Livewire 9.08

Ironman
Site Admin

Livewire 9.08

Post by Ironman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:22 pm

The scene opens up backstage. Faustina Santos is holding in her hands a briefcase similar to the one that will be fought over at Global Destiny X. The camera pans out to bring into frame the man who will compete for one of the spots in the match, JaMarcus Avery. He has his arms crossed. He looks pretty annoyed.

“Before any of you ask, NO, I didn't steal the briefcase Faustina is holding in her hand. Let me bring you back to a year ago around this time. I won a briefcase last year. The same one that Faustina is holding. Did I ever get to use it? NO! The bastard who was supposed to own me a favor left the company. I never got to use the briefcase. Did Tabitha properly compensate me for the bastard ducking his responsibility? NO. Did Floyd even bother to compensate me? I'll save you the brain power. NO. Instead, I have to qualify for Global Destiny X. Not handed a spot as rightful compensation. I actually have to fight someone who hasn't been here long enough to sip a cup of coffee?”

Faustina chuckles. JaMarcus, however, scoffs.

“Please. This match is an insult. Whatever. I am going to roll throw The Enforcer like a hot knife through butter. And then? Whatever briefcase I win, I won't waste time cashing it in, I'll be damned if someone else screws over my rightful opprotunity.”

JaMarcus walks away. Faustina skips behind him as the scene fades to black.

('Sleeping Giants’ by Hyro Da Hero begins to play.)

Forget the cops, I hate the world, I hate the people in it,
Hate that ignorant mess you love hearing,

This that dose of reality you fearin’
Hope I’m buried yes but can you pass the test

Recycle thoughts recycle dreams we’re not satisfied
We chase after the same thing

We hold us back we’re fighting us
And when we scream we silence us.

So we all make a deal with the devil,
because negativity is perceived to be better,

We never…to resist …so it’s routine
so we pretend that we ..in our teams

and ..to live like .. open up your eye realize what you are on the inside

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

Let my words be the bullet heard throughout the chaos,
Let my message sink into your brain and never fade out.

The world spins and spins and never changes up,
We are people of pattern and I’ma shake it up

We just dance and laugh like what’s up, what’s up
Shut the f*ck up, get up your butt and do something

In war, start a war, fight the peace,lie to me,
Stop runnin around so silently

‘cause I’m gonna be what I was designed to be and
That’s the voice, a voice of youth, a voice of truth,

A voice for you , a real voice that AINT MOTHERF*CKING AUTO TUNED!!!

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

The GCW logo flashes upon the screen.

Global X Destiny Match Qualifier
JaMarcus Avery vs. Enforcer

Two big men. One big opportunity. The opening minutes was more of a slug-fest than anything, but neither man got ahead in such a battle. Then Enforcer missed a huge corner splash. Enforcer never quite recovered. JaMarcus with a belly-to-belly suplex followed by a leg drop. Avery with an European uppercut and a sidewalk slam. Avery with Court Marshaled. He made a cover. 1...2...3!

Winner: JaMarcus Avery (Pinfall, 4:53)

The show opens up backstage and we once again find Sophie James sat in a stairwell, alone. She sits ready to compete, decked out in her ring gear, with an unzipped hooded jacket over the top. She looks up at the camera after a moment.

Sophie James: “Some people in life don’t want to listen…”

Sophie shakes her head again, dejected. She looks down at the floor between her feet, as she continues talking.

Sophie James: “Every time I open my mouth, there’s someone there to tell me I’m wrong, some asshole ready to tell me to shut up. Someone saying I don’t really want what I said I do, as if I’m fragile or don’t know what I’m talking about…”

She snaps her head up to glare at the camera.

Sophie James: “IT’S PATRONISING!”

She continues to glare for a second, her jaw clenched, before she finally calms down enough to continue.

Sophie James: “I didn’t start the war that’s currently ongoing between me and TD Batterson, I didn’t seek him out or go after him, HE went after ME! HE attacked ME! And now he’s telling me I don’t want to keep going after him, because I don’t know what I’m getting into? I’ve been a world champion, you arrogant fuck!”

Sophie stands up and points at the camera.

Sophie James: “YOU’RE the one who’s come here right from BlackOut, YOU’RE the one that’s turned up gone after me because you wanted to make a statement, attacking someone who’s already got name value in the business, and now you’re telling ME to run? To give up? Quit while I’m only narrowly behind? Fuck you, Batterson! Fuck you!”

Sophie walks closer to the camera, which tracks up to keep her in the shot.

Sophie James: “I can’t make this any clearer than I’ve made it over recent weeks, even MONTHS, TD. I am NOT afraid of you. I am not afraid of what you can do, I’ve beaten people bigger AND uglier than you and if you think you’ll run me off like a frightened little girl without having to physically break me in two at Resurrection to get me to stop, you are out of your fucking MIND! Now I have a match tonight, and who knows which way that’s gonna go, because this Erica chick is physically imposing herself and I may eat another loss tonight when my five five, hundred twenty one pound ass goes against someone who’s got twenty pounds and eight inches on me… but whatever happens tonight, I’ll own it. Erica can prove a point, kick my ass, help build her rep after beating a former world champ and great, good for her. But I’m telling you this now, and this isn’t just for TD to hear, or Erica, but EVERYONE that may think they can push me around, bully me or cast me aside. Tonight, whatever happens, I’m making it to Resurrection and when I do? I’m kicking TD Batterson’s ass from pillar to post, and it’s gonna be HIM that realises they made a fucking msitake! Love me or hate me… it’s STILL an obsession!”

Sophie brushes past the camera and disappears and the camera lingers long enough to hear the door to the stairwell open and close again before fading out.

The pre recorded footage opens up in a Yoga Studio. Ian McKinnon is sitting down on a yoga mat in the classic meditative position of his legs folded. His hands placed on his knees. The self proclaimed enlightened one is wearing black yoga pants and a grew t-shirt.

“Life is one extended expansive odyssey. The odyssey we are on ends when we die. There is no rest for any of us, pure... wicked, classy, classless. Doesn't matter. We are all on a path that will lead us to our death. How we spend that time is up to us. Along the way I did create The Odyssey, a wrestling faction not life, for those who wanted to join me on my journey to whatever it may lead. Along the way my odyssey was corrupted. And then I met Ronin, a woman who freed me from the corruption I did not possess the self awareness had happened. The power of friendship isn't always pure. In any event, she knocked me back on course. This odyssey is my own once again. For all the trails and tribulations I am a better man for it.”

“Nadia Allen, are you better for the ready you embarked on? Has this conflict with Reveire taught you anything? Will you use your life lessons to overcome me when we battle for a spot in the Global Destiny X match? For your sake you best be ready. There is one experience I haven't had in my many years in GCW, a chance to become a Global or World Champ. Global Destiny X offers me that chance. And I'll be damned if I have to wait to claim the ultimate prize in this company. But I could fight for a singles title of my choice, the tag would be tempting, controlling someones fate is enticing. Have my fate controlled, been there, done that. The possibilities. Nothing personal Nadia, I can't allow you to take those possibilities away from me. My odyssey continues at your expense. See you later.”

Ian closes his eyes. He bask in meditation as the scene fades to black.

Ian McKinnon vs. Nadia Allen

With a spot in the Global X Destiny match to play for, this one was obviously going to be hotly contested, and the back and forth in this put plenty of emphasis on how important it was. Ian with a newfound sense of purpose was all in but Nadia has had plenty of success in her time in GCW and was definitely hungry for me. The match was too close to call and the fans were on the edge off their seat trying to follow the action. It came as a surprise then, that the finish wasn’t the end it should have been. Instead of a natural finish where one got the better of the other to fit the hard fought match this was, Dianna Kruse turned out to be the deciding factor. With both Nadia and Ian down following a big superplex from the top, the referee was checking on Ian and he didn’t see Dianna slide into the ring. As Nadia got to her hands and knees, Dianna hit a vicious curb stomp, the Cruel Intentions, on her that wiped her out. The fans rained boos down on Dianna as she slid from the ring and hid from the official, and he turned to check on Nadia, thinking she too was simply suffering the effects of the superplex. Ian started to get to his feet, none the wiser about what had just occurred and seeing Nadia roll to her back, he climbed to the top and with a huge leap, he landed the Superman’s Dead double rotation moonsault to pick up the 1, 2, 3!
Winner by pinfall: Ian McKinnon

Backstage….

Jordyne Jade is doing squats while Ms. Budde looks on and Lenore Price-Mason stands in the back with a smirk on her face….

Lenore: “You don’t have to be the biggest or the strongest to be one of the best. Jordyne Jade here has proven that her entire career. This is why we chose her and what we saw last time was Ms. Budde take out Langley Lohan and show why we are the dominant group on Livewire. We see Andrew Raynes who runs his mouth, he will learn why I am champion and he is a neophyte just like tonight, when someone sticks their nose in the business of us and Helena Merriman, I get it, family loyalty and all that jazz, how quaint. You just remember one thing, this was your play, not ours.”

Jordyne hops up and smirks, Ms. Budde blows her hand fan at her…

Jordyne: “There comes a time in our careers when we need to make choices. Some are made by us, some for us. In this case, Langley, it was made for you, all you had to do was take it and walk away but you didn’t. Instead we have Helena coming to the rescue and after what Hannah did two weeks ago, that would have been your way out, instead you prodded and now look where we are at. Damn it girl, you could have gone home with your pride in hand and done been like another Lohan, right? Now instead Helena is going to take the fall for you, how fair is that? Not very if you ask me. So tonight, in just a few, I don’t; care how big you are, we are gonna FEE FI FO FUM a bitch and Drop It Like It’s Hot!”

Jade winks and walks off…

Ms. Budde: “Oh lord…. Class is not in session!”

Lenore: "Time to make HERstory again."

Lenore laughs as they follow Jade out.

Sophie James vs. Erin Stone

The Motor City Bitch had been struggling as of late, thanks to meeting TD Batterson. Tonight, she looked to get back on track. Erin Stone, on the other hand, had a big opportunity in her young GCW tenre by defeating a former World Champion. With that in mind, Stone took the fight to James out of the gate. A thumb to the eye off the opening tie-up gave her an edge that lasted for a few minutes. One rookie mistake, missing her finisher, Stonehenge, and James took full advantage. Sophie with a shining wizard, followed by a springboard splash and a cover...but Stone kicked out. Stone ducked a superkick, but James caught her with a DDT. Sophie immediately followed this with Motor City Meltdown. This time, there was no kickout when she covered Stone for the 3 count.

Winner: Sophie James (Pinfall, 7:28)

Sophie's arm was raised in victory and the fans cheered. Sophie smiled out at the crowd, but she was also looking around, as if expecting Batterson to jump out and attack her. No attack happened, though, and James walked backstage.

We go backstage where we see Dexter Russel standing by with a microphone. Livvie Nelson shuffles in next to him and crosses her arms. Dexter smiles into the camera.

Dexter: I'm joined backstage now by one of Livewire's newest talents, Livvie Nelson. Livvie, you have the biggest match of your young career here tonight, facing Dianna Kruse in a Global X Destiny Match Qualifier. How are you feeling heading into it?

Livvie smiles and drops her arms to her sides.

Livvie: How am I feeling, Dexy? I'm feeling absolutely fantastic. I've told the world that no matter what is put in front of me I will climb it and I will conquer it and I will jump down to the other side as the stronger person. Dianna? She's, what, one of these mates running around together and claiming to be world beaters or something in the like. I don't fear her. I'm not worried about what the future entails. I know that I will walk into that match with the same attitude that has shown everyone my capabilities are limitless and I will show them that even my skill in the ring is limitless. So what am I? How am I feeling? I'm feeling ready to win this thing, Dexy.

Dexter laughs softly to himself.

Dexter: But surely you must be a little nervous knowing what is on the line here?

Livvie lifts up her arm and moves it close to the camera.

Livvie: Do you see the hair on my arms sticking up?

She lifts the arm close to Dexter, almost hitting him in the face.

Livvie: Do you see goosebumps, Dexy?

Livvie shakes her head and crosses her arms.

Livvie: The answer is no, mate. You don't. I'm ready for this. I have BEEN ready for this for sometime now. Don't let the fact that I'm just a young, inexperienced rookie trick your mind into believing that I'm not ready for what lies in front of me. I didn't come here to Livewire to just sit back and wait my little turn in line while the veterans play with each other at the top. I beat those two blokes last week all by myself. I came here to freakin' win, Dexy. I came to challenge any and everyone. I have no fear.

Livvie grins at Dexy and shoots him a wink before walking in front of him and out of the shot.

Dexter: Well, Livvie Nelson continues to come across extremely confident. We'll send it back to you in the arena.

Dianna Kruse vs. Livie Nelson

The third and final Global X Destiny qualifier for Livewire was up next and this time it was two relatively fresh faces to the company that would entertain the masses, looking for an elusive spot in the match with unrivalled opportunities at Resurrection. And Dianna had made an impact earlier in the night by screwing over Nadia Allen but now it was time to try and make another in her own match against the fairly green Livie Nelson. But while Livie may have lacked experience, she doesn’t lack in ability, that much was obvious from the get go because she gave as much as she got from Dianna as the match really got going. In fact, unlike Dianna, Livie was as of yet unbeaten inside of a Livewire ring, even if Dianna had made an impact of her own in alternative ways since her own debut. And the match was chaotic yet entertaining, with the fans firmly behind Livie as it entered the latter stages of the bout. The ending came with the referee down following a bump from Livie, who was pushed into the official by Dianna. Dianna tried to take advantage of this and went for the ring bell but as she slid back into the ring, it wasn’t Livie waiting but Nadia Allen! The fans didn’t know whether to boo or cheer as Nadia drove a knee into the stomach of Dianna and grabbing her in a reverse headlock, she dropped her with the Death By Poison before sliding out of the ring. As she backed her way up the ramp, staring down at the ring, the camera could see her mouthing the words ‘Payback’s a bitch’ straight at Dianna before she turned and made her exit. Livie and the official both started to stir, with Livie getting back to her feet before realising Dianna was down. Livie could see Dianna starting to come around, and she backed up into the corner as the official got to his feet and as Dianna started to sit up, Livie ran across the ring and drilled her with the Game Over, right to the back of Dianna’s head and that was all the wrote. Livie dropped to her knees and hooked Dianna’s leg and the ref slid in to count the 1, 2, 3!

Winner by Pinfall: Livie Nelson

Jordyne Jade vs. Helena Merriman

This match... if you want to call it that, didn't officially happen. Why? Right from the onset, Ms. Budde slid in the ring to attack Helena from behind before the bell rang. Jade and Budde enjoyed a brief two on one advantage before Langley Lohan got involved, speared Jade remembering she was bashed in the head with a chair by the woman. This gave Helena a chance to regain her barings. And the two amazons, Herriman and Budde squared off, neither woman gaining a definitive edge on the other. This continued one for a bit. Referees came down to the ring to break up the brawl, they suffered the consequences. The closing sequence involved Jordan using all the chaos to sneak away, grab a chair, her intent was to crack a distracted Merriman's skull open. What Jade didn't see in her focus to put Merriman on the shelf was a wild Lohan folding her in half with her patanent Man (or Woman) Killer gore. Ms. Budde pulled Jade out the ring. Got to live to fight another day. Livewire fades to commercial.

Winner: (No contest)

Cutting back to the ring, there is a buzz inside the SAP Center in San Jose, California in part because Livewire General Manager Pete Floyd is already in the ring. Also in the ring with him as his music winds down is a long table with one steel folding chair on either side. As Floyd is about to speak to the crowd momentarily, we notice that he has a folder with some papers inside.

Pete: “We are getting closer to Resurrection IX and there are several matchups that I know you all greatly anticipating. I know because believe me as just a fan of this business, not a general manager, I am anticipating them as well. Before I get to the reason for these tables and chairs and this folder in my hand, I want to address the match which was just thrown out between Jordyne Jade and Helena Merriman. Resurrection is a time for settling feuds, and this one is at a fever pitch as demonstrated only moments ago. Therefore, I'm making it official. At Resurrection, it will be Ms. Budde and Jordyne Jade versus Langley Lohan and Helena Merriman."

The crowd pops and Floyd nods.

Pete: "Now, let's get down to business. There are so many great title matches set in stone for Resurrection. One of these matchups is the GCW International Championship between the Challenger Kelsai Adamson-Mason and the Champion Dustin Adams.”

There is a thunderous roar from the crowd as soon as the matchup is announced and Pete holds up the folder for all to see.

Pete: “In my hand is the official contract for that matchup. So now, what I would like to do at this is bring out both competitors so that they can officially sign the contract for this matchup. So without further adieu, the Challenger, Kelsai Adamson-Mason!”

“Let Love In” by the Goo Goo Dolls rings out and the crowd roars as Kelsai Adamson-Mason. She shakes hands with many fans at ringside but also looks like she has come down to ring with a purpose as she steps through the ropes and shakes hands with Pete, before standing alongside of him, never letting eyes be taken away from the aisle and who she knows will be joining them next.

Pete: “And now, The GCW International Champion, Dustin Adams!”

“Seizure of Power” hits the speakers as olive lights flicker around the arena, smoke and sparks fill the entrance ramp as Dustin Adams steps into the smoke and allows it to cover him before letting out a primal roar and extending his arms up and looking focused with GCW International Championship belt on his left shoulder. He slowly walks down towards the ring and hops up onto the apron and quickly walks past Pete and Kelsai, smirking at each of them and sitting and sitting down on the far side. Kelsai says nothing at all as her eyes never leave Dustin’s as she sits down opposite him.

Pete: “Alright, thank you for coming both of you. As I said, I have the contract here for your match at Resurrection IX here. Kelsai, if you would like to, please sign first.”

Pete slides the contract to Kelsai and she barely takes her eyes off of Dustin long enough to sign it, and looking like the slightest provocation will cause her to jump over the table and the fight will be on now. Pete cautiously takes the contract from her and slides it over to Dustin who is still smirking, taking the belt from his shoulder and setting it on the table right where the names plate with his names is only a few feet from Kelsai.

Pete: “Alright Dustin, if you would please, sign the contract.”

Dustin pretends to look over the contract which only causes Kelsai to become more agitated before signing the contract. Pete picks it up quickly as there is an electricity in the air.

Pete: “Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen, officially signed for Resurrection IX The GCW International Championship between the challenger Kelsai Adamson-Mason, and the champion, Dustin Adams. I thank you and….

Pete is interrupted by Dustin.

Dustin: “Kelsai, you don’t seem like your normal, cheerful, sickeningly sweet self….

Kelsai is fuming, ready to explode as Dustin continues to rile her up.

Dustin: “What’s the matter, no telling people that “Kelsai loves all of you” or saying that you are going “Let Love In”.

Dustin laughs.

Dustin: “You really want to hit me, don’t you? What’s the matter, are you afraid that you will end up like you two weeks ago? Come Kelsai, go ahead I know you don’t love, you hate me, all I want you to do now is prove it. Reach across the table here and hit me!”

The crowd is mixed because they do not like the way that Dustin is trying to goad Kelsai, but they also would really like to see Kelsai hit him. Kelsai stares a whole right through Dustin while picking up the microphone next to her.

Kelsai: “Your right Dustin, I don’t love you, and come Resurrection IX I will be doing more than just hitting you when I take that belt back home with me as the NEW GCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!”

The crowd roars again as Dustin laughs with both competitors standing up, and Dustin throws the table to one side so there is nothing left between the two of them. Dustin is snickering, just daring Kelsai to do something and clearly Pete does not want anything to happen. Kelsai thinks about it for several moments before turning around and going to leave the ring. Dustin will have none of it however, goading Kelsai one more time.

Dustin: “That’s right, go ahead, run away, that is what you are good at. Run back home and say hi to Victor for me, will you?”

As soon as Dustin mentions Kelsai’s husband and manager who is not there because of the injuries he suffered against Dustin, the crowd goes “oooohhhh”, boos, and Kelsai snaps. Turning back around, Kelsai grabs the folding chair that she was sitting in, and folding it up quickly she swings and connects, knocking Dustin right in the face and knocking him down as the crowd becomes unhinged. Kelsai looks down at the GCW International Championship belt and picks it up and looks at it for several seconds before placing it on Dustin’s waist and then turning around and leaving, heading to the back. As the scene is about to fade however, Dustin is back up, blood trickling down his face, and laughing as he lifts the belt high above his head.

Main Event - 10 Person Tag-Team Match
Rising Tide, Isabella Harker, Destiny Skye, Rina Takeuie vs. Scream Machine, Ba'al, Krissy, Maxwell St. John

Everyone expected chaos...and no one was disappointed. It didn't take long for this match to break down into a brawl and the expected pair-ups happened. Hugo and Bash squared off with Blade and Cade. Rina and Ba'al fought. Krissy and Isabella. Destiny and Maxwell.

As the match wore on, Scream Machine had Hugo isolated and took him down with Death Scream! Bash charged in after the fact, taking Mara over the top rope with a vicious spear. Siouxsie jumped to the floor to help her partner and shortly after, Hugo joined the fray. Krissy and Maxwell double teamed Rina until Harker was able to take out the masked St. John with a superkick, but then she turned into a knee to the face from Krissy. Krissy and Isabella started to slug it out, as did Maxwell and Rina.

The two legal wrestlers were Destiny Skye and Ba'al, and the referee attempted to restore some semblance of order. He managed to get everyone back to their own sides of the ring as Ba'al Irish whips Skye into the corner. He rushes in for a high knee, but Destiny moves out of the way! Destiny hits This is My Destiny! She goes for a pin, but St. John jumps in to break it up! This draws Isabella into the ring to slug it out with him. Destiny tags in Rina, but Ba'al makes the tag to Krissy. The referee is still trying to get in between Harker and St. John when Ba'al hits him from behind with an elbow to the head. Unaware of the North American champion's antics, Rina hits Krissy with The Setting Sun and makes a cover, but there is no referee to count the pinfall. As Rina rises to check on the ref, Ba'al hits her square in the face with a set of brass knuckles before leaving the ring. St. John and Harker are now fighting on the floor. Both Krissy and the official are rising. Krissy, seeing Rina down, makes a cover and the referee counts the 1-2-3.

Winners: Scream Machine, Ba'al, Krissy, Maxwell St. John (Pinfall, 17:17)

The fighting continues long after the bell. The Rising Tide and Scream Machine continue their brawling on the floor. Destiny has gone to check on Rina in the ring. Ba'al is nowhere to be found, but the look on Rina's face tells a story of defeat as Destiny fills her in on what happened. Krissy has gone to the floor, where she and Maxwell start to double-team Isabella, and soon enough, Dianna Kruse joins in for a three-on-one assault...one that is short lived as Destiny sees what is happening and slides out to the floor. Moments later, Nadia Allen shows up, taking the fight to Kruse.

Suddenly, "In The Flesh" hits the sound system and Livewire General Manager, Pete Floyd, walks out to the stage. This slows down the fighting, as all eyes turn to Floyd. He signals for his music to be cut and it is.

Pete: "If I may have everyone's attention. Earlier tonight, Livewire's participants for the Global X Destiny Match at Resurrection have been cemented. Congratulations to Princess Nava Farrin, JaMarcus Avery, Livie Nelson, and Ian McKinnon. With that settled, I have two more matches for Resurrection to announce. First, Reverie will face the team of Isabella Harker, Destiny Skye, and Nadia Allen."

The crowd cheers and this draws smiles from many of the wrestlers who will be involved in the announced match.

Pete: "Secondly. Rina, you were served an injustice tonight at the hands of Ba'al. More importantly, you suffered a bigger injustice two weeks ago, also at the hands of Ba'al. Therefore, at Resurrection, Ba'al will defend the North American Championship against Rina Takeuie...in a falls count anywhere match."

There is another big pop from the crowd. Rina, however, looks indifferent about the booking.

Pete: "The last edition of Livewire before Resurrection will air on our old day. Sunday, May 10. Have a good night."

There is a little jawing and pushing and shoving from the ring area, but everyone seems pleased with the matches set for Resurrection. The crowd starts a chant of "G-C-Dubs! G-C-Dubs! G-C-Dubs!" as Livewire fades to black.