Site Admin

Identity Crisis 1 (Julia)

Post by admin » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:23 pm

==========
October 6th, 2020
Tampa, Florida
Off Camera
==========

The sunlight streaming in through the window doesn’t immediately wake up “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock, who sleeps rather soundly in a king size bed all by herself. In fact, being alone is an all new familiar feeling for Julia. Lately she has felt abandoned by almost everyone around her. Part of it is by her own doing, her own bad judgments have led to pushing the ones she cared about and loved away from her. Some of it have to do with circumstances beyond her control, such as when her agent Mason Van Stanton dumped her, rejected her, thanks in large part to manipulation on the part of Julia’s sister, Glory Braddock. Now she finds herself alone; all alone with few people she can trust.

Braddock sits up in the king size bed of her hotel room in Tampa, Florida; though to say that this is a room may be misleading. This “room” was huge and didn't look like a hotel room at all...more like a guest suite in an Italian palace. The bed was king-sized with pure white, Egyptian cotton sheets. Included was a desk, a thirty-six-inch TV with video and DVD, a sprawling leather sofa, and, on the other side of the floor-to-ceiling windows was a private terrace. And the bathroom was amazing to say the very least. As well as the power shower, there was a bath big enough for a football team, and a Jacuzzi. Everything in marble and handcrafted tiles. A suite built for a millionaire.

A sense of guilt washes through her conscience. Julia shouldn’t be staying at a place like this. This is a room built for royalty, for a princess. This is a place she would have stayed when she was the arrogant and condescending Chastity Noel. It was an identity she took in direct reaction to the attention and praise being heaped upon her by Aphrodite Noel and Julia’s then agent Mason Van Stanton. Julia all of her life had felt like the underachieving and underappreciated Braddock family member. Everyone knew and loved Glory and their father Glenn but no one knew or care to know Julia. Yet she wanted that kind of attention. When she received it from Aphrodite and Mason she let it go to her head. She allowed herself to be twisted and corrupted. She became Chastity Noel. And it was only after Chastity was betrayed by Mason Van Stanton that Julia Braddock finally had her eyes opened. It was then that she realized that she had become something she didn’t want to be.

So who is Julia Braddock? Who or what does she want to be? It is a question she still has yet to answer. This environment she finds herself in right now, however, certainly isn’t the kind of place she wants to be. She doesn’t feel at home here anymore. It feels like a stranger to her.

Julia slowly pulls herself out of bed and stretches. She pulls the curtains until they are closed and then she slowly approaches her closet. The blonde opens the door and reaches inside, producing a simple flimsy skirt that she steps into. Then she pulls a simple white tank top over her head. She walks over to the bathroom and steps inside. She looks at herself in the mirror and takes appraisal of her appearance. She has mixed feelings at what she sees. She is a mess, a total mess, and part of her feels she should instantly fix that. Another part of her believes that it doesn’t matter. Appearance shouldn’t matter that much. She sighs as she turns and exits the bathroom. Thoughts of what she can do today are running through her head.

Shotgun in Tampa is taking place tonight. She isn’t scheduled for the card but she may show up anyway. She hasn’t decided on that yet. Now in two weeks she will compete against newcomer Mariah. For Julia this is yet another stop in her journey of rediscovery and her journey to back to the top of GCW. She could do some exercise and training for the match, she could go ahead and travel to the next destination, but first she plans to get some breakfast. She wants to go downstairs for that but her plan is halted when she hears a knocking at her hotel room door.

Julia furrows her brow in confusion. Who could that be this early in the morning? And for that matter, who would know she’s here? Julia slowly walks over the door and looks out of the peephole in the door. She immediately recognizes the man standing outside as a long time friend of the Braddock family and also brother of GCW President Francis Taylor.

It’s Matthew Taylor.

“Matty!” Julia exclaims as she quickly opens the door to allow Matthew to step inside. Matthew steps inside and is immediately met with a tight hug from Julia. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Just wanted to check up on an old friend.” Matthew says as they break the embrace.

“That’s fine by me!” Julia answers with a nod of her head. She motions for Matthew to follow her. She leads him through the large hotel suite and then outside onto the balcony. She takes in a deep breath, taking in the air. She sighs deeply, smiling warmly and broadly. “Gotta love the air!”

“Yeah, the atmosphere IS rather nice.” Matthew says with a nod of his head in agreement with Julia. “I can see why your sister likes it out here so much.”

The very mention of Glory Braddock causes Julia to frown. “Yeah, I’d rather not talk about her.”

Matthew takes a mental note of Julia’s remark but doesn’t say anything right away. Discretion sometimes is the better part of valor. Matthew instead sits down in one of the chairs on the balcony. Julia sits down in another chair on the balcony. Julia’s smile returns to her face, though it is unclear to Matt whether or not this is being forced on her part or not.

“How the hell did you find out where I was staying?”

“I have some amazing connections, Jules. Don’t tell anyone, but my sister is the President of GCW.”

Julia rolls her eyes. “You think you’re real funny, don’t ya Matty?”

“I don’t think it, I know it.” He answers back with a wink. Julia tries and fails to stifle a girlish giggle.

“I miss these times hanging out with you, mate.”

“Yeah, me too.” Matthew sighs. “I think we both share the blame for it, though. I mean, I know I could have made time to see you if I wanted. And you…”

Matthew’s voice trails off. He knows what he wants to say but he doesn’t want to say it. Julia just shakes her head. “It’s ok, mate. I get it. For years I cut myself off from the very people who I grew up with. Out of anger and rage I cut myself off from my own family and pretended to be Aphrodite Noel’s daughter out of spite. I did it because I was angry.”

“Angry with your sister?”

“Who else.” Julia says with a nod of her head. “But I was wrong, because in doing so I forgot all about the good things about my life and my family. And you, Matty, are one of those good things.”

Matthew smirks. “Stop it, love, you’re gonna make a guy like me blush.”

“Bloody hell, don’t want to do that now do we?” Julia and Matthew share a hearty laugh.

“Anyway, I may not have been there for you and your sister all the time but I’m gonna try and make up for that starting now. That’s why I’m here, I want to touch base with you today and see how you’ve been?”

“That sounds bloody brilliant.” Julia says nodding her head. The idea of a day with Matthew Taylor is exciting to her. She recalls the many fun and enjoyable times they spent as children growing up together. “We can make a day of it. There’s plenty to see and do here in Tampa. Tonight you can come to Shotgun with me and then tomorrow…”

“Whoa, hold up…” Matthew shakes his head “...there isn’t a tomorrow, Jules. I doubt I can make it to the GCW show tonight, either.”

“What do you mean?”

“I have a flight I have to catch later today. I need to make it to Philadelphia in time for SCW Breakdown. I’m going to meet Glory.”

This news comes like a punch to the gut of Julia Braddock. To say that there are still hard feelings between Julia and her sister Glory is an understatement. So the fact that Matthew is going to ditch Julia to see Glory is hurtful. Julia tries to take it like a trooper but finds it difficult to hold back the emotion.

“Alright, whatever…”

“Sorry. I take it your relationship with Glory isn’t that great right now, huh?”

“Relationship?” Julia laughs. “There is no relationship, Matty. She is nothing to me.”

“That’s kinda harsh, don’t ya think? She is your family, Jules.”

“By blood, yes. Biologically she is my family. But did you forget how she had me committed to an insane asylum?

“Yeah, that was a shitty thing to do, I’ll give ya that one, love. But ya gotta admit that you gave her every piece of evidence she needed. Bloody hell, you changed your name and allowed that brasser Aphrodite to legally “adopt” you!”

“I admit I made some piss poor judgment calls, Matty, but here’s a newsflash for you. Glory did the same damn thing I did! We both fell under Aphrodite’s spell. We both were tempted by Aphrodite. And we both allowed ourselves to be adopted as her symbolic children and the only reason she didn’t say that way was because it hurt her reputation with GCW’s board of directors. She was afraid she would lose the company. It had nothing to do with her being this strong heroic figure that Glory makes herself out to be.”

“Why did you do it?”

“Do what?” Julia asks in a frustrated tone.

“Drop the Noel identity. Why did you pick back up the identity of Julia Braddock?”

“Because I had to. Glory had bought off some of the higher ups running the mental ward I was locked up in. She had it arranged so that I would never leave until I dropped the Noel identity and reclaimed my old Julia Braddock identity.” Julia suddenly starts laughing despite the situation. Matthew finds that rather odd.

“What’s so funny?”

“It’s funny because I may be going by the name Julia Braddock, I don’t really know what that means anymore. Hell, I’m not sure I ever knew what it truly meant. I thought I knew at one time what being a Braddock meant but Glory started running the name into the ground. I spent years as Aphrodite’s daughter but I don’t like I became when I was Chastity. And I definitely don’t approve of some of Aphrodite’s recent actions in HKW.”

Matthew is known for being a jovial, fun loving, daredevil. Yet right now he seems very serious as he reaches out and takes Julia by her hand. “You’re right, your sister hasn’t been herself lately. And that’s why I need to go see her. I’m trying to help her because I’m not giving up on her, just as I’m not giving up on you. And Jules, I don’t think you should give up on your sister.”

Julia sighs deeply. “That’s real easy for you to say, mate. Not so easy for me…”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”