greatest interviewer in GCW history, JANICE KING! Come out here, Janice!”

Janice King is escorted from the back by a member of Chantelle’s staff. She walks up the steps to the ring, and the Brod pulls the ropes and lets her in.

Janice: “Um… I don’t know what to say. Professionally, I shouldn’t even be here because it might seem biased.”

Brod: “That’s okay, Janice… don’t speak as an interviewer. Speak as the close personal friend of Chantelle Chambers.”

Janice: “Okay… Chantelle… I’m so proud of you! In the short time we’ve gotten to get to know each other, I have seen you as a driven, determined, if misunderstood individual, and I have admired your commitment to this company. You deserve to be World Champion! I’m so happy for you!”

The Brod steps over to her.

Janice: “Thank you, Janice, for that lovely speech.”

Janice takes a step back, waving to Chantelle again.

Brod: “Next, we have a young woman who has been a part of your life longer than any of us, whom I recently had the distinct pleasure of getting to know… your own personal massage therapist… SELINA BAXTER! Selina, come on out here.”

Selina Baxter, another obscenely attractive woman, is escorted towards the ring by a worker, lifted to the ring and helped in by The Brod. Rather than saying anything, she moves over to Chantelle and gives her a hug that, to any onlooker, might appear to be a little more than a hug. She moves to the side, standing with Janice.

Brod: “Not all of our guests were able to be here… but I also have personal congratulatory messages for you, our NEW WORLD CHAMPION…!”

The crowd boos…

Brod: “From such luminaries as Trinity Street, Lukas Knight, Aubrianna Powers… the Most Valuable Powers, by the way… Cody Lindberg-Knight and Christy Hightower, my daughters Ashley, Taylor, and Maddie, your former physical training client and my son-in-law Gavin Taylor, Jordyn Aries, Sam Tolson, and Dawn Marcum, the publisher of Wrestling Fitness Magazine, who also anticipates that your issue will be the HOTTEST SELLER of ALL TIME!”

Chantelle nods, laughing a little bit and clearly enjoying the festivities.

Brod: “But please, I don’t want to be the only person talking here… it’s time for these people to be inspired… to be graced with the words of their NEW World Champion! Chantelle… it’s all yours, baby! WOOOOOOO!!”

The Brod bequeaths his microphone to Chantelle, who sits back in her throne, her belt still clasped around her waist.

Chantelle: “Thank you, Brod. And thank you everyone for all of this. It really means a lot to me that you have taken your time to come out here and celebrate… ME!”

She smiles as Broderick, Janice, and Selina clap in the ring. Chantelle looks down at the belt.

Chantelle: “It’s been too long.”

Smiling she looks out to the crowd.

Chantelle: “The first time I held this Championship, I’ll admit… I took it for granted. I assumed that since I was the World Champion, everyone would cater to me, and that resulted in my reign getting overshadowed by an attention-starved megalomaniac. That was merely the beginning… I let my reign be overshadowed. I let myself grow complacent and it cost me. But I kept fighting. I kept earning my keep And for a long time, I have been deprived of the respect that I deserve.”

She shakes her head.

Chantelle: “No more.”

Looking up to the crowd, microphone in hand, she begins declaring herself quite forcefully.

Chantelle: “When I think about the time that was wasted on others when I could have been standing back at top, it makes me sick to think that you people were HAPPY knowing that I was being held back. That I was not being utilized to my greatest potential! Well now, I have the GCW World Championship! I have a ticket into the MAIN EVENT of Resurrection, and regardless of who that may be against, I will overcome then!”

The crowd boos, and Chantelle’s eyes continue to sharpen as she looks out over the crowd. Still, she smiles…

Chantelle: “You had better get used to this, because I plan on being GCW World Champion for a LONG time! And this time, I won’t be complacent… this time, you will RESPECT the name… you will RESPECT YOUR Champion… and, like always… it will be…

Chantelle clears her throat…

Chantelle: “ALL… EYES… ON…”

Suddenly, "Born for This" by Paramore hits, causing the crowd to cheer and Chambers to look angrily at the stage...where Brooklyn Smith walks out. She smiles and waves at the fans before producing a microphone. She waits a few moments, but once her music fades, Chantelle emerges from her throne with something to say.

Chantelle: "This is what I've been talking about! I'm the GCW World Champion and I STILL do not receive the respect I deserve! What the hell do you want?!?!"

Smith's smile does not falter, but now she locks eyes with Chambers as she has her turn at the mic.

Brooklyn: "I am really sorry to interrupt your celebration here. You have accomplished something truly astounding and you have every right to want to celebrate it. I personally want to congratulate you."

Chambers rolls her eyes, not buying what Brook is saying.

Chantelle: "You are damned right I have every right to celebrate my accomplishment...I am the GCW World Champion. I certainly don't need your permission and I don't appreciate your interruption. So, since we all know you didn't come out here to offer your congratulations, get to it!"

Smith nods, not breaking her eye contact with the champion.

Brooklyn: "I did want to offer my congratulations, but you're right...it wasn't my reason for coming out here. As you know, I was the winner of this year's Civil War match, which means I have earned the privilege to challenge either the GCW World Champion or the GCW Global Champion at Resurrection. I have spent a lot of time weighing my options the past couple of weeks. The obvious choice for me would be to challenge Kendra Classic for the Global Championship...this way I could not only avenge the wrongs she committed against me last year, but I can stay on Livewire, where most of my friends are. No brainer, right? Easy answer. Except, I've never done things the easy way."

The crowd starts to cheer again, in anticipation of the announcement they know is coming next. Brook brushes some hair out of her eyes and takes a deep breath.

Brooklyn: "After speaking with Francis Taylor, Allison Mayberry, and Henry Van Stanton, I have made my decision. At Resurrection 7, on May 27 from Las Vegas, I challenge you, Chantelle Chambers, for the GCW World Championship!"

The Washington crowd roars their approval as Chantelle shakes her head, scoffing at Brook. "Born for This" hits once again, and Brook smiles and waves to her fans before returning her gaze to that of Chambers...and the show fades to black.