GCW's Purpose

admin
Site Admin

GCW's Purpose

Post by admin » Mon May 15, 2017 12:36 am

We've completed another Resurrection, which means a fresh set of storylines and a fresh start for GCW. I have thoroughly enjoyed running GCW since I brought it back six years ago. I thank Randy, G, Gary, JJ, styg, kaz, and so many others who have helped and contributed to the success of this place. There are those who look down on us. I don't care what they think. I wouldn't give GCW up for anything. You guys rock, this place rocks, and it's because of GCW that I have rediscovered my enjoyment of e-fedding. Yet, I also feel this is an appropriate time to remind everyone, myself included, of my original purpose behind bringing back Global Championship Wrestling.

When I was planning to bring back GCW, I wasn't even thinking of how to make it an angle fed. My thought was simply this: How can I eliminate the competition factor from e-fedding? After running GDW for ten years and watching people get into fights with me or fights with each other over a decision, that's not what I wanted with GCW. And that's not just a problem GDW had. Ask Olek and Chris. I guarantee you they'll tell you they've had their fair share of it in SCW and UWA. But there was another motive behind my bringing back GCW. Feds like SCW and UWA, certain things you can't necessarily get away with. This isn't to say Olek or Chris would not allow a certain angle or gimmick that you want to run, but you might get scorned by members of the fed for trying it out.

I wanted to create an atmosphere where you felt free to run any angle you want without fear of being criticized, an atmosphere where no arguments over "my roleplay was better than yours" would take place. In other words, I wanted a fed where you truly could have fun. Eliminating the competition factor, I felt, was a major aspect to creating the atmosphere I wanted. So I decided based on that to be an angle fed.

Granted, being an angle fed was easier said than done for me. I had never run an angle fed before. I had a quandary. If winners and losers were decided in advance, then what's the incentive for anyone to participate in the fed. If I knew in advance that my participation of rp writing, segment writing, etc etc would not help or hurt me, I would just sit fat ass back and watch the proceedings.lol I knew I needed an incentive of some sort. That incentive would be the push. Pushes would be determined based upon the most active individuals. Therefore if you want a title, if you want the spotlight, then you need to send in segments. You need to be active. You need to participate. But none of that is competition. Because you can be pushed into the main event scene but that main event push isn't a title feud. Or you could be in the main event for a world title but lose the match. So just because you were clearly the most active never meant you would win all the time. Everyone understood this and everyone was ok with this. And for six years, GCW has had the atmosphere I have wanted to create....an atmosphere free of fear of criticism of our angles, free to be creative, a friendly atmosphere just to have fun.

That's what GCW's Purpose is all about. If there's an angle or storyline or a gimmick you want to run but you don't feel comfortable trying it in SCW or UWA or MCW, then by God do it here. No one will dare criticize you here or they'll answer to me. And that's not to criticize those other feds or how they operate. Most of you know I love SCW.lol But the fact is there are some things we legitimately CANNOT do in SCW because we're not allowed or things we are allowed to do but we may not feel comfortable doing...

...but you can try it in GCW.

All too often we let our enjoyment of this game get hindered simply because we're worried about what others think. I admit, I am guilty of this myself. GCW is supposed to be where you can enjoy yourself and just have fun.

Yes, there will be times when an angle you think you will enjoy and an angle another handler thinks he will enjoy might clash. When that happens, just be decent human beings and talk it out. It's called compromise. In politics it's called diplomacy. But what politicians neglect to tell us is that diplomacy is impossible unless ALL parties involved are willing to negotiate and are willing to give up something to make it happen. In other words, there may come a time when you may have to ask yourself "what part of my angle am I willing to give up?"

But the question of utmost importance that you need to always be asking yourself is simply "am I having fun?" If you're not having fun, then you need to seriously consider changing your angle or changing who you're working with or maybe even do a little introspection, ask yourself if there's I need to change about myself and how I've been going about things?

GCW is supposed to be about having fun and being able to enjoy running whatever gimmicks or angles you want without fear. Never forget that. As long as we keep that in mind, I know we'll have another successful six years going forward.

Return to “Make It So, Number One!”