Livewire Exclusive

randy

Livewire Exclusive

Post by randy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:56 am

This segment was filmed but didn't air on Livewire last night.
[The scene opens backstage. Corey Jones can be seen in her locker room with the International Championship wrapped around her waist. There is a knock on the door, she goes to open it. Standing in the hallway is Kyle Butler. She gives him a kiss. He enters the locker room, she closes the door.]

Butler: Thank goodness Janelle approved my backstage pass for the show. I wasn’t going to miss your first night as champion. Plus it's way cheaper than buying a ringside seat.

Archangel: Enjoy it while you can. I am The Archangel, Kyle, and I am going to bring my own brand of order to the chaos of the Livewire Brand. And I have a sneaking suspicion that Janelle may not appreciate my methods, nor will she appreciate me if I end up having to challenge her in the near future.

Butler: Someone needs to keep Glory and her goons in check. Have fun. Wish I could join you in the fight but I’m stuck on Shotgun.

[She frowns.]

Archangel: You say that as if being on Shotgun is a bad thing. Your friend Neil is there. Summer is there. Is that a bad thing?

Kyle: Normally it wouldn’t be. I feel Neil is straying away from what makes the Golden Era unique. I was blindsided by his change in perspective. Not everyone can be as blessed as me and him coming from an ametur background. That doesn’t mean we are better than everyone who doesn’t.

(Kyle shrugs.)

Kyle: We respect the business. We give the fans out there something to look forward too, pure wrestling without the extra stuff. Shouldn’t shock me, when we were in college, there were rumors going around Neil had an elitist attitude, he never showed that with me. Am I missing something? Am I behind the times?

Corey: I suspect Summer may be involved.

(She sighs.)

Corey: Summer is a great wrestler but she learned every dirty trick in the book from the dirtiest players in the sport, namely her brother Michael Collins and her sister in law Meagan Collins. She can appear to be a good girl, playing by the rules or she can appear to be the preppy cheerleader, but at the end of the day she is always looking for a way to advance herself and her agenda. Perhaps she is influencing Neil and causing him to regress?

(She points at Kyle.)

Corey: Remember, it was you and Neil that forced us to be your personal cheerleaders many years ago.

Kyle: I remember. We were two jocks who wanted to relive our college days. We weren’t exactly ladies men back then. In any event, we didn’t need prodding or manipulation then, who knows, maybe this is the real Neil. I’ve been blind for years. Doesn’t make him any less my friend.

(Kyle grabs Corey’s hand.)

Kyle: Tell me what I’m missing. You’ve embraced who you are, and I love you all the more for it. I believe we are drawn to people for a reason. Our initial beginning didn’t start out like a typical romantic novel, we did make it this far. We are meant to be together, ya know? If I am missing the boat, if I am being too idealistic, if I am doing something wrong, let me know. Adapt or perish like you said. I don’t want to perish.

Corey: The one thing Summer is right about is that the number one aspect of this sport is winning. But just because winning is so important, that doesn’t mean you do whatever you have to do to win. That doesn’t mean you throw the rulebook out the window and cheat. However, if your enemies are using the rules against you...then consider the rulebook thrown out the window and create justice by any means necessary. Does that make sense?

(Kyle nods.)

Kyle: Yes. It does. Enough about me. This is your night. International Title qualifiers should be interesting.

Corey: All of them are worthy contenders. Graves and Andrews have been doing quite well. You can never discount Meagan Collins. The newcomer Kai Maxima has a tremendous upside. Plus there’s Brittany Kayl, a former champion in her own right. And of course there’s Anastasia Jones…

(She sneers.)

Corey: ...I hope I get my hands on Anastasia.

Kyle: She has been a pest, she needs to be taught a lesson.

Corey: I will teach her that lesson...or I will destroy her, one or the other.

Kyle: And I will be right here cheering you on. So lets enjoy the show. I’ll help your with scouting.

(Corey smiles warmly, which has been rare since her change into Archangel.)

Corey: Thanks!