admin
Site Admin

The Julia Foundation: 9

Post by admin » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 pm

==========
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Julia Braddock and her older sister Glory were born seven years apart, almost to the day. Julia was born in October of 1990 and her sister Glory was born in October of 1983. Growing up they would typically celebrate birthdays together, partially because their father Glenn Braddock, god rest his soul, was a little on the cheap side. The sisters grew to accept this and, quite honestly, enjoy it. It has been a practice in their family to continue to celebrate their birthdays at the same time every year; at least whenever they were on good terms. As adults, Glory and Julia grew apart and at times were bitter rivals. But now that they have patched things up they are looking forward to enjoying another celebration, just the two of them like it used to be; with only one other guest invited.

This evening Kurt Logan has taken their daughters, Melinda and Dawn, out to eat. This leaves Glory’s Miami home as the place for the celebration. Julia, who for this occasion is going by her legal name Chastity Noel, is dressed in a silver cocktail dress and matching heels. Her sister enters the room with a tray of three glasses of red wine. Glory, who is going by her legal name of Lindsey Noel for this occasion, is dressed in a blush crochet cocktail dress with an open back and matching heels. Chastity reaches for a glass of wine but Glory stops her.

“Not yet, Chastity. Let’s wait for Mother.”

“Sorry, I forgot.” Chastity sighs and smiles from ear to ear. “I’m just so happy we’re doing this again, you know? We haven’t done this in forever.”

“I know. It’s like we’ve been feuding forever.” Glory frowns. “I do regret those years we were feuding. We both missed out on good times together.”

“It’s ok, Lindsey. Everything is good now between us. You don’t have anything to feel guilty about.”

“It is hard to forget about what I did.”

“I know and maybe you shouldn’t forget because we all want to learn from the past. But you should forgive yourself. Just as I have forgiven myself for my part in our past rivalry. Tonight is a night of celebration, our birthdays among other things. Don’t forget that.”

Glory smiles meekly. “I’ll try.” They are interrupted when a knocking is heard at the door. Assuming that this is their guest the two sisters rise up from the sofa and walk over out of the living room and approach the front door. Glory turns the knob and opens the door. Aphrodite Noel is there and walks in.

“Welcome, my Queen.” Chastity remarks as she kneels and bows her head in reverence. Glory then follows suit, kneeling before Aphrodite and bowing her head in reverence. “Welcome to my home, Mother.” They remain kneeling, waiting on permission from their Mother to rise.

“You can rise now.” Aphrodite instructed. Chastity rises, followed by Glory. They all embrace in a tight hug.

“Lindsay and I are so glad you could come, Mother.”

“Yeah, I’m 38 now.” Glory chuckles. “I’m getting closer and closer to 40. I’m going full speed, non stop as a wrestler and business woman.” Glory smirks. “Don’t know how much longer I can do this. But hey, one more year to celebrate at least.”

“When you do decide to rest, you will have earned it.” Aphrodite smiles.

“Thank you, Mother.” Glory curtsies. “Now come, let’s celebrate. We have drinks in the living room.”

Glory, Chastity, and Aphrodite make their way into the living room. All three take a glass of wine. Chastity raises her glass. “A toast, to our birthdays. To my sister Lindsay for letting us use her lovely home. And of course to our wonderful Mother.”

Aphrodite raises her glass. “A toast to my lovely daughters. Just when I think you couldn’t make me prouder, you continue to raise the bar. Chastity... I still feel I should have been there to stop Mason’s influence from taking root. Sorry I wasn’t. But you overcame his poison. Finally you are the Global Champion that GCW deserves.” She shifts her attention to Lindsay. “And to you, Lindsay. I am glad that we are in a good place. Hasn’t always been smooth. We’re family. I have always loved you. I am proud you’re my daughter.”

“Thank you, your majesty. I love you too, Mother.” Glory bows her head.

“And may I also point out that this is the seventh anniversary of my becoming your daughter. And it is Lindsay’s sixth anniversary. You’re right, Mother, we haven’t always gotten along. And Lindsay here, it took a little convincing, but now even she has embraced her role in this new family we have created.”

Chastity turns to her sister. “And you really should slow down. You could burn yourself out if you’re not careful. Me? I’m focused on GCW alone and being the best Global Champion I can be. Well, that and my charitable rehabilitation clinic.”

Aphrodite takes a sip from her glass. “The legacy of our family will never be questioned.”

==========
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

The visit, the celebration, it lasted several hours before the trio said their goodbyes before their Mother took her leave. Kurt Logan would return with the children and everyone began to settle in for the night. The only two people remaining up currently are Glory Braddock and her sister Chastity. They are still on the sofa, drinking the remaining wine. Both have grins on their faces. They enjoyed this evening. It was nice for a change.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t rather me go and stay at a hotel tonight?” Chastity asks. Glory shakes her head.

“Bloody hell, mate. We’re sisters. This is our celebration. And it may be over but you’re not staying at some cheap ass hotel when you can stay here with me. We’re family. Family sticks together.”

“Thank you, Lindsay. This truly was a great celebration but I must admit that I was surprised by something.”

“Mother isn’t here, Chastity. Please, call me Glory.”

Chastity chuckles as she sips her wine. “You are full of contradictions, Lindsay, you know that? See, I was surprised because inviting Mother to our celebration was your idea. Changing your name to Lindsay Gloria Marie Braddock Noel, using that name when you are in Mother’s presence, all of this was YOUR idea. But when you are around your husband, out in public, or on television, you still use the famous family name, the Glory Braddock identity. Contradictions, dear sister.”

“You’re one to talk. Need I remind you that Julia Braddock is the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion, not Chastity Noel. You’re doing the same thing.”

“Not exactly.” She shakes her head. “You see, my problem from the very start of my career was that I wanted to match your success. And why wouldn’t I? You had already won multiple world titles by the time I made my in-ring career. It was shortly after Resurrection IX that I realized I needed to quit trying to match your success and just be the best Julia Braddock I can be inside the ring.”

“Well that’s good. That’s the mentality you needed. I’m happy you finally figured it out.”

“But that’s not the end of it. The Braddock family legacy is firmly entrenched and protected. You have fifteen world titles to your name and who knows? Maybe more will come. I have two world titles to my name and I still have a lot of time left. I could add more. But we have done the Braddock name proud. When I hang up my boots, ten years down the road, maybe longer, I’m done. I’m going to focus on being who I am…Chastity Noel. I have already begun laying the groundwork for that with my charity, The Julia Foundation. This will enhance this other great family we have built, the Noel family, with Aphrodite as our mother and queen. What I want to know is what do you plan to do when you hang up your boots?”

Glory shrugs her shoulders. “I am running a company. I…”

“Yes, and that does add to the legacy, but what do you plan to do about this…” she points to herself “...there’s still underlying issues between us, Lindsay. You can’t deny it.”

“What are you talking about? I have gone above and beyond the call of duty to repair the tensions between us. I thought we were good.”

Chastity sighs deeply out of frustration. “Look, I apologize. This is all coming out the wrong way. I know you are sincere. But at the same time you have had over thirty years as the favorite of the Braddock family, the best and most successful of the Braddock family. You have taken one step towards making things right. You did change your name, you embrace Aphrodite as our Mother just as I do, but I know you do it just to appease me. Whenever Kurt and your children are around you answer to Glory Braddock. In public you answer to Glory Braddock.”

“Look, I’m glad that you are happy with who you are. I’m happy with who I am. Shouldn’t we be happy for each other?”

“We should be happy for one another. But I’m not sure you are being honest with me. Be honest with the world. When you retire, for good, be like me and pick a side. Pick an identity Quit with this dual identity crap. You’re not Bruce Wayne and Batman. You are either/or. You are either Glory Braddock or Lindsey Noel. When you retire, be honest and make your decision. That’s all I ask. Because tonight was special, it was the first time you were truly honest, you were happy as a part of this new family we have created. You knelt before Mother, our Queen, just as I did, was that just to appease me?” She shakes her head. “I don’t believe so. I think that has become a part of who you are now. That has become an intricate part of your identity. So when you do retire I want you to be honest and pick a side. I know which one you will choose.”

Glory smirks. “You seem so sure of yourself. What if I choose to be Glory Braddock permanently?”

“I could live with it. But you won’t choose that. Do you know how I know? Because when I chose to be Chastity Noel you couldn’t live apart from me. You became Lindsay Noel so you could still be my sister. So which will it be… Lindsay?”

There is a long pause. Finally Glory sighs and shakes her head. “It’s far too late for this. And besides, I have many years left in my career. I don’t need to worry about that crap.” Glory embraces her sister in a tight hug. “Look, we can talk about more about this later, but I assure you that you do not know as me as well as you think, sis. Now you can stay up as late as you like. But I’m going off to bed. I’m exhausted.” Chastity turns and watches as Glory walks out of the living room. She listens closely as Glory can be heard walking upstairs. Once she is certain that Glory is out of listening range Chastity rolls her eyes and takes another sip of her wine.

“This was indeed a wonderful celebration, not just of our respective birthdays but the mark of the beginning of something amazing. You may not know it…Glory…but you have already made your decision. When you do retire, you will become Lindsay Noel, you will forever be my baby sister, and wherever you go you will always be our Mother’s youngest child.” She sips on her wine. “It’s only a matter of time.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”