Third Show: Fever

admin
Site Admin

Third Show: Fever

Post by admin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:10 pm

For a long time GCW has had two shows: Shotgun and Livewire. There was a time when we tried to get every single character on our roster a match on every single card (unless of course the handler requested not to be booked). When our roster was smaller in the early days this worked out fine. But over time as we grew and added new handlers and more characters the cards grew to be too bloated, too big, and just unrealistically enormous of a card. So we scaled back, booking smaller cards. Sometimes this left certain characters off. We would try to get back to those characters in time. As a former show-runner myself, and as other former show-runners still on staff at GCW will tell you, making sure each and every character gets something good while at the same time booking a realistically sized show is very difficult. I have been pondering a way to solve this issue, or at least make things better. My solution is a third show.

The name of the show is FEVER. I'm naming it after GDW's old main show, which was also called Fever. And since GCW now owns all trademarks and copyrights to all GDW stuff, this is an appropriate and realistic nod to GCW's past. FEVER will be cross-branded, meaning characters from both Shotgun and Livewire will appear on the show. FEVER will be OPTIONAL, because while some of you may feel frustration at times when your character is not booked, others may enjoy having a break from having to write a segment all the time. So you have to REQUEST that your character get booked on the show. Your character will be booked against enhancement talent, so this will be a guaranteed win...the only time your character's appearance on the show does not result in a win is if YOU SPECIFICALLY REQUEST A DIFFERENT ENDING. Maybe you want a no decision or a draw or a loss to further a storyline? Sure, I'll do it. But you have to tell me, otherwise you will beat the enhancement talent.

Segments! Segments! Segments! If you're booked for the show, obviously submit segments. This is your chance to highlight your character when they may not otherwise get highlighted on the main Shotgun and Livewire shows. But if you are not scheduled for this show but want to appear anyway to advance your feud or storyline that is going on in Livewire or Shotgun, by all means, submit your segment anyway. There are very few reasons I would ever turn away a segment from anyone. So even if you are not using this show to get your character a match, then look at it as another way to contribute to GCW. Remember, the more you contribute the more likely randy will take notice of you and what you're doing.

Tentatively I have FEVER airing on the SATURDAY immediately following Livewire. So you would have Shotugn, Livewire then Fever. All of this is tentative as I am open to tweaking the idea. But unless I hear otherwise, this is how it will be.

Questions? Hit me up on the forums or on our discord. If you don't know about our discord, hit up randy or G. lol