Adversity (Jazmyn Rain CD)

Jazmyn Rain

Adversity (Jazmyn Rain CD)

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 am

Date: August 13, 2017

It’s the morning after GCW’s For Glory & Gold Pay-Per-View in Montreal and the events of the night before are weighing on the mind of Jazmyn as she and her boyfriend Derek are taking a morning stroll through the park. Jazmyn is still feeling the physical effects of her Global title challenge against Aphrodite Noel so for the most part, she’s limiting her physical activity to walking. Wearing a pair of gray sweats with a matching sweatshirt, both trimmed by a neon orange, Jazmyn looks down at her black, orange-trimmed Nikes as she weighs these thoughts, her facial expression hidden by a pair of sunglasses and an orange visor. Derek is looking a little concerned for his girlfriend as he walks beside her.

Derek: Jaz?

Jazmyn keeps walking, maintaining her pace.

Derek: Are you okay? Do you need to talk.

Jazmyn looks at Derek as the couple keeps walking.

Jazmyn: Yeah, I’m fine!

Jazmyn says this with a smile.

Derek: Can you really look me in the eye and say that?

Jazmyn pauses her walk and as a result, Derek does the same. She removes her sunglasses and places them on her visor. Smiling again, the look in her eyes indicates that her words are genuine.

Jazmyn: I’m okay, Derek.

Derek takes a sigh, shaking his head.

Derek: Look, I love your resolve but how can you be okay? Of all the ways to lose a Global Championship match, it had to be like THAT? I don’t understand it. It seems like you have the worst luck ever when it comes to Global title matches. I mean, the last time you fought one… before tonight… that was when…

Derek pauses, knowing that Jazmyn is well past that cruel night when the Global Championship was robbed from her to begin with.

Derek: Never mind. I was so damn confident you’d be the Global Champion right now.

Jazmyn: You weren’t the only one.

Derek: I’m still astounded by the whole thing. You smiled your way through it. You stood up for the fans, you walked out of the ring with your head held high. I’ve never seen you act so resolvent before but I shouldn’t be surprised. You’ve grown so much in the last year and you showed why. I just…

Derek pauses, sighing in annoyance.

Derek: You were robbed last night, honestly.

Jazmyn: That’s one way to look at it.

Derek: You had your foot on the ropes though…

Jazmyn: The referee missed it. What was I supposed to do? Throw a fit and a rage and start destroying things around the ring while accusing him of conspiring with Aphrodite to screw me over? I know it’s Montreal, but…

Derek: But nothing! You should be the Global Champion right now! Period! I’m sorry if I’m being a little too abrasive, but god damn it Jaz, you’ve been waiting seventeen months to be the Global Champion again. It took you that long to even get another SHOT at it and you had to go through basically the entire Livewire roster to even get that shot because you were classy enough to NOT take that shortcut and use your rematch clause from before. You mean to tell me that after everything you’ve overcome… Trenton, Glory, Utopia… it’s going to end like THAT? You mean to tell me that the least deserving GCW Global Champion period in Aphrodite Noel is going to just get away with this?

Jazmyn sighs, showing apparent disapproval with her boyfriend’s apparent misconstrued passion.

Jazmyn: Let’s take a deep breath first, okay?

Derek: You know I’m right, Jaz! It can’t end like THAT!

Jazmyn: I know and it WON’T end like that, trust me. But let’s not overreact. It’s just one more piece of adversity that I have to go through in order to be Global Champion again. Yeah, easier said than done, but there’s no way the ending of that match is going to be overlooked. First off, calling Aphrodite the “least deserving Global Champion” is an insult to her abilities…

Derek: I’m sorry Jazmyn, but I HATE her!

Jazmyn: I’m no fan of her either, Derek, but that doesn’t mean you have to denigrate her abilities as a professional wrestler.

Derek: But the way she’s been talking about you…

Jazmyn: I know…

Derek: She acts and talks like you’re the worst thing that’s ever happened to her. Seriously. “Her existence got to me”. COME ON!

Jazmyn slightly bites her lower lip, realizing that Derek is getting a bit heated. She’s trying to figure out how to calm him down as it’s become obvious to her that Derek is taking the entire situation a lot more personal than she is.

Derek: That bitch has been saying and doing everything she can to make YOU look like the evil one.

Jazmyn: I know…

Derek: And now it’s gotten to the point where she even refused to mention you by name. You know, those fans had it right when they chanted “not my champion” at her after the fact. Fucking hell, I was hoping you would shut her up yesterday but no! Her misery of a Global title reign continues!

Jazmyn: Derek!!!

Derek: Jaz... I’m sorry but…

Jazmyn: And you think calling her a bitch and calling her Global title reign a “misery” is going to help?

Derek: It’s not fair, Jazmyn. Nothing about last night was fair. The referee blew it. I know deep down in my heart that if he had seen your foot on the rope and the match continued, you would have eventually won.

Jazmyn: Maybe I would have, or maybe she would have won anyway. But again, this kind of rhetoric is not going to help.

Derek takes a deep breath, trying to relax. He gently places his hands on Jazmyn’s shoulders and looks her right in the eyes.

Derek: I don’t understand any of this and I don’t understand how you’re not letting this bother you as much as it should. I hope you understand where I come from. I love you more than anything else on this planet and I want nothing but the greatest of happiness for you. Being Global Champion again is what’s going to make that happen, you and I both know that. It was heartbreaking for me to see that happen to you. Aphrodite is one of my least favorite wrestlers in GCW. Period. If the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was a real thing….

Jazmyn: DEREK!!!!

Jazmyn is so disgusted with what Derek was about to say she pushes his hands off her shoulders.

Jazmyn: I get it! But you’re taking this way too far. I appreciate that you’re there for me but you’re letting this get you down more than I’m letting it get me down.

Derek: Just help me understand how you’re able to just smile your way through something like that…

Jazmyn: First off, as you know, I’ve been through MUCH worse than that. Secondly, listen… she is what she is and I can’t stand her myself. The way she has treated my friends and how she’s been unapologetic through it all, the hurtful, negative things she’s said about me… yeah, that irks me. But do you think responding to all this, plus the adversity of last night, with negativity and hatred is going to solve anything? It’s not! To be honest Derek, the way you’re reacting to last night bothers me more than the actual event itself.

Derek: ...oh…

A look of guilt creeps onto Derek’s face as he begins to realize how Jazmyn is feeling.

Derek: I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you in any way.

Jazmyn: You’re okay. I know that’s the love and passion you have for me coming out.

Jazmyn smiles before she continues.

Jazmyn: Last night was rough, yes. I obviously wish things would have ended differently and especially not the way it did. But did you hear the way those people cheered for me after I was the only one left in the ring? That meant the world to me because that showed me that they have my back through what’s obviously a rough time right now. I’m not going to get the Global Championship back by complaining about this or by saying mean and nasty things about Aphrodite or feeling sorry for myself because it’s taken me as long as it has to be Global Champion again or because of the cruel way I lost the title in the first place. I have to be strong through this Derek, and the best way for me to do that is to smile, take a deep breath, and remind myself that last night wasn’t going to be my last chance to get that title back. In some way or another, I’m going to get another chance and I promise you, when I get that chance, I’m going to make it happen.

Jazmyn grabs his hands and continues to look at him with a reassuring smile.

Jazmyn: I promise, I’m going to get through this the better woman and I’m going to get through this stronger and better and I’m going to be Global Champion again. Don’t be negative, Derek. I refuse to be. I’m being positive and strong through this. I need you to be positive and strong with me! Please?

Jazmyn gives Derek a slight “puppy eyes” look that’s a definite heart-melter. Derek pulls her hands toward him and gives them a quick kiss.

Derek: Alright. I can do that. I’m sorry I was being so negative. When you were in that hospital, fighting for your life last year, and I was right there by you, not one negative thought crossed my mind. I knew you were going to win that battle. You overcome some hardcore adversity then You’re going to win this battle with adversity too! I love you!

Jazmyn: I love you too!

The two give each other a warm embrace before they exchange a couple of kisses.

Jazmyn: This isn’t the end. Just one more episode of adversity to deal with before the big night comes… whenever that is!

Jazmyn and Derek smile at each other as they hold hands and continue their stroll through the park. Jazmyn continues to maintain her confidence knowing that this latest obstacle in her wrestling career on her journey to break through that proverbial glass ceiling and

Return to “General Roleplay Board”