Flashback

admin
Site Admin

Flashback

Post by admin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:50 pm

With Resurrection on the horizon and Glory Braddock putting her entire GCW career on the line against Dr. Henry Van Stanton and his brother Mason Van Stanton, let's take a look back at the first Resurrection and the moment Glory Braddock brought GCW back to life. The year is 2012...
“Ten years ago…GCW saw its dying breath…”

(Slow video footage of GCW superstars performing is shown.)

“Ten years ago…one era ended and a new era began…”

(Video footage of GDW is shown.)

“But now…ten years later…it is time…for a Resurrection.”

(The GCW logo flashes upon the screen. The camera cuts then to a live audience at Madison Square Garden in New York City. We then cut to the ring to see Robert E. Lee standing in the direct center of the ring.)

“Link it to the world
Link it to yourself
Stretch it like a birth squeeze
The love for what you hide
The bitterness inside
Is growing like the new born
When you've seen, seen
Too much, too young, young
Soulless is everywhere”

(“New Born” by Muse begins to play. The lights dim with a spotlight shining on the stage and the tron coming to life as well, showing images of Glory Braddock of striking opponents with her various moves.)

“Hopeless time to roam
The distance to your home
Fades away to nowhere
How much are you worth
You can't come down to earth
You're swelling up, you're unstoppable”

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Owner of Global Championship Wrestling, “The British Bombshell” GLORY BRADDOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“'cause you've seen, seen
Soulless is everywhere”

(The words “British Bombshell” appear on the tron. Glory Braddock then steps out onto the stage to loud cheering from the audience. She runs to one side of the stage, pumping her fists, trying to get the crowd into it and they respond in kind. She then runs to the other side of the stage and does the same and she gets cheers from them as well.)

“Destroy the spineless
Show me it's real
Wasting our last chance
To come away
Just break the silence
'cause I'm drifting away
Away from you”

(Glory heads back to the center of the stage. She points towards the ring and then begins to make her way, almost as if bouncing full of energy, towards the ring, with a determined look etched across her lovely features.)

“Link it to the world
Link it to yourself
Stretch it like it's a birth squeeze
And the love for what you hide
And the bitterness inside
Is growing like the new born”

(Braddock hops up onto the ring apron and poses for the fans. She then steps into the ring through the middle rope, goes to a nearby corner, and hops up onto the second rope and holds her arms high up into the air, pumping her fists for the crowd, looking for a reaction, which she gets with lots of cheering.)

“When you've seen, seen
Soulless is everywhere”

(Glory hops down off the corner and heads to the center of the ring where she once again poses for the fans and she again gets a big reaction.)

“Destroy the spineless
Show me it's real
Wasting their last chance
To come away
Just break the silence
'cause I'm drifting away
Away from you”

(Glory retrieves the microphone from Robert E. Lee.)

Glory: Welcome to a new beginning…welcome to Resurrection!

(The crowd pops loudly.)

Glory: I’ve been full circle now. I was a student, then a wrestler and champion, I was a trainer myself, and now I am behind the desk, as the executive of my own wrestling company…

(She shakes her head.)

Glory: But I cannot call this place my own because, while it may legally belong to me, this place really belongs to each and every fan who made this possible. The fans who clamored for more, the fans who were not satisfied with wrestling companies that didn’t give a damn about the fans, who only cared about themselves and the bottom line. The fans want to see something different hence why GCW has been born again. Without the motivation from the fans, this would not have been possible.

(She nods in approval as the crowd continues to cheer.)

Glory: Let me first begin by introducing the new staff of GCW…in the front office with me is the GCW President Brittany Lohan.

(A mixed reaction is heard over this announcement.)

Glory: …and then we have the Resident Asshole of GCW, Jackson Adams.

(The crowd cheers loudly at this announcement.)

Glory: The Shotgun Producer will be Elizabeth Banks and the Directors of Finance is none other than “Mr. Money” Michael Collins. The talent relations director is Connor O’Connor. And at color commentary…

(She points to the announce team.)

Glory: …we have Meagan Collins and Michael Torres.

(The camera cuts briefly to Collins and Torres, who nod in acknowledgement. Then the camera cuts back up to Glory.)

Glory: As for tonight, three championships will be decided. We have our world tag team championship decided in an always fast paced and always dangerous Global X Match. And in our feature of the night we have a sixteen person tournament to crown a World Heavyweight Champion. The losers compete in a losers bracket for the International Championship.

(Again the crowd cheers.)

Glory: That being said, I’m not going to take up any more time. I will pass the microphone off to Mr. Lee and let him make the introductions for the first match of our tournament…

Return to “General Roleplay Board”