Coach's Nightmare

admin
Site Admin

Coach's Nightmare

Post by admin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:17 am

OCTOBER of 2012

Summer Collins and her tag team partner Jessica Jones have been serving as the personal cheerleaders for Golden Era for two months now. They put up a brave face for the public and resisted early on but then Neil Newman hired someone to keep them under control.

Her name was simply Coach.

Coach is a strict, tough, woman who drives a hard training regimen. Her job is not only to make sure they know their cheers but also to break their spirits and make them accept their role as cheerleaders.

Now things have changed. The two women are reacting differently to their strict coach. Summer fights on but Jessica has seemingly lost hope.

A new day of training has ended and Coach is lecturing them.

Coach: You both did well today. I am especially pleased to see Jessica here really embracing her role as a cheerleader.

Jessica: Like, as if!

The Coach turns to Summer.

Coach: You would do well to follow in your friend’s footsteps. The sooner you accept your proper place as a cheerleader the sooner you’ll find happiness like Jessica.

Summer: Jessica hasn’t really accepted anything, she’s just afraid, but that won’t last long because our freedom is at hand.

Coach: Ah yes, I assume you refer to the match against Golden Era with your freedom on the line.

Summer: That’s right, and we’re going to win! Right, Jess?

She stares at Jessica expecting a show of support but gets nothing but a blank stare.

Summer: Jess?

Jessica: I, like, dunno, we’re chicks. We’re, like, inferior and stuff, or whatever…

Summer: You don’t mean that.

Coach: Summer, leave us.

Summer: Yes, Coach.

She walks off, leaving Coach alone with Jessica.

Coach: Jessica, I don’t know if you have honestly embraced your true gender role or if you are putting me on, but remember this; the last time you fought Golden Era they beat you. They have proven to be your superiors and they will beat you again. They are already angry with you and things will only get worse if you fight back. But if you throw the match they’ll see that you have truly accepted your role as their cheerleader and they will treat you as the beautiful girl you are. So who are you?

Jessica: I am Jessica...no, I mean, I’m Jessie and I’m, like, a totally awesome cheerleader!

Coach: I hope you’re telling the truth, because I can be your best friend or your worst enemy depending on how this turns out for me. Let me explain something to you, dear. Are you listening?

Jessica: Yes, Coach.

Coach: Good. I had gone without employment for a long time until Neil Newman contacted me. He had heard of my reputation and knew that I was just the person to whip two ingrates like you and Summer into shape. He knew that I could mold you into the perfect cheerleaders. And while cheerleading may be in my background, that’s not my priority. Making you and Summer cheerleaders is his obsession. I don’t care why, all I care about is the fact that he pays the bills. He is paying me to keep you in check. But if he loses control over you, then there’s no need for me, and if there’s no need for me, then I’m out of a job again. Do you think I’d be very happy if that happened to me?

Jessica: No, Coach.

Coach: No, I wouldn’t be happy at all. In fact, I would be quite vindictive and angry. I do hold grudges, Jessica. I hold them for a long time until I get my revenge. So if you and Summer do win, your victory will be fleeting. Sometime in the future, I will return and have my revenge. Are we clear on that?

Jessica: Yes, Coach. But may I ask you one thing? What’s your game, what are you getting out of all of this? You say that cheerleading isn’t your obsession like Neil’s, you say that you’re doing this because he pays well, but you don’t strike me as someone who worships the almighty dollar. You strike me as someone who has strong convictions.

The Coach smirks knowingly.

Coach: You are quite observant, my dear. I do have my own belief system, one that happens to mesh rather well with what Neil Newman wants from you and Summer. Neil doesn’t understand that shoving his high school fantasy down your throat isn’t going to get him what he wants. But I can get him what he wants and that is a return to traditional gender roles for women. Women like you and Summer, and me, we should be idolized and admired like trophies. We should be put on pedestals like the work of art that we are.

She rubs her hand across Jessica’s cheek.

Coach: You are a work of art, my dear. You should never ruin it by putting your body on the line in this barbaric sport, not to mention years potentially being taken off of your life. Is that what you want? Do you want to end up like a cripple, or maimed with your face and body ruined forever, or do you want to be a beautiful work of art, cherished and admired by men, envied by women?

She motions for Jessica to stand up.

Coach: Get up, Jessica. Face me and answer the question.

Jessica: I think I want...I want...to be beautiful, admired, and cherished. I want to be a work of art, Coach.

Coach: That’s the right answer. And I can see the sincerity on your face, I know you mean it now. But your friend, Summer, she will be fighting. Don’t let her influence you and don’t let her win. You must throw the match and let Golden Era win. Otherwise this future I have prepared for you will be over, my future will be over, and I will blame BOTH you and Summer for it.

Jessica: I understand, Coach. I will do what I have to do.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”