Rules, Policies, & Procedures

admin
Site Admin

Rules, Policies, & Procedures

Post by admin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:34 am

Most sins committed here in GDW are venial sins and shall be forgiven for I have much grace. Lying, however, is a mortal sin and shall not be forgiven. Be straight with me. Be honest with me. If I catch you lying to me, there will be hell to pay.

1) I am the lord your fed-head, you will have no other fed-heads before me

2) If you have a problem with me, refer to rule #1

3) Private issues or problems between you and another member of the forums should remain private. Please don't be a child and post it on the boards like a whiney baby for all the world to see. If you do so, the wrath of God will descend upon you.

4) Blatantly insulting behavior is prohibited. This includes insults to both posters and lurkers and roleplayers alike. By all means feel free to critique the roleplays in our feedback forum or debate current events on the debate forum--but do not critique the person or their opinions/beliefs. Tempers may run high, but, keep all discussions civil, please. "Flame War" participants, regardless of "who started it", will be dealt with severely.

5) You are not entitled to know what all is going on behind the scenes.....especially but not just as it relates to backstage heated drama. So if you hear of behind the scenes drama and you make it public, expect immediate, swift and severe punishment.

6) Some people may be viewing these boards at a workplace. Some of our fed members may have children and their wandering eyes may happen upon things seen here. That being said, be sure to use your head about the content you post here on the boards. If you think it might be inappropriate, kindly put the word "warning" in brackets ( [ ] ) out by your topic title. Our moderators and myself will be monitoring the boards for these things.

7) I believe in second chances yet also I realize that I must have some kind of system of justice set in stone. That said, allow me to explain the three strike policy. The first offense will result in little to no punishment, just a severe talking to and word of warning. The second offense will bring about mild to moderate punishment. The third offense will bring about severe punishment and the liklihood of suspension for a period of time. If you continue to be disruptive after the third offense, the moderators and myself will discuss the possibility of a much longer period of suspension or even a termination of your contract.

8) Religion will not be a topic of discussion unless you can be nice about it. The moment it becomes heated, no matter who started it, the entire THREAD will be deleted.

9) Just in case there is something here that I did not cover I shall cover it now in this one broad sweeping rule: DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE! Acting like an asshole COULD get you automatic termination! So be nice, you jerks.

10) I reserve the right to randomly add things to this as I see fit

=====================

Shotgun is not currently used.

Livewire is on Friday.

Fever is on Saturdays, once or twice per month.

Four pay per views a year.

Two special dual branded "supershows": The Draft Show which always happens one or two weeks after Resurrection and The End of the Year Bash which happens at the end of the year!

======================

First of all, this is an angle fed, NOT a roleplay fed. We are not competitive here, necessarily. We are about telling good stories through our angles. But if you don't want to remain a curtain jerker, if you want to get into the thick of things, what you need to do is write segments, send them in and actively get involved in suggesting storyline ideas. The more active individuals will be the ones who more likely get the pushes.

What kinds of things can you do to get pushes? There are 4 specific things you can do to help your cause (in order from the one I consider MOST important to LEAST).

SHOW SEGMENTS: This is a biggie because it helps me with results. The fewer segments I have to write the easier it is on me and thus the happier I am.

TWITTER HYPE: Do you hype GCW and the matches and your GCW Storylines via twitter? This helps big time as it gives the fed advertisement and a spotlight and it also helps hype your storylines and feuds in the fed. Participating on twitter will help your cause if you want a push. Note: Please tag the GCW Twitter (@gcw_wrestling) in your tweets/posts if you want to make sure you’re noticed.

ANGLE IDEAS: Don't just sit there and expect me to come up with all the angles for your characters for you. Throw some ideas out yourself. And don't just tell me the ideas either, actively participate in pushing them forward.

OOC ACTIVITY: Obviously the ooc atmosphere helps contribute to the overall look of a fed. Many handlers will look at ooc atmosphere to decide if they'll join. The more you contribute to a positive and ACTIVE ooc environment the better off GCW will be and I will take it into consideration when deciding who has been contributing enough to be worthy of a major push.

SPECIALTY TALENTS: Are you a graphics designer? Can you build and update a website? These and other specialty talents, if done consistently, will also be considered.

Do you have to do ALL of these things? No. I myself am only an amateur when it comes to graphics design so to expect you to do that would be hypocritical. These are just the things I take into consideration when looking to see which of my handlers are the most actively involved. Do what you can. This is supposed to be a fun and laid back atmosphere first and foremost. This is not a job.

You get out of GCW what you put in. If you write segments for the show or, at the very least, give me some good ideas for something to write, then you'll have a good show to read. If you don't put forth much effort in terms of segments or working with your peers and yours truly on angle ideas, then you won't get much out of it.

In closing, instead of roleplays what we look for are segments. You participate in terms of segments, the better odds that you will receive the bigger push.

Also please work with your fellow roster members. An angle fed's success is wholly dependent upon roster members working together on angles.

By joining GCW you aren't just putting your character on a roster. You are allowed and encouraged to be a part of the creative process. Ultimately I, as fed head, reserve the right to make final creative decisions, but as a member of this fed you have the right to voice your opinion on how the creative process should go. Understand that just like skipping out on a meeting you were invited to attend or deciding not to vote in a national election, if you end up not getting your way you cannot complain if you did not participate in the creative process. So please, I can't emphasize this enough, participate in the creative process with us.

It shouldn't have to be said but it probably should; this is an angle fed. We determine PUSHES based off of PARTICIPATION. We do not judge winners and losers like a roleplay fed would. If you are consistent in your participation and activity level, you WILL be taken care of and given a good spot in terms of a push. Does this mean you will be an undefeated Goldberg-esque world killer winning every title we have? No. You will take your fair share of losses just like anyone else. But you will have an upward trajectory if you are consistent in your participation level.