Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

[The fans in Osaka, Japan are heavily cheering as Shotgun fades in for the first time tonight. That’s because GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas is standing in the center of the ring with some great confidence as she has the championship slung over her shoulder. Victoria soaks in the chants for her for a bit, realizing how loud they are and after they die down, she begins to speak.]

Victoria: Well, I guess I’m pretty popular in Japan, aren’t I?

[The fans let out a huge cheer.]

Victoria: Now, tonight, I have some “ginger demons” to exorcise, but I’ll get into that later. I want to talk about last Shotgun. Two weeks ago, my journey to Resurrection began and it all started with a match against Katherine Prescott, a non-title match, but I knew I couldn’t let my guard down. I knew going in that Katherine was going to treat it like a championship match and that’s exactly what she did, especially after what happened with Jason Redfield beforehand. Despite all that, Katherine gave me a hell of a battle and despite my preparation, I had to go an extra gear to be able to pull out that win and it was a great win, don’t get me wrong on that. But, understandably so, what people were really talking about was the big decision that Isabella Harker had to make. To refresh your memories… here’s what happened…

[Victoria signals to the big screen and the screen shows footage of Isabella Harker getting her huge main event victory over Julia Braddock. It then cuts to Isabella about to make her announcement before Alexander Midas ran in and tried to jump her from behind to take some of the spotlight away from the moment. However, Victoria Salinas would ultimately run in there and put a stop to it. The footage fades out and briefly fades back to Victoria who resumes her promo.]

Victoria: Now, as far as I’m concerned, that was total crap what Alexander Midas tried to do and I’m going to go into a bit of a soapbox here, so bear with me. Alexander Midas, under no circumstances, had any right to do what he did. He’s crying about not getting the world title shot he deserves and he can do all of that as much as he wants. I will never deny his abilities, but for him to try and ruin that moment for Isabella makes me sick. He wants a world championship match THAT bad? I’ll say this. It’s not my call, it’s Allison’s, but if defending this championship against him between now and Resurrection is what’s going to shut him the hell up, so be it because I made a promise to be the champion GCW deserves long before I regained this title and all Midas needs to do is say the word, we can run it by Allison, and we can make it happen. I’m not guaranteed to be in the main event of Resurrection just yet, and I wouldn’t mind getting in at least one defense before then, but speaking of Resurrection, let’s go back to the footage…

[Shotgun fades back to the footage when Isabella makes her announcement , leaving Victoria stunned in unexpected silence as last Shotgun came to an end. The fans cheer as the footage fades and we’re right back to Victoria who is deep in some thought regarding the decision that Isabella made.]

Victoria: So, for the last two weeks, people have been asking me why Isabella would choose the World Championship. I can’t answer that and I won’t even come up with a theory. Isabella’s decision is locked, and she’ll be challenging for the world championship at Resurrection. She’s guaranteed to be there, but I’m not. I can still lose this title between now and then. But, I will say this. IF I end up defending this title against her that night, honestly, the thought still puts me at a loss for words. But, I feel like I’ve been in this situation before. As a matter of fact, as I thought about it and let her decision sink in, I realized that I WAS. See, many years ago, long before I ever came here to GCW, I was in the middle of my first ever world title reign. I was on my way to the main event on the grandest stage. As a young 23-year-old, I rose to prominence and shined… in an eerily similar fashion that Isabella has been rising in the last year…

[Victoria pauses and smiles, reflecting on that point in time.]

Victoria: And my challenger? Well, he was a hell of a challenger, hell of a guy. He wanted to redeem himself for his wrongs and be a world champion again. We were good friends, he and I, so similar to Isabella and I today, and my god did he push my buttons or what. The company I worked for at the time billed our world title match “Rise vs. Redemption”, it was the “redemption” of my challenger against the “rise” of yours truly and now, could I be experiencing it again? The “rise” of Isabella Harker who has risen to the occasion time and time again, two X-Division titles, Civil War, beating recent world champions like Chantelle Chambers and Julia Braddock versus the “redemption” of yours truly… who did redeem herself for the wrongs she committed the last time she was world champion and BECAME world champion again. IF this is how it goes, I say this out of confidence, I WILL win, because I’ve done it before! Isabella has her wins against Chantelle and Julia, and that’s awesome, but she has yet to beat the kind of World Champion that I am.

Isabella, I respect your choice, and you know how much I respect you, but at Resurrection, you’re not beating me if I’m the champion you’re facing.

And as for Allison and Ginger Nation? Speaking of “redemption”...

I haven’t forgotten how you almost took it away from me at Deadly Dreams. Tonight, I’ll show you why I have always been one of the most clutch competitors in GCW since the day I arrived here!

[Victoria drops the microphone and leaves the ring, heading up the ramp with the championship as the fans cheer her. Victoria retains her confident demeanor as she heads to the back.]

(We open in a scenic, beautiful view with a bright sunny skyline with tall trees surrounding a grandiose multi-story estate obviously built for a very wealthy family. Just then from stage left Melanie McBride enters the scene. The gorgeous heiress to the McBride empire is wearing an undeniably chic lace dress with strategic lining that creates a stunning bralette look with elegant scallop finishes and long sleeves. She is perched atop black high heeled sandals. Her long black hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length. She holds in her hand the mask of Skogul given to her by Nero.)

Melanie: Behind me is my birthright, my first birth that is, and the seat of power of the McBride Family.

(She holds up the mask.)

Melanie: And this is my birthright, my second birth, representative of the evolution I endured under the tutelage of my Master, the one you call Nero. And if that estate behind me is my childhood, then this mask represent my home from my second birth.

(She tosses the mask off to the side.)

Melanie: But when you grow up, you cast aside childish things. At least, that is what the good book says. As children we leaned upon the crutches of such things as religion, politics, family, and so on and so forth in order to help us to make sense of the world. As children we were little more than sheep who needed to be led by a shepherd. Even the good book says that.

(She chuckles.)

Melanie: As children we needed emotions and feelings because our minds were so weak and fragile that we could not handle the tumultuous world we live in. We need to grow up. We need change. We need…

(She winks.)

Melanie: …evolution. But I get it, I understand that people fear change. I was once a child who feared change. I was afraid of the Master when he claimed me, and I didn’t realize why I was so afraid until just recently. I was afraid of the change that the Master promised. He promised me evolution but I didn’t want to evolve, I didn’t want to change. I didn’t want to let go of my emotions, my feelings, my family…

(She shakes her head.)

Melanie: ...but I do not need family, feelings, or emotions. I cast them aside and now the chains of my childish youth are gone. I have been liberated. I have evolved into something greater. Skogul is no more because she is no longer necessary. Melanie McBride is back but not the Melanie McBride you once knew. This is a stronger Melanie McBride because she no longer is bound to the weak feelings of affection and love. I only care about achieving my end game. Nothing else matters.

(She shakes her head.)

Melanie: Nothing, not even you Skuld. And I shall refer to you as Skuld because you obviously have not evolved, you have been unwilling and afraid to cast aside the mask and change in the same way I have, to accept the gift our Master tried to give you. Instead you rebelled against the Master, even going as far as to recruit the fake Nero to back you up. That’s fine. Both of you will be dealt with in due time. But first my priority is Cassidy Haze.

(She chuckles.)

Melanie: Cassidy, to you the world may be chaos but to me the world is clear. You need to be put down, not because of anything you’ve done wrong, but because you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time. You’re facing me on Shotgun and while you may not give a damn, I do give a damn about achieving my goal and my most immediate goal is to take you down and use you as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, perhaps even championship gold here in GCW. I am, after all, no stranger to gold. I was once a Cartel Old School Champion. I want gold again, not to feed my ego but because with gold comes power and that’s what I ultimately desire here in GCW; power. Bringing you down, Cassidy, is just step one in my quest for power.

(The scene fades.)

Jefferson Bentley and Skuld vs Blood Rose

[Saul and Aurora ramsey really didn’t know what they were going up against when they took on Jefferson Bentley and Skuld. Aurora and Skuld started the match. Aurora offered Skuld a handshake, and Skuld did comply with it but Skuld pulled her into a clothesline and then really went off on her. Aurora stood practically no chance against Skuld as Skuld would dominate her with so much firepower, culminating with a brainbuster that was clearly intended to let out a lot of anger. Saul was stunned and that would continue to be the case after Skuld got Aurora up to a vertical base only to bring her back down with an Asai DDT! Skuld went back to her corner and tagged in Jefferson Bentley who slowly walked in with a purpose knowing it was his first in-ring action in about nine months. Skuld stayed by him as the two merely watched Aurora helplessly crawl toward the corner to tag in Saul who slowly went in. Skuld ran toward the opposite corner to kick the depleted Aurora out of the ring. Saul, standing in front of the giant Jefferson, nervously offered his hand, still trying to be a good sport. Jefferson responded with a big boot right in the skull! Jefferson dragged Saul up and hit him with the Final Crisis. Game. Set. Match. The academic pinfall was made and the referee counted three.]

WINNERS: Jefferson Bentley and Skuld

[Skuld joined Jefferson in the center of the ring, but there was no cause for celebration despite the win. Jefferson had a serious look on his face, not quite revelling in the victory that just happened. EMT’s came down to the ring to check on Saul Ramsey as Jefferson and Skuld continued to stand over them, the announcers wondering if this was merely the beginning of what was to come to Nero and Melanie down the line.]

(We cut backstage where we find Destiny Skye sitting down on a bench in the #GingerNation dressing room. Ginger Enigma is doing jumping jacks with a wide ear to ear grin on her face.)

Enigma: 90! 91! 92! 93!

Destiny: Julia…

Enigma: 94! 95! 96!

Destiny: JULIA!

(Enigma stops the jumping jacks and stares quizzically at Destiny.)

Enigma: Huh?

Destiny: Julia, I’m calling you. That’s your name, isn’t it?

Enigma: Oh yeah! I forgot! Everyone just calls me Ginger Enigma! It’s cool! Now where was I?

(She snaps her fingers.)

Enigma: Ah pooey! You made me lose my spot! I’ll just start over!

(She begins her jumping jacks again.)

Enigma: 1! 2! 3! 4!

Destiny: Julia…I mean, Enigma, just stop…

(Again she stops the jumping jacks and stares quizzically at Destiny.)

Destiny: Come here and sit down.

(Destiny pats the bench next to her. The Enigma walks over and sits down next to Destiny.)

Destiny: Look, what I’m going to tell you is going to be hard for you to accept, but I’m going to say it because I like you. I may have been forced into this damnable group but I do like you.

Enigma: Silly goose! My besties Jinxy and Allison told me you joined because you really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really wanted to!

(Destiny rolls her eyes.)

Destiny: Ok, see, that’s what I’m about to tell you. Your so-called “besties” are lying to you and manipulating you.

Destiny: I know it’s hard to accept but you have to see what’s going on around you. They’re just using you as another lackey, a soldier in their #GingerArmy that’s disposable as they try to keep the Tag Team Championships and maintain power and control.

(Enigma shakes her head.)

Enigma: No! No, it’s not true! Allison is my bestie!

Destiny: I’m sorry, but…

Enigma: NO! They’re my besties!

(Enigma shoots up and walks away, exiting the dressing room. Destiny sighs as she wonders if she just made things worse.)

Allison Mayberry can be seen in her office, watching the action that just went on. As she turns her attention away, her motion proves to be prophetic, as Isabella Harker steps through the door.

Harker: “Hey, Ms. Mayberry… have you got a sec?”

Allison, not really concerned about the tone of Harker’s words, motions her hand to a chair in front of the desk. Harker chooses not to sit.

Harker: “I won’t be long. I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity…”

Mayberry: “Isabella, I’m going to stop you right there. I didn’t GIVE you anything. You were given a chance to earn a World Championship match, and you took advantage and did exactly that. You are main eventing Resurrection not because of anything I did, but because you earned it.”

Harker: “I know… and that’s what I wanted to thank you for.”

Allison, now understanding, nods.

Harker: “I know people have been talking about me. I know people have felt that my ascension in GCW was “forced” by others before you. And I wanted to thank you for standing back and allowing me to show that I DO deserve where I am. There is nothing more I want than to prove to the world that I am the author of my own fate.”

Mayberry: “Well, you are… but I have to ask about your motives in challenging Victoria Salinas for the World Championship. Not that I oppose it… not at all. A Shotgun main event for Resurrection? How can I object? I’m just curious.”

Harker smirks.

Harker: “It’s simple… Victoria believed in ME. She pushed me to prove myself. She encouraged me to show the world what I was made for when I got to the Civil War match. She had that faith in me…”

Mayberry: “And you want to show her how far you’ve come.”

She smiles.

Harker: “Exactly. But again… thanks.”

Harker leaves the office. The scene shifts…

Cassidy Haze vs Melanie McBride

[This match was billed as chaos vs. chaos and that’s exactly what the fans would get as this wasn’t exactly considered a technical wrestling classic. Cassidy came out of the box trying to catch Melanie off guard and she hard pressed her into the corner, drilling her with a few rights. Melanie wasn’t completely defenseless as she figured Cassidy would do such a thing, but that didn’t prevent Cassidy from being in control in the early going. Cassidy wouldn’t even bother with submissions, choosing to beat down Melanie with good old fashioned violence. Cassidy would try to strangle Melanie a couple of times and pinned her after connecting with moves like a scoop slam and a spinebuster, but Melanie kicked out. A spear attempt miss. Melanie took control. She showed an “evolution” from what Cassidy is known for, going for a more technical approach as opposed to Cassidy’s brute force style. Melanie would focus a little more on submissions, primarily focusing on the lower back with submissions such as a Boston crab and a surfboard, and with moves like a Russian legsweep and a Northern lights suplex, Melanie wore down Cassidy, often catching her out of breath. In the late stages, things were evenly matched as both ladies went back and forth. Cassidy went for the Haze Effect, but Melanie knew it was coming, so she blocked it. Melanie countered with a modified swinging neckbreaker. Melanie got Cassidy up in the center of the ring, only to drop her with the Evolution! Melanie made the academic cover on Cassidy, hooking the leg for the win!]

WINNER: Melanie McBride

[Before the referee can do his job to raise Mel’s hand, Nero slides into the ring. He drags Cassidy up by the hair. He puts her between his legs. The crowd anticipates that he is going to powerbomb her as he has done to others in the past. Instead, he drops Cassidy with a Gory Neckbreaker. The crowd gasp, there is only one person who has used a variation of that specific move. Nero reaches for the mask, wasting no time he removes it to reveal himself to be...

PIERCE MANNING?

The stoic expression on his face is striking. The crowd is unable to process what they just seen. Melanie by this time comes over with a microphone. He grabs it. Staring straight into the camera, Manning speaks.]

Manning: There are a lot of questions you have. I will give them all in time. What you need to know for now is this, when Jefferson failed to live up to the standard the Nero Organization set for him, they called me. Given my previous history, you’re wondering why would they would chose a man with the reputation of a womanizer to become The Chosen One? Quite simple, they saw raw potential in me. My father favors Eliza. She couldn’t do no wrong in his eyes. She embarrassed the family, still, our father didn’t come down on her with one tenth the vitriol he showed me.

For a time I lived a double life. I am a fan of the movie Batman Begins. One of the signature quotes in that movie comes from a woman named Rachel, she told Bruce that the mask he wears is Bruce Wayne, his real face is the one that Gotham fears. Pierce Manning served as my true mask for month. Nero is the person I evolved to. I needed Pierce Manning long enough to hoodwink everyone. And when I finally didn’t need the mask of Pierce Manning anymore, I rendered him obsolete.

Sierra, I was able to sway you on my side because we are alike. Both of us were discarded by our families just like Melanie. Both of us were always number two, just like Melanie was not the main McBride. All three of us share that connection. I did not expect you to fall in love with me, that wasn’t the plan. It is true that Melanie is the one I coveted most. She has proven me right each and every single week, Sierra. She has succeeded where you failed. Now you allow Skuld to summon that failure of a Nero to stand against me? No! I AM NOT THE IMPOSTER. You allowed an Angel to lead you down a path where now... I am THE MAN.

[Pierce Manning chuckles. The crowd still hasn’t composed itself from the revelation that Pierce, a man who was a laughing stock for so long was able to become... this.]

Manning: “This what I always wanted, to be The Man. The Nero Organization was gracious enough to show me how to unlock my true potential. For I am The Master. Melanie serves me. Through me, Melanie is the woman she should have been years ago if it wasn’t for her family giving her spot to The Whore. My father, nor Eliza, cared about me being The Man. It was all about my sister. The Organization has supported me in ways no one else ever has. Through The Organization I am a man of strength. A man of character. A man to be taken seriously. My father failed me, my sister failed me, this company failed me. The Nero Organization hasn’t.

Jefferson, The Organization was once home to you, now, you are no more than a wonderer. I took your home. I took your name. And I have a woman more loyal to me than any of the previous women under The Organization has been loyal to you. Hell, Jazmyn rejected you.

[Pierce smirks. The fans jeer.]

“I would demand that you follow me, but you’re too stubborn for that. I am going to make it my mission for you to bow down to the true Nero. You will have no choice but to accept me as THE MAN.

And Sierra? You had your chance to walk away from this. I have set in motion your destruction. I meant what I said, I want the gift I gave you back. And if I need to exterminate Skuld to do it while leaving your body a shell of itself in the process? So be it. You are too weak to make any reason decisions. Skuld is calling the shots. I will eliminate her from your essence; by force. And you too will acknowledge me as The Man. But I won’t stop there. You will acknowledge me as your GOD.

"Evolution" by Korn plays as Melanie and Pierce “Nero” Manning leave the ring. The crowd is still in shock about the reveal the newest man to take on the Nero mantle.

Backstage

Samuel Price can be standing by.

Price: “Thank you, guys… I am standing backstage here hoping to get word from Chantelle Chambers following what can only be described as a volatile appearance on a Japanese game show. Let’s see what happened…”

Footage begins to run…

~~~

Chantelle Chambers can be seen clad in her usual, form-complementing clothing. She pushes her hair back behind her head when the host of this show, Yoshiro Takeuie, stands beside her, a Bob Barker-esque thin microphone in his hand.

Takeuie: “Miss Chambers, our esteemed guest from America, what do you wish to do now?”

Chantelle, appearing more annoyed than anything, shoots a glare at him.

Chambers: “What do you think? I came to win…”

Takeuie: “And win you may… the prize today…”

Chambers: “Look, I don’t care what the prize is. I’m a winner, okay? A natural-born, God-ordained W-I-N-N-E-R! Just tell me what I need to do.”

Yoshiro steps forward.

Takeuie: “I’m glad you asked! To win, you must defeat the feared Conquerer!”

Chambers: “… Seriously? “The Conquerer”? That sounds like a bad 80’s stereotype.”

Takeuie: “The Conquerer is the most feared and revered obstacle course in Japan! Shaolin Monks created it to test the will of those wishing to follow in their footsteps following excommunication, and we constructed an exact duplicate, designed to test the faith of those who take it.”

Chantelle chuckles.

Chambers: “Faith? What kind of “faith” are we talking?”

Takeuie: “The faith that will allow you to scale twenty feet in the air directly vertical without harness, followed by running across a rackety bridge over fire, followed by the leap of faith – falling twenty feet from your platform to the ground below. If you believe, you will land cushioned by the dung heap below…”

Chantelle tries to suppress some vomit.

Takeuie: “If you do not… then you are deemed unworthy and must repeat the process.”

Chambers: “Back up here… dung heap?”

Takeuie: “It is the softest material available.”

Chambers: “Yeah, because you barbarians aren’t smart enough to know that mattresses exist!”

Takeuie: “Ahh, but esteemed American friend…”

Chambers: “No! I am NOT your friend!”

Takeuie: “Esteemed American guest… this is the contract you signed. You agreed to that.”

Yoshiro pulls out a contract and points to a tiny portion on the bottom, below her signature.

Chambers: “That wasn’t there before!”

Takeuie: “Terms subject to change.”

Chambers: “And that’s Japanese! No one can read that anyway… if you want your contracts to mean anything, they should be written in American.”

Takeuie: “English?”

Chambers: “No no… AM-ER-I-CAN!”

Yoshiro gives a knowing look to the camera before turning back to Chantelle.

Takeuie: “Apologies, American guest… we can nullify this contract immediately, or we can absolve you, and give you your rightful reward, for a simple task.”

Chambers: “What “task”?”

Yoshiro steps back…

Takeuie: “GERONIMOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Green slime-like sludge falls from above, crashing onto Chantelle as campy Japanese music plays. Chantelle looks around, humiliated, as the crowd roars in approval. She lashes out at the camera in front of her.

Chambers: “GET THAT THING OUT OF MY FACE!”

She strikes the camera, and it falls to the ground with a loud crash.

~~~

The scene cuts back to the arena, where Samuel Price is trying to suppress a laugh of his own. Chantelle stands beside him, still livid.

Price: “Chantelle, any comment on what we just saw?”

Chambers: “No, Sam… these people took advantage of me, and all of you LAUGHED. You know why? Because I’ve built myself up so high that you want moments like that… you NEED moments like that… to make you feel better about your own wretched lives! You want to see me busted down to size, and you know what? You don’t get what you want! You want to break me? I’m not going to break!”

Price: “Come on, Chantelle… that was pretty funny.”

Chantelle turns her head to face Price, a vein about to burst.

Chambers: “Funny? You think that is FUNNY? What else… do you think Queen Mamba’s TRIPE assuming she’s on MY level is funny? You know what I think is funny? I think it’s funny that you people are building her hopes up. I think it’s funny that you are letting her assume she can actually beat me. I think it’s funny that you are letting her think these things only to watch her crumble WHEN I prove them all WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Because when we face each other one on one, and we will, I will not only beat her, I will shatter her confidence. I will tarnish her name. I will prove to the world that this CHILD is NOT IN MY LEAGUE! And then… we strike.”

Price: “You say “we”. Are we to assume that your association with Cody Lindberg-Knight and Christy Hightower is still going strong?”

She smirks.

Chambers: “What you saw last week was indicative of that fact. We are still going strong. And we are taking over Shotgun piece by piece until, at the end, it will be indisputable: All Eyes On US!”

Chantelle exits the scene. Price suppresses another chuckle at the footage viewed earlier, but Chantelle hollers from off-camera.

Chambers: “I HEARD THAT!”

The scene fades…

Strange Bed Fellows
Dominic Baine/Travis Vessey vs Alice(?) & Joey Michaels

[Dominic Baine and Travis Vessey definitely had a challenge ahead of them not just in their opponents, but in the fact that they had to work together. Alice and Joey on the other hand, were definitely well-oiled machines! The two did a great job isolating Travis in the early going, while Dominic just sat back and watched. Joey would drop Travis with a swinging neckbreaker from the second rope, and when he went for the pinfall, Baine just watched, but Travis kicked out. However, when later on, Travis got a pinfall attempt on Alice after a scoop slam, Dominic went in there to break up the pin himself, letting him know he wasn’t going to be a team player. When Dominic got into the match against Alice, Travis didn’t forget that Baine did that, so when Baine went for a powerslam, he dragged Alice off of Baine’s shoulders. An argument led to Vessey shoving Baine into a small package by Alice, that Vessey watched Baine kick out of. Baine would eventually get a cover on Michaels when he got back in, after he gave him that powerslam he wanted to give Alice. Michaels would kick out. In the late stages of the match, Vessey was on trouble as Michaels and Alice double teamed him and eventually nailed a double flapjack. Joey was about to hit a superkick, but Travis ducked it and stumbled back toward his corner, where Dominic blind tagged himself in. He then speared Joey to the ground. Dominic then lifted up Joey and gave him the Jarring Halt. Wasting no further time, Dominic pulled Joey to the center of the ring and connected with the International treaty. Alice tried to break up the pin, but Travis came out of nowhere with a shoulder block to intercept her and Dominic got the three count.]

WINNERS: Dominic Baine & Travis Vessey

[Travis would join Dominic in the center of the ring as he stood up and the referee raised both of their hands in celebration. Vessey walked away toward a corner to catch his breath, but Baine blindsided him from behind. The fans booed this as Baine stomped Vessey into the corner. Baine went for a double stomp on the seated Vessey, but Vessey moved and Baine missed. Vessey recovered and then pressed Baine into the corner, punching the hell out of him and obviously, this evolved into a brawl! Security had to come in to separate them, some of the fans cheering the chaos that they were witnessing between two arch enemies as they were escorted to the back in opposite directions.]

Nate Lawson can be seen backstage shadow-boxing prior to his Television Championship defense against Kordy Price. Kacy Oliver, clearly manning (or wo-manning, as the case may be) the camera, speaks…

Oliver: “Are you ready?”

Nate glances over at the camera, smirking a bit.

Lawson: “I was born ready.”

Oliver: “This match may not be paint-by-numbers. Kordy Price is a strange one to say the least.”

Lawson nods.

Lawson: “True… plus, this is something of a homecoming for her. This is where Kordy made her name. This is where she earned her reputation. This is what she embraces.”

Oliver: “And you’re still ready?”

Lawson: “I put in too much work… too many hours in the gym, in the ring… to lose this in Japan to Kordy Price. Kordy may be erratic. She may be unpredictable. But she is not methodical. She does not have the MIND that I do. And in the end…”

He points to his head.

Lawson: “That’s the difference-maker.”

The scene shifts…

"Hells Bells" starts playing, and Jason Redfield makes his way out from the back. The crowd lets Redfield have it, hurling abuse down at him. Jason doesn't seem to care too much, however... though he does make it a point to flip them the double bird. As he enters the ring, he demands a mic, and swipes it from the ring announcers hand.

Jason: Okay, shitheads, keep your voices down, because I got some business to take care of. Katherine Prescott! Get your ass out here right now!

The crowd boos quickly turn to cheers, as "Siren", by Kat Krazy ft. Elkka (Armin Van Buurren Remix) starts to play over the speakers. Katherine walk out, staring a hole at Jason Redfield. She slaps hands with the fans, but her focus is clearly on the man in the ring. Once inside, she asks for a mic of her own.

Katherine: I'm here... what do you want, Jason?

Jason: What do I want? Same thing I always want... you gone from GCW, and more importantly, my life. It seems to me that, the two of us? We just can co-exist in this promotion any longer. Even if we were on separate brands, I'd still want to rip your head from your shoulders. That's why... I have a solution.

Katherine: For once, we agree.... so, what's your 'solution'?

Jason: In a few months, GCW is holding it's big pay-per view, Resurrection. Card's starting to take shape... so I was thinking, why don't we make it even bigger? One final time, you and me... but not just just in any match. No, our issues require that we 'up the stakes'.

Katherines interest is piqued.

Katherine: You say you want to 'up the stakes'... so what exactly is your definition of that?

Jason: Simple. Like I said: The two of us? We can't co-exist. So, the best way to settle all this is tto put everything on the line. *Jason jerks his thumb towards himself* Career...

Jason points at Katherine.

Jason: ... Versus Career.

The crowd mutters to itself, the implications of the match getting everyone talking. Katherine, for her part, looks pensive. She's quiet, for several long moments...

Jason: Well? You gonna accept or not? I mean, if you're afraid, I can understand...

Katherine: ... Just to make sure I heard you right... you want us both to put our careers on the line in one last match?

Jason: That's right.

Katherine: You know, I thought that Civil War might've been the end of our issues. I admit it, I was being an idiot. When you attacked me two week ago, I finally realized you wouldn't stop... unless I made you stop. I've never been much of a gambler, but if it will end this once and for all, I will put EVERYTHING on the line to finish this! You want an answer? My answer is simple... Hell yes, I accept!

Jason smirks.

Jason: Good, very good... but before Resurrection, why don't we have a little fun first?

Katherine: *Raises eyebrow* Fun?

Jason: Yeah. See, I'm not so sure you're ready for a match of this magnitude... so I'm thinking, why not give you a series of 'tests', just to help you prepare, of course.

Katherine: Uh-Huh. Fine, whatever... I can handle anything you dish out.

Jason: I wouldn't be so confident. This challenge, or as I like to call it: 'The Ghosts of GCWs Past' Trial... it's going to test your endurance, your resolve, you're very being... like it's never been tested before. Starting next week... the games begin. Hope you're ready.

Jason drops the mic and exits the ring. Katherine watches him go, as 'Hells Bells' plays over the sound system.

(We cut backstage where we see Angelica Jones and her sister and tag team partner Kayla Jones standing by at the ready area.)

Kayla: It seems like just yesterday that I won ring one and ultimately placed third in the GCW Civil War Match, thus earning The Sisterhood at a shot at the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championships at Resurrection. It will be a chance for The Sisterhood to do what we do best; make history.

Angelica: And we’re already breathing down the necks of at least one of our opponents, we’re already making them sweat having to face us, because two weeks ago it was the Ginger Nation who attacked us in a gang assault on Shotgun.

(Angelica smirks.)

Angel: Well that’s fine, because you just gave us even more motivation to whip your asses at Resurrection.

Kayla: As for Matty Graves and Darian Andrews, you ended the reign of Sedona Sky to become World Tag Team Champions and you proved it wasn’t a fluke by beating them again in a two out of three falls match. But at Resurrection, the game is going to be stepped up to a whole new level. You have Ginger Nation to deal with but more importantly you have to deal with The Sisterhood.

Angel: That’s right, boys, and we’re looking to make history.

Kayla: And we’re looking to kick your teeth right down your throat!

TV Championship Match
Kordy Price vs Nate Lawson [champion]

[Kordy had a home country advantage, being back in Japan. However, the Television Champion didn’t seem to care much about that, as all he was focused on was getting the job done. That’s precisely what he would do. Kordy, to her credit, came at Nate in the early going with some unorthodox offense and was in control of the proceedings as a result. Tactics like biting her way out of a crossface by Lawson, and moves like a bridging chinlock were unlike anything Nate had faced in his title reign. However, Kordy tried to end things early with a buzzsaw kick and Nate ducked it. It was all Nate Lawson from there as he gave Kordy a shoulder block once Kordy came back around from the missed kick. Nate’s arsenal was on full display as he tactically broke down Kordy. Double underhook suplex. Running lariat. Fujiwara armbar. Spinning reverse powerbomb! Nate had it all! Nate would then hit Kordy with a cradle suplex. After that, he tried the Ultimate Spinebuster, but Kordy caught him in a sleeper and bit him in the neck. Kordy tried to come back with a clothesline, but Nate countered with a hip toss that he held onto…and then… ELITE GOGOPLATA! Nate caught the challenger right in the middle of the ring and Kordy tap, tap, tapped on her way to defeat in her own home country.]

WINNER and STILL TV Champion: Nate Lawson

[The fans cheered this as Nate wasted no time getting up and celebrating yet another successful championship defense that he managed to put together. The fans were ecstatic about this as the referee handed him the championship that he instantly raised over his head. The referee checked on Kordy as the fans continued to cheer Lawson. The announcers again asked if there was anyone on Shotgun capable of beating Lawson for the TV championship considering that even wrestlers considered higher up the ladder than Kordy were unable to beat him.]

[Shotgun fades in on Karina Lysenko who is loudly booed by the crowd as she walks down the hallway.]

Karina: What a load of mongrel feces! First, I get put in a match against someone from the purgatory and tonight, I don’t even have a match! Allison Mayberry makes Stalin look like Pope Francis! What the…

[Karina pauses as she notices Madame Santos in the middle of a photoshoot. This really causes her to get angry.]

Karina: Are you kidding me?

[Karina walks up to the photoshoot, instantly jumping in the camera’s direction to interrupt it.]

Cameraman: Hey! We’re shooting here!

Karina: HOW? I mean… Madame Santos gets a photo shoot and I don’t???? Do you realize who I am? I am far prettier than this… this…. THING that doesn’t win a match anymore!

[Madame Santos stands up behind her from the chair she was sitting on.]

Madame Santos: I am a person, not a thing…

Karina: Silence, mongrel! I beat your brains in!

[Karina turns around and decks Madame Santos right in the jaw. The camera man approaches her and Karina gives him a low blow right where it really hurts and he falls to the floor. Santos gets up right when Karina picks up the camera and she bashes it right into Santos’s skull. Santos is immediately busted open as the camera breaks.]

Karina: You purgatory piece of shit! I’ll eliminate ALL of you!

[Karina picks up the chair that Santos was sitting on for the shoot and dents it across the skull of Santos as she gets up. Santos crumples to the floor and Karina kneels down next to her, pulling out an iPhone and clutching Santos in a sleeper hold.]

Karina: Time for a real photoshoot!

[Karina flashes three different smiles as she takes some selfies of herself showing off Madame Santos as a trophy, essentially. She then puts down the phone, grabs Santos’s head and tosses her aside, getting up with her phone and having a scowl on her face.]

Karina: One more mongrel from the purgatory put down!

[Karina laughs and leaves, satisfied with what she did to another one of her former “purgatory brethren” as she would eloquently put it as the scene fades.]

Backstage, Hannah Myers can be seen walking down a hall, her gym bag slung over her shoulder. She turns a corner and finds herself face-to-face with her opponent tonight, Adrian Waters. Adrian's eyes widen before he gives Hannah a huge grin.

Adrian: "Well, well, well. I have to admit, I didn't think you would even show tonight."

Hannah sighs and rolls her eyes.

Hannah: "Why wouldn't I?"

Adrian: "Everybody knows you can't buy yourself a win or blow yourself one, either."

Waters snickers at his little dig. Hannah goes to go past him, but Adrian blocks her way, earning another sigh from Myers.

Adrian: "Believe me, Hannah, it's not going to get any better for you. I'm not just talking about tonight, either...although, you aren't going to turn things around at my expense. I'm talking about your wrestling career. It's cute you want to follow in big brother's footsteps. He may be impossible for me to personally stomach, but I have to give credit where it's due. He can wrestle. You. on the other hand...not so much."

Hannah: "You are such an asshole. Just let me go and we'll see if Mr. Genius is right when we get to the ring."

Adrian chuckles again, angering Hannah even more than she is already.

Adrian: "Oh, I'm right. You should go back to L.A., let dirty old men take pictures of your tits. They aren't going to be perky forever, you know. Face it, your rack is all you have going for you. Let me ask you something...is your meathead boyfriend around tonight to bail you out when you inevitably fall to the better wrestler?"

At this inquiry, Myers actually smirks a little.

Hannah: "Hmmm...I'm not sure. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. I guess we'll have to wait and see."

Adrian's condesending smile falters slightly, encouraging Hannah to taunt him a little more.

Hannah: "What's the matter Adrian? Afraid of the Boogie Man, big bad Brookford? You never know when he may want to pay you a visit. Just saying. Or maybe Axl Austin is your Boogie Man. Damn, Adrian, you sure do have a lot of people who want to get their hands on you. Must suck to be you."

Hannah giggles, and with Adrian's faltering, Hannah takes the opportunityh to push past him and continue down the hall. Adrian clenches his fists and turns to shout something at her, but seems to change his mind. He closes his mouth, shakes his head, and walks off in the opposite direction than Hannah.

Non Title Match.
GingerNation (Destiny Skye & Marie Jones) vs Richard Dix & Crystal Swift

[Richard Dix and Crystal Swift dealt with possibly the two more reluctant Ginger Nation members in Destiny and Marie. Well, as one would expect, Destiny and Marie pretty much were in control over the entire match as their typical antics from their opponents didn’t do much on them. Crystal did try kissing Marie, but Marie shoved her away. Dix slid out of a suplex attempt by Destiny and landed behind her, proceeding to smack her in the ass and piss her off. Aside from that, it was all Ginger Nation. Fellow member Karina Lysenko, who had her fun with the El Perros earlier in the night, came down to ringside to watch and Destiny was unhappy, considering the disdain the two had for each other. Destiny jawed at her and Crystal spun her around and planted a kiss on her to further piss her off. This angry rally resulted in Marie dropping Dix with the Ave Maria. Destiny dropped Crystal with the “Destiny” cutter move. Destiny went to the top rope to measure Crystal for the Skye High. Karina then jumped on the apron and tagged herself in, taking advantage of the freebird tag rule. Crystal got up and Destiny connected with the Skye High, unaware of Karina’s tag. Karina then ran into the ring, shoved Destiny off of Crystal and took the pin for herself as the referee counted three.]

WINNERS: Ginger Nation

[Marie was confused about the whole thing as Karina got up from the pin. Destiny didn’t like this and she asked the referee about it and he explained that Karina had tagged herself in. Karina got Rich Dix up before she dropped him with the Ravishing Red Drop and leaving the ring, satisfied that she got two more “mongrels” in Dix and Swift out of the way. Destiny meanwhile, was furious at the Freebird rule rearing its ugly head again and Marie tried calming her down. The announcers condemned Ginger Nation’s lack of regard for Destiny and her feelings about the Freebird rule and mentioned that Destiny likely didn’t want to win that way. It didn’t matter to the rest of Ginger Nation though, all they wanted was the win.]

Allison Mayberrys day has gotten worse.

Why? Probably because of the irritating annoyance standing in front of the door to her office. The same annoyance whose been pestering her for a World Title shot for weeks now. That's right... Alexander Midas. Once again, he's demanding a title shot... and once again, Mayberry is wishing he were a Livewire problem. Francis Taylor would probably just ship him back to Shotgun.

Allison: Midas, I thought I've made it clear to you... No. Title. Shot.

Midas: And I've thought I made it clear to YOU... I won't stop until I get what I want. I am your most valuable commodity, Mayberry, you need to start treating me like it and give me my rightful title shot!

Allison: *Mutters* Lord give me strength. *Out loud* The only thing I will give you is a fine...

Midas: Big deal.

Allison: A suspension...

Midas: Free vacation.

Allison: And I'll make sure you never get a World Title shot ever again as long as your on MY brand!

Midas: So... wait, what? You can't do that!

Allison: Can't I? If you keep irritating me, I most certainly will

Midas: I swear to God, Mayberry, if you even think about doing that, I will burn this entire brand down to the ground... Hell, I'll do it to the entire promotion!

Allison: Is that a threat?

Midas: It's a promise. I'm not one to play games with... you know my history.

Allison: Let me make myself perfectly clear once more... I will not bend to your whims, now or ever! Now get out of my way!

Mayberry shoves past him and slams the door in Midas's face.

Midas: *Mutters* Bitch.

Voice: That went well.

Midas turns to the voice, rolling his eyes as Mike Michaels stands there with a smirk on his face.

Midas: What do you want, Michaels? Shouldn't you be fetching Baines coffee or something?

Michaels: No need for hostility, Midas... whether you believe it or not, we're on the same side. Or, we should be... you, Dom and me. The most powerful trio in GCW, think about it!

Midas: I have thought about it... not interested.

Michaels: Yeah? You want to continue to get screwed over by management? You need someone whose been in charge on your side... someone like me! WOOOOOO!!!

Mike starts shadow-boxing on the spot.

Midas: Stop that! You look like a moron! Besides, you and Baine need to worry more about Travis Vessey! Or have you forgotten those two have to team up tonight? Who says Vessey won't try and pull something?

Michaels: Doms got this, baby! With Ol' Simba in his corner, nothing can go wrong!

Midas: Whatever. I'm outta here.

Midas walks away, and Mike calls after him.

Michaels: Just think about it, Midas!

Mike starts shadow-boxing once again... just because.

[Samuel Price stands backstage with an usually animated Queen Mamba along his side. The crowd cheers. Mamba is sporting a black hoodie and black camo pants and she paces back and forth as Price glares at her and then the camera.]

Price: Samuel Price here with my guest Queen Mamba. Now Mamba, two weeks ago, you and Geneva Bell squared of against Chantelle Chambers and Cody Lindberg-Knight, a match in which you two were unsuccessful. However-

[Mamba suddenly grabs the microphone from Price.]

Mamba: Stop right there. Before you keep going. Yeah, two weeks ago, me and Geneva lost. Yeah, two weeks ago, Geneva and I didn't get the win. But guess what? No matter what Chantelle believes or no matter what any of her friends think, we didn't cry. Our feelings weren't hurt. We didn't curl up in a ball like they want us to. No, that's not what happened. What happened is Geneva and I got up and we walked to the back on our own two feet. Because regardless of what people think about us, we're not these prissy, naive girls that's here to smile and be quiet and be objectified and be these girl next doors types.

[Mamba pauses.]

Mamba: That's not who I am. That's not who Geneva is. We don't have much in common. Her idea of a good time is being behind the camera and I just spend my nights staring down a glass of whiskey when my sister is sleep. But the one thing we do have is that we aren't here to take anyone's shit because we have to or because we're young and we're told to be quiet and let people shit on us. We don't have any of that. We fight. We lose. But we fight. And we'll keep fighting. We'll keep fighting and one day people like Chantelle Chambers will understand the reason they feel threatened about their top spots is because they know they can't hold me or Geneva down.

[Mamba stares at the camera,]

Mamba: And Chantelle, you want to keep telling me that I mean nothing. That I'm the gum on the bottom of your shoe. You keep ducking me. You tell me I'm not worth your time. And every time I hear you shit on me. Every time I hear you tell me that I'm worthless, I think of my father. My father who didn't give a shit about me or my sister. My father, who thought coming home and downing a six pack was more important than his daughters wanting to spend time with him. He thought being passed out on the floor, watching my mom shoot up to be more important than asking how is his daughters are doing in school? And you know why he did that? He did that because he thought we weren't shit!

[Mamba fires at the camera and starts to pace. Price looks on, a bit caught off guard by Mamba's explosion.]

Mamba: He didn't care because he didn't think we mattered. We didn't think we would amount to anything. We might as well have been mistakes. Chantelle, my father is exactly like you. You think it's all about you an what you want. You think everyone else are just fucking planets that revolve around you. You hang out with assholes and weak minded people who are going to kiss your ass and tell you that the ground you stand on is holy. And I know about what you've done. I know you're the longest Global Champion in history. I know all these things. But here's the thing...here's the thing,, you know and I know that even with that, right now, you're afraid.

[Mamba eyes the camera, her facial expression showing anger.]

Mamba: You're afraid of losing your spot, your status. All those interviews and those pressers. All those magazine covers and calendars that your face is on. You worry so much about what people think about you that it scares you to death that anyone who think of you as less. You piggyback on Cody Lindberg and Christy Higbtower because you can't admit that you feel threatened. You won't admit that you have this thought in the back of your mind that you're not the center of the universe. That all those people you associate yourself with you will stop kissing your ass and tickling your ear and telling you that you're the greatest human being to ever live. Well you know what I think?

[Mamba steps into the camera.]

Mamba: I think you can't admit that at Civil War, I'm the one that eliminated you. Not Harker, not Travis Vessey, me. Queen Mamba eliminated you. Nadia Allen eliminated you. Say it......say it Chantelle...Say it!

[Mamba peers into the camera.]

Mamba: I'm not saving my breath because you won't. You won't admit it. You won't admit that one day we'll be in the ring where you can't run, you can't hide, you can't talk anymore shit and when that time comes, I'm going to beat you. You were so hurt that you screwed me out of Civil war. From that moment on, this became personal. And just like my father Chanetlle, I will prove to you and anyone else that think I am worthless, that I amount to nothing, that I will be nothing, wrong! Because like my sister, she's going to make it. Geneva is going to make it. And I'm going to make it. Chantelle, I'm going to be someone everyone looks at and realizes one thing....that I'm not the one to be fucked with. You beat me and Geneva two weeks ago but this isn't the end. I'm coming for you. And one way or the other, I'm going to show you what happens when you fuck with me.

[Mamba slams the mic down and walks away, leaving Price to pick up the mic.]

Laurel Ann Hardy vs #GingerEnigma

[The fans were extremely anticipatory of Laurel’s return to not just a GCW ring, but the country of Japan. Julia the Enigma came right out of the gate, catching Laurel a bit off guard at the start and displaying the speed she had in her arsenal. She managed to pull a tilt-o-whirl headscissors, a hurricanrana and even a springboard lariat on Laurel. She’d get the cover on her, but Laurel would kick out at two. Enigma would go for a moonsault and Laurel made the block. It was essentially Laurel from that point on, though Enigma certainly scrapped her way through at points. Laurel tactically broke her down, starting with a series of capoeira kicks, continuing with moves like a dragon suplex and culminating with a no hands somersault plancha that truly wowed the crowd. A pin attempt was made, but Enigma kicked out. Laurel went for a frog splash, but Enigma moved out of the way. Enigma got up and dragged Laurel back up. Enigma made one final stand with an STO, but Laurel kicked out of the pinfall. Another moonsault attempt. Blocked again. This enabled Laurel to take advantage and apply the “Doors of Deception”. Once the move was applied, the Enigma was in some serious pain as she clearly had no way of escaping. The referee, noting Enigma’s arms were tied up, asked her if she was going to give up and Enigma screamed and reluctantly said yes as the referee called for the bell.]

WINNER by submission: Laurel Anne Hardy

[Laurel got up and the fans exploded with cheers as she began to revel in the win she just got. However, Laurel didn’t get to celebrate for long. As soon as she turned toward the stage, she noticed #GingerAllison standing there. Laurel challenged her Resurrection opponent to walk down to the ring and fight her at that moment. Allison would indeed make her way down the ramp and stopped on the bottom, the fans eating this up. However, Allison turned around and walked back up the ramp, drawing boos from the fans! The announcers admonished Allison for her cowardice, while also questioning why Ginger Nation didn’t attempt to help Enigma whatsoever during the match.]

Isabella Harker can be seen standing backstage…

Harker: “Look… I get where Alexander Midas is coming from. He wants to get himself into the main event at Resurrection and is willing to do whatever it takes to do it. Two weeks ago, he made that VERY evident when he blindsided me in the ring following my victory over Julia Braddock. I get it…”

She tilts her head a bit, shrugging.

Harker: “But I don’t think HE does. If he understood the magnitude of this, he wouldn’t be going onto Twitter and proclaiming that I’m not in his league. He wouldn’t be so fast and loose with his words if he really understood. He would know that a fire has been lit inside of me and it is NOT going to be quelled. He would know that he put himself in a very bad position for someone who wants to main event Resurrection.”

Harker smirks.

Harker: “Midas… I know you think I’m not on your level. I know that on the surface, you believe yourself when you say that. But I also know the truth: that you’re not going to go out there and back up that flagrant lie with anything. You attacked me two weeks ago. You tried to injure me so you could replace me. Now, I’m going to return the favour. I’m going to leave no doubt as to why I’m the one in the main event of Resurrection… Not YOU! Learn to accept it.”

With that, Harker exits the scene, heading towards the ring. The scene shifts…

[Shotgun fades to the locker room where GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas is mentally preparing for her main event match later in the night. The world championship is lying next to her as she’s really thinking about what’s coming up. The door knocks, which doesn’t unnerve her in the slightest.]

Victoria: Come in.

[The door opens and a member of GCW security walks in. Victoria stands up and grabs the championship, staying as poised as she can be.]

Security: Hey, Victoria. Someone’s here to see you.

Victoria: It’s not a certain ex-mentor of mine is it?

Security: Thankfully, no. Allison banned her from Shotgun, remember?

Victoria: Good, because the sight of her makes me sick nowadays. Thanks.

[The security guard nods and leaves. Victoria then walks out of the locker room and she finds herself surprised when she finds herself looking at Tina Valentine, who draws a surprised reaction from the fans.]

Victoria: Tina?

[The now-blonde former GCW wrestler smiles at her, a far departure from the blood feud that they had before on Shotgun.]

Tina: Vicky. Hey.

Victoria: What brings you here?

Tina: I had to see it for myself.

Victoria: See what for yourself?

[Tina darts her eyes toward the world title over Victoria’s shoulder. Victoria chuckles upon realizing what she’s talking about.]

Victoria: Oh. Right.

Tina: I’m happy for you, I really mean that. And to think, there was a time when I not only tried to stop you from making this possible, but I also said that it would never happen.

Victoria: You know what they say, Tina. Time heals all wounds. You and I are good, you know that.

Tina: Right, but you also know that the way I treated you in the past is one of the biggest regrets not just of my career, but my life. Enough about me though, this is about you,.Ginger Nation… they did so much worse to you than I did. They humiliated you. They drove you to rock bottom. You lost your dignity for a while because of them. And as someone who has been there, rock bottom because of the cruel actions of another person, I wanted to wish you more than the best. You’ve come such a long way. If you really think about it, tonight’s match is fitting. You’re on your road to Resurrection, you want to get there as the world champion, but did you really think you were going to get there without conquering your “ginger demons” first? You may have beaten the Enigma after the fact but… you never really got your retribution against Ginger Nation.

[Victoria sighs, obviously knowing that to be true.]

Victoria: Right, and Enigma is definitely not on the level of Allison. Hell, you’re right on everything you just said. If I want to get to the main event of Resurrection, if I want to WIN at the main event of Resurrection, I’ve got to go through a couple of demons I’ve yet to conquer and Ginger Nation happens to be one of them. I haven’t forgotten Deadly Dreams. I didn’t have the strength then that I do now. Allison’s going to see it for the first time tonight and she’s not getting another one over on me, I’ll tell you that much. Thanks for reminding me of this, Tina. It gives me a bit of an extra gear, knowing I’ve got some dignity to avenge.

Tina: And you not only will avenge that, not only will you get to Resurrection’s main event, you will WIN on top of that. Isabella’s going to be on another level, you know that. But I know that I’m looking at one of the best damn wrestlers I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. Word of psychological advice though, Vicky: don’t let the momentum and the hype behind Isabella get to you.

Victoria: Strong advice.

Tina: You know she’s got it right now. She’s on fire. But right now, you got some “ginger demons” to “slay” if you catch my drift…

[Tina winks and heads down the hallway, drawing a small chuckle out of Victoria.]

Victoria: Thanks, Tina.

[Victoria takes a confident breath of fresh air, before continuing to focus on the main event later on.]

Grudge Match
Alexander Midas vs Isabella Harker

[With the history that the two of them have, the fans really got a treat with the way this one turned out. It was evenly matched at the start of the proceedings, with each one of them having something to prove. Midas wanted to prove exactly why he deserved to be in the main event of Resurrection and Isabella wanted to prove why she earned her place in the main event. There was no clear advantage, until Isabella tried to bring up Midas from the mat after a sleeper hold. Midas raked the eyes and would take command from there. Strong as Isabella might be in her own right, Midas overpowered her for the next few minutes. Midas knocked her down with a fisherman’s suplex, made life miserable for her with a cobra clutch and floored her quite hard with a running powerslam. Midas would make the cover after the latter, but Isabella kicked out. Isabella would fight back. She kept wearing him down with variations of kneebars to keep him grounded, outsmarted him quite impressively with a springboard senton right into a pin, though Midas kicked out of that, and took it right to him with a leaping forearm from the top rope right into the jaw. Another pin was made, but Midas kicked out of that tll. As things progressed toward the late stages, the match still looked like it could go either way. Isabella managed to connect with the Unseen Knee/Back to Dust combination. Cover, no Midas kicked out again! Isabella tried locking in the Beastly Bindings, but Midas powered out before she got the hold locked in. Midas would get some pinfall attempts of his own after he connected with a running cutter and a facebuster, but Isabella kicked out both times. Midas then got her up and then dropped her with a double underhook facebuster! Midas confidently covered, but Isabella managed to kick out! Midas got frustrated and left the ring, grabbing the X-Division Championship. He slid back in and the referee grabbed the title, trying to snatch it away from him. Isabella slowly got up. A small tug of war ensued before Midas pried the title away. However, the reflex got the title swinging right into the face of Harker! The referee then called for the bell to DQ him.]

WINNER (by DQ): Isabella Harker

[Midas was irate at this and immediately low blowed the referee. He wasn’t done there as he left the ring to grab a steel chair. He would wrap it around the left knee of Isabella Harker and then delivered three vicious stomps to the chair, hurting the knee quite a bit. The fans were booing Midas’s actions as he unwrapped the chair and pulled Isabella toward the title. Midas had the Golden Rule into the gold in mind before Victoria Salinas ran down to the ring and clubbed Midas in the back of the head. The fans cheered this as Victoria started to stomp Midas as he got near the ropes. Midas eventually rolled out of the ring and started to back up the ramp with a sick smirk on his face. Victoria wasn’t too happy with what he did as she checked on Isabella to make sure she was alright. The announcers really didn’t like the way Midas was showing his increased desperation on getting a world title shot.]

Roderick Osborn: "In just a few minutes, we will be witnessing a match several months in the making when Hannah Myers goes up against one of the people responsible for injuring her..."

Osborn is cut off abruptly by Adrian Waters, who enters the scene with a scowl on his face. Waters is is in a worse mood than usual, after his encounter with Hannah in the arena hallway earlier in the night.

Adrian: "Blah, blah, blah. Everyone knows the story of poor walking STD Hannah Myers. Let's all cry for Hannah, right? Wrong! No one gives a fuck about The big-mouth rebel's slutty little sister."

Roderick: "Well, I have to disagree with you there. Vetern manager and promoter Pete Floyd has shown interest in managing her. Of course, there's also Brookford, who is no doubt around backstage again tonight."

Adrian rolls his eyes.

Adrian: "You really think a manager can save Hannah's pathetic career? She's a jobber at best, and I'll prove it tonight. As for Nate Brookford...yeah, he got the jump on me two weeks ago...I hope Axl thanked Nate for saving his scrawny ass...but anyway, Nate is big and bad when he attacks someone from behind. Excuse me if I'm not shaking in my boots, Osborn."

Roderick gives Adrian a perplexed look, which Adrian notices.

Adrian: "WHAT?!"

Roderick: "Isn't attacking people from behind your trademark?"

Adrian: "First of all, there is a big difference. Nate claims to be the big bad wolf...the 'problem solver'. I never made such a claim. My claim is being the smartest wrestler in the game. Everything I do is well thought out and calculated. If I'm attacking someone like Skateboy from behind, it's a strategic move. When Nate does it...it's because it's the only way he can get the upperhand. Secondly, your job is to interview the talent. You are a trained monkey with a microphone. You keep your damn mouth shut the next time you interview me. Now, this interview is over."

Waters turns his back on Roderick and walks off. Osborn is undetered, however.

Roderick: "Can I ask you about Clarissa Vega?"

Adrian (off camera): "NO!"

Osborn looks back at the camera and shrugs.

Roderick: "I had to try."

(We cut backstage where we find GCW Hall of Fame reporter Janice King standing by next to “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock.)

Janice: My guest at this time is none other than “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock…

Julia: Actually, if I may interrupt, while I am The Kensington Knockout, I would also like to be referred to as The British Bombshell…

Janice: Uh, ok, but that’s Glory’s…

Julia: …AND The Best in the World.

Janice: Um…but isn’t that Glory’s too?

(Braddock gets up close to Janice in an attempt to intimidate her.)

Julia: Do you have a problem with that, Janice?

Janice: …no. My guest at this time is none other than “The Kensington Knockout”, The British Bombshell”, “The Best in the World” Julia Braddock.

(Boos are heard in the background as Julia smirks arrogantly, taking it all in.)

Julia: Thank you, Janice. Now that is an introduction worthy of a legendary British professional wrestler such as myself. Truly the best professional wrestler in all of Europe if not the world, and I say that as humbly as possible, but God knows that it is very difficult to be humble when you’re Julia Braddock. I have been GCW Television Champion, World Tag Team Champion, and World Heavyweight Champion. I was the first UWA Hybrid Champion and a former UWA Queen of the Ring Champion. Need I go further with my tremendously long list of accolades and accomplishments?

Janice: Oh we all know who you are, Julia, but the question on everyone’s mind is why did you invade Livewire to cost Glory Braddock, your sister, her match against Aphrodite Noel?

Julia: Why did I attack Glory? Why wouldn’t I attack Glory? For as long as I can remember Glory was number one in our family. She was the favorite child. She was the preferred daughter. No one gave a damn about my wrestling career, not while Glory was globetrotting all over winning world titles. Glory herself didn’t seem to care when Aphrodite took control of me.

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: But that’s fine, because I learned very quickly that what Aphrodite was trying to do was give me a gift. She gifted me with daughterhood. She made me her child. I held my head high, proud to be Julia Alexis Noel. I had shed the Braddock name and finally had an identity separate from Glory. I even tried to give that gift to Glory herself. I made her a Noel. We were daughters of Aphrodite. We were her children and for once I thought Glory and I could stand together, united in a sisterly bond.

(She scowls.)

Julia: Glory ruined that as well! Aphrodite, MY MOTHER, asked that we no longer call her mother, that we no longer take the Noel name, and I blame it all on Glory and her petulant whining about rediscovering herself. She drove Aphrodite to doing what she did. Glory had already stolen the spotlight from me as a Braddock and then when I had everything I had ever wanted as a Noel, Glory went and took that from me as well.

(She smirks.)

Julia: But then it hit me…I remembered that I was the one who took away Glory’s name and birthright from her in the first place. I was the one who took the Braddock name away from her at No Chance in Hell many years ago. The reality of the situation has become quite clear to me and now, it will become oh so clear to Gloria Marie Noel.

Janice: Uh, don’t you mean BRADDOCK?

Julia: I know what I said and I meant what I said.

(She snickers nastily.)

Julia: That’s right, you can claim to be a Braddock again all you like. Wave that flag from the highest rooftops and celebrate with your new friends. The truth is that I took your birthright at No Chance in Hell. I cost you that match many years ago, forcing you to join me as her daughter. And yes, Aphrodite may have allowed us to retake the Braddock name, but I know you Glory, I know that you don’t feel accomplished unless you’ve EARNED something and seeing as I am the one who took that name from you, you know as well as I do that you haven’t earned SHIT until you have beaten me.

Janice: No offense, Julia, but I seriously doubt that this is just about a name to you.

Julia: No, it isn’t just about the Braddock name or the Noel name for me. Glory wants redemption and to get it she has to go through me. But I want something from her as well. I already took her birthright, now I want to take her legacy. I want people to look at me as the greatest wrestler of the Braddock family. And what better place to take her legacy than to defeat her on GCW’s grandest stage, Resurrection? What better place to defeat her than at the event SHE created for the company SHE Resurrected? And that, Janice, is exactly what I will do at Resurrection.

Hannah Myers vs Adrian Waters

[Unlike last Shotgun when Hannah Myers really went into it dejected, this time, she came out of the gates like a house of fire, motivated to silence Adrian after he tried to give her the business earlier in the evening. Adrian seemed surprised that Hannah was this aggressive as she kept beating him into the corner. Hannah was very much in control at this point. She showed much willpower as she connected with a spinning heel kick to the jaw. She covered and Adrian kicked out, but she didn’t let that bother her. She would follow up with a backbreaker and a springboard splash, covering after the latter, but Adrian kicked out. Hannah went for the move again, but Adrian blocked it. Adrian would be in control from there. If he wasn’t breaking down Hannah piece by piece as he was when he had her in a camel clutch and a sleeper hold, he was breaking her down with quite the powerful moves like a sidewalk slam, a running shoulder tackle and a crucifix powerbomb. Adrian would make the cover after the last move, but Hannah found a way to kick out. In the late stages of the match. Adrian was beginning to show frustration that he hadn’t put Hannah away after having dominated the last few minutes. Adrian went for the Super Smart Elbow after he took her down with an overhead powerslam. However, Hannah moved out of the way. Adrian slowly got up and when he did. Hannah speared him to the mat! The fans went nuts. Hannah made the cover, but Adrian kicked out. Hannah went to the top rope and measured Adrian. Adrian got up and she went for a moonsault, but Adrian caught her! Hannah was helpless as Adrian countered with the Use Your Head! The fans fell silent, knowing it was over, and it would be as Adrian got the three count with a big smirk on his face!]

WINNER: Adrian Waters

[The announcers begrudgingly gave Adrian his due, but Adrian wasn’t done yet as he stayed on Hannah and started to pound the crap out of her. The fans immensely booed this as Adrian gave Hannah ANOTHER Use Your Head into the center of the ring. Adrian went outside of the ring and grabbed a steel chair, looking to finish Hannah off. He didn’t know, however, that Brookford was running down the ramp and into the ring! Adrian slid back in the ring and got up with the chair in hand, and then BROOKFORD gave a running big boot to the chair, sending the chair right into Adrian’s face. Adrian fell flat on his back and instinctively rolled out of the ring. He stumbled around ringside and got to the ramp, unaware of what hit him. When Adrian saw Brookford staring back at him with anger as he was attending to Hannah, Adrian couldn’t scurry up the ramp fast enough. Brookford wasn’t going to have it as he left the ring and started chasing Adrian up the ramp. Adrian quickly turned around… right into an Ayatollah of P’Cola by Axl Austin who just stepped through the curtains. Axl turned and headed to the back, and Brookford applied a rearnaked choke on Adrian. This lasted for 30 seconds until security came down to break it up and get Brookford off of him, much to the disappointment of the fans.]

(We cut backstage where we find Janice King, the GCW Hall of Fame reporter, standing by next to the redheaded Gingerweight herself, #GingerAllison Lorraine. Allison has the UWA Gingerweight Championship belt draped over her right shoulder.)

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is the UWA Cruiserweight…

Allison: Gingerweight.

Janice: …right, UWA Gingerweight Champion and…

(Janice quickly does some math on her fingers.)

Janice: …and one sixth of the GCW Global Tag Team Champions, Allison Lorraine.

Allison: One-sixth?

Janice: Well there are six of you and you defend them as one collective unit under the freebird rule.

Allison: You are a smartass, you know that? You, Angelica Jones, and Kayla Jones are a bunch of smartasses. But you saw what the #GingerNation did to them last Shotgun. We left them laying in the center of the ring. Just like we’ll do to them and to Matty Graves and Darian Andrews at Resurrection to become the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions.

Janice: Fair enough, but what about your match tonight against the GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas?

(Allison smirks.)

Allison: It’s a dream match, isn’t it? The GCW World Champion against the UWA Gingerweight Champion. But for Vicky this could be about a lot more than that. It’s about redemption. The #GingerNation beat her down, humiliated her, and dyed her hair red. We are responsible for her #GingerMakeover. I wish this was for the GCW World Championship, but I understand Allison Mayberry wants to protect her precious Resurrection main event. Still, tonight I will make a #GingerImpact on Victoria and GCW by defeating the champion right before her Resurrection main event. It will be yet another humiliation at the hands of the #GingerNation.

Main Event.
#GingerAllison vs Victoria Salinas

[Shotgun’s main event definitely had its fair share of dramatics as Allison looked to establish true Ginger Nation dominance and Victoria looked to get some payback for what Ginger Nation had done to her months before. Evenly matched at the start, it wouldn’t be as the match progressed into the middle stages. Victoria brought down Allison with a running bulldog. She tried to follow up on it by pulling her up to a vertical base, but Allison grabbed her by the hair and gave it a hard yank, causing Victoria to let go of her. Allison would counter with a double knee backbreaker and she’d be in control. Speed was the name of the game for her. Springboard hurricanrana, senton from the top rope, springboard splash… Victoria had to fight to stay in this one having had to kick out of that last move. Allison applying a surfboard stretch didn’t help her cause either. Allison tried to end it with the Ferocious Fate, but Victoria was able to prevent it from happening by shoving her into the corner. She fought back from there with a Northern lights suplex into a pin that Allison had to fight off. Victoria tried to work on the arm with a cross armbreaker as well. Furthermore, Victoria focused on keeping Allison grounded. With moves like a tornado DDT, an enziguri and most impressively, a running springboard reverse backbreaker, she definitely accomplished that. The fans jumped out of their seats at the latter move as Victoria covered, but Allison kicked out. Victoria’s next move was to go for a Busaiku knee kick, but Allison grabbed the referee and threw him in harm’s way causing him to be knocked out by the knee. This spelled trouble after Allison countered and knocked her down with the bicycle kick. Trouble continued when Jenni Anderson, Ginger Enigma and Karina Lysenko made their way to the ring with loud boos. From there, a four on one assault took place and Victoria was no match. Double powerbomb from Jenni and Allison! Moonsault from Enigma! STO from Karina! Karina held down Victoria as Jenni went outside of the ring and searched for something. Allison took some shots at the champion. Jenni returned with a pair of hedge clippers! The fans gasped at this, knowing that they wanted to humiliate Victoria again, this time by chopping off her hair. But, before that could happen, The Sisterhood came down to the ring and Laurel Anne Hardy was not far behind. Jenni put down the clippers and she, Karina and Engima went to fight against them. Allison planted Victoria with a DDT. She saw the brawl, and noting Laurel’s presence, slipped out of the ring to avoid her. Laurel knocked down Enigma with a running big boot. Angelica clotheslined Jenni hard out of the ring! Karina was greeted with the KAYLAN WIND KICK, stumbling right into Angelica who kicked her in the gut and floored her with the Hot Shot! Victoria recovered just in time to try and see Jenni get in the ring. She knocked her down with a Busaiku knee. Jenni rolled out and the cavalry left the ring to keep the other gingers from getting back in. Allison snuck in from behind, turning her around and trying to connect with the Ferocious Fate. However, Victoria would counter, tying up Allison, and brought her down with the GINGER BREAKER! The world champion made the cover, and the referee recovered to see the pinfall. The fans would cheer immensely as he slowly made the three count!]

WINNER: Victoria Salinas

[Victoria was certainly feeling the fatigue a bit as she got to her knees. She looked at the hedge clippers, surprised, knowing what almost happened to her, but all was well again when the referee handed her the world title. Kayla was back in the ring and offered her hand to Victoria. She grabbed it and pulled her up, and the pair were joined not too long afterward by Laurel and Angelica. The four heroines saluted the fans in each corner of the ring, as Ginger Nation retreated up the ramp. The fans cheered Victoria, Kayla, Angelica and Laurel, as they stood tall to end the night.]