"Understanding" (vs. Jensen Kidd)

TheMachine

"Understanding" (vs. Jensen Kidd)

Post by TheMachine » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:52 am

(The screen is dark before there is a strange "klunk" sound before the words "VIDEO START TRACKING" appears on the screen before there is some bursts of static "noise" like on the old VHS tapes before the screen shows us the interior of an abandoned bar somewhere, the camera walking around and generally looking around until it spys upon an old jukebox that suddenly comes to life abruptly, a strange song coming out of this supposedly powered down machine)

(As the strands of "Nowhere to Hide" by Arnold McCuller from the "Warriors" start to play through the forgotten vintage jukebox, the camera starts to look around the room before there is a loud, audible “creak” that causes the camera to spin around and show the towering form of the “Anti-Machine” himself, David Gibson, standing in the doorway of the room, his face has a thoughtful look to as he has adopted a kind of “Thinker” pose before he snaps his fingers rather dramatically like he’s gotten an idea and in a tone that is full of mockingness yet also compose of an airy casualness of an idle conversational)

Gibson:
I believe the word you're looking for is...

(Gibson takes a deep breath before he throws his hands up and suddenly lets out a very loud, panicked)

Gibson:
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

(As the "scream" echoes through the abandoned building Gibson then stops and adjusts his tie a little bit before coughing politely, a faint smirk crossing his face)

Gibson:
But then again, I could be wrong, couldn't I?

(The smirk disappears from Gibson’s face as a look of total seriousness appears instead)

Gibson:
You see, sometimes fate deals you a hand that you weren't expecting and others, it's just the hand that you need to survive....and others still comes the hand that removes you from a little bit of trouble and right into a massive heaping helping of danger.

For me, coming here to this place...to GCW was as simple as following that black void that I call a heart as I felt my dark muse call to me, and to Minerva I came.

But what is it that brought you, Jensen Kidd, before me?

Luck of the draw?

Punishment for insulting someone higher up on the food chain perhaps?

What is it that you could've done that lead you here to this moment, to stand opposite of the ring from me?

(Gibson smiles his non-smile again, the lack of any real mirth or joy in that smile is very obvious and it is gone as quickly as it appears)

Gibson:
You see, Jensen, I am not a very nice man. As a matter of fact I have built a reputation on doing things to people that most would call "psychotic" or "sadistic" and I enjoy it very thoroughly because who would be proud of their own personal work?

Now that's not me bragging, Jensen, no. That's me stating a pure and simple fact.

The fact being that the moment you step into that ring at Shotgun this week, do not expect any sign of mercy or kindness because I don't know any. None has ever been shown to me, so why would I show any in return?

Minerva knows this, this is a fact that makes her heart race and her smile bigger because she knows that at the snap of her fingers, I could contour forth the kind of brutality that would lovingly sate her blood lust for that particular evening and she knows that I'd do it willingly.

(He smiles again, but this time it is an actual smile-even though it is dark and sinister)

Gibson:
Oh the things that we do for our muses, huh Jensen?

(The smile then disappears from his face, replaced with that cold, emotionless...calculating look that is Gibson's standard, his eyes glittering lightly in the low light of the room)

Gibson:
You like to think of yourself as some kind of genius, that your intelligence will be the thing that shall get you through whatever dangers are put before you in this sport? Heh, do you really think that you can outsmart everyone that you step into the ring with, Jensen, do you honestly think that logic comes into the equation of facing people like Minerva, Martin McKay, Amber Sloan, or anyone else on the Shotgun roster?

Most importantly do you honestly think that your girl-genius powers can out think someone like me, someone who thrives on such a primal manner from the moment that bell rings...do you think that your pathetic little brain can handle the workload when suddenly all of the oxygen to it is cut off?

(Gibson slowly shakes his head)

Gibson:
Trust me when I say that many people have tried that path over the years, Jensen. Better wrestlers and worst wrestlers than you thought that they could get into my head and they regretted every single moment of it when they later stepped into the ring with me and made that last moment realization that I don't ACT like a monster;

I AM a monster and I'm very happy to share that fact with everyone around me.

In my first match for GCW, it won’t be poor little Jensen Kidd that walks away the winner. You see the reason why that I’m going to be walking out of that victory against Simon Adams is because where he thinks that he’s some kind of monster-I *AM* some kind of monster.

I’m the kind of man, ladies and gentlemen, who will be having some kind of nice meal in a very nice restaurant, enjoying the finest wine, and the moment someone comes up and tries to start shit...I will bite their nose off, spit it on the ground, and then calmly go back to eating my dinner because that is the kind of man that I am.

I’m not the kind of guy who tries to be the monster in your closet like Jensen Kidd always fears is there, no.

I’m the monster that you see standing right out there in the open, standing perfectly blended in with the rest of the sheep of the world...waiting to tear out a throat with the utmost glee.

Now Jensen, you might think that you have some kind of clever or witty thing to talk about when you finally speak about this matter but when you do, I want you to remember something very clearly.

English is my second language with violence being my first and I speak my “native” tongue with a perfection that you cannot even begin to grasp...despite any prior experience that you might have, no matter how little it is.

(Gibson then reaches up and slowly straightens his tie as he gives the camera another one of his signature non-smiles)

Gibson:
So tell me and be honest, in the end do you really think that you can avoid paying the toll?

Time is running out...

(Gibson then reaches into his jacket and withdraws a pair of shades that he very calmly slips on as he gives the camera one last look)

Gibson:
Tick Tock, Jensen. Tick....Tock....

(Gibson then turns around and walks deeper into the abandoned building as suddenly the screen is filled with static before it goes to black with the words "TAPE END" appearing on the screen before it too fades)

Return to “General Roleplay Board”