Randal Williams "Tradition"

randy

Randal Williams "Tradition"

Post by randy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Every year Randal Williams traveled back to his home state of Minnesota. It wasn’t for the hometown nostalgia. His home is California. Moved there with Jeff so he could pursue the Hollywood (well, Black Hollywood) lifestyle. Randal hopped on a plane to travel to Minnesota for one reason, his ex wife. His first one to be more precise, Jessica Williams. Standing in the Lakewood Cemetery he looks at her tombstone.

Randall: Hey. There isn’t a day that goes by where me and the twins don’t miss you. Never gets easier. You’ll be proud to know the girls are respectful young woman. That’s one thing I did right. Mission accomplished.

I came here to let you know I am going to step back in the ring. Our girls will always be important. Now is the time. So much more I need to do. Complete the trifecta of Williams men who won the World Championship. Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the old school way is the way. Just as important, be happy. I’m not. I need to follow my heart, something I should have done more to begin with. Tradition, you know?

He rolls his eyes.

Randall: Its the old adage, you can’t take care of someone else if you don’t take care of yourself first. I’m taking care of me. Please, don’t be disappointed in me. Years ago I didn’t conduct myself in a manner becoming of a King. About time the wrestling world gets acquainted with The King... of Wrestling.

Randal smiles.

Randall: Thanks for showing up.

???: I wouldn’t miss the anniversary for the world, homie.

Randal turns around. Jeff is standing behind him. Both men hug.

Randall: Thanks... for not letting me down this year.

Jeff: Have I ever, homie?

Randal hugs his best friend.

Randall: When it comes to being here for me in my time of need? No. You haven’t. I acknowledge that. The rest? I need to accept this is the way you are. No hard feelings, Jeff. Your decision making is off.

Jeff sighs.

Jeff: We really gonna do this here?

Randall looks over his shoulder to Jessica’s tombstone. He looks back to Jeff and nods.

Randall: Fair point. Follow me.

Both men exit the cemetery. They walk until they reach a Black Sedan. Randall leans up against the passenger side door with his arms crossed. Jeff shakes his head.

Jeff: Why do you continue to give me grief over Amy, homie? We’re adults. We’re hurting no one.

Randall: That’s a false assumption. You are hurting yourself in the long run. It is bad enough you are sharing a woman with a married man. On top of that, you are sharing Amy with two men? Answer this, Jeffrey. Would it be nice to know the woman you are dealing with ACTUALLY wakes up in the same bed on a consistent basis? Don’t you want kids one day? When that day happens Jeff, are you gonna tell your kids... “Sorry I can’t stay tonight I am going to screw a woman who is not your mother.”

Jeff: You really being a debbie downer about this. No one is handcuffing me. I can see whoever I want.

Randall: This living in the moment nonsense will only get you so far. You are how old now? Same as me. There will come a time Jeffery all this Starxxx Lovin you are doing is not gonna be enough. This is insane. You moved to New Orleans. Murder City U.S.A for a girl who is not even your girl.

Randall shakes his head.

Randall: I’m trying to understand where the plus side is in all this? This arrangement you guys got going, there is no way it can last forever. Then what? You are stuck in New Orleans when we both know you are more of a LA guy. You get to share one girl with two other men? This is not a life. It’s settling. So what you can see anyone else you want. How long is that girl gonna tolerate you fornicating with a woman who has her HUSBAND and the other guy. I mean, what gives?

Jeff: Can you for one day back off this? Think would Jessica would think if she were alive, homie.

Randall: She would agree with me and you know it.

Jeff: True dat.

Jeff chuckles.

Jeff: I’m happy, homie. That’s the only thing that matters. The future can wait. I’m in a good place with Wonder Woman. Wish you’d find the same happiness I have.

Randall rolls his eyes at the notion of Jeff calling Amy “wonder woman.” He wanted to throw up. He manages to keep his composure.

Randall: This is not happiness. It is a fantasy. Be real with me. Do you want kids?

Jeff: Of course, homie.

Randall: Amy can’t give you that, can she? Right. She can’t. I’m not saying the next woman who walks down the street you need to put a ring on. The reality of your situation is this can’t last forever. I am not telling you to stop being Amy’s friend. She is good to you. Keep that. Start taking positive steps for your ideal life. Form an actual plan, Jeff. Not a live in the moment, fly by night crap. Think. THINK about what is best for you in the long run. Can’t build a life driven by fantasy.

Jeff: This lecture is boring, homie.

Randall: Someone has to look out for your own GOOD.

Randall shrugs.

Randall: I am not trying to be the bad guy. Look at how happy me and Jessica were. Hell, even how happy me and Glory [Braddock] were. That is the happiness I want for my best friend. A woman who is actually devoted to you. A woman who doesn’t feel the desire to entertain other men. You should be enough. What is so wrong with that? I will always admire the fact you are willing to go after what you want, rules be damned, there is a difference between what you are doing; and what is actually acceptable. Sharing a woman with two men is not acceptable. Going out, finding another woman while you are sharing another woman with two different men? Again. Not acceptable. This is not a life worth living. One day, you’ll thank me. I’m usually right.

Jeff smirks.

Jeff: That you are, homie. That you are. It’s what makes our dynamic fun. You can tell me I told you so later. Your gonna tell me the same thing soon, someday.

Randall raises an eyebrow.

Randall: How you figure.

Jeff places his hand on Randall’s shoulder.

Jeff: We both know what you want. Don’t hide it. The Randizzle I know is a man willing to go to the ends of the Earth to get the prize. We no different, except in one regard. You live life in denial. I embrace the experience. I wish you luck.

Randall: I don’t understand.

Jeff winks.

Jeff: You do. Trust me, homie. You do.

Randall: Yeah. Sure. I’m tired of arguing.

Jeff: No, you’re not.

Randall laughs.

Randall: Ok. Fine. I’m not. Lets get a drink. In honor of Jessica.

Jeff nods.

Jeff: To Jess.

Randall nods.

Randall: A-men.

And with that, Randal walks around to the drivers side. Jeff hops in the passenger side. Randall drives off.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”