Livewire 9.02

admin
Site Admin

Livewire 9.02

Post by admin » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Livewire - January 19, 2020 (Dunkin' Donuts Center, Providence, RI)

The crowd is about 250 feet inside of the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island and starting to file in but many people are stopping along the way two their seats, ready to watch an exciting show for GCW Livewire. While there was not any scheduled pre-show entertainment, a large crowd is forming in the entrance with people lined up almost back to the door with fans getting pictures and autographs. As the cameras becomes closer, we are able to see what causing such a commotion, and it is none other than Kelsai Adamson-Mason.

Noticing the camera close to her now, Kelsai smiles her trademark thousand-watt smile and waves to the camera among the throng of fans.

Kelsai: Come on everyone, GCW Livewire is start now!

Going back to the crowd, smiling, posing, and signing for the adoring masses that are continuing to grow by the minute the scene fading to the inside of the arena to begin the action…

('Sleeping Giants’ by Hyro Da Hero begins to play.)

Forget the cops, I hate the world, I hate the people in it,
Hate that ignorant mess you love hearing,

This that dose of reality you fearin’
Hope I’m buried yes but can you pass the test

Recycle thoughts recycle dreams we’re not satisfied
We chase after the same thing

We hold us back we’re fighting us
And when we scream we silence us.

So we all make a deal with the devil,
because negativity is perceived to be better,

We never…to resist …so it’s routine
so we pretend that we ..in our teams

and ..to live like .. open up your eye realize what you are on the inside

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

Let my words be the bullet heard throughout the chaos,
Let my message sink into your brain and never fade out.

The world spins and spins and never changes up,
We are people of pattern and I’ma shake it up

We just dance and laugh like what’s up, what’s up
Shut the f*ck up, get up your butt and do something

In war, start a war, fight the peace,lie to me,
Stop runnin around so silently

‘cause I’m gonna be what I was designed to be and
That’s the voice, a voice of youth, a voice of truth,

A voice for you , a real voice that AINT MOTHERF*CKING AUTO TUNED!!!

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

The GCW logo flashes upon the screen.

Knightfall IN ACTION
[The opponents were a local team, brothers, known as Jake and Dan Berrella. Jake and Dan did not fare too well as John and Chris, with their new attitude, absolutely destroyed them. Jake and Dan got no offense in and Knightfall picked up the easy win.]
WINNERS: Knightfall

Backstage…

The scene opens up. Hugo Magnussen and Bash Kincade - the tandem known as the Rising Tide - can be seen exiting an unmarked office. As they walk in the opposite direction, the camera and interviewer Janice King rush over. Janice stops in front of the camera.

King: “This is Janice King, GCW’s ONLY Hall of Fame Reporter, backstage here trying to get a word with The Rising Tide! Hugo… Bash… you boys got a minute?”

The two men stop, looking to each other. They mutter something uncaught by the cameras before turning over to her.

King: “What was your business in the offices there?”

Bash chuckles.

Kincade: “You think because you stick a microphone in front of our faces, we’re gonna spill all our secrets out?”

King: “Yes.”

There is an awkward silence. The two men confer with one another again before facing her.

Magnussen: “Well, at least you are honest about it.”

Kincade: “We just wanted to convey to management that we would do whatever is necessary to become number one contenders for them Global Tag straps. See, me and Hugo here… we went out two weeks ago and beat the McBrides and Scream Machine. Now, you may be seein’ on Twitter the LIE that we “can’t” beat Mara and Siouxsie straight up, so if that’s what we need to do to get our shot at HERstory Makers and the gold, then so be it. We’d be happy to do that. These matches against puff teams like tonight? They’re a delay of the inevitable.”

King: “Are you challenging Scream Machine?”

Magnussen: “I believe the challenge was issued long ago… we’ve been willing to face them in a proper tag team contest since they were Champions.”

Kincade: “And they spent their time DUCKIN’ us! They run their mouths about bein’ fighters, but when a fight steps to their door? We ain’t goin’ away. We ain’t gonna be scared off by some tough talk.”

Magnussen: “In the end, Janice, we will be Champions. And we will go through anyone to get there.”

Kincade: “The Tide is Rising!”

With that, Hugo and Bash turn and walk away. Janice calls out after them.

King: “Hey! I had more questions! Come back here!”

She marches off after them as the scene cuts away.

[The scene cuts backstage to the locker room area where we see the International Championship draped in one of the stalls. The camera pans back and we can see it's holder, Dustin Adams, getting himself prepared for the main event tonight as he defends his belt against Cataline Hererra, the one he beat for the title at SOTF. He’s lacing his boots and checking his tape after a few moments, we see his friend and tag partner, Andrew Raynes, enter the picture to a chorus of boos. He looks confident himself, preparing to be named the number one contender to the Global Heavyweight Championship after successfully beating and crippling Timmy Myers in a Seven Stages of Hell match. Dustin finishes lacing up his boots and looks over at ANdrew.]

Andrew: You ready big guy?

[Dustin scoffs]

Dustin: Nothing i haven’t already dealt with. Beating Catalina will just mean one less person that’s gonna try and take this from me.

Andrew: UNless you wanna throw her through a table as well.

[Andrew chuckles as Dustin doesn’t look impressed.]

Dustin: Kelsai had that coming for a long time, she deserves to get punished the way i destroyed her at the end of the year bash. The kid doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a championship with the way she conducts herself. It's the hope that it teaches her a lesson about ignoralty trying to accomplish something thats way out of her league.

Andrew: It’s gonna be hard to find someone who can take that from you.

Dustin: Indeed, how are you feeling?

Andrew: I”m great, beating and crippling Timmy was a huge hump for me to get over. COnsidering the many times I have come close to being a top contender for the world title I end up getting fucked over. Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if some other whiny little bitch got picked by Francis to face Lenore, just another obstacle in my way.

Dustin: What are you gonna do if she doesn’t name you?

Andrew: Win fucking Civil War and put both champs on their toes! I am not going to be denied at this point, I have come too far in my evolution to let the clowns here take what is mine. I mean, who else can she actually name as the #1 contender? Everyone here seems to just want to hold the belt like it's a toy, no one gives a shit for what it means to be champion, let alone world champion. Lenore wants to tout herself as superior but really, anyone could have beaten Vessey at the Bash, he’s a fucking bitch pushover. Chantelle isn’t going to come close to being named contender, she’s too into herself and begging everyone she can find to look at her, fucking stupid. I’m the one who;s gone out there and put the boots to asses and delivered on the hate I have promised. These clowns think they are entitled to a world title opportunity when they don't do anything to actually earn it. When I get named number one contender, Lenore is gonna be put on notice and find out what a real challenger looks like and someone who has his eyes firmly locked in on the prize.

Dustin: You’ve got this, there;s ntohing that is going to stop us from being the ones who run Livewire. We’ve dominated this company since we’ve arrived and me taking the INternational Title for myself speaks to that. Soon, we’ll become tag team champions again as I have been thinking about what we’re gonna do with the case of mine.

[Andrew smirks, knowing that the brotherhood is close to being in full control on Livewire. The two of them have been a force since arriving and have done nothing but dominate from day one, regardless of what has happened.]

Andrew: You just focus on keeping that title tonight, we have the chance to walk into Resurrection with a lot of gold over our shoulders and we don’t need to be slipping at any point right now. Everything is within our grasp and soon, we will be on top of the world here! Show these clowns who they really need to have their eyes on.

Dustin: You said it, brother.

[They pound fists and Dustin grabs his Championship as they walk off camera.]

The Rising Tide IN ACTION
[Local talent Kenneth Ripley and Johnny Connor did not stand much of a chance against Bash and Hugo. After a brief period of powerhouse attacks from The Rising Tide, Hugo and Bash mercifully ended it quick with a Riptide on Kenneth for the 1...2...3!]
WINNERS: The Rising Tide

“Lenore Price-Mason…”

The screen fades in from black to show the painted visage of Ba’al, who wears his skull face paint that was debuted at the End Of Year Bash. He doesn’t wear his papal attire however, but his regular ring gear and a less decorative robe over the top. He sits backwards on a fold up chair with his arms across the backrest, one arm bent at the elbow to prop up his head.

Ba’al: “I believe I would be relatively safe in my assumption that people will be expecting me to levy criticism your way, my dear Lenore, simply by the virtue that we are booked to face off against one another this week for the ‘delight’ of Livewire’s fan base. Would that not be a, broadly speaking at least, accurate assessment of the situation? Is that not the convention, after all; wrestler A and wrestler B are booked to face off, wrestler A takes their turn to dress down wrestler B and wrestler B has their own chance of rebuttal, so on and so forth until such time as the match happens or the argument is ended… such a simplistic analogy, yet a perfect example of how simplistic our industry actually is, wouldn’t you agree, Lenore?”

Ba’al lowers the hand that was framing his face and folds his arms across one another on the back of the chair.

Ba’al: “I find it indicative of our audience that they expect such open hostility to be a fundamental part of our business. And admittedly, as you will be aware, my dear, in any business one must have a certain level of aggression in order to achieve their aims or goals, and in that respect the business of professional wrestling is no different… but is the nature OF our industry not aggressive enough on it’s own without requiring us to bicker and squabble like school children before any such match which takes place? When that bell rings later this evening, Lenore and myself shall be attempting to, what is the saying the impure filth use? Ah yes, stomp a mudhole in one another. That is the base state of affairs in this business, two competitors attempting to subdue the other in order to gain a victory. Is that not violent enough already to satisfy the bloodlust of our piteous audience?”

Ba’al sighs, shaking his head in disappointment.

Ba’al: “So as I sit here, you will not find me stooping to any such level that would appease the unwashed masses in attendance tonight… I shall not belittle my own standards and besmirch my own reputation to become that person, who lives for the cheap point scoring. Low hanging fruit may be easy to grab but it tastes far more bitter than that which is out of reach…”

Ba’al pauses to brush some lint from the sleeve of his jacket before returning his attention to the camera before him.

Ba’al: “Instead, let us talk about a clash of champions, befitting the concept of this very match, a champions showcase: Global Heavyweight Champion versus North American champion, Lenore Price-Mason of HERstory Makers versus Ba’al of Sinistry. A clash so monumental that I feel it a crying shame that we are not the main event of the evening, but unfortunately I cannot force Francis Taylor to recognise what is best for business, just as I cannot force our simplistic fanbase to see what true greatness presents itself as. But answer me this, my friends… how can any match be more deserving of Main Event status than the top tier champion facing off with the man whom brought victory back to Livewire for his team at Survival Of The Fittest? I believe my point is well made, no? Alas, here we are, having to settle for the penultimate match on the bill and a knowledge that we are deserving of better…”

Ba’al takes a moment to compose himself before finally bringing his video to a close.

Ba’al: “And now you are cognizant of my feelings, Ms. Price-Mason. You are aware of my thoughts about this match, about you as an athlete and person and my approach to things… my only question now, is how you as champion and fellow bastian of Livewire - you as Global Champion and I as leader of Team Livewire - will approach things yourself. I hope I can give you the credit I believe you deserve, but we shall see. Irregardless, my dear, we shall see who is hungriest later tonight when we stand across from one another in that ring. Will it be the Blue Print… or the King Of Sin? An interresting question indeed… I eagerly await the answer…”

And with that, with a slither of a smile on the lips of the painted face of Ba’al, the feed cuts to static and the scene fades out.

(“Brand New Day” from Dr. Horrible’s Sing-A-Long Blog begins to play. Francis Taylor steps out onto the stage to a modest cheer from the fans. She politely and diplomatically waves at them before making her way down the ramp towards the ring. At the bottom of the ramp she steps up the steel steps and onto the ring apron. She steps into the ring and heads to the center.)

Francis: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Livewire!

(The crowd roars loudly.)

Francis: First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you for being here tonight and I can promise you that tonight will be very special. I am going to begin with the news that each and every one of you want to know...just how, exactly, will the Livewire Brand steal the show at Civil War, because my brand, the Livewire Brand, consistently stolen the show each and every time GCW has an event and we will do so yet again with our brand new GCW Global Champion defending the title. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome LENORE PRICE-MASON!

A picture of the beautiful Lenore Price-Mason appears on the Tron in a business suit, she tilts her head and smiles….

A voice Over begins to speak as the video package begins to play showing scenes of the United States and all of its business and the people that work for Mason Corp.

A show of the Boston Skyline and then the Mason Corporation Building.

Corporate America.

The heart and the soul of this great nation of ours. It is right here that we create the foundation for this country, we are the reason you can live here in your nice homes, drive your fast cars and get the best education possible….

And it is people like Lenore Price-Mason that make it happen FOR YOU!

Lenore Price-Mason is shown wearing a business suit, interacting with several clients and nodding while shaking their hands, she then looks over at the camera and smiles.

We here at Mason Corp. provide you with the chance to live a better life, Quality of family values and the opportunity to live that American Dream without ever having to miss your sons soccer game, your daughter’s recital or the Dogs grooming appointment at 3 o’clock.

Yes Mason Corp is here for you providing Quality of Life for Quality People!

Follow Lenore Price-Mason on Twitter at @lenore_mason for everything you need to know about Mason Corporation and what they can do for you!

The video package concludes with Lenore smiling and putting up a thumbs up surrounded by people and the word.

CHANGE

“Ode to Joy” by Beethoven begins to play

Lenore Price-Mason, who slowly emerges from the back in her beautiful robe, flanked by Ms. Budde and Langley Lohan, the Tag Team Champions, she looks ready to head to the ring. Lenore laughs as the fans roar, most boo. She leads the way as Budde and Langley follow, taunting the fans as she walks to the ring looking at the crowd. Lenore steps into the ring and stretches her arms for Langley to take off her jacket, she then takes off her towel, the GCW Global Championship around her waist. Ms. Budde hands her a mic….

Lenore: I know that you’re honored in the presence of greatness. People talked about the HERstpry Makers and especially me, if I was all hype or I was the real deal. A few matches in, we took a loss and I was pinned in a cluster of a tag team match, the following Livewire I pinned your Global Champion at the time, and I said then, flukes happen. At the Elimination Chamber, I CHOSE to walk in number one and prove a point and came within seconds of walking out Champion and yet you still doubted me and The HERstory Makers who are now YOUR Tag Team Champions. We have ALL the Gold; we are exactly what we advertised when we decided to come to the GCW. Honestly Francis Taylor, I could give a damn who my challenger is, make it Vessey again, give me Raynes, give me Harker, give me ANYONE and I will still walk out with this Championship and there is no on that can stop us male or female. Get used to this GCW and the Livewire Brand, we have taken over and made HERstory! Come on Francis, let’s get this over with, I have a match tonight.

Francis: Thank you, Lenore. Now then, your challenger at Civil War is the man you defeated for the gold at the End of the Year Bash. He is invoking his rematch clause at Civil War. Please welcome at this time TRAVIS VESSEY!

""Giannis" hits the PA system as the crowd immediately reacts. Cheers, boos, all are heard. Soon, Travis Vessey calmly makes his arrival, the camera shooting from behind him. He's sporting a black leather jacket with blue jeans. Travis looks around before the camera turns back to face him in front. His eyes focus on Lenore and Francis. He begins making his way down the ring, acknowledging the crowd a bit before he gets to the steel steps. Travis takes his sweet time walking up them before entering. From there, he briefly looks at Lenore before shaking hands with Francis. Francis gives him a microphone as his music fades. The crowd roars afterwards, mixed between cheering and booing him. Travis looks around at the reaction he's receiving and nods, accepting it.

Travis: The card tonight said that Travis Vessey would be in attendance. So you all can now say that that is true because I'm him.

The crowd gives Travis a mixed reaction as he shows a sly smirk for a brief second. He surveys the ring a bit.

Travis: Take that a you will. Some of you are happy to see me. Some of you aren't. But I'm here. As promised.

Travis looks around a bit.

Travis: This is my first appearance of the year. Of the decade, if you will. 2020. I was planning on entering this decade as the Global Champion. The undisputed face of this company. And yet today, I an't claim to be any of those things because...

Travis turns around and faces Lenore, who stands with the Global title draped over her shoulders.

travis: Of you.

The crowd reacts a bit as Lenore smirks, mouthing a few words at Travis. Travis glares at him.

Travis: End of the Year Bash Lenore, you were the better wrestler. You had a great gameplan and you executed perfectly. And now the crown is on your head. Now you're the one who's running the game. And for the last three weeks, I've been recovering, healing. 2019 was hard on the body. And I've been watching that match over and over again, seeing where I failed. And I knew tonight that i would use my rematch clause and set the date. Civil War. Because like you when I beat you at Elimination Chamber and you challenged me, I feel like I have something to prove as well.

Travis pauses. Lenore stands proudly.

Travis: I got you once. You returned the favor at the Bash. It's 1-1. The only way to settle who is the best is to do it one more time. For that. You got me three weeks ago. So now that you're the champion, I'm hope you're prepared to do whatever it takes to keep it. Because I will do everything that I can to take that from your hands.

The crowd cheers as Lenore holds the championship up in the air and gets in the face of Travis. Travis' look of determination doesn't waver.

Travis: Let's see how you do when you're the hunted.

Travis drops the mic as he and Lenore stare each other down for a bit.

Francis: There you have it, Lenore Price-Mason defends the GCW Global Championship against Travis Vessey at…

Suddenly, "Can't Be Tamed" by Miley Cyrus hits, drowning out Francis. The crowd cheers as they know who's theme music this is...and a moment later, Amber Sloane steps out on the stage. She waves to the crowd and is holding a microphone. From the ring, Francis looks livid and once Amber's music fades, the Livewire GM speaks.

Francis: Amber! You are Shotgun NOT Livewire! Where is security? How the hell did you get in here?!

Amber smiles and tilts her head.

Amber: "Details, details. The how isn't what's important right now. This is!"

Amber holds up a gold briefcase that matches her dress and shoes. She beams out at the crowd, then at Taylor.

Amber: "Okay, so, like, this isn't the briefcase I won at Resurrection last year, but that one was like, super boring and doesn't match any of my outfits. I mean, who wears a drab black? This isn't a funeral, after all! As if! Anyhow, that briefcase I won had this paper thingy in it that said I could have a shot at either the GCW World or Global Championship anytime in the next year. It's been close to a year, and I'm ready!"

The crowd starts a chant of "Amber! Amber!" She looks around grinning, then turns her attention back to Taylor.

Amber: "So, you're probably wondering why I don't go after the World Championship. First, I wasn't going to wrestle against Minerva because, I mean, who wants yucky black stuff spit in this gorgeous face...am I right? Then, Travis Vessey won the Global title, and I started thinking. So, a while back, these two jerk-faces who I won't mention by name totally crippled my sister Whitney, making it so she won't be able to wrestle for a long time. That totally sucked because she and I had already been tag-team champions and, like, we were on our way to becoming champions again. But anyhow, my sister was obvi upset by being made a cripple, and things got worse. Her boyfriend at the time was...drumroll please...Travis Vessey. What did Travi do after my poor lame sister was laid up? I'll tell you what he did! He dumped her like...like something you'd dump!"

Amber stares angrily at Vessey now, with Travis looking back stoicly.

Amber: "After Survival of the Fittest, I decided that it was time. After the Bash thingy, I would do it. I would cash in and take your precious title belt away from you. I couldn't think of a better way to get back at you for being a total dick to Whit. But then you effed up again and you lost the title to Lenore Price-Mason!"

Amber looks to Mason and nods.

Amber: "Totally love the shoes, BTW!"

Lenore says nothing and Amber shrugs, turning her attention back to Vessey.

Amber: "So, now you want your rematch at Civil War and I have this contract thingy that is about to expire. You've lost the Global Championship so I can't take that away from you any more...but I can make sure you don't win it back! I mean, I really, really want to be a top champion, too, so it's like killing two birds with one stone. I mean, you shouldn't be killing birds...except maybe pigeons. It's totally gross when they poop on your new super-cute shoes! Ewww! But even then, it's not nice to even kill them. Umm, what was I saying? Right! This is perfect! Not only do I have a big chance to become a top champion in GCW, but I can totally stop you from winning the Global title back! So that's what I want to do! Make it a triple threat at Civil War...Lenore Price Mason vs. Deadbeat boyfriend Travis Vessey vs. me! Go me!"

Miley Cyrus hits and the Providence crowd roar their approval at the announcement. Lenore, Travis, and Amber look at each other before Amber waves and disappears behind the curtain and the scene fades out.

[Scene opens….]

[The team known as Scream Machine, Siouxsie Blade and Mara Kade, are seen standing close to Gorilla backstage. The crowd gives them a mixed reaction. Both of them are in ring gear and both don’t have pleasant looks on their faces. Mara has her shades on her head, a black and silver jacket with “Resist, Refuse, Reclaim” t-shirt underneath. Siousie is seen sitting down on the concrete floor, her eyes wide opened.]

Mara: We hate to lose.

[Mara grits her teeth a bit.]

Mara: Good knock two weeks ago Rising Tide. After months and months of talking about what you will do and then fall on your faces every time, you finally did it. A dead clock is right twice a day and two weeks ago, you pinned me. You beat Scream Machine. It happened. So congrats.

[Siouxsie is heard scoffing. Mara’s words drip of annoyance.]

Mara: But fuck that. Call us sore losers. Call us poor sports. I really don’t give a shit. We don’t lose!

[Mara seethes a bit.]

Mara: I got sloppy and I got myself pinned. We didn’t get to be the hottest name in professional wrestling but just taking losses. We win and win and win some more. We’re winners. We put in the work to win. What we’re able to do in that ring? No other tag team. Hell, not many in general are on our level. Scream Machine doesn’t accept losing. We don’t accept anyone being better than us because that’s what we’re built off of. Killing everyone else.

[Mara runs a hand through her hair.]

Mara: But one way we have made ourselves the hottest name in professional wrestling is how we respond when we lose. Remember we lost that Tag Team Gauntlet Survival of the Fittest 2018? We lasted one whole hour. Eliminated everybody only to lose to International Incident. That stuck with us. People were praising us for what we did. Didn’t mean shit to us. We lost. And we responded by making a run, beating those fuckers in the process and becoming Global Tag Team Champions. Where’s International Incident?

[Mara pauses.]

Mara: Where’s Scream Machine? Popular thing to do in the beginning of the year is to list goals. Scream Machine? We got goals. Get our fucking titles back. Make even more money. Maybe even dominate the singles division while we hold the titles. Not that none of those involves losing. So Rising Tide, we got our calendars circled for the day you see us. Because next time, we’re kicking the dog shit out of you. Just like we’re going to do whoever’s in that ring with us tonight.

[Mara looks over to Siouxsie before turning her back to the camera.]

Mara: One more thing since the boss of this company lacks the guts to look me or Siouxsie in the eye. Glory Braddock. I noticed that you’re here today and you’ve made it your mission to avoid crossing me or Siouxsie. Take our money again, coward. You hit our wallets. More than we’re supposed to be fine. Have some guts for once in your life and look me eye to eye, boss.

[Mara bites down on her jaw a bit.]

Siouxsie: Let’s be honest with each other, a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. We saw the Rising Tide get lucky in a match that had many factors in it including other teams, two on two, they can;t beat us. Do you think though that we are going to let that get us down? Nah, it makes us angry, more determined and whomever we face tonight is going to get killed, plain and simple. I don;t care what you people think of us, what happened at the End of the Year Bash is WHO we ARE and when the Sovereign went down, it was an indication of just how powerful we can be. The Rising Tide can talk all their shit, they haven’t won any titles yet and if they did? We would happily take them back. Now tonight, honestly, I don;t feel like saying shit other than this…

RUN… RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

[Siouxsie gets up close to the camera….]

Siouxsie: As for you, Glory Braddock, don’t write checks that your ass can’t cash. Because we REFUSE…. RESIST….. RECLAIM!

[Siouxsie brushes her long hair back as Mara looks on with a smirk on her face.]

Scream Machine IN ACTION
[Veteran journeymen El Perro and El Banjito Grande were the victims...err opponents tonight. Blade and Kade brutalized them violently, eventually ending with the Doom Scream. The cover...1...2...3!]
WINNERS: Scream Machine

[Samuel Price is backstage behind a locker room that reads "KRISSY". He looks somewhat puzzled as he stands outside her door.]

Samuel Price: Samuel Price here and I've been waiting for Krissy Sweetheart for a few minutes but she hasn't opened the door. I was requested by Trevor Cash to personally interview her for her match against Destiny Skye and yet..

[Samuel turns to the door.]

Samuel: I'm going to figure out this right now because this..

[Samuel then knocks on the door a few times.]

Samuel: This is ridiculous.

[He mutters to himself a few times, waiting for a response, Eventually, the door does swing open. Trevor Cash, dressed in a white dress shirt with black dress pants walks out. He looks at Samuel and nods his head, giving him a "friendly" nod.]

Trevor: Good to see you, Samuel. Thanks for your patience.

[Samuel gives an annoyed expression towards Trevor.]

Samuel: Well I had no chance! I was told by you to meet you here to interview KRISSY because apparently she wanted me to personally do so. What I didn't epect was to be forced to wait as long as I had to.

[Trevor glares at Samuel as he talks with a look of disinterest.]

Trevor: Well I'm sorry. I'm sorry that KRISY takes her time to mentally prepare for her opponents to ensure that she is nothing but her best. Surely you can understand right?

[Trevor's word drip of sarcasm. He looks on.]

Trevor: But you don't have to worry about something like this happening again. I promise.

[Trevor walks away from Samuel as he turns around. Soon, the door swings open, only this time, an unrecognizable Hispanic woman dressed in a gold form fitting dress walks out. The woman looks at Samuel and stands up proud.]

Samuel: Who are you?

[The woman narrows her eyes.]

Woman: Cállate!

[The woman raises her voice.]

Woman: I don;t know who you think you are or if this is the way you talk to people but I will not hesitate to drop you where you stand if you talk to me like that again!

[The woman pauses.]

Woman: My name is Gloria. Gloria Velasquez. The past few years I've cut my teeth managing in the Bay Area scene. And now I'm here. As a part of La Revolución. REVERIE!

[Gloria smirks.]

Gloria: And in two weeks, I'm bringing someone with me. And you and the entire world will find out when the times comes.

[Gloria smiles before walking away. But then, she appears back on screen.]

Gloria: Also, Samuel? That's your name right?

Samuel: Yes.

Gloria: KRISSY wanted me to let you now that for no one, you no longer have the privilege of interviewing her every again.

[Samuel looks offended.]

Gloria: Elite talent deserved to be interviewed by the best. And from this interaction...I can see why you're far from that. Adios.

[Gloria waves Samuel away from her as she walks off again, leaving Samuel fuming.]

As the show cuts back to the auditorium of the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, the banks of lights in the rafters cut as one and the crowd roar in unison way before the opening of “RUN!” by Nomy hits the speaker system. The screen lights up with the words “Motor City Bitch” in big red capital letters as Sophie walks out onto the stage and the fans cheer as she just grins while making her way down the ramp to the ring.

At the bottom of the ramp, she walks around the ring, high fiving a few fans on her way to collect a microphone from Robert E. Lee. Mic in hand, she continues around the ring until back at the start, where she walks up the steps and stops on the apron to wipe her boots before jumping between the middle and top rope. She walks to the far side of the ring and throws up the devil horns before walking back to the middle of the ring, raising the mic up as her music cuts.

Sophie James: “PROVIDENCE RHODE ISLAND, WHERE MY BITCHES AAAATTTT?!”

The fans roar again as Sophie grins, nodding her head as she punches the air with her free hand.

Sophie James: “Now that’s what I’m talking about Providence! That the deal. That’s what drags me riiiight back in, every time I think I’ve taken my ass away from this business! Fuck yes!”

The fans cheer again, and Sophie nods her head in appreciation to them.

Sophie James: “So how’s it going guys, huh? I hope all you Bitches are excited right now, because lemme tell you Providence, the Motherbitch right here sure as hell is excited right now! Here we are, the second Livewire of the year, second Livewire of a new decade, and this is the time of year where the roster want to impress, isn’t it? I know that wrestling calendar’s don’t exactly work the same way as the regular calendar year, that plenty of people see Resurrection as the end of the year, that some see Civil War as the start of the year, it’s all about perspective…”

Sophie nods.

Sophie James: “...but perspective be damned, we’re now in Twenty twenty and it’s a new year for each and every person on this roster, and everyone wants to start the year strong, am I right?! Well Sophie James is no different, Providence. I want to start the year strong too, I want to rebuild… I have a career to rebuild! I made great headway rebuilding my reputation in UWA, continued that in SCW for a time, though the past is always going to follow me around like stone I’m dragging everywhere with me, I know that. Thing is…”

Sophie scratches her head before looking at the camera, her head cocked to one side in a thoughtful way.

Sophie James: “...I only have to drag that stone around if I CHOOSE to, you know?”

Sophie starts to pace the ring now, working her way through her thought process as she explains herself to the fans.

Sophie James: “I did a lot of shitty things, I did a lot of shitty things to myself AND to others, and I haven’t hidden from that. I haven’t hidden from anything since I started to sort my shit out, to get clean. I’ve owned my mistakes, owned my fuck up’s, every step of the way. But how long can you continue to flog yourself in life, huh? How long can you beat yourself, berate yourself, a whole host of things beginning with B yourself?! No more. That’s what I realised guys, it’s time to say no more. Just like Billie Piper in Day of the Doctor, it’s time to say No. More!”

Sophie looks back at the ring camera again, looking right down the lens.

Sophie James: “I don’t do that new years resolution bullshit normally, I don’t go in for the new year new me crap… but you know what sweetie, sometimes you have to make an exception and right now, this is my exception. As I stand here right now, in front of all you beautiful bitches here in the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, or watching at home, this is me saying that it’s time for a new start. It’s time for a new me in the new year, because I’m letting go of everything that’s been dragging me down for years, everything that’s weighed me down, slowed me down, tried to drag me down… and that new start is right here Providence, it’s right here on Livewire!”

The fans roar, not just a cheap pop for once again naming their city, but for the show and Sophie’s words.

Sophie James: “Later tonight, I have a match where I’m up against two bad-ass bitches in Rina Takeuie and Kelsai Adamson-Mason and you know what Bitches, I’m sure it’s gonna be one hell of a task. I’m pretty sure that there’s every chance in the world that I’m going to hear someone else’s music playing at the end of the match and that’s life, you know? That’s the business, anyone can beat anyone on any given night in this industry, but that doesn’t mean you walk backstage with your head hung low either! Because tonight is the next stop on the road to Civil War and just the next stop on the road to reclaiming who the fuck I am! Do I want to win tonight? You bet your ass I do, Bitches! I want to win tonight, I want to win in two weeks time, two weeks after that AND at Civil War too… but will not winning break me? Never. I am NEVER letting this business break who I am, break my spirit, because that’s been broken way too many times in the past and it goes back to exactly what I said a minute or so ago. NO MORE. So hold on to your butts, Bitches! Tonight, who knows if I manage to beat Rina and Kelsai, but this is just the start… and I hope each and every single one of you in this arena is with me on this journey. Because it’s gonna be one HELL of a ride! Quote me on it.”

And with that, Sophie smirks as she theatrically holds the microphone out at arms length before letting it drop to the ring beneath her feet, and “RUN!” hits the speakers again as she drops to the canvas and rolls out of the ring to cheers from the fans. She starts making her way up the ramp, high fiving a few of the fans on the way to the stage as the show fades out.

Krissy vs. Destiny Skye
[Krissy and Destiny had a great, back and forth match where both gained near falls. Destiny appeared ready to put her away when Trevor got on the ring apron and distracted her. This allowed Krissy to recover and connect with Bien Joué. The cover...1...2...3!]
WINNER: Krissy

As the crowd in the arena can hear what they are saying and watch what they are doing backstage in her locker room on the Jumbotron starts cheering wildly as soon as they see her, Kelsai Adamson-Mason is doing stretches and getting ready for her match later on, a triple threat between Kelsai, Rina Takeuie, and Sophie James. While Kelsai stretches, she is talking with her husband and manager Victor Mason.

Victor: I think the impromptu autograph session went rather well wouldn’t you agree?

Still entirely focused on her stretches that she is actually counting along with the, Kelsai’s response is brief, much briefer than what is normal for the spunky Kelsai.

Kelsai: Sixteen..seventeen… It seems like it, yeah.

The somewhat short response by his wife is noted by Victor, but he keeps trying to strike up a conversation between the two.

Victor: At the very least the fans were happy, and if the fans were happy, than I know that Kelsai was almost certainly happy as well

Still counting as she bends down to squat, Kelsai sounds like something is wrong with her she is so short for a second time, though you would never be able to tell it by her words.

Kelsai: Twenty-nine….thirty….. I was happy. You know me, anything for the fans.

Finally having enough of the short responses of his wife, Victor stops Kelsai in the middle of her stretches so he can ask her a question.

Victor: Then why don’t you sound very happy?

Although slightly agitated by Victor stopping her in the middle of stretches, Kelsai also seems generally confused about the question he has posed to her.

Kelsai: I am not sure exactly what you mean babe? I was getting to talk with, take pictures with and sign for a few hundred fans and now a little later I am going to do what I do best and go to the ring and put on the best possible show for those fans, against not one but two fabulous women. If you ask me, that sound like a really awesome day, so why would I not be happy?

A smirk starts to form at the corner of Victor’s mouth, knowing that he is talking with the Kelsai he is used to now.

Victor: Now that is more like it.

Kelsai: What do you mean that is more like it? You are really acting a little odd baby. Are you sure that there is not something wrong with you?

This actually makes Victor laugh a little

Victor: There is nothing wrong with me Kelsai, nothing at all. When I first talking with you about the crowd rection to your autograph session you were very short, that is all.

Kelsai smiles bright as ever and kisses Victor quickly on the lips before turning very serious with him, explaining her actions moments ago.

Kelsai: Remember what I told you Victor? The same thing I have told all of the fans who watch and listen to me, including those right here in Providence, Rhode Island…

A huge roar from the fans in the arena in recognition of the fact that Kelsai mentioned their city by name, that Kelsai pauses for and looks around in amazement, almost laughing to herself.

Kelsai …..and THAT never gets old even if I still don’t know what to think of it. As I was saying though whether it was to you, the fans, or my even my opponents, play time is over. I know what I have to do in order to be where I want to be in professional wrestling and if that means I talk a little less and stretch a little bit more to make sure that I am going to be successful every time out at having that best possible match, then that is what I am going to do. I am going to steal the show and give my fans the best possible memories of seeing me in action every time out, no matter who my opponent or opponents may be.

As if a switch has been flipped, you can see the fire start burning bright in her eyes, as Kelsai starts talking about the match coming up later on, the crowd getting louder and louder all of the time.

Kelsai: Tonight, it is Rina Takeuie and Sophie James, two women that I have a ton of respect for, but tonight it makes no difference because respect or Rina, Sophie? I am going to go out and get in the ring and it is going to be fight from bell to bell. I might not win, but I these people are going to have the time of their lives watching our match, the match that everyone will be talking about when this night is over!

And just like that the smile is back on Kelsai’s face.

Kelsai :…..and above all else I am going to be certain that I keep reminding all of the fans everywhere….

The crowd recites the next line with her as loud as possible nearly blowing the rafters off of the arena.

KELSAI LOVES ALL OF YOU!

The smirk on Victor’s face is still present as he watches while Kelsai goes back to her stretches preparing for the match

Victor: That is my girl.

The scene fades back to the arena.

Rina Takeuie vs. Sophie James vs. Kelsai Adamson-Mason
[In a closely fought match Kelsai wins after The Double Shot on Rina.]
WINNER: Kelsai Adamson-Mason

(Post match TD Batterson hits the ring and snatches Sophie, throwing her into the steel steps. Batterson then powerslas her on the outside. Batterson takes Sophie and choke slams her through the Cajun-French Announce Table. Finally referees and officials hit the ring and pull TD Batterson off. He walks away, satisfied with the damage he has done.)

(Backstage we find Francis Taylor angrily storming towards her office. She was none too happy with her Global Title announcement being interrupted by Amber Sloane and wants to know who she has to blame for this. There can only be one person responsible. The Livewire General Manager finds her office door already open and storms inside. She finds the owner of GCW, Glory Braddock, waiting for her.)

Glory: Evening, mate. Great announcement out there!

Francis: Oh you think you’re sooo cute don’t you?!

Glory: Maybe a little but that’d be rather narcissistic for me to say, don’t you think?

Francis: You know what I mean!

(The Livewire General Manager lets out a shout of frustration.)

Francis: You undermined my authority, Ms. Braddock...what is the meaning of this, of letting Amber inside the arena? I assume it was you who let her in, am I correct?

(The British Bombshell nods her head.)

Glory: That is correct. Amber did go over your head and went straight to me with her decision to use her contract, to insert herself into the Global Title Match at Civil War against Lenore Price-Mason and Travis Vessey.

Francis: I had wanted it to be one on one!

Glory: You do not always get what you want.

(Taylor frowns.)

Francis: So is this the new norm? Are you going to be sticking your nose in my business from now on? If so then maybe I should…

(Braddock holds up a hand to silence Francis.)

Glory: Hold on a moment, do not say something you will regret. Just listen. First of all, I do not want to micromanage Global Championship Wrestling. My appearances here and on Shotgun are rare because I truly do trust you and Ms. Silverstone to do your jobs well, otherwise I would be here every week managing the shows myself. I came here not just for Amber’s sake but also for yours…you see, Francis, your services as Livewire General Manager are no longer needed.

(Taylor’s eyes grow wide in shock.)

Francis: You are firing me?!

Glory: Firing you? Heavens no. I’m promoting you. The position of GCW President has been vacant for quite some time. My husband Kurt has been unofficially doing the job but that is bad for business. I need someone like you in that position, officially, to manage the day to day operations. How does that sound?

(Taylor lets the words sink in. She smiles broadly.)

Francis: I like it.

Glory: Good, now then I have one final announcement to make before I leave. I have already spent far too long here than I would like.

(Braddock walks off. The scene shifts.)

Non-Title
HERStory Makers vs. Anti-Authority

[Steve and Adam put up a good fight against the reigning GCW Global Tag Team Champions, especially when Steve Powers was in, but Budde and Lohan were smart enough to recognize the injury on Adam Craig’s leg and focused on that when Adam was inside. The match turned quickly into the champions’s favor. Lohan with a power bomb to Craig and then Budde followed it up with Class Dismissed. The cover...1...2...3!]
WINNERS: HERStory Makers

The scene opens up with TD Batteron casually walking through the hallway. He reaches a door with an “EXIT” sign above it. Just as TD is about to make his leave, he doesn’t notice Roderick Osborn coming his way.

OSBORN: TD, hold up, can I have a moment?

TD takes his hand off the door. He looks at Roderick who has caught up to the former client of Trenton Snow.

OSBORN: What was the meaning behind the attack?

TD stares at Rodrick pondering whether he should answer the question. Osborn appears as though he is going to repeat himself, TD shakes his head.

BATTERSON: Sophie made an impassioned speech earlier. Rambling about a new year, new her, leaving the baggage behind. Got me thinking I should help her with the ‘new her’ part of her declaration. Sophie, when you get a chance to play this back, welcome to you new you... broken.

TD doesn’t smile. He doesn’t laugh. Doesn’t grin. He gives no real indication that he derives enjoyment out of what transpired. Just another day at the office. And with that, before Osborn can ask him another question TD leaves the building.

(We cut to another part of the backstage area. Dexter Russell is standing there with none other than Steve Powers.)

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen I am here with Steve Powers, who is fresh off of a loss to the GCW Global Tag Team Champions, The HERStory Makers. Steve, you wanted this time to speak, so the floor is yours.

(Powers nods his head.)

Steve: I’m not gonna make any damn excuses. Budde and Lohan beat us legit in the center of the ring. And I’m not gonna use my pal Adam’s injury as a crutch either. HERStory Makers are champs for a reason and I credit them. But I wanted to take time to speak to the pieces of garbage who put an injury on my friend Adam.

Dexter: John Blair and Chris Davids? Knightfall?

(Powers nods his head.)

Steve: One day there will be a rematch, boys, and when that time comes revenge will be oh so sweet.

(Steve turns and walks off.)

Champions Showcase (Non-Title)
Lenore Price-Mason vs. Ba'al

[It was GCW Global Champion against GCW North American Champion in this showcase of champions and the two did not disappoint. It was a back and forth battle throughout with both gaining several near falls. The end came when John and Chris, outside supporting Ba’al, were jumped by Steve Powers and Adam Craig. The brawl distracted Ba’al and allowed Lenore to take over momentarily. But then Vessey hit the ring from the crowd. He took out Ba’al and then Lenore. He focused most of his attack on the Global Champion. Budde and Lohan hit the ring to even the odds. The referee finally called for a no contest as an all out brawl ensued.]
WINNER: No Contest

(The brawl continues for a long time until finally referees and officials, and a few wrestlers, manage to pull all of the parties apart. We see Andrew Raynes standing at the top of the ramp, watching the chaos from afar and laughing to himself. He makes the title belt motion and points at Lenore, making sure she knows that she is still in his sights, despite the Global Title announcement earlier.)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back in the ring, Glory Braddock stands, a microphone in hand. The fans cheer her and she rewards them with a smile.

Glory: "Thank you. I have an important announcement to make. As you all witnessed earlier over the big screen, Francis Taylor has been promoted to President of Global Championship Wrestling. That leaves a vacancy...the position of Livewire General Manager. Well, I already have that covered. So now, without any further adieu, I would like to introduce the new General Manager of Livewire...Pete Floyd."

"In The Flesh" from Pink Floyd's classic "The Wall" hits and Pete Floyd walks out on the stage. He receives a polite ovation from the crowd as he makes his way down the aisle to the ring. Once in the ring, he and Glory embrace. Glory hands Mr. Floyd the microphone and exits the ring herself as his music fades out.

Pete: "Thank you Providence. I won't take much of your time as we still have a main event to get to. Some of you may have heard of me. I have worked with GCW off and on for the past few years, mostly behind the scenes. I started in professional wrestling nearly twenty years ago...first as a manager then as a promoter...then as an owner. The promotions I ran were regional, but I can honestly say I have had the privlege to work with some of the biggest names in this sport...like Simon Lyman, Donovan Kayl, Trinity Street, Cindy Todd, Va nilla Skyy, Kelcey Wallace...and one name you here in GCW all know and love...Timothy Myers."

Pete pauses for the crowd to soak in and cheer the mentioned superstars' names.

Pete: "I have to admit, Ms. Taylor will be a hard act to follow. To all of you GCW fans, I promise you I will keep Livewire running strong. I will make Francis, Glory, and all of you proud to be part of GCW Livewire. To all of you in the back, feel free to approach me with anything. I do have an open door policy, but please, just knock first."

Floyd smirks, getting a few chuckles from the audience.

Pete: "Anyhow, I promised you I wouldn't take up too much time and until Livewire goes off the air tonight, this is still Francis Taylor's show. Good night and enjoy the rest of Livewire!"

"In the Flesh" hits again, and Mr. Floyd takes his leave. He shakes some hands, from both staff and audience members alike, on his way to the back, as the scene fades.

Backstage, intrepid reporter Janice King is click-clacking her way down the hallways, smoothing a flyaway strand of hair into place.

King: The one and only reporter in the GCW Hall of Fame here, and I'm on the hunt for answers. At the End of Year Bash, we saw the feud between Knightfall and Sinistry apparently come to an end when Chris Davids shook the hand of his nemesis Ba'al, before throwing the match. And the question everyone is asking, is why? I'm going to find out.

As the camera pulls out and pans behind her, Janice rounds a corner to find, as hoped, Chris Davids, John Blair, and Ba'al, mid conversation.

King: Gentlemen, a word, if I may?

The three individuals turn to look at Janice, before their eyes revert back to one another. Ba’al arches an eyebrow and Chris looks to John who shrugs. He then turns back to face Janice, who waits expectantly.

Chris: Actually Janice… you may not.

Janice seems affronted at the refusual, offended even. But Ba’al is quick to reassure her.

Ba’al: My dear, you are aware of how highly we value you… but we are also aware of what you are requiring of us. When we are good and ready my dear, all in good time.

John: And when we are ready… you’ll have the exclusive.

Ba’al: Shall we, gentlemen?

With that, Ba’al, Chris and John take their leave, Janice left to simply watch them exit down the hallway and out of sight before she turns back to the camera, completely lost for words as the camera lingers on her for several seconds before the scene fades out.

The first thing that you see is something that quite honestly ought to tell you who this is already because when you start at the bottom of the ensemble and you grey Wingtip shoes, you then keep going and there is a grey Armani to match, with both looking impeccable, you know that by the time that you get to the face, it is going to be the face on….

VICTOR MASON!

It is a sight that will have the women swoon to themselves while just as silently there are men or wishing they could give those women the satisfaction of being with him. As the camera starts to pan back slowly, we realize Victor is standing not just anywhere, and of course as understated as he is Victor is not doing anything to call attention to himself either. Rather Victor is standing in back of the commentary position and the crowd is absolutely electrified as sitting down at that announce position is non-other than…

KELSAI ADAMSON-MASON

As Kelsai is smiling and waving at the fans at ringside, she is given a headset by GCW Livewire Lead Commentator Marty McMahon.

Marty: Welcome back everyone. We are getting ready for our Main Event, and we are going to joined on commentary for the GCW International Championship match between the Champion Dustin Adams and the challenger Catalina Herrera by Kelsai Adamson-Mason, right Jake?

Color commentator Jake “The Heartthrob” Storm laughs.

Jake: I guess we are indeed Marty. Welcome Kelsai.

Kelsai: Hey guys, how are you two doing tonight?

Jake: Just fine here Kelsai, thanks.

Marty: I am doing great as well Kelsai. Of course we already saw you wrestle earlier tonight, so the question on my mind and I am sure on many people’s minds is what are you doing out here now with our main event just around the corner?

Kelsai: Well I was talking to Victor and between the fact that we have already saw Sophie James assaulted by TD Batterson and I know firsthand how Dustin Adams likes to take liberties after a match with his opponents, Victor and I decided that there is going to be no more extra-curricular activities tonight, just great wrestling action from our main event.

Jake: So, do you have an opinion about the main event, a prediction one way or another?

Kelsai: Catalina Herrera is a really good friend of mine and although she has an incredible mountain to climb in Dustin Adams, Victor and I are here to make sure that this match stays fair and is decided by the wrestlers in the, and not by anyone getting themselves disqualified, so I believe that based on all of that we will have a new GCW International Champion!
The fans that can hear Kelsai roar in approval at this as “KEL-SEE-AH” chant breaks out.

Marty: I think it is safe to say that fans support your prediction Kelsai and that match is coming up next Dustin Adams defends his GCW International Championship against Catalina Herrera!

Main Event
GCW International Championship
Dustin Adams (champion) vs. Catalina Herrera

[Catalina kicked things off fast and furious with chops and martial arts kicks, trying to chop the bigger man down. Dustin though eventually would catch her with a big boot and The Green Mile. Adams would continue to utilize a power based attack, including a gorilla press slam and a power slam. Death Sentence and then The Parole Hearing. The cover but only a two as Catalina got a shoulder up. Dustin goes for a power bomb but Herrera countered with a face buster. Catalina picked up the pace with a dropkick, a superkick, a springboard hurricinrana. She went for Jubilation but Adams countered with another Green Mile. Dustin with The Death Row Slam. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER and STILL GCW International Champion: Dustin Adams

(After the match Dustin stares menacingly down at Kelsai. As soon as he is handed the GCW International title belt he waves it at her, taunting her with it, daring her to come get it. Kelsai doesn’t take the bait. She just smiles up at Dustin, at the ring, and the two stare each other down as the camera fades.)