I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

Cassidy Haze & Kordy vs Wrestling Purity

[Wrestling Purity was making their return to action after the beatings they each got from Karina Lysenko in the recent past. However, going up against Cassidy Haze and Kordy was unlikely to be a winning formula and it wouldn’t be. Needless to say, the two, who had some pent up aggression themselves after taking some brutal losses in recent weeks, were frustrated and completely angry and they took it all out on Dionisia and Chagev. A wicked superkick to the jaw by Kordy caused Chagev to bleed from the mouth. A spike DDT from the top rope by Cassidy to Dionisia caused Dionisia to be busted open. This was pure torture as Cassidy nailed Chagev with the Haze Effect and Kordy delivered the First Blood to Dionisia. Kordy applied the Hello Kordy to Dionisia right at the same time that Cassidy applied the Nyctophilia to Chagev. Try as they might, both members of Wrestling Purity tap, tap, tapped out at the same time causing quite a surprising win for the pair considering their win-loss record lately!]

WINNERS: Cassidy Haze and Kordy

[Cassidy and Kordy broke their submissions and stood up, getting their hands raised by the referee with sick, borderline bloody smirks on their faces. However, they were jumped from behind by two women in masks that invaded through the crowd. Both of them were brought down by Russian legsweeps. The two women stood above them, removing their masks and revealing themselves to be… LORETTA INGLEWOOD AND SUMMER NEWMAN! The two of them kept this as clean as possible. Cassidy got up. Summer brought her down with the Stock Market Crash! Kordy got up. Loretta dove from the top rope and brought her down with the Purification!!! The two switched targets. Loretta applied the Chasity Belt submission to Cassidy while Summer applied the Million Dollar Dream to Kordy! They kept the hold locked on until security started coming and they broke their holds and quickly escaped through the crowd before they could be caught. The announcers condemned the Livewire wrestlers for doing this, wondering why they attacked Cassidy and Kordy.]

[Shotgun fades into the hallway and Lindsey Carter is shown walking, mostly minding her own business as she walks by a broom closet. However, that broom closet pops open and a mysterious pair of hands grab Lindsey and drag her into the broom closet. The door slams shut and some sounds of a beating taking place are heard as Lindsay Carter yells for help that she’s obviously not going to get. Things go quiet for a minute, before the door pops open and Karina Lysenko comes out with a smirk on her face. She picks up a lead pipe she finds on a crate and takes it inside the broom closet where Lindsay Carter is seen tied up to a chair with some blood on her forehead.]

Karina: You are one of the few of the mongrels I have yet to get my hands on… you do realize that right?

Lindsay: Listen… we can talk about this…

Karina: NO! There is NO talking! You’re next!

[Karina raises the pipe, looking to drive it into her skull, but it appears as if a last second lapse in her head causes her to pull the pipe back.]

Karina: Ugh!

[Frustrated with herself with the moment of hesitation, she raises the pipe again, drawing a desperate gasp from Lindsay. Karina throws the pipe down on the ground in frustration.]

Karina: It’s your lucky day, you realize that? For some reason, I don’t feel any great pleasure beating up someone like you.

Lindsay: So… I can go right?

Karina: Not yet! You’re going to listen to me. You see, I look at you and I see that blood coming down your face and I see a physical representation of what my career used to be before I joined Ginger Nation: helpless, useless, tied up, going nowhere… kind of like your career right? Now I get why I wouldn’t get pleasure with beating up someone like you. Because in reality, mongrels like you, like Chagev and Dionisia, like Cassidy, like Santos… it’s really not your fault that my career was in the purgatory that it was for so long. I took it all out on you because I hated being connected and outcasted with all of you. I realize whose fault it is…

Lindsay: Karen McBride?

Karina: Did I tell you that you can speak?

Lindsay: No…

Karina: Then don’t speak! But you’re right, this IS her fault. I don’t understand how she can save me from the horrible situation in Ukraine, but when I’m in trouble as far as my career goes, she leaves me to suffer while she and her husband are fucking each other and winning tag team titles, while she goes and makes an embarrassment of herself in other companies battling her own “sisters” for control of principle ownership. Yet, I’m the demonized one? I’m the one that’s wrong? Karen forgot I ever existed! Nobody in this business likes her.

Not even her own SISTERS like her since they’ve betrayed her like a million times. It’s like Melanie said, she is nothing but an overpaid, spoiled WHORE who has no compassion for anyone except herself and at Resurrection, I am going to exorcise those demons, destroy Karen McBride, have my validation and with the Ginger Nation, move on to a career of continued prosperity while mongrels like you? Like Karen? Like Chagev? Like Dionisia? You’ll all be what you should have been from the start: behind me and beneath me!

[Karina shoves the chair to the ground, allowing Lindsay to fall to her side.]

Karina: Thanks for listening!

[Karina walks out of the broom closet.]

Lindsay: Hey, aren’t you going to untie me and let me go? Karina? Please?

[Karina is long gone as Lindsay struggles to break free from the chair.]

Lindsay: Anyone?!?!?!

[Lindsay continues to struggle as the scene fades.]

Brittany Kayl stands backstage, microphone in hand…

Kayl: “I’m Brittany Kayl, and I’m standing back here for GCW with my guest at this time, Chantelle Chambers.”

Chantelle steps into the scene, surveying Kayl with a bemused expression.

Chambers: “And what the hell are you doing here?”

Kayl: “Well, I’m…”

Chambers: “No… don’t tell me. You are here performing charity work for GCW because you went and got injured at a house show. Am I right? Is that approximately what happened?”

Kayl: “… I’m here to perform your interview.”

Chambers: “Did Sammy Price get cold feet? Hall of Famer get a sour taste in her mouth? So they had to send in the C-Team? Well… so be it. Tell me, interviewer, what is your question?”

Brittany sighs.

Kayl: “In one week, you will be in a one-on-one contest against Queen Mamba. The war of words has been heated between the two of you lately…”

Chantelle laughs.

Chambers: “Yes… a war of “words” – the only kind of war that Queen Mamba can ever dream of having any hope of keeping ground with me.”

Kayl: “… That war of words will culminate at Resurrection. What are your thoughts?”

Brittany moves the microphone over towards Chantelle, who takes the end of the microphone and raises it up.

Chambers: “When you address me, you hold the microphone where I want it… got it?”

Brittany places a hand on her hip, looking annoyed.

Chambers: “As for Mamba… my thoughts are simple: Good for her. Good for Queen Mamba. She swung for the fences and now finds herself against a BONA FIDE MAIN EVENT TALENT at the biggest show of the year! Let’s face it… this match is NOT for my benefit. This match is not a favour to ME. This match gives Mamba a chance to show that she can hang with the TRULY gifted… the TRULY talented… the TRUE top talent in this company! But the fairy tale for her is a double-edged sword. Yes, she gets the match she wants against me. Yes, she gets to punch WAY above her regular stature. But, in doing so, she exposes herself.”

Chantelle smirks.

Chambers: “Because, for all of the tough talk she has been throwing out there, she is going to expose the fact that in the end, she can NOT get the job done! She wants to defeat me… she wants to outright HUMILIATE me, which a loss to her would accomplish? She can’t! She won’t! You know why?”

Kayl: “Why?”

Chambers: “Because I am BETTER THAN HER! I have always been better than her! I will always be better than her! And after Resurrection… that’s it! Queen Mamba finds her way into my rear view mirror! I am going to return to the very top of GCW and no one… NO ONE… is going to stop me! At Resurrection… I finish this and, when we’re finished, no one will care about Queen Mamba because it will be ALL EYES ON ME!”

Chantelle blows a kiss to the camera before walking off, ensuring to bump Brittany Kayl on her way by. The scene shifts…

[A dragon roars, leading straight into "Flying Light" by Yasuharu Takanashi as white and hot pink lights flash to the beat of the tune. The curtains then part, as the "Pure Heart Warrior" Izumi "Dragon" Sato steps out, donning a short-sleeved white "Dragon Sato" t-shirt over her usual ring gear. But rather than work the crowd from the stage, she instead lifts a microphone to her lips while making her way down the aisle.]

Izumi: No, stop the music; please.

[Yet the music rages on.]

Izumi: I don't deserve all this pop and circumstance. Please, cut the music.

[As you wish, my dear. The music cuts out, and Izumi continues her walk down to the ring - sliding under the bottom rope and instantly rising to her feet in one fluid motion.]

Izumi: Please, forgive my interruption. Truth be told, I don't deserve your attention, or to have my music played as I come out here. Heck, I don't even deserve your forgiveness for interrupting the last Shotgun before GCW's biggest show of the year. You once welcomed me with open arms, and what did I do?

[Izumi shakes her head, uttering her next two words with the utmost regret.]

Izumi: I left. Now I could rattle off excuse after excuse, but there's an old saying that excuses are like... well you know...

[She pauses a beat to hear the crickets chirping in the crowd. Who let those dirty buggers in anyway?]

Izumi: Everybody's got one. My reasons for leaving are irrelevant. I left, and have regretted that decision ever since. I'm deeply sorry for wasting your time, for walking out on newly acquired friends Jazmyn Rain and Queen Mamba, and for forcing the staff to have to rework their bookings thanks to the void my departure created.

[Izumi gets down on her knees and bows low.]

Izumi: I'm sorry. I feel like I've betrayed you, betrayed my friends, betrayed the people who brought me onboard and now give me a second chance. And no amount of apologies will make up for my betrayal, nor will it endear you to place your trust in me again.

[She rises to her feet once more.]

Izumi: But I vow to make up for my betrayal. I do not expect you to trust me ever again, but I vow to give all that I am to GCW from this day forward. Then, hopefully, I'll be able to redeem myself in your eyes.

[Izumi rolls out of the ring and hands her microphone to the ringside attendant before making her way for the backstage area.]

(We cut backstage where find Angelica Jones, one half of The Sisterhood, standing at the ready area.)

Angel: One more week until Resurrection. One more week until the tough talk and the cheap games and tricks o f the Ginger Nation will come to an end and they will have to put up or shut up when they face off against The Sisterhood and the GCW World Tag Team Champions Darian Andrews and Matty Graves. But tonight…

(She chuckles.)

Angel: …tonight I guess we’re in for a little preview, because tonight I step into the ring against Darian Andrews and The Ginger Enigma. Now I don’t have any illusions about this being a fair fight. While Darian and I may respect one another, I know Enigma’s redheaded pals will be lurking around somewhere, ready to strike. So go ahead, give it your best shot, but make it count because tonight is the last chance you get. At Resurrection, we shut you up and at Resurrection, Kayla and I will walk out as the new and first ever Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions, just like I plan on winning this triple threat match here tonight…

(She frowns as she glares intensely into the camera.)

Angel: …regardless of outside interference.

Tyson Kenneth O'Reilly vs Hannah Myers

[Tyson was already in the ring when Hannah made her entrance. Hannah slid into the ring, but before she could get up, Tyson pounced on her and started to beat down on her spine as the referee called for the bell to start the match. Tyson picked Hannah up and floored her with a spinebuster, making a cover, but Hannah kicked out at two. Tyson picked up Hannah and whipped her into the corner. Tyson was going for a corner splash, but Hannah moved out of the way and Tyson crashed into the corner. It would be all Hannah Myers from there. A spinning heel kick brought down Tyson as Hannah was on fire! Hannah kept Tyson from hitting any more offense as she brought him down with moves like a Yakuza kick, a spinning facebuster and a running cutter. The crowd was incredibly behind Hannah as Tyson was clearly gassed from being unable to keep up with her. Hannah didn’t hesitate at all once she knew she had the match in hand. She measured Tyson as he was crawling on the floor. Hannah then ran up to him and nailed him with the Lights Out! The running knee to the head wasn’t the end though. She applied the Unnerved to put a hell of an exclamation point on it. Sure enough, once Tyson regained his senses after the Lights Out, he couldn’t bear the pain of the shoulder claw submission and as a result, he found himself tapping out as the crowd cheered!]

WINNER (by submission): Hannah Myers

[The fans kept cheering as a confident Hannah Myers stood up to get her hand raised by the referee. Tyson wasted no time rolling out of the ring after his defeat as the announcers mentioned that his desperate attempt at early offense wasn’t nearly good enough to beat Hannah Myers, who they praised for being highly confident tonight and being able to pick up a win with near-ease. The broadcast team speculated on how much of a positive effect Tim Floyd was having on Hannah, as they noted that she appears to have come back into the fold being better than before!]

[Chelsea Summers is seen in the locker room just taking in the surroundings, but being far from amused at said surroundings that she finds herself in. Still, the former tag team champion is highly confident going into her match against Brookford, even though she is clearly outmuscled by him for obvious reasons.]

Chelsea: Going… to kick… Brookford’s…. ASS!!!!

[Chelsea pauses and laughs.]

Chelsea: He thinks he’s going to get away with this? Hell no! The fact of the matter is, Utopia got the SWEEP on Livewire and tonight, there’s no WAY Team Slut is going to even make it to Resurrection! Sweep those bastards again and break their SPIRITS! RATINGS!!!!!

[Andrea Hernandez then walks in, shaking her head.]

Andrea: Sounds like someone’s not hypnotized right now.

[Chelsea is caught by surprise when she turns around and sees Andrea, who is sporting an authentic Harley Davidson black coat, which draws Chelsea’s attention.]

Chelsea: Wait… where’d you get that?

Andrea: Myra gave it to me as a gift… why? I don’t know.

Chelsea: Don’t play dumb! I know it’s because Myra is pampering you because she wants to make you her new “chosen one”. That was supposed to be ME! It’s NOT FAIR!

Andrea: While being treated better by Myra is nice, I’m not letting it get to my head… you know… like YOU did?

Chelsea: That’s not important.

Andrea: It IS important because somewhere along the way, I lost my best friend. I suppose I should say this to you now considering you’re not hypnotized at the moment.

Chelsea: Andi, it’s like I told you before, hypnosis ISN’T REAL! It’s just bullshit you see on TV. Where do you get this idea that I’m hypnotised? Because I have memory lapses lately for some bizarre reason? Maybe I’m taking too many shots to the head or something.

[Andrea sighs, not only realizing that there is no hope, but that she’s definitely not going to convince Chelsea that she is being hypnotized.]

Andrea: Yeah Chels… let’s just go with that…

Chelsea: I still think it’s unfair that Myra is treating you like a princess!

Andrea: Can you get OFF that? It’s not going to help you win your match tonight. You know… “kicking Brookford’s ass!”

Chelsea: I am going to tear that son of a bitch piece by piece!

Andrea: Right. Do that. But… I’m going with you!

Chelsea: Oh no no no no no, stay out of this! This is between me and Brookford and nobody else. I don’t need you!

Andrea: Are you sure? Because I’m pretty damn sure Ian McKinnon is going to be out there with him. What are you going to do if they start cheating and going after you two on one? Hmm? There’s going to be nobody there to even the odds.

Chelsea: Well… now that you mention it. But, you’re not going to help me win because I don’t want Brookford to have any excuses once I destroy him.

[Andrea looks down and shakes her head, remembering that Chelsea did the same thing with Andrea’s match last week against Ian McKinnon.]

Chelsea: Look, when I helped you against Ian… I don’t know… I mean… I don’t remember any of it. But still, we’re going to be in this together! Don’t you worry about a damn thing, Andrea! I’ve got this thing in the bag, alright?

[Andrea nods with reluctance.]

Chelsea: GOOD! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I am going to plan my post-show party to celebrate the end of Brookford’s miserable career… ALL FOR THE SAKE OF RATINGS!!!!

[Chelsea quickly leaves the locker room and once she’s gone for good, Andrea sighs, shaking her head as she’s discouraged by this latest development.]

Andrea: What the hell is it going to take to get through to her?

[Andrea sighs one last time before she leaves the locker room herself, hoping that somehow, someway, Chelsea is able to find a way to pull through in her match against Brookford in one piece.]

X Division Showcase.
Cody Lindberg-Knight, Christy Hightower, Kendra Classic, Drake Crowe w/ Eliza Crowe vs Joey Michaels, Hayley Gold, Alice, Slade Merriman w/Helena Merriman

[Everyone was looking to make a statement going into the Global X match at Resurrection. The match started off with Kendra and Alice. The match in general would be a back and forth affair between all the combatants. Alice had Kendra pinned down to the mat following a Northern Lights, but Kendra kicked out at two. Alice tagged in Joey. Kendra reversed a potential cutter and took control. Kendra rallied and managed to knock down Joey with a wicked Pele kick! Kendra covered. Joey kicked out. Kendra tagged in Christy. Joey fought back, eventually bringing her down with an electric chair facebuster. Cody broke up the pinfall at two. Slade Merriman was the next to be tagged in. Christy fought back against Slade. Christy had her big moment in the match when she connected with a flipping seated senton into a cover, but ultimately, Hayley broke it up. Christy tagged Drake in. Predictably, he and Slade had a big brawl. Slade ultimately took control, flooring Drake with a sit down powerbomb into a pin. Eliza pulled the ref out of the ring. Helena chased Eliza to the back as another referee slid in. Slade tagged in Hayley. Drake eventually fought back, driving her into the mat with a shoulderbreaker. Slade broke up the ensuing pin. Drake tagged Cody in. Hayley fought back until she nailed him with a tornado facebuster, but Christy broke up the ensuing pin at 2. Hayley tagged Alice back in. Cody took advantage and eventually delivered a Fisherman’s suplex into a pin that was broken up by Joey. Drake and Slade eventually ended up brawling through the crowd. Kendra brawled with Hayley on the outside. Cody and Joey were ultimately the two legal men in the end. Joey fought hard, but ultimately Cody was too much for him and he kicked him in the gut and nailed him with International Treasure! Cody made the pin. Alice tried to dash in, but Christy intercepted her with a spear and the fans booed as the champion got the three.]

WINNERS: Cody Lindberg-Knight, Christy Hightower, Kendra Classic and Drake Crowe

[Security eventually came down to separate Kendra and Alice from each other as Alice writhed in pain in the ring. Cody and Christy stood above the pinned Joey Michaels as the fans vehemently booed both of them. The referee handed Cody the X-Division Championship and he raised it over his head, adding a potential exclamation point to the picture. With this picture, the broadcast team wondered whether or not this was a sign of things to come and whether Cody didn’t have to fear any of the odds he was going to face at Resurrection after all. Still, the crowd weren’t liking what they saw, and the boos they were expressing definitely proved that point.]

[Backstage, the GCW cameras start to roll. Around the interview area, we see both Travis Vessey standing in a blue dress shirt with black pants. He looks at the camera.]

Travis: Resurrection is almost around the corner. The biggest show of the year. A lot of people have been wondering why I've been so silent. I'm not someone who's shy or has stage fright. So what gives? Dominic Bane has been raging at me, taking every opportunity to throw a shot at me. Why haven't I said anything?

[He gives a slight smile before resorting back to an indifference look.]

Travis: Dominic Bane has been at my neck for a while now. He started this with me when I was getting my revenge on Christy Hightower. You know, getting on back on people you think you can trust. People who you share your career with. It was personal. What Christy did to me was personal. I've never had anyone turn their back on me. It sucked, to put it bluntly. Makes you feel like all those times spending time with that person meant nothing. One Tag Team reign for nothing. I couldn't get that back, but what I could have done was get some closure. Dominic took that away for me. All because he wanted to make an impact so he figured I was the one to go after.

[Travis looks down.]

Travis; He started this with me. Expected me to take that. To lay down and let him do that to me. He really thought I wouldn't do anything about that. That I would let him slap him in my face and get away with it. No, hell no. See the person Dominic is that you don't know who I am. I'm the Architect of Your Destruction. I'm one of the best wrestlers in this company. Triple Crown Champion before I turned 25 years old. Been here for three years now. I have too much to lose, too much to let someone like you think you can just step on me.

[Travis glares at the camera.]

Travis: So I've been patient. Kept my mouth shut and focused on causing your destruction. And slowly but surely, you've been starting to crack. Every moment you think I'm going to fold, I come back at you, harder. And you can't take it. You can't take it when you get punched in the mouth. Now you're claiming that you hate me. Now you're resorting to name calling. You were acting so cool before. What happened? I'll tell you what happened...

[Travis glares at the camera.]

Travis: You found out what happens when you mess with Travis Vessey. You found out that when you do that, I'm going to do anything and everything that I need to do to take you down. And you won't admit it but I'm in your head. You took away my revenge against Christy, you took away a GCW TV title win and now I'm going to take away a Resurrection moment away from. And Nate Lawson, I haven't forgotten about you. Tonight, you and I will be on the same team against Bane and his fiend ALexander Midas. I got your back. You got nothing to worry about. but Resurrection, you know you have to worry about me. Even with Bane, you know when we fought, I had you beat. As tough as you are, I had you.

[Travis pauses.]

Travis: Like I said, I'm in the zone. Trista and I have been focused on keeping my mind right. Last two years I've been ungrateful for my opportunities. Been scheming to get ahead. Christy turning her back on me made me realize where I went wrong. Made me realize that I was thinking too much about the money. And while I still have great representation, my foundation is built on what I do. I haven't won a singles title in two years. Two years too long. I was the runner up in Ring 2 at Civil War this year. No more playing runner up. I'm not a runner up. I'm the leader of the pack. Resurrection, when I become the TV Champion, I remind everyone why that is.

[Travis looks at the camera before leaving the scene.]

Angelica Jones vs Darian Andrews vs The Enigma

[Triple threat rules certainly made this singles preview of the unified tag team championship match interesting as each competitor knew that momentum was at stake going into Resurrection. Darian went after the Enigma and Angelica Jones joined in as they obviously took out their mutual disdain for Ginger Nation out on her. Enigma obviously couldn’t withstand the two on one odds and she rolled out of the ring. Angelica then blindsided Darian from behind, resulting in the two of them taking on each other for a couple of minutes. Darian really gave it his best, but Angelica’s experience was just too much at this juncture in the match. She brought him down with a backbreaker and made the cover, but the Enigma broke up the count. The Enigma attacked Angelica and surprised the crowd with the fact that she was holding her own against her. This unexpected speed rally by Enigma culminated with a flying elbow from the top rope into a cover, but Darian broke it up. Darian took on the Enigma for the next couple of minutes and he seemed to have it after he picked her up and nailed her with a vertebreaker, but Angelica managed to break up the count in time. With how competitive the match was, it got to the point where Darian and Enigma even teamed up to take out the more experienced competitor in Angelica. Angelica fought back though and was prepared to deliver a superkick to Enigma. However, Enigma ducked and Darian got taken out instead. Darian rolled out of the ring. Enigma rolled up Angelica, grabbing the tights, but Angelica kicked out. They both got up and Enigma went for a clothesline, but it was ducked. Angelica then turned Enigma around, kicked her in the gut, hooked the arms… HOT SHOT! Angelica made the cover with Darian outside of the ring and the fans cheered as the three count was made.]

WINNER: Angelica Jones

[Of course, the celebration wouldn’t last very long as Jenni Anderson and Allison Lorraine came down to beat down Angelica. Karina Lysenko wasn’t far behind them and it quickly became a three on one assault. But, when Matty Graves, Kayla Jones, and Karen McBride came down to even the odds, the Ginger Nation members split. Destiny Skye was behind them but not to help them. She wanted to get Enigma out of the ring. Darian got back in the ring, Angelica recovered and this resulted in Angelica, Kayla, Karen, Matty and Darian staring back at Ginger Nation, backing up the ramp. Destiny Skye attended to Enigma and looked at her faction teammates with disgust as the broadcast team wondered both if what they witnessed was a preview of what’s to come at Resurrection when the tag team championships in GCW were unified.]

"You should've seen the funbags on this lady, Mike! Definite silicone, but so fun to play with!"

Dominic Baine is backstage with his Manager, Mike Michaels, talking about one of his latest 'conquests'. Mike, for his part... is Mike.

Mike: WOOOOOOO!!! If Ol' Simba weren't tied down with a ball and chain, I'd be showing those women my 'Jungle Action', if you get my drift!

Mike starts shadow-boxing on the spot, because again, he's Mike Michaels.

Dominic: Uh... right, Mike. Anyways, where the hell is Midas? I asked him to show up, and he was supposed to be here half an hour ago!

Mike shrugs.

Mike: That guy beats to his own drummer. Who knows when he'll, or IF he'll even, show u...

Voice: Show up?

The pair turn, and there stands Alexander Midas.

Dominic: Speak of the devil... glad you show up, Alex!

Midas: Don't call me Alex... and after about the fifteenth or so phone call, I decided to come just so you'd stop annoying me. Now what do you want?

Dominic: Isn't it obvious? Strategy for our tag-match tonight, of course! I mean, not that we need it against those clowns, but never hurts to be on the same page!

Midas holds a hand up.

Midas: Stop. The only 'strategy' needed is for you to stand on the apron while I do what I do best, and that's deal with imbeciles like those two. I will win this tag-match for us, and that's all there is to it.

Dominic: Sure, Sure... you know, this will be the start of our great alliance!

Midas raises an eyebrow.

Midas: Excuse me? There is no 'alliance'... I'm forced into this match, but we are not friends, buddies, amigos, call it whatever you want. Once we win, this 'team' is done... understand?

Mike: Now look here, Midas...

Dominic raises a hand to silence Mike.

Dominic: If that's what you wish.

Midas: It is. Now, if we're done here, I have more important things to do.

Midas walks off, and Mike turns to Dominic.

Mike: What an ass.

Dominic: Yeah... but I think he'll come around, sooner or later. For now, though... we'll play it his way.

The camera pans in on Dominics grinning face, before we head back to ringside.

"Hells Bells" hits the arena speakers, and Jason Redfield walks out, all smiles. The crowd is smiling, however, instead hurling all forms of curses... and, in some cases, trash. Jason doesn't look bothered, though, as he heads to the ring. He grabs a mic, still all smiles, and addresses the fans.

Jason: That's right, idiots... boo, hurl trash, whatever. You are NOT going to ruin my good mood tonight!

The crowd, as predicted, don't take kindly to being called idiots.

Jason: Do you know why I'm in such a good mood, though? Finality. Like at Resurrection, where I FINALLY end this feud with my ex-fuckdoll and my ex-student, Katherine Prescott! It is where I FINALLY put an end to her by ENDING her career, and her hopes and dreams of making it in this business!

Jason chuckles.

Jason: But tonight, it is the end of my trials for lil' Ms. Prescott. So, Katherine, if you would be so kind to join me in this ring... let's get this show on the road!

"Siren", by Kat Krazy ft. Elkka (Armin Van Buurren Remix) plays, and the fans react positively to the arrival of Katherine Prescott. She marches to the ring, and after taking a mic of her own, steps inside and walks right up to Jason.

Katherine: Before we end this farce, I have a few things to get off my chest. So Jason, shut up and pay attention.

Jason simply stares at her, saying nothing.

Katherine: Let me be blunt here... everything that's happened between us? It's my fault. I accept that, I turned on you, on these fans, I viciously attacked both you and Henry Van Stanton... all for money and opportunity to make a name for myself. Looking back, I'm ashamed of who I was... but I've been trying to make amends.

She pokes Jason in the chest.

Katherine: The fans have forgiven me, Henry Van Stanton has forgiven me for attacking him, and I've done everything I can to try and make it up to you. But you know what? After everything that's happened, I look forward to ending your career at Resurrection!

The crowd cheers at that.

Katherine: I may be responsible in the end, and karma may be hitting me... but I will not hold myself responsible for your actions anymore! I offered you my hand in apology, and you slapped it away! That little niggling voice in my head that was telling me that I deserved what you've done to me, it's now telling me to kick your ass at Resurrection and put you out to pasture for good!

The fans roar at that. Jason, however, is stone-faced.

Katherine: So you better come at me guns-blazin' 'Outlaw', because at Resurrection, it's going to be your last sunset!

Jason glares at Katherine for several long moments... before the smile from earlier comes across his face again.

Jason: Heh... you almost did it. You almost got me out of my good mood. Nice try, 'darlin'... 'A' for effort. I'm not here to trade barbs with you, though, I got one last trial for you... and, this one, I KNOW you won't be able to conquer! I've put you through a handicap match, a gauntlet, and a battle royal! But this, THIS out-does them all! Because those previous matches were against ham-n-eggers, cream of the shit! This opponent I've chosen tonight... yes, it's just one opponent... is among the elite! A former GCW Champion, and a man I've had a long and storied past with, as both friend and foe! So morons and idiots, get up off your fat asses and please give a warm welcome to the man who will give Katherine here the humbling she so richly deserves... JAKE 'THE HEART-THROB' STORM!!!

"Smooth Operator" by Sade hits the speaker as GCW legend Jake 'The Heart-Throb' Storm, accompanied by his Manager and Wife, Emma Frost, makes his way out to resounding boos from the fans. Jake eggs on the boos, while Emma simply rolls her eyes at his antics. They head down to the ring, and once inside, Jake shakes Jasons hand and looks disdainfully at Katherine. Katherine, for her part, has her game face on and ready to kick some ass.

Jason exits the ring, and the bell sounds. However, Jake seems more focused on taunting the crowd, turning his back on his opponent... which proves to be a mistake, as Katherines rolls him up in a small package for the quick three! Jake looks in shock, Jason looks in shock, Emma looks like she wants to throttle Jake. Jake pops up off the mat and yells 'HEY!!!' at the referee, who tells him it was three. Emma storms into the ring and grabs Jake by the ear, dragging him back out of the ring and up the ramp, despite Jakes painful protests.

Katherine watches the scene with a shake of her head. However, she doesn't notice Jason slide into the ring with a chair... that is, until he slams it hard into her back. Katherine falls to her knees, arching her back in agony, and Jason hits her with another chairshot, this time to the head, knocking her nearly out of it. Jason throws the chair down and demands a mic.

Jason: The only... THE ONLY... reason I'm not going to do worse to you is because I want there to be no excuses for when I beat your sorry ass at Resurrection and kick you out of this business for good! Just a few weeks left, Prescott, best enjoy those last weeks as a professional wrestler!

Jason drops the mic on Katherines chest and exits the ring, heading to the back. In the ring, Katherine is still dazed... who knows if this will be a similar scene at Resurrection?

[Shotgun fades to the hallway where Jazmyn Rain is seen walking through it, having just arrived to the arena. Her presence draws a huge amount of cheers from the fans as despite last Livewire, Jazmyn still has a confident look on her face. As she walks along, she’s greeted by GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas who also gets a heavy cheer from the fans.]

Victoria: Hey!

Jazmyn: Vicky! Figured I’d run into you at some point tonight.

Victoria: Yeah, I figured I’d try to see you. I mean, you are wrestling on Shotgun for the first time in your GCW career tonight. Too bad it can’t be a thing every two weeks you know? You and I on the same show?

Jazmyn: Oh I do know what you mean and the feeling is mutual. But hey, maybe that’s what happens after Resurrection. You never know! I might get drafted to Shotgun on my quest to be a world champion again and if you’re still champion after Resurrection, that would mean… OH…

[Jazmyn acts a bit surprised realizing that it’s a possibility her road to a world championship could go through one of her best friends.]

Victoria: Yeah, that would be something, wouldn’t it? Of course, if anything like that were to occur, I’d have to WIN at Resurrection first.

Jazmyn: Trust me, you will.

Victoria: You think so?

Jazmyn: I know you will. Harker is going to be one of the toughest challenges you’ve ever faced, there’s no question about that, but I also believe that you have never been better than you are right now. I mean that, Vicky. I know things are going to get tense with this whole contract signing deal later. You and Harker haven’t quite seen eye to eye lately. But, at the end of the day, never stop believing. Just try not to let her get to you.

Victoria: Honestly? She kind of did…

Jazmyn: But I thought you were over the whole accidental chair shot ordeal…

Victoria: I am, but I’m talking about last Shotgun. I don’t know… it doesn’t sit well with me that… forget it. I need to save what I need to say to her for out there, instead of saying it back here. But, she did get to me a little.

Jazmyn: I know it’s easier said than done, but try not to let her get to you too much. Otherwise…

[Jazmyn pauses, looking down and expressing a slight bit of regret.]

Victoria: Otherwise?

Jazmyn: ...you’ll end up just like me at Resurrection last year… with no championship…

[Jazmyn sighs and forms a pout, obviously still hurting a bit from that night. Victoria puts a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.]

Jazmyn: I just don’t want the same thing to happen to you.

Victoria: No worries, I’ll do my very best not to let it happen. And hey, keep your chin up. You and Axl need to take care of business tonight.

[Jazmyn looks back up at Victoria, nodding and smiling.]

Jazmyn: You’re right about that! Thanks for reminding me. I’ll talk to you later. You know where I can find Axl?

Victoria: Knowing him? Probably the catering area…

[Victoria rolls her eyes and smiles.

Jazmyn: Thanks… and I hope things go well out there for you tonight.

[Victoria and Jazmyn hug each other before Jazmyn leaves the scene to find Axl Austin. Victoria takes a deep breath, composing herself and getting herself ready for the big contract signing later as the scene fades to black.]

Alexander Midas/Dominic Baine vs Travis Vessey/Nate Lawson

[Midas and Baine were definitely well oiled machines teaming up together. Vessey and Lawson worked well together but considering the stakes taking place at Resurrection there was some concern over whether they could truly trust each other. Midas and Vessey were the two that started the match. They were evenly matched at the start, that is, until Midas raked the eyes of Vessey. Midas would then rally against him until it culminated with an Alabama Slam! Midas made the cover, but Vessey was able to kick out. Midas tagged in Baine and Baine dashed in and pounded Vessey repeatedly as he got up. But Vessey grabbed him and connected with a release belly to belly to stem the tide. Vessey rallied and managed to get a running spinebuster on him for a two count. Lawson was tagged in next. Baine bounced back after a dirty chop block on the champion. Baine had things in hand as he brought down Lawson with a gutbuster! Baine had the cover, but Vessey broke it up. Midas was tagged back in, but again, Lawson managed to start his own rally. Lawson would eventually nail Midas with a tiger bomb into a pin, but Baine ran in to break it up. In the late stages of the match, Midas and Baine kept Lawson separated from the corner by tagging in and out frequently. Midas and Lawson were the legal men toward the end. Midas seemed to have it, but Lawson came back with a running powerslam leading to the race to the corners. Vessey and Baine tagged back in. They had an evenly matched brawl until Midas got involved. Vessey was able to clothesline Midas out of the ring. Baine blindsided him with a back body drop. Vessey got up and Baine set up for the International Impact, but Vessey blocked it with an overhead back body drop. Acting on instinct, when Baine got up, Vessey picked him up and… VESSEY DRIVER! Vessey hooked the leg for the cover. Midas slid in to break it up, but Lawson stopped him with a spear out of nowhere and as a result, Vessey got the three count by pinning Baine!]

WINNERS: Travis Vessey & Nate Lawson

[The fans cheered in approval at what they just witnessed as Nate and Travis stood united in victory. Midas rolled out of the ring holding his ribs as Mike Michaels, stunned at what happened, pulled Baine out of the ring. Vessey smirked as he glared at the pair, satisfied that he got the pin. Lawson and Vessey unintentionally bumped shoulders and the two turned toward each other. The referee got in the middle of it as he handed Lawson the TV Championship. Lawson and Vessey had a staredown as Lawson raised the title over his head. Baine could only look on with anger from the outside as the commentary team asked about who would come away with the TV Championship at Resurrection!]

[Shotgun fades in on Adrian Waters who has his eyes glued to the television set moments before the Chelsea/Brookford match is set to begin. He has a smirk on his face, obviously feeling confident.]

Adrian: This is going to be damn entertaining…

[Adrian laughs, not realizing that Myra Lynwood just walked into the locker room behind him.]

Myra: What are you watching?

Adrian: The most entertaining match this show is going to have… aside from ours of course.

Myra: Right…

[Myra laughs as she walks up to him.]

Myra: We’ve definitely got every reason to feel confident that once again, we are going to sweep the competition. After all, it was GLORIOUS last week on Livewire when we managed to pull it off. I have to give Andrea credit, I didn’t think she could do it. But, she managed to pull it off with YOUR genius of course.

Adrian: Hypnotizing Chelsea was probably the best thing that I’ve ever done aside from winning the TV Championship. I’m definitely proud of that.

Myra: You should be, it’s kept Utopia together quite nicely knowing that her fucking nonsense isn’t going to drag us down for Resurrection.

Adrian: And I LOVE what you’re doing with Andrea!

Myra: What? You mean treating her like a princess? Oh god, I never realized that spoiling her would be so much fun! We went shopping last night and that actually was a better experience than I thought it would be. All Andrea wanted was to be treated fairly and that’s what I’m doing. I figure, why not give her a chance, you know?

[Myra winks at Adrian.]

Myra: I mean… she HAS been a very loyal soldier ever since I humbled her a few months ago and retained the Global Championship against her. She’s still annoying, but she’ll learn. With a united front, and with this mole leaking information to Clarissa to be squashed after Resurrection, I have an amazing feeling that when this is all over, Utopia will be STRONGER THAN EVER!!!!

Adrian: DAMN RIGHT!

Myra: And it continues in a few minutes with Chelsea… she IS hypnotized, right?

Adrian: Actually… no! I decided not to hypnotize her tonight.

Myra: WHAT? But… you know that means she’s more likely to…

Adrian: Lose to Brookford? Yeah. I know! But see, I can’t stand either one of them so it doesn’t matter to me who wins. Plus, I was thinking that if Brookford were to beat Chelsea, it’d create a sense of false hope within Jazmyn’s team… hope that we will take away when we beat her and Axl…. AGAIN! We don’t need to go for the kill tonight. Why go for the kill, when you can go for the pain?

[Myra smirks, loving what she heard.]

Myra: That’s why you’re pure genius. And tonight, one way or another… we’re going to have ALL the momentum going into Resurrection!

[Myra chuckles for a bit before she turns around and leaves Adrian to watching Chelsea’s match on his own.]

Adrian: Yes we will love… yes we will…

[Adrian has his eyes squarely set on the television as the scene fades.]

BROOKFORD vs. Chelsea Summers

[Chelsea Summers was not in her hypnotic state going into this match and Brookford knew it when Chelsea darted toward him and literally right into a clothesline. Brookford would unleash his anger and really start to beat Chelsea around the ring. The early stages as a result were Brookford dominated as Chelsea had no answer for his power game. Chelsea was a constant victim of an array of suplexes from Brookford, most notably a belly to belly and a butterfly suplex. It would take a desperation eye rake from Chelsea to get things going for her, sort of. Once Chelsea was able to catch her breath, it was a cat and mouse chase around the ring until Chelsea pounded on Brookford as he slid back in the ring. A sleeper hold would stymie Brookford and Chelsea got back into the match. She would eventually knock him down on his back with a missile dropkick and even managed to lock in a heel hook in on Brookford. Brookford wouldn’t tap and this would be a more back and forth affair, with both wrestlers trading near falls over each other. Andrea Hernandez came down to ringside, concerned for Chelsea as Brookford was in control, beating Chelsea into the corner. Ian McKinnon would then come down to ringside to make sure Andrea wouldn’t try anything sneaky. Brookford went for a corner splash, but Chelsea was able to move out of the way and Brookford ate nothing but turnbuckle. Chelsea got Brookford with a double knee backbreaker, but Brookford kicked out. Chelsea got frustrated and started to scream at the referee, but she realized that Brookford was getting up. Chelsea gave Brookford a running kick to the gut. Jumping cutter! Another cover, another kickout. Chelsea started throwing a temper tantrum. Brookford got up again. Chelsea grabbed him by the throat and...tried to lift him up for a chokeslam. This obviously didn’t work and Brookford grabbed her by the throat and easily gave her a chokeslam Brookford smirked as he locked in a rearnaked choke on Chelsea right in the center of the ring. Chelsea struggled with this move and her arms flailed a bit before they eventually stopped moving. A white towel was tossed from Chelsea’s corner almost immediately and the referee saw it so as a result, he called for the bell as Andrea Hernandez, who tossed in the towel, had a facepalm and head shaking moment.]

WINNER (by submission): BROOKFORD

[Brookford got up wearing a smirk on his face, but it still wasn’t enough as he looked like he wanted to punish her even more. Andrea rolled into the ring to check on Chelsea, which threw off Brookford a bit. Ian McKinnon slid into the ring. Brookford picked up Andrea by her head/shoulders area and the crowd cheered, thinking she was going to get it next, however, Ian tapped him on the shoulder to stop him, telling him that he already got his just by beating Chelsea. Brookford shoved Andrea to the ground and he and Ian walked out of the ring to loud cheers from the crowd, as they were still satisfied with the fact that Chelsea got choked out. The pair walked up the ramp, satisfied that they got one over on Utopia to put their side back in the ballgame while Andrea checked on Chelsea who was still knocked out. The announcers talked about how Brookford was able to put his side on the board against Utopia and whether Jazmyn and Axl were going to be able to even up the score and complete the Shotgun sweep for their side a little bit later on.]

Backstage, Janis King stands next to Hannah Myers and her manager Pete Floyd following Hannah's win over Tyson Kenneth O'Reilly.

Janice: "With me right now is a young lady who has certainly turned things around in her career over the past few weeks. Hannah, how does it feel to have a winning streak going after the months you suffered without a victory?"

Hannah: "It does feel good, Janice, don't get me wrong. No offense to either Meagan Collins or TKO, but they are just warm ups. Yeah, I'm glad to have the wins, but I'm far from satisfied. There were a couple losses I suffered that I want back. I'm talking to the two biggest jackasses on Shotgun: Alexander Midas and Adrian Waters. I know you both have beaten more accomplished wrestlers than me, and I get I have nothing to be ashamed of. The fact of the matter is that you both kicked me while I was down. You were both so fucking smug and thoughtless because neither one of you know how to act like decent human beings. That's fine...one way or another, I plan on getting those wins back. Which one of you two assholes wants to be first?"

Hannah winks and the Winnepeg crowd cheers her.

Janice: "Mr. Floyd, I understand you have something to say to the GCW brass?"

Floyd nods.

Pete: "This more for the people responsible for booking Resurrection. Last year, Hannah missed Resurrection due to an unfortunate injury. Resurrection is the biggest wrestling event of the year...the flagship PPV event in GCW. It would be a damned shame if my client were to have to sit out two Resurrections in a row. It wouldn't be good for her and it wouldn't be good for GCW. Listen to this crowd..."

Floyd pauses so we can here the fans chanting Hannah's name over and over. Pete grins.

Pete: "They love her! Hannah has gone through some dark times, but we can honestly say her career is being "Resurrected. I'm petitioning to those in the back who puts these great events together...don't leave Hannah Myers off the card for Resurrection. I understand the golden boy, himself, Alex Midas, has a free dance card. Just throwing that out there. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. Let's see Hannah's name listed on The Resurrection card. One week...I'm counting on you guys."

[Shotgun fades to the catering area and the crowd cheers at the presence of Axl Austin who is sitting down at a table, with an open box of pizza. Two slices of pizza are gone and Axl is already halfway through a third, clearly enjoying himself and not letting recent events trouble him.]

Jazmyn: A whole pizza? Really?

[Jazmyn Rain doesn’t know whether to laugh or not as she walks in on Axl finishing his third slice of pizza.]

Axl: Sure! Why not? You want a slice?

Jazmyn: Um… you know we’re about to have our rematch with Myra and Adrian right?

Axl: Oh god! Don’t be like Vicky…

[They both laugh as Axl stands up.]

Axl: Look, I’m just trying to be as chill as I can be. The last thing I need is for that fuckwit Adrian Waters to know that he’s in my head.

Jazmyn: Right, but he sprayed that mist in your eyes. Are you sure you’re okay?

Axl: I’m alright. How about you? You took that loss last week pretty hard. I saw you talk to Derek about how you still take losses to Myra personally. I definitely understand why, but I figured I’d ask.

Jazmyn: I’m fine, Axl. Thanks.

Axl: Now, I’m no wrestling expert, or even a therapist, but let me give you a tip about that. I never take my losses or anything anyone does to me THAT personal. If I ever get pissed, I stay pissed for that whole night, go to bed angry, wake up the next morning and move on. I know for someone like you, especially with Myra, that might be a bit tough, but the key to beating Myra and Adrian? You can’t let them live in your head. I know Adrian doesn’t bother you much. But Myra…

[Jazmyn’s eyes widen slightly as she takes a short breath.]

Jazmyn: She’s been living in my head since the dawn of time it seems.

Axl: You know what you have to do, Jazmyn. You even mentioned it last week. This isn’t about you and Myra… well, not primarily anyway.

Jazmyn: Exactly, this is between GCW and Utopia and no matter what kind of crap they want to pull, we’re going to keep it that way. Thanks for that advice though, that’s really going to help. And you know what else helps? The fact that Brookford just won! We’re back in the game now. Now? It’s up to US to even the score going into Resurrection!

Axl: Now you’re speaking my language!

[A lighter moment ensues as the two share a high five with one another. Axl glances back at the pizza, then back at Jazmyn.]

Axl: Are you sure you don’t want a slice?

[Jazmyn chuckles.]

Jazmyn: No, I’m good! But, if you REALLY want to have your cake… or pie in this case… and eat it too… we can get Livewire back from Myra and Adrian in a bit! I think right now? I’m hungry for a slice of PAYBACK!

Axl: Alright! That works!

[Jazmyn and Axl laugh as they leave the catering area to loud cheers from the crowd. The scene fades, with the pair quite confident they are going to reverse last week’s setback on Livewire.]

Myra Lynwood and Adrian Waters vs. Jazmyn Rain & Axl Austin

[In this main event rematch, Myra and Adrian were determined to salvage the advantage for Utopia going into Resurrection while Jazmyn and Axl were looking to even things up. Axl tried to get some revenge for Adrian’s actions last week, but now as then, Adrian did everything he could to avoid him and the same once again went for Myra when it came to Jazmyn. These tactics put Myra and Adrian in control in the early going as Myra would have the first pinfall of the match following a roundhouse kick to the jaw, but Axl was able to kick out. Adrian gleefully tagged himself in to try to take advantage and for a while, he would, but Axl battled back, taking control before nailing him with a Northern Lights into a pin that Myra ran into break up. Axl chased Myra out of the ring and tagged in Jazmyn, but that little breath of air for Adrian was enough for him to recover and unexpectedly nail Jazmyn with a clothesline. Adrian would then take control for the next couple of minutes and then nailed her with a running powerslam into a pin, but Jazmyn kicked out. Myra was tagged back in and of course, she was looking forward to beating her down, but Jazmyn rallied and with a springboard enziguri, managed to get a two count before Adrian broke it up. Axl was tagged back in. Adrian interfered, enabling Myra to take control and the next few minutes was all about the classic isolation and double team tactic. Finally, a last gasp snap suplex from Axl to Myra gave him the break he needed to tag Jazmyn back in, though Myra was able to do the same with Adrian. The two were evenly matched for a few minutes before Adrian raked the eyes. Adrian lifted Jazmyn up, trying to set up for the Use Your Head, but Jazmyn escaped and turned Adrian around, nailing him with the Rain Drop! Myra got up and was going to interfere, but Axl exploded with a shoulder tackle to knock her down. Jazmyn then stepped through the ropes and bounced off the top, connecting with the Rain Splash on Adrian! The fans cheered as Jazmyn hooked the leg and scored the win for her team!]

WINNERS: Jazmyn Rain & Axl Austin

[Jazmyn stood up, ready to celebrate the win that she and Axl just got, but Myra Lynwood got up and prevented it from happening with an axe handle from behind. Axl then pounced on Myra to prevent her from doing anything else and it seemed like he’d be able to thwart her until Chelsea Summers ran into the ring and blindsided Axl. Myra recovered and she joined Chelsea in beating Axl down. Jazmyn would recover and help out Axl to even the odds, but that wouldn’t last long with Adrian getting up and making it a three on two. Ian McKinnon and Brookford then ran in. Myra was fighting Jazmyn, Axl was fighting Adrian and Ian and Brookford double teamed Chelsea. Andrea then ran into the ring with a steel chair. She looked extremely conflicted watching everything unfold. Adrian gave Axl a low blow and dropped him with a headbutt. Andrea confronted him and Adrian smirked, daring him to hit him with a chair. Andrea got mad and swung the chair at his head, but Adrian ducked and the chair smacked Ian, who was going after Adrian, right in the skull. Andrea dropped the chair, horrified by this and Adrian shoved Andrea right into Brookford to grab his attention. Adrian picked up Axl and dropped him on his head onto the chair with the “Use Your Head”. Brookford saw what happened to Ian and he was pissed. Andrea tried to plead with him and Brookford was about to go after her, but Chelsea came in from behind with a low blow before giving him a bulldog into the same chair Adrian and Andrea had used before. Jazmyn was fighting off Myra, but with all her teammates gone, Adrian and Chelsea got involved as Andrea attended to Ian out of his concern. Try as she might, Jazmyn had no chance against the three on one odds. Sky Drop from Chelsea, Super Smart Elbow from Adrian, and Myra finished her off with the Tradition Breaker. Myra, Chelsea and Adrian raised their arms above their head, while Adrian forcefully pulled her up by the wrist and raised her hand too. Despite Andrea’s remorse and reluctance on her face, it didn’t take away from the fact that Utopia was standing tall while being mercilessly booed by the fans. The commentating team debated whether Utopia was really unified once again, or if this was their last stand knowing Resurrection would provide an answer one way or another.]

(We cut backstage where GCW’s roving reporter, member of the Hall of Fame, Janice King is standing by with Julia Braddock.)

Janice King: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is preparing herself for a real war of attrition at Resurrection where she will go one on one with her own sister Glory. This is Julia Braddock…

(Julia rolls her eyes.)

Julia: Hardly a war of attrition. That implies it will be a difficult contest. Truthfully, I will smoke Glory Braddock. I will humiliate her and humble her.

Janice: There is no questioning your skill and ability, but aren’t you looking past hers?

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: Absolutely not, I think I’m making a fair assessment. Take into account, I am a former GCW World Tag Team Champion, Television Champion, and World Champion. What exactly has Glory Braddock done here in GCW?

Janice: Well she bought it and rebuilt it from the ground up, for starters…

Julia: Yeah, she loves to remind everyone of that every chance she gets. But as far as being an active competitor, only up until recently has she been regularly competing, otherwise it has been simply competing here and there on special occasions. She wrestled one or two matches for FWA and she wrestled a match for UWA but that was it. Now she’s become a regular competitor again but notice how little she’s accomplished since her return.

(She pats herself on the chest.)

Julia: And now compare that to me. I’ve been a regular competitor here in GCW from day one. I’ve grown and improved my game while Glory has remained stagnant. I’ve won championships while Glory has not. I’ve been active at all times while Glory only returns when it suits her needs.

(She points at Janice.)

Julia: And yet people like you and the fans want to cheer for her, want to support her over me? You think she can beat me at Resurrection?

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: Glory cannot defeat me at Resurrection, she will not defeat me at Resurrection. I will shock the world and defeat my famous sister on the grandest stage of them all and my victory will be so glorious, so grand, that you and the idiot fans will be forced to cheer for me and you will be forced to recognize me as the real Best in the World.

(Julia turns and walks off.)

[Shotgun returns to ringside where Shotgun General Manager Allison Mayberry is standing in the center of the ring behind a table with a chair on each side of it. There’s a clipboard consisting of a contract on said table. Allison soaks in some of the cheers from the crowd as she begins to speak.]

Allison: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to what could very well be one of the most monumental moments in Shotgun history and I’m not exaggerating on that either. Now, over the last few years, we have definitely seen some worthy Shotgun main events at Resurrection, but I don’t think there is any one that is more anticipated than this one. For starters, I don’t think we need to worry about the Option C shenanigans of last year, but aside from that, we have two of the very best about to make this special main event official. Starting with the challenger… who has certainly come a long way from the annals of Camelot, through two X-Division Championships and most recently, earned her spot in the main event of Resurrection in a big way! Ladies and gentlemen, the 2017 Civil War Winner…. Isabella Harker!

“I SAID I’LL RULE THE WORLD!”

The opening horns of Walk Off The Earth’s “Rule The World” begin to play as the crowd come to their feet. They are greeted by the cheers of the crowd, although as Isabella Harker steps out on top of the rampway. She raises her arms for the crowd before opening her long coat.

She makes her way down towards the ring, slapping a few hands along the way until she gets to the bottom of the ramp. From there, she runs right at the ring, hopping onto the apron and, holding onto the middle rope, hangs off the apron, throwing her arm up again. She pulls herself into the ring and heads to each of the four corners, raising her arms to the roaring approval of the crowd.

Allison: And, her opponent, there’s not much more you can say about her besides what you already know, someone who has written one of the greatest redemption stories you’ll ever see in this business, once totally unbearable, she came from the depths of her vainglorious hell to reign as a world champion once again, she is also a Shotgun triple crown winner and the 2015 Civil War winner, ladies and gentlemen… the GCW World Champion… Victoria Salinas!

The arena speakers play the chorus of "Feel Invincible” by Skillet and the crowd has a loud, positive reaction when Victoria Salinas appears on the stage. Victoria gives a quick salute to the crowd to acknowledge the reaction she's getting as she starts to make her way to the ring. Arriving at ringside, she pauses for a split second and collects herself to soak it all in. She enters the ring and acknowledges the crowd before walking up to the contract and signing it right away.

Allison: Whoa, not wasting any time there, Victoria?

[Victoria picks up one of the two microphones, with Harker already having the other in her hand, and answers.]

Victoria: No. We don’t need to draw this out too long. This isn’t a certain era of mine where I cut twenty minute promos every single week. So, Isabella, let’s not waste much time, alright?

[Isabella shrugs and nods as she signs the contract herself.]

Allison: So, it is now official. At Resurrection, no ifs, ands or buts about it, Victoria Salinas will defend the GCW World Championship against Isabella Harker.

[The crowd cheers this.]

Victoria: Great! I’ll see you there, Isabella.

[Victoria turns and begins to leave.]

Isabella: Why the rush?

[Victoria turns around and walks right back to the table as Isabella takes a quick glance at the world title around Victoria’s waist.]

Victoria: Honestly? There really isn’t much I want to say to you right now. In fact, I’ll even be really honest with you. Your actions two weeks ago pissed me off.

[Harker nods bitterly, understanding.]

Isabella: The blind tag. You thought I was into business for myself there. You were in trouble at the time and I figured it was best for the two of us if I got back in.

Victoria: No, it wasn’t the blind tag. It wasn’t the fact that you got the final fall on Christy two weeks ago. It was after the match when you took my title and showed it off in front of my face. THAT is what pissed me off.

[Isabella smirks and chuckles a bit.]

Isabella: That did it? Vicky, it was all business. Nothing personal. I mean, I can understand why you would take it personal. With all due respect, you might be one of the greatest wrestlers GCW has ever had on their roster, but you’re incredibly sensitive if something like THAT made you so angry.

Victoria: Sensitive?

Isabella: Vicky, I am looking at the woman who once melted down on Twitter after she was given a tag team title shot with Kayla Jones. Instead of being grateful for that, you melted down because you didn’t get what you really wanted: that title around your waist right now. You’re the woman that has a history of having confidence issues over the most piddly of things. I know that you’ve gotten better with it, but two weeks ago, when you opened the show and spoke your mind, I got another reminder of how fragile you really are.

[Victoria’s eyes narrow in anger.]

Isabella: Hear me out. I know you wanted to make a point two weeks ago, but all I heard from you? Well, I’ll be fair, you weren’t off to such a bad start when you gave me the benefit of the doubt from the chair shot and I thank you for that. You were rolling when you talked about the similar paths we’ve been on, but then you broke into vintage Vicky mode when you started going off about your EXPERIENCE and your typical spiel about how in a big match situation, there’s few better than you. While that may be true, your record across your career on flagship shows is outstanding, none of those six wins you have are against ME and last year, as you recall, we were on the same side ending Executive order. You come out here and you talk about how confident you are, how you’re more confident than you’ve ever been, but confidence isn’t reminding the world of what you’ve done in the past, or being one of the most fragile people on the entire roster.

With all due respect, Victoria…

I don’t care about what you did at Resurrection two years ago. And honestly? Executive Order was so last year. Live in the NOW, Vicky. NOW you need to focus on me because I am just the kind of wrestler that can expose how sensitive and fragile you really are.

Allison: Whoa… those are definitely some fighting words.

[Victoria tries her best to keep her composure, removing the title from around her waist and setting it on the table.]

Victoria: Fragile? Listen, I’m not going to deny the fact that I’m definitely one of the more emotional competitors on the roster, but FRAGILE? I’m not going to get into my entire life story here, Isabella, but if being a competitor, particularly the kind of competitor that I am is being “fragile”, then maybe you still have much to learn. Yes, I’ve had my moments in the past. Yes, I had this whole “broken Vicky” thing happening last summer which, it’s ironic you mention that and then talk about living in the now. That’s precisely what I have been doing for the longest time, Isabella. I took it one step at a time. From the moment I beat Kayla Jones in that ironwoman match, I set a goal for myself to not only become GCW World Champion again, but to get to the main event of Resurrection with the title and when I DID win the world title again, it wasn’t just to get to the main event, it was to WIN the main event. You’re not facing that same woman that had her social media confidence meltdowns, Isabella. You’re facing the GCW World Champion that has grown and thrived from the ashes of the mask I used to wear. I thought maybe you’d know all about that… ELENA HAMMER…

[Now it’s Isabella whose eyes are narrowing.]

Victoria: Don’t worry, I’m not going to use your Camelot history against you. My point was that you have done the same as I have and I thought you’d know better than that. I know what you went through with “Tiffany” was a huge burden and ordeal for you, Harker. I know that Resurrection is going to be the biggest match of your life. I know that feeling. You’ve got all the talent in the world, all the passion and desire in the world and I knew that from the very moment you broke free from Camelot, but the reason why you’re going to end up falling short at Resurrection is the fact that you don’t carry the BURNING DESIRE that I do to come up clutch when the lights are brighter and when the stage is bigger.

Isabella: Really?

Victoria: In my heart, I know that’s a hell of a fact.

Isabella: Try going through what I have in the past year and tell me I don’t have the “burning desire” that you do. You weren’t the one that was targeted by a psychotic authority figure who had a crush on you. You weren’t the one fighting that battle against her. I was! I was the one that went through hell and back to not just win the fight against her, but to win Civil War and get to this main event. You weren’t the one that was a Camelot flunkie in the past. Granted, there was a point where you were a Slay Revolution reject, but aside from that, unlike me, you’ve had it damn good from the moment you walked through that door in GCW. You didn’t have nearly as big of a hill to climb in this company as I did. You came in, you won the TV title, won Civil War, won the World title… all in a span of what? A few months? It’s taken me YEARS to get to this, Vicky. I know it took you a good while to regain the world championship, I commend you for never giving up on your redemption story, even though you had your moments where you almost did, but you didn’t have to go through nearly as much as I did. Are you going to be the challenge of my career? Most definitely. But every single person that said that I “can’t”, and you just joined that list, by the way, I’ve proven wrong and in one week’s time, I’ll do it again. I’ll prove YOU wrong, most of all, when I claim that title and put the exclamation point on my rise to the top. And you? Well, knowing how emotional you are, no offense, you’re going to hate yourself for a long while. Suffice to say with your recent confidence, if I beat you, I break that confidence. And you know it, don’t you?

[Victoria says nothing, as she’s more focused on keeping her composure.]

Isabella: You said it yourself. Your goal wasn’t just to main event Resurrection again, it was to WIN and to you, losing is a failure… a failure so significant that not even Axl will help you sleep at night.

[The crowd lets out an “OOOOOOH” sound but they end up being surprised when Victoria is unable to keep her composure and flips the table over. This brings a smirk to Isabella’s face.]

Isabella: See? Sensitive.

[Isabella sees the title on the floor and picks it up, walking up to Victoria afterward.]

Isabella: Don’t forget about this… it’s yours… for now!

[Isabella hands Victoria the title and just like last week, pats her on the cheek for a bit… before slapping her across the face. Victoria drops the title and shoves Isabella right on the mat. Isabella gets up and catches Victoria by surprise by jumping right at her and throwing some punches, Victoria responding in kind as a full scale brawl breaks out. Allison Mayberry does the wise thing and gets out of the ring. Victoria gains the upper hand with a knee to the sternum. She then turns her over and sets her up for the Ginger Breaker, but Isabella blocks it and shoves her into the ropes. Victoria bounces back in her direction and Isabella hoists her up and nails her with the Stake! Victoria falls right on the mat in front of the GCW World Championship. She gets to her knees, clutching her chest area around the heart as Isabella grabs the title.]

Isabella: Get used to that painful feeling you’re experiencing in your heart right now, Vicky. Because at Resurrection, you’re going to feel it even worse… when THIS….

[Isabella raises the title in the air.]

Isabella: ...is the very sight you see in front of you when it’s all said and done.

[Isabella drops the microphone and lays the title in front of Victoria before leaving the ring. Victoria is left reeling after taking the Stake as Isabella confidently backs up the ramp. The crowd cheers what just happened as the commentary team begins to wonder if Isabella could very well become the GCW World Champion at Resurrection. Isabella is seen smiling on top of the ramp, looking at Victoria who’s still reeling from the Stake as Shotgun comes to a close.]