So, new to angle feds...

AJ Cleary

So, new to angle feds...

Post by AJ Cleary » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:17 am

So I'm new to this. I ran an RP fed for a while, had some success, so I kinda know my way around those... this, not so much. Mostly here on Styg's recommendation. Any advice on how to proceed now that I'm signed would be great:)

Jazmyn Rain

Re: So, new to angle feds...

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:34 am

Hey, when I first joined here almost two years ago, I was right there with you. This is my first angle fed too. From experience, I'll tell you that I got used to things rather quickly. I think the fact that I've stuck around here as long as I have for this being my first angle fed should say a lot of good things!

As far as advice goes? Pretty much the best one I can give you is to focus more on the story aspect of things than the competitive aspect, since obviously it's activity that determines pushes and high profile angles rather than winning RP battles. The two best ways to get the most out of your experience here?

1) Segments. Backstage interviews, pre-taped promos, backstage conversations, in-ring promos, that type of thing. VERY easy!

2) Twitter. If you have one, you're good but whenever a show goes up, there is often a LOT of Twitter activity happening. It's pretty damn insane. Obviously, the segments take priority over Twitter, but both are pretty important.

More information can be found here, if you haven't already read the thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1

In any case, welcome! Hope you can stick in the fold for a long time to come!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 am

To add to something JJ pointed out, the competitive aspect has been somewhat erased in an angle fed. We focus on telling a story and, most importantly, having fun than winning a match. Activity in terms of segments (possibly the most important thing a handler here could do), twitter hype of GCW stories, etc etc will give you a better a PUSH but it does not determine match outcomes. I want to make sure that's made fairly clear. You could be the most active person here but that won't mean you'll win every single match. But it does mean you'll get a real good push.

For instance, if AJ Styles is PUSHED in the WWE it doesn't mean he'll win every single match, he'll probably lose one or two matches here and there, but a push for Styles in the WWE would possibly mean an eventual WWE Title match or title reign.

AJ Cleary

Post by AJ Cleary » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 am

Do I send written angles to you directly?

AJ Cleary

Post by AJ Cleary » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 am

Also, is the Livewire Staff listed anywhere? Specifically the commentary team?

Jazmyn Rain

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:06 am

Livewire Commentary Team: Samantha Gold, Dante Cortez (This I found on the old forums)

Also for future reference, the interview team is available for both shows.

And yes, segments/angles to go Matt for Livewire.

AJ Cleary

Post by AJ Cleary » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:25 am

I PM'd him with blanks to fill for names, like (Livewire Play-by-Play): instead of a name.