Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

[Shotgun begins with Karina Lysenko already in the ring for the start of her match against Cassidy Haze, who is also in the ring. Everyone is waiting for the match to begin, but Karina doesn’t care about that as she’s not on everyone’s clock other than her own.]

Karina: Silence, you mongrels! First off, I am the one representative of GINGER NATION tonight! The others decided to be on vacation and someone had to represent so… here I am! Secondly, watch my special interview with Roderick Osborne, which is going to be LIVE and not pre-recorded! Now, down to business. Why, oh why, am I facing YOU, Cassidy Haze? Why do I keep facing people like you? It’s almost like Allison Mayberry is MOCKING ME by making me wrestle people like you. I was THIS close to being TV champion and Civil War has been my only loss since joining Ginger Nation and this is the reward that I get? You, Cassidy Haze, are not in my league. You come and go in this business, making a disgrace of yourself by never actually doing anything. To me, you are nothing more than a bump on the road. And you know what you’re always going to be, to me, Cassidy? Abigail Lindsey’s BITCH!

[Cassidy approaches Karina, obviously unhappy with the words she just spoke.]

Karina: You have always been and will always be Abi’s favorite lapdog, taking orders from your master like a good little bitch! You will never be relevant in this business without her, you understand me? Maybe after I whip your ass, you can go crying back to her like you always do whenever you fail. I mean…

[Cassidy drills Karina in the jaw, causing her to fall to the mat and drawing some heavy cheers. At this point, the referee calls for the bell to begin the opening match.]

Cassidy Haze vs Karina Lysenko‏

[Cassidy further showed how tired she was of Karina running her mouth by pouncing on her and not allowing her to breathe. Cassidy kept taking shot after shot at the gut of Karina, eventually lifting her up off the mat. Cassidy whipped Karina to a corner. Karina hit the corner with a thud, but stayed upright. Cassidy then charged at Karina, but Karina elbowed her right in the face. Cassidy stumbled backward and Karina brought her down with a sick running bulldog. Karina got pissed off. Cassidy stood up and Karina grabbed her and threw her down violently on her back. It would be ALL Karina Lysenko from there as the Ginger Nation member picked her apart, largely with the use of brutal submissions like a Muta Lock and a Texas Cloverleaf. A Mexican surfboard added to the torture and then Karina knocked out Cassidy with more of a power game! Fisherman’s suplex! Running spinebuster! Running shoulder tackle off the ropes! Cassidy seemed completely hazed as Karina slowly pulled her up to her feet and then drove her into the mat with the Ravishing Red Drop! The fans were stunned by Karina’s massive aggression as she hooked the leg for the academic three count!]

WINNER: Karina Lysenko

[Karina immediately rolled out of the ring and got a spray can and a steel chair, sliding both into the ring. Karina picked up the can and sprayed “GN” in huge letters on Cassidy’s spine. She picked up the chair and was about to take a swing when she saw Karen McBride running into the ring. Karina dropped the chair and rolled out of the ring and as she backed up the ramp, she saw Karen checking on Cassidy. Seeing Karen stunned Karina as she backed up through the curtains, looking like she had seen someone she didn’t want to see again. The announcers wondered why the sight of Karen McBride bothered Karina, noting she didn’t get to celebrate another brutal win.]

[With the show barely started, the scene cuts backstage in the Xcel Energy Center, and for a moment it appears as if there’s been some sort of mixup as there’s absolutely nothing of note worth going on and the fans in the arena are deadly silent until the sight of Chantelle Chambers, Christy Hightower and Cody Lindberg-Knight walking into the building becomes visible and the roar of boos from the crowd is heard over the top of the scene. The trio begin to make their way down the hallway as the camera tracks their progress.]

Chantelle: “Whoever booked a show in Minnesota of all places deserves to be fired in my book; the sooner tonight is over, the happier I’ll be…”

[Christy chuckles and Cody smirks at the comment.]

Christy: “We have to head to Minneapolis after this, don’t forget that… I agree though; this place is a dump.”

[The fans roar with boos yet again at the obvious cheap shots, but the trio don’t hear them as they continue down the hallway.]

Cody: “Hey, let’s not get TOO excited about getting out of this shit shack, a’ve got a match coming up that’s kind of a big deal an’ I’m lookin’ forward to makin’ sure old Izzy don’t have an easy time of it too.”

Chantelle: “Fair point… doesn’t mean we have to pretend we’re happy to perform for the unwashed masses of Minnesota though.”

Christy: “And we don’t have to hang around either, once you beat Harker and bring home the gold… private party for three well away from this dump.”

[Cody and Chantelle both nod.]

Chantelle: “I like your style.”

Cody: “Guess we’d better find out where the locker room is then; I wanna grab a shower an’ loosen up before I get to put on a masterclass for these pricks… oi, mate, come ‘ere a minute.”

[The camera spins around a little and we see a member of the GCW crew with a clipboard in his hand and he raises a finger to point at himself, as if to ask if Cody was addressing him.]

Cody: “No, the bloke behind you, YEAH you, gormless! Which way to the locker rooms mate? Sure I don’t need to remind you who we are so if you can get on that shitty little headset of yours or look through that clipboard an’ give us an idea of where we’re goin’, we’d be EVER so fuckin’ grateful…”

[The crew member looks a little embarrassed and he turns his attention to the clipboard in his hand just so that he can look away from the trio, flipping over a few pages before finding what he was looking for.]

Crew member: “Here we go, locker room schedule… okay, so. Ms. Chambers, Mr. Lindberg-Knight, you’re down the hall and to the left… and Ms. Hightower, you’re a little further on from that, just around the corner… wait…”

[The problem seems to dawn on the crew member a little too late, but for Christy, it took around naught point two seconds for her face to darken as she glared at the crew member and his face flushed a deeper shade of purple than it already was! Cody laughs out loud however, and even Chantelle cracks a smile at the mix up, which causes Christy to force a polite smile onto her face as she turns back to the crew member.]

Christy: “I think you mean Ms. Hightower and Mr. Lindberg-Knight, rather than what you said… you’ll never make it past the level of greeter in this company if you can’t get simple things like this right, you realise that don’t you?”

Crew member: “I, uh… I’m sorry Ms. Hightower, this was what was given to me when I arrived earlier, I don’t know what else to say…”

Christy: “Sorry would be appropriate, for a start… wouldn’t you agree?”

[The crew member nods his head animatedly, apologizing before Christy can even finish what she’s saying, and still laughing, Cody throws an arm around Christy’s shoulder, before doing the same with Chantelle.]

Cody: “Come on babe, it ain’t his fault… clearly my plan of phonin’ up before’and to change the locker room’s around so a could catch Chantelle in the shower has bin foiled, can’t take it out on the hired help, can we? ‘Ere mate, our stuff’s still in the car outside, be a good’n an’ bring it to our locker rooms for us, yeah? Nice one,”

[And with that, Cody takes his arms from around the shoulders of Chantelle and Christy and begins to make his way down the hallway, pausing to pat the crew member on the side of the face before continuing on and Chantelle laughs as she follows after him. Christy though, looks on at them walking off with little sign of amusement on her face as she just glares at them before turning to the crew member and snapping at him.]

Christy: “WELL? What are you WAITING for? GO GET THE BAGS!”

[And with that, the crew member jumps into action, despite clearly having his actual job to do and dashes off in the direction that the trio had come from when they approached, leaving Christy looking angry as she sets off down the hallway grumbling to herself as the scene fades out.]

[Shotgun GM Allison Mayberry is briskly walking down the hall, looking like she’s about to get to something urgent. She’s definitely got a look of concern on her face and that concern changes to one of shock as she sees someone being loaded on a stretcher.]

Allison: Holy crap, what happened?

[Allison approaches the situation a little closer and sees that a woman, with a paper bag over her head, has been strapped onto the stretcher. Before she is wheeled away, she gets a hold of one of the EMT’s, trying to get any information that she can about the situation.]

EMT: Blindside assault, and quite a heavy one at that. We found her while Karina’s match was happening, so you can pretty much rule her out as being responsible for this. She was beaten upside the head with a lead pipe. By who? I don’t know.

Allison: Who is this, anyway?

EMT: Mrs. El Perro. She not only got assaulted pretty bad, but her mask got stolen too.

Allison: Oh god! This is the kind of crap I will never endorse on Shotgun. Make sure she’s okay. Alright?

[The EMT nods and with that, the unconscious and bloodied Mrs. El Perro is wheeled down the hallway, all the way into the parking lot where an ambulance is waiting. The EMT’s load her onto the ambulance and they take her away to the hospital. Allison looks down at the puddle of blood that was left behind and shakes her head, disgusted with what she just saw.]

Allison: This is not going to be taken lying down. I am going to find out who did this and whoever did this is going to pay a VERY serious price for this. This is the kind of crap you’d expect with Bauer or Manning in charge, but I won’t let the assailant get away with this. Funny, this is also the kind of crap you’d expect on Livewire with Utopia considering how they….

[Upon mentioning Utopia, Allison pauses, realizing she may be onto something.]

Allison: Now that I mention them, I need to make sure that none of those people are here. Ugh! I can tell this is already going to be a long night.

[Allison shakes her head before leaving the scene. The announcers talk about who could have done such a thing and why Mrs. El Perro of all people would be targeted by anyone as Shotgun cuts back to ringside for the next match of the night.]

Brookford/Ian McKinnon vs Kordy Price and Monroe Jones

[The Odyssey returned to action against Kordy Price and Monroe Jones and needless to say, Brookford and McKinnon hardly broke a sweat. Monroe Jones did try to be cordial, but Ian McKinnon would have none of that. Ian completely outwrestled Monroe. The highlights of his time in the ring included a powerslam to Ian, a scoop slam from the second rope to Kordy, a modified STO to Monroe and a springboard enziguri to Kordy. Brookford was just as effective. Alabama Slam to Kordy! Sit down powerbomb to Monroe! Tiger bomb to Kordy. Running Savate kick to the side of Monroe’s head which practically knocked him out cold and for all intents and purposes, out of the match. Brookford was in the ring with Kordy at the end of the match. Kordy tried to cling to his arm with some form of cross armbreaker, but Brookford countered with a modified Samoan drop breaking the hold. Brookford would lock in a hold of his own, that being a rearnaked choke/full nelson combination. Kordy couldn’t stand the pain for too long and the crowd cheered as she tap, tap, tapped all the way to defeat!]

WINNERS (by submission): Ian McKinnon and Brookford!

[Ian and Brookford joined each other in the middle of the ring to celebrate when Brookford was jumped from behind by…. MRS. EL PERRO!?!?!?! The woman in the mask tried blindsiding Brookford after running in through the crowd, which confused the audience considering Mrs. El Perro was just seen leaving in an ambulance. Still, this didn’t last long as Ian jumped Mrs. El Perro and threw her down to the ground. Brookford obviously recovered and the two started to stomp and kick away at her as she tried to scurry away. Brookford grabbed Mrs. El Perro and brought her to her feet in a double underhook position. Ian smirked as he reached toward the mask. He grabbed it and ripped off the mask revealing… CHELSEA SUMMERS! Brookford promptly picked her up and nailed her with a double underhook powerbomb… and then he locked her in a rearnaked choke! The crowd cheered this as Chelsea struggled to breathe. But, this wouldn’t last long.]

Allison: Enough… ENOUGH!!!!

[Allison Mayberry came down to the ring with two police officers behind her. She got into the ring with the officers and one of them kneeled down to try to get Brookford off of Chelsea.]

Allison: Nate… let her go! Let her go!!!!!

[Some of the fans booed as Brookford let her go and got up.]

Allison: Chelsea… you come to THIS show and you assault a competitor in Mrs. El Perro? You think you’re going to get away with that? You think you’re going to get away with showing up UNINVITED? NOT HAPPENING! As of right now, I am pressing charges and you are UNDER ARREST!

[The fans exploded with cheers as one of the officers put the cuffs on her. Chelsea started kicking and screaming when she realized she was being arrested!]

Allison: Get this public relations disaster out of this ring and off this show… NOW!

[The officers got Chelsea out of the ring. As one of them held her, she was still doing her best to try and kick, scream and break away. The other officer grabbed her by the legs and now she had no way of escape. Allison left the ring, shaking her head.]

Allison: Get her OUT OF HERE!

[All Chelsea Summers could do was helplessly scream “NO!” as she got carried up the ramp and through the curtains, Ian and Brookford laughing at her plight. The announcers expressed disdain at what Chelsea tried to pull, and they also wondered if she was the only Utopia member with plans on invading Shotgun tonight.]

(We cut to a live satellite feed showing Angelica and Kayla Jones on the streets Newark, New Jersey. A loud roar from the audience indicates the adoration they feel for Angelica and Kayla Jones, The Sisterhood, who now stand in front of the camera. Each has their SCW World Tag Team Championship belt draped over their right shoulder.)

Angel: Hello, St. Paul!

(The Minnesota fans cheer at the cheap pop. Kayla just furrows her brow.)

Kayla: A cheap pop, Angel? Really?

Angel: Yeah, why not?

Kayla: We’re not even IN St. Paul right now, for starters.

Angel: Noooooo, but that doesn’t make them any less important.

(The younger sibling sighs.)

Kayla: Right, well tonight we may not be booked but we are not going to miss the actionright here on Shotgun and we are not going to pass up this opportunity to address certain individuals.

(She motions to herself and Angelica.)

Kayla: Angelica and I, we have a chance at Resurrection to become the first ever Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions. Right, Angel?

(The older sibling nods her head.)

Angel: That’s right, and as you can see…

(She pats her SCW World Tag Team Title belt.)

Angel: We know a thing or two about winning championships. In fact, we’re going to be on a busy schedule defending these tag titles tomorrow night in New Jersey, and then a week from tonight we’ll be facing Livewire’s Sedona Sky.

Kayla: It’s a busy schedule but if anyone can handle it, you know The Sisterhood can, and if you don’t like it, you’d better start getting used to it, because after Resurrection, when we take home the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship, we will be all over the GCW universe. We’ll be on Shotgun, we’ll be on Livewire, we’ll be taking on all comers!

Angel: And whether you are Ginger Nation, Sedona Sky, or Matty and Darian, it doesn’t matter because the result will be the same, right Kayla?

(The younger sibling nods her head.)

Kayla: That’s right. We’ll kick your teeth, right down your throat!

Melanie McBride vs Skuld

[With everything that has gone on, it’s absolutely no surprise that this was far more than a brawl than it was a wrestling match throughout the entire time they faced each other. Skuld was the one that came out brawling, wanting to do everything she could in order to get revenge on Melanie for how she had wronged her in the past. Eventually though, Melanie took advantage of this aggressiveness and managed to dodge a spear, causing Skuld to get nothing but corner. Melanie would slow the match down, choosing to injure the shoulder of Skuld and she’d be in control for a while. Skuld tried the best she could to make it into a slugfest again, but Melanie was outsmarting her too much with various suplexes and armbars to continue to try to wear her down. Melanie appeared to be in control toward the end of the match after connecting with a missile dropkick. Melanie got Skuld up, ready to drop her with a swinging neckbreaker. However, Skuld was able to counter and make one final rally to try and get the win. Skuld pulled a float over backbreaker at the culmination of this rally. Skuld had Melanie up...DYNASTY DROP! Skuld was about to go for the cover, but Pierce Manning came in from behind to trip up Skuld and drag her out of the ring. Pierce then tossed Skuld into the steel steps right in plain view of the referee and the referee had no choice but to call for the bell as the crowd booed.]

WINNER (by DQ): Skuld

[Pierce had an angry look on his face as Skuld was slowly crawling toward the barricade. He seemed like he was looking to attack her, but instead he focused his attention on the ring and seeing Melanie in the middle of it. He went in the ring and picked Melanie up off the mat. Rather than hurt Skuld, he chose to help Melanie by carrying her to the back, resulting in more boos from the audience. The announcers talked about how Pierce essentially saved Melanie from suffering what could have been a pretty stinging defeat. Skuld slowly recovered, trying to make sense of what just went down and looking unhappy with the result.]

[Samuel Price stands backstage, waiting for his cue.]

Samuel Price: Ladies and gentleman please welcome my guest at this time, Queen Mamba!

[Crowd cheers as Mamba waits in view, sporting a black GCW hoodie with her ring gear underneath.]

Price: Mamba, two weeks ago, you pinned Chantelle Chambers and once again got one up on her. Many people are calling it a breakout performance for you. But tonight, tonight you have another chance to win the GCW Television Championship against a man you're no stranger to in Nate Lawson. What are your thoughts going in this match here?

[Mamba looks at Price for a moment before cracking a smile.]

Mamba: My thoughts? Simple. I'm going to win.

[The crowd cheers as Mamba pauses.]

Mamba: The last time I had a chance to win the TV title, I lost. In fact, Nate pinned me to win it. I spent months dealing with Adrian Waters' garbage, months fighting for that title only for Nate to beat me for it. Nate, I've told you this plenty of times. you're one of the toughest people I know. You're one of the good guys. You mean business. You don't mess around. You don't play games. You just go out there and you fight. But you know by know that's what i do too. I fight and I win, too. At this point, a year now here in GCW, I think it's safe to say everyone knows when I get into the ring, whoever faces me is going to have to go through hell because I won't back down and I won't lose to anyone.

[Mamba pauses.]

Mamba: I'm better than I was then Nate. And tonight, finally, that title will be mine. As far as you go Chantelle Chambers?

[Mamba smiles again.]

Mamba: How does it feel? How does it feel that at every turn you turn your nose at me, every turn when you hit me with brass knuckles, I keep getting on up on you? How does that feel that this "little girl" keeps beating you? Does it eat you up inside? Does it burn you inside? i hope it does. I hope you feel angry. I hope you feel pissed because I am going to single handily crumble this fantasy that the world revolves around you. I'm going to tear down this fantasy that the world owes you something. And I'm going to show you why you never pick a fight with me. Because when you down, you end up on your back.

[Mamba looks at the camera.]

Mamba: So I hope you watch my match tonight Chantelle. I want you to see that you're not going to stop me from taking your spot. I know you feel threatened. I know you don't want me to be in this position. You don't like it Chantelle? Do something about it.

[The crowd cheers as Mamba walks off screen,]

Television Championship.
Queen Mamba vs Nate Lawson (Champion)

[Nate Lawson was waiting in the ring for Queen Mamba to come out. However, her entrance was mysteriously delayed. However, the big screen above the stage revealed some… interesting footage…]

BACKSTAGE

[Shotgun cut backstage where Chantelle Chambers was shown assaulting Queen Mamba in the locker room. Chantelle whipped Mamba into the lockers, causing the locker to pop open and some weapons to come pouring out of it. Chantelle picked up one of those weapons, a Singapore cane, and smacked Mamba across the stomach a couple of times before it snapped in half. Chantelle picked up Mamba and dragged her to the corner of the locker, jamming her head into the corner a few times, causing her to open up a cut that was oozing blood. Chantelle gave Mamba the Nightly Knockout into the floor. Chantelle stood above Mamba, stepping back as EMT’s came in and as they tended to her, Chantelle gave a shrug and a laugh. The scene cuts back to ringside as the crowd boos.]

RINGSIDE

[Nate Lawson was back in the ring, looking quite displeased. The referee told him the match wasn’t happening and he requested a microphone.]

Nate: There’s no way I’m going to let my night go down like that. You people deserve better from me! So, due to Chantelle’s insufferable actions, I am in need of a challenger tonight. Open challenge! Anyone in the back, if you want a shot at this, come and get it!

[Nate threw down the microphone and waited a bit before Mike Michaels came down the ramp alone. Nate was confused, but then DOMINIC BAINE blindsided Nate and picked up the microphone.]

Baine: I’m not waiting until Resurrection for my TV title shot! You’re on!

TV Championship: Nate Lawson © vs. Dominic Baine

[Mike Michaels was cheering on his client as the referee called for the bell. Baine wasted no time pounding Nate and giving him a fight. In the early stages of the match, Baine was definitely in control, suing an array of holds and a bit of a power arsenal in order to wear down Nate. Baine brought a more physical style than challenger’s past, making it clear he was going for the ribcage to wear down the champion. Some heavy punches in the corner and three variations of gutbusters did the trick, but Nate wasn’t going to stop fighting just yet. Baine tried to connect with a German suplex, but Nate landed on his feet. Nate hit a German suplex of his own and slowly, but surely, he was evening up the score. A facebuster helped him, along with a running cutter. Nate of course, relied on his submission prowess, trying to put Dominic to sleep with cobra clutches and a straitjacket sleeper hold. However, Nate didn’t have too long being in control as Mike Michaels kept interfering to stem the tide back to Baine. Baine hit a double knee gutbuster on Nate, going for the cover after that, but Nate kicked out. Baine made a charge on a rising Lawson. LAWSON COUNTERED WITH A DOUBLE EDGE SPINEBUSTER! Lawson made the cover, but Michaels jumped on the apron. Lawson got up and punched him off the apron. Lawson turned around and walked a bit, before Baine recovered to kick him in the gut and lift him up… INTERNATIONAL TREATY! Baine was about to go for the cover. However, TRAVIS VESSEY ran in the ring and grabbed him, giving him a German suplex of his own. The referee called for the bell.]

WINNER (by DQ): Dominic Baine. STILL TV Champion: Nate Lawson

[Vessey wasted no time getting himself some, lifting up Baine from the mat, and then nailing him with the Vessey Driver. Vessey rolled out of the ring and walked up the ramp with a smirk on his face. The announcers made it clear that Vessey did what Baine had done to him before: potentially costing him the TV title just when he was about to win. Michaels got up and pulled Baine out of the ring, while Lawson recovered a bit, looking unhappy at the fact that this had happened to him again. The broadcast team also made it clear Baine still had his TV title shot at Resurrection along with Vessey and wondered how Nate was going to respond to this.]

Backstage, Adrian Waters stands, microphone in hand. There is no interviewer with him...which seems to suit him well, judging by the smirk on his face.

Adrian: "Sorry boys and girls, I've requested that the idiots who run around backstage with microphones stay the hell away from me tonight. You could add up the IQ's of all three of them together and it would fall painfully short of my IQ. But enough about those morons."

Adrian's smile suddenly disappears and he glares into the camera.

Adrian: "Obviously, the powers that be didn't get enough of me kicking Axl Austin's ass at Civil War, so they booked round two for tonight. I have a sneaky feeling that May berry and her bias for Vicky and Axl is behind this, actually. I'm sure Vicky convinced our incompetent general manager that Axl deserves this rematch and he will drive up Shotgun's ratings by taking down the evil genius Adrian Waters."

Waters shakes his head.

Adrian: "Skateboy, I bet you're chomping at the bit to get your hands on me again. I haven't forgotten the cheap shots or your buddies getting involved in our business...so if you think you're the one with the axe to grind, you are sorely fucking mistaken! Face facts boy! You will NEVER match up to me! I am smarter than you, stronger than you, better looking than you, and my fiance is much hotter than yours. You are NOTHING! You should have stayed on the playground riding around on your little skateboard where the worst pain you ever had to deal with was a boo-boo on your knee because you were too stupid to remember your knee pads! I want you to remember one thing later tonight when you're too sore to stick that stump you call a pecker in Salinas's big-ass mouth...you asked for this.

As for your two buddies Brookford and McKinnon...you should have both stayed home. You both should have remained in obscurity. I know you two will be lurking around tonight to have your friend Axl's back. I know you three, along with the psychopath have this illusion that you are going to march into Resurrection and vanquish the evil alliance of Utopia and fans world-wide will sing your praises, the blind will suddenly start to see, and you will ascend into Heaven on a big puffy white cloud. None of it is going to happen! Rain is a delusional, mentally disturbed person with these crazy fantasies, and you three men are feeding her delusions!"

Adrian shakes his head again.

Adrian: "Shame on all three of you for playing along with her...for enabling her! People like our pathetic excuse of a World Champion like to call me an enabler. Sure, I have enabled Myra to embrace who she is and to tell anyone who can't accept the real her to fuck off. You three are enabling a psycho to continue to believe that GCW is this holy crusade and Utopia are here doing the work of Satan. She believes she's Jesus Christ and you all follow her like apostles. I know none of you have a lick of common sense, but I thought you would recognize a fruitcake when you saw one. Well, at least I thought that much of Ian and Nathaniel. I never had any expectations for Skateboy. Just like tonight. For some reason, everyone believes there will be a different outcome. Not. Going. To. Happen. Tonight, I remind all of you why Utopia are on top of GCW, starting with a repeat performance over Vicky's little boy."

"Siren", by Kat Krazy ft. Elkka starts to play over the speakers, as Katherine Prescott makes her entrance. She gives the fans a wave and slaps hands with them, but her focus is the ring. Once inside, she asks for a mic.

Katherine: Alright Jason, I passed your first 'Trial' two weeks ago, what's next? Another handicap match? Two on One? Three on One? Hell, Four on One!? Get your ass out here so we can get this over with!

Katherine doesn't have to wait long, for 'Hells Bells' comes over the sound system. Jason walks out, a microphone in hand. He smirks at Katherine.

Jason: Four on One, huh? Sounds like one of your nighttime romps in the sack!

The crowd goes 'OOOHHHHH' at that. Katherine doesn't look fazed, though.

Katherine: Cute. So, you going to lobby sex jokes or will you just send your goons out, already?

Jason: Calm down, calm down... I haven't even told you what you're in for tonight. Y'know, last week I was impressed. Two seven footers in Crasher and Basher, and you handled them like jobbers. Not bad at all. Tonight's gonna be a bit different, though... because it's not going to be a handicap match. No... instead, tonight is going to be a gauntlet match!

Katherine says 'Bring it on!'.

Jason: Three carefully-chosen wrestlers... you beat one, another comes down. It only ends if you beat all three, or more likely, one of them beats you! So have fun... I know I will! Come on out, first contestant!

Some unfamiliar music plays, and out comes former GCW star, Trysta Allen. She runs to the ring, and the bell immediately sounds. Trysta launches some kicks towards Katherines leg and ribs, but she manages to catch Trystas leg and take her down with a dragon-screw legwhip. Trysta holds her leg in pain. Katherine goes to work on that leg, using a series of holds to weaken it further. She goes for a figure-four, but Trysta uses her free leg to push her into the turnbuckles. Trysta climbs to her feet, putting her weight on her good leg, and when Katherine stumbles back, Trysta drops her with a neckbreaker. Now Trysta goes to work, focusing her attacks on Katherines ribs. Trysta finally, slowly, climbs to the top, aiming to finish the match with the Trysta Splash. However, Katherine catches her in the stomach with her knees when she flies off, then Katherine staggers to her feet, picks Trysta up, and drops her with Katherines Pride. She makes the cover and gets the three-count.

Jason: One down... but still, two more to go. Bring out the next participant!

More unfamiliar music music plays, and this time former GCW star, Extreme Machine, charges down the ramp. He charges at Katherine, she she blocks and fights back with punches. She pushes him towards the ropes, and whips him to the opposite side, but Extreme Machine comes back with a thunderous spear. Katherine holds her ribs, struggling to breathe, but Extreme Machine continues the onslaught, driving elbows and knees directly into her ribs. He lifts her up and uses a bearhug, squeezing as tightly as he can. Katherine claps his ears once, twice and then a third time to break the hold. She launches a few rights, then throws him towards the ropes. She drops her head down, but he catches her with a kick to the face. Extreme Machines goes for a clothesline... but Katherine ducks and quickly locks in The Last Gasp. She manages to bring Extreme machine down to the mat, and the referee checks once... twice... and a third time, awarding Katherine the second win in the gauntlet.

Jason: Pretty good... but you have one more opponent. Bring him on!

More unfamiliar music, and the last opponent from the past is Dustin Windham. Instead of rushing to the ring, he circles around it. Katherine dares him to come into the ring, and he slides in... then immediately out. He continues this, and it frustrates Katherine to the point that she slides out of the ring and chases him down. However, he immediately turns around and decks Katherine, then tosses her, hard, into the guardrail, right in the ribs. Windham grabs Katherine, turns around, and rushes her back-first into the ring apron. Over and over he does this, before he pushes her in the ring. Windham delivers a few hard kicks into Katherines ribs. before lifting her up and locking her in an abdominal stretch. The referee asks if Katherine wants to give up, but she yells the negative... even when Windham sends a few elbows into her ribs. Katherine finally manages to gather her strength, and turns the stretch into a hiptoss, even though it hurts her ribs further. Windham gets to one knee... and realizing she needs to end this quickly, Katherine rushes forward and connects with The K. D. S., knocking Windham out. Katherine makes the cover for the three count.

Robert E. Lee: The winner of the Gauntlet Match... KATHERINE PRESCOTT!!!

The crowd cheers, and the referee raises Katherines arm. Katherine is clutching her ribs, wounded but victorious. Jason interrupts with a sarcastic golf clap.

Jason: Bravo! BRAV-O! You managed to complete your second Trial! Well, savor this victory... because next time, the outcome will be a whole lot different!

Jason heads to the back, and Katherine watches him go. She knows that whatever he has planned, it's going to be even more difficult than these last two Trials.

[Shotgun flashes back to Civil War 2016, during a match taking place between Victoria Salinas and Alexander Midas, the two being locked in quite a tight battle that night.]

Victoria (voice over): Some history there, huh?

[The clip show continues with Midas suplexing Victoria and taking control of the match and later on, Victoria doing the same thing in kind and connecting with the Ginger Breaker only for Midas to kick out of that.]

Victoria (voice over): I remember how it all started. It was the second Shotgun of 2016. I was coming off of a VERY frustrating show the week before and I was looking forward to that show considering it was in Edmonton and I had the hometown advantage teaming with Amelia Robson and Glory Braddock that day. This was during a time in my GCW career where no matter what I did, I just could never get close to regaining the world title I have now. It was the most frustrating period of my GCW career, needless to say. I remember Midas assaulting me with Executive Order backing him and that’s how this whole history started.

[The next clip features Midas having Victoria in the Midas Touch.]

Victoria (voice over): That was a match I had to have, not just to help GCW in its fight against Executive Order, but to beat a recent former World Champion in Midas to vault myself back in the world title conversation. I had it too… until THIS happened…

[The next clip sees Victoria having Midas in the Burning Victory hold and almost getting him to tap out, before Derek Powers ran into the ring to break up the submission and cause a disqualification victory. Shotgun fades back to the locker room where Victoria Salinas is watching these events all over again on a television screen. She draws huge cheers upon her appearance and she’s obviously focused as hell, even though she’s watching herself get assaulted by Executive Order at the moment.]

Victoria: I never wanted to win that match that way, but I know that tonight, I have an opportunity to change that by defending my World Championship against Alexander Midas and punching my ticket to the main event of Resurrection. Keep watching this, and you’ll be surprised by how full circle tonight is compared to Civil War last year…

[On the television screen, the beating plays out until Isabella Harker, Axl Austin and Glory Braddock intervene, ultimately leading to even odds and the ‘good guys’ being able to stand tall through it all.]

Victoria: And who was one of the people that was there? Isabella Harker, and now she is challenging for the world title against one of us at Resurrection. It’s going to be ME defending that title against her. I didn’t come as far as I have, especially in the last eight months after “Ginger Vicky” became a thing, only to lose the World Championship I worked so hard for so long to regain just a month shy of Resurrection. As I’ve mentioned before, my goal wasn’t to just win the World Championship again, it was to get to Resurrection as the GCW World Champion. Midas, you may have the “golden touch”, having won the title before, but you don’t have the burning desire that I do to be in that main event because while I’ve busted my ass and earned what I have, all YOU did was constantly complain and whine about your “god given right” to be in that main event until you got your shot. I hope you enjoy Resurrection from your living room, Midas, because after tonight, that’s the only way you’ll be getting close to the action that weekend!

[The crowd cheers loudly as the GCW World Champion leaves the scene, thus ending the segment.]

Civil War Rematch.
Axl Austin vs Adrian Waters

[Adrian Waters was looking to prove his dominance over Axl Austin, while Axl was looking to get some revenge for Civil War and the way things went down that night. As a result, this was a hell of a grudge match with two contrasting styles. Axl and Adrian were pretty much even at the opening bell, with both getting a feel for things and having their moments. But of course, Adrian reverted to his cheating ways after landing on his feet during a German suplex attempt and then drilling Axl with a cheap chop block to the back of the knee. Adrian would wisely focus on the knee for the remainder of the match, resorting to tactics ranging from banging the knee into the ringpost to applying constant kneebars to try to further aggravate the injury. Adrian’s most impressive spot when he was in control was a spinning facebuster from the second rope that could have had it, had Axl not grabbed the bottom rope in the nick of time. Adrian went for the Smart Elbow, but Axl dodged it. This was Axl’s opening to get back in the match and he’d take full advantage of it. Even a bum knee couldn’t slow him down as it enabled him to hit moves from the top rope like a missile dropkick, a step up enziguri and a roundhouse kick. Axl hit the Kickflip to the jaw! But, he wasn’t done just yet. Axl got Adrian up on his shoulders and… POP SHUVIT! Axl made the cover, but the referee was pulled out of the ring by MYRA LYNWOOD! Myra wasn’t done just yet as she entered the ring and began to attack the unaware Axl. Myra would do a number on him and Adrian eventually recovered. Adrian got Axl up and… USE YOUR HEAD! Myra escaped the ring, about to throw the referee back in, but she got stopped by JAZMYN RAIN who ran down the ramp and clotheslined her. Jazmyn and Myra then got into a brawl near the barricade and Adrian left the ring and threw the ref back in, enabling him to stir. Adrian went to the top rope, looking for the super smart elbow. Adrian went for it and… NO! Axl rolled out of the way. Axl got up as did Adrian. Adrian stumbled… INTO AYATOLLAH OF P’COLA! The fans exploded with cheers as the referee came to at that moment. Axl covered Adrian and got the three count!]

WINNER: Axl Austin

[The referee helped Axl up and raised his hand. Myra broke away from the scrum and was horrified at what just happened. Rather than fight Jazmyn any more, she helped Adrian out of the ring and backed up the ramp with him. Jazmyn recovered and slid back in the ring to congratulate Axl, the two of them staring down Myra and Adrian as they continued to back up the ramp. The broadcast team wondered how in the world Jazmyn once again telegraphed Myra invading Shotgun trying to help Adrian, though they weren’t condemning her presence knowing it prevented Axl from being robbed.]

Backstage…

Chantelle Chambers can be seen walking through the backstage after her attack on Queen Mamba, the same attack that rendered her unable to compete for the GCW Television Championship. Chambers, looking very pleased with herself, passes through as Samuel Price rushes to catch up.

Price: “Chantelle… can we get a word?”

Chantelle stops, a satisfied expression on her face as she turns to face the interviewer.

Chambers: “Let me guess… you want to know why I attacked Queen Mamba before her TV Title match?”

Price: “Yes!”

She laughs.

Chambers: “Oh, Sammy… you always ask the most ridiculous questions! I did it because I can. Because who was going to stop me? You didn’t see a massive army rushing out there to save her, did you?”

Price: “But by costing her a shot at the TV Championship…”

Chambers: “I cost myself a potential shot at the same title. Well, boo-hoo. I know with all this “renewed focus” on that belt, people are wanting to see a main event level talent like me challenge for it SO BADLY, but you know what? I don’t need to wait for someone like Queen Mamba to get a shot at the belt. If I wanted a shot, I should get one just on my name alone. No… what I did tonight wasn’t about that. Tonight was about taking that dream… the goal that Queen Mamba has to be somebody… to be a CHAMPION… and ripping it away from her when she least expected it. And sure, I could have let her take her shot. I could have helped her win her shot. But she does not DESERVE it! She doesn’t deserve to have her dreams realized! She doesn’t deserve to have her work pay off for her. She deserves to be that person who comes so close… SOOOO CLOSE… only to fall short. She deserves to see her dreams go up in smoke and know that it was ME who took that from her!”

Price: “All this because last Shotgun, she…”

Chantelle throws a hand up, stopping Price in his words…

Chambers: “I know what you’re going to say, and don’t. You don’t have to applaud what was no more than a lucky roll-up. That will be corrected in time. One roll-up does NOT make Queen Mamba better than me. All it serves to do is earn my attention and my anger. Do you remember how the Cailey Carter experiment ended?”

Price: “Different talents…”

Chambers: “And one constant. Me. I am better than what has been thrown against me. And Queen Mamba… she gets the distinct privilege of being an example of what happens when you mess with the Beverly Hills Bombshell!”

With that, Chambers continues to storm away from the scene.

[Shotgun fades to the interview room where Roderick Osborne is sitting down with Karina Lysenko who at this point has dressed out of her wrestling gear and into a ravishing red dress, trying to look as sophisticated as she can be. The crowd boos her presence as the interview begins.]

Roderick: Ladies and gentlemen, with me at this time for a very special interview is none other than Ginger Nation member, Karina Lysenko. Now, first off, congratulations on yet another win earlier tonight against Cassidy Haze.

Karina: Thank you. It was just another display of dominance on my part. I’ve been doing so much of that lately. Too bad Allison Mayberry doesn’t seem to care.

Roderick: And I take it this is why you’ve been assaulting what you call “purgatory mongrels” is that correct?

Karina: That’s a big part of the reason, yes. That’s the root of this whole problem that these idiots don’t understand. From day one, I was ignored and forgotten about. People don’t know what it’s like to live the life and career of a Madame Santos or a Monroe Jones like I did for so long. People don’t know how much suffering someone has to go through when they go an entire year and a few months without getting any sort of win. Are people aware that while I was going through this stretch of losing as long as I did, my personal life was all over the place? No, and they didn’t care either. All they did was laugh at me and mock me for being slightly above the level of the El Perros. But… that’s behind me now!

Roderick: How can that be behind you when you’ve been assaulting the likes of Wrestling Royalty and Madame Santos in recent weeks? There’s still bitterness on your part.

Karina: The message is SIMPLE, you fool! I’m attacking all of them so Allison Mayberry can get the picture and NOT book me against people like THAT. By booking me against THAT, she sends the message that I am not important and that I had my chance against Nate Lawson, failed, and it’s back to the beginning for me! No! That’s a ginger injustice if there ever was one!

Roderick: And I take it this is also why you joined Ginger Nation when you did?

Karina: Ginger Nation SAVED ME! It’s no coincidence that since I joined them, I’ve only lost ONE match and even then, Nate Lawson cheated!

Roderick: Let’s talk about Karen McBride…

Karina: Oh no… no no no….please no…

Roderick: Are you afraid of her?

Karina: No. Karen and I have a history. She helped me get out of Ukraine when things got bad there. She guided me to a normal life in America, helped me get my career going. I was in even worse purgatory in the old country, she saved me from that.But here in GCW, when I was in purgatory again? She was nowhere to be found! While I was floundering after things with Vessey went south, she was too busy fucking her husband on Livewire and being a joke of a tag team wrestler. Karen never called me to see how I was doing. Karen never reached out. Karen ABANDONED ME! I never want to see her or her vomit inducing face again! She reminds me too much of the past I want to get away from. Is that good enough for you, Roderick?

Roderick: It certainly sheds light on things, yes. But, running away from her doesn’t solve anything.

Karina: I don’t WANT her in my life! I don’t know what her deal is or why she would want to get involved in my business again!

Roderick: Her presence causes THAT much pain for you?

Karina: ...yes…

Roderick: So, wouldn’t a better idea be to confront this “pain” and face her in a match? Maybe even at Resurrection?

Karina: Oh no…..

[Karina gets up.]

Karina: That’s the stupidest idea ever. How dare you insult me by suggesting such a thing!

[Karina begins to walk away, disappearing from camera view.]

Roderick: Karina, I didn’t mean to be offensive. Karina…. DAMN!

[Roderick shakes his head upon realizing Karina is gone.]

Roderick: *sigh* Back to you guys at ringside.

[Roderick gets up and leaves as well, signaling an end to the interview.]

X Division Championship
Civil War Rematch
Cody Linberg Knight vs Isabella Harker (Champion)

[Christy Hightower was stationed at ringside for this Civil War rematch, but that didn’t stop champion and challenger from wanting to reach a tangible conclusion after neither one was able to pick up the win at the event two months ago. As evenly matched as the fans wanted it to be, there were times where it felt like a handicap match as Christy kept interfering at the best conveniences. Still, this did not stop Harker from showing why she’s been a solid X-Division Champion for as long as she has. She took it to Cody, matching his technical abilities and being able to outpace him. Isabella nearly had Cody after a snapmare, a springboard DDT and a senton, but she just wasn’t able to keep him down for that extra second longer. On the other hand, even with a turnbuckle bomb, a Northern lights suplex and a sidewalk slam, Cody just wasn’t able to score the win. A vertical suplex left champion and challenger down in the ring in the late stages of the match. Both were able to get up at about the same time. Cody came with a corner splash, but Isabella got out of the way. Isabella came back with a running corner splash of her own, Cody stumbled to the center of the ring and fell down, while Isabella fell on the ropes. The referee checked on Cody, which gave Christy Hightower an opening to pull out a can of pepper spray from her top and spray it right in Isabella’s eyes. Christy then picked up the X-Division title and clocked it right across the skull. Isabella fell down to the mat as Cody got up, forcing the referee to refocus. Blinded and likely knocked out, Isabella could do little as Cody got her up to her feet, and then lifted her up! INTERNATIONAL TREASURE! The fans fell silent, though some boos were heard as Cody hooked the leg for the cover!]

Winner and NEW GCW X Division Champion: Cody Lindberg-Knight!

[Christy wasted no time getting in the ring with the X-Division Championship to join in on the celebration as Cody had a smirk on his face, completely satisfied with what he just managed to do. Christy put the title around his waist as the crowd booed what they just witnessed. Clearly, this drew some ire from the broadcast team as they condemned Cody and Christy for the shenanigans they just pulled to take the X-Division Championship away from Isabella Harker. It didn’t matter to the power couple, however, as they celebrated the fact that Cody not only won, but managed to win over the very person challenging for the GCW World title at Resurrection. Cody and Christy left the ring with the title and continued to celebrate while the referee checked on Harker.]

(We cut to the backstage area. We find “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock standing in front of the camera. The blonde bombshell looks like a million bucks with her winning smile, almost devilish in a way as she prepares to speak.)

Julia: So I guess I’ve been a little naughty lately. I’ve been getting involved in my sister’s business on Livewire and, as a result, Allison Mayberry has fined me.

(She chuckles.)

Julia: Let me just say that the money I spent paying off the fine was well worth it. Glory needs to understand that I can do what I want, when I want, and at the end of the day no one can stop me. Allison can’t stop me. Livewire’s General Manager Francis Taylor can’t stop me. The GCW Owner Dr. Henry Van Stanton cannot stop me. As much as they may dislike the actions that I take, they cannot and will not stop me because I am their top star. I am the best wrestler on the GCW roster. They know it and more importantly, Glory, you know it as well. There is only one group of people who still refuse to accept the fact that I am The Best in the World...the fans, YOUR fans.

(The crowd roars in the background.)

Julia: Do you hear that, Glory? These idiots love you. They love you because they’ve bought into the hype of you being The Best in the World. And I’ll give credit where credit is due. You have done a hell of a lot in this business. Hell, you’ve done more in this business than almost anyone else. You are a thirteen time world champion and a member of three different pro-wrestling halls of fame. You even took this company, Global Championship Wrestling, and resurrected it. You brought it back and transformed it into the global phenomenon that it is today. You deserve all the credit in the world for accomplishing that.

(She smirks nastily.)

Julia: But your time is up, Glory. That’s what you failed to realize when you brought GCW back. You brought GCW back, great, but you should’ve stayed behind the desk and ran the company, allowing the stars of tomorrow, stars like ME, to take the spotlight that rightfully belongs to us!

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: Oh but you couldn’t help yourself, could you? You had to keep getting involved for the sake of your own inflated ego. I realized at that moment that Aphrodite was right about you. I realized that you needed to be humbled for your own good. So we took everything away from you. We took the company from you and we took your birthright away from you. We made you her daughter. Everything was perfect then. We could’ve been a family.

(She growls angrily under breath.)

Julia: But Jazmyn Rain had to get involved. She had to stick her nose where it didn’t belong. Now she brought that ego of yours back. She brought that egomaniacal side of you back, that side that cannot give up the spotlight. So now it has once again become necessary to humble you, Glory, only now I will humble you myself without the assistance of anyone else. There is only one way to humble you now, Glory, and that is to defeat you on the grandest stage of them all, the stage that YOU yourself built…Resurrection. And when I do beat you at Resurrection, your fans will abandon you. They will see you for the fraud that you are and they will be forced to cheer for me, the NEW Best in the World. But until then…

(She chuckles.)

Julia: …until then, keep an eye in the back of your head, Glory. Sleep with eye open. You never when I’ll strike again. I will stop at nothing to prove to you and your stupid little fans that I am The Best in the World.

[Shotgun fades to the trainer’s room where Adrian Waters is sitting down on the bed, seething after what took place earlier with his match against Axl Austin.]

Voice: I don’t get it…

[The scene pans, revealing Myra Lynwood’s presence. The crowd boos her immensely as Myra looks not just angry, but also confused.]

Myra: Everywhere I go, Jazmyn seems to be there too. She’s telegraphing EVERYTHING we’re doing. And now, because of her, YOU got CHEATED out of a win against Axl!

Adrian: I know…

Myra: This can’t be happening anymore. We know it’s Clarissa feeding information to Jazmyn. But see, this is the part that I don’t understand. How in the world is she finding out all this information?

Adrian: I still think Andrea has something to do with this. Whatever. Axl can revel in the fact that he cheated his way to victory tonight, but he will always be second best in his own relationship *snickers*

Myra: That’s true! At least YOU’RE a bigger and better man than HE’LL ever be… in more ways than one… not that I’d KNOW, but Vicky’s always had a thing for the shrimp dicks.

Voice: Aren’t you lucky that you’re an invited guest tonight?

[Myra and Adrian both scowl at the presence of Allison Mayberry who just walked into the trainer’s room.]

Allison: Go figure that Adrian here decided to use a loophole to invite you to Shotgun to avoid any trespassing charges for you, but that doesn’t mean you have any right to get involved and interfere in any matches, do I make myself clear?

Adrian: Why don’t you tell the same thing to Jazmyn, you stupid bitch? Oh, I know why! Because she’s so BELOVED!

Allison: You do realize Jazmyn was also fined for two weeks ago, right?

Myra: Is she getting fined for tonight too?

Allison: No, because she’s an invited guest via Victoria. You’re lucky on that regard Myra, otherwise… well… let me ask you guys two questions. One, is Andrea here?

Adrian: No.

Allison: And did anyone invite Chelsea Summers? Because one of you need to bail her out of jail. Don’t answer that. By the way, I’ve been talking with Francis Taylor and we’ve come to an agreement on something involving you folks and Resurrection. Expect an announcement in the coming days.

[Allison turns and leaves the scene, and now both Myra and Adrian are pretty damn pissed.]

Myra: WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Adrian: UGH….

Myra: You’ve got to be KIDDING ME! WHY does she keep being so STUPID?!?!?!?

Adrian: I don’t know Myra. All I know right now is that we have to find some way to keep Utopia together, even if we never were thrilled with Andrea in the first place and we’ve soured on Chelsea recently. If there’s a way we can get back to basics and remember why we’re all in this together, we can pull through this and we can be stronger than ever.

Myra: You’re right. Jazmyn, Axl and the Odyssey have been the biggest pains in our asses. Mind planning something tonight?

Adrian: What about Chelsea?

Myra: Leave her in jail. She needs to learn her lesson. But you’re right, we need to get back to basics. We just need to figure out how…

Adrian: I think I may know a way…

Myra: Oh? Do tell?

[Myra walks a bit closer to Adrian and their conversation of how to keep Utopia afloat continues, albeit with the scene fading and the audience not knowing what they may have planned as it cuts away not too long after Myra inquires about something Adrian may have in mind.]

Grudge Match
Jefferson Bentley vs Pierce Manning

[Pierce Manning was definitely at a size disadvantage going up against Jefferson Bentley and he knew it! That’s why Pierce did everything he could to either run away or to outsmart him. Jefferson was having none of it. When he was in control, he was in control. Obviously, Pierce wasn’t going to outpower him. Jefferson knew this as he was able to bring down Pierce quite easily connecting with a running big boot, nearly shaking the ring out of its core with a powerslam and delivering a sick powerbomb that nearly broke the ring. But, Pierce, ever tactical, did have his moments. Whether it was using the referee as a human shield, raking the eyes or just straight up chopping him down with constant shots to the back of the knee, Pierce clearly wanted to prove how smart he could be against any given opponent. Pierce seemed to have it won after a cross body from the top, but Bentley was able to power his way out of a pinning predicament. Likewise, it could have been over after Bentley nailed Pierce with an STO, but to no avail. Still, at the end stages of the match, Bentley was the one in command. Bentley had him trapped and hooked, ready to set up for the Final Crisis. However, in one last desperate attempt to avoid punishment and vengeance, Pierce responded with a LOW BLOW! Once more, the referee had to call for the bell.]

WINNER (by DQ): Jefferson Bentley.

[Bentley crumpled to the mat and Pierce pounced on him, doing whatever he could to keep him down. Jefferson’s situation wasn’t helped in the slightest when Melanie McBride ran into the ring to join in on the fun. Melanie would grab a sledgehammer along the way, and Pierce smirked knowing that some heavy damage was going to be done. However, Skuld ran into the ring with an ax in hand. She chased after Pierce, who slipped away by getting out of the ring. Melanie tried swinging the sledgehammer at her head, but Skuld ducked. Melanie turned around and Skuld swung the axe at the sledgehammer, chopping it in half. With no weapon to defend herself with, Melanie had no choice but to run as well. It ended up being a good decision as Jefferson didn’t take too long to get back to a vertical base. This resulted in a staredown between all parties as Pierce and Melanie backed up the ramp before turning and walking away, deciding they wanted to wait to fight another day.]

[The cameras pick up backstage once again and straight away, we’re greeted by the sight of a rather sweaty but clearly ecstatic Cody Lindberg-Knight, his fiance Christy Hightower by his side and the GCW X-Division Championship over his shoulder. Grinning, leans into the camera and flashes his pearly whites as he speaks.]

Cody: “And THAT… is how you get a job done, ladies an’ dickheads! All you little wankers out there booin’ ‘cause your favourite orange haired bint couldn’t do the same, well let’s just say that like a true member of the Knight family, I had more than a little chuckle over that, let’s put it that way! I told you all it were comin’, that I were goin’ to show Harker up for bein’ what she is, a lacklustre champion who doesn’t have what it takes to get the job done… an’ now I’ve done that, well i guess you could say it’s time for a new era for the X-Division championship, can’t ya?”

[Cody repositions the title on his shoulder and throws an arm around Christy’s shoulder, pulling her closer to him as he plants a kiss on her cheek before turning his attention back to the camera.]

Cody: “Ain’t she a diamond, eh? Couldn’t have done this without her support…”

[Cody cracks a huge grin and Christy actually laughs.]

Cody: “Thing is, you lot can’t say this ain’t been comin’, ‘cause we’ve been sayin’ it for long enough now; to borrow a phrase from a good friend of ours, it’s ALL EYES ON US now folks, we’re not happy to just sit back an’ let others decide how our career path’s go, nope… this is just the first step an’ pretty soon you’ll get to see what else is comin’... but now, dickheads, we’ve got some celebratin’ to do! Ain’t that right love?”

[Cody turns to look at Christy and she smirks into the camera.]

Christy: “Damn straight!”

[With that, Cody plants another kiss on Christy’s cheek before turning and raising the title towards the camera before shoving the camera out of his face WITH the belt and walking off, his arm still around Christy’s shoulder as they exit and the scene fades.]

[Back in the locker room, GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas is gathering some final thoughts for her title defense that is coming up in mere moments by watching last year’s Resurrection. Things are getting quite close to the end of the match between “Team GCW” and Executive Order in this four on four when Axl Austin walks in.]

Axl: Watching Alexander Midas get his ass kicked never gets old, does it?

[Victoria chuckles a bit as she stands up to meet Axl in the eye, so to speak. They both watch all four members of team GCW pin Alexander Midas at the same time after they had all hit their finishers on him.]

Victoria: You’re in for a treat tonight then, because it’s going to happen again. Last time? It wasn’t one on one, and the time before that, he got saved by Executive Order. I’ve been waiting for this for a while now, Axl. This is why I didn’t mind Allison having me defend the title against him. He was a huge obstacle on my way back to the world title. He put me through a lot, he did make me feel like crap a few times. I remember how overdramatic I was at one point when I said that he made me feel like I’d never be world champion again. Gosh, that vainglorious era… so much drama, I swear.

Axl: I don’t know, Vix. Are you really THAT less dramatic now?

Victoria: Shut up!

[Victoria laughs as she playfully hits him]

Victoria: There’s Harker again though, right in the middle of it. I can’t help but feel sorry for her considering what happened to her earlier tonight. Shame that it had to happen. But, all I can do is focus on what I have to do and that’s keep this championship with me and meet her at Resurrection. I’ve come so far…

Voice: You have, indeed.

[There are some cheers being heard when Jazmyn Rain walks into the picture. The two exchange a quick hug.]

Victoria: Thanks Jaz… not just for that, but for making sure Axl wasn’t a victim of another bullshit travesty against Adrian Waters.

Jazmyn: Myra is just too predictable. It was too obvious that Adrian was going to invite her to Shotgun to circumvent the fine and try to get one over on Axl so… yeah, thanks for inviting me tonight.

Axl: Again, you don’t need to worry about Myra and her gang of bullshit. You leave that to us! You’ve got your own tall order against you. Midas may be Midas, but you know he’s no slouch.

Jazmyn: Exactly! After the unfortunate thing that happened to Harker, and with the way things went with Lawson earlier, the last thing GCW needs is another title match gone awry tonight.

Victoria: Thanks guys. Don’t worry. I’ve been doing it my entire career: stepping up in the clutch when it matters the most. That’s why I’ve been in that Resurrection main event before and will be there again. That’s why I’m a four-time world champion. When the stage is bigger and when the lights are brighter, there are very few people in this business more clutch than I am in a big match situation like this. Midas was a huge reason why I fell well short of the main event of last year’s Resurrection. Now? I get a dose of revenge for not only keeping him out of the main event, but off Resurrection period! Time to come through again.

[Victoria nods as Axl and Jazmyn wish her luck once more. She leaves the scene, championship over her shoulder, hearing heavy cheers from the fans as the scene cuts to ringside for the main event.]

World Heavyweight Championship.
Alexander Midas vs Victoria Salinas (Champion)

[With a Resurrection main event spot on the line, and with the history between the two dating back to last year, there was no doubt in anyone’s mind that this was going to be a world title match to remember. Something had to give, considering it was Victoria’s Resurrection dreams against Midas’s Resurrection appearance. Evenly matched throughout, this match went the way of the X-Division title match earlier, with neither side giving an inch. Midas had the power advantage and he definitely used it. Victoria fell victim to an electric chair facebuster, a spike DDT and a spinning fireman’s carry slam, but none of those moves were enough to win the title for Midas as Victoria was able to kick out. Victoria had speed to her advantage, however. She wisely used a springboard forearm splash, as well as a spinning heel kick to the jaw and a top rope somersault senton. None of those moves, however, were enough to secure the win with Midas having kickouts of his own. Submissions started to become a real factor late in the match. Midas tried wearing down Victoria with a crossface chickenwing, but Victoria got to the ropes. Victoria likewise tried to wear him out with a cross armbreaker, but to no avail. Spinebuster by Midas! Cover, but Victoria kicked out. As the match got to its late stages, Midas tried the Golden Rule, but Victoria blocked it before he could execute it. She shoved him away and knocked him down with a Busaiku knee kick! Victoria got Midas up to his feet and… GINGER BREAKER! Cover… NO, Midas kicked out! Victoria went to the top rope. Midas got up. Victoria went for a spinning senton… CAUGHT! Midas countered with the GOLDEN RULE! Midas slowly made the cover and… VICTORIA KICKED OUT! Midas was in disbelief! He pulled Victoria up and tried setting up for the Golden Rule again. Victoria countered with a last second knee to the gut. Midas stumbled back. Victoria came back with another Busaiku knee kick, but this time to the gut. Victoria stepped through the ropes, then springboarded herself back in! BURNING DESIRE! The springboard facebuster caused the crowd to explode with cheers! Victoria made the cover, hooking the leg, and she got the three count!]

WINNER and STILL GCW World Champion: Victoria Salinas

[The fans went nuts at how things ended as an exhausted world champion got to her knees as quick as she could after the hellacious match that just took place. The referee handed her the world title and she slowly got up to get her hand raised. Victoria was definitely happy that with the win, she managed to secure her ticket to the main event of Resurrection. Midas, now off the show completely, WASN’T happy as he got up and blindsided her from behind. Midas stomped and kicked away at her as the crowd vehemently booed his behavior. Midas applied the Midas Touch at this point, trying to take Victoria out. Once she seemingly faded, Midas left the ring and grabbed a chair. He went inside of the ring, preparing to use it, but ISABELLA HARKER bolted down the ramp to prevent any further damage. She went in and grabbed the chair, resulting in a tug of war with Midas. While this was going on, Victoria was slowly getting up. She got up right as Isabella pried the chair from Midas. Isabella swung, but Midas ducked and the chair connected right with the spine of the World Champion, causing the crowd to go quiet as Midas quickly rolled out of the ring, snickering over what just happened. Isabella was stunned by what she accidentally did and immediately threw down the chair to check on Victoria. The announcers wondered how this unfortunate accident would affect the friendship between Victoria and Isabella, especially since their Resurrection match is now set in stone, as Shotgun went off the air.]