admin
Site Admin

The Julia Foundation: 3

Post by admin » Fri May 07, 2021 7:57 pm

==========
London, England
Off Camera
==========

The path she walks right now is well known. In fact, little of this has changed and it is in large part due to the dying wishes of none other than its former owner, the late Glenn Braddock. Well, he may not have specifically requested this but his daughters, Glory Braddock and her sister Julia Braddock (also known as Chastity Noel), knew how much Glenn detested change. He would have wanted the old homeplace to remain the same. Thus the walkway up to the front porch is exactly as Glory Braddock remembers it as she makes her way across the stony path, dressed in a pair of denim jeans, black boots, and a royal purple blouse. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. She isn’t staying here at this time, the current resident is her sister Chastity. Chastity needed a permanent residence that she could rely upon. Her last place was an apartment in Raleigh, North Carolina but it was owned by her former manager Mason Van Stanton and as grandiose as it was, he only loaned it out to her so long as she was his client. Ever this they went their separate ways, Chastity hasn’t had a place to call her own. But thanks to Glory, she at least has this place.

Glory Braddock’s motive was partially out of love for her sister but also partially due to guilt. Glory recognizes her own guilt in how Chastity ended up losing damn near everything she had. Now she just wants to make amends with her sister and, over the past several months, the two have been spending more and more time together. Glory has bent over backwards to try and make things right towards Chastity. She has allowed her to stay at their familial home place in London as long as she wants no questions asked. She even has indulged in what Glory believes to be Chastity’s unusual desire of being a Noel, adopted daughter of Aphrodite Noel; once a month Glory will spend time with Chastity and Aphrodite and will even acknowledge Aphrodite as her own mother, but only during that one time a month to appease her sister. But this evening Glory is dropping in to visit her sister hoping to further mend these wounds and, maybe answer a few questions of her own.

Braddock approaches the door and presses the doorbell. She stands there and waits patiently. It isn’t a long wait before the door opens and she finds her lovely sister Chastity Noel standing before her, wearing a knee length pink skirt, pink high heel pumps, and a black silk blouse. A warm, pleasant smile is etched across her face.

“Evening, mate.”

“Ah, Glory! I was wondering when you would come!” She playfully looks at a watch. “You’re a little late.”

“What can I say, traffic was hell.”

“I can certainly understand.” Chastity leans in and embraces Glory in a tight hug. “Now come on inside, I already made us drinks.”

Glory nods her head and follows her sister across the threshold and into the family home. Chastity leads them into the living room. Glory sits down on the plush black leather sofa (yes, the same one their father Glenn always had) while Chastity walks over to a coffee table and picks up two glasses of red wine. She hands one to Glory and keeps one for herself. She holds out her drink offering up a toast.

“To family…”

“Family.”

The sisters click their glasses together and then they take a sip in unison. Chastity then sits down in the recliner. “Not that I’m complaining or anything, because I really do enjoy your company, but this is a little odd. We were just visiting with Mother in the states.”

“How do you know I’m not here on business? I do own our father’s wrestling school. Plus this is my family home as well.”

“Fair enough.” Chastity takes a sip of her wine. “So how long are you here for?”

“A few days. I am on business with the school but I could get that over with quickly and be gone if I wanted to; I do want to take some time and be with you while I’m here. That is, if you don’t mind.”

“Why would I mind? Like you said, this is your home too. Technically, it is legally your home. You just let me stay here.” A grin forms upon her face. “Which reminds me, it is a good thing you came because I have been thinking about this home a great deal.”

“Really?”

“Yes. I did some research on the market value of this home. I have had several appraisals done on the property. And to be perfectly honest, it is time I stopped using you as a crutch. So I would like to buy this property from you.”

Braddock’s eyes grow wide. She wasn’t expecting this. She shakes her head. “No, no you don’t have to buy this from me. If you want this home I will let you have it. I will sign it over to you for free.”

“You will do no such thing. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but all my life I have either used you lived in your shadow or used you as a crutch. I admit that I cannot fully escape the shadow of the great Braddock name. I’ve come to accept that no matter I change my name to, I will forever be compared to my legendary father Glenn Braddock and my awesome sister Glory Braddock. I’m ok with that and I am ready to embrace that legacy, that’s why I compete under the Braddock name in the wrestling ring. But I do not have to live off of your charity forever, Glory.

Braddock shakes her head. “But I’m the one who put you in this mess in the first place. I worked with Mason to get you locked up and…”

“Stop. We’ve put that behind us, ok? I’ve forgiven you. It’s over. You’ve more than atoned for your sins, and so have I. It is time that we look towards the future and that’s what this is about for me. I want to look into a future where I can hold myself up without needing anyone’s help. And I’m prepared to pay you more than fair market value for this home.” Chastity reaches back over to the coffee table and produces a check. She hands it to Glory. Glory reads it and her eyes grow wide as she looks at the check and then back up at her sister.

“Where did you get this money?”

“I have my secrets.” She smirks knowingly.

“I don’t like it when you keep secrets from me. Like, The Julia Foundation; when were you going to tell me about that secret?”

“Eventually.”

Glory sighs. “Secrets are bad, mate. Remember you kept the secret about your drug abuse and look where it got you.”

“I know but trust me when I say that this isn’t anything like that. This Foundation exists to help people of all shapes and sizes in all matter of crises that they may find themselves in, whether it is an addiction, domestic abuse, anything at all that they need help overcoming. I want to help others in much the same way Aphrodite helped us both overcome our own trials and tribulations. She helped me overcome my drug addiction, helped me gain self-confidence, and she helped you learn humility, she taught you about the corporate and with that knowledge you have turned your once floundering business into a powerhouse. And in return we became her children, her daughters. Now I want to help others with their own various problems. That’s not a sinister plan, now is it?”

Glory shakes her head and then sips on her wine. “I suppose it isn’t. Still, I can’t help worry about you. You’re my little sister. Besides, shouldn’t you be focusing on Resurrection X and the GCW World Championship?”

“I am and that is my primary focus, otherwise The Julia Foundation would already have been off its feet. But the official grand opening hasn’t taken place yet. Delays in certain legal matters are holding things up. Once Resurrection season passes I should have time to devote to getting things off the ground. But you can trust me, Glory, GCW currently has my one hundred percent commitment and focus.” The eyes of Chastity Noel grow more intense as she stares across the room at her sister. “You have been a world champion fifteen times. I only had a taste of that success one time and that reign was a disgrace for me. I had to use a shortcut to win the title and I had to use shortcuts to keep the championship.”

“But that same year you beat me at Resurrection. You made me tap out.”

Chastity nods her head. “I remember that well and to date that has been my very best Resurrection moment. It was the moment I earned your respect and earning your respect is something I have always wanted. But now I need to become GCW World Champion and I need to do it on my own, without any shortcuts, and I need to do it at Resurrection. That will be my Resurrection moment. There is nothing I want more in my entire life than that and right now my entire life is devoted to preparing for the match of my career against Nadia Allen. Just ask Sophie (O’Brian) or Randall (Williams) who is spending the most time at the school? It isn’t them or the students. It’s me. Our father trained you and me both at that wrestling school. And I am using it to prepare me for Resurrection.”

Chastity leans back in the recliner and sips on her wine. She seems to relax a little bit as the tension ends. A smile crosses her face. “You know, I remember the very first Resurrection. I wasn’t on the card but I was there backstage.”

“I remember.” Glory says, nodding her head.

“You were prepared to go to bat for me, to get me on the card, but dad didn’t think I was ready just yet. I was signed to a GCW contract but he didn’t think I was ready for the one night sixteen person tournament to crown the new GCW World Champion. He agreed to let me compete only if someone had to bow out due to injury. I admit, part of me wished someone would have been injured so I could have had my chance that very night. But looking back, dad was right. I wasn’t ready. And now that I have had ten years of experience, ten years of hard and difficult lessons learned, I am ready to return to Resurrection and become the GCW World Champion.”

Chastity finishes off her wine and sets the glass down on the coffee table. “So, do you agree?”

“Agree about what? I agree you can win at Resurrection but Nadia is just as determined and…”

Chastity shakes her head. “Not that. Do you agree to let me pay you for this home, so that it’s legally mine and I didn’t get it via hand out?”

Glory sighs and nods her head. “Fine...whatever you say, mate.”

“Wonderful. A home of my own and that’s something that no one can take from me. Thank you, Glory.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”