Shotgun 5.24 RESULTS

Jazmyn Rain

Shotgun 5.24 RESULTS

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Our scene rises up in the parking lot, where Chantelle Chambers enters the arena alone. She is quickly approached by Samuel Price.

Price: Chantelle… Chantelle Chambers… what are you going to do tonight with your manager, The Brod, banned from the arena?

Chantelle stops. She thinks about her answer before leaning towards the microphone.

Chambers: Piss off, Price!

She begins to storm away, very openly not answering the question asked. Price stands in the parking lot, dumbfounded…

(The first few chords of “Always” by Saliva begins to play.)

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

Forgotten No More vs. El Perros

[Drake Hemmingway and Slade Merriman have dealt with plenty of humiliation and frustration at the hands of Axl Austin in recent weeks and that frustration would come out against the el Perros who stood no chance and no mercy whatsoever against them as a total beatdown would occur in this match. Slade started off the beating by completely punishing El Perro, taking constant shots at the head with lariats, punches, back elbows and most wickedly, a big boot to the side of the head, which seemed to dim his lights quite significantly. Slade pinned El Perro after a huge powerbomb, but Slade broke up his own count and force dragged El Perro to the corner to force tag in Mrs. El Perro who was frightened as she stepped in. Slade then tagged in Drake and the result wasn’t much better as a massive clothesline sent Mrs. El Perro flipping like a pancake and landing hard, chest first into the center of the mat. Drake would then spinebuster her into the mat, shaking the ring, then forcing a camel clutch on her before he picked her up and viciously slammed her into the mat. Drake tagged Slade back in. El Perro got up, but Drake gave him a big boot to the side of the head to send him rolling out of the ring. They double powerbombed Mrs. El Perro and then gave her the full nelson facebuster/leaping reverse STO combination! Slade pinned Mrs. El Perro to score the academic win.]

WINNERS: Forgotten No More

[They weren’t quite done yet as Slade added insult to injury by tearing the mask off of Mrs. El Perro, but not revealing her face. They would constantly beat her down, culminating with Drake giving her a sickening, reverse piledriver powerbomb maneuver. Mrs. El Perro went limp after that, blood coming out of her face. Drake left the ring and brought two chairs into it. They were about to give a con-chair-to to Mrs. El Perro, possibly trying to cause her some brain damage before Axl Austin ran in with an aluminum baseball bat.Axl took a swing, knocking Slade’s chair out of his hands, thus prompting Forgotten No More to leave the ring and head up the ramp, looking to fight another night. EMT’s quickly came out to check on Mrs. El Perro as the announcers expressed relief Axl came out before any further damage could be done.]

[Shotgun fades into the hallway and the Phoenix crowd erupts at the sight of Victoria Salinas who just arrived in the building. She seems a bit confident going into tonight’s events, despite the fact that she has much on her plate being back in the GCW World Championship picture. She finds herself in the catering area before too long, and she sits down to take a bit of a breather. However, she’s not going to have that much of one, before someone else catches up with her.]

Voice: Vicky…

[Victoria is caught off guard by the sudden appearance of General Manager Allison Mayberry.]

Victoria: Hey…

Allison: You’re not mad at me are you?

Victoria: Why would I be mad at you?

Allison: Well, I’ve heard from some people that you hate being given the night off. Or maybe that was that prideful mask you once wore, talking.

Victoria: No, I’m not mad at you. I have no reason to be.

Allison: Oh, well then… anyway, I did want to talk to you at some point because I actually have something planned for you, a heavy responsibility that I know I can entrust you with.

[Victoria is curious, though without knowing anything, she appears concerned too.]

Victoria: Heavy responsibility?

Allison: Yes, involving the main event tonight. As you know, I am doing the best I can to minimize any potential nonsense and controversy that has surrounded the title reign of Chantelle Chambers in recent months, hence why any interference means losing your job and why I banned Broderick Chase from the building tonight. But I’m just not comfortable with the situation yet. See, Chantelle… it wouldn’t surprise me if she still had another trick or two up her sleeve to do whatever it takes to retain the title and you know that for Shotgun’s image, we NEED to have a fair and balanced title match so in order to ensure that, call it overprotective, I’ve decided to make you the special enforcer tonight!

[The crowd cheers, though Victoria seems uncertain about this.]

Victoria: Are you SURE about this? I understand wholeheartedly what you’re trying to do Allison, but you know that anything can happen. I could very well be deciding who I face at Survival of the Fittest if things get out of hand and I’m not entirely comfortable knowing that possibility exists.

Allison: Vicky, believe me. I understand your concerns, but I’m doing this for the good of the show, and for the good of the title. Regardless of who walks out of here with the championship, I want a fair, competitive title match that is going to restore some image credibility to this show. There is nobody I trust more with this responsibility more than you. Don’t worry. Everything is going to be just fine. Do what you need to do to keep things on a level playing field, and regardless of how it turns out, outcome wise, you don’t need to worry about bungling this responsibility. Anyway, I have other matters to attend to. I’ll see you around.

[Allison at that point leaves the catering area to take care of her other business for the night. Victoria stays behind, thinking about the heavy responsibility that was just placed on her. She still appears concerned, knowing that something could easily go wrong, but she takes a deep breath to calm down, knowing that she has nothing to worry about.]

Victoria: I hope she’s right. I’d hate for something to happen that people would regret later.

[Victoria stands up and leaves the catering area, trying to do the best she can to focus on what she needs to do in the main event later tonight. The announcers briefly discuss this latest move by Allison, largely being positive about it knowing that it further reduces the odds of Chantelle committing any underhanded tactics to retain the title. The scene fades.]

Katherine Prescott is backstage, chatting with a few of the female prelim wrestlers for the show. She soon takes her leave and turns around... only to almost bump into none other than Jason Redfield. The two stare at each other in silence for several, long moments... before Katherine clears her throat and speaks.

Katherine: Jason... uh... hi.

Jason: ...

Katherine: ... Yeah, I guess I should've expected the silent treatment, can't say I blame you. Look, I...

Jason quickly holds up a hand to silence her.

Jason: Stop. I don't want to hear your excuses. Honestly, I don't really want to even speak to you. You walk back in here, make all these sorry-ass apologies and expect everything to be okay? No, it doesn't work that way.

Katherine: You're right, it doesn't... but I hope, one day, I can earn yours and everyone elses forgiveness for how I acted.

Jason: The only thing I think you've 'earned' is an asskicking. Believe me, it's taking all the restraint I have not to give you one.

Katherine: I deserve one... but, to be fair, you gave me a pretty good one several months ago.

Jason: Fair? Fair!? Don't talk to me about fairness, I broke your nose, you broke half my face!

Jason rubs his face, where Katherine smashed it with a lead pipe.

Jason: You know, the side of my face still aches at times from that pipe shot that shattered the bones there, so I have a constant reminder of what you did. You want forgiveness? Go to Church, because you won't be getting it from me anytime soon, if ever. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got more important things to do than to hang around talking to the likes of you.

Jason storms off, leaving a frustrated Katherine behind.

Katherine: Damnit.

Tyson Kenneth O’Reilly vs. Kordy

[Tyson didn’t know what to make of Kordy when he first saw her, and he was definitely caught off guard when she came right at him knocking him down with a spinning heel kick. That would basically be an indicator at how this match would end up going as Kordy would wear down her opponent with a sequence of submissions from a Boston crab, to a kneebar, a cross armbreaker and a sleeper hold. Kordy would try for a cover, but ultimately, TKO managed to kick out of it. He managed to come back with a shoulder tackle, but Kordy moved out of the way when he went for an elbow drop. A shining wizard right to the head would further tip things in Kordy’s favor as she refused to let up on him,. Next came the aerial assault as she came from the top rope with a cross body and a missile dropkick. She didn’t quite get the three count after the missile dropkick, but she knew she was coming close. Kordy missed with a kick, and TKO gave her a belly to belly suplex, giving him an opening to start a rally. A few punches in the corner later, and he brought her down with a vertical suplex into a pin, but Kordy kicked out. Tyson would go for another belly to belly, but Kordy landed on her feet. Tyson turned around right into a dropkick to the knee from Kordy. Kordy got up as Tyson went to one knee. Kordy then came in with a BUZZSAW KICK OUT OF NOWHERE! Tyson fell limp on the mat and eyes rolled to the back of his head, and the referee immediately called for the bell as the fans sprung out of their seats at what just happened.]

WINNER (by KO): Kordy

[Half the crowd was stunned at the sudden KO as the announcers were going a bit nuts about how Kordy came in with that buzzsaw kick from nowhere. Kordy got her hand raised, and she seemed to be quite satisfied with what she just did to her opponent as the referee suddenly called for people to come out and help Tyson Kenneth O’Reilly. Kordy went up the ramp, smirking at what she pulled off.]

(We cut backstage where we find Joey Michaels, the self-proclaimed Hottest Summer Blockbuster, standing by with GCW’s roving reporter and hall of famer Janice King.)

Janice: Ok everyone, I am now standing by with “The Hottest Summer Blockbuster” Joey Michaels. Thanks for joining me.

Joey: Sure, Janice.

Janice: Now tonight you face off against Skogul, formerly known as Melanie McBride. This must be incredibly awkward for you.

(He chuckles.)

Joey: Not awkward at all. Melanie is someone else’s sister, not mine. I tried to confront that person about why family is important but I guess I’m on my own. It would help to have backup but hey, if I don’t have backup that’s fine, I’ll do it on my own. I’ll fight Skogul on my own. I’ll go through that dirtbag Nero if I have to and I’ll break him in half like I broke my idiot brother in half. But by God someone will pay for what was done to my sister Sierra and I will get Sierra back!

“Joey…”

(Janice and Joey both turn to see Karen McBride approaching.)

Karen: You were saying something about having no backup?

Joey: Yeah?

Karen: Melanie is my sister. And damnit, I do care! I just didn’t want to go to war again, not after the war with Silas…but…

(She nods her head.)

Karen: …you’re right, we have to fight. And I will fight with you.

(Joey grins.)

Joey: That’s exactly what I needed to hear.

Backstage…

Nate Lawson can be seen pacing around in front of the camera.

Lawson: You know, I’ve had to claw my way back from a lot over the course of my career. I was riding my motorcycle in Montreal, Quebec when I was run off the road by a Mack truck. I endured through political bullshit in GDW, where I happened to piss off an “influential” talent. I have fought through promotion after promotion where I was typecast as “the MMA guy”. I have overcome every label and every obstacle put in front of me until I got where I am standing right now. In mere moments, I’ll be stepping through that curtain and marching to the ring to face a depraved individual named Adrian Waters…

Lawson smirks.

Lawson: It’s no secret that Waters and I simply don’t mesh. We’re like water and oil – he is everything that is wrong with the industry – a man who was gift-wrapped opportunities because he wasn’t afraid to kiss Tiffany Manning’s ass, yet will decry anyone who actually EARNED opportunity. That’s what he’s done with me. He’ll go on Twitter claiming to want to face me, but certainly not enough to do a damn thing about it. He’d avoid facing me for the rest of his career if Tiffany Manning would have let him, and she would have. But, thankfully the good Doctor Henry Van Stanton took care of that, and Allison Mayberry put forward the match that the people want. Really, that’s what’s best for business.

He nods.

Lawson: So tonight, Adrian… I hope you’re ready to back up all of your shit-talking. I hope that you’re ready to face me because I’m ready to face you. I hope you’re ready because after I’m finished, after I’m GCW Television Champion, no excuse you make will be good enough. And I’m sure you’ve already thought of them all! Tonight, I leave it all out there – no excuses Adrian. Tonight, you tap.

With that, Lawson exits the scene… we go to the ring…

Skogul vs. Joey Michaels

[This match between Joey Michaels and the former Melanie McBride was definitely as personal as you might expect it to be as this was definitely a fast paced match with neither wrestler giving an inch. Eventually, with a chop block to the back of the leg, Skogul would take control and once she took to the skies, Joey was definitely in trouble. Skogul would definitely get the first cover of the match after she came off the top rope with a diving plancha onto a standing Joey that would result in a two count. The aerial assault continued with a springboard dropkick that would keep Joey down on the mat. When Skogul tried to connect with a springboard senton, Joey caught her and floored her to the mat with a modified spinebuster that resulted in a two count. Joey would then use his size advantage, using an array of suplexes to keep Skogul grounded and out of the skies. After torturing her for a couple of minutes with a cloverleaf submission, with was broken up with a rope break, Joey got his first cover of the match after he hit her with a brainbuster in the center of the ring. However, Skogul would get the kickout at two. Still the fans were behind Joey and they weren’t about to give up on him. A ducked clothesline followed by a Pele kick however, would put Skogul back in control.

Still, as the match went into the latter stages, neither wrestler could put the other away. Skogul looked like she may have had it when she hit a tornado DDT from the second rope, but Joey was able to grab the bottom rope at the last second. Likewise, Joey hit a huge fallaway slam off a top rope rebound from Skogul, but all he was able to get was a two count. The match spilled to the outside of the ring for a little bit, with Skogul regaining control of things when she managed to trick Joey into falling into the steel steps. Skogul got Joey back in the ring. Skogul went for a corkscrew moonsault, but Joey Michaels BLOCKED IT! They both got up and Joey brought down Skogul with a big superkick. The crowd was cheering as she was obviously about to go for the Joey Effect! Joey patiently waited for Skogul to get up. She did. Joey walked up to her to begin to deliver the Joey Effect. However, before he could get the move going, Skogul came out of nowhere with a low blow, right in the vision of the referee! The referee obviously called for the bell as Joey went down in a heap.]

WINNER (by DQ): Joey Michaels

[The crowd booed as Skogul pounced on Joey and started to beat the crap out of him. Things got worse when Skuld came into the ring and joined in the beating, never mind the fact that she was doing this to her own brother. The Valkyries would double team Joey for a bit, before Karen McBride came out to cheers from the crowd. Karen knocked down Skuld, but soon found herself locking eyes with Skogul, HER own sister. Karen couldn’t bring herself to fight Skogul, giving Skuld the opportunity to recover and attack Karen from behind. Now Karen was getting double teamed until they brought her down with the “Flight of the Valkyries”. Joey didn’t fare much better, as they went after him again and took him down with the “Nirvana” double team combo! The Valkyries stood above their respective siblings, almost as if they made their warning shot clear!]

[The video begins to play and as it does, we find ourselves… well, in what appears to be a field, actually. In the middle of the field, is a roaring bonfire, what has to be at least six or seven feet high and the flames licking from the top are higher still. The roar of the fire and the crackling of the wood is all we hear as the camera gets closer, two figures can be seen standing facing the fire, shrouded in shadow as the flames dance across them, the dancing light making it difficult to confirm who those figures are as we approach. As we get close enough to the fire, one of the two figures begins to speak and as they do, we finally find out that one of the two – the speaker – is Cody Lindberg-Knight.]

Cody: Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot… I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot!

[As he pauses briefly, Cody turns to look at the camera now and the flames continue to send shadows and orange glow dancing across him as he continues the poem.]

Cody: Guy Fawkes and his companions, did the scheme contrive, to blow up the kind and parliament, all up alive… Three score barrels, laid below, to prove old England’s overthrow… but by God’s providence, him they did catch, with a dark lantern, lighting a match…

[Christy turns and steps by Cody’s side.]

Christy: Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot… I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot…

[Christ falls silent and the pair simply stand there for a few seconds, the fire crackling away behind them before Cody’s face splits into a thin smile.]

Cody: I bet most of you wankers are wondering what all the theatrics are about, huh? This is while it sucks being a Brit here in Yankee doodle dandy land, ‘cause none of you have any fuckin’ clue what I’m talking about most of the time, and short of people who may VAGUELY know that rhyme from that movie V for Vendetta, I bet none of you have any fuckin’ clue what I’m going on about, do ya?

[Cody scoffs]

Cody: So for those of you who ain’t intelligent, lemme explain… see, a long long time ago, before this place was even a COUNTRY, back in the sixteen hundreds, there was this guy called Guy Fawkes. And as a catholic, he wanted to stick it to the king, who was a protestant… so he hatched a plan to blow up Parliament and the king with it! So off he went, with barrel upon barrel of gunpowder, all stashed underneath the parliament buildings… only he was found out, literally caught trying to set the gunpowder off… a seventeenth century suicide bomber when all’s said and done… and some years later, the date of his plan getting foiled and Fawkes being caught has been observed as a national holiday in the UK. Guy Fawkes night, also known as bonfire night, is pretty much known for a night where people build fires, just like this one behind us right now… and it’s tradition to make an effigy of Guy Fawkes himself, which is placed on TOP of the fire… and then there’s food and drink and fireworks as we celebrate the tossers plan getting ruined and his subsequent execution. And ya know, it’s one of the things that I miss about being back in old Blighty, ‘cause bonfire night were always a great night when I were a kid; we’d eat burgers and stand around the fire watching the fireworks, an’ London has some GREAT firework displays, believe me… but it’s a British thing an’ you lot over here probably don’t even know who the fuck Guy Fawkes is, save for that plastic mask from that film I just mentioned…

[Cody shakes his head.]

Cody: So I figured that I’d introduce the tradition over THIS side of the pond instead! And I even made a guy to burn on the top, just like we’d do back home. Want to see?

[Cody smirks before bending down and grabbing a raggedy scarecrow looking thing, old clothes stuffed with straw and tied together to resemble a person. Only, when Cody holds it up, the head has a picture of Tiffany Manning stuck to the front, her face as clear as day thanks to the light from the bonfire.]

Cody: …surprised?

[Cody and Christy both let out a laugh.]

Cody: You shouldn’t be! See, I think I made myself more than obvious when I returned to this company two weeks ago, I ain’t just come back for the easy money. No. Cody Lindberg-Knight isn’t just back to cash his paycheques, I’m back ‘cause I’ve got a bit of unfinished business around this place! Last time I were ‘ere, I was holding that shiny World title, an’ ya know, I always thought I’d get it back before I went and broke my leg, leaving me side-lined for months… only, the company keeps going, don’t it? And there I were, stuck at home, Christy stuck here in GCW without me, and me growing more and more disillusioned with the business as time passed… but now? Well, I’m fit as a fiddle pal, and ready to stake my place in this shit-heap once again! Only, I know I aint gonna get a fair shake at the stick, ‘cause it doesn’t work like that. I’ll have to start from scratch… which means I start the same way I started LAST time around, by going after the X-Division championship! You know the story after that, folks… which leads me to THIS woman right here…

[Cody, who is holding the guy by the neck, shakes it a little so that ‘Tiffany’s’ head wobbles about a bit.]

Cody: Tiff… oh Tiff, it’s nothing personal love… but right now, you’ve got the key to me returning back to where I belong. And unfortunately, that’s put a nice big target on your back, ain’t it? So consider this fair warning love, ‘cause no one can say I ain’t fair. That little trinket of yours, I’m coming for it! And unlike every other time, there ain’t gonna be any Go Tiff Go hashtags floating around, ‘cause once I’m done, it’ll “Gone. Tiff’s gone!”…

[All of a sudden, Cody turns and throws the ‘guy fawkes’ up on top of the bonfire, the thing landing splayed out on it’s back with the face clearly visible as it begins to smoke and catch alight.]

Cody: That’s your title reign love… going up in smoke! Remember, remember, the fifth of November… ‘cause that’s when I unveiled my plot! I see no reason, why Tiff-hunting season, should ever… be… forgot!

[And with that, Cody and Christy both walk away, the camera’s attention turning to the guy, which is now burning wildly on top of the fire. And on cue, behind the bonfire, fireworks begin to erupt, firing into the sky above, bursting and filling the air with beautiful colours, but the camera continues to watch as Tiff’s face burns, bubbles and blisters into ash, the scene slowly fading to black.]

Roderick Osborn is shown standing by, about to conduct his next interview.

Osborn: Joining me at this time... Mike Michaels.

Mike walks into view, grinning ear to ear and clapping Roderick on the back.

Mike: WOOOOO!!! How you doin', Rodster!? Beautiful day, ain't it?

Osborn: Er, yes... you requested this time, Mr. Michaels, what's on your mind?

Mike: Straight to the chase, huh? Well, I'll tell you what's up... I have got the biggest scoop of the century! Something that will alter the course of GCW history for years to come!

Osborn: Sounds intriguing.

Mike: Intriguing? No baby, this is history in the making! Survival of the Fittest, I'm going to be debuting the hottest free agent GCW has ever laid its peepers on! Shotgun Exclusive, sorry Livewire... in fact, Allison Mayberry should be thanking me for bringing Shotgun such a valuable commodity!

Osborn: Any hints?

Mike: Oh no! You and all the other morons out there are going to have to wait 'til the Pay Per View to feast your eyes on this wrestler! Now, if you'll excuse me, Ol' Simba's got an appointment to keep! WOOOOO!!!

Mike makes his exit.

Osborn: Back to you guys.

Kenny Perry vs. Cody Lindberg-Knight

[The fans were definitely taking interest in this match, knowing that they were bearing witness to a return of a former world champion. Both guys were evenly matched at the start, as Cody was getting used to being back in the swing of things. For the first three minutes, neither guy really had an advantage over the other. However, a blocked DDT attempt, followed by a spike DDT, would put Kenny in control, and he’d maintain his control, taking advantage of Cody’s obvious ring rust. The next couple of minutes would feature Kenny keeping Cody grounded with a swinging neckbreaker, a moonsault, a single leg crab, and a side kick to the head. Kenny went for the cover after that, but Cody kicked out at two. Kenny went to the top rope and went for a shooting star press. Cody BLOCKED the move, got up, and was pissed off. Cody took down Kenny with a vicious fisherman’s suplex into a pinfall attempt. Kenny kicked out, but it was all Cody Lindberg-Knight from that point on as the switch turned on and he dominated from there. Cody cornered him and punched the daylights out of him, keeping him at bay, before bringing him down with a belly to belly suplex. He’d follow this up with two of his signatures: Dual-Nationality and the Union Jack. He then went up to the top rope and connected with the Model Behaviour, but he wasn’t quite done yet. Cody picked up Kenny from the mat, set him up and… (INTER) NATIONAL TREASURE! Game over! Cody turned Kenny over on his back, and got the three count!]

Winner: Cody Lindberg-Knight

[Cody got his hand raised in victory, but he wouldn’t be alone for long as Christy Hightower came into the ring to join in on the celebration. Cody was pleased, and he looked like he wanted to go another few minutes. The announcers noted that Cody was definitely in trouble for a while, before he caught fire and dominated toward the end. They wondered how he’d be when he fully got back into the swing of things as the celebration continued in the ring.]

(An image of Chantelle Chambers appears on the screen. A voice over of Julia Braddock-Noel is heard.)

“Behold the face of a quitter…”

(We cut to an image of Chantelle Chambers tapping out at the #GoTiffGo Shotgun Special but the referee didn’t see it.)

“…worse yet, behold your world champion, a criminal…”

(We cut to Julia Braddock-Noel, now live, in front of a GCW logo backdrop.)

Julia: No one can tell me I am exaggerating. I am not exaggerating. I had Chambers beaten. She was tapping out. I should have won that match and become World Champion but it was not to be, because Chambers and her manager STOLE it from me!

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: Thanks to our new General Manager, I have a chance to make things right, but more importantly, I have the opportunity to mete out justice. And tonight, not only will I become the new GCW World Champion, but I will make sure that Chantelle Chambers gets her just desserts. She will get what is coming to her. And I will get what I deserve.

Previously Recorded

Samuel Price can be seen sitting in a chair.

Price: Thank you for joining me. Sitting across from me is the woman who has been at the center of the controversies surrounding former Shotgun General Manager Tiffany Manning… I am, of course, talking about Isabella Harker. Isabella, thank you for joining me.

Harker nods.

Price: Let’s get the obvious question out of the way… How do you feel knowing that, in three weeks, you’re set to challenge the X-Division Champion for that belt in a Lumberjack match?

Harker laughs.

Harker: Loaded question right off the bat.

Price: The people want to know.

Harker: Nervous… excited… apprehensive…

Price: Let’s focus on that last one. Why are you apprehensive?

Harker: Because there’s too much unknown. Look, I know Tiffany Manning. I know her management style. I know that she gave out a lot of favors to a lot of people who scratched her back while showing vindictiveness to those who didn’t. Look at Adrian Waters for the former. He was rewarded after getting “screwed” out of the World Title with another title shot, and has been one of her most outspoken advocates. Gabby Austin was a critic and kept off shows, which I’ve lamented against repeatedly to Tiffany directly, and wasn’t put on shows again until she HELPED Tiff.

Price: I want to ask about something you just said there… you said you lamented to Tiffany directly about Golden Class being kept off TV. Why there? Why didn’t you do it publicly?

Harker laughs.

Harker: I’m very wary of what I do in public. I know that no matter what happens, people will try to twist it. I know that if I vouched for Golden Class publicly, I would have been accused to trying to win loyalty and lessening my competition, so to speak. But it was wrong what she did. A lot of what Tiffany did was wrong.

Price: And now that Gabby has taken a firm stance against you’re alleged status as “golden child”, do you regret that?

Harker: Yes and no. If Gabby Austin had such a problem with me that she contained this grudge after I retained my title against her, she wouldn’t have been moved by my endorsement anyway. But they both deserved better. They should have been competing without having to sell a soul to Tiffany Manning. You want to know why I’m apprehensive? Because nothing regarding Tiffany would surprise me anymore. If she found a way to reward half the roster, only to call in favors now to protect herself, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Price: Tiffany claims to love you…

Harker rolls her eyes.

Price: Clearly you feel otherwise. Is this a case of a scorned woman?

Harker: Look, I have no problem with that. If she, as she says, “loves me”, she sure has a funny way of showing it. You don’t compromise the integrity of someone you love. You don’t try to run down someone you love. You don’t actively try to humiliate someone you love. You don’t punish someone you love for not loving you back. That’s gotten people far more powerful than Tiffany was outright fired, and I’m pretty sure acting on that type of thing is illegal. But think about it… she has tried time and time again to make our entire issue out to be my fault… because I wasn’t giving in to her advances – professional OR personal. How deeply do you think that wounds someone like me? Someone who should be PROUD of who they are and what they do?

Price: I imagine it’s quite damaging.

Harker: People wondered why I wasn’t so up front about what I was feeling when Tiffany was trying to cater to me. I think I can say that these are people who have NEVER had to go through what I went through with their boss. I hope, for their sakes, that they never do. Tiffany’s constant favor – intervening in my matches to try and help me when I clearly opposed it, her showering of opportunities when I wanted to EARN them the right way – put me in an uncomfortable position. The fact that she held that up as “reciprocate or I’m going to punish you” is perhaps the worst kind of victim-blaming… the most despicable. She was blaming me for her making me a victim because I wouldn’t give in. It was MY fault. Can you believe that?

Price: So now, you’re set to face Tiffany Manning, who’s not a trained wrestler, at Survival of the Fittest. What kind of mindset do you go into that match with, given everything that’s happened between you two?

Harker sits back.

Harker: My mindset is that I’m going to avenge myself. I’m going to avenge the way I was victimized. I’m going to avenge the way I was used. I’m going to avenge the way I was expected to reciprocate to Tiffany’s affections and punished when I refused. And I’m going to take a symbolic stand for anyone who has ever found themselves in my shoes. Anyone who has ever had favor expected for opportunity. That’s my commitment. I’m taking this stand because I HAVE to. I have to show that the behavior Tiffany has displayed is NOT acceptable, and that it’s okay to stand up to it.

Price: What do you say to folks like Gabby Austin who don’t believe you deserve the position you’re in?

Isabella chuckles a bit.

Harker: If Gabby Austin has an issue with me, instead of attacking me from behind and talking from the safety of Twitter, GCW has these neat things called “rings”. It’s where we settle our differences. She can find me there in two weeks.

Price: Is that a challenge?

Harker: Call it an invitation.

Price: Isabella Harker and Gabriela Austin in a confrontation in one week? I think that’s something big. Anyway, thank you for giving us this eye-opening look into your mindset. And best of luck in three weeks at Survival of the Fittest.

Harker: Thank you, Sam…

Price leans forward, and Isabella shakes his hand. The scene fades…

X-Division Championship: Tiffany Manning © vs. Madame Santos

[Tiffany got some MASSIVE heat when she made her entrance and there were pockets of the crowd obviously cheering for Madame Santos even though she hadn’t won a match in GCW in an eternity. But when the bell rang, Tiffany tried to run for the hills. She rolled out of the ring and it turned out to be a wild goose chase as Madame Santos did everything she could to catch up to her, but Tiffany kept throwing weapons like a steel chair and part of the steps in her way, constantly getting in and out of the ring, frustrating her challenger. The fans were booing this display. Santos got close to her at one point, but Tiffany spit in her face, further setting her off when she started running again. She grabbed the championship and wanted to use it in order to get herself disqualified and retain the title that way, but the referee snatched it out of her hands before she could do so. Tiffany began to plead with the referee, taking her eye off the ball. Madame Santos was coming for her and she saw this in the nick of time. She ran out of the ring again and tried to escape through the crowd, but the crowd caught her and rejected her attempt, pushing her back out. This enabled Madame Santos to finally catch up to her and toss her inside the ring.

Once Santos got in there, dare we say, she began to dominate the match as her obvious experience advantage came into play. An impressive array of moves from a snapmare to a neckbreaker seemed like that was going to be what it took, but Tiff, to the surprise of many, managed to kick out of the neckbreaker. Santos locked her into a torture rack, as tiff screamed and begged for mercy. The crowd was loving the torture that she was going through as she refused to quit, screaming at the ref that for Isabella, she couldn’t quit. Santos then gave her a Samoan drop and signaled that she was going to finish her off. However, Julia The Enigma sneaked into the proceedings through the crowd and hopped on the apron. The referee became distracted with her enabling Jenni Anderson and Allison Lorraine to get involved and double team Madame Santos. This double team wouldn’t last long as Hannah Myers and Destiny Skye came out to the ring to deal with them. Both teams of two clotheslined each other out of the ring, enabling Santos to recover. Santos knocked The Enigma off the apron and then out of nowhere, Tiffany rolled up Santos, pulling the tights as the referee counted three and the fans cried foul!]

Winner and STILL X-Division Champion: Tiffany Manning

[Security came down to deal with the Ginger Nation-Controversy brawl as Madame Santos was incensed, arguing with the referee after he handed Tiffany the title. To add insult to injury, Tiffany clocked Santos in the back of the head with the belt, knocking her out and then beginning to celebrate like a Chicago Cubs fan after their beloved team won the World Series! The announcers condemned Ginger Nation and Tiffany Manning for what they just pulled off, as they openly hoped that Isabella Harker would be the one to bring justice to the X-Division title.]

[Shotgun fades to a clip of last Shotgun, where Ginger Nation is putting a beating on Destiny Skye before the save was made by Karina Lysenko of all people, much to the surprise of the crowd.]

Karina: I know people were shocked that I’d do such a thing…

[The scene fades to Karina, standing by in a locker room.]

Karina: But I did it for a reason, well, many, but it all ties to one thing. First off, Ginger Nation. They absolutely disgust me. I don’t understand why they, with a numbers advantage already, would want a FOURTH member! They’re already a three headed monster, why do we need to add a fourth? It doesn’t make sense to me. Their commercials are completely asinine and they make me want to do something I’d obviously regret later, as if I didn’t have anything else to regret, right? The point is, I wasn’t going to stand by and allow them to beat down Destiny Skye like that and honestly, I back Controversy 100%. I know that it’s just me… a “perennial loser” on Shotgun who hasn’t won a match on television in god knows how long… and obviously I don’t know Hannah or Destiny very well, but I want to put this out there. If they need me to neutralize that third ginger who’s not in their match, I’ll do it! I want to bring down Ginger Nation alongside Controversy, because Hannah and Destiny? I have so much in common with them. Destiny once was an afterthought, like I’ve been, when she was in McBride Corp. and being Drake Dillon’s arm candy. Hannah has been doing what I’ve wanted to do, redeem herself. And speaking of that…

Am I the only one that’s rather upset that Madame Santos, who has gone even longer than I have without a television win, is getting an X-Division title shot tonight? That makes me just… forget it, let’s not go too far off track.

Bottom line, Ginger Nation, if you thought two weeks ago was just a one off to get back on television again, as I’m sure that theory’s been floated around, than you are sadly mistaken. That was a declaration of war from me. There is not enough resistance to you people and that’s why Ginger Nation has been allowed to hang around like the virus that will never go away in many variations. It’s time we EXTERMINATE Ginger Nation from existence here in GCW and I will have ANYONE’S back that wants to be part of that cause! You can all go ahead and overlook me just because I was “Travis Vessey’s bitch” last year and have been in the back of the line, hardly making progress in my own career, but that’s okay. I know that I will make an impact being part of the cause that rids GCW of Ginger Nation once and for all. You don’t have to believe me, you can keep mocking me and dismissing me. But you also need to remember that last year, a woman by the name of Elena Hammer was constantly dismissed and ridiculed in the back, just like I’ve been. And look at her now… one of the brightest young stars on Shotgun…

Isabella Harker’s come a long way hasn’t she?

So Hannah, Destiny, I have your back! I promise! If you’ll let me, I’ll join your cause and we can conquer Ginger Nation together! And anyone else that wants in? I’d love your support on this!

[The crowd cheers Karina’s words, as she seems determined to back them up. The scene then fades.]

"Classic" by MKTO echos throughout the arena as Gabriela Austin burst through the curtain. She stands at the top of the stage with a bright smile across her face. She walks down to the ring at a steady pace, reaching the ring, slides underneath the bottom rope. Walking to the ring announcer she demand the mic, once given to her, her music ceases. She begins to speak.

Gabby: “My name is Gabriella Austin. In case you’ve forgotten I am a former World Champion, nearest and dearest to my heart I am a former Tag Team Champion with my best friend, my sister, Hayley Gold. This is a quote unquote new era where all the ass kissers the fans like will receive favor from Allison Mayberry. I am not going to attack Allison, why should I? Attacking a puppet of upper management is a waste of time. I wasn’t Tiffany Manning’s biggest fan. One thing I do respect about Ms. Manning, she had a mind of her own, she committed to her own vision. The way she saw this brand should be. I view the new era as Allison playing the role that Henry Von Staton wants her to play. And that is to appease the likes of Nate Lawson. To appease the likes of Victoria, last but not least, appease to the desires of Isabella Harker. Don’t believe me. Roll the footage.”

Henry: Oh I know exactly what you have been doing since coming into power as Shotgun General Manager. And I must admit, you started out well. But a great man once said that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I have witnessed some of the things you have done; using your power to manipulate the lethal lottery so that your chosen one, Isabella Harker, could win, and then when she rejected your offer, you buried her and buried her until you finally managed to screw her out of the X Division Championship.

[He chuckles.]

Henry: In a funny way, you are in this position only because I allowed it. When I became owner of this great company I swore I would not interfere. I swore that I would let you and Janelle do your jobs. But what happened last Shotgun at the GoTiffGo Special made me realize that I could no longer sit back and do nothing.

[Gabby smiles at what she feels is the smoking gun. The fans, who have long turned against her, boo her use of footage to service her own agenda.]

Gabby: “See. That’s all the proof I need. Where was Henry when Golden Class was taken off television, hmmm? Where was he when I didn’t have enough money to afford the nice home I live in, hmmmm? Did he show me any concern at all? Nope. Two weeks ago was all about appeasing the golden girl of GCW, Isabella Harker. It doesn’t end. It never does. At least Tiffany Manning was brave enough to be honest about her bias. The upper management of this company will pretend they are about what the wrestlers want. They will pretend they are being fair to all of you backstage, in the crowd, to the people watching at home. If our owner blatantly admits to the entire world that he allowed Tiffany to run amok as long as he did. That he only stepped in because Tiffany became X Division Champion at Harker’s expense, how the hell am I supposed to trust his hand chosen puppet Allison Mayberry? Her agenda is clear. Teach Tiffany a lesson, who knows how bad GingerNation will get it now. Now the golden road is paved yet again for Isabella to take her rightful place? How about me? How about Golden Class? Where is OUR justice. Henry Von Staton’s negligence forced my hand. The selfish pricks in the back fighting for themselves didn't bother fighting for us. For Nate it was all about HIS title shot, for Harker it was all about her fairness. Laurel had enough class to admit she’s sorry. When will the rest of you stand up, do the classy thing and APOLOGIZE FOR LETTING ME AND HAYLEY DOWN?”

[As the boos reign down on her, Gabby takes a moment to compose herself. Taking a deep breath she continues.]

Gabby: “Call me a sell out. I’m not. I realized that sometimes, being classy isn’t enough. There are moments in our lives where people matter, not principals. I did the right thing by my best friend, I will not apologize for that. There. Bomb dropped. Follow that!

"Classic" by MKTO plays again. She drops the mic. She exits the ring to a chorus of boos.

ackstage…

Kayla Jones can be seen standing in the locker-rooms by Hayley Gold, who is sitting on the bench, shaking her head.

Jones: You okay?

Gold: Yeah… yeah…

She shrugs her shoulders.

Gold: Maybe?

Jones: You know you can talk to me about anything, right?

Gold: I do… but I don’t even know if I can make sense of what’s going on with Gabby myself. You know, before she would tell me everything. We were like sisters. Her hopes. Her dreams. Everything. And then…

Hayley smirks.

Gold: And then she helped Tiffany Manning become X-Division Champion. For me. I just… I can’t reconcile helping that woman, giving in to all of her manipulations when that’s all they were. Tiffany didn’t care about putting us on TV until we did something for her. How can I reconcile that? I get that she was frustrated. I understand that… but hearing her talk about other people being the “golden ones” AFTER helping Tiffany Manning that way? After giving in to her that way?

She shakes her head.

Gold: It doesn’t feel right, Kayla… it just doesn’t.

Jones: I get it… but I know you can move past it.

Kayla sits down.

Jones: You know I’m on your side. You also know that I advocate for Gabby, so I want this to work out as best as we can make it. I also know you have tried to get through to her, to let her know that you support her even if you don’t necessarily support what she did.

Gold: Manning would have torn us apart if it benefitted her.

Jones: Absolutely she would have. But she didn’t... and I know you two can make it work. You just have to be willing to commit.

Gold: I’ve been committed to this since day one. We could flip the switch at any time. We could be Champions at any point.

Jones: Then go out there and get it…

Jones smirks. Hayley nods. The scene fades.

[Shotgun cuts into Allison Mayberry’s office. She’s retaining a confident demeanor as the crowd cheers her appearance. Allison appears to have a lot on her mind as she begins to speak.]

Allison: So, last Shotgun was sure something wasn’t it? And hey, so far tonight, things have been quite a party which doesn’t surprise me considering Phoenix has ALWAYS been that kind of city. X-Division title issue? Addressed. World title issue? Taken care of! But there’s still two HUGE issues at hand that I haven’t gotten to yet and while it’s going to take some time to clean up the mess that Tiffany Manning left behind, I am confident that when it’s all cleaned up, Shotgun will meet the potential that I KNOW it has to be among the best wrestling TV shows in the world. So, these two issues at hand? Golden Class, well, Gabby Austin more specifically, as well as Ginger Nation and the tag team title situation. I’ve given so much thought to both issues the last two weeks and for those that are out of the loop, let’s recap everything.

Controversy feels they deserve a shot, because they weren’t the team that took the fall at Deadly Dreams. Reasonable.

Christy Hightower and Travis Vessey want another chance not only because they beat Controversy, but because when THEY had their last title shot, it ended on a disqualification, thus, they make a great case themselves.

The Sisterhood feels like they deserve a shot, not only because they had a non-title shot against Ginger Nation that resolved nothing, but because Kayla Jones, being one-half of the former champions, DOES have a rematch clause, so they have a case too.

And then you got Golden Class, one of the best teams GCW’s ever had for sure, but with Gabby Austin stirring up so much controversy lately, it makes things even more complex. On top of that, Angelica Jones wants Sisterhood vs. Golden Class, but Kayla doesn’t want to fight her own clients.

So… how do I resolve both situations at hand? After thinking about it, my decision is quite simple. Ginger Nation has yet to face an adversity in their tag team title reign. In fact, they’re so used to having the numbers game in their favor. Well, I’ll tell you this much. They WILL be defending the GCW Global Tag Team Championships at Survival of the Fittest and they WON’T have the numbers in their advantage. That’s because they will be facing CONTROVERSY and Karina Lysenko WILL be allowed to be in their corner, if she so desires! They weren’t pinned at Deadly Dreams, Ginger Nation has been ducking them since then, even preventing them from getting another shot, they DESERVE the shot and they WILL get it. However…

So will CHRISTY HIGHTOWER and TRAVIS VESSEY! They didn’t get a fair chance when they got their tag title shot! Therefore, they deserve another chance at Survival of the Fittest. Wait, you think that’s it? No, there’s more. Last I checked, Kayla Jones has a rematch clause and I’m going to grant that, so, at Survival of the Fittest, the SISTERHOOD will be challenging for the tag titles as well but hold on… we need to resolve the Golden Class issue as well. Angelica wants Golden Class? Gabby wants respect? Gabby, all I am going to say about the words you said about me earlier is that you’re about to eat your words because I agree with you! Tiffany keeping Golden Class off television was absolutely uncalled for, so, as compensation, and because Angelica wants Gabby so bad, GOLDEN CLASS will be part of this match too!

That’s right! A five-way elimination match, for the Global Tag Team Championships!

[The crowd explodes with cheers at this announcement.]

Allison: So, Ginger Nation, let’s see what kind of champions you are when the numbers are AGAINST you. Good luck to all of the teams!

[The crowd cheers again as the scene fades out.]

JaMarcus Avery vs. Queen Mamba

[These two fan favorites certainly put on a show stealer with the fans being into this match from beginning to end. There would be no controversy or shenanigans as the two wrestlers brought their best from a technical wrestling standpoint. Early on, it was as evenly matched as you can be, but despite the experience disadvantage, an armdrag and a sleeper hold would put the upstart Queen Mamba in control. Mamba used her technical advantages to keep the stronger Avery grounded, tactics that, despite being clean, would frustrate the former TV champion a bit. Still, JaMarcus’s experience would come through eventually when he was able to block what would have been a pretty impactful lariat from his opponent. Things went right back to even, with both wrestlers trading falls over one another. JaMarcus would counter a cross body into a powerslam, getting just a two count from it, but it would still put him in control as the fans continued to applaud the efforts of both competitors. Pinfall after pinfall, counter after counter, hold for hold, it just seemed like neither wrestler could hold a significant advantage over the other for too long. However, once JaMarcus started to rely on his power advantage some more, things definitely started to shift in his favor once the match got to its latter stages.

JaMarcus got a sit down powerbomb into a pinfall attempt, and yet, Mamba was able to kick out at two. It didn’t seem to matter for the ex-Legacy member as he started to be more aggressive, knowing that whoever won this thing was likely going to be next in line for a TV title shot. A corner splash would further enforce this, and things wouldn’t get any better for the young upstart when he gave her a T-Bone suplex into a pin. However, much to the frustration of JaMarcus, Mamba was able to kick out again. From here, JaMarcus started to show an uncharacteristic aggressive streak, which the fans caught onto, but they were still supportive nevertheless. A running spinebuster shook the ring, but again, all he got was a two count. JaMarcus would go for another powerbomb, but Mamba was able to counter it into a facebuster in midair, getting a pinfall attempt, but JaMarcus would kick out at two. Again, things would revert to even, as they both slowly got up. JaMarcus grabbed Mamba and whipped her off the ropes, but Mamba came back with a shining wizard to knock him down. A springboard moonsault into a pin would follow, but again, Avery kicked out. Mamba stepped through the ropes on the apron. Avery sat up, but at that point, Mamba springboarded herself back in the ring and… SNAKE CHARMER! The fans cheered as Mamba scored the three count to win this highly competitive match!]

Winner: Queen Mamba

[Mamba got up, quite relieved after winning that match knowing it could have gone either way. She celebrated with the crowd for a bit as the announcers praised the battle that was just witnessed. She then noticed that JaMarcus was trying to get up, so she helped him up. Queen Mamba extended her hand to him, wanting to be a good sport. JaMarcus looked at her for a bit, before surprisingly walking by her and getting out of the ring. The fans were surprised by this action, and the announcers chalked it up to frustration, though they were also skeptical of this behavior. Mamba stood in the ring, a bit confused as to what had just transpired.]

(We cut backstage in Julia Braddock-Noel’s dressing room. She is in her wrestling gear, pacing back and forth in anticipation of her world title match tonight. She doesn’t even notice when the door opens and her sister, Glory Braddock-Noel, enters the room. Glory watches her for a moment, smirking.)

Glory: I wouldn’t do that if I were you.

(She stops and turns to face Glory, looking somewhat surprised to see her.)

Julia: Huh?

Glory: The pacing; I wouldn’t do that if I were you. You could wear yourself out and you need all of the energy you need for your title match tonight.

Julia: What are you even doing here?

Glory: I came here to support you. Nothing more.

(Despite the differences they have had in the past, Julia smiles warmly, appreciative of the support.)

Julia: Thanks.

Glory: I also want you to realize the importance of tonight.

(She walks over and places a hand on Julia’s shoulder.)

Glory: Tonight you compete for the World Championship against Chantelle Chambers and if you win you will bring honor and glory to the Noel Family. If you win, you will be the first of the Noel women to become a world champion.

Julia: No, wait, you were a world champion. Multiple times!

Glory: That was a previous life. That was when I was a weak BRADDOCK. I haven’t held a world title since I was reborn as Gloria Braddock-Noel, Aphrodite’s daughter. Our mother hasn’t even become world champion yet.

(Julia sighs and nods her head.)

Julia: I know, it’s really gotten to her.

Glory: But you can change all of that. You can prove to the world that the Noel Family is the dominant force, not just in GCW, but in pro-wrestling. Tonight is YOUR night, my sister. Do you understand this?

(She nods her head.)

Julia: I understand, and Glory…

Glory: Yes?

Julia: …I am not saying you were right about everything, but you WERE right when you said I deserve better, that we deserve better. Tonight, Chantelle Chambers will not cheat me out of a damn thing. Tonight I will do whatever is necessary to claim what I deserve, what is rightfully mine.

(The sisters embrace in a hug.)

Glory: I know you will. Good luck…

(She winks.)

Glory: …not that you will need it.

Julia: Justice will be served, that much is certain. But not YOUR style of justice.

(Julia grins.)

Julia: MY style of justice!

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT FROM #GINGERNATION AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS AND/OR OPINIONS OF GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (although they kind of should, because we’re that awesome).

Our scene rises in shades of red. We see Jenni “Jinxy” Anderson, #GingerAllison Lorraine, and #GingerEnigma standing inside a red-hued classroom.

Allison: There’s been so much injustice and controversy running rampant around Shotgun lately!

Enigma: Oh! Controversy! You mean Destiny and Hannah? Are they running around?

Jenni gently pats Enigma on the head.

Allison: No, dear. I mean figurative controversy. And not just that, but injustice as well. Henry Van Stanton perpetrated an injustice against poor Tiffany Manning by unjustly firing her.

Enigma: GoTiffGo! ZOOT! Merde!

Allison: And furthermore, the most entertaining, most talented, and damn sure the yummiest group not just in Shotgun but in all of GCW, the #GingerNation, is left off of tonight’s card!

Enigma: MERDE!

Jenni gently pats Enigma on the head. Allison chuckles.

Allison: Yes, my dear. Merde, indeed. Allison Mayberry is already showing her incompetence as General Manager. She does not showcase the greatest brand of Shotgun, the #GingerBrand. But fear not, the #GingerNation will gladly carry the load and shoulder the burden for the entire tag team division. I mean, we’ve already been doing that ever since the inception of #GingerNation. The #GingerNation has been carrying the tag team division ever since our beloved founders, Jenni and Marie, first created this excellent group. Now we’ve expanded and not only taken control of GCW but we also own UWA’s tag team division as well. And people like Mayberry expect teams like Controversy can stop us?

Enigma: Nope! Zilch! Nada! Merde!

Allison: It won’t happen. There really isn’t any tag team in the division that can stop us. So go ahead, throw your worst at us, Mayberry. The #GingerNation has survived every single team and group that has ever crossed the threshold of GCW. We will rise to the occasion again.

Clarissa: This is so unfair…

[Clarissa gets booed to near-deafening levels by the Phoenix crowd as she sits on a metal crate, her arm in a sling.]

Clarissa: Banned from ringside? I can deal with that. Not the first time, nor will it be the last. But WHY should my client, Adrian Waters, have to defend the TV title tonight against Nate Lawson? What exactly, has Nate Lawson even DONE to deserve this title shot? Is this a sympathy gift from Allison Mayberry because he felt sorry for him, because Tiffany Manning, in all her brilliance by the way, rejected the idea of Nate getting a title shot? I don’t get it! But whatever! Those that have known Allison and I long enough know that we don’t have a great history together and CLEARLY she has it out for me. Shotgun used to be so much fun, you know? When people around here actually did their jobs and were the LAW! The fact that Victoria has been allowed to get away with what she’s done to me is cruel and unusual punishment. The fact that Nate Lawson can get away with calling Myra a whore is downright wrong! He ought to be fined and suspended for slander and outright SEXISM! Shotgun has become what Utopia DESPISES, a TRADITIONAL wrestling show and it’s DIFFICULT to make ANY significant change here because it’s basically just Adrian and I here on Shotgun. The numbers aren’t in our favor. No more! Shotgun will NOT be a traditional wrestling show! I can’t and I won’t allow it to slip back to what it used to be before Tiffany Manning was ever in charge. I’m TIRED of traditionalists like Nate, like Laurel, like Victoria, like Julia… getting all the breaks around here! We have a TRADITIONALIST in office, which is a damn shame!

Adrian Waters is DIFFERENT and those of you that discredit him for being Myra’s boyfriend and someone that doesn’t think for himself? You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. It’s true, he USED to be someone that didn’t think for himself, because all Trenton Snow and BROOKFORD ever did in Best for Business was hold him back and subject him to being their whipping boy! But that’s in the past! Adrian DOES think for himself and he HAS made an impact here on Shotgun! You people thought that when Adrian got drafted here, and he got separated from Myra, that he was doomed to fail! You thought that Adrian couldn’t make it on his own, and he has proven you WRONG! Everything he’s done here on Shotgun? On his own! No Myra! No Sedona Sky! Yeah, he’s had me, the best manager in the world by the way, around to guide him at key points, but HE was the one that CARRIED a poor excuse of a traditionalist in Isabella Harker to victory in the Deadly Dreams tournament to get a world title shot, which by the way, he wasn’t pinned at Deadly Dreams, which tells you that he’s not the choker Isabella has been as of late.

Adrian, ALL BY HIMSELF, beat JaMarcus Avery to become the Television Champion that he is today, reviving the title from the depths of despair that it was in earlier this year. Adrian is a champion you all LOVE to hate and that’s why every single one of you criticize him, target him, and paint him as someone that’s just worshiping the ground Myra walks on! Has he NOT proven that he’s more than that? He HAS! And he’s got the title to prove it and that’s what Nate Lawson will NEVER understand because he’s got his own head stuck up his own ass, probably because his whore of a wife is sleeping around most likely, but that’s neither here or there.

Adrian and I are NOT going to be victims anymore! Tonight is OUR night to take a stand against the direction this show is going in and WHEN he beats Nate, and when he’s STILL Television Champion, he’ll do what he’s done and what I’ve done all year: PROVE YOU WRONG! What excuse are you going to have when he beats Nate, without me being at ringside? I’d love to know that. Adrian is a star on the rise, and after tonight, you’re all going to learn to finally shut the fuck up, quiet your own criticisms and bow the fuck down to the future greatness that is PURE GENIUS, Adrian Waters! By the way Nate, once Adrian outsmarts you like the sorry, overrated, outdated, outclassed bitch you really are… first thing Monday morning? I’m filing a restraining order on you! Try bullying me then, huh?

[Clarissa confidently scoffs and slides off the crate, walking down the hallway to see what takes place in the TV title match that’s coming up in just minutes.]

GCW Television Championship: Adrian Waters © vs. Nate Lawson

[As you would expect out of this grudge match for a championship, both wrestlers definitely came out full of fire and hatred, though the match didn’t start out as a brawl like many people expected. Instead, the title match began as a back and forth traditional wrestling classic as both of them tried to outsmart the other. Ultimately, it would be Adrian that would get the advantage, raking the eyes of the challenger, then giving him a shoulder block into the mat. Adrian was uncharacteristically wrestling on rage, though that could be chalked up to some recent words Nate said about his girlfriend Myra Lynwood as he did everything he could to choke him out. During this rage, Adrian would go for a spear on Nate, but Nate dodged it and Adrian went into the corner rather hard. This gave the challenger the very opening that he would need in order to take control of the match, as Nate began to dominate on the technical side of things, constantly wearing out Adrian with suplex after suplex. Nate would get a pinfall out of a Northern Lights, but Adrian kicked out at two. Unlike Adrian, Nate kept himself composed in this part of the match, constantly taking advantage of Adrian’s angry emotions. However, when Adrian got up, and Nate missed with a clothesline, Nate turned around, and Adrian immediately gave Nate the middle finger, setting him off!

As a result, the massive brawl that was expected of this match arrived as both guys went all out. The brawl spilled to the outside of the ring. Highlights of this brawl included Adrian constantly smacking Nate off the announce table, trying everything he could in order to break him. Nate’s highlights of this brawl included Adrian’s head being bounced off the ringpost, and then giving him a running spinebuster into the steel steps. On occasion, both guys would get back into the ring for a brief moment just to break up the ten count, but the hatred both men had for each other really came out. The brawl would culminate with Adrian SPEARING NATE THOUGH THE BARRICADE! The impact happen near the timekeeper, and Nate’s head actually made contact with the TV title. Adrian dragged Nate back into the ring and tried to pounce on him to make the cover, but Nate somehow kicked out much to the delight of the fans. Adrian was frustrated as he went for a Super Smart Elbow, but he missed it with Nate getting out of the way. This opened up a Nate Lawson rally, as again, he started to dominate the champion. Nate would get a Cradle Suplex for a two count. Next move? Ultimate Spinebuster. AGAIN a two count! From here, Nate would try to apply the Elite Gogoplata, but Adrian shoved Nate into the corner, preventing the move from being locked in. Nate stumbled back to Adrian who picked him up and… USE YOUR HEAD! Adrian connected with the Tombstone and the fans went silent. However, Nate KICKED OUT!

The fans went INSANE over this, as Adrian was in disbelief. Adrian got up and looked down at the knocked out Nate Lawson. He went for another pinfall attempt, but Nate kicked out again. Adrian got up and said “fuck this” and rolled out of the ring. He grabbed the TV title and the fans booed as he started going up the ramp. He backed up the ramp as Nate was starting to stir, and he had a smirk on his face. However, he backed into Queen Mamba who was coming down the ramp. Adrian turned around, and suddenly, he was backing away from her. Adrian rolled back into the ring, where Nate was on his knees. Adrian noticed this and he got out of the ring again. However, Nate followed him! Suddenly, Adrian was trapped between Mamba and Nate at ringside. Nate threw a punch, but Adrian ducked and the punch knocked Mamba down to the floor! Nate looked down at her, upset with himself, but at that point, Adrian used the championship belt to blast Nate in the head with it, right in plain sight of the referee who called for the bell!]

WINNER (by DQ): Nate Lawson. However, STILL TV Champion: Adrian Waters

[The fans booed this outcome, knowing Adrian got away with one again. Adrian pounced on Nate and throw him into the steel steps, obviously wanting to end his career at that point. Adrian eventually brought him up to the apron, in a tombstone position, and he wanted to hit the move from the apron onto the steps, to perhaps end his career. However, Mamba recovered and low blowed Adrian, as a last ditch effort to prevent this from happening. Adrian lost his control of Nate, who improvised in that situation and countered with a hurricanrana sending Adrian to the floor and Nate landing safely in front of the ring. Nate then pounced on Adrian, wanting to destroy him, but Mamba got involved, trying to hold Nate back, but to no avail as he wouldn’t listen to her. It took security coming out to finally settle the situation, as the announcers bemoaned Adrian for taking the cheap way out.]

[Moments before the main event is scheduled to begin, Victoria Salinas finds herself in the locker room, thinking about the situation that’s in front of her. Despite the fact that she’s not actually wrestling in the match, she is certainly feeling the pressure. She still has a look of concern on her face, one that her boyfriend Axl Austin easily notices when he walks in to talk to her.]

Axl: Vix?

Victoria: Axl, I don’t know if now is a good time.

Axl: I get it, you have quite the responsibility on your shoulders being the special enforcer and on top of that, I know you’re worried about me and the dealings I’ve had with Forgotten No More as ot lte.

Victoria: Yeah, I could have done without being reminded of that.

Axl: Look, it’s all going to be just fine. I don’t know why you’re so tense about this special enforcer thing. Chances are, you won’t need to get too involved. Besides, even if you DO, and even if you need to make the ultimate decision as a referee at the end of the day, everyone knows that you’re going to do right by the world title. You’re one of the most honest people here on Shotgun ever since Deadly Dreams, especially. I wouldn’t stress too much.

Victoria: Thanks Axl, it’s just…

[The look of concern doesn’t quite fade just yet.]

Victoria: I have this eerie feeling about tonight that things won’t go as smooth as you may think. I commend Allison for doing everything she can to maintain and restore order, but facts are facts. Chantelle is who she is and I can’t help but shake the feeling she’s got something in the back of her mind, one last trick up her sleeve, something that I am going to have to watch for if, in fact, I DO end up facing her at Survival of the Fittest. I’m just as sick of her shenanigans as everyone else. I’m so sick and tired of what is essentially a walking manifestation of who I used to be parading around like she’s earned everything, when she’s taken shortcuts more than 90% of the time that she’s been here. And for her to brag about the stupid record…

Axl: It wasn’t so stupid when you had it, just saying.

Victoria: Well… to be honest, I had no reason to brag about that because I took essentially the same shortcuts she has when I was the champion. Less said about that the better. If she wins the match fairly and I have to face her at Survival of the Fittest, fine. But I know that’s not a guarantee. Julia is far from a slouch herself and in my view, she SHOULD be the world champion right now. At least with her, I know she can be trusted to keep things on a level playing field, even if she has been a little more outspoken and abrasive, but I know in her heart she means well. Either way, I know I won’t have it easy in three weeks at Survival of the Fittest and I’d HATE to be in a situation where I’d basically be picking my own challenger.

Axl: I understand, but take everything one thing at a time. There’s no reason why you should be so worried.

Victoria: Call it superstitious, and clearly nothing against Phoenix, it’s a wonderful city and all, but for whatever reason, everytime I come here, something ALWAYS happens. I mean gosh, my first world title reign ever ended here, for crying out loud.

Axl: It’s all just coincidence.

Victoria: Right, I’m sure. Anyway, I guess I better get going. I’m hoping this main event goes as smooth and as simple as possible.

[Victoria and Axl hug each other briefly.]

Axl: Don’t worry, I’m sure things are going to turn out just fine, “Phoenix superstition” or not… (laughs)

Victoria: I hope you’re right!

[Victoria gives a warm smile to Axl, before she walks out of the locker room, ready to be at ringside for the main event that’s coming up in a few minutes.]

Backstage…

Voice: You okay?

Nate Lawson can be seen standing backstage, clearly not “okay”.

Lawson: I had him… I had that worm right where I wanted him, and then…

Lawson can’t even begin to finish the thought.

Lawson: I mean, no excuses and all… but I have a big problem with what happened. And if that was my shot… if THAT was how my shot ends… then there’s going to be a far greater problem than that.

Voice: Well, I sure hope that…

Just then, Allison Mayberry enters the room.

Mayberry: Excuse me, Mr. Lawson?

Nate looks up.

Lawson: Yeah?

Mayberry: I want to talk to you about what just happened… Ms. Oliver…

Mayberry looks to the camera, which turns off suddenly, the scene cutting back to ringside…

---

Backstage…

Chantelle Chambers can be seen standing alone – a rare sight for the woman who has for a long time had a safety net underneath of her: The Brod, Piece Manning… No one stands with her today. Still, she has as much confidence as she stands, her chin lifted, and a microphone in her hand.

Chambers: 162 days. That is how long I have reigned as YOUR WORLD CHAMPION! I have been the face of this company through it’s pinnacle! Since I became Champion, ratings have spiked. Sales of merchandise have spiked. Ticket sales have spiked. Everyone wants to get to the arena and watch me! Everyone wants my picture! Everyone wants to say “Remember when”…

Her smile turns to a scowl.

Chambers: “Remember when it all fell apart?”. Everyone wants to say they were there when Chantelle Chambers fell. Everyone wants to lift a hero onto their shoulders, the person who toppled me. I have been a Champion for 90 percent of my tenure with GCW. Gold is how I identify myself! I have been the most consistent talent in over a year! And now, at 162 days, I have become the longest reigning Champion in your history! And while others have lined up to take it from me, none have been successful. Sure… you’ll blame others…

Chantelle scoffs.

Chambers: “Tiffany Manning” this or “The Brod” that or “Pierce Manning” those… while these have been pieces of the puzzle, part of what made me great, you would be foolish to assume that I cannot manage on my own. That’s what Allison Mayberry wants, isn’t it? For me to go alone, prove I can’t do it and fall convincingly to Julia Braddock? I don’t have to prove a damn thing to anyone. I know I’m great! And by inserting Victoria Salinas… something is rotten in the state of Arizona. But I will persevere, because that’s what I do!

This time, she lifts her head, her superior smirk returning to her face.

Chambers: I have been the very best wrestler in GCW, and that doesn’t change tonight. Just you wait and see… I’m ingrained in this company’s soul… I am the blood coursing through its veins. Tonight is just another night. I will survive and I will endure! Julia…

With that, she blows a kiss to the camera.

Chambers: You can kiss your relevance goodbye.

The scene fades…

GCW World Championship: Chantelle Chambers © vs. Julia Braddock
Special Enforcer: Victoria Salinas
Note: ANY interference results in a firing.

[Considering the events of last month, this match was obviously going to be personal and with Victoria at ringside as the special enforcer, that just further served to add to the drama. Like the last encounter, things were rather even at first. But of course, a slap across the face from Chantelle would tip things in the champion’s favor for a few minutes as she kept Julia at bay. Chantelle was doing as much as she could to keep Julia away from her, employing some Floyd Mayweather type tactics by hitting a move, and then backing away from her, on occasion going for a pinfall with Julia kicking out each time. Chantelle would lock in a sleeper hold, but Julia managed to get up and elbow her away out of it, although a spinning heel kick to the back of the head kept the champion in control as she went for another cover, only for Julia to kick out at two. Chantelle dragged Julia up to her feet and tried to toss her into the corner, shoulder first, but Julia countered with a forward Russian legsweep, rolling into a cover, but the champion was able to kick out. Julia managed to tip things back to even at that point, as she started to wear down the champion. Julia made sure that Chantelle wouldn’t get away from from her, at one point even trapping her in a surfboard submission hold much to the delight of the fans as Chantelle yelled out in pain, unable to escape the hold until Julia broke it herself. Julia dragged down Chantelle with a double knee backbreaker and got a pinfall attempt, but Chantelle kicked out. Still, the fans were hopeful, as Julia was in firm control as the title match went to the middle stages.

Julia went for a high risk maneuver, going for a diving shoulder tackle, but Chantelle dodged it and Julia landed hard on her shoulder. Chantelle would spend the next few minutes targeting that shoulder, with various kicks, armdrags and armbars. At one point, Chantelle even had a kimura lock, but unfortunately for the champion, she applied the move too close to the ropes. Still, Julia’s shoulder was burning as Chantelle brought her down with a cobra clutch slam in order to get a pinfall attempt, albeit Julia kicking out at two. Chantelle went for an armdrag again, but Julia managed to counter into a crossface. While Chantelle was able to grab the ropes to break up the hold, the damage was done as the challenger was back in control. A missile dropkick would further reinforce the control and the fans were cheering as Julia was back in charge, hitting a cradle suplex to get a two count out of it. Julia continued to rally, and Chantelle had a hard time keeping up with her until she countered with a drop toe hold sending Julia’s face into the turnbuckle. At this point, Chantelle tried to leave the match and save her title that way, grabbing the title and trying to walk out, but Victoria was right there to stop her. There was a bit of a struggle as Victoria tried snatching the title away, but Chantelle had a firm grip on it. The referee tried to break this up. Chantelle eventually was able to snatch the title away, but in doing so, accidentally clocked the referee in the skull with it with the momentum of her reflexes. Victoria then snatched the title from behind, and it would take Julia leaving the ring and grabbing her from behind, tossing her back in the ring afterward to continue the match.

Victoria tried the very best she could to revive the referee after the accidental belt shot while Julia and Chantelle went into all out brawl mode, technical wrestling out the window now with both ladies having such a huge personal stake in this. Chantelle was back in control again after she removed a turnbuckle pad and tossed Julia head first into the exposed steel. After trying to revive the referee, Victoria realized it was no use. She saw Chantelle trying to strangle Julia on the mat and slid into the ring to break it up, enforcing the rules as needed. Victoria obviously took charge of the match from that point forward and Chantelle wasn’t thrilled about that. Julia got and nailed Chantelle from behind with an elbow to the head. Cover. Victoria made the count, but Chantelle kicked out. With order restored, things went back to normal, and for the next few minutes, both came SO CLOSE to victory! Chantelle at one point nailed Julia with a sick facebuster after it looked like she was going to suplex her, but Julia JUST BARELY kicked out! Likewise, Julia, a few minutes later, would drill Julia with a double underhook piledriver!!! The fans exploded, thinking this was it, but Chantelle KICKED OUT! From here, Julia locked in the Shekhinah Glory! The fans went nuts, thinking Chantelle was going to tap again, but Chantelle raked the eyes to break things up out of desperation Julia stumbled back. She turned around, and Chantelle out of nowhere got her with the Flash! Cover… and Julia grabbed the bottom rope!!! Chantelle got frustrated as the fans exploded in cheers! Chantelle then lost her temper and went after Victoria, accusing her of a slow count.

Chantelle shoved Victoria into the corner, and she tried everything she could to compose herself and not retaliate. Julia got up and went for a corner splash, but Chantelle telegraphed it and Victoria got nailed instead, Julia’s forearm going right into her face. Chantelle then, from behind, got the Beverly Hills Bomb! Victoria couldn’t see any of it, recovering in the corner from the splash she took. Chantelle dragged the knocked out ref back in the ring, successfully able to awaken him. That ref made the count, but Julia KICKED OUT! Chantelle lost her temper again, knocking out the ref, for good this time. While she did this, Julia pulled out a set of brass knuckles from her wrestling top, taking a look at Victoria who was still recovering in the corner. Chantelle turned around and Julia clocked her in the skull with the brass knuckles. Julia got rid of the evidence as she dragged Chantelle to the corner, setting her up and she connected with the QUEEN’S RANSOM! Julia made the cover, and Victoria, who missed everything that just happened, saw the cover and made the count… Chantelle didn’t kick out!!!!]

Winner and NEW GCW World Champion: Julia Braddock!

[Half of the crowd went insane, delighted at Chantelle’s fall, but the other half wasn’t sure how to react considering what Julia just pulled. Victoria handed an overjoyed Julia the title and she started celebrating immediately. Victoria, unaware of her cheating tactics, watched her celebrate, but with a competitive eye, knowing she had her at Survival of the Fittest. There was a debate at the announce table over Julia’s tactics at the end, with one side being “turnabout is fair play” and praising her for delivering Chantelle’s well-deserved karma, but the other side condemning Julia for “stooping to Chantelle’s level”. Either way, it didn’t matter. Julia Braddock is the GCW World Champion, and the image of her continued celebration would close out Shotgun!]