Site Admin

Identity Crisis 3 (Julia)

Post by admin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:43 pm

==========
November 16th, 2020
Philadelphia, PA
Off Camera
==========

The sunlight streaming in through the window doesn’t immediately wake up “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock, who sleeps rather soundly in a king size bed all by herself. Her boyfriend, JaMarcus Avery, is busy touring with Supreme Championship Wrestling and that means she is separated from him, due to her obligations with Global Championship Wrestling. It is a necessary sacrifice that Julia knows she must make if she is to reach the promised land once again, if she is to become GCW World Champion as she has been promising recently, as she promised just last night at Desperate Measures. In fact, that’s the only reason she was here for Desperate Measures. She wasn’t booked, she was only here to serve notice to the World Champion. Watching her former agent, Mason Van Stanton, fall flat on his face and get brutalized by the Global Tag Team Champions Hugo and Bash of The Rising Tide was pretty good entertainment as well.

Braddock sits up in the king size bed of her hotel room in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; though to say that this is a room may be misleading. This “room” was huge and didn't look like a hotel room at all...more like a guest suite in an Italian palace. The bed was king-sized with pure white, Egyptian cotton sheets. Included was a desk, a thirty-six-inch TV with video and DVD, a sprawling leather sofa, and, on the other side of the floor-to-ceiling windows was a private terrace. And the bathroom was amazing to say the very least. As well as the power shower, there was a bath big enough for a football team, and a Jacuzzi. Everything in marble and handcrafted tiles. A suite built for a millionaire. Is this a suite built for someone like Julia Braddock?

The answer is probably no, it is not. But the fact is there is no simple answer to who or what Julia Braddock truly is. Ever since Resurrection Julia has been on a journey of discovery, trying to determine who she is and what she wants to be. But a meeting with her cousins, Angelica Jones and Kayla Jones, helped her realize that everything she has experienced, everything she has learned, all of it is her identity. And if anyone would understand this it would be Angelica Jones, who herself had to deal with three separate identities, but she realized that the best thing for her was to accept that all three identities make-up the one true Angelica Jones. And this is the case for Julia Braddock as well.

Is she a Braddock, a wrestling machine who wants to fight with honor and wants to prove herself as the best by competing against the best? Yes, that is who she is. But is she also Chastity Alexis Noel, daughter of Aphrodite Noel? Yes, that is who she is. And this luxury suite, elegance built for royalty, that is all Chastity. The elegance with which Julia carries herself in public? That is all Chastity. There is no use fighting it. Julia realizes that she must just embrace it.

Embrace who she is.

Julia slowly pulls herself out of bed and stretches. She pulls the curtains until they are closed and then she slowly approaches her closet. The blonde opens the door and reaches inside, producing a simple flimsy skirt that she steps into. Then she pulls a simple white tank top over her head. She walks over to the bathroom and steps inside. She looks at herself in the mirror and takes appraisal of her appearance. She has mixed feelings at what she sees. She is a mess, a total mess, and part of her feels she should instantly fix that. Another part of her believes that it doesn’t matter. Appearance shouldn’t matter that much. She sighs as she turns and exits the bathroom. Thoughts of what she can do today are running through her head. She could do some exercise and training for the match, she could go ahead and travel to the next destination, but first she plans to get some breakfast. She wants to go downstairs for that but her plan is halted when she hears a knocking at her hotel room door.

Julia furrows her brow in confusion. Who could that be this early in the morning? And for that matter, who would know she’s here? Julia slowly walks over the door and looks out of the peephole in the door. She doesn’t recognize this man at all. It is a nicely dressed man in a gray suit. Who is he and what does he want? There is only one way to find out. Julia opens the door and stands there, staring him down curiously, blocking his entrance into the room.

“Yes?”

“Good morning, Ms. Noel.”

“Excuse me?” Julia frowns.

“You are Chastity Noel, correct?”

Who would know her by this name? Things get more curious by the moment. She sighs and nods her head. “Yes...or at least I was. Whatever, just what do you want?”

“I am here merely to deliver a message on behalf of Mr. Van Stanton.”

“Henry or Mason?”

“Mason.” The man answers. “I work for him.”

“Figures he’d be too bloody chicken to talk to me himself.”

“Understand Ms. Noel, I am only following orders.”

“Yeah, that argument never works, mate. Just deliver the message and leave before I lose my patience and deck you like I decked him last night, alright love?”

“As you wish.” He reaches into his coat pocket and produces a large envelope. He passes it to Julia. She looks at it curiously.

“What is this?”

“Legal documentation. It is a reminder of the legally binding contractual obligation you and Mr. Van Stanton entered into in late 2018.”

“Yes, the contract that Mason himself declared null and void.”

“Incorrect, Ms. Noel.”

“Braddock!” Julia shouts angrily, her frustration and patience getting the better of her.

“Therein lies the problem, Ms. N...Braddock; the contract was legally binding to Julia Braddock. It was not binding to Chastity Noel. By abandoning the legal name and identity of Chastity Noel you once again entered into the contract. You broke the contract when you physically assaulted Mr. Van Stanton last night.”

“And what does that mean?”

He motions to the envelope. “Everything is spelled out in the envelope Ms. Braddock; Mr. Van Stanton is invoking article four section two of the contract. That means he is confiscating your home in London and your apartment in Raleigh.”

“He can’t do that…” Julia shakes her head in disbelief.

“He can. It was in the contract you agreed to and signed in 2018. All of that is in the package you now hold in your hand, Ms. Braddock. You can, of course, keep it all if you return as a client of Mr. Van Stanton.”

Julia snarls angrily. “Never. I make plenty between GCW and Emerge to sustain myself. I can find a place to call home. Besides, I’d rather die than place my trust in that scum again.”

“Fair enough. Do you have any further questions, Ms. Braddock?”

Julia smirks. “Yes, just one...does this mean that finally the contract truly is null and void?”

“Yes. Article Four Section Two of the contract, when invoked, also dissolves the contract in its entirety.”

“That’s what I thought. So you go back and tell Mason that the next time I see him, I just may punch some more of his bloody teeth out. I’m no longer restrained by anything or anyone. And after this stunt he pulled, I am beyond pissed off. Are we clear?”

“Of course, Ms. Braddock.”

“Now leave!” Julia shouts. The man turns and makes his exit.

Julia reenters her hotel room and slams the door shut. She makes her way back over to the bed and slumps down on the edge, burying her face in her hands. It is now that she breaks down. Tears flow down her cheeks. What will she do now? Traveling and touring with GCW will allow her to stay in hotel rooms but what about when she isn’t touring? Emerge is, for the most part, stationary. And what about when there are no shows? She needs somewhere to lay her head and call home until she can find a more permanent spot.

JaMarcus Avery is the most obvious option, but he too, is just as busy touring as Julia. He is touring with Supreme Championship Wrestling.

Glory Braddock; her older sister is an option but while they have made peace, Julia still doesn’t fully trust her.

She could stay with her mother Mary Ford. But Mary is still recovering from gunshots sustained in a drive by shooting. Does Julia want to be yet another burden upon her?

Then there’s Aphrodite Noel, a woman whom Julia still secretly considers a mother figure. This option would test Julia like never before. She has managed to do what her cousin Angelica suggested, she found a way for the various parts of her personality to coexist. But could that all fall apart?

What will Julia do now?

Return to “General Roleplay Board”