Fever 2.08

admin
Site Admin

Fever 2.08

Post by admin » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:12 pm

Fever - August 13th, 2022 (Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina)

Robert Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Summer Collins and DUKE UNIVERSITY GRADUATE Jessica Lasiewicz, the Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions, FABULOUS!!!

"La-a-a-a-a-di-da"

("Rich" by Maren Morris begins to play over the pa system. Summer Collins and Jessica Lasiewicz emerge at the top of the entrance ramp. They are decked out in matching tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleading outfits. This draws some cheers from the audience. Jessica has the GCW World Tag Team Championship belt resting over her right shoulder and the GCW Global Tag Team Championship belt resting over her left shoulder. Summer has both of her undisputed GCW tag team belts wrapped around her waist. In unison, both ladies perform a sultry spin before posing at the top of the ramp as gold glitter starts to rain down. Summer and Jessica, with arrogant grins, begin to make their way down to the ring. Jessica slides in underneath the bottom rope. Summer steps up onto the steel steps and onto the ring apron. Jessica motions to Summer's ass and teases the crowd, asking if they want to see more. A loud roar and then Summer smirks as she very slowly enters the ring, making sure to give the crowd a good show. The women step into the center of the ring and pose one more time as the music dies down.)

Summer: Just like the song says, we are rich…you already know we are absolutely Fabulous…

(She pats the title belts wrapped around her waist.)

Summer: …and we are also the NEW Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions!

(Lasiewicz shoots Summer an angry glare. Collins quickly backs off.)

Jessica: Before my friend here can say anything else, allow me to make something perfectly clear. Summer and I are NOT at all happy with how this came about. Did we want to win the tag team championship at For Glory & Gold? Absolutely. Did we believe that we would win the titles at For Glory & Gold? Absolutely. And do we still believe that, regardless of Karen and Olly’s interference, we still would have gone on to win the tag team championship? Yeah, we believe that too. Unfortunately we will never ever know because of the involvement of K2O. Karen and Olly cost Ana and Skylar the tag team championship. But I can stand here and promise you one thing…Ana and Sky are the number one contenders in our eyes. They get the first shot at these belts, regardless of what The Alan Family or K2O has to say about it.

Summer: Now Julia and Destiny, I really hope you were listening closely to what my bestie Jessie had to say. Because we have heard everything you two had to say lately when it comes to tag team wrestling.

(Summer smirks.)

Summer: You two got a few fluke wins over has-been teams like The McBrides and the Soviets…yeah, they may have been former tag team champions, but the key word is FORMER. They haven’t been anywhere near gold in a long time. And Jess and I have made a career out of kicking their asses. So you two win a handful of flukey tag team matches and suddenly you think you can take on the whole damn world. Destiny thinks she can go on to become X Division Champion and Julia thinks she can become the undisputed GCW World Champion. How did that turn out for you? Not too good, I take it. If you think you are going to use tonight as your rebound then you are sorely mistaken. If you think your failure in the singles ranks means you can just waltz right on into the tag team division and take over then you are sorely mistaken. We run the tag team division, girls. And you are going to find that out the hard way.

Jessica: A great man once said, “When you cleanse yourself of a big victory, you may open yourself up to the opportunity for an even bigger victory.” Coach K said that, you guys may have heard of him?

(The fans roar loudly with cheers. Jessica smirks. Summer rolls her eyes.)

Jessica: The Cameron Crazies know what the hell I’m talking about! For Glory & Gold was a big victory for Summer and myself. But we’ve had to cleanse ourselves of that and put ourselves back into reality. The reality is that we are once again the targets. We are now DEFENDING The titles. And another reality is that we have a lot to prove because of how we won the titles. So you had better believe that we have cleansed ourselves of that huge victory and have refocused on the task at hand, that of being the best damn tag team in the world today. But Julia and Destiny, have you two cleansed yourselves? Honestly, I’m not sure. Destiny, it has been a long time since you got your revenge against Mason Van Stanton. In fact, it has been over a year since you threw Mason Van Stanton off the top of the hell in a cell at Resurrection X, effectively cleansing yourself of your past demons. But what have you done lately? Then there’s Julia Braddock. You certainly cleansed yourself of your past demons. Since being betrayed by Van Stanton you won two straight Civil War Matches and two GCW Global Championships. But then you forgot the lesson of Coach K. You didn’t cleanse yourself of the victory itself?

(She shakes her head.)

Jessica: You became content. You got comfortable. And because of that, you lost the unification match to D’Nae Moore. Now look at you! Look at both of you! Is this an attempt to rebound off of the monumental failure that was For Glory & Gold? If it is that’s fine. I won’t judge. I can appreciate what you two want to do. But you cannot just walk right into someone else’s home turf and expect an easy go of it. Just because you two are former world champions, and Julia the most recent Global Champion, doesn’t mean you are automatically entitled to anything. You have to earn your stripes in OUR tag team division. My cousin Ana and her partner Skylar, they have earned their shot. You two have earned nothing.

(She motions to herself and Summer.)

Jessica: Fabulous…WE ARE THE GATEKEEPERS of the tag team division! We built this tag team division and we will guard this gate with our lives! In order to get what you want, you have to go through us! And just because you had some success in the singles ranks doesn’t mean you get anything handed to you in the tag team ranks. You may get to fight us tonight, you get to fight the champions tonight, but this is your one and only gift. And trust me, this “gift” will not be generous whatsoever. We are going to beat you down, hurt you, and teach you a lesson about respecting the team who built this division. We are going to beat you back down into reality and then you will have to start at the very bottom of the pile.

Summer: Which is where you belong….at the bottom…at our feet. And that, ladies, will be absolutely FABULOUS!

=====================================================================

Jonathan Scarborough vs. Ultrawolf
[Ultrawolf comes charging from the back down the ramp and into the ring. He runs the ropes for no apparent reason, stopping occasionally to shake them violently. After Jonathan Scarborough has had enough he hits Ultrawolf with a running clothesline. Scarborough with a rolling neck breaker and then an enziguri. Scarborough connects with The Mighy Defeated. Instead of covering he takes aim as Ultrawolf pulls himself up. Signal Disruption by Scarborough! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Jonathan Scarborough

Scarborough rolls off his opponent as the referee approaches to raise his arm. He pulls away and hollers to the referee, pointing to the timekeeper’s table. Confused, the referee moves towards the corners, receiving Scarborough’s jacket and sunglasses from the timekeeper, while Scarborough rolls out of the ring, taking the microphone. He slaps on the top a few times before speaking…

Scarborough: “Now THAT was cool…”

He laughs as he rolls under the bottom ropes.

Scarborough: “See, now your boy Jonathan Scarobough… I ain’t going to be taking thing lying down anymore. That Canadian strong style game? It’s over now. It didn’t get me where it could… no… SHOULD have, so now I’m going to take matters into my own hand… hold on…”

Scarborough holds the mic down, motioning for the referee to open his jacket. After a few moments of hesitation, the referee does as instructed. Scarborough places the microphone on the mat as he slides his arms into his sleeves, receiving his jacket. As he flips it up onto his shoulders, he takes the sunglasses from the referee before picking up the mic once more.

Scarborough: “What you’re in for now is a whole new Jonathan Scarborough. I’m going to become more than just the King of Fever… I’m going to become something that every other person in GCW with an X and a Y chromosome seems unwilling to reach for… I’m going to do what nobody else wants to do… I’m going to stand up and be THE MAN!”

He tosses the mic to the referee, who luckily catches the piece of equipment, before shooting finger guns his way. His music starts again as he throws his arms in the air, strutting around the ring.

Backstage we find GCW journalist Janelle St. Claire standing next to Angelica Jones, who is smartly attired in a black skirt suit and black high heels. A stoic gaze is etched across the face of Angelica Jones.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen, I am now being joined by the General Manager of Fever, thirteen time former World Champion Angelica Jones. Thank you for your time, Angelica, especially on a night when you are hard at work.

Angel: It’s my pleasure, Janelle. But you’re right, I am hard at work, so if you don’t mind…

Janelle nods her head.

Janelle: Of course. I was hoping to get an update on your sister’s condition?

Angel: She suffered a neck injury but lucky for her it was just a bad stinger and not a break like we were all fearing. Kayla is in recovery mode now. Doctors are expecting her to be out for several months but she plans to beat that timeline and return earlier. You know me and my sister, right? We’re both stubborn. We won’t quit. And she definitely won’t let anything Aubrianna Powers did keep her away from doing what she loves.

Janelle: Speaking of Powers, she is facing Kimberly Williams tonight in a death match. Some are surprised that Kim is getting this match and that you aren’t taking the match yourself.

Jones sighs.

Angel: I won’t lie, I would love to tear Powers apart. But I am the General Manager of Fever. I have a job to do, Janelle, and I cannot just physically attack one of the wrestlers, even if she deserves it. Besides, Kim requested this match and I have no problem granting her request. If Powers really is serious about proving herself, let’s see her survive the Queen of the Death Match in an actual death match.

Angelica turns and walks off.

Mariah Starr vs. Crystal Swift
[Mariah with a hip toss, an arm drag, and a spinning heel kick. Crystal with a clothesline and a superkick. Crystal goes for a suplex but Mariah floats over and strikes a lung blower. Mariah with The Greatest Leg Drop for a cover and a two. Mariah connects with Kick Me Deadly. Another cover and a two and a half. Mariah with Starr Struck. She goes to the top and connects with The Brightest Star. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Mariah Starr

Backstage at the parking area we find GCW journalist Dexter Russell pacing back and forth like a caged lion, or more accurately like a very nervous caged lion. Dexter is nervous because his wife, Aubrianna Powers, still has yet to arrive at the arena. Just then a long black limousine pulls up next to him. Dexter sighs with relief, sensing that this is his wife. The back door opens and sure enough, The Most Valuable Powers exits. She is decked out in a long sleeve little black dress and heels. Her Zion Trios Championship Title belt is draped over her right shoulder.

Dexter: Aubrey! Where have you been?!

Aubrianna: Oh hi, Dex! Have you come to interview me, today? I thought that was going to be Janice’s job since you’re all super concerned about journalistic integrity.

Dexter: I’m not here to interview you…and yes, Janice is still interviewing you…I’m here because you are late.

Powers rolls her eyes.

Aubrianna: I suppose the boss, Angelica Jones, was worried that I wouldn’t show up so that her freak daughter could maim me, am I right?

The MVP smirks.

Aubrianna: The joke is on her. I’m gonna maim Kimberly.

Dexter: Aubrey, you went too far.

Aubrianna: You’re overreacting, Dex. All I did was force certain people to take notice of me. This was nothing personal against the Jones family. I don’t care about any of them. This was just to force Silverstone to notice me. Ultimately she is all about two thing…ratings and cash. What I did to Kayla Jones caused the ratings to shoot up and will definitely bring in cash, just because want to see what I do next. Silverstone will have no choice but to respect me, or at least give me the opportunities I deserve.

Powers turns and walks off. Dexter follows suit.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page is with Veronica Taylor, Marisol Vilaro, Emmalee, and Jessica Anderson as they arrive in their locker room of the Cameron Indoor Arena in Durham, North Carolina.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Look at this! This phenomenal new era of GCW is bubbling and the people standing before you are at the very core of this uprising. For over a year now I have sat back and witnessed GCW stuck in the mud. Those who have been complacent in the same position racking up privilege after privilege without doing much. Now my friends and I are over the same old same old that GCW has to offer.

Veronica Taylor:It is disgusting how those in the position of power try to grasp onto their spots.
Marisol Vilaro:The power that we will be taking from each and everyone of these has beens or never was.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Damn right, ladies. Tonight Vero, Clyde, and I will easily walk through our match tonight because we have bigger and better things to focus on.

Marisol Vilaro:Like solidifying our takeover of GCW.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Exactly, Mari, because as we all know that I have the GCW World Championship earmarked as being mine. While I am becoming the next World Champion these ladies right here along with Clyde will get all the GCW gold. The Heritage Championship, the X-Division Championship, and the World Tag Team Championships will be in our camp very soon because we are the diamonds in the rough of GCW. Simply because we are better then all of you.

Jessica Anderson vs. Jodi Jennings
[Jessica with a spinning heel kick, another spinning heel kick, and then a one-handed bulldog. A shining wizard to Jodi. The cover and a two count. Jessica with an Ass Kisser sends Jodi tumbling to the outside. Jessica attempts a plancha over the top but Jodi moves out of the way and Jessica hits nothing but the thinly covered concrete floor. Jodi rolls her back into the ring to follow up. Jodi with a lariat and then a whip into a corner followed by a stinger splash. Jodi with a snap suplex floats over into the cover and gets a two. Jodi goes for a superkick but Jessica catches the foot, spins her around, and connects with a back stabber. The cover but Jodi kicks out at two and a half. Jessica goes for a pile driver but Jodi back drops out of it. Jodi with a superkick. Jodi with a springboard lionsault. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Jodi Jennings

Aria Stevens-Crawford vs. Lynn Bradley
[Aria with a hip toss, another hip toss, and then an arm drag into a deep arm bar. Lynn fights back to her feet. Lynn hip tosses out of it. Lynn goes for a clothesline but Aria ducks and connects with a Russian leg sweep. Aria applies a fujiwara arm bar. Lynn reaches the ropes after about a minute in the hold. Aria with a step up enziguri and then a shoulder breaker. Aria with a double wristlock bridging suplex for a cover but Lynn kicks out at two. Aria strikes a ddt. She goes for a moonsault but Lynn gets the knees up. Lynn goes for a spear but Aria avoids contact and Lynn’s shoulder is slammed into the steel ring post. Vipress Sonata! She applies Magnum Opus to Lynn Bradley. Lynn taps out.]
WINNER: Aria Stevens-Crawford

Six Person Tornado Tag
Kowloon vs. The Atari Brothers
[Akeem with a bicycle kick to Donkey Kong and Savino with a belly to belly overhead suplex to Pacman. MAEVE with a superkick to Q-Bert and then Hiroshima. Akeem hoists Pacman up on his shoulders and MAEVE comes off with a doomsday device! Donkey Kong charges in but runs right into a 3D from Akeem and Savino. MAEVE with Chernobyl to Q-Bert. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Kowloon

We cut backstage where we find the original and first ever Hall of Fame journalist in GCW history (just ask her if you don’t believe her) Janice King. Next to the highly decorated journalist is one-third of the reigning Zion Trios Champions Aubrianna Powers. The Most Valuable Powers has changed into her wrestling gear and looks ready to compete.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, Janice King here reminding you that I was the first ever journalist to be inducted into the Hall of Fame and quite frankly, it should have remained that way. And my guest at this time is facing quite a tall task ahead of her, and her name is Aubrianna Powers.

The MVP smirks knowingly.

Aubrianna: A tall task, Janice? Oh c’mon, you would think you people would have learned not to underestimate me by now. Trinity humiliated the Heroes For Hire not once, not twice, but three times to become the new Zion Trios Champion. Then the very next day, I would damn near break Kayla Jones’s neck, certainly putting her out of action for a very long time. I’ve been on a roll, Janice. The momentum is clearly on my side and I am going to ride it back to the top, where I belong, and it starts with the freak tonight.

Janice: Yes but some would point out that you had help in your recent accomplishments, including your reign as GCW Global Tag Team Champion alongside my bestie Chantelle Chambers.

Aubrianna: My bestie too. But guess what? I am capable of winning on my own. And that’s what will happen tonight. Because I already heard the talk backstage. I heard that Angelica Jones banned Trinity from this match. It will be just me and Kimberly in the death match.

The MVP nods her head.

Aubrianna: That’s how I want it. I’m going to prove that I am still just as dangerous as ever and just as good as ever. I will beat Kimberly at her own game. This isn’t any kind of punishment for what I did to Kayla Jones. Angelica may have planned it that way but this isn’t punishment. This is a reward. This is going exactly as I had planned. I want to take tonight’s win, the win against Kayla at For Glory & Gold, and shove it all in the face of Silverstone and force her to give me the opportunities I deserve. I mean, think about it, we have a new GCW World Champion. Right?

Janice: Yes. D’Nae Moore. But there is already a number one contender, Danielle Page.

Aubrianna: Of course and I would not want to take that title shot away from Page. However, maybe I could get the next opportunity? Maybe I could be…oh I dunno…number two contender? Whoever wins between Moore and Page, I got next. And then I can become a three time GCW World Champion. Or how about Mara Kade or SIN, the new X Division and Heritage Champions? I could win one of those belts. Point is, Janice, I deserve to be back on top of the world. And I am going to remind Silverstone and the entire world of that here tonight. You can all just learn to love it, bitches.

“1…2…Kimmy’s coming for you…”

We open at the ready area. Kimberly is pacing back and forth. A sinister grin is etched across her face. She is dressed in her wrestling gear and has her HKW Bloodlust and Unsanctioned Title belts all with her wrapped around her waist.

“3…4…can’t run anymore…”

Kim stops and points at the camera.

“5…6…I’m going to tear Powers apart so badly that she cannot be fixed!”

The Woman Scorned throws her head back and laughs nastily.

“7…8…I’m so full of hate…”

She shakes her head.

“9…10…you’re finished, you’re beaten again.” Kimberly smirks. “Y’know, Powers, I actually believe you that this wasn’t personal. I believe you when you say that you were just trying to send a message and hell, I can appreciate that. I’ve done lots of crazy shit in my day just in the name of sending a message.”

“I urinated on a title belt! I kidnapped and tortured four people! All in the name of trying to get myself out a world title match that I didn’t want! Now how crazy is that? I do all that work to get out of a world title match, while most would kill for a title match? So if you want crazy, I’m your girl.”

“But you made a critical mistake. Your mistake was that you used my family to send your message. I cannot let that go unpunished. Tonight you pay for your sins, Powers.”

Falls Count Anywhere Death Match
Kimberly Williams vs. Aubrianna Powers
[Kimberly doesn’t arrive when her music plays. Aubrianna demands the referee ring the bell and then declare her the winner. The bell rings to start the match…and then Kim descends from the rafters landing in the ring behind Aubrianna. Kim with a shot to the throat, a superkick, and a spinning heel kick. Kim with a lariat and then a high back drop that sends Powers over the top and to the outside. Kim with a suicide dive over the top taking out The MVP. The Woman Scorned reaches underneath the ring and produces an…infinity gauntlet? She places it on her hand and decks Powers with a vicious right! Kim mounts Aubrey and rains down rights with the gauntlet. Kim slingshots Powers sending her face first into the steel ring post. Powers is busted open. Kim reaches back underneath the ring and produces…Wasley the penguin! She swings Wasley but Powers ducks and Kim strikes the ring post. Powers boots Kim in the gut, grabs Wasley, and then hits Kim in the face with Wasley. Powers applies The Ties That Bind. Kim refuses to give in. After about a minute Kim manages to counter out of it. The MVP rakes her eyes and then plants her with a ddt on the outside. Aubrey retrieves the ring bell. She swings and decks Kim in the head. She covers…1…2…Kickout!]

[Aubrey clears off the French Announce Table. She picks Kim up and places her on top. Aubrey sets Kim for a pile driver but Kim fights out of it. Kim sets Powers up and drills her with a pedigree through the French Announce table, shades of her mother Angelica Jones! Kim pulls Aubrianna up and rolls her into the ring. Kim reaches underneath the ring and produces a bag. She brings the bag into the ring and pours its contents out onto the mat…thumb tacks and broken glass! Kim throws a right at Powers, staggering towards the tacks and glass, and another, and another. Kim throws another but Powers catches it, turns her around, and drops her with a reverse ddt onto the tacks and glass! Powers with Simply The Best Moonsault! The cover…1…2…3NO! Kim gets a shoulder up! Powers waits as Kim slowly pulls herself up. Aubrey goes for The Most Valuable Kick but Kim catches the foot and snaps off a dragon screw. Kim steps through and turns her over into Scorned. Powers fights through to the ropes. After about a minute she reaches the ropes. But Kim doesn’t let go! She cannot be disqualified, it IS A death match! Powers struggles mightily and eventually pulls herself outside the ring, forcing the break. Kim waits as Powers pulls herself up, not realizing that Powers has found a chair underneath the ring. Kim goes for another suicide dive but Powers gets the chair up onto her head and face! Powers covers…1…2…3NO! Kim gets a shoulder up!]

[Powers is furious. She mounts Kim and rains down the right hands. Kim manages to kick her off. They meet on the floor and trade rights and lefts. Kim backs Powers up the ramp with her rights and lefts. Referee Denika Hartwell follows them. Kim with a charging lou thesz press onto Powers! Aubrey kicks her off. Aubrey charges and Kim with a high back body drop onto the steel ramp. Kim pulls Powers up but Powers pokes her in the eye and then plants her with a ddt on the steel ramp. Aubrey staggers through the curtain and towards the back. Kim pulls herself back up. Kim grabs referee Denika Hartwell and drags her along in pursuit of Powers.]

[To be continued?]

We cut backstage. We are near the ready area. “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter steps out into view fully dressed in his black wrestling trunks, black boots, and black knee pads. He is wearing a black trench coat. He has his MWE Riot Championship title belt wrapped around his waist. A confident, smug grin is etched across his face.

Clyde: Time is the author of all things. There are those who believe that they can author their own fate, that they themselves have the power to control their destiny.

He shakes his head.

Clyde: They are all wrong. People like Alexander Jones thought he could control his own destiny with hired guns watching his back. As it turns out, my client, Ms. Page, hired a mercenary of her own, the very best as it were, a mercenary who also happens to be The Assassin and the lone executioner for time itself. It was Page’s time to challenge for the GCW World Championship, not yours, Mr. Jones, that is why I came out to ensure your friend Brodie could not intervene. It wasn’t personal, it was just business. The same can be said of Ms. Moore, our new GCW World Champion.

He applauds.

Clyde: Congratulations on your success. Enjoy it while it lasts because time has designated that your reign shall be a short lived one. Time has designated that you shall be a transitional paper champion, just hanging onto the title long enough so that Ms. Page can claim it as her own. Now I am certain you are watching this tonight. You probably wish to scout your next challenger. You wish to see what she can do tonight against Ms. Lorraine, Ms. Diaz, and The Enigma. You do your homework like the good student you are.

He shakes his head.

Clyde: But it will all be in vain. Nothing you can do can help you. Just like there is NOTHING our opposition can do to save them from the utter destruction that they face tonight. Tick, tock…tick, tock…

[When we last left Kimberly Williams and Aubrianna Powers…]

We cut backstage where the match between Kim and Aubrey exchanging right hands in the concessions area. Kim smashes Powers face through a glass window of a popcorn machine. Kim with a snap suplex and then floats over into a cover…1…2…3NO! Powers kicks out!

Kim: The best part of wakin’ up…IS FOLGERS IN YOUR CUP!

Kim takes a cup of coffee from a nearby fan and pours it on Aubrey who shrieks in pain. Kim pulls Aubrey back to her feet. She whips her into a metal door. Kim charges in but Powers moves out of the way and Kim slams into the metal door. Powers with a side Russian leg sweep to Kim. The MVP picks Kim up and drags to a nearby door which reads “Restrooms”. She throws her through the door. Many people inside are there using the bathroom and immediately rush out. Powers picks Kim up and smashes her face first through a mirror, shattering it into many pieces.

Aubrianna: Seven years bad luck, bitch!

Powers through her into a stall. She shoves Kim’s head in the toilet and tries to drown her. Kim is struggling for something in her wrestling tights. Powers keeps shoving her face in the toilet water. Kim produces a staple gun! She uses it on Aubrey’s…ass! Aubrey staggers back in pain! Kim stands atop the toilet and then leaps off with a cross body of sorts onto Powers for a cover…1…2…3NO! Powers kicks out! Kim pulls Aubrey back up. She goes for a scoop slam but Powers slips out from behind and strikes a reverse ddt. Powers slowly starts crawling away. She gets to the door and uses the handle to pull herself up. She turns around and Kim has already staggered her way back to her feet. Powers turns and runs off and Kim again gives chase.

[To be continued?]

Six Person Tornado Tag
Danielle Page, Clyde Sutter, Veronica Taylor vs. Allison Lorraine, Carmen Diaz, & The Enigma
[Allison and Carmen start off fast with springboard cross body blocks onto Danielle and Veronica. Enigma does the same but unfortunately Sutter catches her in mid-air and converts into The Cruciform Slam. He throws her to the outside. Allison with a head scissors takedown to Page. Allison goes for a Ferocious Fate but Page counters into a neck breaker followed by a Princess Kick. Veronica with a snap suplex to Carman. Veronica holds Carmen so Page can get some shots in. Sutter with a buckle bomb onto Enigma sending her spine first onto the steel ring post. Allison peels Veronica off and trades with her. Page and Carmen trade rights as well. Sutter in and waits. Page pokes Carmen in the eyes and spins her around…Unforgiven from Sutter turns Carmen inside out! Veronica with Beauty Improvement to Allison. Page with Diamonds Are Forever to Allison. Sutter then finishes the job with Judge, Jury, and Executioner. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Danielle Page, Clyde Sutter, Veronica Taylor

Dexter Russell is backstage next to Marie Jones. The Phoenix has a big grin on her face and is dressed in a knee length black skirt, black open toed high heel pumps, a red silk blouse, and a black leather jacket.

Dexter: Well here I am backstage alongside my guest at this time, “The Phoenix” Marie Jones. Uh, it is Marie, isn’t it?

She chuckles.

Marie: Fair question. But yes, it is me. Kim and I have been known to trade places on occasion but there are two reasons you can know it is me. First, Kim is WAY better at convincing people that she is me than I am at convincing people that I am her. I’m awful at it. She’s got being me down to an artform. Second, I would not set foot in the death match environment. That’s Kim’s game. So you can rest assured that it is Kim out there beating the hell out of your wife. Speaking of which, this must be incredibly awkward for you. I mean, my sister and your wife are trying to destroy one another.

Dexter sighs.

Dexter: Yes, I am aware of this, Marie.

Marie: Of course I don’t think I need to worry about Kim’s well being. These past few months she has been killing it, defending the HKW Bloodlust Championship right and left, winning the SCW Underground Championship from Konrad Raab, defending it at Rise To Greatness, and now this! But Aubrey? All she’s done is pick fights with my family. Which isn’t working well for her, is it?

Dexter: I think I will decline to comment on my wife.

Marie: As you should, because you have integrity. So then, what question did you have for me?

Dexter: Well, the last time we saw you and your sister Kim in tag team action you decimated The Ginger Bitches. What is next for you and Kim?

Jones nods her head.

Marie: Great question. Now Dexter, I fully admit that I did mistreat them. I bullied them and intimidated them. I don’t deserve anyone’s sympathies and maybe I deserved to get a little bullying from Allison and Carmen. Maybe I deserved a little taste of my own medicine? I can agree with all of that. But the problem is they kept it up. They kept poking a bear and they had no idea they were even doing it. I was prepared to take every bit of their bullying and abuse because I knew I deserved it. But they didn’t realize that my sister was watching. They didn’t understand that my sister would snap and go off on them for targeting her family. Family is very important to Kim. Just look at what she is willing to put herself through tonight in order to get revenge on behalf of our aunt Kayla. Now again, I was willing to drop this whole thing but Kim thought their bullying went too far. She wanted us to get some revenge. And I think we got that revenge, wouldn’t you agree?

Dexter: And then some, yes.

Marie: Exactly. Now as far as I’m concerned, Allison and Carmen and the Ginger Bitches are all behind me. They are in the past. We are done with them. And as for the future, well that could be anything. Wait and see.

Marie walks off.

We are back in the luxury sky box where GCW Owner Glory Braddock, Minority Shareholder CEO and Chairwoman of the Board of Directors Aurora Alan, and Corporate President Francis Taylor are all gathered watching the proceedings of tonight’s Fever. Suddenly the door to their luxury box flings open and Kimberly comes flying in unexpectedly. Powers marches in behind.

Aubrianna: Not too tough are you, huh?

Powers picks up a portrait of Coach K. She watches as Kim pulls herself up. She smashes the picture over Kim’s head. Powers quickly covers…1…2…3NO! Powers pulls Kim back up and body slams her through a glass table. Again The MVP covers, hooking both legs this time…1…2…3NO! Kim gets a shoulder up!

Aubrianna: Why won’t you quit?!

Powers turns towards the three women in charge.

Aubrianna: Are you watching this?! Angelica Jones, YOUR GENERAL MANAGER, booked this match as punishment! She’s too much of a coward to face me so she sent her stupid daughter after me! The so-called Queen of the Death Match? Well look at your queen now!

While Powers is ranting she doesn’t notice Kim rifling through the shards of glass of the broken table. She finds one.

Kim: STABBY! STABBY!

Indeed. Kim stabs Aubrey in the ass, right where the staple went earlier! Kim pulls herself up and then starts throwing right hands backing Aubrey up. Kim charges in and delivers Shadowblade, flooring Powers! Unfortunately Kim is almost just as winded as Powers. Kim manages to drape an arm across Aubrey’s body eventually for the cover…1…2…3NO! Aubrey had enough time to recover and get a shoulder up! Kim laughs nastily.

Kim: Oh you are tougher than I thought!

She slaps Aubrey across the face.

Kim: You hung in there with my aunt Kayla at For Glory & Gold. And you’re pushing me to my limit tonight. Hell, I actually have some respect for you after tonight, bitch. You could have probably beaten Kayla without Trinity. But you had to pull that stunt and try to break her neck. Now I break something of yours.

Williams pulls Powers up and drags her away…

[To be continued?]

Miss America vs. Karina Lysenko
[The bell rings. Karina immediately starts shouting about the virtues of communism. Miss America slaps her and then drops her with Fireworks. Miss America with an American Leg Sweep. Red, White, Black, and Blue Kick. The cover but Karina kicks out. Miss America goes for a suplex but Karina floats over and then lands a belly to back suplex. Karina with a superkick. She goes for a springboard moonsault but Miss America gets her knees up. Fireworks by Miss America. The American Dream. Karina slowly passes out. The referee calls for the bell.]
WINNER: Miss America

We cut backstage where we find GCW journalist Janelle St. Claire. This evening she finds herself with “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock, who is already dressed for action in her black tights, pink thigh length skirt, matching pink top, and pink and black kick boots. Her long blonde hair cascades to flow freely past the shoulders. Next to Julia is her tag team partner for the evening, the lovely Destiny Skye, who is dressed in a two piece black wrestling gear with black boots. A look of confidence is etched across both their faces.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen, as always with the BEST OF THE BEST scoops in all of journalism, your first ever Hall of Fame journalist Janelle St. Claire here with a woman who has lost her last two matches in Destiny Skye and another woman who utterly failed at For Glory & Gold to become the GCW World Champion, Julia Braddock and…

Destiny gets nose to nose with Janelle.

Destiny: What’s the deal, bitch? Trying to get your cheap heat by stirring the pot? Is that what you’re reduced to now that you have no more friends?

Janelle: I mean…

Destiny: Your one and only friend, Chantelle, is gone. No one cares that you are a Hall of Fame Journalist. So yeah, keep stirring the pot but I’m warning you, it won’t get you anywhere.

Janelle gulps nervously.

Janelle: Uh, ok…well, earlier tonight the new GCW World Tag Team Champions kicked off the show and had some strong words for you ahead of your non-title match against them tonight. Do you have any response?

Destiny: Now there’s a good girl.

Destiny smirks and turns to face the camera.

Destiny: Yeah, we heard everything Jessica and Summer had to say. They’re stirring the shit pot too, by talking about how me and Jules haven’t exactly been on top of the world lately. That’s their spin, at least. And I will be the first to admit that I haven’t done much since Resurrection X when I helped my girls Hannah and Kendra to dispose of Mason Van Stanton once and for all. I could talk about how close I came to becoming X Division Champion but then again, close isn’t good enough. The bad luck I have had is enough to make anyone wanna quit. But I am NOT a quitter. Neither is Jules. Sure, I failed to become X Division Champion. I lost to Derek Powers at For Glory & Gold. And Jules lost the world title unification match. But to think that this is just some sort of damned rebound attempt is insanity. She and I have been teaming for months now. This team right here, SkyeLife, it has been a dream of ours since before we debuted, since we were both students at her dad’s wrestling academy. Lately we have been talking to Silverstone and Angelica, the General Managers, and we have made it clear that any chance we get we want to team up. We aren’t sure where the hell this will take us. It’s kind of exciting, come to think of it, just the journey itself. And who knows, down the line maybe it will lead to the GCW World Tag Team Championship?

She shakes her head.

Destiny: But we’re not here to skip the line. That’s what you two do, isn’t it? You two DID manage to interject yourselves into the tag title match at For Glory & Gold. How convenient, eh? Bad luck for your pals SkyBird, though. See? I know how to stir the shit pot too.

Julia: Like Destiny said, we aren’t here to jump ahead of the line. We definitely do not want anything handed to us. What Destiny and I want is to be challenged by whatever teams Silverstone and Jones can find. It just happens that Fever GM Angelica Jones decided to give us the single biggest challenge of our young tenure as a tag team…facing the Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions. You mocked our victories over The McBride Corporation, Twin Magic, and The Soviet Gingers. But all three of those held the same titles you currently hold. I think we have more than proven ourselves as a worthy opponent. And maybe after tonight when we shock the world and pin your asses to the mat, we will have earned your respect too.

Braddock looks over at Janelle.

Julia: Anything else?

Janelle: Actually, yes! This bitter rivalry between you and Kelsai, the now former GCW World Champion, a feud that began at The End of the Year Bash, is it really over?

Braddock chuckles.

Julia: I had a lot to say about her already at For Glory & Gold. If you recall I said I didn’t hold any grudge against her for what she did to me at The Bash. She cheated to beat me but I got my revenge at Resurrection XI. She’s the one who continued to hold onto that grudge even past Resurrection. She’s the one who refused to move on. Now at For Glory & Gold, both me and Kelsai lost our titles. And once again, I still say that as far as I’m concerned, I no longer have any grudge against her. So is this over? It could be. But that depends upon Kelsai and if she is willing to drop this insanity. But if she still wants to fight me then I’m not hard to find and I will gladly punch her in the face and choke her unconscious again, just like I did at Resurrection and at For Glory & Gold.

Braddock and Destiny turn and walk off.

Backstage at the ready area we see Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins, the current GCW World Tag Team Champions, decked out in matching tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleading outfits. Summer looks thoroughly confident in their chances tonight, she has a big smirk on her face. Lasiewicz, on the other hand, looks a little frustrated.

Summer: I don’t know what you’re so upset about, Jess. We are the tag team champions. That’s what you wanted, wasn’t it?

Jessica: Yes I wanted this…you wanted this…we BOTH wanted this…

Lasiewicz shakes her head.

Jessica: But this isn’t how I wanted to win.

Collins shrugs her shoulders.

Summer: Shit happens. It isn’t our fault Karen and Olly stuck their nose in our business.

Jessica: But we benefited from it. And I don’t like it. I will do whatever I can to make this up to my cousin and Skylar, and right now the only thing I can think of is to make sure they are the number one contenders to our titles.

Summer sighs and nods her head.

Summer: That’s fine, whatever, but we don’t need to worry about them tonight. Our concern should be Julia Braddock and Destiny Skye. Those two have been trying to stick their nose into our tag team division lately and that can’t stand. Imagine if they were to beat us tonight?

Jessica: Yeah and that’s another thing that has me concerned. See, at For Glory & Gold Leviticus was supposed to make sure there was no outside interference from The Alan Family. He did that job but he wasn’t counting on K2O getting involved. Now Levi isn’t even here tonight.

Summer: I hear he’s working on our movie deal.

Lasiewicz rolls her eyes.

Jessica: He SHOULD be here, damn it! Because when we defeat Braddock and Destiny, I do not want it to be because of more outside interference. I do not want K2O coming down to further invalidate our reign. I do not want any of Braddock’s enemies coming down to interfere. I want to win be cause we were the better team. Understand?

Collins nods her head.

Summer: I understand. But you know, there’s not much we can do about it. We can just do our job and that’s all we can do. So let’s go out there and kick some ass, ok?

Jessica: Fine by me.

Non-Title
Fabulous vs. SkyeLife
[Jessica and Julia kick things off for their respective teams. The two technically proficient wrestlers start off with chain wrestling. Neither gives an inch and it ends in a standoff. Jessica tags out first to Summer followed by Julia tagging to Destiny. These two tie up and Summer immediately goes to a waist lock. Destiny elbows her in the face breaking the grip and then backs her up with a series of rights and lefts. Destiny with a flapjack and a flying forearm. Destiny with a snap suplex and a whip into the corner. Destiny with a stinger splash. Tag to Julia…a stinger splash. Tag back in to Destiny….stinger splash! The Never Ending Story continues four more times causing Summer to drop to the mat. Braddock covers and gets a two. Julia with a Full Nelson suplex. She drops an elbow, a second elbow, a third elbow, curtsies and then drops a fourth elbow. Braddock then locks in a sharpshooter. Summer reaches the ropes after about a minute in the hold. Braddock goes to lock it in again but Summer counters by kicking her in the butt, sending her towards the Fabulous corner where Jessica gets a shot in staggering Julia. Summer with Summer’s End, the sleeper neck breaker. Summer tags out to Jessica.]

[Jessica applies a figure four on Julia to the ring post. Referee Jose Diaz warns Jessica. When she doesn’t release it he begins his count…1….2…3…4…Jessica breaks just before the fatal 5 count. Jessica slides back into the ring. Jessica with a dragon screw. She tags back out to Summer. Summer locks in a single leg crab. After about a minute Braddock reaches the ropes. Summer tags out to Jessica. Summer and Jessica set Julia up and connect with Deadly Disrespect! The cover by Jessica but Destiny is in to break it up before the three. Referee Diaz rushes Destiny out of the ring. Jessica uses the opportunity to reapply the figure four to the ring post on Julia. The hold is applied for several seconds before Diaz sees this. He begins his count again…1….2…3…4…Jessica breaks just before the fatal 5 count. Lasiewicz attempts to apply the figure four but Julia counters with a small package…Jessica kicks out just before three. Jessica pops back up and attempts Pure Deformation but Braddock counters with The Vow of Chastity! Julia could ordinarily cover here but she cannot due to the pain! She crawls towards her corner and Jessica crawls towards hers. They make simultaneous tags! Destiny and Summer are in! Destiny with a lariat! Destiny with a superkick! She climbs to the top rope. Jessica rushes in to intercept and Destiny leaps off and connects with Skye High to Jessica! Summer comes up from behind and snaps off a German suplex with a bridge but Destiny kicks out at two! Summer measures Destiny as she pulls herself up. Summer goes for The Stock Market Crash but Destiny counters into The Destiny Cutter! The cover but Lasiewicz places Summer’s foot on the bottom rope. Jessica leaps in and drops Destiny with Our Lady Peace.]

[Jessica returns to her corner and begs for the tag. Destiny crawls towards her corner. Summer tags out to Jessica and Destiny makes the tag to Julia Braddock. Jessica goes for Our Lady Peace but Julia avoids it, kicks her in the gut, and drills her with Ex-Communication. Braddock with Cult of Personality to Jessica. Julia covers but Summer breaks it up. Julia clotheslines Summer up over the top and to the outside. Braddock with a plancha over the top onto Collins! Jessica attempts to grab at Julia but Destiny spins her around. Destiny and Jessica trade rights and lefts. Jose Diaz is distracted with the fight going on inside the ring. Julia Braddock with Chastisement onto Summer on the outside. Suddenly Kelsai jumps the railing. Kelsai Mason has a lead pipe in her hand and uses it against Julia’s already injured leg! She rolls Julia back into the ring. Destiny saw it but the referee didn’t. Destiny slides out of the ring and chases Kelsai to the back. This leaves Julia open to an attack from Jessica. Lasiewicz with Pure Deformation to Braddock. She applies the Four Card Trick! Braddock withstands the agony and pain as long as she can, a little over one minute, before finally tapping out.]
WINNERS: Fabulous

Unaired Footage - GCW Glory and Gold

There was a short montage playing out, dating back to early on in the year, beginning with Civil War 2022. It was laser focused on the GCW debut of Anastasia Starling, showing the surprising and massively well received appearance of the Krakow Native in the most gruelling match in Global Championship Wrestling history. It showed all her dazzling eliminations, before finishing off with her celebrated third place finish, matching the finish of her own Uncle in 2003, but she couldn't quite replicate his 2004 or 2014 victories.

Then footage cut to Starling in action, the young veteran signing on to continue in GCW after winning a Tag Team Championship opportunity. The victories began piling up, but the roll of film kept focusing on the crowd, showing clips that hadn't been picked up on GCW screens on the events themselves. In the crowd for all those matches was none other than Skylar Rayner, smiling in the audience and cheering in her friend.

As the montage continued on, it showed Skylar jumping the crowd to aid her friend and ally from attack, followed by the announcement that Anastasia had chosen her longtime tag partner in the Underground as her partner, while many had expected her to team with her cousin, the former World Champion Jessica Lasiewicz. Clips then played of Sky and Ana building up victories, all until the Alan Family conned them out of their title chance only a few months ago. This was followed by the recent battles that included them teaming with Fabulous. As this footage cut away to an advertisement for the mammoth Triple Threat Tag Team Championship match, the clip cut to backstage, showing both Skylar Rayner and Anastasia Starling side by side.

Anastasia Starling: Here we are. Take two, I guess. We were fired up and ready last time around, more than ready. But the Alan Family just couldn't break their family tradition by earning something for once in their lives. They have always been con artists, always gone for the cheap win and the cheaper actions.

Starling was not wearing her traditional red and white of Poland tonight, instead electing for a royal purple attire, accented with a dazzling golden katana upon her right leg, and silver eagle wings on her arms. There were images of clouds down her other leg as well, clearly in tribute to her tag team partner, and she had her Underground Tornado Championship belt around her waist.

Anastasia Starling: I'll be the first to admit, we maybe should have been a little more ready for that. I'll also be the first to say that I was damn well furious with not only how it played out, but the decisions that followed it. But we have been calm, collected, done our job and waited for our two on two opportunity that was promised to us…

Folding her arms, she lolled her head to the side, her natural curls bouncing.

Anastasia Starling: … But that wasn't to be either, was it?

Ana gazed over at Skylar, affectionately squeezing her tag partner's hand as she gazed at her, before she turned back to the camera.

Anastasia Starling: They said this was our shot and ours alone. Even my cousin Jessica said that her and Summer would be happy to wait and face us afterwards. But that wasn't to be, and Fabulous have steamrolled their way into this match. With a team of that quality, it doesn't surprise me. But this all seems to be a case that my cousin wanted gold, but not necessarily tag gold, which is what we've been seeking since the very start.

Starling took a step forward, leaning over to stare into the camera lens with those big greens and blues of hers, the camera focusing right in on them as she sang her tune, her voice so sweet and filled with rhythm.

Anastasia Starling: Jessie, I love you and adore you. GCW is practically your home federation. Your major successes, your biggest victories, they have mostly been here. You even claimed the top prize in this company by defeating my late father… But you made it abundantly clear that you were simply after gold, and it didn't matter what good it was. Whether it was the top prize, whether it was one of the specialist titles… But instead, you began chasing the tag titles… Now, what I noticed was that you and Summer made your decision very shortly after I selected Skylar as my partner. I vaguely remember even referencing that I might select you as my partner to chase the titles, Jessie… Did you make this decision because I didn't?

Starling looked over to her taller, blonde tag partner, smiling sweetly as she squeezed her hand again.

Anastasia Starling: In the build-up to this match, you've made it all sound like it's all about taking out the Alan Family. That taking them out is the most important thing, and that is the goal for both our sides. But Jessie, sweetie… it isn't. The goal is as it was for us as soon as the Civil War match ended, and that is for us to become World Tag Team Champions. For you, Jessie… It's just another title. Just another opportunity to add to your GCW title tally, to show that you are the most successful member of the Lasiewicz clan in GCW, and try to be the most successful Jones as well.

Starling again gazed over at Sky, the Dane looking back at her with a smile on her beautiful face.

Anastasia Starling: But there is more than one Lasiewicz here now, Jessie. There is another here that is hungry for success, hungry for gold, and this is THE championship this Lasiewicz has been seeking. And there is no one else I'd want in my corner here in GCW than this woman right here. She's been my rock, my friend, my partner in battle for so long.

But just as Skylar was about to speak, the footage turned to static. White noise filled the screen, and there seemed to be some muffled shouting. The footage suddenly cut to a different view, seemingly taken on a camera phone, and it was clear it was taken several minutes after the interview was abruptly cut.

Skylar Rayner: It can't have just gone off. Have you checked the battery? The cables?

Skylar said to one of the camera crew, the pair of them observing the camera equipment. Ana was looking on, looking visibly confused by the whole situation. Sky, a former renowned interviewer, was obviously clued up on the equipment and cameras, and not all she said to the crew was audible. Starling looked a little thrown off with what had happened. As they spoke, Sky then began to follow the leads to the power source, before pausing as the lead suddenly stopped.

Skylar Rayner: The leads been cut. The damn leads been cut.

Sky waved Ana and the crew over, the group investigating the very cleanly cut lead. As the view pulled away, there seemed to be another figure in the background, watching on intently as Sky and Ana tried to work out why this had happened, and who could have done it. But as the camera phone tried to zoom in on this figure, the footage suddenly froze. But it did catch one glimpse at the possibly guilty party.

Was that Olly?

Kim and Aubrey are still brawling, now they are backstage just outside of a door marked “General Manager’s Office”. Kim boots her in the gut and goes for a ddt but Powers counters into a release Northern Lights suplex. Powers goes for The Most Valuable Kick but Kim catches the foot and counters with an exploder suplex. Kim attempts to step through and lock in Scorned again but Powers kicks her in the face to block. Powers then spears Kim through the door, knocking it over and barrelling the two of them inside. Powers stands up and comes face to face with Angelica Jones, the sister of Kayla who Aubrey had just tried to injure. Powers feels emboldened and gets in her face.

Aubrianna: Come on, Jones! Take a swing! You know you want to!

Meanwhile Kim sneaks up from behind and rolls Powers up. 1…2…3NO! Powers kicks out! They both scramble up. Powers goes for a lariat but Kim ducks. Powers almost strikes Angelica but she stops just short. Kim then snatches Powers from behind and holds her still.

Kim: Go ahead, mom! Get a shot in for Kayla!

Aubrianna: Yeah! Do it!

Angel: Kim, I…I can’t…I’m the general manager…

Powers smirks. Then she strikes Kim in her head with an elbow shot. Powers gets The Most Valuable Kick, reverse roundhouse to Kim’s head. Powers covers…1…2…3!

WINNER: Aubrianna Powers

Powers stands up. Both her and Kim are a bloody mess after this death match, and while she may not look like a winner, Aubrianna Powers technically won this match tonight. She turns to face Angelica and smirks.

Aubrianna: This wasn’t personal, Jones. None of it was. It was about sending a message. Tabitha Silverstone won’t take me seriously. She won’t give me any opportunities because she doesn’t think I can handle myself without The Sovereign. August 1st I became Zion Wrestling Trios Champions with Trinity. August 2nd, I put your sister on the shelf with a neck injury. And tonight, I beat the Queen of the Death Match at her own sadistic game. So do me a favor, go tell Silverstone that she should start taking me serious from now on.

Powers turns and walks away.

Anastasia Starling vs. Religious Wright
[The bell rings. Religious Wright tries to get a cheap shot with his loaded Bible. But Ana has his fishy tactics scouted. She manages to duck his swing and then kick the Bible out of his hands. Ana with an arm drag, another, and a third. A savate kick and a rope aided roundhouse kick sends Wright to the outside. Ana hops onto the top ropes, walks across, then leaps off with a hurricinrana to the outside taking out Religious Wright. She rolls him back into the ring. He crawls to the corner hoping for protecting but alas, no such luck. Ana with a cannonball in the corner to Wright. Starling with a springboard Polish Hammer. She applies The Merovingian Crucifix. Religious Wright quickly taps out.]
WINNER: Anastasia Starling

We cut backstage where we find the three lovely ladies who make up the entity known as The McBride Corporation. Blair and Melanie McBride are both dressed in nice fancy dresses. Standing front in center dressed in her ring gear is none other than Karen McBride, who is about to compete tonight for the GCW Heritage Championship.

Blair: It isn’t difficult to read the writing on the wall. When you have been in business as long as I have you learn how to read and understand the expectations of your peers. Now this entity before you SHOULD be a respected entity. Let’s not forget that WE dethroned The Sovereign and sent that powerful faction packing into forgotten lore. WE won the GCW Global Tag Team Championship and later on won the GCW World Tag Team Championship to unify the tag team titles.

Melanie: You’re welcome, Fabulous.

The three girls smirk knowingly. Blair then points to the middle sibling, Karen McBride.

Blair: And this girl right here is a former GCW International Champion. We are most certainly capable of running this show any damn time we want. We should be respected. Hell, we should be feared. And yet teams like Fabulous mock us. Even management looks past us. They have Karen here booked to challenge for the GCW Heritage Championship against the new champion SIN. But there are certain expectations involved. Is Karen expected to win?

She shakes her head.

Blair: No…this is obviously booked to be a cakewalk for SIN. An easy first defense of the title.

She turns to look at Blair.

Blair: What do you have to say about that, Karen?

Karen: Its real simple, Blair. I am not going to guarantee a victory. I am smart enough to know that SIN has been on a major roll lately. And I know that defeating any champion, no matter who they are, is a tall task, because they didn’t become champion for no reason. But I also understand that I have beaten champions before. And unlike Izzi Grimes, I am willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Karen smirks.

Karen: That’s what you wanted at the battle royal, right? You wanted an opponent who would sacrifice morals and ethics to win a match. Congratulations, you got what you wanted tonight. Because the name of the game is WINNING! The end goal is to WIN and to win CHAMPIONSHIPS! And The McBride Corporation will do anything to achieve that end.

Backstage…

The camera opens on the main plate of the GCW Heritage Championship. Zooming out, the belt is worn around the toned and sculpted waist of the new Champion, Svetlana Iryna Nabokov - SIN. She has a smirk on her lips as she faces the camera, clad in her ring gear for her upcoming Championship defense.

SIN: “Did I not tell you beforehand? I told everyone that I was willing to do whatever it took to claim this prestigious honour wrapped around my waist. Did you believe I was lying? I am many things, but a liar is certainly not among them.”

She smiles as she rests her hand on top of the belt adorning her waist.

SIN: “Izzi Grimes was given a golden opportunity and, in failing to take it, received only a lesson. When you are handed a gift, you must not let it go to waste, for any weakness could easily become exploited. Now it was not a personal attack on Grimes. On the contrary… I still believe she could be crafted and moulded into a ruthless, cutthroat competitor capable of dropping even the most destructive of forces. But doing things her way… the “Grimes way”... that simply was not good enough, now was it?”

SIN shrugs her shoulders.

SIN: “I certainly hope for more cunning and craft out of my opponent tonight. Karen McBride certainly seems the type to exploit openings when spotted, and not look a gift horse in the mouth, in a manner of speaking. But regardless of what she does, it will not be good enough. It is going to take nothing short of an absolute Herculean effort to wrest this Championship away from me. I said from day one that I want the very best in competition… now with this around my waist…”

She pats the plate again.

SIN: “I expect nothing less!”

With that, SIN exits the scene.

Main Event
GCW Heritage Championship
SIN (champion) vs. Karen McBride
[Karen with a jumping knee, a short arm clothesline, and a bicycle kick. Karen goes for a spear but SIN ducks out of the way and Karen slams shoulder first into the steel ring post. SIN with a rushing lariat turns Karen inside out. SIN with a Samoan drop and then a flapjack. SIN attempts a pump handle slam but Karen slips free from behind and locks in White Collar Crime. SIN uses her power to fight towards the ropes. After about forty seconds she reaches the corner forcing a break, SIN’s first. Karen tries for another bicycle kick but SIN catches the foot and then counters into a sit out spine buster. SIN whips Karen into the ropes and connects with a powerslam. She covers but Karen kicks out at two. Karen rolls to the outside to break up the momentum but SIN goes out after her.]

ROPE BREAKS REMAINING - Karen (3) SIN (2)

[SIN whips Karen into the steel steps nearly unhinging them. SIN with a flapjack on the outside. She pulls Karen up to her feet and goes for a whip but Karen reverses sending SIN face first into the steel ring post. Karen charges in with a spear sending SIN crashing through the steel barricade separating the fans from the ringside area. Karen manages to recover just in time to break referee Malcolm Stride’s count at the count of thirteen. She rolls back outside and retrieves SIN and brings her back in. Karen hoists SIN up onto her shoulders and then delivers Bankrupt! The cover but SIN powers out at two. Karen applies a single leg crab. After about a minute SIN fights to the ropes and reaches the bottom, forcing a break. Karen drags her back out to the center and applies a figure four. SIN fights the hold and refuses to quit. SIN doesn’t want to use her last rope break so instead she uses her power to turn Karen over, reversing the pressure of the hold onto Karen! Karen is now the one crawling towards the ropes whilst SIN counters it into a variation of the Indian Death Lock. Karen reaches the ropes, forcing a break.]

ROPE BREAKS REMAINING - Karen (2) SIN (1)

[Karen is up first. She tries to hoist SIN up for McBride’s Ride but the Indian Death Lock did its damage and she can’t hold SIN up. SIN with a spinning side slam. The cover but Karen gets her foot on the bottom rope at two and a half. SIN with a fallaway slam and then a stalling brain buster. The cover but Karen shoots her right shoulder off the mat just in time. SIN locks in Drop The Iron Curtain. Karen struggles in the hold. She’s fading fast but luckily she is close enough to the ropes and has presence of mind to fall forward towards them. She lands in the ropes, forcing a break. SIN with a pump handle slam. SIN with a gutwrench suplex. She whips Karen into the corner and rushes in with a big splash. Karen slumps down in the corner. SIN chokes Karen with her boot. SIN breaks the choke at the referee’s count of four.]

ROPE BREAKS REMAINING - Karen (None) SIN (1)

[SIN attempts a bearhug slam but Karen rakes the eyes and then delivers a double arm ddt. Karen with The End Game! She covers but SIN kicks out at two and a half. Karen hoists SIN up and goes for The McBride’s Ride. SIN shockingly lands on her feet and reapplies Drop The Iron Curtain. Karen counters by running up the turnbuckle and falling back onto SIN in a pinning predicament but SIN breaks just before three. Karen pops back up…but walks right into Guilty Conscience! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER and STILL Heritage Champion: SIN