For Glory & Gold 2016

admin
Site Admin

For Glory & Gold 2016

Post by admin » Sun May 29, 2016 2:06 pm

For Glory & Gold - May 28, 2016 (Wembley Arena, London, England)

(The first few chords of “Always” by Saliva begins to play.)

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

(We cut to the Wembley Arena in London, England where we see thousands upon thousands of screaming fans.)

North American #1 Contendership
Derek Powers vs. Caitlyn Perry vs. Kevin Edwards

[Edwards and Powers were more intent to brawl and that hurt Perry’s chances as she, the lighter high flyer took a lot of abuse early on. Powers hit The Absolute Best Finisher on Edwards and was about to go for a cover but Perry stopped him with a Perrycinrana. Caitlyn picked up the pace with a series of high flying moves taking out both men. Caitlyn connected with a Perry Plunge on Powers but then Edwards dropped her with The Milling. Edwards and Powers continued to brawl as Perry attempted to recover. Edwards hit a Milling on Powers but then Perry came off the top and hit a Sparks Fly for a cover and a three.]

WINNER: Caitlyn Perry

Chelsea: You know… this is absolute crap…

[Chelsea Summers of Sedona Sky says this as the scene fades in on her and her tag team partner, Andrea Hernandez.]

Chelsea: It’s a big night, Pay-Per-View and all… and neither of us are anywhere to be found on the card and yet, stiffs like Jay Pride and the Golden Era are wrestling tonight? Come on! We took the Lethal Marksmen and we made them famous for one night and now we can’t even buy a match? How does this make sense? I was SO looking forward to wrestling on PAID television for the first time but that’s going to have to wait ANOTHER three months? UGH!

Andrea: It’s not ALL bad, Chels. After all, we have made a bit of noise lately. We’re just barely getting started! You don’t need to fret!

Chelsea: How in the hell can I become a big Emmy-award winning TV star when I’m not wrestling on the big money events, huh? Explain that to me, Andi!

Andrea: Oh god…

[Even Andrea is a bit annoyed with the obnoxious behavior of her own best friend.]

Andrea: I get it. And believe me, I’d love to be wrestling tonight as well but at the end of the day, we’re all together again for the first time since draft night and shouldn’t THAT be important? There’s still so much we can do.

Chelsea: I suppose…

Myra: Alright you two, I think I’ve heard just about enough…

[the crowd boos as Myra Lynwood appears on the scene to talk to both of her proteges. She doesn’t appear to be in the best of moods especially considering what she dealt with coming into the For Glory and Gold event.]

Myra: You’re both great and all, but I think you should both see that this night isn’t about you two. Adrian and I both have matches going on and Andi has it nailed as close as to the nose as you’re going to get. Yes, we are ALL together again and as wonderful as that is, we need to make sure that we do anything we can so Adrian and I can walk out winners. Adrian has been doing quite the swell job over on Shotgun and there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s going to finish off Jay Pride and that lunatic MORON known as… help me out….

Andrea: Matty Graves?

Myra: Right. Him. Speaking of him, I actually have a job for you girls tonight. CLEARLY, Adrian is going out there with a huge disadvantage. Clarissa might be out there, but she may not be fully healthy just yet. Matty can certainly overpower her. That’s where you two come in. Simple job, ladies. Neutralize him and make sure that Adrian gets that win and silences Jay Pride once and for all!

Andrea: You know I’m down with that, Myra!

Chelsea: Really?

Myra: Is there a problem?

Chelsea: Not really… it’s just… Pride and Graves are so BORING! I’m going to lose my on-screen shine being anywhere near them. Can’t we help with your match later tonight against Jazmyn instead?

Andrea: Chels… GOD!

[Myra is not amused.]

Myra: Do I need to remind you what happened to you the last time you were anywhere near Jazmyn? Hmm?

[Chelsea says nothing.]

Myra: That’s what I thought. Now, you two have to make sure that Jay Pride doesn’t leave London with a win, at any and ALL costs, am I clear?

[They both nod.]

Myra: Now… as far as my match with Jazmyn later tonight is concerned…. GOD, I SO wish that she would have taken up my offer to take Nero out of the equation. I’m sure that everything is going to turn out just fine. Jazmyn is FAR too distracted to even pull through this match considering she’s done nothing but make herself the VICTIM for the last two months. That’s fine! Tonight, I’m going to put her out of her misery. Nero? If he gets involved again…. No… there’s no way… not again. If he does, he’ll not only have YOU TWO to deal with again, but Adrian is here as well. So, you two need not worry about my match. I got it and once I put Jaz out of her misery…. I have a Global Championship to hunt down and win…

[Myra takes a deep, albeit angry, breath.]

Myra: I’m counting on you two to pull through, because I know Adrian and I will do just that tonight.

[With that being said, Myra leaves the locker room and leaves her proteges talking among themselves.]

Chelsea: She’s in a nasty mood….

Andrea: Well… I can’t blame her, honestly. Not after what happened in Copenhagen.

Chelsea: ...oh…. Right…

[The two glance at each other for a few seconds before talking to each other a little further about how they’re going to carry out the Utopia agenda tonight as the scene fades to black.]

In the lull between matches, a beat starts up to fill the void...

...it's that of Ladytron's "Destroy Everything You Touch"! Shock crescendoes through the crowd along with the synth intro, and when the song proper blasts in, a wall of noise goes up to meet it as the fans all rise and scramble to see past each other. Sure enough, out onto the stage, with her arms spread and a smirk adorning her face, strides the one and only Laurel Anne Hardy. Her flamboyance evidently hasn't diminished any since we last saw her, given her outfit consisting of a silver three-piece suit, ruffled blouse, holographic pussy bowtie with lime green and hot pink highlights, and a long, feathered cape in the same colour combination.

She slaps outstretched hands as she makes her way to the ring, then climbs in and takes a mic. After pausing a moment to let the noise subside, she raises it and says:

Laurel: Long time no see, huh?

The swell rises again, and she again lets it clear a bit, smiling all the while.

Laurel: I was a bit worried you might not remember me.

More noise goes up, to indicate that Laurel is wrong about that.

Laurel: Well, I just thought...

She shrugs.

Laurel: Since, y'know, we had the GCW Awards for 2015 at Ressurection not too long ago, an' not to take anything away from all of the very worthy nominees of course, but one name in particular felt notable by its absence...

She doesn't bother naming the name. You know who she's talking about.

Laurel: Now I appreciate I've been away for a little while, but even so, goin' from being voted Most Popular Wrestler at last year's awards to not a single - oh, sorry, one nomination. One nomination, for a match I felt extremely artistically dissatisfied with, as part of a best-of-seven series I'd... preeeetty much already come to hate two matches in.

Hardy shrugs.

Laurel: Perhaps I ought to remind the world just who is still the reigning Best of the Best winner?

She points to herself.

Laurel: That would be yours truly. But since there seems to be a bout of amnesia goin' around that's wiped everyone's memories of why I'm known as The Five Star Match Machine, I guess maybe I need to do a little reminding. Now, I ain't out here to lay claim to any titles, to declare dominion, or even to promise that this year's Best of the Best tournament is gonna see the same winner crowned as last year's. I don't particularly care 'bout any of that. Nah. I'm out here with an offer for the GCW roster; the entire roster, Livewire and Shotgun...

That smirk flashes back across her face.

Laurel: What I want is history. What I'm back for isn't to claim this as my house... because everyone already knows that any wrestling ring I step into is automatically my house, an' I don't need any gold to prove that. What I'm back for is this: an opportunity goin' out to every wrestler contracted to GCW. Do you want a chance to prove what you can do - show the world why you're bein' overlooked? Is there a match type you've always wanted to be in but the stars have never aligned right yet?

She taps herself on the breastplate.

Laurel: I'll change that. You wanna be famous? You want a five star match under your belt? You come see me. I'm not here to compete. I'm here to express, to amaze, to share, to give. To everyone in GCW - make me an offer. You come up with an interesting enough match to catch my attention, and I will go with you every step of the way to leave another all-time classic in this ring. My door is open.

The fans roar in approval.

Laurel: Help me help you, artists of GCW. Let's set the world on fire!

She throws the mic up in the air, beaming as the fans erupt. "Destroy Everything You Touch" hits again and Laurel rolls out of the ring, taking time as she exits the auditorium to interact with as many fans as possible.

Marie Jones vs. Anastasia Jones

[Marie was like a house of fire on Anastasia, taking the fight to her like a woman possessed. Anastasia tried to get away several times but Marie kept pulling her back to the ring. Anastasia then caught her off guard with a drop toe hold onto the steel steps. Anastasia proceeded to use submission holds working over the arm and shoulder of Marie. This went on for nearly ten minutes as Marie took a lot of abuse. Anastasia locked in a crippler crossface. Marie managed to reverse it into a pinning combination, forcing Anastasia to break. Anastasia went for a super kick but Marie caught the foot, spun her around, and dropped her with Ave Maria. Marie covered and secured the pin.]

WINNER: Marie Jones

Backstage…

Amelia Robson can be seen sitting in her locker-room, the GCW World Championship beside her, as she fastens her knee brace. As she sits there, Vanessa Jones enters into the scene.

Jones: Thought I’d find you here, Champ!

Amelia looks up, smiling.

Robson: Nowhere else for me to be. How are you doing?

Jones: Good. Sore, but good. I’ve really been learning a lot at Ante Up… as well as from Kayla… Angelica… Marie…

Amelia chuckles.

Robson: Yeah, I’m sure you’ve got an army of Joneses helping you learn the business.

Jones: Well, it is in our blood, but I think everyone knows that I wouldn’t be near where I am without you.

Robson: Shucks…

Jones: No… it’s true. And it’s not just me. There are women all around the world who are watching GCW who never really felt like they had someone to really look up to. They have their favourites who they cheer for, but you were really the first one who inspired them, who showed them what was right and stood by your convictions, never wavering. As far as we are concerned, any wrestling company in the world looking to market someone as “the face” needs only to look as far as you. You are a true franchise player.

Robson: You’re going to make me cry, you know that?

Vanessa suddenly gets defensive.

Jones: Oh no! Don’t do that! You have a big title defence coming up. I’m sorry if I threw you off…

Robson: No… don’t apologize. It’s not every day a woman hears about how inspiring she is.

Jones: You ARE the Champ… because you deserve it and you earned it. And whether or not the title leaves with you tonight, no one will take away from your impact.

Robson: Well tonight, I’m going to make a definite impact… just you wait and see.

Amelia winks and our scene fades.

[For Glory and Gold fades into Jazmyn Rain walking down the hallway to some raucous cheers from the fans in London. However, Jazmyn herself isn’t quite cheery as she tries to get to the locker room as fast as she can. Having been through a lot in the last two months, she’s been able to have her moments, but her body language indicates that it’s taken somewhat of a toll on her. Things are about to get a bit interesting with Janice King appearing on the scene.]

Janice: Jazmyn, hey. I wanted to get a quick word with you.

[Jazmyn stops walking, though she appears to show some reluctance in doing so.]

Jazmyn: Yes?

Janice: What’s wrong, Jaz? A couple of weeks ago on Livewire, you were able to be part of a big six person tag team victory and now you have a chance to get some vengeance against Myra Lynwood later tonight after everything she’s been putting you through as of late.

Jazmyn: You’re not interested in hearing about any of it, surely.

Janice: The fans certainly are.

Jazmyn: Fine. You want to know? I’m not in the best mood today. It has nothing to do with the last Livewire, and it really doesn’t have much to do with Myra Lynwood. What’s been bothering me is the fact that I wanted to get my revenge against Nero BEFORE I dealt with Myra and what has happened? He interfered and cost me my handicap match, albeit by disqualification, against Myra and her two rookie proteges. He rejected my challenge even though HE would get to pick the hardcore stipulation. And now he disappeared before I ever got my chance to get my revenge on him so how in the world can I be focused on Myra tonight, knowing that I FAILED to take care of him?

Janice: Honestly, it’s not really a failure when he disappeared like a coward, you know what I’m saying?

Jazmyn: I suppose you’re right. But for a long time, ever since he initially declined the challenge that I made, I’ve been racking my brain, trying to think of a way to get him to say “yes” to this challenge. I am so disgusted to admit this, but he’s never going to try and hurt me.

Janice: But he hurt you at Resurrection…

[The mere mention of the event causes Jazmyn to wince in a brief, fleeting moment of psychic pain.]

Jazmyn: He did. I’ve figured out the puzzle, Janice. He’s not accepting my challenge, because he has nothing to gain out of trying to hurt me. At Resurrection? What he had to gain was my attention. He got that. That’s why he put me through the most depressing, most heartbreaking and most painful moment in my entire career. But I know what he wants and he’s not going to accept my challenge if he has nothing to gain out of it… so that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to give him a potential gain.

Janice: Where are you going with this, Jazmyn?

Jazmyn: The challenge is STILL out there. ANY hardcore match that he wants. If I win, I gain my revenge and he’s out of my life for good. That’s been the obvious plan for so long. But, I’m going to add something to this challenge, and Nero… I hope he’s watching this somewhere… but at this point, I’m SO desperate to get my revenge, I’ll do ANYTHING… Janice… ANYTHING… to get it and at this point, what I’m about to do is the only way… I’m going to put everything on the line.

[Jazmyn pauses, almost as a bit of final hesitation to reassure herself that what she’s about to do is the right thing.]

Jazmyn: If he takes my challenge… ANY hardcore match he wants, next Livewire, by the way… and if he beats me… I… I… I’m all his…

[Janice’s eyes widen, stunned at what she just heard.]

Jazmyn: If he takes my challenge, and he beats me… I’ll be his queen. I’ll do whatever he wants. I’ll marry him. I will no longer put up ANY resistance to what he wants me to be. I am putting MY ENTIRE WORLD on the line, Janice… and I know this is insane… but I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t believe in myself and the destiny of the true happiness I’ve been trying to find my entire life… so… there you go. If he faces me, if he beats me, I’ll marry him and I’m all his. Simple as that. I HOPE he gives an answer. For now… I have Myra to focus on. The fact that I didn’t take care of Nero before I faced her doesn’t change the fact that I have business to take care of.

[Jazmyn keeps walking down the hallway without taking another question or another word. Janice still stands stunned by the announcement Jazmyn just made, trying to soak it all in as the scene fades.]

Backstage, in front of a "For Glory and Gold" backdrop, Janice King stands next to Adrian Waters, who is in his wrestling tights and a warm-up jacket. Janice smiles into the camera.

Janice: "Coming up will be a two out of three falls match, pitting Adrian Waters against Jay Pride…a match that has been brewing since Civil War. Adrian, what does this match mean to you?"

Adrian doesn't even give King a glance, but smirks into the camera.

Adrian: "By now, everyone who follows GCW knows the story of how Jay robbed the wrestling world of a rising star back in 2012…out of pure jealousy. The thing is…I defeated Jay at Resurrection. Why do I have to prove anything?"

Janice: "Well…"

Adrian: "Hush. Stand there and look pretty, Ms. King. Pure Genius is speaking now."

King frowns but doesn't say a word.

Adrian: "The reason is that all these 'traditionalists' don't get it. They claim I robbed Jay. No, you sheep, I did no such thing. I outsmarted Jay is what I did. Jay may have loads of wrestling talent and charisma, but one thing he doesn't have…he doesn't have the intelligence that I possess. What matters is that, after the match was over and the bell was rung, it was my arm that was raised in victory…not Jay's. I was the better wrestler that night, just like I've always been against Jay Pride. He knew it the first time he met me. Tonight, Jay gets another chance because all of these traditionalists won't be happy until they get the outcome they want to see. Well, I have news for all of you traditionalists…it's not going to happen the way you want it to. I have a plan tonight that will ensure victory…because I am 'Pure Genius'…and Jay is…well, not."

Janice: "Will Clarissa be in your corner tonight? She went through quite the ordeal at the last Shotgun…and well, she's not here right now."

Adrian: "In case you have forgotten, I am not Clarissa's only charge. She tends to all of The Utopia. Rest assured, though…Ms. Vega will be in my corner tonight; and, I will be that much better because she will be there. Tonight, I will put Jay Pride behind me once and for all. It's pure genius."

The Horsemen (Cassidy Carter and Ezio) vs The Golden Era (Neil Newman and Kyle Butler)
[Newman and Butler dominate the early going against The Horsemen duo of Carter and Ezio. They tag in and out quickly, isolating Ezio. Cassidy gets in a cheap shot allowing Ezio to tag out. The tables turn as The Horsemen proceed to isolate Kyle Butler, making quick tags in and out. Kyle fights back and then the pace picks up as Neil and Kyle go toe to toe with Carter and Ezio, going blow for blow. Cassidy and Kyle end up on the outside, leaving Neil alone with Ezio. Neil connects with a Newman-Plex to score the pin fall victory.]
WINNERS: Golden Era

Myra: I don’t understand, Clarissa…

[The fans boo as Myra speaks these words, the scene fading in on Myra sitting in a chair across from Clarissa Vega, returning to television after what she dealt with on Shotgun. Myra shakes her head as she tries to vent out some final thoughts to her before her match coming up in a few moments.

Myra: This just wasn’t supposed to end like this. Not after all these years! I never imagined that this would even end AT ALL let alone in this fashion.Damn it, we were five years old when we met. I remember on the first day of school, she was sitting down on a table, coloring something with a green crayon while I was minding my own business making my own paper money. I remember her face from where I was at. She broke her crayon and the look on her face…. Oh god…. She looked like she was going to cry and I gave her my green crayon and she was happy again… and then we met, we became friends, the rest is history….

Clarissa: Wow. I didn’t think something like that could stick with you so much to the point where your memory of it is so vivid you can remember it in such detail.

Myra: Sometimes I wonder, Clarissa… what if I never gave her my green crayon? We would have NEVER met. Well, we were classmates, so maybe we would have but we almost certainly wouldn’t have become friends. My childhood years would have been so much different without her and in hindsight, probably so much better too.

Clarissa: Are you sure about that?

Myra: What are you saying?

Clarissa: Listen. I hate Jazmyn as much as anyone else that couldn’t stand her would, but whether you like her or not, she did make somewhat of a difference in your life. She DID help you pull through some harsh times with your father after all. And remember when you were a rookie wrestler in the mainstream when she was the only one that ever believed in you and that ended up being the big turning point? Remember the tag team title reign you two had at one time? You were onto something, Myra, when you wanted her to join you to take out Nero and you were ESPECIALLY onto something when you wanted to have Jazmyn be a member of Utopia and have you both be world champions of both brands. Deep down, you don’t want to destroy Jazmyn. You said it on the last Livewire. You want the two of you to be one again.

Myra: Damn it, you’re right. I don’t understand why Jazmyn plays the victim, after everything that I’ve ever done for her. Who protected her in high school from bullies? ME! Who made it possible for her to go to college? ME! Okay, my dad paid for her tuition, but I persuaded him to do it. Who trained her to be a wrestler? ME! Who came to GCW in the first place to help her neutralize Ginger Nation? ME!!!!! Who reached out to help her deal with her Apocalypse problem whereas the likes of High Voltage and Timothy Myers never did? Me…. me…. ME!!!!!!!! Everything I’ve ever done for her and SHE is the victim? When SHE was the one that abandoned me years ago to go be a singles star while I was injured? Not to mention that while I was struggling to come back from injuries, where was she? Fucking off, doing coke and screaming “IT’S A CONSPIRACY! IT’S A CONSPIRACY!” SHE’S the victim? UGH!!! All her whining and crying about all the things she dislikes about her life… I’m SO SICK OF IT!

Clarissa: And they call YOU the manipulator? Holy crap! She has always been ungrateful to anyone and everyone that has ever tried to help her which makes her rejection of Nero all the more hilarious. But nonetheless, Myra, this is it! You finally get to take the quarter century of nonsense and you finally get to bury it through the ground and move on with what WE need to do in order to achieve what we set out to do. I promise you, both you and Adrian ARE going to be world champions and tonight is going to be a massive step toward that. Things may have been rough lately, but I’m still believing!

Myra: Thanks… I needed that…

[Myra stands up and sighs, taking a bit of a load off of herself.]

Myra: I needed that more than you could ever know…

Clarissa: Finish this… and we can get back on track with bringing the Global title to Utopia…

Myra: That’s precisely what I have in mind…

[Myra turns around and leaves the scene, the fans continuing to boo her as the scene cuts out.]

We catch up with Jay Pride backstage, and the British fans pop for their native son. He's sitting on a folding chair against a corridor wall with a towel around his neck and a plain grey T-shirt beneath it, but those garments aside, he's already dressed in his ring gear for his huge two out of three falls match later tonight against Adrian Waters. He looks up and begins to speak.

Jay: A few years ago, a young man walked through the door of the gym I owned in New York State. A promising, talented wrestler who wanted me to train him up further. Only... he didn't so much ask. He demanded. He made it clear that he felt being the best was his natural right. He didn't want to earn anything. He didn't want to learn anything. He wanted to be given.

Shrug.

Jay: And so I turned him down.

The Scotsman rubs his face.

Jay: Adrian... you were a total bastard back then. A selfish, arrogant prick who thought he knew everything. And you know what? So was I. Back then I was the guy jumping people backstage. Attacking authority figures if I didnae get my way. Even manipulating a naive but tremendous young prodigy by the name of Leanne Evangelista into helping me get what I wanted.

He gives a small, enigmnatic half-smile.

Jay: I was a right cunt. But you know the difference between you an' me, Adrian? I changed. I renounced the sneak attacks an' manipulation. I like to think I changed for the better. I could point to the fact that only after I changed my ways did I become a World Heavyweight Champion but more than that, I have respect. I have the respect of the wrestling world because I try to stand up for what's right... I try to do things the right way. I don't want to be that person I used to be, Adrian. Not anymore. Because I know that part of me is still in there somewhere, buried deep down. That's where I'm keeping it. I look at Evangelista, at the setbacks she's suffered - injuries, so often coming in second place, falling agonisingly short of the greatness that she has within her - an' I can't help but wonder if it's all my fault. The guilt eats me alive, Adrian.

He sits up, leaning back against the wall.

Jay: A week from now I face another naive, tremendous young prodigy by the name of Anastasia Starling. This kid, Adrian, she's a once in a generation talent. She's green right now but she is going to be HUGE one day. And she deserves better than to face the man I used to be. She deserves to face the man I am now, the man I've become. I won't let you turn me back into the old Jay, Adrian. I can't. All the mind games, all the insults an' sneak attacks you've pulled on me in the last few months... this is why I've tried my damndest to turn the other cheek. A new generation look up to me, an' I need to be someone who's worthy of that.

He swallows.

Jay: I carry a huge, huge share of burdens of my own, Adrian. Burdens I'll never be free of. I deserve to carry them for my entire life for the things I've done. They weigh me down, Adrian. I don't need yours as well. Take responsibility for your own burdens and stop projecting them onto me. You want to be the megastar we both know you're capable of be? Step one isn't taking me out, mate. It's looking in the mirror with clear eyes. Now if you'll excuse me...

Jay stands.

No Disqualification
Lester Sampson vs. Kurt Logan

[Lester dominates the majority of the match with his power-based offense. Power slams, delayed vertical suplexes, and spine busters galore and yet none of them seem to keep Kurt down as he keeps kicking out. Kurt starts to fight back with martial arts kicks and a spear. Kurt with a snap suplex and a Death By Design. He locks in the Gordian Knot but Lester fights out of it. Kurt hits Logan’s Run. He b rings in a steel chair and blasts Lester with it. He then sets him up for a Splitting Headache but Lester back drops out of it, sending Kurt onto the chair. Lester with a spinning spine buster on the chair. Lester with The End Times on Kurt. He covers but Matt Alan pulls out the referee just before the three.]

[Lester looks shocked...and then very, VERY pissed. Lester goes out after Matt Alan... only he suddenly gets ambushed by Glory Braddock, Derek Powers, Caitlyn Perry and Sophie and Mark O’Brian of Total War. Lester attempts to fight back, but they overwhelm him rather quickly. They throw him back into the ring before sliding in as well. Derek Powers connects with The Absolute Best Finisher on Lester. Sophie and Mark hoist the big man up and drop him with Sudden Jolt. Glory Braddock drops Lester with Glorification and then Caitlyn Perry comes off with Making An Impact. Kurt goes for the cover... and Lester barely kicks out.]

[Kurt looks astonished... then Kurt tells them to get something from under the ring. Sophie and Mark goes out and pull some cement blocks out and push them into the ring. Lester starts fighting back, actually gaining the upper hand as he clotheslines Caitlyn, spears Derek, and drops Kurt with a big boot. Lester lays eyes on Glory... but then Steve Powers gets up from the announce table, slides into the ring and maces Lester! Kurt hits him with a pair of brass knuckles. Sophie and Mark place Lester’s head on the cement blocks and Kurt climbs to the top... then drops the elbow on Lester, driving Lester’s head through them and crushing the cement blocks. Finally, Kurt puts a foot on Sampson’s chest and gets the three. The new alliance of Glory, Kurt, Matt, Caitlyn Perry, Derek Powers, Steve Powers, and Total War celebrate.]

WINNER: Kurt Logan

[For Glory and Gold cuts to the hallway and the fans cheer as they see Victoria Salinas sitting on a crate, but looking like she’s in better spirits than she’s been lately. Surely, she’s thinking about the tag team title match that is later on tonight but she’s thinking about it in a good way from the looks of things. However, through all of her deep thinking, she’s about to realize in a few seconds that she’s not exactly alone.]

Voice: You know, I’ve been wondering…

[Victoria turns to her left to see her boyfriend Axl Austin standing next to her.]

Axl: We’ve talked about this whole tag title thing a few times before, when the cameras aren’t rolling, you know? Every single time, you said “no” to it, for understandable reasons. But still, I find it kind of funny that you’re going for the tag titles with Kayla Jones tonight and you seem to be okay with it.

Victoria: Really? Of all nights to have this conversation?

[Axl laughs for a bit before he responds.]

Axl: I’m just being the asshole you know and love, no need to worry about that.

Victoria: Figured. Plus, this is probably where I should mention that Tiffany Manning stuck us together. This wasn’t some sudden thing where Kayla and I looked at each other and went “HEY, LET’S GO FOR THE TAG TITLES” especially in light of everything that had happened leading up to that. Besides, a title opportunity IS a title opportunity and there’s no reason why I would reject this, even if I was bit skeptical at first and had a bit of a “May Day” confidence meltdown when the calendar turned to this month. It’s all behind me now. I’m damn focused on what’s ahead of me, for sure.

Axl: That’s great! I’m glad that you’re seeing the bright side of this. But, I still find the whole thing funny…

[Victoria just rolls her eyes and tries to laugh.]

Victoria: You don’t take a damn thing seriously, do you?

Axl: Sex…

Victoria: Figures.

Axl: Still, of all the people you could potentially win the tag team titles with for the first time. Obviously, I was imagining the two of us winning them together. I could definitely see you winning a tag team championship with the likes of Marina Valdivia, Jazmyn Rain, Casey Holliday and even “she-who-shall-not-be-named”, but Kayla Jones? I can’t see it Vix, and it has nothing to do with your abilities, I just can’t. You two are a thrown-together team. The others are quite well-oiled machines, actually.

Victoria: And you’re acting like I DON’T know that. Okay.

Axl: Braddock and Avery have been teaming together for what seems like an eternity.

Victoria: Yeah. And?

Axl: Hannah and Destiny get along great and they’ve actually teamed together in tag matches, you know?

Victoria: Cool. And?!?!

Axl: Christy and Travis, you know this personally, are tough customers as champions, especially when you have the self-proclaimed ‘best manager in wrestling’ by their side.

Victoria: Clarissa? Since when were Sedona Sky added to this thing.

Axl: No, not Clarissa. That other chick. What’s her name again?

Victoria: Not important. So you mention all this… AND?!?!?!?

Axl: Can you really trust Kayla Jones in light of everything that’s happened with her in the past AND what you’re both going up against?

Victoria: If it was you and I tonight, you wouldn’t be worrying about this at all.

Axl: And that’s where my point lies for the most part.

Voice: Interesting conversation I’ve been listening to almost from the jump…

[Victoria and Axl are both surprised by the sudden appearance of Victoria’s former manager Julia Rivera.]

Victoria: Julia? What brings you here?

Julia: Come on, did you really think I was going to miss this? You have a chance to once again make HISTORY tonight. NO WAY I was missing this. Sounds like you two were talking about whether or not you could trust Kayla? Here’s my take on that. Kayla Jones… great wrestler…. But as we’ve seen before, she has a HUGE ego problem.

Victoria: No shit!

Julia: Vicky, be quiet. You have one too. What I am getting at is, you combine two big egos that HATE losing and that have a high self-standard of excellence. You put THAT together, you have the highest motivation. ALSO, you have two people that will avoid ANYTHING to lose and do you really think Kayla and her big ego is going to want to screw you over? NO! She’s not going to do that because her ego is too big to screw you. Just off of THAT, you should trust her.

Axl: ….well that’s a fucked up way to put it….

Julia: Axl, with all due respect, I think Vicky and I need to finish this conversation somewhere else. This is serious stuff here.

Victoria: Um… yeah… sure…

[Axl shrugs, not bothered by this.]

Axl: Fair enough. Best of luck Vicky! I know you’ll do great!

Julia: Now then, let’s talk about how important this match really SHOULD be for you…

[Julia and Victoria walk in one direction and Axl in the other leaving the fans curious as to what else is going to come out of this conversation as the scene ends up fading at that point.]

2 out of 3 Falls
Jay Pride vs Adrian Waters

Pride and Waters met in the center of the ring, where Adrian tried to taunt Pride, who would not take the bait. Adrian poked a finger into Pride's chest, but Jay still did nothing. Finally, Adrian shoved Pride, who retaliated with a swing that made contact with the side of Adrian's head, causing the London crowd to pop wildly for their hometown Jay Pride. Pride controlled the next three minutes of this match, getting two near falls, but Waters would not go down that easily. Pride hit a verticle suplex, a lariot, then locked Adrian in a sleeper hold.

On the floor, where Matty graves was cheering Jay on, Clarissa waved at Graves, who gave her a perplexed look…when Sidona Sky attacked him from behind, throwing graves into the ring barracade, before laying Graves out with a spiked DDT on the floor. Hernandez and Summers disappeared back into the crowd, but this extra-curricular activity distracted Jay, who let up on the sleeper just enough that Adrian was able to hit him with an elbow to the gut, breaking the hold. Pride dropped Adrian with a clothesline, then slid under the bottom rope and went to check on Matty. Graves was sitting up, although he looked out of it. Jay summoned over a medical crew before patting Graves on the shoulder and running back to the ring to beat the ten count. Waters was waiting on Jay, catching him with a low blow before slingshot suplexing him back inside the ring, where he went for a pin…but only got a two count.

The next few minutes were back and forth. Adrian went to the top rope for the "Super Smart Elbow"…but Jay rushed the corner and superplexed Adrian to the center of the ring. Neither man moved, prompting the referee to start a double countout. Waters got to his hands and knees, crawling over to where Clarissa was standing. Pride was starting to stir now, and Clarissa handed Waters a set of brass knuckles, which he slipped on his hand. As Pride started towards Waters, Adrian turned and clocked Jay in the jaw, knocking Jay to the mat. Adrian, not even trying to conceal the foreign object, started to beat Jay mercilessly, prompting the referee to call for the bell.

Lee: "Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the first fall, by disqualification…Jay Pride!"

Waters continued to punch Jay with the knucks until the official threatened to disqualify him again, awarding the match to Pride. Adrian stood, the fans booing, and the referee immediately pried the knucks off of him. Adrian went to the corner to speak with a smiling Vega while the referee checked on Jay. Pride was bloody, but slowly getting to his feet. He and the ref spoke a bit, and after a shrug, the official called for the bell to start the second fall.

Adrian immediately went after Jay, slamming Jay's face off of the top turnbuckle before throwing a few forearms into Jay. Pride responded with several punches of his own that staggered Adrian back, but Waters countered with a superkick that dropped Jay to the canvas. Adrian dropped a knee across Jay's head, then hit "Use Your Head" (a tombstone piledriver). Pride could not recover from the piledriver that followed a brutal beating with brass knuckles, and the second fall went to Waters.

Lee: "The winner of the second fall, by pinfall…Adrian Waters!"

The London crowd jeered Waters and started throwing trash in his direction. Vega shouted back at the fans. Inside the ring, Adrian still had Jay down on his back and was shouting for the ref to cover Jay again, but the official shouted at Waters to get in his own corner. After a minute of this, Waters finally relented. Again, the ref asked Jay if he wanted to continue…and again, Jay did. He got to his feet and the bell was rung to start the final fall.

As before, Adrian rushed Pride at the bell. Jay was prepared this time, but Waters still was able to get the upperhand on a clearly injured Pride, hitting a back elbow before slamming Jay's face off of the top turnbuckle several times before drilling Jay to the canvas with a brainbuster. Adrian went for the pin, not even bothering to hook a leg…but Pride shocked everyone at Wembly by kicking out just before the 3 count.

Waters was surprised, but not discouraged. He stomped Pride several times, then lifted him for a pile driver, but Jay blocked the attempt, countering with a back-body drop that had the crowd chanting his name. Jay with a couple of drop kicks and a headlock takeover was now in control of the contest and would be for the next five minutes until he hit a full nelson slam and went for a cover. This time, Adrian kicked out. With the crowd firmly behind him now, Jay went for his primary finisher, "Pride Eater" (Over-the-shoulder sitout belly to belly piledriver)…but Adrian was able to block the move, countering with a thumb to Jay's eye and a reverse neckbreaker. Adrian went for a pin, but again, it was not to be. Adrian hoisted himself up to the middle turnbuckle and dove off with a "Smart Elbow" to Jay's head. Another cover, and another kickout.

Adrian rolled out of the ring for a consult with Clarissa, who slipped a foreign object into his elbow pad. Satisfied, Adrian climbed up to the top turnbuckle and dove off with a "Super Smart Elbow"…but Jay rolled out of the way at the last possible moment!

Both men were down and the referee started a ten count. Adrian was in a lot of pain clutching his elbow, while Pride was slow to rise himself due to the punishment he had endured. Pride was up a moment before Adrian, but when Adrian charged at Jay, Pride grabbed Adrian's injured right elbow and locked in the Bicep Slicer! Waters fought for nearly a minute, but being nowhere near the ropes, he was finally forced to tap out.

Lee: "Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the third fall and the match…Jay Pride!"

The referee raised Jay's arm in victory as Jay smiled out at the cheering crowd, and we fade away from the ring.

[Minutes before she’s scheduled to face Myra Lynwood, Jazmyn Rain is in the catering area, ready to compete as she gives some final thoughts going into what is arguably the most personal match she’s ever going to face.]

Jazmyn: Just need to focus… Myra is who she is for a reason. There’s no denying that. But with all that’s happened to me in the last two months, I’m just not sure if I can. UGH! Why does everything have to be so damn difficult? By the grace of God, therapy and medicine, I have been able to go quite a while without having one of those episodes. I hope I won’t need to have one tonight… I really do!

Voice: I think the episodes should be the least of your problems…

[Jazmyn looks over her shoulder to see her father standing nearby.]

Jazmyn: Dad?

[She turns toward him, somewhat started by his presence.]

Jazmyn: What are you doing here?

Jazmyn’s father: Backstage passes for everyone. I couldn’t miss you finally putting that bitch behind you for anything. I remember telling you, whenever you’d come up to visit during the summers, that Myra was never any good for you. For some reason, you still wanted to be friends with her and eventually, she showed her true colors. I’m not going to criticize you for sticking with her all these years. But I knew something like this was inevitable as the years went by. You never liked Myra having that type of personality that she does, yet you stuck with her. Mark of a true friend right there! The fact that you still have somewhat of a heart for her even after all this just further puts the icing on the cake. You’ve got a beautiful heart, Jazmyn. Maybe to your own detriment, admittedly, but don’t let anyone take that away from you.

Jazmyn: Coming from you, that means everything especially since so many of my peers see me for having these ‘mental issues’ and nothing beyond that. I’ll take care of her tonight. I KNOW I can beat her. I’ve done it before! My first Global title defense was against her too! And then I’m going to get my revenge for Resurrection against Nero and…

[Jazmyn doesn’t say another word as her father raises a hand.]

Jazmyn’s father: Hold it right there. Jazmyn, I saw what you said earlier tonight. Are you SURE about this? You’re risking… well… EVERYTHING. You’re risking your pride, your worth, your self-esteem, your dignity.... The guy’s basically three times your size and two feet taller than you.

Jazmyn: Dad… it’s the only way. You have to trust me on this one.

Jazmyn’s father: I DO trust you. It’s just… what if you lose and you end up having to marry him? You’ll never live a normal life again. You know he’ll never let you see me or your siblings again. All your friends? All your fans? He’ll take those away from you too. You know I could NEVER support a marriage like this. I’ll always love you, and I hate to say this… but if you end up having to marry him… I’m going to have to cut you off.

Jazmyn: Dad… no…

Jazmyn’s father: I’m sorry. Your siblings feel the same way. I would hate to have to do that, and believe me, it PAINS me to think of the possibility that I’d have to do that. But to be honest with you… Jazmyn.... I would rather see you in an urn or in a casket, dead, than see you be his “queen”. If you really go through with this, Jazmyn, your world isn’t the only thing on the line… it’s your family too.

Jazmyn: I can do this! I WILL do this! I promise you that if I go through with this, that ‘possibility’ isn’t anything you have to think about anymore. I’m not losing my world. I’m NOT losing my family! I’m not losing everything I’ve ever built and that’s a lesson that both Nero AND Myra need to be taught. Everything’s going to turn out okay, dad. It always does. Even through that ‘stun gun’ crap I dealt with, even through the handicap match… it ended up okay, right? We got Myra back and then some for the ‘stun gun’. And if you have any more doubts, just remember that I overcame the rock bottom of my entire life just to even have a career here in GCW to begin with and what I’ve dealt with lately has NOTHING on that! I’m not a victim anymore dad…. I’m a FIGHTER… and I am going to fight until my very last breath, even if it kills me! Myra wants a fight? She’s getting one!

[Jazmyn turns around and leaves without her father saying another word. He’s a bit frozen, clearly not expecting the assertiveness that just came out of his own daughter. Jazmyn meanwhile, is seen walking down the hall, angry and ready for battle… a sharp contrast from Resurrection when she was walking to the ring a scared and nervous victim. This time, she’s walking in a focused and determined champion, something which she hopes she’s above to prove she can be once the scene cuts to ringside.]

Angelica Jones vs. Glory Braddock

[The bell rings. Angelica gives chase to Glory who exits the ring and runs around the ring. Angelica chases her back into the ring but is ambushed by a superkick from Caitlyn Perry. Derek Powers comes in and hits The Absolute Best Finisher on Angelica. Sophie and Mark are next as they come in and drop Angelica with Sudden Jolt. Finally Kurt drops Angelica with Logan’s Run. Glory then locks Angelica in Shekhinah Glory, choking Angelica out into unconsciousness. Glory releases the hold as the crowd continues to boo. Glory snatches a microphone.]

Glory: Congratulations, Angelica…I guess you beat me!

[She drops the microphone and the new alliance walks off, leaving Angelica in a heap.]

WINNER via DISQUALIFICATION: Angelica Jones

[The show fades in the backstage area, right near the curtain that will eventually lead to the ring. Victoria Salinas and Julia Rivera are seen talking to each other and the fans jump into the conversation while it’s in progress.]

Julia: I have to say that ever since we had that talk that we did on Shotgun a month ago, you have come around VERY fast.

Victoria: I have?

Julia: Definitely! You won your house show match recently. I mean, it’s Joey Michaels but still, you got it done. And, you’ve been winning all over the world, it seems like. You got JoDee Burns in the GDW reunion show, quite the impressive performance I should add and over in UWA? You’ve beaten TWO main event caliber wrestlers in Gavin Taylor AND Serenity…. The latter of whom happens to be a former GCW World Champion. I hate to toot my own horn here, but I find it interesting that I’ve taken a bigger role in your career again and BOOM… suddenly, the turnaround starts happening!

Victoria: I wouldn’t call it a turnaround since my career wasn’t exactly in the dumps, you know?

Julia: True...I’d call it more of a reboost and tonight, that reboost will take a MAJOR step forward WHEN… and I AM saying WHEN… you and Kayla become the tag team champions tonight. Are you two the most cohesive team? Probably not. Are you two the best team? Individually, sure, but collectively? No. I mean, you’ve been in this business how long and this is barely your first ever shot at a tag team title? But again, I have a hunch you two will pull through this and yes, ego IS a big part of that. You know you can’t afford to lose this match. Not to put any pressure on you or anything, but think about the competitors you’re dealing with, one by one.

Victoria: I’ve had my run ins with a few of them, sure…

Julia: For Glory and Gold 2014…. You took the TV title from Julia Braddock and you bested her when she got her rematch at Civil War a month later. You KNOW you can take her. JaMarcus Avery? Remember the Legacy battles you had with him? You’ve beaten him as well. Particularly the one time you led Team GCW to victory against Camelot AND Legacy at the same time…

Victoria: Oh I sure as hell remember that.

Julia: You and Kayla can DEFINITELY take the Republic, and that’s without mentioning that the Sisterhood was the team the Republic won the titles from. I’m SURE Kayla remembers that and wants some revenge tonight. Hannah and Destiny? Well….Hannah is still trying to find her way and Destiny still has ways to go. Definitely DON’T count them out, but in my honest view? Neither of them, as singles competitors anyway, match up to you. I know this is tag wrestling, but I don’t think they’re ready to face someone at your level quite yet.

Victoria: Right. I understand what you’re getting at.

Julia: And the champs? It’s a little more personal with them. Christy Hightower? Travis Vessey? You have a long memory too, just like Kayla. I know you remember the feud you had with Travis last fall, when he did everything he could to break you down and he FAILED because when it mattered most, at All Hallow’s Eve, you BEAT HIM! It was certainly one of the more intense feuds you’ve ever had.

Victoria: It made me stronger on the other side of it.

Julia: And Christy Hightower? You remember how your first loss in GCW happened. Don’t hide it. I know you do. I see it in your eyes, how painful and humiliating that was for you to go through that just two weeks away from Resurrection. Remember how she bragged for weeks and months afterward that she pinned you. Remember how she bragged about how she was the only one in GCW, at one point, that had pinned you. And recently, she tried to drive a wedge between you and Jazmyn after Resurrection and subtly took a dig at the confidence meltdown you had four weeks ago.You never felt like you ever avenged your first loss in GCW, have you?

[Victoria thinks about it and shakes her head.]

Victoria: Never.

Julia: Well tonight, you finally get your opportunity to do just that… when you REMEMBER all of that and use it as that fuel that you will need to put you over the top. She took your unbeaten streak… now it’s YOUR TURN to TAKE from her!

Victoria: Damn right it is! DAMN RIGHT!

Julia: Now you understand how important this match should be to you?

Victoria: I sure do!

Julia: Good! Now go make it happen! I got nothing but faith in you, Victoria.

[Julia delivers a quick smile at Victoria before she turns and walks away. Victoria stands there, appearing to be quite encouraged by the conversation that took place moments away from the tag team title match.]

Myra Lynwood vs. Jazmyn Rain
[The two chain wrestle for the first seven minutes or so with neither gaining a definitive advantage. Myra gets frustrated and decks Jazmyn with a right hand. Jazmyn and Myra spill out to the outside and continue to brawl. Myra sends her into the steel steps. Myra slingshots her into the steel ring post. Myra rolls her back into the ring. Myra with a chick kick followed up by a jaw breaker. Myra with a cobra chokesweep. Jazmyn eventually reaches the ropes. Jazmyn with a swinging neck breaker and then a forward Russian legsweep. Myra covers and gets a near fall. Myra locks her in Relentless Torture. Jazmyn eventually reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Myra is incensed. She sets her up for Tradition Breaker but Jazmyn slips free and then nails a tilt-a-whirl head scissors. Jazmyn with a float over ddt. Jazmyn covers but only gets a two. Jazmyn heads up top and connects with a flying cross body block for a cover and a near fall. Jazmyn hits the ropes and connects with a Rain Drop! She covers but Myra just barely gets a shoulder up! Jazmyn heads up to the top and goes for the Rain Splash but Myra moves out of the way just in time! Myra sets her up and connects with The Tradition Breaker. She covers but Jazmyn gets a shoulder up! Myra goes for it again but Jazmyn counters with a neck breaker followed up by a float over ddt! Jazmyn with another Rain Drop followed up by a Rain Splash! But before she can cover Nero hits the ring…he drops the referee with a short arm clothesline!]

WINNER: No Contest due to outside interference from Nero

[Myra makes a hasty retreat as Jazmyn starts shouting angrily at him for messing things up and interrupting the match. Nero asks for a microphone.]

Nero: Your challenge, Jazmyn…I accept…

[He drops the microphone and makes his exit.]

(We cut backstage where we find Julia Braddock and her tag team partner JaMarcus Avery talking strategy, at least we assume that’s what the two lovebirds are talking about. One observer nearby is none other than GCW’s majority owner Glory Braddock, Julia’s sister. Glory approaches Julia and JaMarcus.)

Glory: May I interrupt?

(Julia looks at Glory and sighs. Then she turns to look at JaMarcus.)

Julia: Just go back to the dressing room. I’ll be there in a moment.

(Avery nods his head. Julia kisses him on the cheek and then JaMarcus walks off. Once he is gone, Julia turns to face Glory.)

Julia: What do you need, sister?

Glory: Me? Nothing. I need nothing, because tonight is going to go perfect for me. I just wanted to check in with you. For you are going to be challenging for the GCW Global Tag Team Championships tonight. Are you prepared to bring home the gold for the Noel family? Are you prepared to make mother proud?

(The younger Braddock nods her head.)

Julia: I’m ready. Me and JaMarcus will win back the tag titles. But Glory…

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: …you have it wrong.

Glory: I do?

Julia: Yes, you do. Even if we lose tonight, mother will be proud of me.

(Glory laughs lightly.)

Glory: Maybe you’re right. Mother will be proud of both of us no matter what.

Julia: I’m not so sure of that, sister. I mean, let’s face it, me and JaMarcus are going to win those tag belts back the right way, in the center of the ring. But you? You’ve been ducking Angelica Jones for months.

Glory: I’m hardly ducking her. She just hasn’t proven herself worthy to face me yet, my dear.

Julia: Hardly an excuse. And to have Sophie O’Brian fight your battles for you, and to see how you’ve brainwashed Caitlyn Perry to turn on her own brother, I just…

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: …I thought we Noels had abandoned that kind of action.

Glory: My dear, sister…

(She wraps an arm around Julia’s shoulder.)

Glory: …our mother may have abandoned it, and that’s fine, mother can do what she wants. As for me? I want power. And I will get it through any means necessary. As for you, well let’s face it, ever since losing those belts to Travis Vessey and Christy Hightower you have been on a downward spiral. Even in the UWA you have not had a sparkling record.

Julia: I intend on turning things around.

Glory: And you just might, and by all means, prove me wrong, but when you fail tonight and continue down that downward spiral, I’ll be here to pick you back up and guide you down the right path. Think of it, Julia…you and me, Noel Sisters, standing together, you ruling on Shotgun and me ruling Livewire.

(Glory starts to walk off.)

Glory: Think about it.

GCW X Division Championship
Isabella Harker vs. Katherine Prescott

[Isabella Harker dominated the outset and early stages of the match. Harker used dirty tactics and cheating to gain an upper hand and then used quick striking moves and a high flying offense to keep Harker grounded. Harker fought back into it. She connected with The Crushing Blow. She locked Harker in Beastly Bindings. Malcolm Cross and Maria Prado hit the ring. Prado distracted the referee and as a result did not see Prescott tapping. Cross came in and dropped Harker with Fade To Black. He draped Prescott on top before making an exit. The referee turned around in time to see Prescott on top for the cover and counted the three.]
WINNER: Katherine Prescott

(We cut backstage where we see Hall of Fame reporter Janice King standing by next to Kayla Jones.)

Janice: GCW For Glory & Gold has been exciting so far but the best is still to come, including the Global Tag Team Championship match.

(She motions to Kayla.)

Janice: And with me at this time is one of the participants in that tag title match, none other than Kayla Jones. Thank you for joining me, Kayla.

(Kayla grins and nods her head.)

Kayla: My pleasure, Janice.

Janice: This should be right up your alley. You have been tag team champion before with many different tag team partners in many different companies. This is nothing new for you, is it?

(Jones shakes her head.)

Kayla: No it isn’t. In GDW I was World Tag Team Champion with Cuchulain, Jason Redfield, and my own sister Angelica. In MWA I held tag team gold with Blayze Alexander. In SCW I was tag champ again with, you guessed it, Angelica. And here in GCW Angelica and I once again held the gold. Tag team wrestling is not new to me. If I can win it with them, then I can damn sure win it with Victoria Salinas.

Janice: But Victoria, and others, question your motives. They even question whether or not you truly have turned over a new leaf and have truly changed your ways.

(Kayla chuckles.)

Kayla: Of course they do, but then again, they have every right to question. I brought that upon myself, didn’t I? But if there are any more questions, I will eliminate those questions and the doubters tonight when Victoria and I become GCW Global Tag Team Champions.

Samuel Price chases Malcolm Cross and Maria Prado backstage…

Price: Malcolm… Malcolm Cross… what just happened out there?

Malcolm stops, grinning to himself as Maria turns around to face the interviewer.

Prado: What you just witnessed? Nothing against Isabella Harker. We are certain she will have her time. Tiffany Manning has made it quite clear that such a time is coming.

Price: But Malcolm just cost her the X-Division Championship… why?

Prado: Oh yes… why indeed.

She grins.

Prado: Because we thrive on seeing chaos. Tiffany has been so insistent on building up Harker, trying to push her to be Champion that we just had to ask ourselves… What would happen if the best laid plans go to waste? After musing about it… we just had to see with our own eyes how Tiffany would respond. The next few weeks… they’re going to be fun.

She laughs as Malcolm goes to walk away. The scene fades…

GCW World Tag Team Championships
High Voltage (champions) vs. The Golden Era Cheerleaders

[Brooklyn and Corey start off, with a chain wrestling series that Corey seems to dominate. Brooklyn makes a tag out to Olivia who picks up the pace with a high risk, high impact offense that takes out Corey and Summer. Olivia and Brooklyn keep up the fast paced quick striking offense against their challengers, tagging in quickly in and out. Summer and Corey take advantage of a mistake and isolate Olivia, tagging in and out and wearing her down as they slow down the pace and methodically pick her apart. Corey with a bicycle kick on Olivia into a stunner from Summer as they connect with Golden Kiss of Death. Brooklyn breaks up the pin attempt. Corey and Summer go for Deadly Disrespect but Olivia backdrops out of it, knocking Corey into Summer. Olivia tags out to Brooklyn. High Voltage and Corey and Summer break out into a four way brawl. Olivia and Brooklyn with a double superkick that sends Summer to the outside. Brooklyn and Olivia then connect with Double Charged to Corey. Brooklyn with the cover and the pin.]

WINNER: High Voltage

Chambers: Can you believe this crap?

The scene comes on to a shot of Chantelle Chambers and The Brod, standing in front of one of the posters advertising the night.

Chambers: Everyone knows that tonight is MY night… MINE! No one else’s. And yet, there I am on the RIGHT of the poster, the last place anyone looks, next to Robson and Carter as though I should be an afterthought? I would be World Champion right now if it weren’t for Tiffany Manning trying to be all “pant-suit chic” by pulling the belt off of me and returning it to Robson.

Brod: It was the crime of the century.

Chambers: And what’s worse is that now I have to SHARE my Championship opportunity, the one I earned by being X-Division Champion, with Cailey Carter, who has become nothing more than this annoying little gnat, always trying to spoil MY moments. Tonight, I’m going to take great satisfaction in not only taking the World Championship, but in crushing HER dreams as well.

Brod: Crush the dreams! WOOOOOO!!

Chambers: Tonight, I’m going to do what should have been done a long time ago, what would have happened at Resurrection had Manning not gone and Tiffed it all up: I am going to take Amelia Robson’s World Championship for my own. Then, next Shotgun…

She stands, lifting her head in a regal manner…

Chambers: Will be my coronation! Tonight is about destiny! Time to win me a World Championship.

Brod: Conquer the World, Bombshell… WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The scene fades…

GCW North American Championship
Aphrodite Noel (champion) vs. Richard Dix

[Richard Dix starts out by offering the referee nachos. The referee accepts. Dix then offers Aphrodite some weed. Aphrodite slaps it out of his hand and the two immediately begin to trade rights and lefts. Dix gets the upper hand. Richard with a knee to the gut and a short arm clothesline. Dix with a snap suplex and a belly to belly overhead suplex. Richard with a ddt and a neck breaker. Dix with a Come Fly With Me and a cover and a near fall. Dix with a snap suplex and then a Headbanger’s Ball. Aphrodite puts her foot on the bottom rope just before the three. Richard goes for another Headbanger’s Ball but misses. Aphrodite fights back with rights and lefts and a beautifully executed dropkick followed by a spinning heel kick. Aphrodite with a neck breaker and then a ddt. Aphrodite with a second rope flip over neck breaker. Aphrodite with Your Majesty to Richard followed up by The Noel Effect. She covers but only gets a two. She goes for Ex-Communication but Richard dodges it and drops her with a cutter. He covers but only gets a two. He goes for a power bomb but she counters with a ddt and then finally connects with Ex-Communication. She covers and gets the pin.]

WINNER: Aphrodite Noel

(We open backstage where we see Destiny Skye and Hannah Myers heading down the hall, getting ready to come to the ring for their tag title match. But suddenly they are jumped from behind by the members of Ginger Nation! Jenni, Ginger Allison, and Ginger Enigma knock them down and proceed to lay into them with kicks to the ribcage.)

Jenni: You think you’re going to get a tag title shot that belongs to the Ginger Nation?!

(Ginger Allison drops Destiny with Ferocious Fate on the concrete floor.)

Jenni: Well you’re WRONG!

(Ginger Enigma with The Enigma Driver onto Hannah on the concrete floor. Jenni and the other two Gingers stand over the two fallen females and smirks.)

Jenni: Looks like you girls won’t be getting that tag title shot after all…

(The Ginger Nation high five one another before walking off.)

The scene rises up backstage, where GCW International Champion, Alicia Sabbatini, can be seen standing by.

Alicia: No one in the world is giving me a chance in hell of defeating Timothy Myers tonight. Just like no one thought that I, as a rookie, would defeat Monique Ivy back in Florida. Just like no one thought I would return to the wrestling industry and make the impact I did. Just like no one thought I could become Champion.

Alicia smirks as she looks downward at the Championship she wears around her waist.

Alicia: And that really is the theme here, isn’t it? It’s not the narrative that Tim and his supporters want to throw out there – that I stole the Championship – or this idiotic notion that I am the “B-Team” of Monarchy. Yeah, I heard all of that and here I thought some people would be smarter than to take such petty, bitter potshots at a CHAMPION of GCW. And yet, despite that, I will do something that no one wants to believe CAN happen.

She glares into the camera.

Alicia: I will NOT lose this Championship tonight. I will overcome the challenge in front of me, no matter how many people try to cast me as the underdog. I am the GCW International Champion, and I will STAY International Champion… because this belt is only the beginning.

Alicia smirks…

Alicia: Viva la revolucion!

Global Tag Team Championships.
Salinas/Jones vs. Avery/Braddock vs. Vessey/Hightower (champions)

[This match has become a three way due to Destiny Skye and Hannah Myers being taken out by Ginger Nation earlier. It was fast paced from start to finish. Each team had their moments and each team had it won on numerous occasions but with six people involved, there was always at least one person to break up the pin. The end finally came when Vessey and Hightower were double teaming Victoria Salinas. Julia Braddock clotheslined Hightower over the top and to the outside. Vessey was distracted and this allowed Vicky to spear him through the ropes, sending both of them to the outside. This left Kayla and JaMarcus Avery in the ring. JaMarcus floored her with a big boot and then went for Court Marshaled but Kayla slipped out of it and then connected with the Kaylan Wind Kick from out of nowhere! She went for the cover…1…Christy in the ring looking to break it up…2…Vicky with a chick kick takes out Christy…3!]

WINNERS: Victoria Salinas and Kayla Jones

GCW International Championship
Alicia Sabbatini (champion) vs. Timothy Myers

The former International Champion started off strong against the woman who won the title off of him, starting off his onslaught with a powerslam, a clothesline, then a gorilla press slam, causing A-Sabb to roll out of the ring to consult with Shawn Mason. She was back inside the ring before the ten count, and fell victim to another flurry of power moves. Myers continued to dominate for several minutes until he hit a powerbomb, which he bridged into a pin…but Alicia was able to get a boot to Timothy's face, breaking the count.

Both competitors got to their feet and Myers reached for Alicia, but she ducked, avoiding his grasp before connecting with a roundhouse kick to the back of his neck. Alicia predictably started to work over Timothy's previously injured knee with a variety of stomps. She then executed a spinning toe hold…but Myers used his free leg to boot Alicia in the back-end, sending her to her hands and knees. Both champion and challenger were slow to rise. Alicia was up slightly after Myers and she chop blocked him in the back of the leg.

The next few minutes was all Alicia. She transitioned to working over his leg to working over his head and neck. Her pin attempts were thwarted, however…but then she struck with "The Crowning" (a wicked buzzsaw kick square to the head). She made the cover, but Myers kicked out at 2.

Alicia was getting frustrated as Myers was picking up steam again. He hit "The Flatline" followed by a chokeslam. The crowd started to get agitated though, as Kevin Edwards showed up at ringside. Shawn approached Edwards, the two exchanging a few words before Shawn just nodded once and walked away. The commotion ccaught Tim's attention and he stared down at Kevin, taunting him to get in the ring. Kevin smirked arrogantly and shouted back at Myers. Edwards kept taunting Myers from the floor, allowing Alicia time to recover before she hit him with "The Crowning" for a second time…and this time, she got the 3 count.

Lee: "Ladies and gentlemen, your winner and still GCW International Champion…Alicia Sabbitini!"

Shawn Mason entered the ring and he and Sabbatini celebrated her victory. Meanwhile, Myers was out of the ring, stalking up the aisle after Kevin, who had made a hasty exit as soon as Alicia had made the pinfall.

Vignette

Amelia Robson: Since the turn of the New Year, GCW has had one World Champion: Me.

Still frames are shown of Amelia Robson winning the World Championship by pinning Michael Mckay in Seattle, Washington – as close to a homecoming as one could get.

Robson: For the last 155 – the longest reign since GCW returned as a company in 2012 – I have been your Champion, and every minute of it has been a damn honour. I have represented this company with pride and joy. And tonight, two competitors – both talented, but wildly different in their philosophies – will attempt to take it from me.

First, we see stills of how Cailey Carter won the right to challenge for a title of her choosing.

Robson: There is no doubt that Cailey Carter deserves this opportunity. She has faced every step in front of her without hesitation and without fear. She has been a ray of sunshine in an industry that increasingly emphasises the darkness. I have a lot of respect for Cailey Carter.

Then stills show how Chantelle Chambers won the X-Division Championship and tried to “cash it in” on Amelia at Resurrection.

Robson: I don’t think I would say the same thing about Chantelle Chambers. She is clearly a gifted athlete, but content in taking shortcuts to get to the top. She tried to outright steal this belt from me. She is talented, but crafty. She will be a dangerous threat. I have to watch my back.

The scene shows Amelia, standing backstage with the World Championship around her waist.

Robson: For 155 days, I have been your champion. And tomorrow, when 156 starts, I will again look to the sky and say “Thank you”… for this opportunity… for your support… and for your inspiration! Thank you!

GCW Global Heavyweight Championship
Trenton Snow (champion) vs. Brittany Kayl

[Kayl charged forward with a spear takedown into mounted rights. Trenton kicked her off but she charged back at him with a spinning heel kick followed by a dropkick that sent him through the ropes and to the outside. Kayl with a suicide dive corkscrew plancha onto Snow, taking him out! Kayl rolls him back in and then springboard dropkicks Snow. Kayl goes for a springboard asai moonsault but Snow gets his knees up, driving them into her gut. Snow with a body slam and then a neck breaker. Snow with a ddt. Snow with a mountain bomb followed up by a double footstomp across Kayl’s abdomen. Trenton goes for a lariat clothesline but Kayl counters with The Bombshell. She covers and gets a two. Kayl locks in Shark Week. Trenton eventually makes it to the ropes. Kayl goes to the outside and goes for a springboard move but Trenton moves out of the way. Kayl manages to land on her feet but she turns around into a lariat clothesline from Trenton. Snow goes for Winter Solstice but Kayl counters out of it into Reality Bites! She covers and gets a near fall but Snow manages to shoot the right shoulder up off the mat! Brittany goes for The Spinoff but Snow moves out of the way just in time and Kayl hits nothing but canvas! Snow pulls her up and finally connects with Winter Solstice! He covers and gets the pin.]

WINNER: Trenton Snow

Backstage, the camera zooms in on Timothy Myers as he is in a state and obviously looking for something…or someone. He stalks past catering and several crew members to the men's locker area. He looks around before violently punching a locker.

Timothy: "Where the hell are you Edwards!?!?!?! I'm done fucking around!!!"

Myers turns a corner before punching another locker…but then he hears a voice from behind him, causing him to spin suddenly.

Kevin Edwards: "Looking for me sunshine?"

Myers stares daggers at Kevin, who looks back stoicly.

Kevin: "What do you think you're going to do to me, mate? You think you're going to kick my arse? I'd like to see you try. Here's what I think is going to happen. You're going to get your arse handed to you…then MY girlfriend will be returning to ME…where she rightfully belongs. You'll be bound to a wheelchair while I'll be making love to Olivia…all night long."

Tim finally reached his breaking point and started after Edwards. Kevin ran a little way, just past the restrooms before stopping. Myers didn't take the time to ask Kevin what he was up to, opting to grab Kevin by the shirt, pushing him hard up against the wall. Tim started to punch Kevin, who was able to block most of the shots…but then, from behind Timothy, the men's room door opened and a masked man emerged carrying a tire iron, which he promptly swung at Tim's head. Myers dropped to the floor like a ton of bricks and Edwards and his masked accomplice started to kick and stomp Tim repeatedly…until other wrestlers started shouting and rushing to help. Kevin and the mystery man ran off, leaving Tim unconscious on the floor as the scene fades.

GCW World Heavyweight Championship.
Cailey Carter vs. Chantelle Chambers vs. Amelia Robson (champion)

The match stated out at a fast pace, with Carter and Robson double-teaming the arrogant Chambers, putting her back on the ropes early. The pair seemed to have a plan in place to neutralize the self-entitled woman, pushing her from the ring to the floor.

As Chambers went to the floor, Carter and Robson began to wrestle one another, much to the delight of the split crowd. Their spirited contest didn’t last for too long before Chambers got onto the apron, striking Carter as she stumbled too close, allowing Robson to score a near-fall. From there, it was a triple threat contest in the truest sense of the match, with each competitor getting near-falls over the other two, only to be broken by the third.

Late in the match, Pierce Manning made his presence felt on behalf of Chambers, pulling Carter out of the ring while Chambers hit the Nightly Knockout. She draped herself over Robson, but the resilient Champion got her shoulder up just before the three. Chambers was beside herself as she argued with the referee… an argument that nearly got her rolled up for a three, but she was able to kick out. Meanwhile, outside the ring, Manning tried to throw Carter into the steps, but Carter jumped onto the second, performing a backflip and landing behind Manning. As he turned around, she met him in the face with Sunkissed to the approval of the crowd.

The match continued to progress, with Robson and Carter eventually hitting a double-whammy on Chambers with Amelia’s Punishment for Villainy popping her up into a Sunkissed of her own, but the two combatants could not come to a consensus on who would make the pin, so Chambers rolled to the outside and the match continued. After a back and forth that saw the second challenger get the upper hand, Carter would try for a third Sunkissed… this one on the Champion… but Amelia would rush through, hitting her opponent with Turn Around, Bright Eyes! Before she could cover, however, Manning – who had remained on the outside, pulled Robson from the ring. As Carter got up, Chantelle Chambers would get herself back into the ring and hit the Beverly Hills Bomb on Carter, covering her for the count… Amelia would try to get back into the ring, but Manning held onto her ankle, meaning she was helpless to break the count…

Lee: Here is your winner… and NEEEEEEEEW GCW WORLD CHAMPION… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS!!!

The crowd’s boos would overwhelm, but Chambers was unfazed by them as Pierce Manning and The Brod got into the ring, embracing the new Champion! As the belt was wrapped around her waist by a jubilant Manning, Amelia appeared dejected at ringside. The scene closes out with the new Champion hoisted on the shoulders of Manning and Brod, arms raised in the air, celebrating her Championship win.