Chantelle Chambers Special Update

Corner G

Chantelle Chambers Special Update

Post by Corner G » Mon May 31, 2021 11:43 am

NEWS REPORT: Prior to Night 3 of GCW Resurrection X, newly-crowned Global Tag Team Champion Chantelle Chambers was recorded in the ring. While GCW cameras did not cover this, we received the following from a fan in attendance...

---

"Ahem ahem ahem..."

Broderick "The Brod" Chase steps out on top of the ramp, a microphone in his hand. The crowd gives a mixed reaction, showing respect for the man who has provided so many wrestling memories over the years while acknowledging his current status as advisor to Chantelle Chambers.

Brod: “Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you wrestling’s most vivacious and greatest Knockout... since July of 2015, she has set the standard of excellence in Global Championship Wrestling. Two nights ago, she completed the Grand Slam by winning the GCW Global Tag Team Championships with her close personal friend, Aubrianna Powers. Tonight, she promises an announcement that will shake this company to it's core. I present to you, Resurrection X, the one... the ONLY... the Beverly Hills Bombshell… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS!! WOOOOO!!!”

“More" by Usher begins to play out over the crowd. Chantelle Chambers steps out on top of the stage, clad in a gown deserving of an Academy Awards red carpet, her newly-won Championship belt around her waist. As she looks out over the crowd, she stretches her arms out to receive her adulation from the crowd. She throws her sunglasses aside and begins to walk down towards the ring, followed by The Brod, who’s grinning like a Cheshire cat the whole way. When they get to the ring, The Brod rushes to the apron first, lifting the ropes up for his client to step through. Chambers does and stands in the ring, reaching aside for the microphone that Broderick gingerly places in her hand. She turns to her mentor and manager and gives him a close hug as he whispers something in her ear. Stepping back out of the ring, Broderick acquiesces the full spotlight to his client, who looks out over the crowd.

Chantelle: "Two nights ago, I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I came to this ring and became Global Tag Team Champion, completing my Grand Slam and bringing to it's conclusion a quest that began when I first signed the dotted line six years ago. And before I continue, I want to assure you that Aubrianna and I will defend these Championships with pride... with dignity... and we will set a standard of excellence unrivalled in professional wrestling!"

The reaction remains mixed.

Chantelle: "But that's not why I'm here... You see, when I signed with GCW six years ago, I did so in... rather conspicuous means. While some might say I didn't deserve the opportunities I received off the beginning, a first-match X-Division Championship match against a future Hall of Famer and a FORMER World Champion would be no tall task for anyone. But I had a great mind behind me, and I EARNED that Championship, just like I EARNED the Championships I carried over the next six years to this date. Sure, I ruffled some feathers along the way, but I like to think my contributions were invaluable in building this company up in his return from the dead."

The reaction grows a bit more positive.

Chantelle: "And there comes a time that when you know, you just know."

A hush falls over the crowd in anticipation of what Chantelle is going to say next.

Chantelle: "As I look around this arena, and I look down at the Championship around my waist, I feel fulfilled. I have done everything there is to do here. I have been World Champion. I have entered the Hall of Fame. I have main evented this very event. I have carried this company around in public appearances. I have been a loyal competitor here. I have given six years of my life to building GCW up and I don't regret a single thing!"

Now the reaction is increasingly positive...

Chantelle: "But all good things must come to an end... so I'm here to announce that after Resurrection 11 next year, I'll be hanging up these boots and looking to help grow talent into World Champions just like you'll see Chanel Hunter become soon enough! I am going to build GCW up in a different way. But this isn't a time for sadness, oh no. You still get one year of Chantelle Chambers' farewell tour! Soak it in, everybody... because this tour is going to be unlike any farewell tour you have EVER seen before... as everyone will have one last chance to keep ALL... EYES... ON... ME!"

Her music plays again as Chantelle lowers the microphone. The crowd gives a positive reaction as she waves out before the scene gets enveloped by fans standing in applause...