Site Admin

Braddock & Sutter Post Resurrection CD

Post by admin » Wed May 25, 2022 4:13 pm

==========
May 22nd, 2022
Raleigh, NC
Off Camera
==========

We open backstage at the PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina. Night Three of GCW Resurrection XI has just concluded and the fans just witnessed a heck of a main event between Kelsai Adamson-Mason and Julia Braddock in which The Kensington Knockout managed to regain the GCW Global Championship. The sounds of “Gets Me Through” by Ozzy Osbourne can still be heard in the background, which indicate that the fans are probably still cheering and celebrating the conclusion. As for the new champion herself, she has just stepped through the curtain and back into the backstage area. Sweat covers her face, her hair is a mess, she is battered and bruised, and limping a little from Kelsai’s attack on her leg, but it was all worth it because she also sports the GCW Global Championship title belt which once again rests upon her shoulders. Braddock is dressed in her wrestling gear, consisting of black tights with a silver thigh length skirt, silver kick boots, and silver top. A triumphant grin is on her face as she still tries to process what happened tonight. Her championship victory, completing her collection of “brass ring” accolades by winning in the main event of Resurrection, makes her happy. But that happiness is short lived as Julia is startled by soft applause nearby. She stops and turns to find an unwelcome visitor staring a hole right through her. Braddock scowls.

“Sutter…”

Yes, that same Clyde Sutter who has been taunting her in recent weeks surrounding some cryptic secret he knows, a secret he wants to share with Julia, is standing there just inside the backstage area. He is dressed in denim jeans, black boots, a white silk button up shirt, and a black leather trenchcoat. A smug grin is etched across his face. Braddock shows no fear as she approaches the monstrous, violent human being.

“Congratulations, Ms. Braddock. The Global Championship is back where it belongs.”

“Are you disappointed?” Julia asks. Sutter scoffs and shakes his head.

“Disappointed? Why, Ms. Braddock, what would give you the idea that I am disappointed in your victory here tonight at Resurrection? To be perfectly honest, I have been one of your biggest supporters.”

“Bullshit.” Julia snarls. “You have held a grudge against the Braddock family ever since my sister kicked you out of her wrestling school. It would have pleased you to no end to see my career end tonight.” She pats the Global Title belt that rests over her shoulder. “But I’m pleased to say that it didn’t work out the way you had hoped.”

“Don’t be foolish, Ms. Braddock.” He chuckles. “The stipulation was that if you failed to become champion you would leave GCW. If I had wanted to see you fail and see you leave GCW, all I had to do was go down to the ring and take Kelsai’s damn head off in front of the referee. You would have been disqualified right then and there. If I wanted you to leave, I could have made it happen. Do not misunderstand me, Ms. Braddock, I truly did support your endeavor to regain the Global Championship.”

“I don’t believe you.” Julia insists. “I do not believe a word that you are saying to me. You are nothing but a mercenary. You are Danielle Page’s muscle.”

“A guy has to make his living some way.” He sneers.

“But most importantly, you detest my family. So why should I believe anything you say? And why should I believe that you of all people support me?”

“Once again you misread me, Ms. Braddock. You pass judgment upon me without truly taking time to get to know me. You are incorrect when you say that I hate your family. I hate many of them but not all of them. I do not hold a silly grudge against the Braddock name. I hold grudges against certain types of people, namely your sister. She never understood me. She never took time to understand who I am or where I came from because if she tried to understand my past then perhaps she would have understood why I became the person you see today. Your sister merely passed judgment upon me and cast me out like a leper. Then again, someone like her would do that because she hasn’t been through what I have been through. My father and mother abandoned me at birth, Ms. Braddock. I was left at an orphanage, an orphanage that I ran away from at age eighteen. From there I had to fight for survival on the streets because I had nowhere to go and no support system.” He snickers. “Sounds like your story, doesn’t it Ms. Braddock? Sounds like your adopted daughter’s story as well, come to think of it.”

“Don’t you dare speak about Serena!” Julia exclaims angrily.

“Our stories are similar because they are stories of survival. Both you and I had no real support system to speak of, both you and I had to survive on the streets; your story of how you overcame the streets, the drug addiction, and ultimately fought your way back to where you are today is an inspiring one to the world but it really touches me because it is my story as well. Both of us were willing to do whatever it took to overcome the obstacles put before us, both of us fought like hell to make something of ourselves, and if that meant being a ‘mercenary’ as you put it, then so be it.” Sutter nods his head. “You accuse me of being Danielle Page’s muscle. But there was a time when you turned your back on your family and joined Aphrodite Noel’s kingdom.”

Braddock sighs. Clyde is right and she cannot deny it. Sutter continues. “The fans hated you for it, even your own family wouldn’t trust you for a long time after that, but when I look back at those events, I cannot blame you for what you did. Ms. Noel got you the help you needed, she provided you with the support system you needed to overcome your addictions and the obstacles in your life. She did what your family would not. Why wouldn’t you feel at least a little loyalty towards her? Do you see now why I support you, Ms. Braddock? You and I are not much different. I now extend a hand in friendship…” Sutter does indeed extend his hand. Julia looks at it and then back up at Sutter.

“You want to be my friend?”

“Friendship is what I ask, Ms. Braddock; no strings attached. Because you are the only member of the Braddock family who understands me.” Sutter keeps his hand extended. Julia looks back down at the hand and then back up at Sutter. She shakes her head.

“Maybe you are not the monster that everyone makes you out to be? Maybe there is something to you, something buried deep down? God knows I’m not one to pass judgment on anyone. But I do know your past, and I do know what you did to my niece.”

“I did nothing to Melinda.” Sutter sneers. “Your sister is lying. Ask Melinda yourself.”

“That’s not the point. The point is you have a long history of being an awful, horrible human being. You have aligned yourself in the past with people who cannot be trusted…the Page sisters, Mason Van Stanton…there is absolutely no reason I should trust you, let alone be your friend.”

“That is rather strange to hear coming from someone who herself needed a second chance.” Sutter remarks with a soft chuckle.

“Maybe, but I busted my ass to earn the trust of my friends, my family, and the fans. You haven’t done much to earn my trust back…yet.”

“Fair enough.” Sutter nods his head. “I do have a rather nasty history. I will work to earn your trust, Ms. Braddock. I will prove to you that you can trust me and then perhaps we can be friends? And maybe I should start by filling you in on my little secret?” He winks at Julia. “I did promise to tell you my secret if you defeated Kelsai tonight. And I am a man of my word.”

“You could tell me your secret but how would I know you aren’t just lying like you have in the past? How would I know that this isn’t just all some big mind game you’re playing?” She pats the title that rests over her shoulder. “I do have the top prize in GCW now.”

“You think I give a damn about that?” He sneers. “That’s laughable. Clearly you have been talking to Sophie O’Brian. She has probably filled your head with all kinds of nasty misinformation about me. Am I right?”

“It doesn’t matter who I talked to or didn’t talk to, but I will say this, I trust my friends and family more than you.”

“The same friends and family who you did not trust enough to ask for their help when you were addicted to drugs?” He chuckles softly. “That’s fine. It is your family, after all, so it is understandable that you would believe them over me. I will leave you for now but the offer still stands, you came through on your promise to become Global Champion and therefore I will tell you my secret whenever you are ready to hear it. You know how to reach me....and I always know how to find you.”

With that said, Clyde Sutter turns and walks away. Julia Braddock is left confused. He mind and heart are in conflict. Her heart wants to believe in second chances and she wants to at least consider what Sutter says. But her mind is much stronger right now, because all of the logic in t he world says that Sutter is scum. For now she will ignore him and his requests. But she knows he will not stop. She knows he will continue to harass her. And she also is curious, just what kind of secret is Clyde Sutter talking about? And why would Julia Braddock give a damn about any of it?

Return to “General Roleplay Board”