2017 GCW Draft Results!

admin
Site Admin

2017 GCW Draft Results!

Post by admin » Wed May 31, 2017 10:23 am

May 31, 2017 (John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA)

('Sleeping Giants’ by Hyro Da Hero begins to play.)

Forget the cops, I hate the world, I hate the people in it,
Hate that ignorant mess you love hearing,

This that dose of reality you fearin’
Hope I’m buried yes but can you pass the test

Recycle thoughts recycle dreams we’re not satisfied
We chase after the same thing

We hold us back we’re fighting us
And when we scream we silence us.

So we all make a deal with the devil,
because negativity is perceived to be better,

We never…to resist …so it’s routine
so we pretend that we ..in our teams

and ..to live like .. open up your eye realize what you are on the inside

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

Let my words be the bullet heard throughout the chaos,
Let my message sink into your brain and never fade out.

The world spins and spins and never changes up,
We are people of pattern and I’ma shake it up

We just dance and laugh like what’s up, what’s up
Shut the f*ck up, get up your butt and do something

In war, start a war, fight the peace,lie to me,
stoprunnin around so silently

‘cause I’m gonna be what I was designed to be and
That’s the voice, a voice of youth, a voice of truth,

A voice for you , a real voice that AINT MOTHERF*CKING AUTO TUNED!!!

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

The GCW logo flashes upon the screen. We cut to Robert E. Lee in the ring.

Robert E. Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Owner of Global Championship Wrestling, Dr. Henry Van Stanton!

(I Am The Doctor begins to play over the PA system. The crowd comes to life as Van Stanton steps out onto the stage dressed in his typical tweed jacket, bowtie, black dress pants and shoes. He waves at the crowd. The stage is set up with two desks, on the far right is the Livewire desk with a Livewire logo. On the far left is the Shotgun desk with the Shotgun logo.)

Henry: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the 2017 GCW Draft Show!

(The crowd roars loudly with anticipation.)

Henry: Tonight is the night that the fate of the GCW locker room is decided. Teams will be broken up, alliances will be broken up, dominant Livewire superstars will be forced to leave for Shotgun, cornerstones of the Shotgun brand will be forced to move to Livewire, and so much more fantastic action! We’ve even got the stage set…

(He motions to the right.)

Henry: Livewire…

(He motions to the left.)

Henry: …and Shotgun. But as you can see, things are empty. We can’t have a draft show without the two General Managers now can we? Without further adieu, the ladies who will be making the deals, who will be wheeling and dealing, they are FRANCIS TAYLOR and ALLISON MAYBERRY!

(Francis Taylor and Allison Mayberry step out together onto the stage to loud cheers from the audience. They shake hands with one another and then shake hands with The Doctor before turning and heading towards their respective desks on the stage.)

Henry: Well now that my General Managers are here on stage, I don’t see any need for me to take up any more of your time. I’ll turn the show over to them. I will return when a decision is made and I will announce their decision. That being said…Allons-Y!

(And with that, Henry Van Stanton makes his exit.)

Francis: Before we begin, Allison, I would like to wish you the best of luck.

Allison: And good luck to you as well.

Francis: But bear in mind, I always do what’s best for business, quite honestly, my track record since taking the reins of Livewire speaks for itself. Livewire won nearly every award at Resurrection. That is because of my Livewire brand’s awesome talent. Tonight, I hope to build upon the future and Livewire is the future of Global Championship Wrestling.

Allison: You may think so but bear in mind that Shotgun has a history. Shotgun was the original GCW brand before there even was a brand extension. Shotgun has always been entertaining the fans since GCW’s inception back in 2001. Yeah, Livewire has been impressive, but it still isn’t Shotgun, and tonight I will do everything in my power to make sure Shotgun continues to be a long lasting and dominant force in GCW.

(Francis nods her head.)

[The draft show fades outside of the arena, in a graveyard in fact, where Janice King is standing by. She is joined by Karina Lysenko and Vladimir as they stand next to a flagpole. Karina is holding a flag that is folded in a triangular fashion.]

Janice: I am here with Karina Lysenko who invited me out here because… well… what is this?

Karina: You want to know what this is, Janice? This is a ceremony representing the death of Ginger Nation and the birth of something new!

Janice: You’re really taking this whole thing with Ginger Nation personally, aren’t you?

Karina: YES!!!! I willingly joined them! I do so to revive my own career! I was a faithful soldier to the Ginger Nation and deciding to break up and move on is the thanks that I get? I only have one thing to say to Jenni, to Allison, to Marie, to Enigma… they can ALL GO FUCK THEMSELVES!!!

Janice: What about Destiny Skye?

Karina: Don’t mention the name of that cretin! She is not important at this time and all I will say about her is that I hope we end up on the same show after tonight so I can get my revenge for her role in weakening and destroying the Ginger Nation that I once loved. But now? Ginger Nation is dead to me! That movement for all gingers is now antiquated! Vlad, if you could please bring down the flag representing the archaic nonsense that they all want to be about?

[Vladimir nods and slowly begins to pull down a flag that was supposed to represent Ginger Nation. He unhooks the flag and places it down on the ground. Then, he picks up a can of gasoline and pours it all over the flag.]

Karina: Get ready to set it on fire!!!!

[Vladimir smirks as he pulls out a lighter from his pocket.]

Karina: This is a message to all of my Ginger Nation comrades. As of this moment, you are all dead to me! DEAD! You have all failed me! Well, I am not going to be failed anymore! From this moment forward, Ginger Nation is now a thing of the past! Your movement will now be burned to ashes! Vlad… BURN IT!

[Vladimir ignites the lighter and drops it on the flag, igniting it on fire. The two watch the flag burn for a bit before it disintegrates then Karina unfolds the flag she had in her possession revealing a red flag with the initials “I.D.E.G” in white written on it.]

Janice: I.D.E.G??!?!

Karina: You are about to witness the rise and the birth of the Imperial Dynastic Empire of all Gingers! And in this empire, I am its czarina! I do the Ginger movement MY way! I am not going to be held back by the goofy antics of Enigma, the traditional ways of Marie, the aloof attitude of Allison or the the vain obnoxiousness of Jenni! I am going to conquer ALL gingers and then once I assimilate them into my own army, we will CONQUER THE WRESTLING WORLD! GCW will belong to the Imperial Dynastic Empire of all Gingers!

[Karina hands the flag over to Vladimir.]

Karina: Make it official!

[Vladimir nods and he raises the flag representing Karina’s new ginger movement.]

Karina: Livewire… Shotgun… it doesn’t matter! I will become a One Woman Ginger Dynasty and all that dare to defy me, ginger or not, will succumb to the vanquishing power of my empire!

[Karina and Vladimir turn and walk away as the new flag flies above them.]

Janice: Well then… that’s… certainly an interesting development. Let’s send it right back to you guys.]

(We open in the dressing room of GCW Global Champion Aphrodite Noel. A knocking is heard. Aphrodite goes over to the door and opens it. Glory Braddock is standing there.)

Glory: May I come in?

Aphrodite: Of course.

(Glory steps in. Aphrodite shuts the door behind her.)

Glory: Congratulations on the championship, by the way. I don’t think I’ve had the chance to say it face to face.

Aphrodite: Thanks. We’ve both been busy, it's understandable.

Glory: Yeah, we have both been busy, too busy, and that’s kept us apart. I hate that, especially tonight being what it is, the draft show. And that’s really why I wanted to stop by. This could be the last time you and I are on the same show.

(Aphrodite nods.)

Aphrodite: All true. Assuming you are traded and I remain here, I’ll truly be alone. No offense to Myra, she has been good to me thus far. Considering her history and the way she is trying to hijack Jazmyn’s rematch from last year, I should expect the other shoe to drop at some point, come on, she calls herself the Mistress of Manipulation. Can only trust someone with that moniker for so long.

Glory: I’m surprised you managed to get along with her this long, to be honest. Aphrodite, she’s not like you. I may disagree with your tactics from time to time, but ultimately you are good people. I’m not sure I can say that about Myra.

Aphrodite: Some of her tactics do remind me of the “Evil Queen” version of me, that’s why I have been able to get along with her, per say. I know how a person like her operates. Play the game, stay off her radar. That won’t last long. I have what she wants. In the event she wants to play a trumpcard I know nothing about, I’ll be ready.

(Glory chuckles.)

Glory: We each have our own problems to deal with, I guess. I’m afraid Julia isn’t content with settling for her submission win at Resurrection. She seems to want to continue to shove it in my face. I know you like her a great deal, there were times I wondered if she was your favorite Braddock, but I warn you, if she keeps this up...I will stop her.

(Aphrodite rest a hand on Glory’s shoulder.)

Aphrodite: I’m sorry if I gave you the impression I favor Julia over you. Some of my tweets in the past have given off that impression. I can relate to Julia on some level. I don’t have a rivalry within my own family like you two do, being underestimated. Unappreciated. Feeling like you need to take on the world, that aspect I understand. For five years in this company, no matter who I stood up against, I was underestimated time and time again. Being Global Champion and a Hall of Famer doesn’t remove that chip. Was I in the running to win the best wrestler of the year award? No. I wasn’t. Myra. Tim. Jazmyn. That was the fans final three. I’m sick of being overlooked, the same as Julia. Not that I condone what she has done. I’m telling you this to understand why she is going out of her way to prove she is the best Braddock, but the best wrestler, period.

(Aphrodite gives a slight pause.)

Aphrodite: But I need you to know that I admire you. Still do. You are and will always be one of the strongest women I know. Even back when we were enemies, before we became family, the way you stood up to me. How you did whatever was necessary to gain your freedom, that is the Braddock fighting spirit. I learned that from you, Gloria. You instilled a drive in me to want to prove these people wrong. Because of you, I wanted to distance myself from the stigma I needed Camelot to make it. I adore you both, equally. I have no favorites. Both of you are apart of me, always.

Glory: And I guess that’s as good a time as any to say this next piece. I am a Braddock. That’s the blood that flows through my body. My father is Glenn Braddock and he taught me everything I know about the squared circle. It’s because of him that I am the Best in the World. But Mary Ford…

(Glory shakes her head.)

Glory: ...she abandoned me. She didn’t teach me anything. Julia and I learned nothing from her. And when you first took control of my contract, at first I was resentful, but I slowly learned that you weren’t just treating me like a slave. You taught me things, things Mary should have when I was younger. Life lessons. That’s why I never did legally change my name back to Braddock. I still go by Braddock in the ring, even outside the ring on the streets I go by Braddock, but legally I’m still your daughter. Always will be.

(Tears roll down Aphrodite’s face.)

Aphrodite: That means the world to me to hear you say.

Glory: I just had to tell you, just in case tonight is my last night on Livewire.

Aphrodite: I’m glad you did. I hope you stay but in the event you do, you’ll handle yourself. You always do.

Glory: Thank you, mother.

(We cut back to the arena where the draft is still going on. Francis and Allison are using telephones on their desks to talk to one another. They each hang up and smile approvingly, confident of whatever move they just made. Then Dr. Henry Van Stanton returns to the stage, presumably with results.)

Henry: Ladies and gentlemen, I have been notified of the first round of results! Going to Shotgun is CAITLYN PERRY!

(Caitlyn’s image appears on the Global-Tron.)

Henry: And heading to Livewire is KURT LOGAN!

(Kurt’s image appears next to Caitlyn’s.)

Allison: I chose Caitlyn because she is a pure, natural talent whom I feel has been underutilized on Livewire. I believe that, on Shotgun, she can flourish and become the champion that she has the potential to be.

Francis: Underutilized?

(Francis scoffs.)

Francis: If anyone has been underutilized it is Kurt Logan. He is a former GDW World Champion but here he has yet to be given a true opportunity to show what he is really capable of. I will not hinder Kurt Logan on my Livewire brand.

[The draft show fades inside the broom closet where Chelsea Summers is seen inside with an unknown Hispanic man around her age, holding a bouquet of flowers and… the Great Ba-Belle?!?!?!]

Chelsea: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a special draft show edition of… CHELSEA TV!!!! That’s right! On this episode, I am going to continue to make Andrea Hernandez my taco-eating bitch when I pull the biggest prank in GCW history! Yes… that is the Great Ba-Belle…

Ba-Belle: BABELLE!!!!!! (I want the Mexican taco-eater!)

Chelsea: And Andrea should recognize our mutual friend from high school, right Lorenzo?

Lorenzo: Right… yeah…. (whispering) I’m only doing this for the money… OW….

Chelsea: I HEARD THAT! Now, Lorenzo here… as Andrea’s high school crush that she never asked out because she was too afraid to…

Lorenzo: ...I was?!?!?!

Chelsea: Yes, and I know you had a crush on me at one time.

Lorenzo: Yeah… 7 years ago…

Chelsea: So, the plan is simple. Lorenzo here will leave the flowers and a notecard instructing her to come to this broom closet, then Andrea comes here and gets SMASHED by the Great Ba-Belle and then you and I make out, standing above her as she watches us make sweet, passionate, love, humiliating her so much she never wants to wrestle again! Sound good?

Lorenzo: Perfect!

Chelsea: Go get her!

[Chelsea shoves Lorenzo out the door to do what he was paid to do.]

MEANWHILE…

[Andrea Hernandez and Clarissa Vega are standing in their locker room with blank stares on their faces.]

Andrea: ...really?!?!?!

Clarissa: I can’t believe she was THAT stupid to just put all of that on live TV.

Andrea: So, what should we do?

Clarissa: I have no idea… I mean… WOW…

[Andrea goes to open the door and right when she does, Lorenzo is right there with the bouquet of flowers.]

Andrea: Hey… are those for me?

Lorenzo: Um… Andrea… listen… I...this is awkward. I don’t REALLY want to hurt you.

Andrea: No… I know you wouldn’t.

Lorenzo: You had a crush on me?

Andrea: ...still do…

Clarissa: Hmm… I have an idea…

CUT BACK TO CHELSEA

[Chelsea is standing by the broom closet, impatiently waiting for Lorenzo to come back.]

Chelsea: WHERE IS HE? He’s taking too long!

Ba-Belle: BA-BELLE!!!!!

Chelsea: Shut up! Hey, there he is! What took you so long?!?!?!

[Lorenzo comes back into the picture, empty handed.]

Lorenzo: I… kind of got lost. Sorry I took so long. But, it’s only a matter of time before she gets here.

Chelsea: When is she going to get here?

Andrea: Right about now, actually!

[Andrea comes into the scene with Clarissa as they both dump a bucket of rotten milk all over her which draws a huge cheer from the crowd.]

Chelsea: WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!

[The pair grabs Chelsea and tosses her into the broom closet with the Great Ba-Belle, slamming the door shut. Clarissa blocks the door to lock her in.]

Chelsea: Hey!!!! This wasn’t part of the deal!

Ba-Belle: BABELLE!!!!! (You failed to bring me Andrea… I will have YOU instead!)

Chelsea: Wait… no… you… don’t want me! Stop looking at me like that….

[Soon enough, sounds of people going into walls and weapons being used are heard for a few seconds, with Chelsea going from screaming for help initially to vowing to kill the Great Ba-Belle. A loud thud is heard on the floor and Clarissa steps away from the door to allow someone to come out. The doors open and Chelsea walks out of the broom closet.]

Chelsea: Can of mace! ALWAYS a good backup plan!

[Chelsea laughs as she looks at an unconscious Ba-Belle lying among a bed of broken brooms, the rotten milk still dripping off her.]

Chelsea: Now then… where was I… WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!

[Chelsea’s eyes widen in shock as she spots Andrea and Lorenzo kissing each other in a puppy love fashion.]

Clarissa: RATINGS!

Chelsea: THIS IS NOT OVER!!!!

[Chelsea storms off the set, utterly humiliated that her plan backfired.]

Clarissa: Gosh Andrea, I really hope you two end up on separate shows when this thing is all said and done. She is so embarrassing. Andrea? Hey… Andrea?

[Andrea is too busy enjoying her moment with her high school crush.]

Clarissa: You two want to get a room?

[This remark gets Andrea re-focused again as they stop kissing.]

Andrea: Sorry. *laughs* Yeah, I’m praying to god we get separated now. Seriously! I’m so done with her once we settle our score!

Clarissa: Good! Let’s watch how this draft plays out, okay?

[The three of them walk away from the scene at this point, ending this wild episode of Chelsea TV.]

[The draft show fades into Allison Mayberry’s office as the Shotgun GM is trying to sort out exactly how the new roster for her show is going to be. She’s relaxed for the most part, but once the door to her office comes open, that relaxation is all but gone. Allison looks at whoever walked in and she rolls her eyes in annoyance.]

Allison: I’m not even going to bother scolding you for not knocking. What the hell do you want?

[Allison stands up at her desk to meet the person in the eye. The scene pans and the fans boo almost immediately at the sudden presence of Myra Lynwood.]

Myra: What do I want?

Allison: Don’t play games with me. If this is about anything regarding GCW, you need to go to Francis because she’s your boss, not me.

Myra: Well, that’s exactly why I came here, to change all that.

Allison: What the hell are you getting at?

Myra: Simple, Allison. I want you to draft me to Shotgun.

Allison: Now why the hell should I do that?

Myra: It’s not because I want you to be my boss, let me make that clear. But, my demand is very simple. Draft me to Shotgun!!!

Allison: Wait, I think I know your game here. You want to be on the same show as Adrian again, don’t you? And let me guess… you want to take advantage of two wrestlers in need so you can reform Utopia on my show?

[Myra is stunned frozen, knowing that Allison practically nailed it.]

Allison: You’re not unpredictable anymore, Myra. If Francis had drafted Adrian to Livewire by this point, you can bet your ass I’d consider it because when you’re at your very best, you are one of the greatest wrestlers of your generation. But see, even if Adrian does get drafted to Livewire… I’m not sure I’d want you on my roster anyway. Your antics are one thing, but the honest to god truth Myra, I don’t think you’re the wrestler you once were.

Myra: Excuse me?!?!?!

Allison: You haven’t been in a long time, not since your confidence was shattered more than four years ago by my former client. I look at you and I don’t see the intimidating Utopia leader that was recently Global Champion. I see someone with a blank look in her eyes that knows that what I am saying is true. What you have allowed yourself to become over one loss four years ago… I have no other words for it. It’s sad, I’ll say that for a fact. Why would I want that on Shotgun?

Myra: I dedicated what you brought up to my mother and daughter, damn it!

Allison: I know you did, but you need to get over yourself. You want to get back in a World title picture? That’s what you need to do and by the way, being drafted to Shotgun doesn’t preclude you from your Last Respects match with Jazmyn, I hope you know that. But as long as you are what you currently are, I could never want someone like you on my show. I don’t want a wrestler who hasn’t been confident in her own abilities for all these years. You want to be on Shotgun? You earn your place on my roster. Maybe if you get over yourself, be confident in your abilities again and stop being such a public relations DISASTER… maybe… just maybe… I’d consider drafting you to Shotgun… NEXT YEAR. Now get out of my office!

Myra: Fine. Have it your way then. But Jazmyn? Oh is she going to pay the price for what you just did…

[Myra has an angry look on her face as she turns around and leaves the scene. Allison breathes a sigh of annoyance once she leaves.]

Allison: The downward spiral continues. I’m pretty sure my old client is laughing at her if she’s watching this right now.

[Allison shakes her head and gets right back to business as the scene fades.]

(We cut backstage where we find Steve and Derek Powers. In between them stands their sister, Aubrianna Powers. Off to the side, with microphone in hand, is GCW’s newest roving reporter Brittany Kayl.)

Kayl: Folks, right now I’m with the self-proclaimed VERY BEST…ABSOLUTE BEST…and whatever else they claim to be, that would be Steve, Derek, and Aubrianna Powers!

Derek: What do you mean “self-proclaimed”? We are the best and we back it up each and every night.

Steve: Unlike you, whose career has descended to journalism.

(Brittany rolls her eyes.)

Aubrianna: Look, Britt, my brothers may be dense sometimes, but they are absolutely right. We are THE VERY BEST…THE ABSOLUTE BEST…and I AM THE SEXIEST OF THEM ALL!

(She smirks.)

Aubrianna: I have beaten former world champions already. And my brothers have out-classed and out-performed some of the best tag teams in GCW. Now those wannabe’s on Shotgun can claim to deserve a tag title shot, but everyone knows that THE VERY BEST Tag Team deserves the first shot.

Kayl: I assume you mean Chantelle, Christy, and Cody. But after tonight, you could find yourselves separated, some of you on Shotgun and some on Livewire, or ALL three of you on Shotgun. How will that affect your plans?

Aubrianna: It doesn’t matter where we land, Brittany. We are The Powers and GCW is the house that the Powers family built, and we would dominate Shotgun just as easily as we dominated Livewire.

(Aubrianna, Steve, and Derek walk away. We cut back to the arena where the draft is still going on. Francis and Allison are using telephones on their desks to talk to one another. They each hang up and smile approvingly, confident of whatever move they just made. Then Dr. Henry Van Stanton returns to the stage, presumably with results.)

Henry: Time for more results! Going to Shotgun, former Global Tag Team Champions…Sophie and Mark O’Brian, TOTAL WAR!

(Images of Sophie and Mark appear on the screen.)

Henry: And drafted to Livewire, former World Tag Team Champions, former Global Tag Team Champions, back to back Tag Team of the Year Award Winners…Allison Lorraine and The Ginger Enigma, GINGER NATION!

(Images of Allison and Enigma appear on the screen.)

Allison: People may not like Total War’s tactics, I certainly do not approve of their tactics, but their achievements in this sport are second to none, both as individuals and as a tag team. Shotgun is proud to have them on our brand.

Francis: Yes, Total War is indeed a good catch for your brand, but the Ginger Nation has been the top tag team for a long time now. Now the Ginger Nation is moving into a new era of its existence. I look forward to granting Allison and Enigma the opportunity to succeed on their own.

(We cut backstage. Sophie and Mark are watching the proceedings from their dressing room. Sophie has a grin on her face.)

Sophie: Excellent…

Mark: Wait, this don’t make sense.

(Sophie rolls her eyes.)

Sophie: Nothing makes sense to you, my dear brother. So what else is new?

Mark: Yeah but I thought you wanted to work with Arcadia Chavez. Now you two are on different shows.

Sophie: Trust me, Mark, I am the brains of this operation, after all. Everything is going according to my plans. In short order, I will be dominating GCW…as I always should have been…

(Mark grins.)

Mark: So does this mean we’re going after the tag titles? I’d love to get my hands on the Jones bitches!

Sophie: The tag team championship is definitely in our sight, but my dear brother, you think too small by focusing just on the titles. My plans extend beyond just tag team gold.

[The show fades to the locker room and the crowd erupts with cheers once they see GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas begin to pack some of her things knowing that the draft is reaching its conclusion soon. She’s in a relaxed mood, but she’s unaware that she’s about to get herself in a deep conversation.]

Voice: You wanted to talk to me?

[Victoria stops packing her things and turns to her right, spotting Jazmyn Rain who appears to be in good spirits. Victoria offers a slight smile as she responds to her.]

Victoria: Hey, Jaz! Yeah, I did want to talk to you.

[Jazmyn walks toward her and the two exchange a quick hug once they meet.]

Jazmyn: So, what’s this thing you wanted to talk to me about?

Victoria: Sit down, this is important.

[The two sit down together with Victoria lightly grabbing Jazmyn by the wrists.]

Victoria: First off, as you know, the draft isn’t quite over yet. You could still be drafted to Shotgun, or hell, maybe Aphrodite and I end up trading places. You never really know.

Jazmyn: So, what are you getting at?

Victoria: What I’m getting at is that sometimes things may not go the way you want them to go. What if you get drafted to Shotgun? You’d be going for the World Championship and not the Global that you want to regain. The same would be true if Aphrodite got drafted to Shotgun and I got drafted to Livewire. I know you want to complete your own redemption story so bad and I’m with you. You know I’m going to be rooting for you, especially since five months ago, that’s what I did when I regained the World Championship. But how are you going to feel if you end up on a different show than the Global Championship?

Jazmyn: I’ve never thought of the possibility because I’ve always believed that regaining the Global Championship that was heartbreakingly and cruelly taken from me at last year’s….

Victoria: Jaz, stop it right there.

[Jazmyn is starting to grow confused.]

Victoria: You need to hear this. Regaining the Global Championship would be fitting, yes. And there’s nobody in GCW with a brain that doubts you’re going to be a world champion in GCW again. But again, sometimes things don’t go the way you want them to. You should know this because you wanted to be in the Resurrection main event this year and that didn’t happen. But the way you talk about Resurrection last year, even now, it tells me that you still harbor some pain from that night and for your sake, Jazmyn, you need to take whatever pain is left over from that night and… you need to let it go.

Jazmyn: What?!?!

Victoria: You’ve already beaten everyone responsible for that horrible night since then and I have no doubt you’re going to beat Myra again. But that shouldn’t motivate you anymore. It’s done with. I know that the only thing you have left to do is regain the title and that’s fine, but don’t let that be your driving motivator anymore. I’m speaking from experience. It took me HOW LONG to get through one of the most embarrassing stretches of my career in GCW? And I never came close to regaining the title I have now until I got over it. Say you and the Global championship stays on Livewire. Do you think Aphrodite Noel cares about last year’s Resurrection? Do you think she cares about the demons you’ve beaten? Do you think she cares about the evils you’ve overcome? No! She doesn’t care about any of those things. Yes, you’ve been fighting for GCW and you’ve done some amazing things dealing with Original Intent and ending Utopia, but this thing with Aphrodite… it’s not a “Good vs. Evil” battle.

Jazmyn: So what kind of battle is this then? I’m not denying her talent or what she’s capable of. But her ideologies? The way she carries herself? The way she won the championship to begin with? I can’t stand for that and I won’t stand for that. She wronged one of my friends, Vicky. I will never stop fighting for this company, I will never stop fighting for these people. What kind of battle is this?

Victoria: It’s a battle for your reward, Jazmyn. Don’t focus so much on “good and evil”. Don’t focus on last year’s Resurrection anymore. You’ve atoned for all that and then some. Focus on your redemption and making it come full circle! Consider Aphrodite the “final boss” in this redemption story you’ve been on since then. She’s the one thing in the way of your reward for all you’ve done for GCW since that night. You’ve come such a long way. Don’t use that night to motivate yourself anymore, use your incredible growth you’ve accomplished ever since to motivate yourself. I’m proud of you for how far you’ve come, but take it from someone who’s accomplished a redemption of her own, what I just laid out for you is the best way to approach this going forward. You want to keep fighting for GCW? Great. But keep your focus on the right things.

[Jazmyn doesn’t react initially, thinking about what Victoria is telling her.]

Jazmyn: Okay…

[Jazmyn nods.]

Jazmyn: I understand what you’re telling me. Whatever I have to do to earn that shot, I will earn it. You’re right, this isn’t a battle of good and evil. It’s the final chapter of the redemption I’ve been on for the last year. Like I said, I will never stop fighting for GCW and that’s why I am going to do whatever it takes to represent them again as GCW Global Champion when I get my opportunity and I promise you now, Vicky, that when that happens, I’m going to be a much better, a much stronger and a much improved representative of the company than I was the first time I had that championship. Thank you for telling me that. I needed to hear that. That leftover pain you mentioned? I can already start to feel it slip away!

Victoria: Good! I’m happy for you.

[Victoria and Jazmyn exchange a longer hug.]

Victoria: And when that day comes, you have no idea how proud I’ll be to call you one of my best friends in this business.

Jazmyn: Thanks Victoria!

[After the two let each other go, Jazmyn has a smile on her face and stands up. She takes a deep breath, but her body language indicates confidence.]

Jazmyn: On to my next fight and that fight? Slaying a near 30-year-old dragon in Myra Lynwood…

Victoria: You’re going to do just that… I’m very confident in it!

[Jazmyn responds with a smile before she turns and leaves the scene, confident in continuing that same fight she’s been fighting for the last year and what’s ahead as far as Myra is concerned.]

(We cut back to the arena where the draft is still going on. Francis and Allison are using telephones on their desks to talk to one another. They each hang up and smile approvingly, confident of whatever move they just made. Then Dr. Henry Van Stanton returns to the stage, presumably with results.)

Henry: Further results! Going to Livewire…the entity known as NIRVANA!

(The Nirvana members, Pierce Manning and Melanie, Sierra, and Jefferson, appear on the screen.)

Henry: And heading to Shotgun…the entity known as THE FAMILY OF CROWES!

(All Crowe family members appear on the screen, including Drake and Eliza Crow appearing most prominently.)

Backstage at the GCW draft show, and we find one of the most recent arrivals to GCW lurking backstage. Masque has found herself a cosy spot balanced on top of a stack of pallets, watching a monitor thats displaying all the current activities in the ring. She's half reclined, with a notepad balanced on her knee, thoughtfully chewing on the end of a pencil.

Moments later, Izumi Sato holding a couple water bottles in each hand.

Izumi: Ohh, I sure hope I didn’t miss anything. Draft shows are always so exciting!

She then spots Masque perched up on those pallets, a look of surprise on her almond face.

Izumi: Oh, hello!

She happily extends two of the water bottles in one hand, offering them to her fellow newcomer.

Izumi: Would you like some water?

Masque: That's very decent of you, thanks.

She tucks the pencil behind her ear to free up a hand, and accepts the offered bottle with a smile.

Masque: And I sort of heard your question. Nothing exciting happening that I've noticed, but then I'm still working out what I should be getting excited about. Anything that you're expecting?

Izumi: Expecting? No, not really.

She shakes her head.

Izumi: But it’s the unexpected that makes these things so much fun. It’s the intrigue, the speculation. Who will go where, and when? What kind of effect will that have on the show they’re leaving, and the show they’re joining?

A great big smile spreads across her face as she gesticulates about with excitement.

Izumi: What new alliances will be formed, or broken? What new rivalries will take shape?

She giggles softly, innocently; before uncapping her water and taking a gulp.

Izumi: It’s both exhilarating and scary at the same time!

Behind her mask, Masque looks thoughtful.

Masque: You know, I never really thought about it like that. Well, considering this is only my second week here, I’ve not done much thinking about anything GCW related, but you make a lot of sense.

She smiles.

Masque: So, if you don’t mind me asking, do you want to head for Livewire, or Shotgun?

Izumi’s shoulders slump a bit, as she lets out a soft sigh.

Izumi: My answer to that question is a lot more complicated than it probably should be. On one hand, I want to prove myself on Shotgun. I was on this brand a year ago too, and feel like I really let them down. So I’d like the opportunity to regain their trust, and win over the Shotgun fans again.

She sighs again, this time a little louder than the last.

Izumi: On the other hand, even though I’ve only just returned and am in a similar boat to you, moving over to Livewire could be good too. It would mean a fresh start for me. An opportunity to impress a new fanbase. No baggage, just a clean slate. Though some would argue that I don’t deserve it, and haven’t earned it yet. Plus, some folks from the Shotgun side might see it as me quitting again, even if the outcome is out of my control.

She lets that sink in for a minute, while meandering over to a wall that offers her a view of the monitor and the night’s events unfolding.

Izumi: Which would you pref--

She trails off, as something from the monitor catches her eye.

Izumi: Oh look! They're about to make an announcement!

She hops up on the pallets with Masque and the two women watch the proceedings together as we cut away. We cut back to the arena where the draft is still going on. Francis and Allison are using telephones on their desks to talk to one another. They each hang up and smile approvingly, confident of whatever move they just made. Then Dr. Henry Van Stanton returns to the stage, presumably with results.

Henry: Time for more results! Heading to Shotgun…KAREN MCBRIDE!

(In image of Karen McBride appears on the screen.)

Henry: And going to Livewire…ALICE!

Allison: Karen McBride hasn’t had a great year lately, especially with her family situation, but she is a former GCW International Champion and I believe Shotgun can give her the chance to return to form.

(Francis chuckles.)

Francis: Looking to the past, eh? That’s why Livewire will always be better. I look to the future to build up my brand and what I see when I look at Alice is the future. She has a great deal of potential which I hope to see fulfilled on MY Livewire Brand.

(We cut backstage where we find Janice King standing by with Allison Lorraine and The Ginger Enigma.)

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, I am here with the newest members of the Livewire Brand, Allison and Enigma, THE GINGER NATION!

Allison: Thank you, Janice, Enigma and I are just happy to be given this fresh start. Right, Enigma?

Enigma: MERDE!

(Allison and Janice both chuckle.)

Janice: The tag team scene appears to be heating up a great deal now that the titles have been merged. Are you and Enigma looking to jump into the mix and regain your titles?

Allison: We definitely hope so, but we’re not under the illusion of some immediate title shot. We know full well we’ll have to earn any opportunity we get, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Enigma: SMOOSHED!

Allison: So The Very Best Tag Team, Nirvana, even The Sisterhood, we’ll go through anyone to get our shot. Right, Enigma?

Enigma: ZIPPY!

(Allison and Enigma walk off.)

[Cilver's "I'm America” cues up to a spotlight shining on the entrance curtain as Uliana kicks things off with a spoken version of the song's chorus.]

# I'm America, drink the water
I'm America, bring you life
I'm America, I'm your daughter
Nobody left behind #

[Just as the song kicks into high gear, the entrance curtains are launched to the sides as the beautiful Hannah Kristiansen steps out onto the stage. She's clad in her usual ring gear, complete with boxer's robe, a US flag bandana over her mane of long wavy blonde hair, and dog tags hanging from a chain around her neck. Gazing out at the crowd, Hannah marches aisle, slapping a few outstretched hands as she passes by. Upon arriving at ringside, she ascends the steps and stops on the apron, turning to face the crowd. There, feet at shoulder width, she throws her robe open and off in dramatic fashion, leaving her arms outstretched like an eagle - exposing her outfit beneath. She then pulls the flag bandana from her head, and tosses it into the crowd. Besides her usual ring gear, Hannah has on a Livewire t-shirt over top. Turning, she slips through the ropes and paces around a moment, accepting a microphone from the ring attendant as the song fades out.]

Hannah: You know, I was in the back there, thinking about what I'd say if Shotgun drafted me.

[Some of the more tribal fans in the audience start to boo.]

Hannah: I had this big spiel all planned out, focused on getting them all riled up for my selection. It was so good, I was getting riled up!

[More boos from the crowd. They don't get why she's focusing on Shotgun, when she's just been drafted to Livewire. WTF?!]

Hannah: Then the other shoe dropped, and I'm standing here wearing a Livewire shirt instead of a Shotgun shirt.

[Hannah makes a face as if to say "Really?" This draws even more boos from the fans, who are growing increasingly upset with her lack of respect for their brand.]

Hannah: FUCK YEAH!

[Wait, what?]

Hannah: It doesn't matter whether I'm drafted to Livewire or to Shotgun.

[More boos. Of COURSE it matters... to them.]

Hannah: No matter how the cookie crumbled, I couldn't be happier. But now that I'm still on Livewire, I don't need to worry about riling you up, 'cause you've already seen me in action.

[And yet more boos. What started as a murmur is now a roar.]

Hannah: So instead...

[She trails off, a smirk creasing her lips.]

Hannah: I get this opportunity to fuck with your heads a bit, and give you a taste of just what to expect moving forward!

[Ahhh. Now they start to get it.]

Hannah: But it's not all going to be fun and games, oh no. I didn't come to GCW to fuck around and shoot the shit; though both are a Hell of a lotta' fun!

[She shakes her head as the fans are a bit more receptive to what she's saying now.]

Hannah: They don't call me the All American Badass for my comedy act! I want to get between those ropes, and throw down with the best and brightest that GCW has to offer! I'M HERE TO FIGHT!

[Looks like she's starting to rile up the fans after all.]

Hannah: I don't care who it is, when it is, or where, I want to kick the ever living shit outta' some fuckers!

[She pauses for a beat.]

Hannah: 'Cause that's what we do here, right?!

[The crowd's really getting into it now. Thank the gods for short-term memories.]

Hannah: It's nothing personal. No bad blood. I just want that championship gold, and I'm willing to go through anyone and everyone to get it. But you fuckers--

[She points to a section of the crowd that is definitely its Shotgun contingent.]

Hannah: Get the privilege to see it all up close and personal! Now some folks might be thinking--

[She puts on a fake tone.]

Hannah: "But Hannah, you just got here! How can you possibly be thinking about winning gold already?! You're untested! You don't deserve it!"

[She drops the fake tone.]

Hannah: Now tell me, do I look like I actually give a fuck?! Go big or go home, right?!

[She nods her head.]

Hannah: Oh you bet your ass I'm shooting straight for the top, status quo be damned! It's still a long road ahead, even I'm not foolish enough to ignore that; but you know what?

[The crowd falls silent, eager to hear what she has to say.]

Hannah: When that day comes, you Livewire fans will get to tell your friends that you were there! That you watched my progression every step of the way - from big-mouthed rookie upstart to big-mouthed veteran champion! Not on Shotgun! They had their chance and they passed me by! But on LIVEWIRE!

[BOOM goes the roof! Hannah rolls out of the ring and makes her way to the back, taking time to slap as many hands as she can.]

Henry: And now for more results! Going to Shotgun…KAI MAXIMA!

(An image of Kai Maxima appears on the screen.)

Henry: And going to Livewire, his record speaks for itself, a former champion…TRAVIS VESSEY!

(An I mage of Travis Vessey appears on the screen.)

Henry: Drafted to Shotgun…former GCW World Tag Team Champion and Newcomer of the Year DARIAN ANDREWS…as well as former Odyssey member IAN MCKINNON!

(Images of Darian and Ian appear on the screen.)

Henry: In exchange, Livewire receives former X Division Champion, Civil War Winner, and one half of the Resurrection VI Main Event…ISABELLA HARKER!

(An image of Isabella Harker appears on the screen.)

Allison: Kai, Darian, and Ian…we are proud to have them on Shotgun and they will make up the future of the Shotgun Brand.

Francis: Maybe so, but I outdueled you here in this negotiation, Mayberry. Travis Vessey has been a consistent star in GCW and a multiple time title holder. And I don’t even have to bring up Isabella’s accomplishments this year. They will bring about Livewire’s continued dominance in GCW.

(We cut backstage to the parking lot area. We spot Melanie McBride about to get into a limousine.)

“Melanie, wait!”

(Melanie stops and turns around. She finds her sister, Karen McBride approaching. Melanie rolls her eyes.)

Melanie: Oh dear, what do you want?

Karen: I suppose you’re happy. We’re on separate brands.

(Melanie grins nastily.)

Melanie: It does get you out of my hair…

Karen: Damn it, Melanie!

(Karen sighs as she tries to calm herself down.)

Karen: Melanie…please, just listen…

(Melanie taps her wristwatch.)

Melanie: Your time is limited, Karen.

Karen: Look, I know I’m biologically a Leonard. And I know what I did in the past when I was a teenager. You try to shame me with it and a part of me is ashamed but I also understand that I did what I had to do to help my family. But then I got a new family…your family…and your parents were good to me, Melanie. I can never payback their kindness and that’s why I view myself as a McBride, not a Leonard. And as for you…

(She sighs.)

Karen: …you were the sister I always wanted but never had. We were close, Melanie. Very close. I just want that relationship again, that’s all.

Melanie: Karen, I…

(Melanie shakes her head.)

Melanie: I’m not sure that’s possible.

Karen: I’ve been thinking about things a lot, Melanie. You seemed so unhappy in that great big mansion in that life as a McBride. I guess that’s why we took to each other so well. All I ever wanted for you is to be happy, Melanie. So if this life is what makes you happy then…I won’t interfere…

(Karen walks off. We cut back to the arena where the draft is still going on. Francis and Allison are using telephones on their desks to talk to one another. They each hang up and smile approvingly, confident of whatever move they just made. Then Dr. Henry Van Stanton returns to the stage, presumably with results.)

Henry: It is time for the final results of the evening! Drafted to Livewire…co-founder of Ginger Nation, former GCW Gingernational Champion, former GCW World Tag Team Champion, former GCW Global Tag Team Champion…JENNI ANDERSON!

(An image of Jenni Anderson appears on the screen.)

Henry: And the final result of the night, drafted to Shotgun…13 time World Champion, GDW Hall of Famer, MCW Hall of Famer, GCW Hall of Famer, and the former owner of Global Championship Wrestling… “The British Bombshell” GLORY BRADDOCK!

(Glory Braddock steps out onto the stage to loud cheers from the audience. She embraces Dr. Henry Van Stanton and then he hands her the microphone after breaking the embrace.)

Glory: Well bloody hell, I’m going to miss some friends of mine on Livewire, but damn it feels good to be heading to Shotgun!

(Allison applauds happily with a confident grin on her face.)

Glory: Make no mistake about it, Victoria…or whomever the champion may be…I’m coming after your GCW World Championship very soon, but first I have other business to deal with.

(She glares intensely into the camera.)

Glory: Julia Braddock made me tap out, fair play to her, but she can’t just take her win and be happy. She has to take a few victory laps. She has to try to rub it in. Now it’s time to teach her a lesson that she won’t soon forget. One match is just one match, it doesn’t mean a great deal in the grand scheme of things, even if you did make me tap…

(She shakes her head.)

Glory: …but what will make a difference is seeing if you can go the distance with The Best in the World. What is the longest match you’ve wrestled, Julia? Ask yourself that. I’ve gone longer than sixty minutes and come out victorious. So if you want to really prove that you’re better than me, take my challenge…Julia Braddock versus Glory Braddock in an Iron Man Match!

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2017 GCW Draft Results!

Post by admin » Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 am

Out of Character

Not everyone's character was mentioned. Only those specifically named ended up changing brands. So if you didn't see your character named, then your character stayed where they were at. Although, if you're still confused. Below is a breakdown of the rosters as they stand right now. I have highlighted those who changed brands. If I missed your name, that's my fault, it is early and I am tired lol just know that if your name was NOT mentioned in the draft result, then the character stayed where they were at.

SHOTGUN

Victoria Salinas
Karina Lysenko
Alexander Midas
Dominic Baine
Katherine Prescott
Slade Merriman
Axl Austin
JaMarcus Avery
Caitlyn Perry
Karen McBride
Kai Maxima