Site Admin

Identity Crisis 2 (Julia)

Post by admin » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:34 pm

==========
November 3rd, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia
On Camera
==========

Backstage there is a typical dressing room complete with a bench, a blue steel folding chair, and a television monitor tuned in to tonight’s Shotgun action. Sitting on the blue steel folding chair with one leg crossed over the other is “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. The beautiful blonde is wearing a light blue knee length skirt, peep toe patent leather high heel pumps, a white silk blouse, and a suit coat that matches the light blue color of her skirt. Julia is deep in concentration but that concentration is broken by a knocking at the door…

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Julia: Come in!

The door opens and Roderick Osborn comes walking in. Julia smiles politely as she stands up to the approaching Osborn.

Roderick: Ms. Braddock, I just hoped…

Julia: Please, call me Julia.

Roderick: Ok Julia, I was just hoping to talk to you tonight.

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: Sure, what’s on your mind?

Roderick: Well two weeks ago you defeated up and coming star Mariah. Many are calling that yet another signature win for you, among your other signature wins since returning and turning your life around after Resurrection. What do you have to say?

Julia: All I have to say is that Mariah is one hell of a competitor. She has all the talent in the world to be one of the best on the Shotgun brand and I have no doubts that one day she will hold championship gold in GCW. Two weeks ago just wasn’t her night because I caught her with Cult of Personality, dropped her on her head, and pinned her clean in the center of this ring. It’s as simple as that, Roderick.

Roderick: Now that Mariah is behind you and you seem to have all the momentum in the world behind you, what is next for Julia Braddock?

Braddock smirks.

Julia: Good question. The answer is simple…

She points up towards the sky.

Julia: ...up, up, and up! I am going to continue to fight back up to the top and earn my way back to where I want to be and I think each and every person in GCW knows where I want to be; it is the same place each and every person in GCW wants to be but only one person can be...and that is at the very top, holding the GCW World Championship. So no, I’m not booked tonight. I’m not booked for Desperate Measures, either, but I can promise you this; I will be watching Brittany Kayl defend that GCW World Championship against Minerva very closely. I have already beaten a multi-company superstar in AJ Helms. I beat multiple GCW stars on both Shotgun and Livewire in an interpromotional battle royal. I beat and an and coming star in Mariah. This momentum I’ve built up isn’t going to stop. I’m gunning for that GCW World Championship and I will go through anyone I have to in order to get it, I will go through any obstacle I have to in order to get it.

==========
November 3rd, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia
Off Camera
==========

The cameras fade to black and Roderick Osborne nods his head in gratitude.

“Thank you, Ms. Braddock!”

“I told you, call me Julia. I meant that, by the way.”

Roderick chuckles. “Right, sure thing Julia.”

And with that, the journalist turns and exits the dressing room. The beautiful Kensington Knockout is once again left alone to her own devices. She reaches for the remote control that activates her television monitor and begins to raise the volume up on the monitor; with the interview finished and Roderick gone, Julia wishes to return to watching Shotgun from the comfort of her dressing room. Julia is alone to watch the programming for all of about a few minutes until more knocking is heard at the door. Is this yet another reporter? Is it Janice or Dexter? Maybe that weird Yo Joe guy? Braddock rolls her eyes out of frustration as she does not really want to give any further interviews right now. She would rather scout the competition and watch Shotgun. Nevertheless the knocking is heard again, louder this time. Julia sighs…

“Come in!”

The door opens. Braddock turns her head and prepares to run off whoever this is; but to her surprise this isn’t some journalist seeking a scoop. This is none other than Angelica Jones and Kayla Jones.

Angelica and Kayla are former multi-time tag team champions. Individually they are equally as successful. Both are much older than Julia and in semi-retirement now but have contributed a great deal to the business. They are also Julia’s first cousins. Julia’s mom and their mother were sisters. Glory Braddock, Julia’s sister, developed a closer relationship with Angelica and Kayla than Julia ever had. Julia, not from her own devising, has always remained distant.

Julia cannot even remember the last time she spoke to or heard from Kayla. The last time she heard from Angelica was shortly after May. Angelica visited Julia in the sanitarium where Glory had her locked up. Julia hadn’t heard from her since. The fact that the Jones women are here is therefore surprising.

“Angelica? Kayla? What are you two doing here?”

“We heard you needed help.” Angelica says with a warm smile as she crosses over the floor and embraces Julia in a tight hug. Kayla then walks over and hugs Julia as well.

“Well you heard wrong.” Julia says with a low chuckle. “I’m fine, really.”

“Are you really fine”

“Yes, really. Who told you I needed any help?”

“Glory.” Angelica answers stoically. Julia sighs.

“Figures. Even now she still keeps sticking her nose in my business.”

“She told us you two had made peace?” Kayla asks curiously.

“We have made peace. That doesn’t mean I trust her. I’m not sure I ever will be able to trust her again. Is that bad?”

“Not necessarily.” Kayla smirks as she points at Angelica. “I’m not entirely sure I can trust her.”

“And I know I can’t trust myself.” Angelica chimes in. The three women share a hearty laugh. It lightens the mood in what was a rather depressing environment.

“So be honest with me now, Julia…” Angelica’s eyes narrow as she studies her cousin closely “...are you sincerely doing ok or do you really need help?”

Braddock sighs as she sits back down. She nods her head. “Fine. You’re right, I am not doing as wonderful as I claim.”

“What is it? I told you back in May you could come to me for anything, that I wanted to help you.”

“I know, but I wasn’t sure you could help me with my problem.”

Angelica furrows her brow. “Try me.”

“It’s weird. I’m not sure you’ll understand.”

“She is the queen of weird.” Kayla quips. “She’ll definitely understand.”

“Alright…” Julia sighs deeply “...it’s more of an identity crisis than anything else. Nearly all of my life I have been groomed or molded by other people. My father wanted me to be a clone of my sister Glory and the pressure of wanting to live up to his lofty expectations, as well as the pain associated with the fact that my own father seemed to like my sister more than me, pushed me into the arms of Mother…” she catches herself and quickly corrects herself “...Aphrodite Noel, I mean. In her eyes I was her favorite and to remain her favorite I became the daughter she always wanted. Then Mason Van Stanton lured me with the promises of championship glory all my own and I became the villainous queen he always wanted by his side. Thus Chastity Noel was born. And now…” Julia’s voice trails off. Angelica nods her head as she seems to understand.

“Now you don’t know who you are, do you?” Angelica suggests. Julia nods her head in confirmation.

“Sounds like you know what I’m talking about.”

“I have had my fair share of identity crises before, Julia.” Angelica says with a knowing grin. “At the beginning of my career I was a firecracker full of hope and excitement. With success came greed and ego and I became what I call The Golden Goddess, an egomaniacal bitch craving championships. And when I didn’t get what I wanted I became bloodthirsty and vicious. A monster was created, a monster I call The Dragon.”

“Sounds kinda like what I’m going through.” Julia sighs. “How did you deal with it?”

“I learned to accept that all of those make up who I am today. Most importantly I learned control. I learned how to keep the good aspects of each identity while pushing away the negative. If that makes sense.”

“I believe it does…I mean, I shouldn’t have to be exactly like my sister, but I can take some of the good character traits she has and claim them as my own. And being Aphrodite’s daughter gave me more self-confidence than I have ever had in my entire life. The ego and greed that went with being Chastity may have been a negative but the confidence is something I can hold onto.”

“See? Now you’re getting it.” Angelica says proudly.

“I suppose it is as good a solution as any. I mean, there is no running away from the Braddock name. Even when I went by the name Chastity Noel, everyone recognized me as Glenn Braddock’s daughter. Since I cannot run from it, I should probably figure out where I fit in the Braddock wrestling legacy.”

“What about Chastity?” Angelica asks.

“I cannot run from Chastity Noel, either. Chastity is still here…” she touches her head “...in my mind, and in my heart, a part of me will always be Aphrodite’s daughter. I just have to learn to accept that and find where I fit into that, and learn what positive aspects of that I can hang onto and what madness I should get rid of.”

Julia chuckles uneasily. “It’s funny...lately when I’ve been giving these interviews, I can feel that confidence coming out in me, the confidence that came from Aphrodite’s mentoring, not Glory’s or Glenn’s. I have been able to keep the confidence in check so that it doesn’t go into full blown ego and arrogance. I do not want to become that arrogant, overbearing Chastity personality that Mason crafted me into.” She shakes her head. “Never again.”

Kayla approaches Julia and smiles warmly. “All of our experiences in life form who we are, Julia. You’ve experienced a great deal and have survived to tell the tale. And you are on your road to recovery. You are on your way back. Just keep going forward, because the way I see it you are on the right path.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”