Shotgun 7.12

admin
Site Admin

Shotgun 7.12

Post by admin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 am

Shotgun - June 23, 2018 (Canadian Tire Center, Ottawa, ON, Canada)

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you
Backstage, we're greeted by Dexter Russell... and Dexter doesn't seem too enthused by his next 'guest' to interview. However, Dexter is a pro, and puts on a fake smile.

Dexter: Joining me at this time... Derek Powers.

Dexter walks into view, a cocky grin etched on his face.

Dexter: Derek, thank you for joining us.

Derek: Pleasures all yours, Russell.

Dexter frowns, which Derek notices.

Derek: RELAX! I'm not going to cause you any grief, Dex! You're pretty much family now! You and my sis are tight, eventual marriage and kids tight... long as you don't screw it up, I won't beat the piss outta you! Cool?

Dexter: Uh... cool, I guess.

Derek: Great! Now ask your questions, so I can go do my thing and beat up five chumps!

Dexter: Well, let's talk about those competitors... do you feel that you might be at a disadvantage with it being five other people in there? You don't even have to get pinned or submitted to lose.

Derek: No shit, like I didn't know that. It does not matter, Dexter... their brain matter combined doesn't come even close to my intellect! I will outsmart them and win... five, ten, twenty or a hundred people, who cares!? Look, here's the facts... not a single one of them are in my league! I can beat all five of those goofs with one arm tied behind my back! Let's go down the list and look at these characters, shall we?

Derek: Madame Santos? LOSER!

Derek: Matthew Taylor? LOSER!

Derek: Joey Michaels? LOSER!

Derek: Saul Benedict? LOSER!

Derek: Cloudy P? LOSER! With a stupid name!

Dexter: Well...

Derek: I'm not finished! Then you look at me... genetically and intellectually superior to them! More than that, I have something even greater than my obvious gifts to give me victory! That... that is a drive to win! A hunger... a desire.... a NEED to claim victory! My career has not gone as I wanted it... the loss to my brother Steve at Resurrection was one huge-ass wake-up call! I am wasting my potential by not focusing on being the very best, no pun intended, wrestler in GCW! However, I not only have a goal to win this match... I have another goal, Russell...

Dexter: What's that?

Derek: Championship Gold... more specifically, that GCW Heritage Title. The first person to hold it, wanted to make that title as meaningful as either the World or Global titles. That is now MY goal, to win that title and make it the most prestigious prize in this industry! Whether it is the current champion, Nate Lawson, or someone else... I WILL become Heritage Champion, and there is NOTHING that anyone can do to stop me! Not now, not ever... never again.

Derek makes his exit, signifying the interview is over. Dexter sends it back to ringside.

(It's time to check in with one of the new post-Resurrection signings as the image mixes to Shotgun's most loved-up couple. Saul Benedict, one of the competitors in the upcoming six-way match, is paying more attention to his fiancee Caitlyn Hume than to the camera, but he still clearly has something to say.)

Saul: Tonight... is another poor showcase for my talents, to be quite frank. First a tag team match, then a six-way? When exactly, Ms Mayberry, will I be permitted to show the fans of GCW what I'm capable of in a traditional one-versus-one match?

(Caitlyn, who's running her hand up and down Saul's torso, is also visibly unhappy about this. But she says:)

Caitlyn: Look at the positive side of this, baby... this way you get to beat five people instead of one.

Saul: That's true. That's very true. You always know how to make the sweetest lemonade out of rancid lemons.

(Their faces get closer, like they're about to kiss, but instead they both turn back to the camera. Saul narrows his eyes.)

Saul: I - like all other people with a working brain - have very little to say about Joey Michaels, Matthew Taylor, Madame Santos or Cloudy P, save to say to the latter, you were fortunate enough to be my partner on the previous edition, meaning your GCW career started off with a win. That ends tonight. A streak of one. Your baseline competence in our previous match, or at least your lack of enough abject incompetence to get in my way, is not enough for me to treat you any differently to those other cretins I just named alongside you.

(With one name left unmentioned thus far, Saul and Caitlyn's expressions both harden.)

Saul: Derek Powers, on the other hand...

(Brief sigh.)

Saul: Look, I chose to become a wrestler. I well understand that verbal sparring is part of the territory. I don't care what you say to me, as long you say it to me directly.

(He turns back to Caitlyn and cradles her face in his hands.)

Saul: But my dear, sweet Caitlyn... is an innocent. Though she may be quite honestly more athletically honed than half of the field in tonight's match, she's no wrestler. Derek, when you crossed over from attacking me to attacking this perfect, bejewelled flower, you crossed a line.

Caitlyn: As if I would ever look at you twice, Derek, or even once, when I already have the pinnacle of manhood holding me in his arms every night.

Saul: I'm a fair man, Derek, so I'll give you a solitary chance to recognise your error and make amends. You may apologise for your crude, repugnant, pathetic attempts to call Caitlyn's honour into question - or you may be systematically dismantled in the ring to an extent that the mere sight of me induces panic attacks in the future. I suggest you choose wisely.

Caitlyn: Make him pay for what he said about me if he doesn't apologise.

Saul: Of course, Sugarcane.

(Caitlyn smiles demurely in her partner's eyes.)

Caitlyn: I love you so much.

Saul: I love you too.

(And NOW they kiss. Meaning it's probably a good time to take the broadcast elsewhere...)

As the scene fades into the Canadian Tire Center, "I am the Doctor" hits, announcing the arrival of GCW President Henry Van Stanton. He makes his way to the ring and acknowledges the crowd as his music fades.

Henry: "Thank you. I've tried to make it a policy to remain in the shadows as much as possible. For the most part, I think I've done a pretty good job of it, too. But recently, things like the return of my brother Mason has changed that to an extent.

Tonight is another one of those instances. A member of our interview team has been ignoring me, and she has left me with no alternative but to do this on a public stage. Janice King, please come out here."

After a few seconds, GCW Hall-of-Fame interviewer Janice King comes through the curtains and makes her way to the ring. The crowd boo her, which does not seem to please her much, but she attempts to ignore them as she enters the ring via the steps. she approaches Henry, folding her arms over her chest.

Henry: "I'm sorry to have to do things this way, but it seems to be the only way I can get your attention, Janice. It's no secret that you and I have known each other for many years. Until recently, I've been a big fan of your work."

Janice rolls her eyes.

Henry: "As you know, my hands are tied to a degree on how to handle your recent lack of professionalism when it comes to former World Champion Chantelle Chambers. But now, that bias has gone too far. Like it or not, Janice, Brooklyn Smith is the GCW World Champion. It is your job to represent her as such. Going on social media insulting her and actually going as far as saying that you, yourself, can out-wrestle her, is highly inappropriate."

Janice: "With all due respect, I am also a wrestler, and I believe I can defeat her. My win-loss percentage is better than hers. But, I don't have to because Chantelle will do so for me."

Van Stanton shakes his head.

Henry: "There you go again. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Sadly, the Board will not allow me to fire you, but I can suspend you...without pay."

The fans pop and Janice looks stunned.

Janice: "What?!?!?! I am the best interviewer you have! I'm the only reporter to be inducted into the GCW Hall-of-Fame! It's only a matter of time before I'm inducted as a wrestler, too! You can't suspend me! I have an excellent lawyer!"

Henry: "I'm sure you do. I am very familiar with Mr. Chase. Anyhow, I can and I will suspend you. Effective immediately..."

"Born for This" by Paramore hits, causing the crowd to pop big. Brooklyn Smith comes out, dressed in her street clothes and carrying the GCW World Championship belt. She makes her way to the ring, slapping hands with fans along the way. She enters the ring, standing near Mr. Van Stanton who smiles at her. Meanwhile, King is staring daggers at Brooklyn, which the champion ignores. Brook's music fades as she retrieves a microphone.

Brooklyn: "I apologize for the interruption, Mr. Van Stanton. It was important for me to get out here and say my peace before you go any further."

Henry nods.

Henry: "Go on."

Brooklyn: "I do agree with what you have been saying. Ever since becoming World Champion, I have been disparaged by everyone backstage. My friends who have been here already warned me this would happen, but one can't really be prepared for it. So, to an extent, I expected it. I didn't, however, expect it from someone representing GCW's journalism staff. So, yeah, Janice has acted poorly...but I wouldn't feel good about myself if I let you suspend her, expecially without pay. She has been a loyal employee for many years, after all."

Janice: "Thanks...I think."

Henry: "I appreciate your opinion, Brooklyn...but, I don't know what else to do with her. Warnings have done no good...I'm left with hitting her where it hurts...in the pocketbook."

Brooklyn: "I have an idea, if you'll indulge me."

Henry nods and motions for her to continue. King, once again, rolls her eyes.

Brooklyn: "This past week Janice, you've been talking about your own wrestling background. You've even said that you could beat me, right?"

King looks unsure now, but then nods her head.

Janice: "Ye...yes, I did. I mean, I can!"

Brooklyn: "Right. How about this, then. Instead of sitting at home, not collecting a paycheck...we settle this like wrestlers...in the ring."

The Ottawa crowd cheers. Janice starts to fidget, looking between Smith and Van Stanton.

Brooklyn: "Hell, if I'm going to step into the ring, I'll even put the World title on the line. Think of it, Janice, you could be the next GCW World Champion!"

Janice: "Well...I mean..."

Henry: "It's your choice, Janice. Either accept the challenge to face Brooklyn one-on-one for the title, or I will suspend you...without pay."

The crowd starts a chant of "Do it" as Janice stands there, unsure of what to do. Henry looks at his watch, then back at her.

Henry: "We need to wrap this up Janice. You have exactly ten seconds to make up your mind...otherwise, I'll make it up for you and suspend you."

Janice: "This is unfair! What kind of choice is this?!?"

Henry: Six seconds. Five. Four. Three."

Janice: "Okay!!! Okay!!! I accept the challenge!!!"

The fans roar their approval as Brooklyn and Henry both smile. Janice, however, backs away from the pair.

Henry: "Good choice. I will talk to Ms. Mayberry about booking that match ASAP. Good night."

"I am the Doctor" hits again and Henry leaves the ring, leaving Janice and Brooklyn behind, staring at each other, as the scene fades out.

Saul Benedict vs. Cloudy P vs. Derek Powers vs. Matthew Taylor vs. Joey Michaels vs. Madame Santos
[Cloudy P dominated the early portion with his power based game but then Derek and Saul double teamed him and seemed to take him out of the equation. That alliance didn’t last long when Derek turned on Saul. From there it was an all out brawl between all involved. The match ended with Saul connecting with Ode To Caitlyn on Madame Santos for a cover and a pin.]
WINNER: Saul Benedict

(We cut backstage where we spot Melanie McBride, Karen McBride, Sierra McBride, and of course Blair McBride. The four McBride sisters…well, three and Sierra, who is an honorary McBride sister…all stand there dressed looking dressed to kill as they stare into the camera with confident looks on their faces.)

Melanie: When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade. Or at least that’s what they say. The point of such a saying is to illustrate the truth that when you are faced with hard times, you make the most of it. You should always try to find the good in the situation. But good and evil, that’s all passé, so I prefer to think of it as benefits. Try to think of what benefits can come from such a bad situation.

(She pats herself on the chest.)

Melanie: I was forced into servitude to the Nero Organization for quite a long time. I thought I was losing myself but in reality I was gaining a deeper knowledge of how the world works. I was evolving into a stronger, smarter individual. My sister Sierra was once a flighty little girl who cared about nothing except having fun. But thanks to the same evolutionary process she is now a McBride and she is now all business. We brought what we have learned into the McBride family and we made it stronger, we made it more efficient and more powerful.

(She chuckles.)

Melanie: You could say that the McBride family itself evolved. What you see standing before you now is the evolution of The McBride Corporation.

(She pats Karen on the back.)

Melanie: Karen McBride brings experience to the table. She’s been a wrestler longer than any of us. She also brings a killer instinct to the table, the willingness to go for the jugular.

(She pats Sierra on the back.)

Melanie: Our newest sister Sierra brings youth and determination to the fold. She will not be stopped by anyone who dares get in her way.

(She pats Blair on the back.)

Melanie: Blair is our eyes and ears backstage. She is our manager, agent, and guide. When it comes to the corporate world no one is better.

(She smirks.)

Melanie: Then there’s me; am I the leader? No, we are equals. But my sisters recognize me as the one who fueled this evolution. They recognize that I am the one who brought all of this together and made this all possible. So if you want to call that a leader then yes, maybe I am a leader. But we all work towards common goals here at the McBride Corporation and our current goal is dominating the Shotgun brand by winning championships. And I guess that that put poor Nate Lawson square in our eyesight.

(She chuckles.)

Melanie: Don’t take it personally, Lawson. It’s just business, my friend.

(The scene shifts.)

Melanie McBride vs. Monroe Jones
[Melanie was dominant in this match from start to finish. Monroe tried to put up a fight but to no avail. It ended swiftly after Melanie snapped off Evolution, flooring Jones. She covered and scored a pin fall victory.]
WINNER: Melanie McBride

Shotgun cuts to Morgan Valentine who isn’t even in Ottawa, having been suspended for her “bullying” of Chelsea Summers. Sitting in her own living room and obviously having no fancy studio… or a cover band playing songs for her… the Brooklyn native is definitely not in a good mood as she thinks about where her grudge against Chelsea LeClair is going. Taking a small breath, Morgan begins to speak.

Morgan: Two weeks ago on Shotgun… THIS happened…

The satellite footage cuts to a shot of Chelsea LeClair smashing Morgan over the head with her now ex-boyfriend’s guitar before it cuts back to Morgan.

Morgan: Chelsea LeClair smashed a GUITAR over my head! But what was Allison’s punishment? NOTHING! And yet, I slip a five dollar bill under her hotel room door, she gets offended, starts crying, and quits for five minutes… and I get SUSPENDED for BULLYING? No wonder my cousin left GCW so long ago! I’m getting the same exact bullshit unfair treatment as she did when she was here! But wait, there’s more…

Allison Mayberry made me an offer. She is going to lift the suspension IF I decide to face Chelsea in two weeks in a one on one match and just the thought of that stripper slut being in the same ring as me makes me shudder. I REALLY don’t want her to touch me again and it seems obvious to me that Allison FAVORS Chelsea because she drafted her with the number one overall pick and now she’s looking after her like she’s her mother… which is STUPID because didn’t Chelsea reunite with her mother recently? Didn’t she change her last name from her dad’s name to her name? Ugh, I’m just rambling at this point… but the fact of the matter is… if I don’t face Chelsea in two weeks, I’m still going to be suspended.

Morgan pauses and sighs, clearly not liking the situation.

Morgan: But then if I face her I risk catching something from her… you know…

Morgan sighs again and bites her lower lip from the inside, showing some reluctance to what she’s about to say.

Morgan: BUT… I accept those terms and conditions…. RELUCTANTLY! It’s not because I WANT to face Chelsea… because I DON’T… it’s because you people on Shotgun DESERVE to see me. You MILLENNIALS need to be GRATEFUL that I am on Shotgun to make OUR generation look good because lord knows NONE of you do that… ESPECIALLY Chelsea! So… I am going to come back in two weeks, I am going to face Chelsea in this match, and I am going to make an EXAMPLE to you millenials as to what happens when you do nothing but do… well… your disgusting millennial… well… THINGS!

So Chelsea… I’ll see you in two weeks! I’m going to strip you… of your PRIDE… and I’m going to make you quit GCW!!!!

Morgan stands up and walks away from the camera, causing her satellite statement to fade to black.

Total Emissary vs. Chelsea LeClair (Handicap Match)
[Chelsea started out fast, knowing that she had to hit and move against two competitors. The numbers game caught up to her as Total Emissary started to dominate by picking up the pace. Emissary’s dominance did not last long as Chelsea fought back, connected with Cancelled on one, and then made the other tap out to TTFO for a submission victory.]
WINNER: Chelsea LeClair

(We cut backstage to the ready area where we spot Marie Annabelle Jones and Kimberly Williams, the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions known as Twin Magic. Standing next to them is GCW reporter Dexter Russell.)

Dexter: My name is Dexter Russell and I am backstage here with the reigning Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions, Twin Magic. Now ladies, tonight you defend the championships against a veteran team in the form of Caitlyn and Kenny Perry, Team Perry…

Kim: Who?

Dexter: Caitlyn and Kenny Perry. You know? Team Perry.

Kim: Who?

(Marie sighs and steps in.)

Marie: Kim’s being funny, ignore her. What she’s trying to get across is that some teams may overlook Team Perry. But not Twin Magic. We understand exactly what you just told us, Dexter. They are a veteran team and while they haven’t won any tag team titles before, they’ve been on the cusp of it in both GDW and here in GCW. They’re talented enough to take advantage of the slightest mistake and turn it into gold.

(Marie shakes her head.)

Marie: But we’re not going to make any of those mistakes. We’re going to wrestle a picture perfect match and walk away still Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions.

(The scene shifts.)

(We cut to the ring where fans are booing. They are booing because Tigra is in the ring with her father and trainer, Carlos Diaz. She has her Global X Briefcase in hand, brandishing it confidently.)

Tigra: ¡Ven aquí y enfréntame!

(She chuckles.)

Tigra: To the uneducated masses out here, what that means is………ALLISON! COME OUT HERE AND FACE ME! I have this briefcase and that means I control your destiny! I’m done waiting and it’s time to let you know of your fate, little girl!

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready 'cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

Katy Perry’s “Roar” begins to play over the PA system. Allison Lorraine steps out onto the stage. She doesn’t look too enthused as she makes her way down the ramp towards the ring.

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar

Allison hops up onto the ring apron and enters the ring.

Allison: What do you want, Carmen?

Tigra: TIGRA! MY NAME IS TIGRA! I…

(She takes a few deep breaths to calm down.)

Tigra: I’m not going to let you get me upset. Tonight is the night I finish this between you and I. Tonight is the night that you pay for your sins and I walk away victorious with what has always belonged to me.

(Tigra chuckles again.)

Tigra: It’s funny how you and I have always been connected, Allison. We trained together, we were raised together by our fathers, Juan and Carlos. We were brought up together in the wrestling tradition of Tigra.

(She pokes a finger into Allison’s chest.)

Tigra: But you were the one chosen to be Tigra. You were the one who the mask and identity was passed on to. And what did you do with that identity? What did you do with that great responsibility that was bestowed upon you?

(She gets up in Allison’s face.)

Tigra: YOU SET IT ABLAZE! YOU BURNED THE ORIGINAL TIGRA MASK!

Allison: You still don’t understand…

Tigra: Oh I understand perfectly how you betrayed our culture and tradition. That’s why my father passed the mask and identity of Tigra onto me. That’s why tonight I make everything right by using this briefcase that I earned at Resurrection to punish you severely. Fate works in mysterious ways, Allison, and you just happened to get that empty briefcase, the briefcase signifying your lack of destiny, because your destiny now is written by me!

(She shoves the briefcase up in Allison’s face.)

Tigra: I hereby use my briefcase from Global X to permanently acquire your services! You belong to me, Allison, and you will work off the debt you owe to the family by working for me for the rest of your pathetic wrestling career!

(The crowd boos but Allison just laughs it off.)

Allison: Seriously? That’s the best you can do? It’s not very imaginative, not very creative. I mean, you are literally stealing out of the old Ginger Nation playbook.

Tigra: Are you mocking me?!

Allison: Mocking you? Carmen, I’m just merely saying that my girl Jenni Anderson called and she wants her strategy back. That’s the kind of thing she and Marie did back when they were in charge of Ginger Nation. You’re not an original, Carmen. And this punishment, as bad as it may turn out to be, is nothing creative. I’ve been through it once, I’ll survive it again. And it’ll end the same way it ended between me and Ginger Nation…me kicking your ass!

(The crowd roars loudly in support of Allison.)

Tigra: No! You cannot fight me! I control you!

Allison: And maybe that’s the whole problem right there, isn’t it? This isn’t about the mask or the identity of Tigra. The truth of the matter is that I did feel terrible, horrible even, over what Ginger Nation forced me to do to the mask, but I don’t need nor do I want forgiveness from my uncle Carlos. I already received forgiveness from the one true Tigra and that man happens to be my father, Juan Diaz.

(Carlos and Tigra both are heard shouting and cursing her Spanish.)

Allison: No, this isn’t about the sacred tradition of the mask. It never was for you two. This boils down to something extremely petty; something called jealousy.

Tigra: You think I’m jealous of you? I have the mask! You don’t! What do I have to be jealous of?!

Allison: Simple…I earned the mask and identity of Tigra because I proved myself. Week in and week out we both busted our asses, Carmen, but at the end of the day you know it, I know it, Carlos knows it, and my father damn sure knew it because he was the one who decided that I was the one worthy to pass on the identity of Tigra!

Tigra: NO!

(She slaps Allison across the face.)

Tigra: You are not better than me! Your stupid father made a mistake! I SHOULD’VE BEEN CHOSEN!

Allison: Then prove it.

Tigra: What?

Allison: Should have, could have, wasn’t…but if you want shut up all of your critics, me included, then prove yourself worthy. Just because you have that mask on your face doesn’t make you Tigra. It wasn’t Carlos’s right to make you the new Tigra. That’s not even the original mask.

(Allison reaches into her pocket and produces a charred, obviously burned, mask.)

Allison: This is the original mask. I kept it, as a reminder of what I had done and as a symbol of my goal to earn this mask back.

Tigra: You don’t deserve to wear that mask! You dishonored it! You dishonored Tigra by burning the mask!

(She nods her head.)

Allison: You’re right, Carmen. I don’t deserve to wear the mask, but neither do you. My uncle was not the original Tigra and thus he had no right to give the identity to you. He just saw an opportunity to make his little girl the new Tigra and he took it. The truth is that neither of us have earned the right to wear the mask. And now you are faced with a decision. You use that briefcase to make me your slave, all the while PRETENDING to be Tigra, but deep down in your heart and your soul you would know that you are just a pretender to the throne. The only way you can truly earn the right to wear the mask is by defeating the former wearer and that’s me.

Carlos: ¡No la escuches, hija mía! Tú eres el tigre!

Allison: Shut up, Carlos! This is between me and Carmen!

(She turns to face Tigra.)

Allison: What I propose is that we take the original Tigra mask and suspend it high above the ring. First person to climb the ladder and retrieve the mask has earned the right to be Tigra.

Tigra: Why would I agree to that?

Allison: Because you know that you need to earn that mask, and for me I know that the only way I’d ever feel right about possessing that mask and identity again is by proving myself worthy, paying for my sins. You were right, I do need to pay for my sins, but not through a lame slavery deal. Beat the living hell out of me in this ladder match Carmen…if you can…and then you can rightfully call yourself Tigra!

(Carlos Diaz is shaking his head vehemently, trying to urge his daughter not to accept the challenge. Unfortunately for him, Tigra nods her head.)

Tigra: I accept.

(Suddenly Tigra kicks her in the gut and then drills her with a Ferocious Fate. The crowd boos loudly as Tigra hops up and stands over Allison’s fallen form.)

Tigra: But if I’m going to use my briefcase to make that match with those specific stipulations then I set the terms. We’re not having this fight tonight. We’re having it at For Glory & Gold. And remember, Allison, it was you who issued the challenge, not me.

(She reaches down and picks up the original Tigra mask and hands it to Carlos.)

Tigra: So if you ever want to see this again, you’ll have to pry it from our cold dead hands by climbing that ladder.

(Tigra and Carlos walk off.)

(We cut backstage where we spot the evil, grinning face of none other than Mason Van Stanton.)

Mason: Ladies and gentlemen, please sit up and take notes, you might learn something. Pay your attention and pay your respects to my princess and yours, Destiny Van Stanton.

(Destiny steps into the camera shot and the crowd booing can be heard in the background. Destiny steps in and shares a passionate kiss with her husband, Mason Van Stanton. The embrace and kiss is broken and then she turns to face the camera.)

Destiny: Far too long I’ve wallowed in an abyss of mediocrity, all because of some stupid notion of doing things “the right way”…and yet the history of the human race shows that the true success stories are not told by those who do things the right way but by those who win. Winners write the history books, not those who do things the right way. My focus has been on the right priority. Instead of prioritizing doing things right, I should have been prioritizing victory at any cost. And that’s where I’m at right now. Today is the first day of the rest of my life because now you get to see what I can do when I am unleashed and unrestrained by the rules set down by society.

(She pats Mason on the chest.)

Destiny: My husband here gave me that gift of enlightenment. The best I can do in return is to help him deal with a problem of his own, a problem known as Julia Braddock.

(She chuckles.)

Destiny: You were offered the gift of enlightenment before me. Mason was going to give you the world on a silver platter but you turned him down. You rejected him. And it didn’t end there, because you also humiliated him in front of the world. Do you really think he would let that go?

(She shakes her head.)

Destiny: You’re going to pay, Julia, your entire Braddock family will pay when we face off at For Glory & Gold with the Braddock family legacy on the line. You say you won’t accept but I think Mason and I can change your mind. Just watch what I do to your little buddy Mark tonight.

(She waves playfully.)

Destiny: Hi, Mark! Am I disinvited from all of the Britain’s Best barbeques? It doesn’t matter. You’re the perfect first victim on my own new path to greatness. Tonight I make an example out of you, you big dumb Neanderthal.

(She and Mason walk off.)

Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championships
Twin Magic (C) vs. Team Perry

[The action in this match was fast and furious as both sides were fast paced high risk taking teams. Kimberly’s somewhat mentally imbalanced state caused her to throw herself and Kenny Perry off the top turnbuckle to the outside! This left Marie alone with Caitlyn. Marie drilled Caitlyn with Ave Maria. Marie picked up the pin for her team.]
WINNERS and STILL Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions: Twin Magic

Shotgun cuts to Chelsea Summers in the hallway and she’s leaning against the wall, happy as she can be, about getting her first win in GCW since returning to Shotgun. She’s ecstatic to put Total Emissary behind her, happiness that she appears to be expressing in a text message to someone. Once she’s done though, interviewer Samuel Price comes into view. This catches Chelsea by surprise, but she puts the phone in her pocket and maintains her poise as the abrupt interview starts.

Price: Chelsea… sorry to interrupt. But… earlier tonight, you defeated Total Emissary in your handicap match! How did it feel?

Chelsea: Oh my god, it felt GREAT! I embarrassed myself hanging out with them to begin with, so to be able to erase that part of my past is an amazing feeling. I missed being in a Shotgun ring, I’ll say that for a fact and I know that this is just the start of me erasing my awful past and showing the world what I can do when I’m not being afflicted by my father’s hypnosis and all of his brainwashing bullshit! Tonight? That was step one! What does this even mean? That Chelsea LeClair is back on track!

Price: And I assume that Morgan Valentine is step two?

Chelsea: Duh!

Chelsea chuckles for a bit, but then expresses anger on her face remembering what Morgan has put her through.

Chelsea: All the bullying… I swear! She can’t let go of my past. Why is it such a personal affront to her? Is it because I’m a “millennial”? That wouldn’t make any sense because she’s one too. Not to mention the fact that… I haven’t DONE anything to her! She came into GCW after I left and she started taking cheap shots at me from day one. Why? I don’t understand! But for months, I had to take her social media abuse and her cheap shots and… it pisses me off… even now!

Price: With all due respect, I have to correct you on something.

Chelsea: Hmm?

Price; Two weeks ago, you DID do something to her. You assaulted her on her own show and smashed her head with a guitar!

The fans cheer this, remembering the moment.

Chelsea: She had that coming for a long time! But the fact of the matter is, I want Morgan! And when I get her in that ring, I’ll show her that I am far beyond the “stripper slut” she thinks I am. She’s lucky she’s suspended tonight, because otherwise… yeah… I don’t want to get into it because…

Chelsea is interrupted by the presence of Janice King.

Janice: Chelsea…

Price: Hey! This is MY interview!

Janice: Calm down! I’m not trying to steal your interview. I just wanted to let Chelsea know someone is waiting for her in catering.

Chelsea: Oh?

Chelsea walks away from the interview and heads down the hallway, right toward catering. Once she gets there, she sees Morgan Valentine’s ex-boyfriend waiting for her.

Morgan’s Ex: Chelsea….

Chelsea: Oh…. uh… hi…. Uh…. what’s your name again?

Kevin: Kevin…

Chelsea: Oh gosh, so awkward um… look, I’m sorry I smashed your guitar over your girlfriend’s head…

Kevin: No no… don’t apologize for that. It was worth the guitar, honestly. I broke up with Morgan because I’m not going to date someone so mean spirited like her.

Chelsea: Well… um… good for you… yeah….

Kevin: Are you doing anything tonight?

Chelsea: Huh?

Kevin: I wanted to know if you were in the mood for dinner.

Chelsea: Um… you mean… like a date?

Kevin: Something like that…

Chelsea: Sure!!! Oh god… Morgan’s going to be so mad…

Kevin: Do you care? Honestly…

Chelsea: No… can we go now???

Kevin: Great minds think alike!

Chelsea blushes with slight embarrassment as Kevin turns around and starts walking. Chelsea walks with him and catches up with him as the two proceed out of the building for their impromptu first date.

Destiny Van Stanton vs. Mark O'Brian
[An angry Mark took advantage early on with his superior strength. Slams and suplexes and throws galore. She rolls to the outside to break his momentum but he gives chase. Mason distracts him allowing Destiny to get up and shove him into the steel ring post. Destiny focused on submissions with a dragon screw leg whip, an STF, and a Calf Crusher. She locks in the Birmingham Cloverleaf but Mark reaches the ropes. She goes for Sky High but Mark counters into a power bomb. Mark with Art of War! A cover but Mason distracts the referee. Mark with Art of War on Mason! He turns around into The Destiny Cutter! Cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Destiny Van Stanton

[The match is over but Destiny is not finished. She goes underneath the ring and retrieves a hammer. She brings the hammer down hard on Mark’s knee over and over again. The crowd comes alive as Glory Braddock, Sophie O’Brian, and Julia Braddock hit the ring. Destiny and Mason make a quick exit while Britain’s Best tends to Mark’s injury.]

Mason: Oh isn’t that bad! Isn’t it so bad what my princess did to poor Mark, injuring his knee, maybe even shattering it, who knows?

(Julia starts shouting angrily at Mason though it is unclear what she is saying.)

Mason: What’s that, Julia? You want revenge for your friend? You know the easiest way to get it is by facing my princess at For Glory & Gold but you only get that match by agreeing to face her on OUR terms, putting the Braddock legacy on the line!

Julia: No! You’re not going to sucker me in that easy, Mason! I’m not putting my family legacy on the line against you and Destiny!

Mason: Too bad. Destiny and I will just have to turn up the heat. You will accept our challenge, Julia. It’s just a matter of how far and how violent we have to get in order to convince you to agree to our terms.

Myra Lynwood and Summer Newman are sitting in the locker room as they are preparing for battle later in the night when they team up with Tigra to take on Victoria Salinas, the Enigma and Allison Lorraine. Myra is in quite the good mood considering the fact that two weeks ago, she was able to get the jump on Victoria with her surprise alliance with Summer. With the tense atmosphere in the air, Myra decides to break the ice.

Myra: Tell me something…

Summer turns toward Myra.

Summer: Yes?

Myra: How did it feel putting your hands on Victoria Salinas two weeks ago? I’m talking about after the match when we surprised her. Oh lord, that was fun.

Summer: It felt great… sweet revenge for that match that we just had.

Myra: And two weeks from tonight, I am not going to have just you… I am going to have her as well when I own her like a slave! But tonight, we’ve got a task to focus on. After all, we need to give her a sneak peak of what the rest of her career is going to be like. Right?

Summer doesn’t respond as she stands up in a haste. This catches Myra’s attention and within seconds, she spots the presence of Victoria Salinas herself. She draws some huge cheers, undoubtedly boosted by the fact that she’s in Canada which has been her career-long territory.

Myra: I got this, Summer…

Summer sits down, leading to a tense staredown between the two rivals.

Myra: Reporting to me already, Vicky? Wow! You’ve already got your “bitch” career down!

Victoria: You’re hilarious…

Myra: I know! My father had a sickening sense of humor. It’s one of the few things I was glad to inherit from him. What do you want, anyway?

Victoria: I came to ask you one simple question.

Myra: Well, it better be a good one because the only thing I’m in the mood for is replicating what I did to you at Resurrection when I beat you fair and square and broke your little flagship mystique and aura. Oops, too soon?

Myra and Summer both have a laugh at this as Victoria responds.

Victoria: Why do you want me if you hate me so much?

Myra: Great question…

Myra chuckles with evil intentions in mind as she begins to answer.

Myra: Because owning you… is the only way I will ever be satisfied with my revenge for everything that you ever took from me! Two weeks from tonight, when we have our rematch… I’m going to beat you again and you’re going to be working for ME! You are going to do everything I tell you. If I want you to get me some coffee… you will get me coffee. If I want you to do my dishes, you will do my dishes. If I want you to do a strip tease in the ring… then guess what… you’re doing it! Not that I actually WANT to see you that way…

Victoria: I think you’ve made your point loud and clear.

Myra: You really want to avenge your Resurrection loss to me don’t you? Face it Vicky… you can be pro-GCW all you want… I know how much you love this company… or how much you claim to love it with your tendency to be in a second wrestling company. Hell, rumor has it you’re in negotiations with one right now. Not important… the fact is… you’re a lie, Victoria!

I exposed it at Resurrection…

And I’m going to expose it when you’re working for me!

Victoria: And what if I beat you? What are you going to do then?

Myra: You won’t…

Myra glares at Victoria.

Myra: Because with every Shotgun… every time I look into your eyes… your burning desire is fading more… and more… and there will be a time where you decide that you’d rather not be here anymore than suffer this slow… painful… decline you’re going through. So, do everything you can to win tonight… Summer?

Summer stands up.

Myra: Because it’s the last victory you’re ever going to get in Global Championship Wrestling… IF it didn’t happen two weeks ago already. Come Summer… we’re done talking to this hypocrite trash!

Myra and Summer brush by Victoria and leave the locker room hearing boos from the crowd. Victoria is left standing there, trying to make anything out of the words Myra just told her, before the scene fades to black.

(We cut backstage to the trainer’s area. Mark O’Brian is sitting in there after his match against Destiny. An ice pack is on his knee. Glory, Julia, and Sophie, the other members of Britain’s Best, are standing around him looking on, some with looks of anger others with looks of concern.)

Sophie: Are you ok, brother?

Mark: Yeah, I’ll be fine…lucky for me I don’t think she broke it…

(He growls.)

Mark: …but when I get up, I’m gonna break her!

(Julia is pacing the floor, shaking her head.)

Julia: This is all my fault.

Glory: Ok, let’s get things clear here. First of all, keep your temper in check, Mark. You’re in no condition right now to go after anyone. Got it?

(Reluctantly Mark nods his head.)

Glory: Now Julia, none of this is your fault. You can’t control what those two creeps do.

Julia: But they’re my problem and you guys are being affected because of me. They want me in the ring at For Glory & Gold and they’re going to do anything to get me in the ring.

Sophie: Face her then. Give her what she wants.

(Julia shakes her head.)

Julia: I can’t! I can’t face her under the stipulations they want. I can’t face her with the entire Braddock legacy, our school included, on the line. It isn’t fair to any of you.

Sophie: You can win, Julia. I know you can. Smack the little twat down to size.

(Glory places a hand on Julia’s shoulder.)

Glory: It’s ok, Julia. You make whatever decision you want. No one here will pressure you. If you don’t want to face her at For Glory & Gold, we can come up with another solution. And that starts tonight. If Destiny and Mason want to send a message by targeting your friends, then we can send a message by targeting theirs. You and I can take out Wrestling’s Most Wanted.

(The scene shifts.)

Victoria Salinas, Allison Lorraine and the Enigma vs. Myra Lynwood, Tigra and Summer Newman
[Victoria and the Ginger Nation fought hard early on but Myra, Tigra, and Summer isolated Allison in their corner, making quick tags in and out. Eventually Allison tagged out to Victoria and she came in like a house of fire, taking on all three of them. Eventually Summer and Tigra tried to double team Victoria and this drew in Ginger Nation. A giant brawl erupted but this was all the distraction Myra needed. Enigma made a blind tag in. She went for the Enigma Driver but Myra countered into Tradition Breaker. Cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Myra Lynwood, Tigra, & Summer Newman

"Yes... Yes, definitely... this deal could be a major boon to Shotgun."

Allison Mayberry is doing what general managers usually do... manage. She's on the phone, at the moment, working to close an important deal for her Shotgun brand. So engrossed in the phone call is she, that she barely pays any mind to her door opening and two people walking into her office. She holds up a hand, letting them know to let her finish her phone call.

Allison: Listen, I have to let you go... but I am definitely interested in meeting up and discussing this further! I'll get in contact, and we can set a day and time, okay?? Alright. Goodbye.

Allison hangs up the phone, and begins speaking, as she looks up at the pair.

Allison: Alright, how can I help... oh Lord, not you!

To Allisons horror and disgust, standing in front of her desk is none other than one Alexander Midas. To his right is a woman who had a rather short tenure in GCW before her departure a year ago, Alissa Whitehall. Alexander has a self-satisfied smirk on his face.

Midas: What's wrong, Mayberry? You act like you aren't happy to see me!

Allison: *Glares at Midas* I'm not. I thought you were gone for good, Midas... or so I had hoped. *Allison glances at Alissa* What are you doing with this jackass?

Alissa: *Coldly glares at Allison* First off, don't talk about my husband like that!

Allison: *Surprised* Husband!?

Alexander and Alissa raise their hands, showing off their wedding rings.

Alissa: Yes, husband. Alissa Midas, get the point? Or is that too hard for your pea-brain to remember?

Allison and Alissa trade glares, before Alexander eventually breaks up the glaring contest.

Alexander: Look, Mayberry... I thought it would be common courtesy to let you know we're back on your brand, ready to bring some class to this place!

Allison: What makes you think I would ever sign the likes of either of you!?

Alexander and Alissa share knowing smirks, something Allison notices.

Allison: ... What?

Alexander pulls out a few papers from inside his jacket and hands them to Allison. Allison looks them over, and her faces looks thunderous.

Allison: How the hell did you...?

Alexander: Amazing how agreeable the board is, when you give them some 'incentive'!

Allison: ... You bought them off, didn't you?

Alexander: I never said that! YOU did... and you might want to be careful about making those kind of insinuations!

Allison: Damn you...

Alissa: Look at it this way, Mayberry... with Alexander and I here, at least you have some actual talent on Shotgun! Be seeing you...

Alissa and Alexander laugh, as they exit Allisons office. Allison, meanwhile, is pissed off... knowing that a pair of giant headaches have just arrived on Shotgun, like she needed any more of those.

Allison: Just great...

Glory Braddock and Julia Braddock vs. Wrestling's Most Wanted
[The match starts out going back and forth in a technical wrestling marvel, as both teams hold their own. Using some underhanded tactics Hannah and Kendra gain an advantage over Julia, isolating her and slowly picking her apart. Julia fights back and makes a tag out to Glory. Glory comes in and goes to town on Hannah and Kendra. Julia gets back up and fights with Hannah outside, leaving Glory and Kendra to fight inside the ring. Suddenly the crowd boos as Destiny and Mason hit the ring. Destiny helps Hannah against Julia while Mason gets a blindside attack on Glory. Then Total War hits the ring. It’s a four on four brawl as the referee calls for the bell.]
WINNERS: No Contest

[The fight is fairly even between the two sides until Destiny clips Mark’s already injured knee. This distracts Sophie, allowing Kendra to drill her with a ClassiCrash. Destiny and Mason proceed to double team Julia while Hannah and Kendra focus on double teaming Glory until officials rush out to break it up.]

The sound of a clearing throat can be heard as the lights fade to black, a single spotlight shining atop the ramp. Broderick “The Brod” Chase steps into that spotlight, looking out over the booing crowd.

Brod: “Ladies and gentlemen, although you don’t deserve it, prepare yourselves to bask in the presence of the greatest talent today. She is defined by more than her gender. She is defined by more than her generation. She is truly a once in a LIFETIME talent the likes of which will be imitated, but NEVER duplicated. And, when she is granted her rightful rematch, she will once again become YOUR GCW World Champion. I present to you the Beverly Hills Bombshell… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS!!”

“All Eyes On Me" by LeToya feat Paul Wall begins to play out over the crowd. Chantelle Chambers steps out on top of the stage, her arms already stretched out to receive her adulation from the crowd – and ignoring that it is boos that shower her. She throws her sunglasses aside and begins to walk down towards the ring, followed by The Brod, who’s grinning like a Cheshire cat the whole way. When they get to the ring, The Brod rushes to the apron first, lifting the ropes up for his client to step through. Chambers does and stands in the ring, beckoning for the microphone from The Brod. He hands it to her as she poses in the middle of the ring, the crowd booing her. Finally, as the reaction softens, she begins to speak.

Chambers: “Soak it in, Ottawa…”

The boos of the crowd flare up again.

Chambers: “Soak it in because I am the best thing in this city today! What? You’re going to talk to me about the Senators, a team who can’t even keep their own players in line? You’re going to talk to me about the Red-Blacks, who play for a tertiary football league? I am a bona fide success story. I am a World Championship calibre athlete! And, as my manager pointed out, I will again reach that plateau and become World Champion for a third time!”

The boos fire up some more, which Chantelle ignores.

Chambers: “Whether you want to admit it or not, this company NEEDS me. I have stood head and shoulders above the rest for a long time, despite the best efforts of others to have me dragged down. I know just how many of you want to see me hit rock bottom, but there is no rock bottom for Chantelle Chambers. You want me to hit rock bottom so you can look at me and say “Well, my life may be absolutely miserable, but at least she’s unhappy, so I can feel a little bit better about myself”, isn’t that right?”

The crowd roars…

Chambers: “Well I think that makes you all PATHETIC! You want me to be a failure just like you, when I am so much better carrying this company. Could you imagine what it would be like without me?”

Chantelle shudders.

Chambers: “Perish the thought. This place would be overrun by bullies and bully-enablers. Sure… one person gets suspended over Twitter bullying, but you have a group team up on a perfectly innocent interviewer… a group seeks to completely destroy her credibility… and they’re ignored. They even go as far as to blame the victim! What happened to “Me Too”, people? Does that only apply when you like the victim or don’t like the perpetrator?”

The crowd now showers Chantelle in boos… boos that she dismisses.

Chambers: “Well that doesn’t matter. Because I am going to get my rematch against Brooklyn Smith. I have it in my contract, and this time, Allison Mayberry will NOT be able to SCREW ME like she did last time by putting an UNDESERVING third party into the match! It will be ONE ON ONE, and when it happens, I WILL BE CHAMPION AGAIN! And when that happens, you had BETTER damn well get used to this sight, because GCW will once again be back to it’s most NATURAL of states…”

She turns to the camera, lifting her head, closing her eyes, and reciting her mantra, surprisingly with some fan participation…

Chambers: “ALL… EYES… ON... “

The crowd first lets out an appropriately timed “ME”, but Chantelle does not. Instead, she lowers her head again and opens her eyes, looking right into the camera lens as a smile curls onto her lips…

Chambers: “... ME!”

Her music plays again while The Brod applauds wildly. The crowd boos this display and the scene shifts.

After the end of her match, Victoria Salinas walks down the hallway and she’s incredibly frustrated after being on the losing end of the six person tag team match. Victoria has never been one to handle losses well, but losing any match that involves Myra Lynwood on the other side makes it sting even more. Shaking her head, she walks into her locker room where Julia Rivera, her manager, is waiting.

Julia: Not the way you wanted it to go…

Victoria: You think? This isn’t exactly going to make things any better.

Julia: Vicky…

Victoria: Can I vent for a couple of minutes?

Julia: Sure…

Victoria: You really have no idea how much hell things have been over the last year or so…

Julia: Vicky… I know that Adrian and Myra have put a number on you but….

Victoria: No… you DON’T know! You don’t know unless you experience it yourself and I’m happy to have you back on board, don’t get me wrong about that, but we need to look at the big picture. One year ago, I retained the GCW World Championship at Resurrection against Isabella Harker and that was the match of my career! But ever since then? What’s happened? Adrian…

And THAT is WORSE with the fact that he apologized, all under this ruse he was doing of reforming into a “good guy”. Sure, in Montreal last August, I became an overall five time world champion when I won the title back from him and that’s great! But the fact is? What has happened to me? I wasn’t in the main event of Resurrection this year!

Hell, I wasn’t even in Civil War because I lost the right to be in it!

And now MYRA beats me at RESURRECTION? Myra has always had it in her because she’s one of the best damn wrestlers I’ve ever faced, but do you honestly think that lessons the sting even LESS? It DOESN’T! It makes it hurt even MORE! And I look up and down the roster… both rosters… I see Brooklyn as the world champ… I see Andrea and what she’s doing… I see Travis Vessey with the world title briefcase… Isabella Harker on the cusp of greatness… Myra being resurgent… young talent like Aubrianna Powers, Darian Andrews and so on and so forth… and I see the future of GCW right in front of my very eyes! They’re going up, I’m going down! I’m not sugar coating that!

Julia: Vicky…

Victoria: What do I have to fight for now, Julia? My pride? In two weeks, my own DIGNITY is on the line. Really… Father’s Day was great… happiest day I’ve had in a while. Awesome knowing I’m of Aztec blood… what am I supposed to do with that?

Julia: You’re worried that with nothing left to do in GCW anymore… there may not be any more room for you here.

Victoria: No… that’s not it… I…. *sigh*... you’re right. And that’s why I have to beat Myra in two weeks, not just to avoid being her slave, but for me to find out if I still have it in me to be a world champion again! I HAVE to win… there’s no doubt about it!

Julia: You WILL win. Right now… we need to learn more about your heritage. Perhaps it’ll be a guide of sorts of what you need to do going forward…

Victoria: Yeah… let’s do that…

Victoria sighs as she sits down in front of her locker.

Victoria: If it helps me win in two weeks…

Julia: It will, I promise…

Julia sits down next to Victoria, trying to do the best that she can to get through to her client. The conversation continues in private as the scene fades out.

MAIN EVENT
Brooklyn Smith, Darian Andrews and Nate Lawson vs. Chantelle Chambers and The McBrides (Karen and Sierra)

[The singles champions worked well together here but their opponents were not on the same page. This led to Brooklyn, Darian, and Nate dominating early. But dirty tactics from the McBrides allowed them to take over. Eventually Chantelle did end up in the ring with Brooklyn and they went toe to toe, head to head, in what appeared to be a genuine Resurrection rematch. Karen McBride made a blind tag in, which did not set well with Chantelle. Karen came in and wanted to be the one to defeat the world champion. But Brooklyn overcame her and dropped her with The Knight Cap. A cover…1…2…Chantelle isn’t even going to bother breaking it up, as she’s still miffed with Karen, Sierra tries to break it up but is intercepted by Nate…3!]
WINNERS: Brooklyn Smith, Darian Andrews, & Nate Lawson