Livewire 10.13

randy

Livewire 10.13

Post by randy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:25 am

We cut to the ringside area where we see ring announcer Robert E. Lee standing in the center with microphone in hand.

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the NEW GCW Global Heavyweight Champion, “The Fallen Queen” “The Kensington Knockout” “Chastity” Julia Braddock!

The lights dim as several spotlights shine down upon the entrance ramp. The opening chords of "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC begins to play over the PA system. The lights all come on. Pyro goes off. The tron flashes to life and the words "Her Royal Majesty" appears on the tron only to be set ablaze and burn away in a fire, almost as if Rome itself were burning. The words "The Queen is dead" appear in its place. Then Julia Braddock steps out onto the stage decked out in a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit. Her newly won GCW Global Championship title belt is draped over her right shoulder. Braddock goes over to one side of the stage and hoists the title belt high in the air, getting a loud ovation from the fans. Then Braddock goes to the other side of the stage and hoists the title up in the air, again getting a loud ovation from the fans. Julia then turns and begins to make her way down towards the ring. The Kensington Knockout high fives a few fans along the way. She gets to the ringside area and she ascends the steel steps and steps up onto the ring apron. For a third time she raises the title belt high over her head for everyone to see. Braddock then enters the ring and retrieves the microphone from Robert E. Lee.

Julia: Ten years…

Her words are caught in her throat, as if she got choked up. She smiles and shakes her head.

Julia: An entire decade of growing up and watching my father make this business look easy, watching my sister make it look easy, and even in this company I watched people like Jazmyn Rain, Victoria Salinas, Chantelle Chambers, a woman very special to me in Aphrodite Noel, and even Lenore Price-Mason make it look so damned easy. All I ever wanted was to be a leader for this company. I had that chance back in 2016 and blew it by making it all about myself instead about this great company, the company that first took a gamble on this little English brat who only had her father’s name to fall back on. GCW took a chance on me. They gave me the ball and I took off running. I was Television Champion, X Division Champion, Global Tag Team Champion, and Heritage Champion. But the one time I got the opportunity to be this company’s top star, its standard bearer, I blew it by making it all about myself. I selfishly believed that the World Championship was something I was entitled to and that GCW owed it to me to give that and so much more to me on a silver platter. That kind of thought caused my slow downfall. Do you know why in my video package on the tron it says “Her Royal Majesty” and then those words burn away and in its place stands the words “The Queen is dead”? Its because I viewed myself as GCW royalty. I thought of myself as this company’s queen. And it was that kind of self-promotion and arrogance that caused my downward spiral. It almost ended my career.

The champion shakes her head.

Julia: Ten years is a very long time. And after making so many mistakes in that time period I wasn’t expecting to be able to pull myself back from how far I had fallen. I knew it would take a great deal of hard work and effort on my part, and while I may have fallen, I may have become a Fallen Queen, I was not going to let myself die and I was not going to watch my career go up in flames. So from the moment I hit rock bottom at Resurrection IX I started busting my ass, I worked harder than ever before, I rebuild the bridges that I had burned, and I fixed myself mentally. I returned with a renewed focus on what was most important and that is giving back to GCW and giving back to each and every single fan who never gave up on me, who continued to support me even through my tough times, and even giving back to those fans who do not support me. All of you fans out there, you may be Julia Braddock fans, you may be fans of Travis Vessey, or you may be fans of Brittany Kayl, but the fact is that you are the reason why we are out here! You are the reason why we do what we do!

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: So I fought, and I fought, every Shotgun I could get booked, I would compete. Any house show I could get booked, I would compete. I worked my way up from the bottom until the 2021 Civil War. And I won the Civil War Match. I outlasted the very best of both Shotgun and Livewire to punch my ticket into the main event of Resurrection X. I challenged for the GCW World Championship and I came up short. Was I disappointed? Yes I was, but did I let that disappointment stop me or slow me down? No way! I just kept fighting, only this time on Livewire. I fought my way into a Global Title Match against arguably the very best Global Champion in the history of the Global Championship. I was an underdog, no one was betting on me, but I didn’t care because I knew what I was capable of, and more importantly I knew what I was fighting for. And in the end I defeated Lenore, I ended her year long title reign to become the new GCW global Champion.

She pats the title belt resting on her shoulder.

Julia: And while I may have this, that doesn’t mean that this whole world now revolves around me. It still is all about you, the fans of GCW!

The crowd pops. A wry grin crosses Julia’s face.

Julia: However, this championship does mean that as of right now I am the woman to beat on Livewire. As of right now I am the very best wrestler...on the globe? Heh, makes sense. I once again sit upon the throne of Global Championship Wrestling, at the top of the mountain, in the top spot in this company. And you know what? I bled for this spot, I sacrificed a great deal for this spot, and if you think that I will let go of this spot without a fight then you are wrong! Now I already heard the announcement from Tabitha Silverstone that I would be defending this championship against four opponents in a championship scramble. Two of them will be Adrian Waters and Brittany Kayl…

The crowd boos. Julia smirks.

Julia: You can boo them, that’s fine, but there’s no denying the talent that they both possess. I won’t deny that they belong in the championship conversation. But I will not just roll over and die and let one of them take this championship away from me. And tonight two more contenders will be decided. Will it be Ms. Budde? Jody Rainer? Kelsai Adamson-Mason? Or maybe this unannounced opponent? It could be any of them. And to that, I only have one thing to say...

Braddock smirks.

Julia: Bring it on! If you want a piece of me, if you want to become the GCW Global Champion, then all you have to do is ask and I will give anyone and everyone an opportunity at my title. I back away from no challengers. I shy away from no fight. And as daunting as it is to face four other opponents, I am still not intimidated. I am not intimidated because I know how good I am and I know that whether it is four opponents, five opponents, ten opponents, or twenty opponents, I will still fight with every last breath in my body to defend this Global Championship! And THAT is a Vow of Chastity!

===

We cut backstage where we find Summer Collins dressed in a tight form fitting forest green dress and black high heeled pumps. Standing next to her is her tag team partner and best friend “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. Jessica is equally as stunning in a tight form fitting pink dress and red high heeled pumps.

Summer: I suppose after losing the tag team titles to The Sovereign and then losing the tag team elimination to The McBride Corporation that Jess and I are supposed to just fade away? We are supposed to become a distant memory? Well unfortunately for the tag team division here on Livewire, that isn’t going to happen. That will never ever happen. The fact is, I am not certain Livewire can handle being without their most FABULOUS assets.

Jessica: They can’t handle it. They need us.

Summer: Precisely. And fortunately for our legions of fans, for the women who want to be us, and for the men who want to be with us but realize that they can look but never touch, we will still be here to provide you with something to look at, to provide you with something to be envious and jealous of, and to just make Livewire that much more FABULOUS by our mere presence.

Lasiewicz shakes her head.

Jessica: But don’t make the mistake of thinking that we will be content to give the gift of ourselves and never receive.

Summer: Actually, let them make that mistake. The more mistakes our opponents make, the better.

Jessica: This is true. So this is your one warning...we are drop dead gorgeous, we are beautiful, but as good as we look, we are also that deadly and dangerous inside of the wrestling ring. We are STILL the most decorated tag team in all of Global Championship Wrestling. We may not be the number one contenders, that happens to be The McBride Corporation, but there are two things that our pathetic champions need to remember. First, we did not get pinned. And in our eyes, we are still owed a team on team rematch against The Sovereign. And second, regardless of when it happens and regardless of where it happens, we are going to get our hands on you and when we do get our hands on you we will end you. But The Sovereign aren’t the only ones who should be concerned. The heirs apparent, The McBride Corporation, if they become champions they become our targets. Hell, maybe Summer and I will decide to target some of the singles champions?

Collins shrugs her shoulders.

Summer: Who knows? The point we’re making is that Jess and I are still the most decorated tag team in the company, we are still the team to beat, and yes, we are still ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

The scene fades.

===

Brittany Kayl can be seen sitting in a darkened room, perched upon a stool as she looks to the camera.

Kayl: “I’m not interested in relaying any further messages towards my past opponent. You see, that’s what he is now: The past. I beat him. In the middle of the ring, his body gave out and the referee called for the bell. And that was it. I’m not interested in further entertaining that little nugget, not when I have the future in front of me.”

For the first time in what seems like months, Brittany smiles.

Kayl: “Because at Survival of the Fittest, I finally have the chance to make right what was wronged back in DECEMBER! When I was World Champion, I carried that belt with PRIDE. With HONOUR. With DIGNITY. And then it was stolen from me. But now I have the chance to reclaim the glory that came with being the top Champion… this time, it’s the Global Championship in sight. And I have every intention of winning that scramble and walking out of Survival of the Fittest as CHAMPION because God-dammit, I have what it takes! I shouldn’t have to REMIND everyone of the AGONY I went through for SIX LONG YEARS to become Champion in the first place! Well I’m not going to wait another six years to find myself on top! I REFUSE to wait six more years! This is MY time! And if anyone thinks they’re going to stop me? I’ll put them down until their body quits on them… just like I did at Last Respects.”

Brittany scowls at the camera, which fades out.

===

Dianna Kruse In Action
[The former North American Champion was pitted against Michelle McDonalds for this contest. Michelle offered a handshake...big mistake. Kruse jerks her in with an exploder suplex. Kruse drills her with a shoulder breaker and then applies a hammerlock. Kruse with an arm ddt. Kruse with an arm wrench. Kruse with another arm ddt and then applies a fujiwara arm bar. Michelle reaches the ropes. Kruse applies Aurora. Michelle taps out.]
WINNER: Dianna Kruse

===

The scene rises up at a tropical paradise, far away from Wichita, Kansas. As the camera focuses, we see Chantelle Chambers sunbathing on a beach, two drinks set beside her, clad in her red bikini. As the camera approaches, she smirks, sitting up.

Chantelle: “Thank you for coming.”

The cameraman doesn’t answer, clearly struck speechless. Chantelle takes one of the drinks and passes it behind the camera.

Chantelle: “You’re going to need that.”

The cameraman takes the glass, but still holds it out in front of the camera. Chantelle throws her hair back, holding her glass out as she grins.

Chantelle: “Ladies and gentlemen, I wish to propose a toast. You see, a few weeks ago, The McBride Corporation of Karen and Melanie McBride managed to accomplish something truly extraordinary. They stepped into the ring against three other tag teams and managed to emerge victorious, earning what will be for them the pinnacle of their wrestling careers. Now, at a date yet to be determined, they will fulfill the promise of that accomplishment as they step into the ring, into the biggest spotlight of their lives, and challenge Aubrianna Powers and yours truly, the greatest creation of Global Championship Wrestling Chantelle Chambers…”

She takes a moment to soak in her own self-delivered adulation.

Chantelle: “... and FAIL in their quest to wrest our Global Tag Team Championships from us! It’s quite the accomplishment. Don’t take any shame in making it this far, girls… there have been countless others who have stepped up to the plate only to fall short when it counted. Far too many even in this paradise. But in the end, your destiny is secure. You will get to tell your children and your grandchildren about the time you came close to toppling The Sovereign, the premier force in GCW. And that, girls, deserves to be celebrated. So…”

Chantelle postures herself, holding the glass up.

Chantelle: “Here’s to the McBride Corporation. May they find deep satisfaction in their destined defeat!”

Grinning, she takes a drink, but the cameraman’s drink remains in focus. Chantelle looks to him.

Chantelle: “Now now, it doesn’t count if you don’t drink. Go on…”

Relenting, or perhaps unable to resist the Bombshell’s orders, the cameraman pulls his glass back, taking a drink. Chantelle grins as the camera fades out.

===
The new International Champion, Derek Powers, is backstage… he has no match tonight, but wants to check out potential challengers for HIS International Title. He suddenly spots a familiar face.

Derek: Steve!

Dereks brother, Steve Powers, makes his way over and pats his brother on the back.

Steve: Derek… or should I call you ‘champ’ now?

Derek: Ha! What can I say? The titles always seem to find me!

Steve’s face darkens a bit.

Steve: Wish I could say the same…

Derek can tell his brothers frame of mind, at the moment.

Derek: You really letting all of Aubreys words get to you, bro?

Steve: Truth is truth, Derek.. I haven’t been holding my own for our family.

Derek: You know, if you feel that way, maybe you need to make a change?

Steve: A change?

Derek: Listen Steve, you’ve done a lot in GCW… you’re a legend here! But maybe you need to focus less on the wrestling part, and become more of a… coach. Teach someone to become ‘almost’ as great as you! There’s a lot of undiscovered talent out there… find the next Steve Powers, and continue to make your mark that way!

Steve: I dunno…

Derek: How about this, then… you and me, two weeks time, non-title of course… that way, you can see if you still got something left in the tank?

Steve: …

Derek: Think about it, bro.

Derek pats Steve on the back and takes his leave, leaving behind a contemplative Steve Powers. We go back to ringside.

===

We cut backstage where we find “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock walking through the halls. The GCW Global Champion appears confident and pleased after her address to the Livewire audience and locker room earlier in the show. But then Braddock stops dead in her tracks. Her eyes narrow as she stares a hole right through the approaching figure of a ghost from her past; slowly approaching, dressed in all black, is her former agent, Mason Van Stanton.

Julia: What are you doing here?

Mason: Why are you surprised to see me Chastity? I did tell the world that I would be returning and here I am.

Julia: I know you promised to return. But I also do not think it is a coincidence that I happen to be the first person you approach when you make your grand return. So what is your game, Mason? Are you trying to con your way back into my good graces now that I am the Global Heavyweight Champion? Or are you going to target me and try to steal the championship and ruin my title reign before it has even begun?

Van Stanton chuckles.

Mason: You think the worst of me.

Julia: Can you blame me?

Mason: Honestly? No, I can’t blame you. And you’re right, it isn’t a coincidence that you are the first person I wanted to see upon my return. But this has nothing to do with whatever scheme I may or may not have planned. The fact is that after what happened between your family and mine recently, well, I see no reason to continue this bitter personal war between your family and myself. So congratulations on becoming GCW Global Champion. I knew that if anyone could defeat Lenore, it would be you.

Van Stanton holds out his hand, offering a handshake. Julia stares at it for a long, tense moment before reluctantly accepting the handshake.

Julia: Thank you.

Mason: Understand that I am still a businessman. I am not done managing careers in this business or even in this company. I may find a client and guide them towards your Global Championship, I may even find a tag team to come after Hannah and Kendra’s World Tag Team Championship, but if I do that understand that none of it is personal. It isn’t about revenge. It is just business. But I do promise that I am not here to go out of my way to ruin your career or Hannah’s career or Kendra’s career. I hope you believe me.

Julia: You know I cannot trust you; that being said, I hope you are being honest. Because if you’re not, Hannah and Kendra have my back, just as I have theirs. And Destiny is watching our back too, and we watch hers. If you come after one of us, you come after all of us and we will all rain hell on you.

Van Stanton nods his head.

Mason: I understand and admittedly that is part of the reason I am not coming after you girls...at least not yet. But I am telling you right here and now that I am returning to the managerial scene here in GCW. I do have a plan.

Julia: I figured you had a plan. Just listen to me, whoever you find to buy this garbage you sell, do not ruin their lives. Do not do to them what you did to us.

Mason: I make no promises, Chastity.

With that, Mason turns and walks off.

===

Global Championship Scramble Qualifier
Ms. Budde vs. Jody Rainer

[A former International Champion pitted against a former X Division Champion with the winner earning a shot at the Global Championship. Jody went right after Budde with a hard lariat and then kicking away. He put a boot to her throat and choked. He broke at the referee’s count of four. Jody with a belly to belly overhead suplex. Jody applied a blatant choke. Again Jody broke at the count of four. Jody went for another lariat but Budde ducked and connected with a lou thesz press with mounted punches. Jody kicks Budde off. Jody shoves the referee. This was a mistake as it allowed Budde to find chalk and throw it into Jody’s eyes. With Jody blinded Budde was easily able to capitalize with a scoop slam, a Fisherman’s suplex, and then a spine buster. Budde covered but Jody kicked out at two. Budde with a stalling brain buster. Budde with a vertebreaker. The cover but Jody gets a foot on the bottom rope. Budde goes after her ruler but the referee takes it away. Jody manages to pull himself up, rakes her eyes, and then strikes with a yakuza kick. Jody with an ankle lock. Budde reaches the ropes. Jody with a Freman’s carry into a knee strike to Budde’s head. Jody goes up top and connects with a frog splash. The cover but Budde kicks out just before the three.]

[Jody shouts at the referee, claiming it was slow. This gives Budde time to recover. Budde retrieves her ruler from where the referee had thrown it away. Jody shoves the referee again. With the referee distracted Budde is able to jab the ruler into Jody’s throat. Budde with a military press slam. Budde with The Golden Rule! The cover...1...2...3!]
WINNER: Ms. Budde

===

The scene opens up split. In one window is Bash Kincaid. In the other, Hugo Magnussen.

Bash: “This ain’t right.”

Hugo: “What happened at Last Respects is not acceptable.”

Bash: “We got fluked!”

Hugo: “We got caught.”

Bash: “We’re better than them!”

Hugo: “We’re better than THIS.”

Bash: “But sometimes metal needs to sharpen metal.”

Hugo: “The best way to build a fire is to put smaller fires together.”

Bash: “So in two weeks time, we’re gonna make sure The Rising Tide is sharpened to it’s BEST.”

Hugo: “We’re going to go to war.”

Bash: “If you think we’re tough on others, wait’ll you see what The Tide does to each other.”

Hugo: “It’ll be something the likes of which you have never experienced before.”

Bash: “I need t’make sure Hugo is willing to do what it takes to get the job done, cuz we ain’t been getting the job done when it counts for too long!”

Hugo: “I intend on pushing Bash to his limits, and then when he’s there, seeing how much farther I can push.”

Bash: “This ain’t gonna be a thing.”

Hugo: “One night only. Brothers go to war.”

Bash: “The Tide ain’t gonna falter… we’re gonna push each other more than we been pushed before.”

Hugo: “And in the end, may the best man win.”

The two split screens fade.

===

Eva Aguila: “Where is the competition?”

The scene rises up with Eva Aguila backstage. She has the GZWA Women’s Championship held over her shoulder as she glares into the camera.

Eva: “I came to Global Championship Wrestling for a challenge… to build upon my legacy, already featuring the final GZWA Women’s Championship. And all I have gotten here is people worried about stepping up.”

She scoffs.

Eva: “What is a girl to do? I guess the only answer is to march down to the ring and pick my own fight. That’s how things are done around here, isn’t it?”

Eva grins, adjusting the belt on her shoulder.

Eva: “So that’s what I’ll do. You won’t know where. You won’t know when. But I’m not a sideline-dweller. And may Heaven help the poor soul who finds themself in my crosshairs. Because I won’t.”

With that, Eva marches out of the scene…

===

Backstage we find Sierra Michaels sitting in the dressing room in her wrestling gear watching the Livewire proceedings on a monitor. She is interrupted when a knock is heard at the door.

Sierra: Come in…

She turns her head and watches as the door opens. She watches the figure emerge into the room but the person that enters isn’t who she was expecting. It is the man dressed all in black. It is Mason Van Stanton. Sierra furrows her brow out of curiosity.

Sierra: Mason Van Stanton? What are you doing here?

Mason: So confrontational. You’re just like everyone else, you think I am up to no good when all I am doing is what I do best; looking around for coal so I can turn it into a diamond. Did you see Julia Braddock earlier with the Global Championship? She refuses to give me any credit but let’s face it, a lot of the reason she is as good as she is right now is because of the constant pressure I put on her. That’s how coal becomes a diamond, by the way. Pressure turns it into a diamond. The pressure I put upon Julia Braddock helped her become what she is today whether she will admit it or not. Hannah and Kendra over on Shotgun were good before I met them. But good enough to defeat Scream Machine in a 60 Minute Ironwoman Match? Maybe. But thanks to the pressure I put on them they become diamonds, and they were able to persevere through the pressure of being behind two falls to nothing to win the Ironwoman Match at Last Respects. See that’s what I do. I take people who may have been good before and make them even better, or I take lumps of coal and turn them into diamonds. Either way, I make people better.

Van Stanton steps up to Sierra. She stands up and gets up in his face.

Mason: Do you want to know what I see when I look at you? I see a lump of coal that has the potential to become a diamond. I know you have the potential because I know your history. The rest of these people backstage look at you and they see a loser, a fraud, a curtain jerker. They see a jobber. To be fair to them, you haven’t exactly done much to change that perception. Every single time Tabitha Silverstone has given you an opportunity you have squandered it. You lose time and time again. No one even recalls that you were once successful in GCW and that you once had a promising career in GCW. You are a former GCW World Tag Team Champion. But do you think anyone remembers that?

Sierra starts to speak but Mason holds up his hand to silence her.

Mason: The answer to that question is NO...all they know is what you are now, and what you are now is simply enhancement talent. You enhance others. You make others look like stars because lets be honest with ourselves, we know that Tabitha Silverstone only books you nowadays just to make someone else look good. She books you expecting you to lose. That’s what you have done lately. Your entire career has been forgotten but even if they remembered would it make things better? Well let’s consider that for a moment. You were a GCW World Tag Team Champion with your brother Joey Michaels. But what happened after you lost the tag team titles? What happened after you failed to recapture the tag titles? You ended up in a cult, caught up within the Nero Organization and forced to wear a mask and take on the identity of Skuld. You were little more than Nero’s personal toy. His slave. At least then you recaptured some relevance as you were part of a moderately successful if not fanatical cult. But even Nero got tired and bored of you when he found a new toy that he valued far more than you...namely, Melanie McBride. You were replaced and once again forgotten. You tried to reinvent yourself by becoming allies with the McBride Corporation and they even let you take on their surname. You became Sierra McBride. But they grew tired of you and kicked you out. Ever since then you have been just another name on the roster who loses again and again.

The conman gets up into Sierra’s face.

Mason: That is PATHETIC! You are absolutely PATHETIC! You are pathetic because you have the ability to be so much more than that and yet you seem content with just taking up space for the rest of your career! The one time you had regained relevancy was when you were a part of the Nero Organization. You were forced behind a mask but at least you were feared. I dare say some in the locker room even respected you. But now look at you!

He takes a step back and snickers.

Mason: What are you even doing here? You’re not scheduled to compete. And why are you wearing your wrestling gear? Are you hoping against hope that Silverstone will need a replacement jobber? Are you hoping against hope that you will be Kelsai’s opponent tonight? If they did choose you for that spot you know in your heart that they chose you just to give Kelsai an easy win. You are pathetic…

He smirks knowingly.

Mason: ...but it doesn’t have to be that way. Think about it, Skuld.

Mason Van Stanton turns and walks off. Sierra can be seen slowly breaking down. She sits back down and buries her face in her hands. The scene fades.

==

Kowloon In Action
[Kowloon representatives MAEVE and Akeem took on Basher and Crasher. Basher attacked them before the bell and a huge brawl ensued between the four. Eventually Basher and Akeem ended up in the ring and the referee called for the bell. Basher went for a power bomb but Akeem countered into a ddt. Akeem with a swinging neck breaker. Crasher steps in only to get caught with a back fist and then a roundhouse kick sending him tumbling to the outside. Akeem tags out to MAEVE. MAEVE with a flying knee strike to Basher. MAEVE whips Basher into the corner. MAEVE with Hiroshima to Basher! MAEVE connects with Chernobyl. The cover...1...2...3!]
WINNERS: Kowloon

===

[Roderick Osborn stands inside the private locker room of Travis Vessey with a microphone to his lips. Travis stands next to him, dressed in his ring gear and a black leather vest. They're both directly in front of the camera.]

Roderick : Roderick Osborn here and in the semi main event of this program, this man right here Travis Vessey competes against Kelsai-Adamson Mason. A chance to be in the Global Championship Scramble match at Survival of the Fittest, November 20th at the Staples Center in Los Angles, California hangs in the balance. We all know about your goal Travis, it's winning that Global championship back. Last month, you had the same chance and fell short in the three way to the eventual winner and now current Global Champion Julia Braddock. Kelsai Adamson Mason has been pined for greatness and she feels it is her time to finally push through and make her name known within the elites. You are fresh off a defeat at the hands of Brittany Kayl at Last Respects a couple of weeks ago. Kelsai is coming into this match with all the momentum. You are looking to bounce back. Something has to give tonight, Travis.

Travis: Everyone knows the definition of insanity. It' repeating the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. You could say that definition sums up me chasing the Global championship. I earned mu chance at Lenore Mason last year. I lost. I was in the four way earlier this year, Civil War. I lost. You said it yourself Roddy, last month I could have earned myself a title shot in that three way. And I lost. And to makes matters worse, the person who pinned won the title, beat the woman that beat me for the Global title almost two years ago.

[Travis shakes his head.]

Travis: I couldn't live with myself losing that match a month ago. When Julia Braddock beat Lenore, I couldn't watch it live. Because all that played throughout my head was the chances that I didn't capitalize. That's I didn't seal the deal. All the things I could have done. That's what you do when you have regret. You say should, could and would. But we live in reality and the reality is I didn't get the job done. Same with Brittany Kayl. My dedication to this professional wrestling has been called an obsession borderline on...insanity. Some people look at me and wonder why do I put so much of myself into this when I've accomplished so much. You're in the Hall o Fame, they say. You're one of the greatest GCW has ever seen, they said. I hear it from the fans and I appreciate all of your support, but it's nights like watching Julia Braddock win the Global title, nights like Civil War, like last year against Lenore, hell, the five years between my first Global title win and my second, those are what drive me to the point of what some may call insanity.

[Travis is the only person in the camera view as he stands directly to the camera.]

Travis: Now Kelsai, you're a hell of a wrestler. A resilient wrestler. A tenacious wrestler. A very good pro wrestler. It's only a matter of time with your heart, your determination, your zeal and your ability, that you will become of the best wrestlers not just here in GCW but in this sport of professional wrestling. But that is the game that we both love so much. There is often one winner and one loser. And recently, as I've chased after this title, I have found myself on the losing end more times that i want to admit. Kelsai, I have sacrificed time with my family, women that I loved and wanted to settle down with me to start a family. I've sacrificed sleep, my time. I've done all of thise for that title. And ask every women that's been in my life the last year, two years, three years, keep counting. My mistress is that Global Championship. What I'm chasing is professional wrestling excellence. I could retire today and be considered one of the greats. That humbles me greatly. But if I retire today, I don't retire as the greatest wrestler GCW ha ever seen. And until that part is decisively me, than this is the path that I'm taking.

[Travis has a look of determination in his eyes.]

Travis: With every loss, it makes me appreciate pro wrestling even more. With every missed opportunity to win back that Global title, I appreciate it that much more. Everyday there's people watching this and has dreams of becoming a pro wrestler. They see the success, but they don't see the struggle. They don't see the price you pay for wanting to be great. I cherish every moment that I have because none of this is easy. Getting to where I am now doesn't come easy. I am one of the few that's made this far. Not many make it to the elite. Kelsai, you are trying to get here. I'm trying to remain here. You and I are chasing the same thing, just from different angles. You will get a Travis Vessey that was soundly beaten at last Respects. The same Travis VEssey that lost a month ago, The same one that lost the Global title in his first defense six years ago and the same one that lost three times to Lenore Mason, the woman that beat me for it last. But in that ring, you will also get the man that everyone knows, in that ring, without question, is one of the best in the world. And whatever needs to be done to put you down and put myself in that title scramble, I will do. You're a sharp, intellegent woman. You're a fighter. You're all heart. I admire that. I respect that. And so respectfully I tell you this, you come at the King...you best not miss.

[Travis nods before the camera shows Roderick Osborn again.]

Roderick: Travis Vessey, ladies and gentleman.

Travis: Thank you. Rest in power Michael K Williams.

Roderick: Absolutely. Gentleman? Back to you.

===

Backstage we find the original (and in her opinion still best ever) Hall of Fame journalist Janice King. Standing with her ready for an interview is the trio known as The McBride Corporation. Karen McBride and Melanie McBride stand to Janice’s left while Blair McBride stands to Janice’s right. All three McBride siblings seem to glow with confidence.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen I am Janice King, the VERY FIRST journalist to be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame! And my guests at this time won a big match, arguably their biggest win of their career at Last Respects, I am talking about Karen McBride and Melanie McBride, The McBride Corporation! And of course with them as always is Blair McBride! Thank you for taking the time to speak to me.

Melanie: Of course, Janice.

Janice: You defeated The Rising Tide, Fabulous, and The Alan Family in a four way title eliminator. You overcame significant odds. Many consider this an upset.

Melanie chuckles.

Melanie: Is that what THEY consider it? And just who are THEY, Janice? The experts? The fans? I can understand why some would doubt The McBride Corporation but what did we tell everyone leading up to this? We told you that we had regained our focus, we had regained our traction, and that we were far more dangerous than we looked. I suspect The Rising Tide, Fabulous, and The Alan Family underestimated us and they did so at their own peril. But even if they had not underestimated us, we still would have won because Karen and I have once more found the formula to success and that formula to success is a killer instinct.

Janice: Will that killer instinct carry you through to a victory over The Sovereign, assuming they are still Global Tag Team Champions by the time your title shot comes around?

Karen: It had better be The Sovereign and we had better be the first to get that title match. No one likes to sound entitled. But the fact is that Melanie and myself ARE entitled to a Global Tag Team Title Match. We are entitled to being at the front of the line and to get our opportunity before anyone else. And we have also been the only team willing to call out The Sovereign on their bullshit. They have constantly ducked and evaded their duties as the Livewire brand’s tag team standard bearer. They have avoided REAL competition on this brand and hid behind their Shotgun contracts. I am certain everyone saw their self-congratulatory garbage of a celebration on Shotgun last week. It was enough to make me sick. Yes, The Sovereign may be covered in gold for now, but their days of being on top are officially numbered. Chantelle Chambers and Aubrianna Powers cannot hide much longer. Eventually we will get our title shot and when we do, we will once again shock the world. Will that be an upset? Maybe. But will we be the new GCW Global Tag Team Champions? Yes, we will.

Janice King turns the microphone to Blair.

Janice: Blair, you are going to make your much anticipated in-ring debut on the premier edition of GCW Fever. Your opponent will be against a former GCW World Champion Brooklyn Smith. This is quite a tall order for your debut match, to have to face such formidable opposition, don’t you think?

Blair: It is quite a challenge but a challenge is what I want. One does not grow, one does not evolve, without having to face challenges. Whether you succeed or fail at the challenges is not the most important thing, what matters is that you LEARN from the challenges. That is why I wanted to face Brooklyn in the first place. I know how good she is, I know how formidable she is, and I know that I can learn so much from facing her in the ring. I am not naive, Janice. I do not expect to pull off a miracle and defeat a former World Champion when I myself have never even wrestled before. But even if I do fail, I will learn from my failure and I will use what I learn to help myself grow and...yes...evolve.

King turns her attention back to Melanie.

Janice: Melanie, you trained Blair. What do you expect out of Blair’s debut match against Brooklyn on Fever?

Melanie: I did train Blair. I taught her everything she knows. Thanks to me she evolved from what she was to what she is today. And I do not wish to give away any of her strategy, but I can promise you that Brooklyn will be surprised at just how formidable my sister is; and I can also promise you that while I will be at ringside to support Blair in her wrestling debut, that I will not interfere in any way. Evolution is about survival of the fittest. And I want to see first hand if my sister can survive on her own with the new tools and resources I have gifted her with.

Blair smirks.

Blair: And I promise to make you proud, Melanie.

Melanie: I know you will.

Melanie leads Blair and Karen away. The scene fades.

===

Dexter: "Kelsai, what are you thoughts on your match up with a GCW legend Travis Vessey, with the winner receiving a shot in the scramble for the GCW Global Championship at Survival of the Fittest."

Kelsai: "Well, I think that about says it all don't you? When this match was first announced I did know who I would be facing. Then after finding out I was going to face Travis Vessey, yeah I became excited."

Dexter: "Excuse, did you say excited?"

Kelsai: "Absolutely Dexter. Travis Vessey is one of the best inside of that ring, and one that I have never faced before at that. Anytime you get face a legend for the first time, I think if you are not excited by the match, then it might be time for you to find another line of work."

Dexter: "While I can understand that you have to admit that you now have a serious roadblock to Survival of the Fittest."

Kelsai: "You are certainly right, but remember, I am trying to prove that I am one of the best, and one way to do that is by facing one of the best and beating them."

Dexter: "Is that a prediction for your match tonight, you are expecting to beat Travis Vessey?"

Kelsai: "I guess we will just need to find out won't we, Dexter?"

Dexter: Kelsai Adamson-Mason sounding very confident tonight. Let's head back to the ring!"

===

Global Championship Scramble Qualifier
Kelsai Adamson-Mason vs. Travis Vessey

[The secret is out! Travis Vessey is Kelsai’s opponent! Kelsai is formidable, having been a former International Champion, but Vessey has been a Global Champion before and knows what it takes to get to the big dance. This will be Kelsai’s biggest challenge to date. Kelsai was clearly up for it as she struck first with a few quick arm drags, a hip toss, and then a standing dropkick. Kelsai goes for an axe kick but Vessey catches the foot and snaps off a dragon screw, holds onto the leg, and applies a figure four. Kelsai reaches the ropes. Vessey with another dragon screw and then locks in an ankle lock. Kelsai still doesn’t quit and reaches the ropes after some struggle. With the pace slowed down Vessey takes over with a snap suplex and a snap tiger suplex. Vessey with a chop block and then another ankle lock. Kelsai reaches the ropes. Vessey goes for a German suplex but Kelsai breaks his grip with elbows to the side of his head. Kelsai with a snap ddt. Kelsai covers to get a two.]

[Kelsai measures Vessey and finally hits the axe kick she was looking for earlier but the work done on the leg has taken its toll and she cannot capitalize immediately. Instead Kelsai goes up top. Vessey is back to his feet and turns into a missile dropkick. Kelsai covers but Vessey kicks out just before the three. Kelsai with a roundhouse kick and then she goes up top and looks for The Double Shot but Vessey gets his knees up! Vessey with a snap tiger suplex and then a bridging German suplex...but Kelsai just barely kicks out! Vessey goes for Lethal Weapon but Kelsai avoids it and school boys him but Vessey kicks out just before the three. Kelsai with a spear taking Vessey down.]

[The crowd boos as Adrian Waters hits the ring. He starts jawing with the referee and Kelsai. Tiffany meanwhile slides in from behind and drops her with a ring bell shot to the back of the head! Tiffany exits discreetly and the referee saw none of it! Kelsai is flat on her back. Vessey saw nothing either, he just sees Kelsai down. He crawls into the cover...1...2...3!]
WINNER: Travis Vessey

[The crowd are booing Adrian and Tiffany as they celebrate their dirty deed. But their celebration ends when Tabitha Silverstone steps out onto the stage with microphone in hand.]

Silverstone: Do you two honestly believe that you will get away with this? You ruined Kelsai’s opportunity to possibly qualify for the Global Title Scramble. And as for Mr. Vessey, I am certain he would not have wanted to qualify this way.

[Adrian can be heard shouting “so what?!”]

Silverstone: I did consider scheduling a rematch. But instead I came up with a way to make this right AND punish you at the same time, Adrian. BOTH Travis Vessey AND Kelsai Adamson-Mason qualify for the Championship Scramble! This means that Kelsai will get another chance to get her revenge and that your chance of becoming Global Champion just decreased.

[Adrian and Tiffany are livid but the crowd cheers loudly.]

===

The show goes backstage where Livvie Nelson stands in what looks to be an expensive dress. Randall Williams stands with her, dressed in his in-ring attire. Livvie smiles to him and pats her hand on the X-Division Championship and then looks at the camera.

Livvie: You're gonna hear a lot of complaints from my opponent about the way she lost at Last Respects...

Randall clears his throat and Livvie smirks.

Livvie: Let me rephrase, you're gonna hear a lot of whining and crying from Ravioli about the way she lost at Last Respects. But let me just clear this up for her. She. Lost. It doesn't matter how you lose. It only matters IF you win. Ravioli has a lot to be thankful for. She was gifted a title match after an easy match against Playlist. And then she was granted the opportunity to share a ring with me in a ladder match. However, she lost. So why we're doing this match tonight? I have no idea. I'm sending out my man to take care of business tonight. I have other things to think about...

Livvie takes a moment and seems to be bothered by something. Randall puts his hand on her shoulder and gives it a squeeze. She sighs.

Livvie: GCW... they're trying to take my title.

There's a roar heard from the crowd inside the arena and Livvie shows her disgust to the reaction with a furrowed brow and a sour expression.

Livvie: You'd like that wouldn't you? You freaking idiots. You wouldn't know greatness if it smacked you in the face. I'm standing right here. This is as good as it gets ladies and gentleman. And they are trying to take this from you. I have often told you that this title would just be the beginning of my journey here at GCW. And that will ring true. I will succesfully defend this title, and when I go to Survival of the Fittest, I will win again. And then I will retire this X-Division Title and it will be attached to my name forever. After Survival of the Fittest, Livvie Nelson will be your International Champion. The next step in my journey in GCW.

The crowd steadily boos as Livvie looks at the title on her arm. She puts her palm on her title and smiles with her eyes closed.

Livvie: This title is special to me. More than any of you will ever understand. Because you're all losers and you'll never experience a moment like this. But also, because this has been the biggest moment in my career. But evolution is necessary, and no one will be able to stop this. So whether it's Ravioli, Playlist, or someone else... it doesn't make a difference. I WILL still be a champion after Survival of the Fittest.

Livvie turns and looks at Randall.

Livvie: As for tonight? It's time to let the big guy play.

Randall smiles at her and Livvie turns back with a devious glare into the camera.

===

Main Event
Rayola Divine vs. Randall Williams

[Right as the match starts, X Division Champion Livvie Nelson jumps on the apron and distracts Rayola. Randall takes advantage, knocking her down with a double sledge to the back. Randall with a belly to back suplex, a snap suplex, and a belly to belly overhead suplex. Randall with a rear chinlock. Rayola fights her way to her feet and Randall switches to a side headlock. Rayola breaks it with elbows to the gut. Rayola with a spinning clothesline and then a roundhouse kick. Randall scrambles back to his feet but walks right into a dropkick that sends him tumbling to the outside. Rayola goes for a plancha but Livvie pulls Randall out of the way. Rayola though saw the interference coming and adjusted to land on her feet on the apron. Rayola then with a springboard moonsault taking out Randall and Livvie. Rayola rolls Randall back into the ring. Rayola with a springboard dropkick taking down Randall. Rayola covers but Randall kicks out at two.]

[Rayola whips Randall into the corner. Rayola with a bronco buster. Rayola with a snap mare takedown and then connects with The Sunspot for a cover but Randall kicks out at two. Rayola measures Randall as he gets to his feet. She hits the ropes but Livvie trips her up. Rayola pulls her up and starts shouting with Livvie. The distraction is enough to allow Randall time to recover and snap off a quick release German suplex. Randall with a swinging neck breaker and then applies a neck vice. Rayola fights up to her feet. Randall changes to a side headlock. Rayola counters with a hip toss. Rayola with Needle and Thread taking Randall down again. Livvie hops back up onto the ring apron but is met by the Rayn-Bow from Rayola! Rayola then goes up to the top and connects with Divine Ray onto Randall Williams! The cover...1...2...3!]
WINNER: Rayola Divine

[Despite the efforts and attempts of the X Division Champion, her nemesis Rayola Divine was able to best Randall Williams. Randall slowly rolls out of the ring where he is helped up by Livvie. Rayola stares a hole right through Nelson who taunts Divine by holding up her championship belt.]