Lunch Time Troubles

admin
Site Admin

Lunch Time Troubles

Post by admin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Mid-afternoon has arrived and it has been a rather quiet day for Mason Van Stanton in his office at Raleigh, North Carolina. Quite a lot is on his plate, for his focus is split three ways; three of his clients, Chastity Noel and the team of Wrestling’s Most Wanted, are on the Shotgun brand of Global Championship Wrestling whereas another client of his, his wife Destiny, happens to be on the Livewire brand of GCW. He also has a fairly new client, Clyde Sutter, who recently signed a contract to compete for Supreme Championship Wrestling. After three matches in SCW that has left Sutter with a record of one win, one loss, and one draw, Van Stanton has now managed to wrangle a SCW Television Championship Match for his client. His three clients on Shotgun are scheduled for a high profile hell in a cell match against Suffrage at GCW’s Survival of the Fittest pay per view. And his wife Destiny has another opportunity to become GCW North American Champion. Things are most definitely looking up for this crooked, scheming individual, and that success brings money to his bank account and a smile to his face.

Van Stanton checks the clock sitting upon his desk; it reads one o’clock. He and his wife Destiny Van Stanton had planned on a late lunch today. She should be here anytime now, though she is a little late. A few moments later the buzzer on his phone rings. He can tell that this is his secretary. He presses the speaker button.

“What is it, Shelby?”

“Your wife is here, Mr. Van Stanton.” Comes the female voice of his secretary, Shelby.

“Send her in.” Mason responds. He hangs up and then turns to face the door as he waits patiently. In a few moments his wife, Destiny Van Stanton, comes walking into the room. A smirk is upon her face as she gazes at her husband, who returns that smirk with one of his own.

“You’re late.” Mason remarks with a chuckle. Destiny shrugs.

“What can I say? It is difficult looking this good.” She approaches her husband, leans over, and kisses him on the cheek. “You’re right though, I am late and I am hungry. So let’s go.”

“Absolutely, but give me a few seconds. I have a few documents I want to get signed and processed first.”

“Oh?” Destiny pulls up a chair and sits down. “Important business?”

“Of course.” He nods his head and holds up a document. “Medical waiver for Chastity, Hannah, and Kendra. Hell in a Cell is a violent match, as you know. No disqualifications and not even a dumb referee stoppage. Anything goes. So I have to send this medical waiver through to make the match official.”

“Bloody legal nonsense.” Destiny remarks with a sigh. “Though that does remind me of something I have been meaning to ask you about.”

“What is it?” He asks as he places the document back down on his desk.

“It’s about Chastity, and I don’t want to sound like I’m rocking the boat, love, but there is something disconcerting about what has been going on in the Shotgun brand involving Chastity.”

“What could possibly be wrong?” He asks. “She’s had title matches galore, she is in a high profile match at Survival of the Fittest, she’s getting magazine covers and marketing deals. I have done excellent for her!”

“That’s the point.” Destiny remarks coldly. “Have you forgotten what our purpose was back in the Summer of 2018?”

“I remember.” He nods his head.

“I’m not sure you do.” Destiny states stoically. “We were planning to embarrass and humble the Braddock name. We wanted to destroy that family and when I defeated her at For Glory & Gold 2018 we had done it. You had the opportunity to take control of that god awful wrestling school they own. Then she changed the terms and you agreed to it.”

Mason sighs and shakes his head out of frustration. “We’ve been through this, sweetie.”

“I don’t care, we’re going through it again. She agreed to allow herself to become your client again, she agreed to do whatever you said so long as the family’s school remained off limits. I didn’t like that deal but I agreed to it with the understanding that I would remain number one and she would get nothing. She would be humbled and basically be mine, Kendra’s, and Hannah’s servant.” She points an accusatory finger at Mason. “That is what YOU told me, Mason.”

“Yes, I recall…” his voice trails off.

“So why is it that I watch Shotgun and I see her challenging Minerva for the World Championship? Why is she in a high profile match at Survival of the Fittest? Why does she have these magazine cover photoshoots and marketing deals? Why?”

Mason leans forward and places firm but loving hands upon his wife’s shoulders. He stares her in her in eyes. “Why not?”

“What do you mean by that?!” She demands.

“I had every intention of maintaining our agreement per the original deal we drew up, the one you refer to back from 2018. But when Francis Taylor and Tabatha Silverstone conspired to split up The Fix by drafting Hannah, Kendra, and Chastity to Shotgun and you to Livewire, that left a void to be filled. Hannah and Kendra were happy because they were challenging for the tag titles at the time. Chastity was willing to play her role, she knew her place. And you were our star, the one destined to hold the world title and have the spotlight. Without you there, someone else has to fill that role. Conceivably it could be any of the three. So why not give Hannah, Kendra, or Chastity an opportunity?”

“Because she is a Braddock and…”

“No she is not.” He shakes his head. “She has disavowed her Braddock name. She is Aphrodite Noel’s daughter now. It’s fully legal even. Look at her name.”

“I don’t care what the law says or what name she goes by. The blood that flows through her veins is still that of a Braddock.” Destiny spits out the words angrily.

“Destiny, you are being completely unreasonable. Honestly, why keep them from opportunities when there is no reason to? And it isn’t like I am keeping you from opportunities. You have a shot at the GCW North American Championship, do you not?”

Destiny sighs and nods her head. “Yes.”

“Well there you go.”

“Mason, may I just ask you one question?”

“Anything.”

“Am I still the star of the show? Am I still your number one client?”

Mason grins knowingly. He leans forward and kisses her on the lips. “Does that answer your question?”

Destiny smiles warmly and nods her head. “I think so…”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”