Family Matters (Adrian Waters CD)

Ironman
Site Admin

Family Matters (Adrian Waters CD)

Post by Ironman » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:27 am

FAMILY MATTERS

July 16, 2019 10:45 PM

Adrian Waters and his fiance/wrestling manager Tiffany Manning have just returned to their hotel room after a house show. Adrian is carrying a large envelope; postal mail that was forwarded to him. He sits down on the couch, takes off his shoes, then tears open the envelope. He sifts through the mail, which is mostly junk with a few bills thrown in for good measure. One envelope, in particular, catches his attention. It is hand written and the return addressee is not a name he recognizes. Jason Stein from Illinois. Adrian's brow creases and he opens the letter. As he reads, his eyes grow wider and wider. Once finished, he reads it again...and again. Finally, Tiffany, who has been watching Adrian with said letter for several minutes now, speaks up in concern.

Tiffany: "Babe? What is it?"

Without speaking, Adrian holds the letter for Tiffany to take, which she does. She then starts to read it.

Hello Adrian,

You don't know me, but my name is Jason, or Jay to my family and close friends. I've thought and thought and thought about how to put this into words, but there appears to be no subtle way of saying it. I am your half-brother.

At this, Tiffany gasps, then continues reading.

You may be skeptical or suspicious right now. I assure you I am telling the truth. I have nothing to gain from lying. What I do have to gain is a brother.

My mother's name is Diana Waters Stein. She had told me on her death bed that I have a half-brother, a son she bore to another man prior to meeting my dad. She has since passed on, and I hired a PI to help me find you. I do not follow professional wrestling, sorry to say, so I have never heard of you. Please don't hold that against me. Anyhow, I can prove to you that we are related and will do so without hesitation.

Deciding she had read enough, Tiffany hands the letter back to Adrian and wipes a few stray tears from her face. She looks over at her fiance, who has bearly moved, obviously very deep in thought. She sits down next to him and kisses his cheek. This, at least, starts Adrian talking to her.

Adrian: "My brother..."

Tiffany: "I only read the first couple of paragraphs. The rest of it isn't really my business."

Adrian looks at Tiff and frowns.

Adrian: "Nonsense. We're a team. I am an open book to you...always. Alright?"

Manning nods.

Tiffany: "Okay. Does he want to meet you?"

Adrian nods.

Adrian: "He lives a little outside Chicago. He bought tickets for For Glory and Gold and he wants to meet me that weekend."

Tiffany: "What are you going to do?"

Adrian sighs and shakes his head.

Adrian: "Hell if I know. Hell if I know."

Tiffany rubs Adrian's shoulder, then gets to her feet.

Tiffany: "I tell you what, sweetie. You need some alone time to process this news. Don't argue with me. I'm going to go down to the hotel bar and shops...call or text me when...I don't know...you are going to bed, I guess."

Adrian: "That's really not necessary Tiff..."

Tiffany leans down and kisses him firmly on the mouth.

Tiffany: "I know you, Adrian, and I know you need time to process information. Call or text me. I love you."

With that, Tiffany turns and leaves the hotel room. Adrian stares at the door for several minutes without moving. He then picks up the letter, reading it again. Several more minutes pass. Adrian puts the letter down and walks over to a window overlooking the city below. He stands there, unmoving, but not seeing anything, for at least ten minutes. He then returns to the couch and picks up the letter again. Adrian picks up his phone and places a phone call. He waits for a few rings before it is answered on the other end.

Adrian: "Hello. Yes. Is this...is this Jason?"

Return to “General Roleplay Board”