Shotgun 08.21 (results)

randy

Shotgun 08.21 (results)

Post by randy » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:17 am

:5:.

.:4:.

.:3:.

.:2:.

The lights in the arena go black, the crowd being the only ambient noise around before “The Look” by Roxette hits! The crowd rise to their feet in cheers as Brittany Kayl steps out on top of the ramp. The spotlights shine on her as she looks around, a grateful smile on her face.

Robert E Lee: “Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome at this time… BRITTANY KAYL!”

She makes her way down the ramp, slapping the hands of some fans along the way. As she makes her entrance, the commentators talk about how close she came at Survival of the Fittest to becoming World Champion, only to have the fact that she entered first be her undoing. Once she’s in the ring, she takes a microphone and heads back to the middle of the ring. Looking out over the crowd, she smiles as they begin to chant… “KAY-L, KAY-L, KAY-L!”

Kayl: “Thanks…”

She smiles as the chants move to cheers.

Kayl: “I really don’t deserve this, but thank you just the same.”

Brittany sighs as she looks out over the crowd.

Kayl: “You know, I had such grand designs. This time was going to be a time to celebrate. After nearly six years with GCW, this was going to be my crowning glory… the beginning of my GCW World Championship reign. But, as you saw at Survival of the Fittest, lady luck simply wasn’t on my side. I’ve already said a lot about that night, and there’s probably more to be said by other people… but tonight isn’t about what lays in the past. Tonight we look ahead to the future.”

She looks around the crowd, nodding her head.

Kayl: “Later on tonight, I’m facing Mark O’Brien. From there, I’m going step by step. I’m going to go through whoever I have to… overcome whatever obstacle gets in my way… until I step up again and challenge for the GCW World Championship. And WHEN… not if… WHEN I get that shot… come here…”

Brittany motions for the cameraman on the apron to get closer to her. The camera zooms in…

Kayl: “Aubrianna… when I get that shot, not even lady luck is going to be able to stop me. I WILL BECOME CHAMPION! Mark my words.”

With that, she drops the mic and throws her arms in the air. Her music plays as Brittany exits the ring...

==

Jody Rainer & Donald "Hot & Spicy" McChicken vs Tyson Kenneth O'Reilly & Elsa Belladonna

Before the bell officially rang, Jody Rainer looked at his tag team partner for the night. He shook his head, then started to leave. TKO for some ungodly reason went after Jody, offended he would walk away from the fight. TKO got a kick in the groin for his troubles. Also got a DDT for his troubles. Dragged up the ramp to the back not to be seen again. This left Elsa and Donald in the ring shocked by what happened. Unsure what to do, the referee (Shawn Pack) went over to the timekeepers table. The time keeper put on a headset, someone from the back gave him instructions to tell the referee. Shawn Pack headed back to the ring. Robert E Lee (the ring announcer) was given word what to announce.

Robert E Lee: Due to Jody and Tyson Kenneth O’Reily absence, this is now a singles match between Elsa Belladonna and Donald “Hot & Spicy” McChicken.

Donald "Hot & Spicy" McChicken vs Elsa Belladonna

Donald, in awe of Elsa’s beauty, didn’t try to fight her. It looked like he was trying to put the moves on her. Not coming to the ring for social hour, Elsa kicked him in the gut, doubled him over, Deadly Nightshade (Hammerlock DDT). And that was all she wrote. Shawn Pack counted the one-two-three.

Winner: Elsa Belladonna.

Shawn Pack raised her arm in the air. Elsa looked baffled by Donald’s behavior. Also, likely, the strange way the scheduled tag team match turned into what it just did.

==

Voice: “She has been called one of the most highly sought after free agents on the open market…”

A scene of Mariah posing on a stage can be seen.

Voice: “With beauty queen good looks, charisma to lead a nation, and more talent than should be legally-allowed on the open market, she stands uniquely poised to make an immediate impact on the wrestling scene.”

Mariah can be seen at photoshoots, on red carpets, and working in the gym.

Voice: “Now, in 2020, she brings her generational talent to Global Championship Wrestling Shotgun!”

The black and white shots of Mariah flash on the screen, with Mariah being the only part of it in colour. She emerges from the still images, looking to the camera.

Mariah: “It’s time you experience a better class of bombshell. See you soon.”

With a wink, the pink text illuminates on the screen, declaring…

COMING IN 2020… MARIAH!

==

Bella Downing vs The Enigma
The sometimes goofy, pleasant Bella was NOT in a good mood for obvious reasons. Been a month more or less since Survival of the Fittest. Her loss. The Sovereign screwing over Minerva, unfortunately for The Enigma, Bella came straight out the gate looking to send a message, The Enigma did pepper some offense in, clearly it wasn’t enough. She delivered a defiant Belladonna Poison Arrow that knocked The Enigma out cold. Covered her for the one-two-three.

Winner: Bella Downing.

The referee checked on The Enigma. Bella left the ring chose not to do any further damage. No one could question whether she was ready for War Games now.

==

(Backstage we see Jessica Lasiewicz, one half of the GCW World Tag Team Champions, stretching in preparation for the upcoming champions showcase. She is interrupted when her tag team partner, the other half of the GCW World Tag Team Champions Summer Collins, steps into view. A grin is on Summer’s face.)

Summer: Jess! I have good news!

(The Archangel pushes herself up off the floor and folds her arms over her chest.)

Jessica: I could use some good news.

Summer: My attorneys have secured all copyrights and trademarks to the name Fame & Fortune. The name that we inherited from the original Fame & Fortune, your mother Angelica Jones and my sister-in-law Meagan Collins, the name and banner that we fought under, the flag that we won the first of our tag team titles with, the name that Geneva and Rosa tried to steal from us, it is now legally ours.

(Lasiewicz sighs. She shows little to no emotion.)

Jessica: Great...wonderful.

Summer: What’s wrong, Jess? I thought this is something we both have wanted for quite some time. I thought this was something we wanted ever since Geneva and Rosa started using that name without our permission.

Jessica: It is, but Summer we really shouldn’t focus on the past and those two are in the past. We took the tag team championship from them and now it’s our turn to defend them and unless you didn’t notice, we almost lost them at Survival of the Fittest to a team that had already wrestled previously in the gauntlet. They were winded and we should have blown them out of the water.

(She pats Summer on the chest.)

Jessica: You and I need to work harder.

Summer: Fair enough. I have to ask, though, do you want to use the Fame & Fortune name now or continue using Fabulous?

Jessica: Honestly? It doesn’t matter at this point. All I care about is getting THIS TEAM of you and me back on track.

Summer: Well even if we do not use it, we still make money off of the name Fame & Fortune, which is good. But are YOU ready for taking on Brooklyn and Kayla tonight?

(Lasiewicz nods her head.)

Jessica: You do not have to ask me, Summer. I am always ready to take on anyone, even if that person is my family. I will fight my aunt Kayla. I just hope my aunt Kayla decides to fight back. I hope she does not choose to walk away from Brooklyn. This should not turn into a handicap match, us against Brooklyn.

(Collins places a hand on Jessica’s shoulder.)

Summer: I know you feel that way, Jess, but also remember that this sport is about winning. You know that any other team would take advantage of the numbers game if the tables were turned. If Kayla does walk away, we need to put Brooklyn Smith down because she is good, she is dangerous, and we cannot afford to let her humiliate us.

Jessica: I know…

(The scene shifts.)

=

Katrina Lopez vs Princess Nava Farrin

“Mausam & Escape” by AR Rahman continues to play as Katrina Lopez paces the ring back and forth. After a moment she goes between the ropes to the floor and grabs a microphone.

Katrina: Cut her music off. Cut it!

The crowd gives Katrina a mixed reaction to yelling at production as she begins to pace along the side of the ring with the microphone and her hands at her hips. She stops and brings the mic up to her lips as she takes a seat on the apron.

Katrina: If you’ve come to see Princess Nava and I wrestle then now you know. Tabitha Silverstone called her bluff when Nava said she wasn’t going to show up for this show as a result of what happened in the chamber. Looks to me like she’s not here. So not only has she wasted my time and yours, but our GM has wasted a spot on this show entirely by booking someone who doesn’t even want to be here.

The audience reacts with boos as Katrina slides under the bottom rope and walks over to the other side of the ring and leans against the top rope.

Katrina: I lost in that chamber, too. Do you all see me trying to claim some sort of conspiracy theory between Tabitha and Sovereign? No, I showed up here today to settle this once and for all with your favorite little Princess. But she’s not here and it pisses me off. No, don’t get me wrong. I’m not mad at her. She told us she wouldn’t be here. I’m mad that our GM couldn’t give me the match that I wanted. I’m mad that some people around here seem to just ask and they get what they want. Yeah, she gave me a chance to be in the chamber, but I had to earn that. There’s a certain entitlement around here. And let’s be honest, we all know it’s enabled by the woman at the top of this show. That doesn’t matter to me though. I’m not going to wait any longer. I’m going to create the opportunities that I want. I’m going to take what I want. I’m not going to let the restrictions placed on me by the general manager of this show stop me from doing what I want. You know what’s messed up about this show? Brittany Kayl fought her ass off in the chamber and she’s not fighting your champion tonight. You want to talk about someone who deserves a rematch? Where’s Minerva on the card tonight? Huh? People want to believe there’s injustices on this show, but it has nothing to do with Sovereign. They’re just four women flaunting their beauty and influence together. The real injustice lies in the hands of our general manager, Tabitha…

Katrina’s mouth keeps moving but her voice isn’t sounding through the arena anymore. The crowd starts to grow restless as Katrina tosses the microphone out on the floor in front of her and goes to exit the ring. Instead of leaving, she makes a beeline over and takes the microphone from the ring announcer.

Katrina: You can’t shut me up just by flipping a switch. There are people on this show who aren’t getting the opportunities they deserve because they aren’t the favorite children of the people at the top. Where is Miss America on this show? Where is D’Nae Moore? Where are the people who aren’t complaining but just fighting their asses off and proving that they are worthy instead of just getting ordained by…

Katrina’s mic is cut off again as security officials start to emerge on the stage and move down the ramp toward her. She jumps the barrier and starts to escape through the crowd. One security official grabs her from behind and she reverses out of it and hits a spinning kick that levels him as more security guards start to come over the barrier after her. Katrina turns and runs through to the back as the crowd roars in approval of her actions.

Winner: Katrina Lopez by forfeit.

==

(The lights dim as several spotlights shine down upon the entrance ramp. The opening chords of "Killer Queen" begins to play over the PA system.)

She keeps Moët et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake,' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

(The lights all come on. Pyro goes off. The tron flashes to life and the words "Her Royal Majesty" appears on the tron. Then Julia Braddock steps out onto the stage decked out in one of her finest, cutest dresses and high heeled shoes. She really does look like a million bucks, especially when you consider the tiara that adorns her head. She doesn’t look very happy though. A much more serious, stoic gaze is etched across her face. Her manager, Mason Van Stanton, emerges next to her in a dapper suit smirking arrogantly as he applauds his client.)

Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

(Ignoring the fan reaction, Chastity strolls ever so confidently and arrogantly down the ramp towards the ring, not bothering to pay attention to any of the fans at ringside along the way. Mason Van Stanton follows her closely behind.)

Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?

(Chastity slowly ascends the steel steps and then steps up onto the ring apron. Mason Van Stanton holds the ropes open for his client.)

To avoid complications
She never kept the same address
In conversation
She spoke just like a baroness
Met a man from China
Went down to Geisha Minah
Then again incidentally
If you're that way inclined

Perfume came naturally from Paris
For cars she couldn't care less
Fastidious and precise

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

(Chastity steps to the center of the ring and Chastity retrieves a microphone.)

Chastity: Do we owe you an explanation?

(A loud roar from the fans seems to indicate an affirmative. Noel shakes her head.)

Chastity: I do not owe any of you a damn thing.

(The crowd boos loudly. Chastity points to Mason.)

Chastity: This man is the only individual whom I owe anything to. I owe it to him for opening my eyes and helping me to embrace the fact that I am royalty, I owe it to him to making me realize that being humble is unnecessary. It is a privilege for you little people to be in my presence, the presence of greatness and Mason realizes that having me as a client required a great deal of sacrifice, including his own wife.

(She passes the microphone off to Mason Van Stanton.)

Mason: I guess I should address my wife Destiny. Funny, I decide to shove you off the top of hell in a cell at Survival of the Fittest and suddenly you start to actually win matches. You made it as far as the finals of the International Title Contender’s Tournament before being eliminated by Kelsai Adamson-Mason. Perhaps what I did lit a fire under your lazy, pathetic little ass? If so, you’re welcome.

(The crowd boos loudly.)

Mason: Destiny, you can cry about what happened all you want but the truth of the matter is that YOU are at fault. YOU brought all of this upon yourself because YOU had to go and stir the spot. You and I had a nice thing going until you decided to stir up shit. Now I’m sure the people don’t know what I’m talking about but you should, though your memory may be lacking, so allow to me to kickstart that puny little brain of yours.

(He holds up two fingers.)

Mason: We have been married for two years. But the public only knew about it for a year and a half. Those first six months was preparation and planning. We both knew what we wanted and we had agreed on a plan of attack. We wanted to bring down the Braddock family and we were going to begin with taking out Julia Braddock. She ruined my life! I offered her the world on a silver platter and she rejected me! So I had no choice but to exact my revenge and you, Destiny, you were all in. What I had offered Julia Braddock was supposed to be yours. I was going to make you my new queen. But that wasn’t enough, was it?

(Van Stanton shakes his head.)

Mason: You couldn’t stick to the plan. You had to have a match against Julia, even though a match was never in the plans. But I obliged, I helped make it happen and at For Glory & Gold 2018 you defeated Julia Braddock and as a result of the victory Julia Braddock forcibly became my client. That was never part of the plan. It became part of the plan because of your selfish desire to somehow prove you were better than Julia Braddock. You wanted to shame and humiliate Julia Braddock. Therein lies how you sowed the seeds of your own destruction, Destiny. The original plan, had we stuck to it, would have allowed you to prove yourself better than the Braddock family when I guided you to the GCW World Championship...which I did by the way, you are welcome for that one...but that wasn’t enough. You had to humiliate them, Julia specifically, by bringing her into the fold. What you forgot is that I had wanted Julia Braddock all along. She was the one who I had wanted from the start but I had given up any hope of ever working with her again.

(He chuckles.)

Mason: But it was YOU, Destiny, who gave me what I wanted. You gave me the services of Julia Braddock. From there it was child’s play to peel back the outer layer and expose to the world the TRUE version of Julia Braddock whom I knew existed, this lovely creature standing before you now known as Chastity Noel. You gave her to me, Destiny. You gave me what I wanted. So now that I have what I really and truly want, what do I need you for?

(He shakes his head.)

Mason: The short answer is, I do not need you anymore.

(The crowd boos as he passes the microphone off to Chastity.)

Chastity: Mason speaks of myself and Julia Braddock as the same person but make no mistake about it we are entirely different people. Julia believed humility is a virtue and she always allowed others who were not as good as her to walk all over her. Look into my eyes and know that I will never allow anyone who is inferior to me to go on thinking that they are better than me. I will never allow anyone to walk over me. That is a lesson I learned from my Mother, Aphrodite Noel. She taught me that I should be proud of who I am and what I can do. I should shove it in everyone’s face and make them all worship the very ground I walk on. I only consider two people walking this planet an equal; Aphrodite and my sister Glory.

(She smirks knowingly.)

Chastity: Glory has learned Mother’s lessons just as well as I have, though she prefers to pretend to be a humble little hero. Trust me, though, my sister is on the same level as me, both mentally and physically. But you, Destiny, you are nowhere near my league.

(She passes the microphone back to Mason.)

Mason: Destiny, remember when I told Chastity that she would never be allowed to challenge for the world or global titles so long as you were around? I said that in hopes that it would spark something within her, that it would light a fire under her, and while it took almost a year I can happily say that it did happen. The day Julia decided to embrace her true identity of Chastity Noel was the same day we decided that no longer would she be forced to sit back and be your lackey. Because my queen is right, she is better than you in every way. I do not need you anymore, Destiny, and I do not want you, therefore now hear this you little bitch…I WANT A DIVORCE!

(He drops the mic as he and Chastity walk off.)

==

Kat Kelly and Chanel Hunter vs The Soviet Gingers.

The Sovereign did not take The Soviet Gingers seriously. That much was evident. Kat and Chanel were far too lax. The Soviets made them pay for this in the beginning. They managed to get some decent offense in. Then Kat and Chanel flipped the switch, amping up the aggressive times ten. Chanel dropped Anatasia with Disasterpiece. Kat kicked Karina’s head off with the
#SuperkickSoiree. For added emphasis, Chanel and Kat Kelly covered there respective fallen gingers for the undisputed win.

Winners: The Sovereign.

==

Kellen: You know, it has been a very long time since I have been able to say this, but it would seem that the entire world of professional wrestling is talking about me. But then again, give anyone and everyone an opportunity to become a world champion in one match, and all of the sudden everyone wants to talk about you.

Sitting there in his locker room on the end of a row of benches, Kellen Jeffries and his wife Amber Jeffries are the only two around with Amber running the camera. This makes the room very quiet, good for someone who is trying to gather his thoughts, as Kellen is trying to do right now.

Kellen: I have to tell all of you, you fans, that I have been a little surprised at the fact that it is not for the most part positive. Now don’t get me wrong, alright? There have been a significant number of positive things said by other people than negative. Still though, there are even some fans, maybe you are one of them who are upset with me for what I did two weeks ago. Like some of you are actually really believing all of her bullshit, but honestly that is alright because everyone has a right to their opinion.

From behind the camera we can here Amber.

Amber: Like if you get hurt because people are being stupid, then I am totes going to own somebody’s butt.

Kellen: Relax babe, no one is going to hurt me!

Amber: AS IF!!! What about all of those people were totes trying to throw something at you outside of the building in Philadelphia.

Kellen: Crowds in Philadelphia are special like I have told you before. I will not get hurt. Everything surrounding all of this should die down some in just a few more days. Then, barely anyone will remember that I made a match for the SCW World Championship for everyone in wrestling.

Amber: Like you would think that people would be totes thankful and stuff!

Kellen: I admit, that is what I thought to at first, but I can understand why people might not like things being done in such a fashion. To them, I can only say that I wanted to give back a little bit wrestling kind of gave me a second chance, and if they don’t like, that is fine. Either way, they are going to have to except it. I couldn’t even change my mind now if I tried, because the contract has already been signed so this is official.

Enough about what is going to be going on in SCW in a couple of weeks, because tonight is the night we are talking about now, and tonight I will be competing in front a capacity crowd here in Miami, a place that there was a time in my career that I used to think of as my second home.

At this point, Kellen interrupted by a knock on the door which Amber goes to answer in walks GCW interviewer Dexter Russel, a good friend, and the fiancé of Aubrianna Powers, GCW World Champion.

Amber: Hey Dexter, like I thought that you would be with Aubrianna getting ready?

Dexter: Nah, you know your best friend. When she is getting ready to defend her belt, she becomes very focused and for the most part doesn’t want anybody else around. So I have actually been sent here to do an interview with Kellen if that is ok?

Amber: Sure, come on in Dexter.

Dexter walks in with Amber and makes his way over to Kellen, still sitting on the benches, obviously deep in thought. Realizing that Dexter has walked in, Kellen stands up and shakes Dexter’s hand.

Kellen: How are you doing Dexter? How is Aubrianna?

Dexter: I am doing well, Aubrianna is getting focused right now thinking about the match with you a little bit later on. She takes defending her title very seriously, no matter who is her opponent Kellen.

Kellen: I am really glad that Aubrianna is taking defending against anyone so seriously Dexter, but it does not surprise me in the least. Aubrianna understands the importance, the value, what it means to be a World Champion, just like I do understand what it means to be a World Champion even though this is the first time in my career that I have wrestled for a World Championship in any promotion…

Dexter: Any promotion? You are a talented guy Kellen. A little rough around the edges, but you have been wrestling for quite some time now too.

Kellen: I started February 1st of 2007, so I have wrestled professionally for almost 13 years.

Dexter: 13 years and this is your first shot at a World Championship? I don’t understand how something like that happens Kellen, care to explain?

Kellen: There are a lot of people involved when a promotion decides who they are going to give an opportunity at their World Championship, so I have doubt that part of the reason that I have not received a shot before tonight is politics. I haven’t exactly been a very good person in the past as well you know, Dexter.

Dexter: People can always change too, Kellen, and just because someone doesn’t like you should not determine whether or not you receive an opportunity at your promotion’s top championship.

Kellen: Dexter, I really don’t think you understand what kind of man I was in my past. You might have heard about it in various circles in profession wrestling, but I have lived alright, and let me tell you, I was the lowest of the low. I would get on twitter and say that most obnoxious things just to see how upset and angry I could make people at me, and then I would laugh at people when I did.

Dexter: So, a lot of people in professional wrestling do despicable things and still receive World Championship shots, I still don’t understand why people should be so against you man?

Kellen: Dexter, just to give you an idea of what I am talking about, and please keep in mind what I am about to tell you is something I did that is actually not nearly as bad as some other things I have done alright?

Dexter: Go ahead…

Kellen: So, have you ever heard of the name Simon Lyman?

Dexter: I work in professional wrestling so yes.

Kellen: I used to be Simon’s brother-in-law and now Simon absolutely despises me and with good reason. I was married to Simon’s younger sister Lily, and for a while we were happy, but when I was younger it seemed that I could never be happy for too long. I got bored being married, and I wanted out, but the problem was I had married Broderick Chase’s daughter and Simon Lyman’s sister, so if I went ahead and just a divorce then the two of them were going to make sure that Lily was going to completely clean me out. I was determined that was not going to happen, and so I devised a plan where I had Michael Bauer, someone I knew with a less then sterling reputation, would attack me, after I paid him of course and he would put me into the hospital. Then I would pretend that I had amnesia and berate Lily pretending that I did not know her and demand from her that she gave me a divorce, or I would continue to make her life hell. Lily hung on for a while, she really loved me, but eventually she did give me a divorce and I abused her so bad emotionally that she was in a sanitarium for year, something else that when I was an asshole in another lifetime that I wore like a badge of honor, I was so foolish back then.

Understandably, Dexter is stunned

Dexter: And you said that this was not nearly as bad as some of the other things that you have done, right?

Kellen: Not even close to some of the horror stories my past life has authored unfortunately. Now, not only am I not proud of those things that I have done, but my past has come back to haunt me, because professional wrestling promotions have a certain image that they like to promo for the public and lets be honest Dexter, for a long time I was not that type of person.

Dexter: I see what you are getting at now, yes. But now things have changed?

Kellen: Yes, I am happy to say that I am not that man anymore, and if tonight’s card is any indication the people in GCW who make the decisions are taking notice.

Kellen pauses, getting a little choked up.

Kellen: Almost 13 years, and this is my shot. I don’t think people realize how much this means to means…I don’t think I realized how much this means to me….

Amber comes and puts her arms around her husband without saying a word rubbing his back as Kellen continues.

Kellen: Aubrianna, I know that she cherishes the GCW World Championship Dexter….

Dexter: She does, yes.

Kellen: That’s why even though we are friends, Aubrianna is going to do everything she can to make sure that she keeps that title, and I wouldn’t want it any other way, because I am going to give her everything I have and all that I am as well. I am so damn proud to be competing for that championship tonight, it means that much to me, to compete for that title..

The GCW World Championship.

Good luck to Aubrianna, I promise to give her everything that I have. Not many people are giving me a chance, but I promise to give you a fight even if you are my friend.

I am coming for that Championship Aubrianna, and may the best wrestler win

==

Brittany Kayl vs Mark O’Brian

Brittany Kayl came out the gate aggressive, she overwhelmed Mark. You can beat up what you can’t catch, Britt made sure to be as uncatchable as possible, there did come a point in the match where Mark did catch her. He claimed the momentum by catching Britt mid arm, connecting with a running powerslam. From there he kept it basic. He tossed her around, focused on her back. Britt caught him with quick strikes a few time to give herself breathing room, the powerhouse of Total War wasn’t having it. Towards the end, Mark thought it would be a great idea to go to the top rope, vintage Mark wasn’t thinking. When Britt moved out of the way, she took advantage, locking in Shark Week (heel hook). Try as Mark did, Britt really had it locked in to the point where he was forced to tap out.

Winner: Brittany Kayl.

The fans erupted over the hard fought victory. Britt did reach for her back, knowing the fight with Mark wasn’t easy. It’s one step closer to getting back in the World Title hunt.

==

(Backstage we find GCW journalist Dexter Russell standing next to the GCW Heritage Champion Kayla Jones.)

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen please welcome my guest at this time, she is the reigning GCW Heritage Champion who barely escaped Survival of the Fittest with her championship, Kayla Jones.

(Jones rolls her eyes.)

Kayla: I resent that, Dexter.

Dexter: It is true, though. You had your sister come in and intentionally get you disqualified which meant you retained the championship. Brooklyn was gonna…

Kayla: Hold it right there. Were you going to say that Brooklyn was going to say? Because that is an assumption, not fact. You journalists are supposed to deal in fact, Dexter. Do not make me tell you how to do your job because I have a big enough job of my own to do and that is to continue making this Heritage Championship great and continue giving GCW what it needs, it needs more Kayla.

(Angelica steps into view.)

Kayla: But if poor little Brooklyn is upset about what my sister did, then she is more than welcome to take it up with her. Brooklyn whined about me not defending my title, what about her? Shouldn’t she defend her X Division Title against my mean old sister?

(Angelica smirks confidently.)

Dexter: That would be up for Brooklyn to decide. But tonight you are teaming with Brooklyn to take on the tag team champions, Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins. Now there was some questions raised as to whether you would participate in this match. Will you?

Kayla: Of course I will, because Shotgun does need more Kayla and this match needs my star power as well. But I want to make it known that I am participating under protest. I do not want to fight my family, I do not want to have to fight my sweet niece Jessica.

Dexter: She seems to have no problems fighting you.

Kayla: This interview is over, Dexter.

(Kayla and Angelica turn and walk away.)

==

Champions Showcase:
Fabolous (World Tag Team Champions vs Kayla Jones (Heritage Champion) & Brooklyn Smith (X-Division Champion)

It was obvious Kayla Jones did not want any part of this match. She did everything in her power to avoid Brooklyn wanting to tag her in. At first, Brooklyn did hold her own. The TAG team champions did keep it pretty clean. Brooklyn and Jessica, good friends, enjoyed a nice bout of chain wrestling. Having a good time for the most part. Summer brought it a little more. With Summer in the ring, Kayla stepped in the ring acting like she was going to help Brooklyn, instead, clotheslined her in the back of the head, knocking her down to the mat. Summer simply glared at Kayla. She reluctantly took advantage of Kayla’s assist. The double teaming began. Brooklyn kicked out of several near falls. With Summer in the ring, she tried a powerbomb. Brooklyn countered with a facebuster. Kayla reached out for the tag, Brooklyn wanted no part of it, to which Kayla stepped inside the ring to drag Brooklyn to her corner. Brooklyn smacked Kayla in the face. Kayla pushed Brooklyn into Summer who dropped Brooklyn with the Stock Market Crash. Before Summer could cover, Kayla dropped Summer with the Kaylan Wind. Kayla dragged Brooklyn to her corner, tagged herself in. Went for the cover. Jessica broke up the count at two. Kayla acted surprised her own niece would break up the count. There was tension in the air. Neither of them came to blows. Jessica had to go back to her tag corner. Brooklyn had recovered enough to kick Kayla in the mid section, then to the shock of many put Kayla down with a Jones family signature, the pedigree. Was this a message to Angelica Jones?

Perhaps. Brooklyn left the ring. Summer crawled over to Kayla, laid her arm across her chest. With that, one half of the tag team champions pinned The Heritage Champion, albeit due to the clear dissolution between the singles champions.

Winners: Fabulous.

Jessica joined Summer to celebrate their victory. As Brooklyn walked to the back, #MooreAmerica walked out. D’Nae Moore and Miss America mockingly clap. Jessica and Summer implure #MooreAmerica to come down to the ring. They shake their heads. Now is not the time. Both women walk to the back leaving the World Tag Team Champions to celebrate their victory with the cheering fans.

==

“I Am The Very Best…”

“I Am The Absolute Best…”

“…and I am the Sexiest of them all!”

(After those words are uttered, “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake starts to play. Aubrianna Powers steps out onto the stage, met with loud booing from the fans. She has the GCW World Championship title belt wrapped around her waist. She smirks smugly as she confidently strides towards the ring. Aubrianna steps up onto the ring apron and strikes a sexy sultry pose which draws a few cheers from the male contingent, despite the women who continue to boo. Aubrianna then steps through the ropes and approaches the center where she poses again. The music dies down and she retrieves a microphone.)

Aubrianna: There are so many people out there who are just gimmicks. They have a catchphrase, a move, a cute logo, or something that gets them “over”...whatever...and that’s really all they are, just a gimmick. Now many of you may have thought that I was just a gimmick. And I can understand why you would think that, considering I do have hashtags galore on social media. The Most Valuable Powers, The MVP of GCW, The MVP of Underground, The MVP of The Sovereign. Simply The Best. My brothers were the same way when they competed. Steve would call himself The Very Best and then flash that idiotic smile of his.

(She rolls her eyes.)

Aubrianna: Yeah, it’s annoying. Same with Derek, he called himself The Absolute Best. So I can understand how you may think that I am just another gimmick. Honestly, though, everything I say has been backed up by my actions. I told you that my victory for the International Title was not a fluke and I proved it by going sixty minutes against Timothy Myers. Then I went on to prove myself again by becoming GCW Global Champion inside the elimination chamber. From there I would hold the HKW Tapout Championship for damn near an entire year. And if that still wasn’t enough evidence?

(She chuckles as she pats the GCW World Championship belt around her waist.)

Aubrianna: At Survival of the Fittest, one year to the day after winning the GCW Global Title inside an elimination chamber, I became the GCW World Champion inside another elimination chamber match, becoming one of an elite few to have held both the GCW World and GCW Global Titles. So it is not a gimmick when I say that I am The MVP, it is pure and simply fact.

(The crowd boos loudly but Powers shakes her head.)

Aubrianna: Boo me all you want but you know it is true. I brought the GCW World Championship back to where it belongs...within The Sovereign, because me and Chantelle and Chanel and Kat, we are Simply The Best there is in all of GCW. No Princess Killer can stop us, no Fix is in can change that, and no, Kellen Jeffries cannot stop that either.

(Powers smirks.)

Aubrianna: No offense, Kellen, you know your wife and I are BFFs forever! But tonight you’re coming for what is mine and I just can't let that happen. You are going to find out first hand why I am truly The MVP of GCW and why I am the World Champion.
==

World Championship Match
Kellen Jeffries vs Aubriana Powers (champion)

No one is on a bigger high than Aubriana Powers. She is the current World Champion. In high profile matches no matter what company she steps in. And then you have Kellen Jeffries, the man who has shocked the wrestling world due to his antics in a rival company. Who would bend first?

Aubrey held the World Championship in front of Kellen, mockingly, as if telling him this is the closest he is going to get to become a World Champion. Kellen smacked Aubrey for her cockiness/arrogance. This infuriated the MVP of every wrestling company she walks into, she tried to smack Kellen back. He blocked it. He pushed her to the mat. She didn’t take too kindly to this at all. Aubrey stopped the mocking and got straight to business. The match from that point forward was hard hitting. A true delight for the Global Championship Wrestling audience. At one juncture, Aubrey did take off the turnbuckle padding. She tried to direct Kellen into it, he reversed, elevating Aubrey so her head smacked into the unprotected part. He dropped Aubrey with a Stunner, normally the Stunner does finish off Kellen’s opponents, Aubrey had the ring awareness to roll out the ring, denying Kellen of a possible chance to become World Champion. He followed her to the outside, getting her back in the ring, he slid back in, he bent down to pick her up.

Poke. To. The. Eye. That’s all it took. Next thing Kellen knew, he was kicked this ways from Sunday with the MVP kick. Quickly followed up by Simply The Best Moonsault to complete The Powers That Be combination of moves. One, two, three, that is one less World Championship Kellen has the chance to win.

Winner: (AND STILL) World Champion, Aubrianna Powers.

Aubrianna wasn’t content to celebrate. She wanted to send a message. She mounted Kellen, started reigning blows. Bella rushed down to the ring to get her a piece of Aubrey. She pulled the World Champion off Kellen, predictably Chantelle, Kat and Chanel appearance, what neither of them expected was Scream Machine to jump the barricade to join the party. Sio paired off with Kat’s. Mara took it to Chantelle. Bella and Chanel renewed their rivalry. This left a recovered Kellen to try to gain some retribution on Aubrianna for the cheap shot.. Aubrianna tried her best to get away to no real success. It took an army of referees to shoot down to the ring to break up the action before it could escalate further. The crowd let the referees know how they felt, “Let them fight. Let them fight.”

All of a sudden the lights go out. The titan tron comes alive. On the titantron there is a cardboard cut out of Aubriana Powers in an unknown, destitute location. In an instant, the cardboard cut out erupts in flames. The only light inside the arena that is visible is the one hovering over the ring, Aubrianna Power stands, staring at her cardboard cutout burning. Minerva’s maniac laugh can be heard pulsing through the loud speaker. Aubrianna looks applaud by all this. The crowd doesn’t know what to make of this either, clearly, a message was sent, that Aubriana’s reign as champion is going to go down in a blaze, unlikely with any real glory if Minerva gets her way, and with that, Shotgun fades to black.