Shotgun 05.21 <RESULTS>

randy

Shotgun 05.21 <RESULTS>

Post by randy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:05 pm

(PRE START OF SHOW)

The scene starts up outside of the building, where a long, white, stretch limousine pulls up. The camera rushes to the back as the door opens, but instead of GCW’s World Champion, Chantelle Chambers, emerging, it is the sight of her manager, Broderick “The Brod” Chase stepping out right to the camera.

Brod: What are you doing here?

Cameraman: I was sent to…

Brod: No! You are not going to get a glimpse at YOUR WORLD CHAMPION before she is ready to be seen! Chantelle Chambers is a superstar… an icon… the greatest talent of this generation! And no paparazzi will steal a glimpse of her! There is too much money to be lost to let just any dreg force their way over!

The Brod pushes the cameraman back.

Brod: Shoo! You will see YOUR WORLD CHAMPION as soon as she decides to be seen and not a moment sooner! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Cameraman: I guess so…

Brod: WOOOOOO!!!

==

(The first few chords of “Always” by Saliva begins to play.)

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

[Shotgun fades in, the fans are cheering quite loudly. We cut to the parking lot area. We spot Julia Braddock Noel arriving side by side with her manager, Kayla Jones, in tow. Jones has a wide grin on her face.)

Kayla: You will do great today!

Julia: Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kayla.

Kayla: And I mean it. You and JaMarcus are former Global Tag Team Champions. That alone speaks of how good you two are as a team. Plus you beat me and Angelica for those belts, so I know from experience how good you two are. You can definitely beat a couple of arrogant narcissists like Chambers and Manning.

(Julia chuckles.)

Julia: Maybe so, but this will be slightly different. I need to look good. I need to impress. This isn’t about being tag champs again, this is about the World Champion and everyone knows it. Chantelle is on one side, I’m on the other, and soon we’ll be facing off.

Kayla: That’s right, but don’t sweat that too much. Focus on the here and now. Focus on the present. Do not look past tonight or this match.

(Kayla sighs.)

Kayla: This will be different for me too.

Julia: Oh?

Kayla: I’m not booked. I’m here in a purely non-wrestling capacity as your manager. And I am definitely grateful for your opportunity…

(She sighs.)

Kayla: …I feel bad for Hayley and Gabby. I hate that I can’t do much more for them.

Julia: Don’t beat yourself up over that. Everyone knows that this is Tiffany Manning’s fault. She’s the one who is keeping them off of the cards.

(Kayla nods her head.)

Kayla: Maybe you’re right.

Julia: And don’t you have another issue to deal with tonight? Namely, Victoria Salinas?

Kayla: As far as I know Vicky and I won’t be seeing one another again until the Shotgun Special where we fight for the number one contender spot. And if I win…

(She looks directly into Julia’s eyes.)

Kayla: …I may have to face you…conflict of interest?

(Julia rolls her eyes.)

Julia: Don’t worry about any conflict of interest, because I’m not. IF I become GCW World Champion and IF you are the number one contender, then it would be my honor to defend against one of the best wrestlers in the world.

Kayla: Thanks, Julia. I appreciate that. BUT be ready for Vicky as well.

Julia: Right.

Kayla: I know from experience how good she is. And when she turns it on, she’s nearly unstoppable. Do your best, Julia, and be ready for anything, and you will not only become World Champion, but you will be the world champion we can all be proud of.

[Special Note: This match was taped several days ago at another event in Mexico.]

Showcase Match:
El Perros vs. The Valkyries

[Another week, another display of dominance from the former Sierra Michaels and Melanie McBride. Whatever the new Nero has been giving them, it’s clearly been working as the El Perros didn’t stand much of a chance whatsoever. Skuld and Skogul took away their speed at the start of the match, outpacing them. There was a spot where Skuld countered a diving hurricanrana into a double knee facebuster which not get the pinfall, but it completely knocked El Perro for a loop as he wasn’t quite the same after that. Mrs. El Perro didn’t fare much better either, especially when Skogul countered a diving cross body into a powerslam that shook the ring and took the crowd completely out of it. From there, the Valkyries used their submission prowess to essentially suck whatever fight was left out of the El Perros as the crowd was stunned by how quickly their supposed national heroes were getting dominated. After a few short minutes, the Nirvana disciples finally put them out of their misery when Mrs. El Perro fell victim to the double team “Nirvana” move and Skogul put the capper on another dominant performance for the Valkyries with the pinfall after the springboard Asai moonsault.]

WINNERS: The Valkyries

[In a similar vain to two weeks ago, Mrs. El Perro went to check on her fallen partner. The Valkyries responded by bloodying her with a violent double-chair assault before they took her mask off and left the ring with it. EMT’s came out to check on them, with camera angles conveniently hiding the face of the unmasked Mrs. El Perro.]

==

(We cut backstage. We see Julia Braddock Noel, aka: The Kensington Knockout, is stretching in preparation for her tag team main event match tonight against world champion Chantelle Chambers and Pierce Manning. Her preparation is interrupted with a knocking at the door. Julia stands up and walks over to the door. She opens it and sighs upon finding her sister, Glory Braddock Noel, standing there.)

Julia: Glory…this is a surprise…

Glory: A pleasant one, I hope.

Julia: I’m not sure yet, but it is a surprise nevertheless.

(She steps aside to allow Glory to enter.)

Julia: Come in, I guess.

(Glory enters the room. The door is shut behind her. She turns to face Julia.)

Glory: You shouldn’t be surprised, you know?

Julia: Why shouldn’t I? It isn’t like we’ve been the best of friends or even allies in recent months. To be perfectly frank, the only reason we’ve been polite with one another is for mother’s sake.

(Glory sighs and nods her head.)

Glory: Yes, mother…

Julia: What is it? What’s wrong?

Glory: …well, mother is partially why I came.

(Julia scowls.)

Julia: Did she make you come?

(She shakes her head.)

Glory: No, not at all. I came here of my own accord. I genuinely want to show my support.

(She reaches out and places her hands on Julia’s shoulders.)

Glory: We’ve been close for a long time, Julia. We’ve had our ups and our downs. We’ve been friends and we’ve been enemies. Formerly we were of the Braddock family and now we are proud daughters of Aphrodite Noel.

(She smirks.)

Glory: And ONLY a Noel should be World Champion of this great company.

(Julia, feeling a sense of sincerity from her sister, grins.)

Julia: Thank you, my sister.

Glory: And I wanted to let you know that no matter what happens to you, no matter what path you make for yourself here on Shotgun, I will always support you. I hope you can extend that same token of support to me…for mother’s sake.

(Julia nods her head.)

Julia: I agree. While I disagree with what you did to Jazmyn Rain and while I disagree with Original Intent, at the end of the day we are both Aphrodite’s children and our mother, considering her other frustrations, does not need a family feud to add to her frustrations. Besides…

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: …it wasn’t right for them to hold that over your head.

Glory: Thank you for that, but enough about me. Are you ready for Chantelle Chambers?

(Julia grins knowingly.)

Julia: More than ready. Tonight I humble her. Tonight I give her a reality check that she has so desperately needed. But the real payoff will be at the Shotgun Special in October when I defeat her to become GCW World Champion.

==

Alice vs. Kordy

[Before Alice could even get to the ring Kordy rushed the ropes and leaped over the top with a suicide dive plancha onto Alice. Kordy whipped her into the steel steps and then ran driving her knee into her head back into the steel steps. Kordy whipped her into the steel ring post before rolling her back into the ring. Kordy rolled into the ring where she continued her assault with the Furious Combo. Kordy goes for a hurricinrana but Alice counters into a power bomb. Alice with a roundhouse kick and then a spinning heel kick. Alice crescent kick and a jumping leg lariat. She goes for a reverse Frankensteiner but Kordy counters into an electric chair. Kordy with Bloodthinner. Kordy doesn’t go for the cover. She drops her with a Can Opener DDT. Kordy covers but Alice is too close to the ropes and she gets a foot on the bottom ropes. She tries to lock in Hello Kordy but Alice is still too close to the ropes and grabs onto them before she can even get the hold locked in. Kordy drags her out to the center but Alice with a kick to the face and then an enziguri. She goes for a Backslide Driver but Kordy counters and goes for another Bloodthinner but Alice ducks and then rolls her up with a school boy and gets a pin.]
WINNER: Alice

[Post match there is no celebration for Alice, as Kordy drops her with the Can Opener DDT and then locks her in Hello Kordy. Alice is in pain and the referee orders Kordy to let go but Kordy refuses. Several officials have to come down to pull Kordy off of Alice and when they finally do manage to pry her off, Kordy still manages to bite one of the officials before she makes her exit.]

==

Slade Merriman vs. Jay Pride

[Before the bell can ring Drake hops up onto the ring apron to distract Jay. This pays off as Slade attacks Jay from behind. Laurel chases Drake around the ring but the damage has been done as Slade dominates the early portion of the match. Jay fights back with boxing punches and then transitions to a more technical based attack. Slade tries to go hold for hold with Jay but can’t keep up. Jay connects with World of Sport Special but Drake again distracts him. Laurel and Drake start brawling on the outside but this allows Slade to land a low blow. Slade wears down Jay slowly but surely with his own series of punishing offense. Slade goes for a suplex and Jay floats over and then connects with the Pride Eater. He covers for the pin and the win.]
WINNER: Jay Pride

==

[Pre-Taped]

[The screen fades to black, for a brief moment or two]

Victoria (voice over): This entire saga between Michael McKay and I? Gosh, it goes back quite a damn long time, longer than people even realize…

[FLASHBACK CLIP: November 29, 2014 (Survival of the Fittest 2014)]

[The first in a series of clips shows Victoria Salinas and Michael McKay doing battle in a traditional elimination tag team match, the first time they ever met in the ring. It was a very tight battle between two then-future GCW World Champions, one that would never be decided as a mysterious hooded figure came out to attack both of them, causing the match to end on a double disqualification and no clear winner.]

Victoria: At the time, I thought it wasn’t anything significant. I was still new to GCW that night. I wanted to win just as much as he did. Considering this mystery guy had more to do with him than me, I brushed it off. I thought this was just an outlier, but I was wrong. It was merely a harbinger of things to come.

[FLASHBACK CLIP: May 2, 2015 (Shotgun)]

[The second clip is Victoria and McKay teaming up against Brittany Kayl and Aphrodite Noel, then of Camelot. McKay went to tag Victoria, only for Victoria to hop off the apron and leave McKay to be double teamed and decimated by the two Camelot members. Victoria is seen laughing at this at the time this happened.]

Victoria: And this… is where it really began. This is one of the things that haunt me. Michael… he had done NOTHING to deserve that. I think back to this moment so much and I often ask myself “why?” Why did I do that? What was the purpose of doing that? Even today, just recapping this, I feel sick to my stomach that this ever happened. But then, I defended the world title against him…

[FLASHBACK CLIP: May 30, 2015 (Best of the Best)]

[Next clip was from the end of the World championship match between Victoria and McKay, a valiant effort on the part of both competitors. The clip shows Mary-Allison Chainz jumping the guardrail and attacking Victoria, leading to McKay being disqualified.]

Victoria: That clip speaks for itself. Even then, even in the mindset I was in at the time, I knew Michael got screwed over. Even then, that WASN’T the way I wanted to retain a world championship. This is honestly when my world title reign started going off the rails…

[FLASHBACK CLIP: June 27, 2015 (Shotgun)]

[The next clip was from the rematch, when McKay had one more chance at the World Championship. It features the end of the match, when McKay was about to hit the Category 5 on Victoria, but Victoria slipped out of the move and low blowed McKay from behind, getting herself disqualified to retain the title.]

Victoria: I’m at a loss for words, seeing that again. I took advantage of the fact that it was his last chance or else he wasn’t going to get another shot while I had the title. As far as my world title reign goes, this is the moment I have the most regrets for. That about says it all. How could I ever stoop so low?

[FLASHBACK CLIP: July 25, 2015 (No Chance In Hell)]

[The next clip is Victoria losing the World Championship to Mary-Allison Chainz in the ladder match, and a post-match assault that was thwarted by Michael McKay.]

Victoria: Until Deadly Dreams recently, that was the worst night of my GCW career. Things between Michael and I were at a true boiling point.

[FLASHBACK CLIP: August 2, 2015 (Shotgun)]

[Footage of a streetfight that was shown between them is next to play. The two beat the hell out of each other before ultimately, neither could take it anymore and the match would end in a no contest.]

Victoria: Once again, a one on one match between us. Once again, a conclusion that would leave the two of us, and everyone watching, unsatisfied. You might be noticing a trend by now. What I’ve been dealing with, with Kayla Jones, is in some ways, a microcosm to this story.

[FLASHBACK CLIP: August 30, 2015 (Extreme Prejudice)]

[Footage from the triple threat ironman match between Victoria, McKay and World Champion Alexander Midas for the title is shown. The clip reveals McKay drilling Victoria with the Category 5 and getting the final fall right as the final bell was about to ring. Also shown is the locker room celebration in the ring surrounding him, and a never before seen clip of Victoria laying on the barricade, all by herself, watching the celebration, completely heartbroken and devastated, tears quickly flowing down her face.]

Victoria: Michael finally beat me that night, fair and square. I’ll never take that from him. After everything I put him through, he deserved it. But the competitor in me was crushed, and seeing that celebration… I lost it. I admit, I took it personal. Deep down, I wanted that to be me in the middle of that celebration. But I collected myself and I made a promise that we were going to have a fair and honest, one on one match, hopefully for the World Championship, which at that point, we’d never did.

[FLASHBACK CLIP: November 7, 2015 (Shotgun)]

[The last time the two fought one on one in the ring, World Championship on the line, McKay the champion this time. The footage shows Tina Valentine ruining the proceedings this time, assaulting Victoria and resulting in the match being a no-contest.]

Victoria: To date, that’s the last time I’ve had a world title shot in GCW. The wait has been long, it’s been tiring, it’s been frustrating, and at times, it’s been so god damn cruel! But more importantly, on this night, this was my one chance to fulfill that promise I made Michael: one on one, no shenanigans. This night, it wasn’t happening. I was devastated… and that devastation only grew when THIS happened…

[FLASHBACK CLIP: December 26, 2015 (For Glory & Gold)]

[A brief clip is shown of Amelia Robson pinning Michael McKay to win the World Championship.]

Victoria: Michael’s last match, until tonight. For me, this was devastating, not because of the world title, but because when this happened, I thought that was it for my promise. I thought it was broken. Ever since that night, I’ve had to live with the pain and the burden of what I thought was a broken promise. But tonight, that burden is finally eased!

[PRESENT DAY FOOTAGE]

[The voice over fades into a determined, yet somewhat saddened Victoria Salinas sitting down on a chair in an empty locker room.]

Victoria: Michael… I know the two of us have come a long way in the last year. We’ve formed a friendship and a bond so strong that it’s like we never had any issues whatsoever. You’ve become basically a father figure to me, that’s common knowledge at this point. And yet, through all of this, the journey we’ve been on together, there are two words that I never told you, ever, behind the scenes, on camera… until now… two words that are long overdue. Michael…

I’m sorry!

[Guilt overwhelms Victoria at this point as tears start to fall down her face. She quickly wipes them away, regaining enough of her composure to continue.]

Victoria: I’m deeply, regretfully sorry for the way I treated you, for every time I screwed you out of the world title, for all the awful things I ever said to you and ever did to you. I wish things between us could have been different. I wish they could have been better. But because I was living a lie, wearing a mask, and because I was so stupid and insecure with myself, I hurt you and I hurt your family multiple times and for over a year, this guilt has burdened me. Tonight? Regardless of who comes out on top, what matters to me the most is that after all this time, I finally fulfilled that promise I made to you. No more shenanigans tonight. You’re not getting a mask, you’re not getting a gimmick. You’re getting me in that ring tonight, me and only me! I hope you can forgive me for everything I’ve ever done to you and your family. May the best wrestler win tonight!

[The fans loudly cheer Victoria’s words, applauding her for her sincerity and honesty. Victoria reflects on what’s to come for her, as the scene fades to black.]
==

Malcolm Cross vs Drake Hemingway

Drake Hemingway tried to rush out the gate at the always imposing Malcolm Cross, with Maria Prado watching at ringside. However, Cross was prepared for the initial attack and was able to ward off Hemingway’s attack, unleashing a barrage of what can only be described as pure violence. He assaulted Hemingway in a way that he did not expect… this was no wrestling match. Hemingway managed to get the upper-hand when the referee tried to pull Cross off, poking him in the eye. From there, Hemingway took control of the match, attempting to put Cross down. The turning point of the match came when Hemingway attempted to hit The Mark of the Beast, but Malcolm managed to float over his shoulder and out of his grip, hitting a vicious clothesline on him. From there, Malcolm wasted little time, hitting the Fade to Black before locking him in The Reckoning. Hemingway tried to hold on, but tapped out.

RESULT: MALCOLM CROSS defeats Drake Hemingway (via submission)

Malcolm actually released the hold, sending Drake out to ringside before Maria Prado entered the ring, a microphone in her hand.

Prado: Slade Merriman… we do hope you were watching the fate of your ally, for at the Shotgun special, you will be in his place. And on that night, two weeks from tonight, the only way you will be leaving under your own power will be to force this man to say two simple words… the words that you will also be forced to utter in order to have sweet release: I Quit. Good luck… you are going to need it desperately.

With that, Cross’ music plays again as the twisted pair exit the ring, heading to the back.

==

Voice: Are you sure about this?

The unspecified female voice holding the camera points it at Nate Lawson, who is taping his fists prior to his tag team contest.

Lawson: What choice do I have, really?

Voice: Not tagging with Adrian Waters…

Lawson chuckles.

Lawson: I get it. You’re concerned.

Voice: It’s not like Waters is a man of honesty. He’s probably already got his cheap shot planned out for tonight.

Lawson: Probably… he probably thinks he’s two steps ahead. He’s just not factoring in one thing…

Voice: What’s that?

He smirks.

Lawson: I’m smarter than he thinks.

Nate laughs again…

Lawson: Adrian has this idea of me in his head, this thought that I’m just some meat-head who’s here to punch him and win, nothing more than a Neanderthal. But he’s wrong, and probably not for the first time in his life.

Voice: For a man who claims to be “pure genius”…

Lawson: Yeah. I’ll give him credit… he knew how to take advantage of an opening, and became TV Champion because of it. But this maddening delay before he actually steps in front of me in the ring? Maybe he already knows what will happen when we face.

Voice: If you face each other.

Lawson shrugs his shoulders.

Lawson: I don’t think Tiffany Manning is going to leave our business off the table. The time will come when we face off… and when we do, I’m taking his TV Title… and if he loses it beforehand? Maybe I’ll just take something else from him.

Voice: And tonight?

Lawson: Tonight Adrian gets a stay of execution… provided he does his job. I’ll do mine. Queen Mamba and Geneva Bell are tough. They’ve been trained well. They know their way around the inside of a ring. I’m looking forward to a fight… Bell and Mamba had better be ready for one to, because whether Waters tries for his shortcuts or not, I will give them the fight they want. That much I promise.

The scene fades…

==

Nate Lawson/Adrian Waters vs Queen Mamba/Geneva Bell

Nate Lawson started the match for his makeshift “team” against Queen Mamba, whose desire to get her hands on Adrian Waters didn’t deter her from grappling with the former MMA champion. She managed to hold her own at first, but playing directly into Nate’s strengths was not a sound strategy, and he took her down at the legs. Where Mamba picked up points, however, was utilizing her chemistry with Geneva Bell, with whom she made an excellent, effective tag team. The pair utilized tandem offense against Lawson, keeping him off-guard. Absent from the fray, however, was Lawson’s partner, Adrian Waters, who stood on the apron enjoying the entire thing. As Lawson approached for tags, he would step back, leaving The Elite to compete solo, even joining in on commentary for a brief period of time. As the match wore on, Lawson continued to face double-teams, not yielding his stand against the two women. At one point, he managed to grapple Bell in The Elite Gogoplata briefly, but this was broken up by Mamba. Finally, late in the match, Waters decided to strike, attacking Mamba, Bell, and Lawson with the TV Championship belt.

RESULT: NO CONTEST after ADRIAN WATERS attacks everyone with the belt

Adrian stood in the ring, gloating over his actions when Mamba rose to her feet, glaring at him. Geneva Bell stood opposite of him next, with Waters’ expression starting to fade. Lawson stood up directly in front of him. Waters looked around and, as his three adversaries pounced, he bailed out of the ring, avoiding what would have surely been an unpleasant moment for him.

==
#1 Contender Match for the Global Tag Team Championship,
Controversy vs. Christy Hightower & Travis Vessey

[Travis and Hannah started the match and of course, Hannah came out pissed off and went on a rage against Travis. The rampage would lead to a quick DDT and a pinfall attempt before travis kicked out. Hannah would try to continue her rampage, but Travis eventually caught her with a back elbow, taking control and slowing things down. Hannah definitely found herself in trouble after Travis took command and tactically wore her down. A brainbuster would lead to a pinfall, but to no avail. Travis would then tag Christy into the match up and Christy was even more calm and tactical. Hannah tried fighting back at various points, but Christy always had a counter for her attempts, culminating in a backbreaker that resulted in a two count for Christy. Christy would try to suplex Hannah, but Hannah countered it and regained control with a hurricanrana that drove Christy’s head into the mat. After a quick two count, Hannah managed to get to her corner and tag in Destiny Skye, who stayed on Christy and was in total command for a few minutes before she brought her down with a spinning DDT and a two count. However, a diving clothesline would be countered into a modified powerslam from Christy for a two count as well Christy tagged in Travis and after wearing out Destiny for a couple of minutes, brought her down with a scoop slam and a two count. Afterward, Travis tried getting Destiny into a cradle suplex, but Destiny countered with an inside cradle for a two count.]

[It would be a back and forth battle in large part from there, but in the late stages of the matches, Travis and Christy were doing everything they could in order to keep Hannah on the apron, which just further incensed her. Destiny was completely worn out but a desperate facebuster counter from a powerbomb attempt finally evened the odds. Both wrestlers got to their corners and Hannah and Christy tagged themselves in. Hannah obviously took control being the freshest wrestler of the four and for a period of time, she dominated both Christy and Travis singlehandedly. Things got really testy when Christy and Travis tried to double team her after a while, but Destiny got back in there to even the odds and clear the ring of both Travis and herself for good. Hannah beat Christy around the ring for a bit and seemed to be in total command of things. Suddenly, Allison Lorraine came down to ringside, catching the referee’s attention. Hannah slammed Christy and climbed to the top rope. She measured Hannah for “Flight of the Angel”, but The Enigma came through the crowd to grab her leg and create a distraction. Jenni Anderson came through the crowd too to spray Hannah in the eyes with hair spray. Ginger Nation then split, the referee missing what just happened. This distraction allowed Christy to get to the top rope herself and hit a modified version of the Follow the North Star. The fans were displeased when Christy got the 3 count.]

WINNERS AND #1 CONTENDERS: Christy Hightower and Travis Vessey

[Travis rolled back into the ring to get up and celebrate with Christy. Destiny rolled back in to check on Hannah Myers and she spotted #GingerNation on the stage laughing at both of them, the announcers condemning them for their actions.]

==

Backstage

Samuel Price can be seen standing by with the GCW X-Division Champion, Isabella Harker…

Price: Thank you… Isabella, tonight you are facing just one opponent for your X-Division Championship – Julia Boleyn, or as she would like to be known these days, The Ginger Enigma. Your thoughts?

Isabella grins.

Harker: My thoughts? We all know that were one of the Ginger Nation can be found, the other two aren’t too far behind. It’s pretty crafty when you think about it… in the interest of “fairness”, tonight I have one opponent that is probably going to be as much of a challenge because of her backup as the two-or-more I’ve been tasked with since Deadly Dreams…

Price: I’m glad you brought up Deadly Dreams. Ever since that night, Tiffany Manning has been on a crusade to take that X-Division Championship from you… the same one that she virtually gifted to you. Does that change your perception of the belt you hold?

Harker: Sam… I can call you “Sam”, right?

Price: Fine by me.

Harker: Good… Sam, I’ve never been one to throw a Championship to the ground. No, I wasn’t happy with the way I “won” the title. I still believe that Gabby Austin never tapped out. But the point remains… I am the GCW X-Division Champion and out of respect to the Champions of the past – great and otherwise – I will defend it with every fibre of my being.

Price: Of course, Miss Manning has told you the way to avoid having to run any more of these challenges…

Harker: And that’s not something I’m willing to do. She doesn’t want a Champion… she wants a puppet, and there are no strings on me. Not anymore. If she had a modicum of respect… of real RESPECT… for me, she would never have asked me to bow to her way. She would NEVER have pulled such shady antics to benefit me. If she RESPECTED me, she would have had enough faith in me and MY abilities to let me rise on my own merits. But instead, she spits on me every time she tries to tell me to do things HER way. I’m the X-Division Champion, and tonight, you can throw an entire NATION at me. I will overcome and continue to be Champion to SPITE Tiffany Manning. This belt…

She holds forward the X-Division Championship.

Harker: … This belt will be respected… and so will I!

She exits the scene, leaving Price looking impressed by the display of intensity he just witnessed…

Price: Back to you.

The scene shifts…

==

[Shotgun fades into the locker room where Victoria Salinas is all set to go for her match against Michael McKay a little bit later. She’s heavily focused on it as she runs through the history that they’ve been through in her mind. She seems confident, though she’s also tense considering much of what has happened in the last year for her. Leaning against the wall and continuing to reflect, this train of thought is suddenly interrupted by a knock being heard on the door. Victoria looks at the door and doesn’t seem annoyed by it as she walks over to open it. Once she does, she finds herself surprised, considering that the person that is there happens to be Michael McKay himself.]

Victoria: I wasn’t expecting you, especially now. So… um… what brings you here, all circumstances considered?

Michael: Wouldn’t be much of a father figure if I didn’t come to wish my surrogate daughter the best of luck, would I?

[He smiles cheerfully at her.]

Michael: And also, though I don’t think it needs saying, Cee insists, apology accepted.

[Victoria takes a bit of a sigh of relief, knowing that at least SOME of the burden has been lifted off of her shoulders.

Victoria: Great. That will help me a bit. But I know for sure that the only way for this burden to truly be off my shoulders is going through this match tonight. I have to be honest, a part of me is surprised that you accepted the challenge I made two weeks ago. I was admittedly hesitant for a while. But then the other part of me, knowing the competitor you always were, wasn’t surprised at all. You saw the video. It’s been a long road, for both of us. I’m optimistic that tonight, this “last chapter” has a better ending because what SHOULD have been the last chapter ended up being… well… you know…

[Michael nods.]

Michael: You don’t have to worry about being honest with me, Victoria. I didn’t exactly expect to be challenged to a match when coming to find out why you’d gone quiet. I can see why you did it though, and I’m glad that you can understand why I accepted. Even if I’m retired, I’m always up for one last match, especially against someone who has always challenged me. Tonight, we get the ending we deserve.

[He mock scowls and wags a finger at her.]

Michael: And I’ll still care for you, win or lose, got that?

[A small smile appears on Victoria’s face after hearing those words.]

Victoria: Definitely. I have to be honest with you, I am a bit tense right now. Just with so much going on, especially since Deadly Dreams a month ago, rebuilding myself and all. It’s not just OUR match tonight, it’s the match in two weeks against Kayla, with the winner getting a world title shot. Since you’ve come back, my confidence has gotten better, but I’ll be the first to admit to you it’s not QUITE there yet. I have my worries. What if someone interferes in our match and ruins everything again? I even have my doubts. I wonder sometimes if I even DESERVE a #1 contender’s match. What if… I just can’t beat Kayla? I’m sorry, I’m just…

[Victoria pauses, in an attempt to collect herself.]

Victoria: I’m worrying too much about what could possibly go wrong. I guess that’s a bad habit I picked up after everything that’s happened this last year…

Michael: Understandable, Victoria, perfectly understandable. But tonight, focus on me. This is you and me, tearing down the house, and showing the fans the match of the year. This is you, proving to yourself that you are at the top of your game, and erasing the guilt of your past. Kayla will come, your world title shot will come, I’m sure of that. Just leave all your worries back here in the locker room, and go out to the ring, and do what you do best.

[Victoria takes a deep breath, to ease some of the tension that she’s dealing with at the moment.]

Victoria: You’re right, I’m overthinking it. That contradicts one of the very first things I learned when I was coming up in this business: “One match at a time”. This is a process for me since I’m usually hard on myself. I shouldn’t be, you’re right. I’m focused, I’m determined, I’m ready. I want to write this better ending just as much as you do. No more guilt, no more burden. I do want to say this though… thank you, not just for accepting the challenge, but for being there for me when I was at my lowest point, after the whole Ginger Nation thing happened. You and Ben have been great to me in recent weeks and yes, much of my confidence as a person is back. I need to get it fully back as a wrestler too and I’m hoping tonight does that. So, thanks…

Michael: That’s the way to think of it. One match at a time, one day at a time. And you’re very welcome. Best of luck, Victoria, I know you’ll be giving it everything out there.

Victoria: Thanks, same to you. I know I can expect just that from you as well.

[Victoria extends her hand to Michael at this point and there is no hesitation whatsoever as there’s a quick handshake between the two, before Michael leaves the locker room. Victoria is left alone again, to her thoughts. She’s looking just a little more confident and re-focused after being reminded of the “one match at a time” mentality. Soaking in the conversation that took place, Victoria takes a seat and starts making some final match preparation as the scene fades.]
==

X Division Championship
#GingerEnigma vs Isabella Harker

In the early part of the match Isabella Harker dominated. She wasn’t pleased about potentially defending the X Division Championship at the upcoming house show against three other challengers so she took her controlled aggression on #GingerEnigma. The Enigma didn’t turn the tables until GingerAllison and Jinxy made there way to the ring. GingerNation did everything they come from distracting the referee to making it hard for Harker to have a prolonged advantage. Not pleased with getting screwed over earlier in the night, Hannah and Destiny bolting down to the ring to take care of Allison and Jinxy. With the ringside clear, Harker regained control. The locked in The Beastly Bindings” The Enigma had no choice but to tap out.

Winner and STILL X Division Champion: Isabella Harker.

Isabella Harker raised her championship in the air. Little did she know GingerAllison and Jinxy hit the ring. How they shook off Controversy is unknown. The two on one odds did overwhelm Harker. Allison dropped her with Ferocious Fate [Twist of Fate]. Jinxy picked Harker up. She laid Harker out with the Adora-Bomb. All three members of GingerNation stood over the fallen Harker to the disapproval of the crowd.

==
Backstage…

The Brod walks through the catering area, preparing a plate of only the finest foods for his client, the GCW World Champion, Chantelle Chambers. He pushes past some lower-level talent to the front of the line, looking for a bottle…

Brod: What the hell of this?

He throws the bottle of water at one of the poor workers in catering, raising his voice.

Brod: The World Champion, Chantelle Chambers, does NOT like this simple water. We sent our rider in SPECIFICALLY stating that all water ingested shall be triple-filtered, served in a glass bottle, and chilled to a temperature precisely 5 degrees below room temperature. Does that feel like its 5 degrees below room temperature?

Worker: No, I…

Brod: NO! It’s exactly 3.7 degrees below room temperature!

Worker: How do you…

Brod: Know? I’ve dealt with this my entire life! WOOOOOOOO! Make it right!

Worker: Y… yes sir.

The worker goes to find a way to properly fulfill the rider that The Brod had referenced. The manager leans on the counter, looking back at the talent he cut in front of again.

Brod: You’re all going to thank me for this.

The scene fades…
==

Showcase Match:
Michael McKay vs. Victoria Salinas

[The two former GCW World Champions have had classic battles in the past, and this match would ultimately be no different. It was a technical display at the start of the match, with neither wrestler giving an inch, but obviously, McKay’s rust came into play in the early going as Victoria took control. She kept McKay grounded and did a solid job in keeping him off a vertical base before ultimately planting him with a Tornado DDT for a two count. When Victoria went to the top rope to maintain control, she would try a moonsault, but McKay blocked it. From there, it would be McKay in control, as he started to get back into the swing of things more and more as the match went on. Victoria didn’t have too much of an answer for McKay’s more power based repertoire, other than the occasional counter, but a big powerslam by McKay put things firmly in his control for the next few minutes, even after Victoria managed to find a way to kick out from that. In the middle stages of the match, McKay was even starting to dominate, but Victoria managed to counter a powerslam into a double knee backbreaker to even things up again.]

[As the middle stages of the match continued, neither wrestler really had an advantage over the other for very long. Just when it seemed like McKay would dominate for a few minutes, Victoria found something in her aerial arsenal to counter his power moves and on the flip side, every time Victoria went to fly, McKay telegraphed it as none of Victoria’s moves from the top rope were connecting the way she wanted. With her aerial assault being shut down, Victoria started to base her strategy around her technical prowess, catching McKay by surprise and having her take control. But again, McKay caught on and used his own prowess to match up with her and even things up again. This culminated with an ONCOMING STORM from McKay that WOULD have won the match… only Victoria grabbed the bottom rope in the nick of time. McKay would try a tilt-o-whirl slam, but Victoria countered it into the BURNING VICTORY! The Christos armbar brought McKay down to his knees, then down to the mat. Victoria was borderline desperate for a submission, but it wasn’t going to happen as McKay was able to inch his way to the bottom rope and grab it, forcing a rope break. Victoria tried to remain calm as she reluctantly broke the hold. She measured McKay as he got up. McKay got up and Victoria went for a Busaiku knee, but it got blocked! Victoria ran toward him again, but he caught her, lifted her up and planted her with the CATEGORY 5!!! The fans jumped from their seats, thinking that was it. McKay covered but NO, Victoria kicked out.]

[The dramatics led to the late stages of the match. McKay would go for another Oncoming Storm, but Victoria countered it into a hurricanrana that sent McKay bouncing off the ropes. Victoria connected with a Busaiku knee this time, then set up and connected with the GINGER BREAKER! The straightjacket neckbreaker slam had won Victoria many a match before, and here… McKay KICKED OUT! With both of her finishers not working, Victoria showed a bit of a confidence loss. Desperate, she waited for McKay to stand. Once he did, she tried going for the Burning Victory again and had it locked in when he was at a vertical base, but McKay countered it into a powerslam. McKay was in some shoulder pain afterward, but he got up, beating Victoria around the ring, even dominating. McKay went for the Oncoming Storm, but Victoria slipped out of it and countered with a SECOND Ginger Breaker! Victoria covered but NO, McKay kicked out AGAIN! Victoria covered her face, taking a couple of minutes to soak in the shock, as her confidence spiraled further. Desperate, she went to the top rope, despite it not working out before. She went for a corkscrew moonsault when McKay got up, but McKay CAUGHT HER! CATEGORY 5! The academic cover was made...BUT VICTORIA KICKED OUT! Now it was McKay that was stunned! McKay stood up, and got Victoria up. He was going to set her up for a third Category 5. Victoria slipped out of it and landed behind him. She springboarded off the ropes and drilled McKay with a springboard Busaiku knee to the gut. This caused McKay to double over. Victoria went to the apron, slingshotted herself off the top rope and NAILED MCKAY WITH A SPRINGBOARD FACEBUSTER! Victoria turned McKay over and pinned his shoulders to the mat, and got the three count!]

WINNER: Victoria Salinas

[The crowd went insane after the match was over, Victoria sitting by the fallen McKay in disbelief of what just happened. The first thing she did was check on him to make sure he was alright. After a brief minute or two, she managed to help him up and the fans cheered as they embraced each other before Michael left the ring to let Victoria have her moment. Victoria celebrated with the fans, as happy as she has been in a long, long time: guilt free, and fully having her confidence back. When she turned toward the stage, however, Kayla Jones was there, looking right at her. There was a brief staredown for a few moments before Kayla applauded her and turned around and walked back through the curtains, a quick reminder of what was to come in two weeks.]

==

[The scene fades into Tiffany Manning’s office. We see Tiffany Manning sitting behind her desk, the fans boo at her smiling face.]

Tiffany Manning: The Kayla Jones versus Victoria Salinas rivalry has taken many twist and turns along the way. It was never a matter of the match happening. Just a matter of when it would happen. A week ago on Twitter I announced the when. October 8th’s Hashtag Go Tiff Go Special will be a number one contenders match for the World Championship. Some had accused my of yanking Kayla’s chain by not making the match a #1 contender's match across the board initially. I am a woman with her finger on the pulse. The Sisterhood has said on numerous occasions they want to go after the tag team titles. I wanted to honor that. What’s fair is fair so if Kayla becomes number one contender and wins the World Championship, I will schedule her as a singles wrestler. Why? Because its my show. I left out one key piece of information, in two weeks, the match between Kayla and Victoria will be a 30 MINUTE IRONWOMAN MATCH.

Tiffany Manning: And because I want a definitive winner, there will be an overtime in the event of a tie. And... everyone in the locker room is banned from ringside. Screw up my main event and you will be fired on the spot. Thank you. Enjoy the rest of the show.

[End feed.]

==

(We’re backstage when we see Julia Alexis Noel step into view. The angelic face that normally sports a beautiful grin currently looks very intense as she glares at the camera.)

Julia: I already said this two weeks ago, but I think it bears repeating. I have been a GCW stalwart since its resurrection in 2012. Hell, I was GCW even before my sister Glory bought it from GDW. I was GCW back when it was still property of the now defunct GDW.

(She chuckles.)

Julia: In fact, you could say I am a GCW Original of the New Era. As a GCW Original, I care deeply for this company and I have fought for this company and for the fans of this company. They’ve cheered me, they’ve booed me, and everything in between, but that’s their choice as fans and that’s what makes this sport great and that’s why I love this sport. Freedom of expression. While Ginger Nation likes to crow about how they are the first TEAM to win both the GCW Global Tag Team Championship and GCW World Tag Team Championship, I was, in fact, the first individual ATHLETE to be a co-holder of both sets of tag titles; once with my boyfriend JaMarcus Avery who I will be teaming with tonight and once with my mother Aphrodite Noel. I have been GCW Television Champion. Point is, ladies and gentlemen, that the spirit of GCW pumps through my body!

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: I’m not sure I can say the same thing about our current World Champion Chantelle Chambers.

(The crowd can be heard booing in the background.)

Julia: I’m honestly not sure what you’re here for, Chambers. Are you here because you honestly enjoy what you do and you honestly enjoy being a wrestler? And if you do enjoy being a wrestler, what part of it do you enjoy? Do you enjoy this company and its fans or do you just enjoy the spotlight that comes with being world champion? As much as you whine on social media about all eyes being on you, I suspect that it’s the latter. A World Champion is the figurehead of the company. The world champion is the face and the representative of the company, and yet our representative only cares about her own damn self and doesn’t give a rat’s ass about GCW or its fans!

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: That can’t stand and I won’t let it stand!

(The crowd roars loudly.)

Julia: I’ve been named the number one contender to the GCW World Championship and I will get my opportunity to end your reign at the Shotgun Special in October. But first, you’ll get a taste of coming attractions here tonight when you and your bitch boy toy Pierce Manning climb into that ring against JaMarcus and myself.

(She nods her head.)

Julia: The Republic was formed to fight against tyranny in GCW and we will continue to fight against tyranny here tonight, the tyranny of Chantelle Chambers and Pierce Manning. No one wants to see you, Chambers, unless it’s to wrestle, because that’s your job! You are a wrestler, not some egotistical super model who needs her bitch boy to win matches! Tonight, you get a dose of reality heading into the Shotgun Special and then maybe, just maybe, you are not just in for a fight, you are in for a war and that your world championship is truly in jeopardy, because I am The Kensington Knockout and I’m coming for your title and, just as my sister has often said, you will have to kill me if you want to stop me! And that goes for the Shotgun Special and it goes for tonight as well. Tonight, I humble you.

==

The Brod and Pierce Manning stand in the ring prior to the main event.

The Brod: Ladies and gentlemen… the time has come!

The crowd begins to boo.

Pierce: Shut up, you dirty Mongrels!

Brod: It’s okay, Pierce… these derelicts do not understand… cannot hope to fathom in their pea-sized minds… the glory and greatness they are about to witness!

The Brod returns his attention to the crowd, who are as incensed as they’ve been all night.

Brod: That’s okay… you don’t know any better. But the time has now come to see the most important figure in GCW today! She is the reigning GCW World Champion… the greatest World Champion in this company’s history! And after a month away from this program, she has decided that it is right here Mexico City where she will return to this program for the first time since her SUCCESSFUL World Champion defense at Deadly Dreams!

Pierce: Everyone… turn your eyes to view the beauty and grace of YOUR WORLD CHAMPION… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS!

The crowd boos… but turn to face the top of the ramp. Chantelle Chambers is carried out onto the stage on a platform carried by four men. She lay sprawled out on top of it, the World Championship belt set in front of her. As her music plays, the men carry Chantelle down the ramp to the ring, where The Brod and Pierce wait at the ropes to hold them open for her. With the platform level to the ring, she walks across, standing in the ring. The Brod holds onto her World Championship as Chantelle makes her way to the middle of the ring, a microphone in her hand. The crowd boos… and Chantelle responds by blowing them a very sarcastic kiss.

Chantelle: This is a moment of celebration!

She stretches her arms out as The Brod wraps the belt around her waist. Once it is securely in place, she returns to her microphone.

Chantelle: One month ago, I told you that I would compete and appear on Shotgun when I decide to… and it looks like GCW took the message, because here we are… Mexico City. It’s like the entire company followed me on vacation with the hopes of getting me to appear. And here I am… the gamble paid off.

The crowd continues to boo the thought that the company followed Chambers – They’ve had their tickets for months.

Chantelle: And by virtue of my being here, this show has just increased in importance a hundred times over. I’m the only talent in GCW who is able to bring that kind of benefit… you ungrateful cretins should be on your hands and knees thanking whatever God you believe in that I decided to appear here. Because, on my presence alone, you are experiencing history.

Still booing. Chantelle smirks while The Brod covers his ears.

Chantelle: Don’t worry… if I cared about your silly little opinions, your booing me might get to me. Instead, I understand what they are. They are a desperate cry by a powerless mass to have an effect on something they realistically have no way of stopping. I am the World Champion… do you really think there is anyone in the back who is capable of taking this from me?

The crowd begins to chant… “BRADDOCK! BRADDOCK! BRADDOCK!”. Chantelle laughs.

Chantelle: Please… Julia Braddock… IF she is lucky enough to get through tonight… there is no way I’m losing my Championship to a woman who wasn’t strong enough to prevent herself from being adopted as an adult. Come on… how pathetic is that!? No… the fact is, this here… this is something you are going to have to get used to because I am not going to lose this Championship… not now, not ever! I am going to be YOUR WORLD CHAMPION until such a point as I get bored with it. Now… bring our opponents out here so I can prove once again why I AM the greatest World Champion in GCW history and why it is always… ALL EYES ON ME!

She drops the microphone and awaits The Republic…

The Republic vs Chantelle Chambers & Pierce Manning.

Julia Braddock-Noel and Pierce Manning started the match. Almost immediately, Chantelle jumped Julia from behind. Before the couple could enjoy a two on one advantage, JaMarcus entered the ring to cut Pierce off. Julia regained her composure. She soon gained the advantage on Chantelle. The Republic cleared the ring of Manning-Chambers. With the early match scuffle died down, Manning and Noel had a more straight up start to the match.

The Republic, showing their experience, did cut the ring in half. Pierce was overwhelmed until Chantelle blindtagged herself in the ring. Before she knew it, Chantelle took Julia down with a spear. It was Manning/Chambers turn to cut the ring off. Chantelle scored near fall after near fall. Julia kicking out again and again annoyed her. The turning point came when Pierce and Julia in the ring. A well timed blockbuster gave Julia the time to tag in JaMarcus. Taking advantage of the hot tag he cleared house. Near fall after near fall swung the momentum back into the hands of The Republic. Once Chantelle got back in the ring, all four competitors dueled it out.

The end came when Pierce was crawling towards the corner to tag Chantelle in. Wanting to prove his manhood, he refused to tag. JaMarcus, seeing Pierce wasn’t going to tag out, met him in the middle of the ring. Pierce kicked JaMarcus in the gut, doubled over he set him for for The Beat The Man(nning). JaMarcus didn’t let it get that far. He pushed Pierce off, on the bounce back from the ropes, he perfectly transitioned into Court Marshalled.

One. Two. Three. The Republic wins.

Not thrilled with the outcome Chantelle stormed off leaving Pierce alone. JaMarcus and Julia Braddock celebrated in the ring. Julia made the belt motion sign. Chantelle held up her championship as Shotgun went off the air.