Site Admin

Making Peace with The Dragon

Post by admin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm

====================
March 22nd, 2020
Detroit, Michigan
Off Camera
====================

Backstage in the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan we find Angelica Jones by herself pacing the floors impatiently like a caged lion. Typically Jones is dressed to the “T” if she plans to make a public appearance but on this evening she is wearing black denim pants, black boots, and a flame design silk top. Her long red hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length. The Boston native clearly looks upset and maybe even obsessed over something. She is muttering something to herself.

“Should have been mine! Should have been MINE!”

It is a good thing that Angelica Jones is nowhere near anyone. It is a good thing that she is pacing in a dark, seemingly abandoned part of the arena, otherwise anyone hearing her would think she was crazy. And maybe she is beginning to lose it? It would account for her erratic actions. It would account for why she is talking to herself at this moment.

“She interfered! She…” Angelica looks down to the ground and spots a lead pipe. A smirk forms upon her face as she bends over and picks it up. She gazes at it with a sick, sadistic look of evil upon her face. “...I could settle this right here tonight...I could…”

Suddenly Angelica shakes her head furiously. “NO! I can’t!”

“And why the hell not?”

The voice comes out of nowhere. Is it real or is it just in Angelica’s mind? It is a good question because the voice sounds like Jones herself. It is enough to make her question her sanity...or at the very least question whether or not she is truly alone right now.

“Where are you?!” Angelica demands of the voice.

“Follow the sound of my voice.”

The instructions are strange but Angelica does as she is told. She makes her way through the halls.

“Follow me, just like you used to.”

Eventually she comes to a bathroom. It’s marked women’s. She feels led to enter and thus doesn’t hesitate for very long before pushing the door open and stepping inside. Angelica walks further into the bathroom until she turns towards a bathroom mirror. There she sees it...or rather she sees herself...only it isn’t herself. Reflected in the mirror is herself, only younger and with more hatred in her eyes and an evil grin upon her face.

“Hi Angelica…”

“I’m going crazy…” Angelica shakes her head furiously and shuts her eyes tightly. She says a silent prayer hoping that the reflection will be different when she opens her eyes, that it will just show herself as she is. Unfortunately it is not to be as she opens her eyes and still sees the evil reflected back. The reflection snickers nastily.

“I’m not going anywhere, Angelica. Unlike some people in your life, I will never abandon you.”

“Who the hell are you?!” She demands angrily.

“You know who I am. I was born on your thirteenth birthday when you were tied to a chair and made to watch as your beloved mother was raped and then murdered.”

Bringing up that horrific memory brings a wave of painful tears to Angelica’s eyes. Nevertheless the reflection does not let up or relent. It continues. “From that moment I have always been there to try and help you. I was the voice in your head telling you to end the pain by taking your own life. Obviously you couldn’t do that right; but then I found another solution to your heartache and his name was Sean Williams.” The reflection laughs nastily.

“Oh that was probably my best move yet, because not only did it help ease your pain but in the process I got two members of God’s Holy Religious Orders to break their vow of celibacy. And who cared? I mean, God took your mother away from you, so why bother keeping HIS commandment, am I right? Fair is fair. Only then that bitch Emma took Sean Williams from you and again the pain and the heartache returned, only greater than ever. And you needed yet another outlet, and of course I was there to help you when no one else would.” A sinister grin formed upon her face.

“I was the voice in your head encouraging you to become a wrestler because where else can you legally beat the hell out of someone else? Wrestling provided the perfect outlet for your pain. And I was always there encouraging you. I encouraged you as you used sledgehammers and lead pipes...much like that one you have in your hand right now...against your opponents. You’d get disqualified but your opponent would be permanently scarred or crippled. I was the voice in your head encouraging you to push the envelope, I encouraged you to set your opponents on fire…” the reflection shuts its eyes and moans almost as if in an orgasmic state “...oh that was brilliant, bloody brilliant on your part! Your pain was now their pain and it made you feel good, didn’t it?”

There is a long tense moment as Angelica stares at this image of this being, a being that may or may not be her, and ponders the question. After several tense moments Angelica finally reacts. “You’re The Dragon.”

“You call me The Dragon. Some call me Satan, Lucifer, Beezebub...your psychiatrist said that I was a creation of yours to help you cope with the loss of your mother. I’m not here to play word games. What I am here to tell you is that I have always been there for you. Sean Williams turned on you. You and your sister may be on good terms now but that wasn’t always the case. I mean, was she there for you when you were locked up in the insane asylum? I think we both know the answer to that is a big fat NO. And your children, all of them at one time or another, have betrayed you and stabbed you in the back...well, except for the youngest, Kelly, but give her time to mature and she too will stab you in the back. You have been married three times...all three of them abandoned you. Friends and loved ones will come and go but I will always be there for you, Angelica. And I am here again to help you.”

“What the hell can you do to help me?!” Angelica demands angrily. The figure in the reflection laughs nastily.

“Plenty. I’ve been whispering in your ear constantly but you’ve tried to keep me locked up. Ever since your alignment with James Evans you’ve tried to pretend I was nothing. But in truth I am your best friend. People now look at you as the person James Evans carried to an SCW World Tag Team Championship win. People look at you as Kayla Jones-Snow’s sidekick. People now look at you as the person who got beat by Slade Merriman at GCW Civil War thanks to Brooklyn Smith. And because of all of this people are now looking towards your family to find the new Matriarch of the Jones Wrestling Family. Your sister? One of your children? But answer this, Angelica...are you truly prepared to step aside? And furthermore, are any of them truly worthy of carrying the mantle of Matriarch of the Jones Wrestling Family?”

Angelica doesn’t answer. Instead she looks down at the pipe. A laugh is heard. “Yes, look at that pipe. Look at it and consider the things you could do with it. You need to make an impact, Angelica. You need to remind the world just who in the hell you are. You need to remind the world why you are STILL the Matriarch of the Jones Wrestling Family and that you will step aside for no one. In the process, make Brooklyn Smith pay dearly for her involvement in your affairs.

A sinister grin forms upon Angelica’s face. She takes the pipe and slams it against the wall. She takes the pipe and walks off with it.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”