Livewire 7.06

admin
Site Admin

Livewire 7.06

Post by admin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Livewire - March 31, 2018 (U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH)

('Sleeping Giants’ by Hyro Da Hero begins to play.)

Forget the cops, I hate the world, I hate the people in it,
Hate that ignorant mess you love hearing,

This that dose of reality you fearin’
Hope I’m buried yes but can you pass the test

Recycle thoughts recycle dreams we’re not satisfied
We chase after the same thing

We hold us back we’re fighting us
And when we scream we silence us.

So we all make a deal with the devil,
because negativity is perceived to be better,

We never…to resist …so it’s routine
so we pretend that we ..in our teams

and ..to live like .. open up your eye realize what you are on the inside

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

Let my words be the bullet heard throughout the chaos,
Let my message sink into your brain and never fade out.

The world spins and spins and never changes up,
We are people of pattern and I’ma shake it up

We just dance and laugh like what’s up, what’s up
Shut the f*ck up, get up your butt and do something

In war, start a war, fight the peace,lie to me,
stoprunnin around so silently

‘cause I’m gonna be what I was designed to be and
That’s the voice, a voice of youth, a voice of truth,

A voice for you , a real voice that AINT MOTHERF*CKING AUTO TUNED!!!

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

The GCW logo flashes upon the screen.

Ginger Nation vs. Karen & Melanie McBride
[Allison and Enigma did well early on with their superior speed and quickness but Karen and Melanie fought back and managed to isolate Enigma in their corner. Enigma eventually fought back and tagged out to Allison. Allison was striking quickly and suddenly but then Karen accidentally took out the referee. Allison hit the Ferocious Fate on Karen McBride while Melanie and Enigma brawled on the outside. A masked luchadora wearing the tigra mask hit the ring and connected with the Ferocious Fate on Allison! She exited and Karen crawled into the cover…1...2…3!]
WINNERS: Karen & Melanie McBride

(We cut backstage where we spot two familiar face; Aubrianna Powers and her oldest brother, Steve Powers. Aubrianna and Steve both seem ready for combat, but Steve is pacing the floor, for he has a Global Championship match tonight.)

Aubrianna: Ok, Steve, I’m about to go to the ring for my match. Are you going be fine here by yourself?

Steve: Yeah, sure, whatever…

(Aubrianna rolls her eyes.)

Aubrianna: Don’t give me that mess, bro. What’s up?

(He sighs and stops pacing long enough to face his sister.)

Steve: Look, it’s been over a decade since I held a world championship. Now I have the chance tonight to be champion again, if I can just get past Kendra.

Aubrianna: Yeah, then why aren’t you happy?

Steve: The pressure is on, sis. I need this, not just for my own ego but to prove to asshats like Derek that I can still go, that I am relevant.

(Aubrianna walks over and embraces him with a hug.)

Aubrianna: You don’t need to prove anything to Derek. Ignore him and focus on beating Kendra to become Global Champion.

(Aubrianna walks out.)

Livewire cuts to a pre-recorded interview scene and the first person that is seen is none other than Janice King.

Janice: So… this is quite an interesting interview that is about to take place and that’s because this interview is with none other than… Myra Lynwood....

The scene pans revealing Myra as she sits across from Janice completely amused.

Janice: You’re doing this knowing that Victoria doesn’t want me to talk to her, are you?

Myra: Something like that. Hey, any way I can spite her, I will definitely take that opportunity.

Janice: Right… so, you heard what she said about you on Shotgun, I assume?

Myra: I did…

Myra smirks showing that she’s not fazed by whatever Victoria had to say about her last week on Shotgun.

Janice: Do her words even bother you for one iota?

Myra shakes her head without saying a word.

Janice: After all, you have to consider the fact that she did say some scathing things about you, most notably the observation that you have a tendency to be complacent…

Myra: Complacent… yes, there’s a word that’s grinded my gears, hasn’t it?

Myra scowls for a bit before she makes her response.

Myra: The fact of the matter is that it wasn’t complacency. The fact that I even have to EXPLAIN THIS is ridiculous. This is coming from the same woman that had a CRISIS over not being in the GCW World Championship picture for as long as she was and who’s having a bit of a mini-meltdown in recent weeks since… well, what do we have here? Victoria Salinas currently NOT in a world title picture? What a FUCKING surprise… NOT…

Janice: What are you getting at, exactly?

Myra: Remember her “broken Vicky” phase? She was shoehorned into the tag team title division at the time and she was making such a melodramatic deal about it. She wasn’t complacent, nor did she claim that she was. She was going through some shit luck at the time but nobody accuses HER of complacency!

Janice: That’s because she wasn’t. I mean, you know she’s extremely determined to be a world champion competitor.

Myra: No… she wasn’t complacent… and neither was I when I went through my hard times. It’s a natural ebb and flow of professional wrestling. Shit happens. Lord knows that 2017 was far and away my worst year since I returned to this business three years ago. Was that because of complacency? No it was not! During that time in my career, yes, I was injured quite a bit. But during that time, I was also mentoring Jazmyn, I was also a tag team champion with her and I started from the bottom after I moved past my injury problems and I was NEVER complacent about it. I never gave up on myself over not being in a world title picture. So she goes through bad luck and she gets sympathy, but I go through bad luck and it’s… “complacency”...

Whatever!

Vicky needs to be grateful for her career for once because she’s had it so much better than most people in her position could ever dream of. She’s going into the Hall of Fame this year, but she’s not talking about that very much is she? No, because she wants to feel sorry for herself and leave GCW just because she wasn’t getting what she wanted at the time. Hell, I’m surprised she hasn’t gone back to the “broken Vicky” crap after the news broke out about my old rival dying in the Alps in December…

Janice: To be fair, the fact that she was a rotten person was probably one of the few things that you and Victoria can agree on.

Myra: True…

Myra has a laugh to herself.

Myra: And what’s this about me not challenging her? Seriously…

Janice: She DOES have a good point there… again…

Myra shoots Janice a glare, clearly not amused by Janice agreeing with Victoria on basically anything.

Janice: I’m just trying to be impartial here…

Myra: Yes, because Victoria and I have been on the same brand in GCW in… well… ever! I’m not even going to touch that one because seriously, she could have made that same challenge a long time ago. ALSO… who challenged who first? Oh wait… that was ME was it not? Bloody hell, Victoria seems to LOVE to spin her own narrative doesn’t it? And to be honest, this back and forth “he said, she said” crap is getting annoying. What, are we going to pre-record or appear via satellite and exchange words? That would be disappointedly BORING to be honest. I don’t want to do that! It’s stupid. So, next Shotgun I am going to take the fight right to her and tell her exactly how I think right to her face because there’s no question that she and her precious mentor were two of the most vile creatures that I’ve ever met in this business.

Janice nods but doesn’t say a thing, obviously feeling some slight discomfort knowing that Myra isn’t pleased with her “defending” Victoria

Myra: Like… I don’t know why she ever had to be a professional wrestler at all…

Janice: The thing that sticks with me as far as her words was her admission that she looked up to you when she first broke into the mainstream wrestling business. How does that make you feel?

Myra: I don’t care for that…

Myra shrugs.

Myra: I never cared for being a role model to ANYONE when I wanted to become a professional wrestler and I don’t see why I would then, or why I would now. She’s stupid for looking up to me when she first broke into the mainstream scene. Then again, I kind of can’t blame her for looking up to someone. Not like she could have ever looked up to her whore of a “I gave birth to her at 16 when I should have gotten an abortion” instead mother of hers…

Janice: I’m… I’m sorry… I need to go.

Myra: WHAT?

Janice stands up, understandably looking uncomfortable after the words Myra just spoke.

Janice: Don’t you think that was way too far?

Myra: No…

Janice sighs and rolls her eyes before abruptly walking out of the sit-down interview. Myra rolls her eyes, clearly not amused by this, as the scene abruptly fades.

Backstage, we find Dexter Russel preparing for his next interview. Judging from the look on his face, he doesn't seem happy at his next interviewee.

Dexter: Joining me at this time... *sigh*... Derek Powers.

Derek walks up to Dexter and puts a 'friendly' arm around Dexter. Dexter looks extremely uncomfortable at this.

Derek: Dex... pal... buddy... chum... amigo... you don't seem too happy to see me! I don't know why... I mean, we're practically family, or close to it! Granted, I've said the same exact things to the dozens of my slut sisters previous boyfriends... but hey, we both know you're a different sort!

Dexter: *Trying to control his temper* Could... could we just move on to the questions, please?

Derek: Eh, sure, why not? In fact, I bet I know the first thing you're going to ask me! You're going to ask just how badly I plan on whipping Travis Vesseys ass tonight, correct?

Dexter: I...

Derek: Well, let me tell you what I'm going to do! I'm going to beat him, bloody him, drag his carcass around the ring and then, when I feel like it, drop him with the Absolute Perfect Finisher! Travis Vessey has never met a man, nay a force, nay a Demi-God like yours truly! His previous battles? Childs play! Newsflash! I'm no child, I'm a grown-ass man! And a man like me, you know what we do to little boys when they're bad?

Dexter goes to answer, but Derek interrupts.

Derek: Simple, we beat their asses raw until they learn their lesson! Travis Vessey, you are that little boy... and you must be punished for the sheer, utter stupidity in thinking you belong in the ring with me, and it will be my pleasure to give you the thrashing that you so richly deserve! However, in my kindness, I shall leave just enough of you, that you can participate at Resurrection... okay, that's a bold-faced lie, but hey, it's the thought that counts!

Dexter: Alright. My next question concerns...

Derek: I know what you're going to say, Dexter, and let me stop you there. Yes... the rumors are true.

Dexter: Rumors?

Derek: Yeah, the rumors... you know, about Aubrianna? It's true, Dexter... Aubrianna HAS contracted pretty much every form of STD at one point or another in her life! Hope you're wrapped so you don't get clapped, Dex! You know how they say 'sharing is caring'? In this case...

Dexter: SHUT UP!!!

Derek raises an eyebrow.

Dexter: You stand there, and disparage the woman I love, over and over... and for what? Because you're jealous of her? Of your brother, Steve?

Derek frowns.

Dexter: You're pathetic...whining and crying because you've never achieved any success for yourself, while your siblings have done more than you ever will! You know what? I hope Steve Powers beats the ever lovin' Hell out of you, you... you... piece of shit!

Dexter breathes heavily, having let all that anger out. Derek simply stares at him, an expressionless look on his face.

Derek: ... You done?

Dexter: ...

Derek: You know, I COULD beat the living piss out of you right now. It would be SO easy... but I'm not going to do that... not yet. Because you're on point about one thing... Steve and I do have a date with destiny. Two brothers, set to do battle... in a war so bloody and so damn brutal even the most hardened will have to avert their eyes. I said this before, and I'll say it again... I will not rest until I rid GCW of Steve Powers. I will hunt him down, hour by hour, day by day, until either he or I are gone. That is the only way it can be.

Derek looks into the camera, a hard look on his face.

Derek: Steve, I'm going to hurt you. This is no joke... and I hope you watch what I do to Vessey. Because when I smash his face in, I'm going to pretend it's yours. When I break his bones, it's yours I'll pretend I'm breaking. When I hear his screams, it's yours I'll be hearing. You, me, this has to come to a conclusion, one way or another... and I will tell you now, if you don't accept my challenge, I will turn my attention from you and I will unleash my wrath on 'sister dearest'. Fuck her Monarchy idiot pals, nothing would stop me from breaking her damn neck... only you can, though. Make your choice soon, Steve... because I'm getting tired of waiting.

Derek glares at Dexter for a moment, before making his exit. Dexter watches him leave, a mix of anger and relief on his face.

Aubrianna Powers & Myra Lynwood vs. Richard Dix & Crystal Swift
[Obviously, this match wasn’t even close. Aubrianna and Crystal were the two that started it and an offer of “weed” from Crystal was met with a slap to the face and a belly to belly suplex from Aubrianna who easily overpowered her. Aubrianna would dominate Crystal until Dix came into the ring and tried to play a game of grab ass with Aubrianna but he got nailed in the head for his troubles with a roundhouse kick. Aubrianna planted Crystal with a powerslam and the force was enough to send Aubrianna staggering toward her corner leading to Myra blind tagging herself in. Myra saw Dix getting up and she too gave him a roundhouse kick to the head to knock him out of the match for good. As for Swift well… it didn’t go great for her at all. Myra took great pleasure torturing her with submissions and then she knocked her right back down to the mat with a chick kick. Myra definitely seemed bored and she applied the Relentless Torture on Crystal. The Liontamer was synched in with no recourse for Crystal to escape. Dix got up and tried to make the save, but he got roundhouse kicked in the head again, this time by Aubrianna as Crystal ultimately tapped out.]

WINNERS: Aubrianna Powers & Myra Lynwood.

[Myra kept the hold locked on before the referee got in and began to warn her and it was at that point that Myra broke the hold. She rolled out of the ring and left acting like it was another day in the office, but Aubrianna stood above the Sex Nachos taunting and gloating and acting like she was the one that did all the work when it was plain as day to the audience that they both put in equal effort. The announce team bemoaned Aubrianna’s arrogance, but clearly, she didn’t care as she continued to run up the score with her constant taunting of the Sex Nachos.]

(We cut backstage where we find James R. Knight in front of the camera.)

JRK: Skuld! Guilt! You can feel it, can’t you? The wind of salvation. The strike of the sword of righteous redemption for the ones who have sinned. You see, we all come to a point in our lives where we stand at the gates of truth. Some people choose to push them open and others, well … don’t. But behind those gates lie the kingdom of eternal glory. There is hope for you sister Skuld! But the question is, will you do the right thing and repent, or will you stand and fall by the sword? The dragons have their claws in you, sister Skuld. The dragons are corrupting you and they are corrupting all of GCW. Those bloodthirsty beasts are laying this entire world to waste. The earth is burning. Scorched by the flame of scarlet dragonfire. We dance along in the embers in a state of total trance. We are blinded by the winged creatures’ witchcraft. We are too blind to see. Too blind to see what is happening and I will not stand for it. The time has come to repent, sister Skuld! To rid your body of the demons we call dragons. To liberate your soul. Repent! By the sword you shall be set free. You will be saved, sister Skuld. When the dragon lies bleeding.

(The scene shifts.)

(We cut backstage to show Jessica Jones. A nasty smirk is etched across her face.)

Jessica: We’ve been down this road many times, Summer. It really and truly is beginning to get old. We’re allies, then enemies, allies, and then enemies, and this nasty, vicious cycle keeps going and going and going.

(She points a finger at the camera.)

Jessica: It’s all on you, Summer. You’re the one who keeps betraying me. Now I get to be the one who ends you and I will end you not tonight but at Resurrection. Francis Taylor signed your death warrant when she put is against each other at Resurrection. But tonight you have a reprieve. Tonight you have The Sloane Sisters.

(She chuckles.)

Jessica: Sloanes…Amber and Whitney…tonight you are guilty by association. Tonight, I punish you just as I punish Summer Newman. Dobranoc…

(The scene shifts.)

Livewire fades to the hallway where Jazmyn Rain is seen walking. The crowd greatly cheers her appearance and her look reflects her mood for the moment as she’s dressed quite nicely. The Charlotte native and the current number one contender for the GCW Global Championship is dressed in a Carolina blue covered top accented by a black denim coat and skirt combined with a pair of ankle-high lace up boots. She’s feeling quite confident in herself as she walks into the catering area, but her eyes widen with surprise at the sight of a familiar face.

Jazmyn: Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind seeing you but… um… what are you doing here?

The scene pans revealing Victoria Salinas who draws an equally loud cheer from the fans. Victoria looks at Jazmyn as the two approach each other.

Victoria: Did you listen to that sit down interview Myra had earlier?

Jazmyn: Yeah…

Jazmyn winces a bit.

Jazmyn: She really has it out for you, doesn’t she?

Victoria: That’s an understatement, but yes. She wanted to come to Shotgun to meet me face to face but… the joke’s on her. I beat her to the punch and that’s why I came HERE. Don’t worry about security, Francis did invite me after we talked about me coming by here to confront Myra. She doesn’t mind. But… enough about me. How are you? Is the arm doing better?

Jazmyn: Yeah, it is. Though, I don’t want to talk about it much…

Victoria: Oh… right. You and Derek got into this big fight over your clearance.

Jazmyn sighs and her eyes well up with tears, though none stream down her face.

Victoria: I’m sorry…

Jazmyn: I hate it when Derek and I fight! I always worry that he’s going to break up with me! Ugh… sorry, I didn’t mean to detract from the conversation but… yeah, at least by next Livewire I’ll be good to go!

Victoria: That’s good Jazmyn… no… that’s great! But of course, with that being said, you can bet that Kendra Classic is going to be all over it in the weeks to come.

Jazmyn: Yeah… I’m… aware.

Victoria: Still… uh… your recovery is important.

Jazmyn’s eyes narrow with some concern, which draws Victoria’s curiosity.

Victoria: Is something wrong?

Jazmyn: I don’t know Vicky… I have a feeling that there’s something you want to tell me but you can’t find the words for it…

Victoria: Oh. Right. Well, you know me, I am not going to sugarcoat it. Francis and I had a conversation earlier and I told her that I wanted a match on Livewire in two weeks so I can get a match on “Myra’s turf”, you know what I mean? Francis granted me that match by way of me challenging anyone I want for a one on one two weeks from now. Now, here’s the part where it gets interesting. I want that challenge, and that match on Livewire, to be against… YOU!

Jazmyn’s eyes widen with shock.

Jazmyn: Wait, seriously? You want… you want to face me in a match next Livewire? I don’t understand…

Victoria looks a bit conflicted before she sighs and responds.

Victoria: I need this, Jaz…

Jazmyn: What is this, Vicky? I know that you haven’t been in the happiest of moods lately because of all the crap you’ve dealt with because of Adrian Waters but…

Jazmyn pauses to gasp for a bit.

Jazmyn: ...it’s because Myra trained me isn’t it?

Victoria: What?

Jazmyn: You figure I’m a ‘stepping stone’, right?

Victoria: No no… it’s not like that at all! Jaz, you know me better than that. It’s for a purpose far more noble than that. I need this because I need to have fun again. I want a match where I don’t have to stress about the bullshit I’ve had to deal with lately. I’ve realized that if I stay in this broody mood that I’ve been in because of Adrian and his fat-shaming bullshit, then Myra’s going to blow me out of the water at Resurrection. I HAVE to get back to basics by Resurrection, and as soon as possible at that, if I want to beat her. And to be honest, there is nobody on Livewire that can give me what I need, more than you!

Jazmyn: Vicky…

Jazmyn’s eyes glisten with concern.

Victoria: Jazmyn, I need you to do this for me. I know that win or lose, I’ll be able to refocus on what matters the most in this business, get back to basics and be at my best for Resurrection when I face Myra.

Jazmyn looks a bit conflicted.

Jazmyn: I… I… I don’t know. You’re one of my best friends and… gosh, you’ve done so much for me!

Victoria: Jazmyn, you know that a Global or World champion takes on all comers. Yes, we’re friends, but please put that to the side. I’m challenging you to a match in two weeks and I want this match more than I can describe in words. Plus, I am going to be blunt here. You’re not beating Kendra Classic at Resurrection hesitation like you are right now. What do you say? You and me in two weeks! You’ll get tougher for Kendra, and I’ll get back to basics for Myra. Regardless of who wins, we BOTH help each other here! I guess I… need you to be my guardian angel right now…

Jazmyn sighs, letting loose the tension she is surely feeling on her shoulders, before she nods her head.

Jazmyn: Okay…

The crowd loudly cheers this.

Jazmyn: I accept your challenge. You and I, one on one, Livewire, two weeks.

Victoria: Thank you so much Jazmyn, for doing this for me. It means so much more to me than you realize. I’d love to stay and chat but… I need to find Myra and give HER a piece of my mind.

Victoria turns and heads the other direction toward the parking lot area. Jazmyn, meanwhile, remains in the catering area with a look of slight regret on her face.

Jazmyn: She’s done so much for me. I had to return the favor. Still… being in the ring with one of my best friends in two weeks is going to be so hard!!!

Jazmyn sighs and looks down on the floor, reflecting on what just happened and what’s ahead as the scene fades.

James R. Knight vs. Skuld
[James R. Knight dominates most of the match, for it seemed as if Skuld’s mind was elsewhere. Knight picked up the win following a Knight In Shining Armor.]
WINNER: James R. Knight

[After the match James blasts Skuld with his kendo stick repeatedly, bludgeoning her. Karen and Melanie McBride hit the ring but make no moves to save her. James continues the assault before leaving her in the center of the ring. He gets a microphone.]

JRK: Let this be a warning! Isabella Harker. At Resurrection, your title reign will come to an end at the hands of the mighty Dragonslayer. The International title will be cleansed by the graze of the sword. Rid of the putrid stench of filthy dragon blood. One by one, the beasts will fall. And one by one, I will capture their trophies.

[James Knight makes his exit, not letting his eyes leave Karen and Melanie who remain at ringside. Then the McBride siblings step into the ring. Karen dropped Skuld with McBride’s Ride and Melanie drilled Skuld with Evolution. Then they dragged Skuld to the backstage area.]

[A camera cuts backstage to Travis Vessey, standing in front of a blueprint. The crowd roars as Travis looks on.]

Travis: There's a lot of wrestling families in this business. Families who are responsible for elevating this business and producing some of the best wrestlers to have ever step foot inside the ring. You got the Streets, the Chases, the Mallorys, the Joneses, the Braddocks. And then...i you look right at the bottom of that list, if you squint your eyes, that's where you'll find the Powers at.

[Travis looks on.]

Travis: The biggest paradies of pro wrestlers in this business belongs to the Powers. All three of them, Steve, Derek, even you Aubrey, walk around here with this inflated sense of entitlement. This idea, this thought that you guys are the top dogs around here. And that couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, we know what you've done, we know what you think about yourselves, but the thing that none of you realize is how little do people respect you guys.

[Travis pauses.]

Travis: Respect is everything. It's how people take you seriously. It's how people know you're a man of your word. It's how people know what you're about. And what you guys are all about is taking whatever shortcut possible to appear relevant. Now, I'm not like some of the other people in the back that'll nitpick you for bending the rules. After all, it's necessary at times. By all means, by any means necessary, I will do whatever it takes for me to produce the results that I want to see. A few months ago, Derek, you and your brother tried to take out my best friend's wife. Jumped her because you thought you could. That didn't set right with me. That still doesn't sit right with me. You guys walk around this company, around these hallways like you run the place when in reality, you're the one that's not living in reality. A part of me feels as if it's disillusion. Another part of me thinks you know that's true.

[Travis turns and looks at the blueprint.]

Travis: And I can't think of a better person to put you in your place once and for all than yours truly. I mean, it's what the fans want but most importantly, it's what I want. It's what needs to happen. It's what I need in order to keep moving on to Resurrection, until I get to Global X. The past moth I've stripped everything down and gotten back to basics and I've been winning. Slowly, but surely, it's coming back. My hunger my aggression, it's all coming back. Derek, it could be Steve or it could be Aubrey and you still would'n have a chance. And tonight, the blueprint that I've drawn up for this match features me breaking down every facade, every dillusion, every bit of your ego and your pride.

[Travis turns back to the camera.]

Travis: Because I'm the top dog. I'm the guy. I'm still the guy. And I'm back to doing what I did best. Tonight, Derek, I'm going to fucking tear you apart. And when you're lying in that ring, defeated and my hand is raised and everyone in this arena is on their feet,c cheering me on, you'll know it was me that put you down. You'll finally know your place. Courtesy of the Architect of Your Destruction, Travis. Vessey.

[The crowd cheers as Travis eyes the camera before walking away.]

(We cut backstage to find GCW Hall of Fame reporter and, yet, controversial reporter Janice King standing next to Aubrianna Powers.)

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Janice King and with me at this time is none other than “Simply The Best”, “The Very Best”, “The Absolute Best”, and quite simply “The Sexiest of them All”, Aubrianna Powers!

(Powers is beaming from ear to ear.)

Aubrianna: Thanks for that warm introduction, Janice!

Janice: Tonight you and Myra Lynwood defeated The Sex Nachos. So congratulations on that big win.

Aubrianna: It was hardly a big win. I mean, between a legend like Myra and a legend in the making like myself, was there any doubt we’d defeat those two poster children for mandatory drug testing? The better athletes won. Plain and simple.

Janice: I was also informed that you have an announcement to make tonight?

(Powers nods her head.)

Aubrianna: That’s right. I am hereby declaring my entry into the Global X Destiny Match at Resurrection. I already have a favor promised to me by Francis Taylor, getting a world title shot, a global title shot, or an undercard title shot, any of the above would just be an insurance policy. You have to think things through. You have to have a backup plan or an insurance policy at least. Global X is going to be my insurance policy, Janice.

Janice: But what if you get the Destiny Briefcase?

(Powers smirks.)

Aubrianna: Well I get to control some poor sap’s destiny then, huh?

(Powers walks off.)

Livewire cuts to a special vignette package as the opening chords to “What I’ve Overcome” by Fireflight hit. The first clips consist of Jazmyn Rain signing her contract with GCW and fighting her debut match which ended with an intentional disqualification due to the use of a steel chair. Jazmyn herself speaks through a voice over…

Jazmyn (voice over): It was three years ago… gosh time flies doesn’t it? I signed with Global Championship Wrestling marking the culmination of my two year journey to return to professional wrestling after I fought my old demons from my personal past. I admit, I obviously wasn’t anywhere close to what I would eventually become, but the fact that I was able to make it back to professional wrestling at all meant so much to me. Unfortunately, I would have a rude “welcome back” awakening when my cowardly opponent decided to strike me with a steel chair from behind…

As the song continues, the next few clips show Jazmyn getting her revenge on her debut opponent by beating him in a fatal four way match to become the number one contender to the GCW International Championship, her battles with Ginger Nation lead by then-champion Jenni Anderson and some early signs of psychological troubles as she would have a hard time keeping her emotions and her temper in check…

Jazmyn (voice over): But… I WOULD get my revenge on him for that and he was never seen in GCW again. Remember when I began dealing with Jenni Anderson and Ginger Nation? They weren’t just anyone. This was a faction at their very peak with Jenni as the International Champion at the time, the tag team titles firmly in their grasp and with Marie Jones being the GCW Global Champion! But, not only was I battling Ginger Nation, I was battling my old demons also…

The next few clips show Jazmyn having some “episodes” including spilling hot coffee on someone innocent that was hitting on her and mugging El Perro and assaulting him in a bathroom for no reason other than being completely flustered and frustrated. The clips also consist of Jenni and the rest of Ginger Nation getting the best of her again and again.

Jazmyn (voice over): My confidence was surely tested! My “issues” weren’t making me the most popular member of the locker room at the time. Jenni really pushed my buttons and battling her for that International Championship was a tall order. So many people didn’t think that I was capable of doing so, especially considering that at that point in my GCW career, I wasn’t back in professional wrestling very long. Yet… inside of me… the first signs of something else were brewing and at the time I didn’t know it. This something inside of me… was the Guardian Angel…

The next collection of clips show her fighting back against Jenni Anderson.

Jazmyn (voice over): Despite the odds, I felt like I could do it! I felt that after the way she and Ginger Nation had terrorized the International Championship, that I would be the one to finally end their reign of terror and bring honor and dignity back to the title they had branded as the “Gingernational Championship”. I never gave up! Despite all the shit that they put me through… I NEVER… GAVE…. UP!!!! Sounds familiar doesn’t it? Well… the clip you’re about to see...that should be as well…

The last clip shows Jazmyn pinning Jenni Anderson to win her first championship since returning to professional wrestling: the GCW International Championship, which draws a pop from the crowd. The footage then cuts to Jazmyn in a present day setting inside the promo studio.

Jazmyn: Despite all of the odds, despite the numbers, despite my psychological demons… despite all of my doubts… I beat Jenni Anderson, at the time considered a near-unbeatable International Champion, to win my first championship in GCW and become a singles champion for the first time since April 2012. When I made that happen, that’s when I began to feel like I could be GCW Global Champion someday. But all I was focused on at the time was the title I had just won! Still, I wouldn’t be the wrestler I am today if it wasn’t for that war with Jenni and Ginger Nation!

The odds aren’t in my favor at Resurrection against Kendra Classic considering the pure rules stipulation is right up her ally… but is that going to stop me?

NO!

Because as you all know, the challenges got tougher for me and the demons got stronger until I finally slayed them! I met harder obstacles along the way and overcame them!

Kendra… you may have beaten me at Civil War… you may have taken advantage of a mistake that I made in getting that match restarted… but you didn’t break me! If Myra couldn’t put me away, I know YOU won’t either! I’m NOT done!!!

Not until I realize my dream of walking out of Resurrection as GCW Global Champion…

The fans greatly cheer the former two-time GCW Global Champion as a look of pure determination appears on her face. She maintains that look as the pre-recorded vignette fades out.

Derek Powers vs. Travis Vessey
[This was a hard hitting, back and forth match, between two heavy hitters who want to take the next step up. At one point in the match Derek hit The Very Best Finishing Move as a mockery of his brother Steve. But Travis kicks out. Derek set up The Absolute Perfect Finisher but Travis countered with a belly to back suplex. Travis and Derek continued to go back and forth until Travis managed to drill him with The Vessey Driver but Derek rolls out of the ring in pain and to avoid a pin. Vessey goes out after him but Derek blasts him with a ring bell, bringing about a disqualification!]
WINNER: Travis Vessey

[Derek reaches underneath the ring and produces a shard of broken glass. He motions that he’s going to try and gouge out Travis’s eyes just like he did to Steve Powers. The crowd then comes alive as Steve Powers and Aubrianna Powers hit the ring. Steve spears Derek to the ground and the two brawl. Aubrianna checks on Travis Vessey. Derek eventually kicks Steve away and then runs off through the crowd.]

(We cut backstage to the backstage area where we spot Summer Newman standing by with Dexter Russell.)

Dexter: My guest at this time is Summer Newman. Summer, it was announced two weeks ago that you would go head to head with Jessica Jones at Resurrection. You two have quite a storied history together. How did it come to this?

Summer: Because Jessica is selfish.

Dexter: Selfish?

Summer: Yes. She is selfish. I am her friend, her only true friend. Or at least I was. People like her don’t get friends, Dexter. People like her with two mentally unbalanced families are too insane, too crazy to have friends. But I was her friend. Do you know what else people like Jessica are?

(Dexter shrugs his shoulders.)

Summer: People like Jessica lack the mental stability to take care of themselves. They need people like me to rule over them. Jessica needs me to tell her what to do. I tried to give her that, Dexter, but what did she do? She threw that in my face. Since Jessica does not want my guidance, and since people like her cannot be allowed to try and govern themselves, then I’ll do the next most merciful thing.

(She smirks nastily.)

Summer: Just like a rabid dog, I will take her out back, and put her down once and for all at Resurrection.

(She walks off.)

Livewire fades in on Myra Lynwood as she walks down the hallway, heading out of the arena and into the parking lot as she doesn’t appear to be all too impressed with her tag team victory earlier tonight though one can’t exactly blame her considering it was the Sex Nachos. Still, Myra is feeling good about herself knowing that she keeps racking up the victories ever since the turn of the new year. But, she ends up for a rude awakening once she gets to the parking lot as she has an angry Victoria Salinas standing right in front of her.

Myra: What the hell are you doing here?

Victoria: Funny…. You were talking about how you were going to Shotgun and tell me how you felt about me right to my face and all… but why wait another week? Why shouldn’t I come to Livewire and just get it over with?

Myra’s eyes narrow with anger.

Myra: Seriously?

Myra has a scowl on her face which draws a sneer from Victoria as she folds her arms.

Myra: You’re going to upstage me and beat me to the punch. Like mentor, like protege… figures!

Victoria: I don’t understand something Myra… being dead serious now…

Myra: You mean like your mentor?

Myra busts out laughing.

Victoria: You don’t have any tact for anything do you? What? Are you going to dance on her grave too?

Myra: If I have to, to get inside your head! Hey, at least I’m being honest.

Victoria: Can you be serious for ONE moment?

Myra: Okay, FINE! You said you didn’t understand something so spit it out! I don’t have time for your shit, Vicky! I’m not exactly thrilled that this conversation is happening on your terms and not mine.

Victoria: Why is it that you can’t get it in your fucking head that I am NOT HER? You don’t see me going out there acting like I’m hot shit while I’m trying so hard to break into Hollywood.

Myra: Not ANYMORE… but you WERE like that… it’s called “vainglorious”, remember?

Victoria: What? Are you going to harp on that too?

Myra: No, I just thought I’d point it out. But go ahead… continue…

Victoria: Look, I know I’ve done some wrong, but the wrongs that I’ve committed are NOTHING in comparison to hers… and yet, for some reason, you think I’m just as evil as she was. I don’t understand why you can’t separate us and I think that’s been THE issue. The moment she took me under my wing, you saw me as evil all over this rivalry the two of you had. I didn’t ask to be in the middle of that. And some of the shit you said in your interview earlier… this HATE you have…

Victoria sighs and shakes her head.

Victoria: The Myra that I knew from my rookie year was so much better than this.

Myra: Save me the speech…

Victoria: NO, you NEED to hear this from me!

Myra: WHY? What does this do for me, Vicky? Are you going to try to brainwash me with your fucking bullshit? I’m not going to play your game. I know how this goes. You’re going to talk about how I didn’t need to be this way back then because the Rebellious Vixen was the best women’s wrestler of the world at that time, right?

Victoria is frozen solid knowing that Myra is right on the money.

Myra: Figures! And then you’re going to lecture me about how you saw me as a class act when you first broke in and all that crap. Sorry Vicky, but that part of my career is over. It’s different now.

Victoria: Different? It’s NOT different!

Myra: Yeah it is!

Victoria: Myra, you don’t understand…

Myra: I DON’T UNDERSTAND? I’ve CHANGED, Vicky! Don’t you get it?

Victoria: No, YOU don’t get it! I wasn’t talking about you as a person. I’m talking about you as a professional wrestler.

Myra: Really? How would you know?

Victoria: I saw that match you had against Brittany…

Myra raises her eyebrows.

Victoria: It was a well-fought match, Myra. You didn’t pull any shenanigans to win that match and you were as confident as I’ve ever seen you. THAT is the Myra Lynwood that I remember! That was the Myra that was one of the finest women’s wrestlers in the world, of her entire generation.

Victoria has a smile on her face.

Victoria: That was the same Myra Lynwood that I won my very first World Championship from.

Victoria winks at Myra, triggering her as its revealed that the compliments had a touch of shade and backhanded to them

Myra: YOU BITCH!!!!

Myra springs into action and pummels Victoria in the jaw with a running forearm knocking her down. She pounces on her as she’s down on the concrete, but obviously, Victoria is more than capable of fighting back and that’s exactly what she does as she is able to break away and stand and suddenly, an all out brawl between the two breaks out. This continues for a couple of minutes until security comes in to break them up.

Victoria: SO EASILY TRIGGERED, AREN’T YOU?

Myra: I HATE YOU!!!!!

Myra struggles to break free from security as Victoria gets escorted away. Myra is seething as she can only watch, cuing the scene to fade out.

Brittany Kayl vs. Jenni Anderson
[This is a classic, back and forth, technical marvel from start to finish. The match ends with Jenni rolling her up in a school boy, hooking the tights for extra leverage, and gaining the victory, much to the chagrin of Brittany and the fans.]
WINNER: Jenni Anderson

(We cut backstage to the office of Livewire General Manager Francis Taylor. She is doing paperwork when Allison Lorraine comes barging into the office, looking rather pissed off.)

Allison: What the hell, Francis?! Where the hell is your half-wit of a security team?!

Francis: Hello to you too, Allison. How may I help you?

(Allison storms up to her desk.)

Allison: I think you know damn well how you can “help” me! I was attacked out there by a bitch wearing MY Tigra mask! She cost me and Enigma our tag match tonight! But costing me a match, even attacking me, that’s not the part that really pisses me off…

Francis: You’re upset that someone stole your mask and has, apparently, taken on an identity that you claim is yours?

Allison: IT IS MINE!

(Francis shrugs her shoulders.)

Francis: That remains to be seen. Possession IS nine-tenths of the law, you see. And the way I see it, she has possession of it.

Allison: That does not make her Tigra! I AM TIGRA!

Francis: Then why don’t you prove it to her yourself?

(Lorraine is left jaw open wide in shock.)

Allison: That’s not possible! She doesn’t work here!

Francis: Oh but she does, Allison. How else could she have been allowed in this building? My brother would have stopped her otherwise. So yes, she does work here, I signed her a few weeks ago. I thought it would bring about good ratings.

Allison: Ratings?! That mask is a part of my culture, it’s a part of who the hell I am! And you’re thinking about ratings?

Francis: Yes. A match between the original Tigra and the new Tigra would indeed be best for business.

Allison: Fine…I’ll give you the ratings you want, book the match for next Livewire. But I’m not doing it for business. It’s personal for me because I want to kick her ass!

(Allison storms off.)

As Livewire returns to the ring, the crowd is booing and belting out unflattering chants at the man standing in the center of the ring. That man is the manager of The Sloane Sisters...Kellen Jeffries. Jeffries is in a three piece suit, wearing a Rolex, and grinning his arrogant grin. Behind him stand Whitney and Amber Sloane, dressed for their upcoming match. They are cheering Kellen on as well as yelling at the audience. Kellen only chuckles as he begins to speak.

Kellen: "People have asked me several times over the past few months 'Why are you returning to wrestling Kellen? You are a made man. Why did you choose to be a manager?' Well, I'll tell you.

It's obvious that I'm one of the best wrestlers to ever step foot inside the squared circle. I've proven that time and time again and frankly, I don't feel the need to do it any longer. I do love wrestling, though, so when I met these two lovely ladies and saw their talents in the ring, I knew I could guide them to greatness.

Crowd: "SLOANE SLUTS! SLOANE SLUTS! SLOANE SLUTS!"

Jeffries sneers in disgust at the chant making it's way around the arena.

Kellen: "Shut your damned mouths! My feelings about the sisters professionally are independent of how I feel personally about Amber. I had decided to take them on as a manager well before Amber and I started dating, so don't even go there with your childish chants. You're all lucky I'm in a good mood tonight."

Crowd: "AS IF! AS IF! AS IF!"

Kellen: "I do have another goal, a goal that made even more sense for me to align myself with Amber and Whitney. You see, I saw the way Timothy Myers and his then girlfriend Olivia treated Whitney and Amber when they first entered GCW. It was deplorable, and you classless morons cheered them on! Myers...and by extension, his wife...think they are above reproach and they can do or say whatever the fuck they want without consequence because you morons allow it! You boo these two beautiful girls who hold no ill will towards anyone and you cheer bullies like the Myers!"

Jeffries shakes his head.

Kellen: "So my goal is simple...to rid GCW and all of professional wrestling of Timothy and Olivia Myers! Those two chased me out of GCW once...and one time was one time too many! You people can open your fat mouths and call me all the names you want, but you will see when they are gone, that you are much better without them! You are welcome! Now, get Mrs. Newman and our pathetic opponents out here!"

Six Person Tag
Timothy Myers, Olivia, Jessica Jones-Lasiewicz vs. Summer Newman, The Sloane Sisters

As the introductions were made, Tim and Kellen engaged in a staredown, while Olivia tried to keep him at bay. Olivia also did her best to keep Jessica Jones from attacking Summer before the match even begun.

As the bell rung, Jones stepped to the middle of the ring for her team and challenged Newman to join her. Summer begged off, however, and Whitney started out instead. Jones made Sloane suffer as a result, largely dominating before tagging in Timothy, who continued the assault. The first pinfall attempt came after Myers performed a powerslam, but Whitney kicked out. Myers tagged in his wife, but Whitney was able to tag in Summer and the two squared off.

Olivia and Newman proved to be fairly evenly matched up, trading moves until Summer missed on a dropkick from the middle turnbuckle, allowing Myers to tag Jessica back in. Jones immediately mounted Summer and started raining down fists until the referee physically restrained her, threatening disqualification. Summer wisely used this time to make a tag to Amber. Amber approached Jones cautiously and when Jones pounced, Amber got her with a poke of the eye. The team of Amber, Whitney, and Summer took control from here and kept that control for the next several minutes. Jones and Newman wound up together in the ring again and Jessica reversed a throw off the ropes and took Summer down with a chokeslam. Jones kept the choke until the referee's count, then she tagged in Timothy.

Both Sloanes rushed Myers, who took them down with a double clothesline. Tim turned to Summer, who kneed him in the crotch, drawing Jessica back into the ring to brawl with Summer. Meanwhile, Amber and Whitney started a double-team on Myers, causing Olivia to get involved...except Kellen, seeing the referee distracted by the sisters, jumped up on the apron, bashing Olivia in the side of the head with brass knuckles, busting her open and causing her to fall hard to the floor. Jeffries then started to drag the unconscious Olivia up the aisle, which Whitney was more than happy to point out to Timothy. Tim immediately rushed up the aisle towards Kellen and Olivia, and the two men started to slug it out. This left Jones in the ring with Summer and the Sloane Sisters. The sisters drilled Jessica with Air Bel-Air before tagging in Summer, who finished her with Stock Market Crash. Summer made the cover on Jones and got the 3 count.

Winners: Summer Newman, The Sloane Sisters

After the bell, Newman retrieved a steel chair and returned to the ring but Jessica was already back up to her feet. Summer swung the chair at Jessica's head, but Jones ducked it before kipping up and spearing Summer to the canvas. Summer quickly rolled out of the ring, but Jessica made chase as Summer fled through the crowd. Across the way, Tim was getting the better of Kellen, until Amber came up behind Tim, cracking him in the back of the head with her purse, which we can only assume was loaded, based on how Myers dropped to his hands and knees on the floor. Kellen and the Sloane Sisters stood over the fallen forms of the Myers, celebrating as the crowd booed them and the scene fades.

Livewire cuts to a pre-recorded video that takes place in the living room of GCW North American Champion Andrea Hernandez. She’s in a pretty good mood even in light of the post-match attack that she dealt with after her first successful North American Championship defense against Whitney Sloane and Allison Lorraine as the camera catches up with her while standing up. She knows that the camera is on and it doesn’t deter her as she speaks with confidence. The North American Championship is around her waist at this point.

Andrea: Resurrection…

Andrea pauses to take a small breath.

Andrea: I can’t believe that it’s almost here again. Two years ago leading up to the event, I had just been signed to GCW as part of Sedona Sky and Utopia. Last year, I was mired in all the Utopia drama and things didn’t go so well for my first Resurrection as an actual competitor considering well… I was humiliated by Myra’s betrayal of me. But, that’s last year. This year, it’s a completely different story. Now? Unless something crazy happens, it’s almost a guarantee that I am going to be going into Resurrection as the GCW North American Champion. I got to admit, if someone told me that would be the case a year ago today, I would have never believed them.

Andrea pauses as she walks out of the living room of her Phoenix home and down the hallway until she gets inside a small room. It’s a room that consists of a lot of the memorabilia that she has collected over her two year run in Global Championship Wrestling and the first place that she goes to is the closet, opening it and revealing a sparking gown inside.

Andrea: This gown… as you can see… is nothing like the rest of what I have in here, but it’s a symbol of what I was. I REALLY tried too hard to look pretty, you know? *laughs* I never exactly grew up as a girly-girl type so for me to try to be one as an adult… yeah, that’s like fitting a square peg in a round hole, isn’t it? Sure enough, I struggled as a wrestler for a while. I didn’t know how to be myself.

Andrea closes the closet door and comes across a picture of herself as a member of Utopia.

Andrea: There we are… in all our glory: Myra as the Global Champion, Chelsea Summers and I as the Global Tag Team Champions… and during this time, I was essentially the red-headed stepchild as you all remember. Things just… they didn’t work well for a while. I won’t dive that much into it since you all know what happened...but I really thought that maybe, just maybe, I’d be the one person in Utopia that would never pan out. I vividly remember being the one that nobody cared about.

Andrea takes a moment to reflect on the harsh reality of her career up to that point. She knows that since then, she has come such a long way and that’s why she’s not so glum about what she just talked about.

Andrea: I remember being overlooked for the stupidest reasons...to the point that I was considered on the level of someone that would disgrace myself and my dignity by lying down for a bundle of cash. They once said it was stupid of me to not take the money but...considering the championship around my waist now, I don’t think that’s essentially a fact at this point. It also helped that during the last few months, I went from the girl that was afraid to fail, afraid to fall and that was always worried about the very worst happening… LORD you couldn’t believe the number of self-fulfilled prophecies that were realized during that time… to someone who cut the crap, cut out trying to be the “pretty girl”, who suddenly went out and said “fuck it, I’m doing me”, who not only stopped worrying about the worst, but also began to expect the best…

Andrea then walks to a chair and sits on it, giving herself a moment to look at the title that’s around her waist.

Andrea: ...and who has EVOLVED into being at her very best, as the GCW North American Champion. I’m not that scared little “pretty girl” anymore! I went from being the person that Myra Lynwood and Adrian Waters constantly said “shut the fuck up” to on top of calling her an “ungrateful bitch” to being quite honestly, one of GCW”s biggest and brightest up and coming stars today. I’ve proven that the Sedona Sky is TRULY the limit. I know that Jenni Anderson isn’t going to quit until she has this title back… but if my journey from then and now proves anything? It’s that I’m not going to quit either!

Andrea maintains a look of determination on her face and the crowd cheers the special pre-recorded video package as the footage ends.

(We cut backstage where we spot Steve Powers with his game face on, looking determined.)

Steve: Some may say that I’m getting too old to do this job. You’re wrong. Some may say that I’ve lost my touch. You’re wrong. Some may even say that I’m distracted, that I’m too focused on that asshole of a brother that I had to deal with tonight.

(He shakes his head.)

Steve: You’re wrong on all counts. Derek can wait. I’ll deal with him later. And I am not too old, I have not lost my touch. I’m like good wine, baby. I get better with age. And tonight, I go head to head with the current Global Champion Kendra Classic with the title on the line. Kendra, baby, you just drew the toughest challenge of your life. Because when I look at you, I see myself…younger and female, mind you, but I do see myself…

(He winks.)

Steve: You utilize a lot of the same old tricks I utilized back in the day. Hell, I invented some of those dirty tricks. And those dirty tricks took you to the top. They made you the best. But babe, I’m THE VERY BEST…

(He flashes a big toothy grin.)

Steve: …STEVE POWERS! And unless you can step up to that level, then your title reign will be short lived. Courtesy of THE VERY BEST…

(He flashes a big toothy grin.)

Steve: …STEVE POWERS!

(The scene shifts.)

Non-Title Champion vs. Champion
Isabella Harker vs. Andrea Hernandez

[The bell rang and both no-nonsense champions locked up and for the first few minutes, it was an evenly matched chain wrestling affair that would wind up breaking down into a bit of a brawl. However, the more experienced champion would deliver a belly to belly suplex to Andrea and she would take control of the match in the early going. She would initially focus on a submission offense, largely going for the legs of Andrea to keep her grounded and then she would deliver some hard hitting strikes and moves. Her opening rally would culminate with a Samoan drop! Isabella would make the cover, but Andrea would kick out. Isabella would go for a top rope elbow, but Andrea moved out of the way. With an injured knee, Andrea wouldn’t take to the skies. Instead she would focus on a striking offense for a while. Isabella was constantly stymied by a few kicks and then Andrea would culminate her rally to get back in the match with a shining wizard. Isabella went down and Andrea would go for the cover, but Isabella would kick out. Andrea attempted a frog splash from the top, but Isabella blocked it with her knees. Again, she’d focus on a submission offense, but Isabella would focus more on the chest area. This would continue until Isabella brought Andrea down with a backbreaker! Isabella would make the cover, but Andrea would kick out again. Isabella would try a springboard lariat, but Andrea would duck it. Andrea then came back with a forearm that knocked Isabella down and then she began to rally, taking things to the skies. She had the pace set and Isabella had lost control of the pacing of the match. Andrea would ultimately bring down Isabella with a suicide plancha and she made a cover after that, but Isabella kicked out! Andrea was confident as she went to the top rope. She waited for Isabella to stand up. She would. Andrea then springboarded off the top rope going for the Sky High….BUT ISABELLA COUNTERED WITH A MID-AIR STAKE!!!! The fans would explode out of their seats as Isabella would almost instantly make the cover. It was academic from there as the three count was made.]

WINNER: Isabella Harker

[Isabella was quick to check on Andrea who obviously got the wind knocked out of her, but she was forced to stand as the referee raised her hand. However, Isabella didn’t get to celebrate as she was assaulted from behind by James R. Knight. Knight clubbed her with a forearm from behind and stomped on her until he brought her down with a powerslam. Andrea slowly began to recover, but before she could help Isabella, Jenni Anderson ran down the ramp and into the ring, drilling the weakened Andrea with an Adora-Bomb! Meanwhile, Knight got Isabella up only to bring her down with the Dragonslayer! The fans booed this as Jenni stood above Andrea and Knight stood above Isabella. Both split from the ring and went in opposite directions without seeing or acknowledging each other. They were definitely happy, criticism from the announce team for their actions nonwithstanding.]

(We cut backstage to a boiler room area. Melanie and Karen are standing in front of Skuld.)

Melanie: Let’s review tonight’s festivities, shall we? Karen and I won our match. We defeated former tag team champions. But what about you, Skuld? How did you fair?

Skuld: I lost, Ms. McBride.

Karen: On your knees.

(Skuld gets down on one knee and bows her head in reverence.)

Melanie: In fact, all you’ve been doing ever since Civil War is lose. You lose, lose, lose…that’s all you do. Not one win. That’s hardly evolution.

Karen: I wonder at times why we even keep her around.

Skuld: I apologize, Ms. McBride.

(Melanie slaps Skuld.)

Melanie: You are PATHETIC! Do you hear me?!

(She slaps her again.)

Melanie: PATHETIC!

(Suddenly Skuld jumps to her feet and grabs Melanie by the throat and backs her against a wall.)

Skuld: What the hell do you want from me?! Huh?! I’ve done every damn thing you asked not because I wanted to but because I had to! I’m your damn slave, remember? But even slaves have their breaking point!

(Melanie grins knowingly, despite Skuld having a hand on her throat.)

Melanie: And you clearly have reached yours. You’re angry, angry enough to assault your superior. I like it.

(Skuld releases her grip, mainly out of surprise.)

Skuld: Huh?

Melanie: You are beginning to learn, which means you are beginning to evolve. Remember I said trust no one, not even me. I’ve been waiting to see how much mental abuse it would take before you reached this point, Skuld.

Skuld: But you said I was pathetic because I lose.

Melanie: And I also told you a few weeks ago that true victory is not just about winning a series of matches in this ring. I was counting on you losing as a form of mental abuse in hopes that it would bring out a darker, more vicious side in you. All part of my lessons.

Skuld: You have a funny way of teaching me, Ms. McBride.

(Melanie smiles warmly.)

Melanie: Call me Melanie.

Skuld: Wait…does that mean…

(Melanie shakes her head.)

Melanie: Not yet, but you are so very close. In fact, I think it’s time to test her. What do you think, Karen?

Karen: I agree.

(Melanie nods her head.)

Melanie: Then it’s settled. In two weeks, Skuld faces Karen McBride. And if you win, Skuld, then you get to take off the mask and embrace evolution.

(The scene shifts.)

Livewire cuts backstage where GCW North American Champion Andrea Hernandez is incredibly frustrated after the way things went down during her match with isabella Harker earlier in the night. She was definitely feeling confident before, but now she’s completely angry after the way Jenni Anderson beat her down after the match. The sudden presence of Roderick Osborn is not going to make things easier, but nonetheless, the North American Champion is able to compose herself enough for the impromptu interview to get under way.

Roderick: Andrea?

Andrea: Yes?

Roderick: Well… uh… we all know and saw what happened out there when you took on Isabella Harker. So… what’s your reaction to what just happened?

Andrea: You really want to know, don’t you? Fine. I’m not in a talking mood, but hey, let’s blow off some steam and tell it like it is, alright? First off, this is what? The third Livewire in a row where some sort of shenanigan happens with Jenni? First it was four weeks ago when she attacked me and we had a bit of a brawl going on and while that was happening, Kendra Classic pinned Isabella Harker and I ultimately lost that triple threat without being pinned. Then, it was two weeks ago when I was assaulted after my first successful North American Championship defense. Now… tonight… *sigh*. Look, I get it. I know what she wants: she wants her rematch for the GCW North American Championship and I am more than willing to give it to her… BUT…

Roderick: But?

Andrea: I hate that I even have to include a “but” in there, but considering Jenni’s reputation, I can’t take my chances. Ever since this whole thing started between Jenni and I, it’s like there’s always some form of nonsense attached or there’s some sort of extra hoop that I have to go through in order to get close to her. When this whole thing first started, it was either take the money and sell out my dignity or… well… what ended up happening. Then, when I cashed in my Survival of the Fittest reward to challenge for the GCW North American Championship, that came with an “in the moment” caveat of Jenni using HER reward when both Kendra and I were already worn out and thus, she took advantage of that in order to win that title. I got my title match against her at Civil War, but even that had the caveat of it being a handicap match with Dora. So, what makes you think that if I give her that rematch, she’s not going to try and pull another fast one on me?

Roderick: So, what are you saying, exactly?

Andrea: What I am saying is that it’s not that I don’t want to defend the title against her. I’m not blind to the fact that I pinned Dora and not her to win my championship and she’s going to remind me of this until we have our rematch. Winning that rematch and pinning her would close off any and all excuses she may have for what she lost. Who’s to think that she doesn’t have something up her sleeve already for Resurrection? Still… I am not someone that is going to run away from a challenge and despite how I feel about her personally, I know that Jenni IS a challenge. So, in any case, I am willing to put this title on the line at Resurrection against her, one on one…

The crowd greatly cheers this as Andrea remains confident.

Roderick: You still though, have to contend with Dora War as is with the situation in the current spot that it is right now.

Andrea smirks, seemingly not worried about what may be inevitable.

Andrea: I wasn’t quite done yet. In fact, I had an idea. Since Jenni is picking stipulations and calling her shots and all, I think it’s only fair that I get to name my own stipulation for Resurrection. Wouldn’t you agree?

Roderick: You do make a strong point there.

Andrea: So, I’ll defend against Jenni at Resurrection with that very caveat: that I get to pick what kind of match we have. And considering the history we’ve had the last few months, I think Francis Taylor will be receptive to the idea. We’ll see… Still… I’m not forgetting this and in one form or another, I will have the final word on this when it’s all said and done.

Andrea doesn’t say another word as she brushes by Roderick. The crowd cheers her determination as now there’s a bit of a curiosity pervading the audience of what kind of stipulation Andrea would choose for Resurrection… IF she’s even allowed to have one. Shortly afterward, the scene fades out.

Main Event
GCW Global Heavyweight Championship
Kendra Classic (champion) vs. Steve Powers

[Steve Powers outwrestles Kendra in the early going but Kendra rakes his eyes to gain an unfair advantage and then begins to take over with a series of technical wrestling of her own. Steve fights back and uses his size and strength to his advantage, overpowering Kendra with powerhouse moves. Steve Powers goes for The Very Best Finishing Move but Kendra moves out of the way just in time. She clips his leg. She locks in the Contortion Leglock. Steve keeps fighting and lasts for nearly a minute before tapping out.]
WINNER and STILL GCW Global Champion: Kendra Classic