Shotgun 08.08 <results>

randy

Shotgun 08.08 <results>

Post by randy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Roderick Osborn is backstage, mic in hand.

Osborn: Joining me at this time... Meagan Collins.

Meagan walks into view, her expression one of... well, whatever mood Meagan feels like today.

Osborn: Meagan, tonight is an eventful night for Suffrage. Rosa Vasquez takes on Jessica Adams, Geneva Alan goes one on one with Cailey Carter... and in the main event, your niece, Erica Layford, Nicole Hunter and Odessa Blake will face off with Destiny Van Stanton and Wrestlings Most Wanted. Your thoughts?

Meagan: You call it 'eventful'... I call it 'opportunistic'. See Roddy, my girls came to GCW, not to stand in the crowd, but to take over the whole damn place! We want it all, and what better way to show that, than tonight? What's that cute little saying the Van Stantons like to use?

Osborn: The fix is in?

Meagan: Right! They're right, the 'fix' is in... because Suffrage is 'fix'ing to take over GCW! Suffrage is 'fix'ing to make a statement tonight! Suffrage is 'fix'ing to remindd everyone, that when Aunty Megs wants something... she gets it. I want GCW, I WILL have GCW! I don't care whose in control after Resurrection... the Van Stantons or Glory, we are going to take over GCW!

Osborn: Any final thoughts?

Meagan: Only that I hope my girls opponents tonight are prepared to lose! Whether they are or not, they're still going to lose, anyways! Tonight is our night! Resurrection will be our night! From here on out, Suffrageis on a campaign of domination... and to anyone who gets in our way, sucks to be you!

Meagan pats Roderick on the head and leaves

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you

--

Jessica Adams vs Rosa Vasquez.

No in ring segment starts the show. A match does. Rosa Vasquez wins with the Moonlight Kiss (Fisherman Brainbuster) after her partner Geneva Alan took a cheap shot on Cailey on the outside of the ring that distracted Jessica enough for Rosa to take the opportunistic win. Post match, Rosa and Geneva performer the F&F Driver on Cailey, leaving her a little worse for wear for her match later on in the night.

Winner: Rosa Vasquez.

--

Backstage, Roderick Osborn stands next to, of all people, Richard Dix. Rich has a plate of nachos in his hands and is eating said nachos as the interview begins.

Roderick: "Tonight, Chastity Noel will be defending the GCW Heritage Championship against...well...Richard Dix, who is with me right now. Richard, many people are saying this match is proof positive that 'the fix is in'. What are your comments?"

Rich: "Wup ba phip?"

Roderick: "Ummm, maybe you can try that again when your mouth isn't full of nachos."

Rich nods and takes his time chewing the chips already in his mouth. His eyes are watering and he coughs a little.

Rich: "Dude, they make nachos fucking spicy here! Do you have, like, a bottle of water or something?"

Roderick: "Umm, no. I'm not catering. What about my question?"

Richard looks at Osborn confused.

Rich: "What question? Are you asking me if you're in catering or something? Shouldn't you already know your job with GCW? I'm a stoner and I know I'm a wrestler. Heh."

Roderick shakes his head and sighs deeply.

Roderick: "Some people are saying that the fact that you are given this title opportunity is proof positive that 'the fix is in.' How do you respond to that?"

Rich: "I could use a fix, but I'm, like, not allowed to get high while working."

Roderick: "Not that kind of fix! I'm sure you've heard Mason Van Stanton say 'the fix is in', right?"

Dix looks blankly at Roderick.

Roderick: "Do you ever watch the show?"

Rich: "Which one?"

Roderick: "Shotgun!"

Rich: "Uh. How old are you dude?"

Roderick: "Well, I'm...wait, why do you want to know my age?"

Rich: "You called shotgun, like you're a kid wanting to sit in the front seat of your folks' car and stuff. Heh."

Osborn rolls his eyes.

Roderick: "Okay, let me try asking this another way. You are on quite a losing streak here in GCW. Why do you feel it's fair that you are receiving a title shot tonight?"

Rich: "Oh, yeah. That's easy dude. Do you know what today is?"

Roderick: "Uh, Saturday?"

Rich: "If you say so. It's also 4/20."

Roderick: "Right, it is April 20..."

Rich: "No, butt wipe, it's 4/20. It's the global holiday celebrating the greatest of God's creations...I mean, other than chicks. Well, besides chicks and having sex with chicks. Heh."

Roderick: "Marijuana?"

Dix grins.

Rich: "You got it, dude! Who better to present both weed and GCW to the World than me, right?"

Roderick: "No idea."

Rich: "There is no one, that's why. Heh."

Roderick: "So you don't feel this match was a setup to give an easy victory for Chastity Noel?"

Dix scratches his head.

Rich: "Who?"

Roderick: "Chastity Noel?"

Rich: "I heard you dumb ass, I don't know who you're talking about."

Roderick: "The Heritage Champion? She used to go by Julia Braddock?"

Rich: Oooooh! Mmmm, Julia Braddock. She's hot. That's who I'm wrestling tonight? That rocks!"

Roderick: "Right. Just one more question for you...who is the young lady waiting just off-screen for you? She looks like a local."

Rich looks to where Osborn is staring, then looks back at the interviewer with another dopey smirk.

Rich: "Yeah, that's Anna. Yo, Anna, come over here, babe."

A second later, a beautiful young woman, with an olive complexion and long, dark hair stands next to Rich.

Anna: "Hola Senor Osborn."

Roderick: "Hola to you, too. So, this is a relative perhaps?"

Rich: "I hope not, because I would have committed incest just before the show. Heh. She's like, celebrating 4/20 too. She told me if I win tonight and let her hold the title..."

Rich leans forward and whispers something in Roderick's ear. Osborn's face turns green and he looks sick.

Roderick: "Got it. On that note, that's all the time we have! Good luck tonight, I guess."

Rich: "Later dude. You ready Anna?"

Anna kisses Dix passionately and the two walk off. Osborn shakes his head as they walk off.

Roderick: "Why does GCW management hate me? Seriously?

--

JaMarcus Avery vs Monroe Jones.

JaMarcus Avery wins with Court Marshalled. In a match that should have taken two minutes (to be generous), lasted about five. Not because Monroe posed any real challenge to JaMarcus. The Monster of Princess Nava Farrin wouldn’t stop rag dolling Monroe. The not so prominent of the Jones family took a ride on suplex city. And when he wasn’t being suplexed to death, JaMarcus ground and pounded him, MMA style. Court Marshalled sealed his fate. JaMarcus didn’t bother waiting for the ref to raise his hand. He left after a job well done.

Winner: JaMarcus Avery.

--

Cailey Carter vs Geneva Alan.

Geneva Alan picks up to win after a valiant effort from Cailey Carter. Tried as she might to overcome the odds of getting beat down earlier in the evening, all the sunshine in the world wasn’t enough to overcome the odds. In a twist, Jessica Adams did put down Rosa on the outside, giving Cailey at least a fighting chance to come out on top. A failed moonsault attempt quickly led to Geneva putting the exclamation point with Genevas Law (Spinning Sit-Out Pedigree).

Jessica rolled in the ring to check on Cailey. Geneva rolled out the ring to celebrate her victory with Rosa. So far, Suffrage is 2-0. Will their be a clean sweep as Meagan promised.

Winner: Geneva Alan.
--

The scene rises in the dressing room of the beautiful Brooklyn Smith, who is already in her ring geer and is currently tying her long brunette hair up in a pony tail. As she works on her hair, she looks into the camera and speaks.

Brooklyn: "Twice now, Nava, you got me with your Ashoka Chokra. Twice now, I let my emotions get the better of me, and I let my guard down."

Smith finishes her pony tail, then shakes her head slowly.

Brooklyn: "That's on me. Is this personal for me? Hell yes. You severely injured the man I love because he 'disrespected' you."

Brook makes air quotes.

Brooklyn: "You want to know what I think about your perception that you deserve respect because you're some Indian princess?"

Brook puts up her middle finger...and the crowd pops.

Brooklyn: "You seem very educated on America and American culture, so I'm sure I don't need to explain that gesture to you. I know, not very becoming of the woman who fights to keep pro wrestling classy and respectable. You know what? It's a never-ending, uphill battle, and while I'll never give up the good fight, sometimes you have to just say fuck it! This is one of those times, Nava.

I don't know if you have anyone at home in India who you love. Maybe a parent or a grandparent. You're a young girl, I'm sure you do. How would you feel if someone stormed your castle and attacked any of them...and for a petty, stupid-ass reason? Would you keep your composure or would you go after them? You don't strike me as a very empathetic person, so I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that question. You hurt Darion Andrews and he's been out of action for several months now because of you and your goon. Since then, you've taken every opportunity to try to do the same to me. Yes, Nava, this is personal!

I've been doing a lot of thinking and talking to friends of mine in the industry...and I know what I need to do. I need to put my emotions aside the next time you and I are in the ring together. I need to focus on what I do best...wrestle...and the rest will work itself out. There's one thing I know Nava. Call me arrogant, but I know I'm a better wrestler than you. I'm a second generation wrestler and I've been doing this much longer than you have. I'm a former World Champion and a former World Tag-Team Champion. I need to forget that you've hurt Darion. I need to forget that you have tried to hurt me. I need to get in there and face you wrestler-to-wrestler...and that is how I will get my revenge."

Smith smirks.

Brooklyn: "Tonight, I face the woman you call your laughing peon. Madam Santos. Santos, you've certainly improved yourself this year, but you align yourself with the wrong person. Tonight, Santos, I am going to use you to send a message to your heartless princess...that message is: Brooklyn Smith is coming. You've under-estimated the girl next door for the last time, Nava. See you soon."
--

Madame Santos vs Brooklyn Smith.

Brooklyn opened the match on a world of fire. Not pleased with getting headbutted two shows in a row, she ramped up the competitive fury with the unorthodox Madam Santos. The more Brooklyn tore into her, the more Madam Santos laughed. This got to Brooklyn eventually, creating an opening for Madam Santos to have a chance to some offense in. Her offense consisted mostly of stomps, kicks, biting, scratching. Hair pulling. Having enough of the horseplay, Brooklyn railed. She made Santos tap with “The Hammer Comes Down.”

Winner: Brooklyn Smith.

Post match, JaMarcus tried to sneak up on Brooklyn. The former World Champion got the hell out of dodge. Brooklyn shakes her head showing that she is not going to get caught off guard for the third show in a row.

--

(Backstage we find Mason Van Stanton. On one side of him is his wife, former GCW World Champion Destiny Van Stanton; on his left side is the reigning GCW Heritage Champion Chastity Noel. All three have scowls on their faces.)

Mason: Behind me stands two of the very best wrestlers in the world today.

(He motions to Destiny.)

Mason: This is my lovely, gorgeous wife Destiny Van Stanton. She studied and honed her craft at the legendary Braddock Wrestling School, an organization that graduated many future world champions, herself included. She is the main event of Resurrection and will leave that event as your new GCW World Champion.

(He motions to Chastity.)

Mason: And this is Chastity Noel, your reigning GCW Heritage Champion. She was once just simply ‘the other Braddock’, a sidekick to Glory Braddock. She was once an afterthought. But then I took her under my wing and made her great. I helped her reach the status of GCW Heritage Champion. She has cast off any and all association with the Braddock name so that she can make a name for herself here in GCW.

Chastity: But tonight I am offended. I am offended that I must defend my prestigious GCW Heritage Championship against a druggie like Richard Dix.

(She shakes her head in utter contempt and disgust.)

Chastity: I deserve better than this, GCW. But if you want to see a massacre then fine. Watch what I do tonight to Richard. And Derek Powers, I hope you watch very closely, because his fate will be yours at Resurrection when I defeat you to retain my title.

Destiny: I should be preparing for the biggest match of my career. I am a part of the main event of Resurrection and that is right where I belong. I have no delusions about the fight I will have to endure in order to regain my championship against Chantelle Chambers and Minerva. But I know that I can do it. Yet instead of preparing for the biggest match of my career, our general manager is stirring the pot, stirring up trouble by making myself and Wrestling’s Most Wanted face Suffrage?

(She snarls.)

Destiny: Suffrage, you and your idiot leader Meagan Collins can play Saturday morning super villain all you want. No one takes you seriously. But us, Mason and his girls, we are the ones who will truly dominate this company. Because tonight we dispose of you and then at Resurrection we will once again be covered in gold.

(She kisses Mason.)

Destiny: Tell them why, darling.

Mason: Well that’s simple, my love. The fix is in…

(The scene shifts.)
--

Heritage Championship
Richard Dix vs Chasity Noel (champion)

Richard offered his opponent nachos. Turning her nose up, Chasity Noel kicks Richard Dix in the groin. He drops to the mat. Chasity screamed at the referee to ring the bell. The ref tries to ask Richard if he is ready to compete, before he can answer the question, Chasity Noel drives her knee into the side of his head. Chasity looks up, she notices a steel cage hanging above the ring. She nods to Mason. Mason goes over to timekeepers table, grabs the controls, proceeds to lower the cage down. Now trapped inside the steel cage with Chastity she goes to work on Richard. Repeated shots to the head led to Dix being busted up. Rammed his head into the cage walls several times for good measure. By this time the referee had waved off the proceedings, there would be no Heritage Title defense. Chasity places her foot on the chest of Richard, the fans boo as she raises her championship in the air.

Winner: No contest. And still Heritage Champion. Chasity Noel.
--

The first chords of "When Legends Rise" begins to play over the PA system...)

Legs are tied, these hands are broken
Alone I try with words unspoken
Silent cry, my breath is frozen
With blinded eyes, I fear myself

Lee: From London, England, she is The British Bombshell GLORY BRADDOCK!

(Glory Braddock steps out onto the stage, wearing her ring gear consisting of purple spandex pants, boots, and a purple top. She really does look like a million bucks and grins from ear to ear, gazing out at the crowd for a moment before making her way down the entrance ramp.)

It's burning down, it's burning high
When ashes fall the legends rise
We burned it out oh my oh why

Throat is dry, my vision's fading
I'm paralyzed and left here waiting
Taking time just one step forward
Won't lose my mind, I'm here to stay

(The British Bombshell steps up the steel steps and then onto the ring apron. She poses momentarily on the apron, allowing people to take snapshots before stepping through the ropes and into the ring.)

It's burning down, it's burning high
We burned it out oh my oh why

(Once in the ring Glory heads to the center of the ring and poses once more. Then the music dies down slowly...)

Glory: Thanks for that damn lovely greeting Barcelona!

(The fans in Barcelona erupt in loud cheers for the cheap pop.)

Glory: Resurrection is fast approaching but there’s another “R” word that is on my mind right now and that’s Revolution. Revolutions have occurred frequently throughout history. Some of them turn out well, for the best; others don’t turn out so well. The American Revolution, The French Revolution, The Russian Revolution, and hell, you lot even had a revolution right here in Spain. But with all revolutions, the revolutionaries almost always have an uphill fight. They face repercussions from the ruling faction whom they are trying to topple.

(She motions to herself.)

Glory: I am leading a revolution to topple the Van Stanton boys and their iron fisted rule over Global Championship Wrestling. Timothy Myers has been gracious enough to join me in this and I thank him for it. If we fail, though, we lose our careers. But it’s worth the risk because what Mason Van Stanton and his crew are doing is corrupting and twisting everything good about GCW.

(She points towards the camera.)

Glory: That includes you, Henry. I hear your words and I do think there may be some good still left in you. I’m not entirely convinced that you are the real problem, that you are the true tyrant. But there IS a serious problem and that problem is the fact that you are being corrupted and twisted by your brother Mason. He’s gotten in your ear and has you listening to his crap. And you’re buying into it, all because you no longer trust me.

(She nods her head.)

Glory: I get it. I truly do understand. My past speaks for itself. I brought GCW back after I bought it and GDW after the GDW bankruptcy. But within a few years I became the problem. At one point I was the tyrant of GCW and a revolution was led against me. I understand that you have apparently not forgotten, you have not forgiven, and you no longer trust me.

(She motions to the crowd.)

Glory: BUT these people, they have forgiven, they have put their trust in me again, and for that I am truly humbled. I now stand ready to win my company back, to rescue it from the new tyrant; because like it or not, Henry, your brother has turned you into the tyrant, much like Aphrodite had turned me into the tyrant. And if you don’t believe that Mason twisted you and turned you into this tyrant, look at your own actions. You put Timothy Myers in a two on one situation against Scream Machine in hopes of injuring him. You now have done the same to me as I prepare to face The Brotherhood of Sith on Livewire. Those are not the actions of a good man. Those are the actions of a desperate tyrant who knows his time is up. And just like how you and others waged a revolution to topple me way back when, I now, along with The Rebel, lead a revolution to topple you. Sic Semper Tyrannnis…thus always to tyrants.

(The crowd roars its approval.)

Glory: As for tonight, it’s me against Alissa Midas. My time as a wrestler here in GCW is coming to an end, Alissa. One way or the other I won’t wrestle in GCW any longer past Resurrection. Either I will be the owner once more or my career in GCW is done. So I’m going to come out here to this ring each and every night I can and enjoy this moment with these great GCW fans and enjoy wrestling great athletes like yourself. So get ready to go toe to toe with The Best in the World because I am bringing my A-Game to this match, mate.

Glory Braddock vs Alissa Midas

These two had what was without question the match of the match. Glory took the advantage initially. Alissa tried to out technical the ‘Best in the World.’ Predictably that didn’t go so well. Opting to forgo that strategy all together, Alissa held her own against Glory. She managed to swing the tide in her favor, having Glory on the ropes for a good while. We all saw it coming, the Glory come back.

Glory had the triangle choke [Shekhinah Glory] applied. Alissa fought as hard as she could not to tap out. Glory made the uncharacteristic mistake of not being aware of whether her shoulders were on the mat. The ref counted one, two... just as the ref brought his hand down for three, Alissa tapped out. BUT the tap out AND the three count happened at the same time. The ref was unsure how to call the match.

Posing a distraction to that was The Brotherhood of the Sith taking advantage of the tired Glory and Alissa. They mainly focused on Glory. Alissa recovered enough to lend a helping hand, the two on one was too much. Alexander Midas, followed by Total War, shot down to the ring. Andrew and Dustin opted to take the “it is best to fight another day” mantra, they got what they came for, sending a message to Glory.

Total War helped Glory up. Alexander checked on Alissa. Glory approached Alissa. Both nod to each other. Alissa and Glory shook hands to a thunderous applause. Glory left Total War and the Golden Couple in the ring.

Winner: ???

--

Main Event:
Destiny Van Stanton & Wrestling's Most Wanted vs Odessa Blake, Nicole Hunter & Erica Layford.

Destiny, Wrestling’s Most Wanted stood in the ring waiting for Odessa, Nicole and Erica to walk down. The three ladies of Suffrage did make there way to the ring, slowly. With a smirk on their collective faces, Fame and Fortune entered through the back door. They attacked Wrestling’s Most Wanted from behind. Destiny tried to help. Odessa, Nicole and Erica overwhelmed her with the three on one numbers. Fame and Fortune brawled with Wrestling’s Most Wanted through the crowd. Meagan, who showed up at ringside while the chaos ensued, slipped some money in the refs pants to ring the bell.

And that’s what happened.

Every time Destiny tried to will herself back, Odessa Blake used her incredible power game to knock the wind out of the sails of Destiny Nicole and Erica showed more tag team cohesion, keeping Destiny down with a tag tandem offense. Destiny did catch one small break, she nailed a Destiny Cutter outta nowhere to put Nicole down. Erica hopped on the attack, she too was caught off guard with a Destiny Cutter. This left Odessa and Destiny as the two women left standing. Destiny urged Odessa to bring it on. As this was going on, Kendra and Hannah, spent from battling Fame and Fortune whatever the hell they were fighting, hopped on the ring apron.

Destiny managed to get the tag to Hannah. Hannah unloaded on Odessa with reckless abandon. Kendra tagged in. It was Mason’s girls turn to enjoy the three on on. Finding a second wind, Odessa clotheslines Kendra over the top rope. Then Hannah. Destiny tried a Destiny Cutter, that didn’t work at all. Odessa beat her chest wanting someone else to come at her, and they did...

... in the form of Alexander Midas. The referee called for the bell. Alexander tosses Odessa out the ring. They brawl through the crowd.

Winner: Suffrage by DQ.

Nicole and Erica were left three on two with Destiny and Wrestling’s Most Wanted... until Fame and Fortune came back where ever WMW left them. We possibly get a clue where Fame and Fortune were, not to far behind was the old F&F (Fabulous). Those two teams picked up where there backstage confrontation left off. Once again, a three on two standoff. Meagan yells at her girls to get out the ring. Nicole and Erica do as Megs says.

Shotgun ends with a battle tested Destiny and Wrestling’s Most Wanted standing tall.