I'm Coming Back

admin
Site Admin

I'm Coming Back

Post by admin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:19 pm

“Check, check? Is this thing on?”

The camera begins to roll. We are on a set. We see the infamous con-man wrestling agent Mason Van Stanton standing there in his typical black suit and platinum blonde hair. A sinister smirk is etched across his smug face. He seems to ooze confidence, which is unusual considering he recently was kicked to the curb by nearly all of his remaining clients.

“Good evening, everyone, and a special hello to all of my friends within Global Championship Wrestling. Did you miss me?” He pauses for a moment to let his question sink in before chuckling and shaking his head. “No, of course you didn’t. I mean, look at me! I am the guy who manipulated my brother when he was running GCW and used him to take over the company. I am the evil tyrant who tried to ruin the careers of Hannah Myers, Kendra Classic, Julia Braddock, and The McBride Corporation.”

Van Stanton chuckles. “Oh but wait, lets look at that list one more time shall we? Julia Braddock just ended the year long title reign of Lenore Price-Mason to become GCW Global Champion. Hannah and Kendra are in the main event of Last Respects, a sixty minute Iron Woman Match for the GCW World Tag Team Championship. The Fix very well could leave Last Respects covered in gold. And as for Melanie and Karen McBride? They could leave Last Respects as number one contenders for the GCW Global Tag Team Championship. So I would appreciate it if certain people would quit spreading lies and falsehoods about my good name. Am I a saint? No. Do I utilize questionable methods? Damn right I do. But do I get results? Yes, yes I do. And I think the success of my former clients is evidence of that.”

He smirks knowingly, winking at the camera. “You’re welcome, ladies. And I suppose you seeing me here speaking to the GCW Universe is somewhat disheartening. I am certain all of you had hoped to never hear from me again. My disappearance from Global Championship Wrestling had brought about a certain amount of stability for the company. You felt safe in the knowledge that I would never return.”

He shakes his head. “Do not kid yourselves. Your ideas of safety and security, especially stability, are all fake. They do not truly exist. This company and most any company worth a damn thrives on conflict. That’s why you have certain agents of chaos causing mayhem, chaos, and anarchy. But am I one of those so-called agents of chaos?” Mason again shakes his head.

“That is another lie people tell you and you stupidly believe. There is really and truly no such thing as a true agent of chaos. Even those agents of chaos have some ulterior motive at the end of the day. Maybe that motive is to get noticed? Maybe that motive is to upset the established order, shake things up, and bring the powerful down and lift up the lowly? Whatever the motive is, it is still a motive, it is still an agenda, and if you have any sort of end game then you are not a true agent of chaos. True agents of chaos just do random things and wait to see what happens with no concern as to what happens to them or anyone else.” Van Stanton chuckles nastily.

“Oh but you still fear the chaos, you fear the anarchy, despite its non-existence. And to hide yourself from the anarchy you use such familiar tropes as family to shield and protect you. Such powerful families all have their own unique influence over Global Championship Wrestling, from the Braddock family to the McBrides, the Michaels family and the Jones family, hell look at what the Street family has done. It basically helped mold what would become The Sovereign and now Chanel Hunter with Trinity Street in her corner could bring home the GCW World Championship. All because of family.”

Van Stanton shakes his head. “Family is not as wonderful as you all believe it to be. Trust me, I should know. I tried working with my brother once before and it didn’t work out, we had our own different visions for how wrestling should be, so we went our separate ways. Then we reunited, formed The Fix, and took over GCW. But that, too, fell apart when my brother lost his nerve and tapped out to Glory Braddock at Resurrection VIII, thus forfeiting all of his power. And I tried once again here recently to try and rekindle a connection with my family…” at this point Mason pauses, there seems to be genuine pain in his eyes. He shakes this feeling and regains his composure.

“...but that obviously did not work out, either and that is all I will say on that subject. The point is, family is overrated, and I am going to prove it. You see, ladies and gentlemen of GCW, I am going to return very soon. And you need not worry about chaos or anarchy running rampant in this company, because that is not my motivation. I’m not going to send this company on a first class ticket down the highway to hell, either. But I do plan to shake your confidence in certain foolish concepts...like family. Your confidence in them will be shaken to its core when I return. When I am finished, when I have reached my endgame, you will realize that you have nothing you can hide behind, that there is nothing to protect you in the harsh reality of this world we live in. So listen to me and listen to me well, GCW, I am coming back and my return will be a Masterpiece.”

The scene fades to black.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”