The Answer (Andrea RP)

Jazmyn Rain

The Answer (Andrea RP)

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 am

Date: October 17, 2017

Andrea Hernandez is in a glum mood as she arrives at the Seattle Wrestling Academy, quite a small scale school compared to others in the industry that have been noted, but certainly a bigger deal than the one her father ran back home in Sedona. She’s had a rough day, largely due to her own confidence issues and much of the Twitter criticism (some would say cyberbullying) she gets on the regular. It’s getting close to closing time at this point so there’s little going on, but she waits in the lobby for the arrival of Victoria Salinas, who didn’t keep her waiting long.

Andrea: Hey…

Victoria: You look bummed.

Andrea: Yeah, I’m… questioning so much at the moment.

Victoria: I know, I’ve seen your social media activity today. I did want to talk to you.

Andrea: About?

Victoria: Follow me…

Andrea doesn’t hesitate, trusting Victoria through this as they both walk out of the lobby and into the main hallway of the facility that eventually takes them to the main gym, where a handful of classes and close to a hundred or so students are training and working hard to launch their professional wrestling careers.

Victoria: This right here, Andrea… it’s where it all started for me.

Andrea: And Casey…

Victoria: Right, but she’s not important. It’s quite nice, isn’t it?

Andrea: A lot nicer than where I trained, that’s for sure.

Victoria: Andrea, listen to me. It doesn’t matter where you trained. It doesn’t matter if it was a makeshift school in Sedona, Arizona your father put his life savings into, or Ante Up Academy…

Andrea: Don’t tell that to anyone associated with UWA now…

Victoria pauses, looking down on the floor to process Andrea’s stubborn negativity. Taking a small breath, she’s smart enough to realize that this visit is going to be a little tougher than initially expected.

Andrea: This is very nice though…

Victoria: Mind seeing me in my office?

Andrea: You have an office here? Wow! Look at you!

Victoria: Hey, owning 45 percent of this place has its perks too. Though, it’s not on the top floor like Mr. Holliday’s is. Yeah, I ended up with a first floor office… *laughs*... no big deal. Let’s talk in there.

Andrea and Victoria walk through the main gym with Victoria saying hello to a few students that greet her along the way. In just a few short minutes, they’re inside of Victoria’s office which isn’t necessarily anything fancy, but accommodating. Andrea, seemingly nervous about what’s going to happen, leans against a corner of the room and folds her arms, still wearing a sad pout on her face. Victoria notices her body language and looks sympathetic for a split moment before deciding to change her tune slightly.

Victoria: Andrea, listen to me. We’re going to cut right to it. UWA is a thing of the past. It’s time for you to get over it.

Andrea: ...and you are?

Victoria: Actually, yes I am. I left because I was tired of being a loner. Having no friends to depend on is a very harrowing feeling and I know you felt the same thing. Contract was going to expire on Halloween, but they let me go early. You did the right thing too. It was no secret you were far more miserable there than I could have been.

Andrea: But I’m so confused. How can you be over it?

Victoria: I’ve done more than enough in my career to know that in all honesty, whatever anyone there has to say about me doesn’t matter. That company does not define my career. I know that when it’s all said and done for me, the company that I know will be the one I’m most remembered for is GCW. GCW is my home. I understand you’re still finding your way and I get that it’s terribly frustrating. I get why it UWA bothers you far, far more than it ever could bother me. But you can’t spend the rest of your career moping about it.

Andrea: You wouldn’t understand…

Andrea’s eyes start to well up in tears, but she’s able to stop them from flowing.

Andrea: I had my heart torn out of me again and again and again. While this latest Ante Up graduate was getting so much hype, and while this latest product of this “prestigious” wrestling family was getting all the spotlight, I was a redheaded stepchild there. I got dismissed constantly. That CUNT Christy Hightower just acted like I didn’t exist. Then you got these Ante Up doppelgangers acting like they know everything and all these bitches talking down to me like I’m fucking nobody. How can going through something like that NOT hurt? It DID! I tried, and tried, and tried, but it’s like nothing was EVER good enough for ANYONE in that division OR in that company. It haunts the crap out of me, Vicky. I failed there and I’m doing everything I can to break out in GCW, but no matter how hard I try, it’s just… it’s the same thing! Myra, Adrian, Casey, Jenni, Loretta, Gabby… bloody hell, I take criticism and bullshit from all angles and I don’t know how much longer I can handle this!

The tears start to stroll down her face at this point.

Andrea: I WANT to be either North American or International Champion, but I know I’m not worthy of that yet. Before I can do that, I need to have my big, breakthrough moment… the moment that I’ve come so close to having countless times but always eludes me. I’m at a loss for ideas, Vicky. I feel like I’m doing everything right but it’s never enough. Whether people like Jenni beat me down, whether Jenni and Kendra lure me into a trap… I’m tired of it! It’s like I’m always going to be the damsel in distress everyone’s going to take advantage of.

Andrea continues to cry as she lets out so much of her frustrations, most of which aren’t GCW related, but have nevertheless piled up over these last few months. Victoria nods in understanding as she process what she just heard.

Victoria: Andrea, you want to know why it’s “never enough”? Because there actually is ONE thing that you’re doing wrong.

Andrea: I know… not getting over all the UWA crap…

Victoria: You’re in the ballpark, but no. You’ve got everything it takes to be a big star in this business… yeah I know you’ve heard that before… and you’ve come so far and learned so much, but the one thing that you are doing wrong, that is holding you back from realizing your potential is the fact that you are wrestling between those ropes every second Saturday in front of a GCW audience with anger and bitterness in your heart. You’ve had flashes of brilliance, such as your feud with Myra where you DID beat her, but that’s why you’re struggling to have your “big breakthrough moment”. You’re not going to have that until you make your heart pure again! You need to purge it of all the anger and bitterness that’s in there.

Andrea: I just want 2017 to end…

Victoria: Don’t sell this year short. It’s been a building and learning year for you. I know what Myra and Utopia did to you was brutal, but it was losing THAT MATCH to Cam Knowles that made you lose your smile. And then everything that’s happened, with every instance of bullying, with all of the UWA nonsense, the Utopia nonsense… it’s just built and built. Albeit, you’re over Utopia but come on, have some common sense here. Francis choosing you for Team Livewire because of your tag team experience is “insulting” and “overlooking you”? You’re so distracted and held down by all of this anger and bitterness that it’s keeping you from meeting your potential.

Andrea: What do I do, Vicky? How do I make it stop?

Andrea pauses to wipe some more tears away.

Andrea: I want that “breakthrough moment” so bad you have no idea…

Victoria: I know… and I understand. First thing you need to do is kill the elephant in the room: UWA. I know that experience there was a confidence breaker, but you think IWC wasn’t when I dealt with that nonsense? You know what I did, Andrea? I eventually shut off the hatred. Was it easy? Was it overnight? No. But UWA, that division, everyone in that division… as far as you’re concerned, they don’t matter anymore. You’re not there anymore. It’s over. Write it off as a loss and move on. When you win your first world championship…

Andrea: WHEN?

Victoria: Yes, WHEN, because you have it in you to make it happen. But anyway, WHEN you win your first world championship someday, you won’t even remember you were even there. You don’t have to be from a mega-famous wrestling family or train at Ante Up to be a star in this business. You’re talking to someone who didn’t fit in either yet is a five-time world champion. Where you come from and where you train means NOTHING! So you were born and raised in Sedona, Arizona so that means you can’t make it? Bullshit! I was born in Columbia Falls, Montana, Andrea. Tell me, have you ever heard of that town before I mentioned it just now?

Andrea: I had no idea Columbia Falls, Montana existed.

Victoria: Exactly my point! Who cares if your last name isn’t Lohan, Street, Chase or Jones? Does having a last name other than those four automatically mean you won’t succeed in this business and that you’ll never be a star? Hell no! It means nothing, Andrea. THEY mean nothing! So, you need to take everything about UWA and you need to purge it from your heart because there is no way in hell I am going to let you walk out that door being down in the dumps and beating yourself up because you “failed” there. You didn’t fail there, Andrea. It just wasn’t the place for you. It happens. I’ve wrestled in TWO places that weren’t for me and IWC is one of them. And each time? I’ve bounced back. You’ve got all the heart in the world to turn this whole thing around, you just need to learn how to use it right.

Andrea: How do you do it?

Victoria: I may not be on the best of terms with my mentor these days, but the first time we ever met, she gave me some very great advice, advice that I’m going to give to you. All it takes? You just got to work hard and hope for the best. It’s NOT complicated. The trying times are tough, but when you get through them by busting your ass, you’re going to achieve success. And you can never… EVER doubt yourself in this business. Keep your head and your hopes up. YOU determine your success, not UWA, not Ante Up, not Myra, not Jenni… YOU.

Andrea stands there, eyes still glistening a bit, soaking every word in for a few moments.

Andrea: That’s it then… that’s the answer I’ve been searching for, forever. All this time, I’ve been wrestling to shut people up and to prove them wrong… I get it now. I’ve been wrestling for the wrong reasons all because of one stupid title match that I didn’t win. They’re not going to have power over me anymore and god, I can’t thank you enough for everything. Heck… it just hit me that not coming from this wrestling family or that wrestling school actually makes me MORE unique, not less.

Victoria: Exactly!

Andrea can finally smile as she and Victoria walk toward each other and give each other a quick, though warm, hug. From here, their conversation takes a more lighthearted turn but for Andrea, this latest epiphany as well as the answers being revealed to her, was a much-needed enlightenment that will very well lead her to her “big breakthrough moment”, whenever that may come.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”