Livewire 9.13

Ironman
Site Admin

Livewire 9.13

Post by Ironman » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:57 am

In the office of General Manager Pete Floyd, the man himself is currently sitting behind his desk with his cellphone pressed to his ear, mid conversation. Sat on the desk in front of him is a notepad and he holds a pen in his other hand, jotting something down as he speaks.

Pete Floyd: “-and from looking at the numbers, I think we can probably improve on what Silverstone is giving you, too. So if you want to make the jump to Livewire, I’m pretty sure that we can do business when-”

It’s evidently an important call for the Livewire brand, but that doesn’t stop Pete from being rudely interrupted when the door to his temporary office for the night bangs open with a huge clatter against the wall and Floyd jumps in his seat as he looks up to glare at the enraged figure of Sophie James as she marches into the room, right up to his desk.

Sophie James: “What the actual FUCK, dude?!”

Floyd arches an eyebrow and takes a deep breath before letting it out in one of the longest exasperated sighs imaginable before he turns his attention back to the phone in his hand.

Pete Floyd: “I’m going to have to call you right back…”

Removing the phone from his ear and ends the call, placing the phone down on the desk before folding his arms across his chest.

Pete Floyd: “I take it there’s some sort of problem, Ms. James?”

Sophie James: “You’re goddamn fucking right there’s a problem, MIIS. FLOYD… what the fuck is this bullshit tonight, booking me against a couple of assholes on my own, huh?!”

Floyd rolls his eyes.

Sophie James: “Oh what, I’m overreacting because the guy who claims he has a fucking clue what he’s doing has booked me in a fucking two on one?!”

The smirk that Floyd is fighting against flickers across his aging face for a moment before he subdues it in an attempt to be professional. Sophie doesn’t buy it for a second though, spotting the smirk no matter how he tries to hide it.

Sophie James: “And what the fuck are you smiling at, huh?! Lemme guess, you’re trying not to make some punile fucking joke about me being unable to handle two men at once, am I right? Well fuck you sweetie, because I’ve done that PLENTY of times!”

Pete winces a little as he sucks air in through his teeth, shaking his head as Sophie hears what she said. She’s a much better actor than Floyd though and she doesn’t miss a beat.

Sophie James: “What’s wrong Floyd, you annoyed because you’re not someone I’ve hit on? So what, you’re throwing your weight around and booking me in a handicap match because I’m not interested in your old wrinkly ballsack?”

Floyd finally draws the line with that remark and he stands up, pointing at Sophie.

Pete Floyd: “Sophie, I am your boss and what you’re doing right now is NOT appropriate!”

Sophie James: “Oh, it’s not appropriate that I’m angry that you’re trying to fuck me over?! You’re my boss, but you know what else you are? You’re an asshole! So I don’t bow down at your feet or kiss your ass like some, so what?! If you did your fucking job properly and actually realised what an asset you’ve got having me here, I wouldn’t be acting like a bitch in the first place, but instead of admitting your mistake you what, try and punish me?!”

Pete lowers his hand and leans against the desk instead, lowering the hostility a little but still angry.

Pete Floyd: “Ms. James, if you are such a good wrestler then perhaps tonight is an opportunity to show me that I was wrong to book you against Da Bad News Baers, have you considered that?”

Sophie James: “An opportunity to show you I was wrong? Jesus Christ, get over yourself! I’ve been showing every damn WEEK that you’re wrong, that I deserve to be pushed to the damn moon and tonight is nothing but a feeble display of power on your behalf as you try and remind me that you big, me small… well fuck you Floyd, because what happens tonight? It’s all on you sweetie. All. On. You…”

Punctuating her point with a finger pointed right at Floyd, Sophie turns and heads for the door, slamming it behind her as Floyd simply watches her leave. Sighing heavily, he shakes his head and sits back down in his chair and picks his phone up to call back whoever he was speaking to before Sophie first interrupted and as he starts to dial again, the scene fades out.

('Sleeping Giants’ by Hyro Da Hero begins to play.)

Forget the cops, I hate the world, I hate the people in it,
Hate that ignorant mess you love hearing,

This that dose of reality you fearin’
Hope I’m buried yes but can you pass the test

Recycle thoughts recycle dreams we’re not satisfied
We chase after the same thing

We hold us back we’re fighting us
And when we scream we silence us.

So we all make a deal with the devil,
because negativity is perceived to be better,

We never…to resist …so it’s routine
so we pretend that we ..in our teams

and ..to live like .. open up your eye realize what you are on the inside

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

Let my words be the bullet heard throughout the chaos,
Let my message sink into your brain and never fade out.

The world spins and spins and never changes up,
We are people of pattern and I’ma shake it up

We just dance and laugh like what’s up, what’s up
Shut the f*ck up, get up your butt and do something

In war, start a war, fight the peace,lie to me,
Stop runnin around so silently

‘cause I’m gonna be what I was designed to be and
That’s the voice, a voice of youth, a voice of truth,

A voice for you , a real voice that AINT MOTHERF*CKING AUTO TUNED!!!

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

The GCW logo flashes upon the screen.

[Shortly after the Livewire intro pyro finishes, the arena goes dark and red strobe lights pulse throughout the arena as "Through Struggle" hits the speakers. The crowd erupts into raucous boos as the lights dim around the entrance ramp, smoke begins to rise. After the intro kicks in, the lights start flashing as the smoke gets thicker, after a few moments we see Andrew Raynes appear through the smoke, his head shifted downwards, his hair draped over his face so you cant see it and The GCW Global Heavyweight Title wrapped around his waist. He stares down for a few more moments before he looks up slowly and reveals a smirk on his face. He then slowly unhooks the belt from around his waist, looks around and taunts the crowd before he raises the belt arrogantly into the air and sets off pyro all around the entrance ramp as the lights come back on and ANdrew now slowly makes his way down to the ring.

(Andrew’s walk to the ring, he heads over to the timekeepers table and grabs a mic, yelling at a few people as he goes by. Most people keep their distance as he slides the belt into the ring and then himself. He stands up, grabbing the belt and shows it off.)

Andrew: Like I've always said, if you're gonna jump me, you better get the job done right!

(There is sarcastic jeering for Andrew as he just looks bothered and brushes them off.)

Andrew: While I can say I didn’t see Isabella hitting me with the Stake after Lenore failed, once again, to gain an advantage over me “on her own”. It only goes to continue proving why I am the one to be here holding this belt, elevating it to a point where people are honestly looking at themselves in the mirror and wondering what they can do to better themselves to be where I am today.

Can the same be honestly said elsewhere?

My Evolution into a champion didn't just start by getting lucky on a night where I was desperate to win to stay relevant. My evolution has been a blazing trail of hate that has resulted in bones broken, careers shortened and realities shattered! I don't stand here holding this because I got lucky one night, I stand here because there’s been absolutely no question that I am the absolute best in GCW and there hasn't been a damn thing anyone has been able to do to stop me.

(Andrew readjusts the belt on his shoulder. Walking around and jawing with the fans as they talk shit to him.)

Andrew: People hate the fact that I have had sustainable success while i’ve been a man of hate, a man of no remorse and regard for the wellbeing of others. Truth is, I don't give a shit. Anyone who has tried to get in my way has been disposed of and humbled. People who think they have stymied me to try and get themselves over have come to realize that I am beyond a lucky night or a last ditch desperational attempt to remain relevant. It's why people like Brittany Kayl, who’s offered nothing as world champion, resorts to reminding me that she “eliminated me from the Civil war battle royal” because it’s the only way that she can feel good about the fact that I have easily eclipsed her in our reigns as world champ. It’s fine Brittany, after you finally come back to reality and lose that belt to Minerva, like you’re supposed to, you can go back and crawl back under that insignificant rock you climbed out of because your 15 minutes of fame have long since expired, bitch!

(The crowd erupts into boos over Andrew’s dismissal of Brittany Kayl, Andrew laughs at them, scoffs and focuses.)

Andrew: Meanwhile, there are others who have taken what I have done and allowed themselves to grow from it, to take matters into their own hands and do something to improve themselves. When I see people like Sophie James, who got to a point where she was ignored and neglected and decided that watching how I took control and bulldozed the roster, that she would take a similar approach. It's something I can respect because very few people have the balls to actually go out and get it. Few people around here actually want to put in the work or just simply go and show you why they deserve to be where they are. Nava Farrin is another as well who has done this and she sits with the belt that my boy helped make relevant again!

(Andrew hears more boos from the people he has mentioned. Andrew chuckling over the fact that people hate that Andrew has generated change in this business.)

ANdrew: Then, we’re brought to people like Isabella Harker....

(The crowd offers mixed reactions towards her name, happy she attacked Andrew but disappointed she finds herself aligned with Lenore. Andrew doesn't seem bothered by it though.)

Andrew: Isabella is the type of person you see when you’re not as lucky as Brittany Kayl is around here. Someone who cried about where she was a year ago to where she is now is humiliating for someone who has held this belt longer than anyone else. Like Brittany though, she got incredibly lucky with the gift she was given by getting through the tournament. I hadn't even expected her to make it out of the first round; however, with her back to the wall, she found a way to get it done.. She thought she had a real chance of turning everything around when she walked into that match against me. You could hear it in her voice when she was giving her little speech about how winning this title back was going to change everything for her. It would really be the missing piece that changes Isabella harker forever. The lesson is though, when you are someone who is spiraling downward, you start to find that you end up being drawn in by desperation signs of hope. When you won the tournament and saw your last chance to remain relevant, when you're swimming in toxic sludge you will naturally be drawn in towards the scum of the earth type people.

Enter, Lenore. Price. Mason!

(The crowd gives mixed reactions hearing that. Andrew pays no mind and shuffles the belt on his shoulder.)

Andrew: Not a shock given your lineage, I wouldn't have been surprised to have you get in Isabella's ear before our title match. You were already expecting Ms Budde to occupy that spot and had your plan carefully played out. Except when Harker pulled off the upset and scored the win and her date with me, you needed to change course.

Now, given Isabella's glimmer of hope, she wanted to do it on her own, take what you said with a grain of salt and hope she wouldn't have to fall on that sword. Maybe you were begging for her to win to make your life of recapturing this belt alot easier for you. It's cute though how you tried to play it off as "patiently waiting" for your moment, given how cowardly you acted before we even faced off at Resurrection. I knew after I had shattered your ego that you needed to go hide and rehabilitate before you'd come after this again. I embarassed the shit out of you because you never saw this coming and you needed to go hide in a corner and cry until you were good enough to try your luck again.

When I put the Xklamation Point on Isabella's downward spiral, that's when she was ultimately faced with the choice you presented her. She should have done the right thing and just slummed off and died under a rock. However that toxic sludge can do wonders when she's given a small little opening when you couldn't get the job done yourself to put me down. When Isabella nailed me with the stake, all I saw was a sore ass loser who decided to team up with another sore loser who couldn't handle the fact that I had broken another victim in my trail of hate. It was cute though how you both wanted to act like you were suddenly in the drivers seat and give Isabella a reason to try and act confident after I had broken her into a million pieces. The way you two wanted to puff your chests out on twitter like you'd done the world of favour and seeing all these other scumbags come out of the woodwork to shower praise on a worthless coward goes to great lengths to prove why I hold this belt and why I am a gamechanger in this business. I cause people to look at themselves in the mirror and ponder everything because I don't just talk the talk, I back it the fuck up to.

(Andrew laughs as the crowd boos. His track record goes with out saying though. He slides the belt off his shoulder and takes a look at it before holding it in his hand.)

Andrew: While you may think you have my back to the wall with your newfound tea time bestie at your side. You're gonna learn that nothing is really going to change. You couldn't beat me with two people at your side, having the longest reigning Global Heavyweight champion at your side isn't gonna make a fucking difference either. This time is gonna be when you finally come face to face with the truth and realize that you are nowhere near my level and I will continue to elevate this championship as one should. You can't devolve someone who is growing at a pace that you cannot keep up with. When you and I meet, you're going from be surrounded by the true aura of hate that has been brewing for a very long time. It will make what happened at Resurrection look like child's place because I have every single intention of embracing you in hate that you will not escape from. There's going to be no saving you, no helping you escape the reality youve been too afraid to come to reality with.

It's fine though, Lenore, after our embrace, you'll be the one who devolves off the face of the earth.

See you soon!

(Andrew drops the mic and holds his belt up in the air as "through struggle " hits the speakers. He starts jawing with fans as he slides out of the ring and heads back up.)

The show heads backstage to complete anarchy unfolding before the cameras. Members of security, the backstage crew and EMT’s are swarming around one central point, panicked and trying to get a handle on a situation.

EMT 1: “CAN EVERYONE TAKE A STEP BACK?!”

The crowd backs up to give some space and the camera picks up the prone body of a man laid out on the ground between where everyone was standing. A second EMT is examining a wound on the back of the man's head which is bleeding rather heavily, as the EMT who yelled turns to bend back down and help with the prone body on the ground.

EMT 2: “This is going to need stitching, we can’t staple or glue this…”

EMT 1: “Think we can do it here?”

EMT 2: “I think so. Can you grab me the gauze?”

The first EMT turns and pulls out a gauze pad which he rips open before handing it to the other EMT. As they go to work trying to staunch the blood, one of the Security crew steps closer.

Security: “Did ANYONE actually see what the hell happened?!”

He turns to a member of the crew, who shakes her head.

Crew: “No, I just… I found him here… he was just laying there!”

Security: “And there was nobody else around?!”

The female member of the crew just shakes her head and the security supervisor grunts before the EMT’s start to roll the body over and the camera gets a good look at the fact that it’s Eric Baer that’s out cold on the floor.

EMT 2: “We need to get him to medical…”

EMT 1: “I’ll grab the gurney…”

The crew move back as the first EMT gets to his feet and steps out of shot to retrieve the gurney.

Security: “And I need to see if this was covered by the CCTV. God dammit…”

The security supervisor follows the EMT out of shot as the group crowd back in and the cameras view of Baer is blocked off once again. After a moment or two of getting to see nothing but the backs of the various members of GCW staff, the scene finally fades out.

Isabella Harker vs Richard Dix

As the bell rang, and before Richard was ready, Isabella pounced on him in the corner, pummelling him down with his back turned. Relentless in her assault, Harker put on a display of power moves to bring the loveable stoner to the bring. Finally, she sent him towards the ropes, hurtling him up and hitting The Stake on the way down. She covered him…

1…

2…

NO! She pulled his shoulder up off the mat before the three could be rendered. She aggressively slams his head back onto the mat before moving to his legs, locking him in the Beastly Bindings! Richard tried to hold on, but once Harker started booting his head with his own foot, he was left with no choice but to submit.

WINNER: Isabella Harker (submission)

She held the hold a few moments longer than necessary, with the referee trying to pry her off, before she let go, slamming his legs back to the mat before she stood up. Standing in the ring, she ordered the referee to lift her arm and declare her the victor, a move that the crowd was less-than-enthused about, showing their displeasure by booing. Harker, for her reasons, didn’t care.

Backstage we see the cunning if not slimy con artist of an agent Mason Van Stanton. Dressed in a black suit outfit he is seen talking with Summer Collins, one half of Fabulous.

Mason: Let me tell you, Summer, that what you and Jessica have is an impressive unit. You are very good together and might I say that it is a shame you were not booked tonight.

Summer: I cannot let the crowd always get what they want and we all know that they want to see me. I mean, look at me...in your dreams, right? Always leave them wanting more. Jessica can have her moment in the sun at Purgatory.

Mason: What about you? Who is looking out for you?

Summer: Trust me, Mason. I am definitely looking out for my own interests as well. Jess and I can be the best tag team and the best individual wrestlers at the same time because we are that damn good.

Suddenly Blair McBride approaches the pair. She looks to Summer.

Blair: Excuse us…

Summer: Sure. Mason, I’ll think about what you said.

Summer turns and walks off. Blair turns and faces Mason.

Blair: Another perspective client?

Mason: Of course. I’m always on the lookout for new clients. Unlike you, who seems to be hell bent on getting only the one set of clients….your sisters, Karen and Melanie. You refuse to branch out. But then again, who would want to take you on as their agent? I’m always in demand.

Blair: Look, Van Stanton, just back off of my sisters. Ok? Go after anyone you want. Take on any client you want. But leave my sisters alone. I refuse to let you ruin them the way you ruined Destiny, Julia, and Hannah, and Kendra.

Mason: Ruined? We single handedly took over Global Championship Wrestling. And that’s what I’m going to do again, as soon as I find the right clients with the right motivation. Your sisters want the same thing I do. But you? I don’t see that kind of motivation. We could work wonders together, Blair. But you lack the guts to do what it takes.

Van Stanton walks off.

Rina Takeuie can be seen backstage with the GCW North American Championship back in her possession. She walks through when she is approached by Samuel Price.

Price: “Ri… Rina?”

Rina stops, turning to him and smiling.

Rina: “Hello, Samuel. It is nice to see you.”

Price: “Oh thank God…”

Rina: “What?”

Price: “I mean, you have once again got the GCW North American title with you after a hunt that lasted throughout last Livewire. Dianna Kruse, attempting to claim possession made her Champion, now has the opportunity to win that at Purgatory. Jessica Lasiewicz has the same opportunity. You do not have to be pinned or made to submit to lose the Championship. Any thoughts?”

Rina thinks about the question.

Rina: “I know that Jessica and Dianna… they both want to be Champion. And why not? We all know the benefits of being Champion. I am committing myself to give my all to retain this Championship because, frankly, that’s what everyone deserves in a Champion.”

Price: “That didn’t really answer my question… what are your thoughts on the environment where you don’t have to be beaten to lose the Championship?”

Rina closes her eyes. Her voice sharpens as she speaks.

Ronin: “Dianna Kruse THOUGHT she had a master plan. It will only lead her to a world of pain and anguish. Jessica Lasiewicz? She may be one of the few truly equipped to deal with me, but she has lost herself behind the idiom of being “Fabulous”. She will claim this not to be the case, but I have seen into her soul and know that any protests she makes will be born of lies. There will be no theft of the North American Championship… not again. The Ronin will ensure that.”

Samuel steps back, clearly intimidated by the sudden change of tone. Rina opens her eyes, smiling.

Rina: “I’m sorry… what were you asking again?”

Price: “I… I got what we need. Thank you.”

He hurries away, still concerned about what he just witnessed. Rina thinks nothing of it, exiting the scene herself.

Sophie James vs. Da Bad News Baers

Due to the unfortunate incident with Eric Baer earlier in the show, what was supposed to be a two on one handicap match became a standard one on one with Chris Baer already in the ring as Sophie came out. She had some sort of pipe in her hand, which she looked at before tossing it away and rushing the ring. The bell rang almost immediately after Sophie slid in as she went right at Baer, and while he put up a valiant effort at first, it was obvious that he was shaken by what had happened to his brother and Sophie wasn’t pulling her punches either. In the end, the fiery redhead was more than Chris Baer could handle and a Detoxer out of nowhere spelled the beginning of the end for the smaller of the two brothers. A Motor City Meltdown capped things off for the Motor City Bitch as she was able to pin Chris for the 1, 2, 3!

Winner by pinfall - Sophie James

After the match ended, Sophie slid out of the ring and made it look like she was going to assault Chris with the chair she grabbed from ringside. She placed it around the ankle of Baer and looked like she was going to stamp down on it, shattering his ankle. Officials rushed the ring though and stopped her from doing it, and Sophie excited the ring before backing up the ramp. The camera moved in and Sophie spotted it and grabbed hold of either side of the lens as she yelled straight down it.

Sophie James: “I warned you Floyd… I warned you what would happen… just a shame I didn’t get to finish the set. One out of two ain’t bad though, sweetie. Now get this thing out of my fucking face…”

Sophie shoved the camera back and the cameraman stumbled and fell backwards, leaving the camera to pick up a shot from the ground of Sophie turning and making her way back up the ramp to exit and the scene quickly faded out.

Backstage…

The scene rises up inside the locker-rooms slowly. The lighting is poor. The camera is shaky. But none of that matters because the woman in frame has something that a lot of people have been waiting two weeks to hear.

Isabella Harker raises her head as she sits on a sole steel chair in the room. Her piercing eyes glaring at the camera as a smirk crawls onto her face, she begins in a hushed tone.

Harker: “For two weeks now, the one word I have heard repeated more than any other is simply… “Why?”.”

She smirks again, a laugh coming from her as she turns her head to the side.

Harker: “Because for as long as I’ve been in GCW as Isabella Harker, I have fought on the side of the angels. What was the term that was used to describe me? A “Paragon of Virtue”? Something like that… I have been someone to look up to. Someone to respect. Someone to…”

She pauses.

Harker: “Someone to step on.”

As a bitter scowl replaces the smirk on her face, Harker turns back to the camera.

Harker: “You see, I have never ASKED to be a Paragon of anything. All I wanted was an opportunity to prove myself and let the chips fall where they may. I fought through this company for five years looking to be the absolute best… not only the best that I can be, but the best PERIOD. And as 2018 was led to its death, I took the ultimate advantage of an opportunity and became the GCW Global Champion. I was on top of the world because I made an opportunity and, when it counted, I converted. That’s what separates Champions from pretenders.”

Smiling again, she sits back in the chair.

Harker: “And for eight months, I reigned here on top of Livewire. For eight months I took on the best competition put in front of me. And after eight months, Travis Vessey got the better of me and became Champion. And do you know what happened to Isabella Harker then? I was told… “Nice job, Champ. Now take a backseat”...”

Harker nods, pushing her tongue into the side of her cheek.

Harker: “A backseat. After reigning for eight months as Champion, after CARRYING Livewire on my shoulders, I was relegated. The opportunity? I was still dangled out there when I was needed, set upon to be a building block, but I was expected to know my place. My place is among the elite, and I was expected to just be happy to show up… to be one of the guys. Two weeks ago, you want to know WHY I dropped Andrew Raynes where he stood? WHY I stood side by side with Lenore Price-Mason? WHY I “turned my back”? Well… it’s simple.”

She looks to the side, a grin forming on her face.

Harker: “Because when the chips were down, who had my back? Who came to ME and reminded me of who Isabella Harker is as far as a competitor goes? They did…”

She motions her hand out. Lenore Price-Mason, Jordyne Jade, and Ms. Budde step from the darkness into the scene. Harker rises from the chair, moving it aside as she stands with the women.

Harker: “We’ve heard a lot lately… about how “History has its eyes on you”. Well, history isn’t what you have to worry about… not anymore. We laid the Global Champion out because we could. We took a stand because no one else would. Forget history… what you really need to pay attention to? Is HERstory!”

Lenore starts to laugh, as Ms. Budde in her wrestling gear is ready to take on Lorraine. Jordyne Jade smirks…..

Lenore: “MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, WHO ARE THE FAIREST OF THEM ALL!? WHY IT’S YOU HERSTORY MAKERS! See GCW, Isabella Harker is still a hero, she is still an icon, she is still a role model for any young woman that wants to look up at us and see success. Look around me, we are FOUR powerful women that decided we were not going to be trapped in a system anymore. We stood against the machine, this was not some evolution of women to make money or give ladies that have no confidence in who they are a ribbon proclaiming them to be a part of the club, we are lionesses, and we took over. Isabella was trapped, YOU FAILED HER GCW! YOU FAILED HER THE FANS! Women all over this world failed her and now she is home. What is next? The Global Championship, and you sniveling idiot, Andrew Raynes have been put on notice. Tonight Ms. Budde shows why she will have gold around her waist soon, why Jordyne Jade is one of the best and why Isabella Harker is now making HERStory.”

Isabella and Lenore look at one another, they start to laugh and fist bump as Ms. Budde steps up in her Military inspired wrestling gear, with long blonde hair, running her fingers with the red polish through her long strands…

Ms. Budde: “Do you see the inspiration here? When Isabella Harker defeated me in the semi-finals of the Global Championship tournament, I smiled because I knew right there, ooooh looooooooord, that we found the woman to complete the puzzle. GCW has been put on Notice and it is about time the Livewire Brand understands fully that this here is a Woman’s World now. Allison Lorraine, you are pathetic, everything that we stand against, a weak and frivolous little girl that wants to be what we are? Well sugar plum, let me tell you right now, things do not always go as they seem, and when I put this perfectly pedicured sized eleven right in your face, and see stars, then you will realize like every other woman in the GCW that Class is NOW in Session, but remember the Golden Rule, nobody likes the smell, of a beautiful STEEL Magnolia.”

Raising her chin in the air, Ms. Budde smirks and walks out, Jordyne goes behind her as Isabella and Lenore look at one another again and wink…..

Lenore: “You are either on the side of HERstory or you become history.”

Isabella smiles as Lenore arches and eyebrow, both glaring into the camera…

Backstage Dexter Russel is standing by with Kelsai Adamson-Mason and her husband Victor Mason, as Kelsai prepares for both her match tonight in Rio de Janeiro against Alan Monroe and her rematch for the GCW International Championship against Princess Nava Farrin at Purgatory. That is not what Dexter wants to talk about however, as he wants to get some comments concerning what was said almost two weeks again by Kelsai, though for once Kelsai is not saying much.

Dexter: “Kelsai, everyone knows what you said concerning Livewire and the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion Andre….”

Kelsai cuts him off, normally unheard of for her.

Kelsai: “That’s right Dexter, everyone knows what I said, no point in beating a dead horse. Next question.”

Dexter: “But I mean you comments caused some controversy, did the…”

And this time Kelsai is much more blunt.

Kelsai: “Dexter, we are not talking about this, so unless you would like to discuss something else, I have a match tonight against Alan Monroe to get out to the ring for.”

Dexter: “Of course you do, I was just looking for some comments on…”

And with that Kelsai and Victor walk off presumably for her match leaving Dexter alone looking bewildered.

Ms. Budde vs. Allison Lorraine

Allison Lorraine had asked Pete Floyd for this match, wanting revenge for the beating Budde and Jordyne Jade gave Allison's tag-team partner, Carmen Diaz, with Budde's gold plated yardstick. In the opening minutes, Allison was a house on fire with hip tosses, drop kicks, and an arm drag that had Budde sliding out to the floor. Allison with a suicide dive to Ms. Budde. Allison got Budde back into the ring then went to the top, coming off with Eye of the Tiger (Corkscrew 630 Senton)...but Budde got her knees up! Budde with the Tardy Bell followed by Class Dismissed and a cover. 1...2...3!

Winner: Ms. Budde (Pinfall, 5:19)

After the match, Ms. Budde retrieved her gold plated yardstick. With the crowd booing her feverishly, she whacked Allison five times before leaving the ring. Carmen Diaz ran down to the ring, checking on her cousin as Livewire cut to commercial.

Backstage we find GCW journalist Dexter Russell. He is trying his best to stay still, which is a stark contrast to his guest at this time, the man known as “Hell’s Reject” Alan Monroe. Monroe is pacing impatiently, like a hungry lion.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen I am Dexter Russell and with me at this time is “Hell’s Reject” Alan Monroe. Thank you for joining me, Alan.

Hell’s Reject continues to pace and ignores Dexter.

Dexter: Uh, ok...well tonight you face Kelsai Adamson-Mason, a runner up in the 2020 Civil War and a former GCW International Champion. She will challenge for that championship again at Purgatory. With this in mind, what kind of message do you hope to send to Livewire General Manager Pete Floyd and the larger GCW universe?

Finally Alan stops pacing. He chuckles.

Alan: A message? Is that what this is all about nowadays? Sending message?! Well hell, it’s better than what Nava wants from me. I’m sure she hopes I rough up Kelsai in advance of Purgatory. And guess what, Dex? Little priss princess is gonna get what she wants. But I’m not gonna rough up little Kelsai for Nava. I’m not a thug for hire and I’m not a peasant or peon. I’m just a guy who wants to make an impact. I’m a guy who sees what he wants and takes it.

He points into the camera.

Alan: What I want is a title shot. I don’t give a damn if it’s Nava or Kelsai, I want a title shot, and if I have to whip Kelsai’s ass to get it then so be it. I reject the idea that I’m just an opponent for Kelsai. I reject the idea that The Princess is unbeatable. And I reject any sumbitch who tries to stop me!

Alan storms off.

In the lounge…

Hugo Magnussen and Bash Kincade can be seen in the arena’s bar. The GCW Global Tag Team Championships rest in front of them as they sit.

Bash: “Total War…”

He smirks.

Bash: “Y’know, for a team that has such a storied history - one of the biggest teams in GDW history - they ain’t done a whole lot here in GCW. For all their legacy, they’ve never been Champs here. That’s a fact I’m sure pisses them off… but not as much as knowing that the Champs today ain’t about to roll over and die for them.”

Hugo shakes his head.

Hugo: “Two weeks ago, you two got involved in my match. I know that you are itching for a fight. THAT we can respect, When you resort to behind the back attacks like you did on Livewire two weeks back? That’s where we have a problem and, more to the point, THAT is where you need to be taught a lesson in respect.”

Bash: “At Purgatory, you’re going to LEARN what respect means. For our money, you ain’t got a clue. We’re gonna teach you.”

Hugo: “You have crossed the Rising Tide… and soon you will understand what those who have crossed us before have come to learn: we are NOT to be trifled with! Because in the end, there ain’t a team in this business we can’t beat!”

Bash: “Bring yer best to Purgatory! It ain’t gonna be enough.”

Hugo smirks as Bash sits back, taking a drink.

Hugo: “See you soon.”

The scene cuts away.

Alan Monroe vs Kelsai Adamson-Mason

As the old adage goes you can’t hit what you can’t catch. Alan tried his best to catch the speedy Kelsai Adamson-Mason. She evaded his attacks. Caught him a couple of times with huricanna’s. Basement drop kicks to the knee. For an American wrestler she frustrated Alan with various Lucha thing themed offenses, until he managed to catch her with a jar rattling clothesline that took Kelsai from 100 mph to 0 in an instant. Having Kelsia where he wanted her, Alan backed her into the corner. He relied on pure clubbering. He rag dolled her across the ring several times. He mounted her. All he offered were relentless punches to the face. Alan didn’t cross a line. It was pretty apparent he wanted to break her down cause he could. The moment came where Kelsai had enough of being abused. She fired back, her offensive becoming more aggressive. Towards the end of the match Kelsai caught Alan with a facebuster which she quickly followed up with a flawless Frog Splash.

Academic from there.

Winner: Kelsai Adamson-Mason

Mausam & Escape by AR Rahman plays. The Punjab War Party comes down to the ring. Victor decides he is going to meet them head on himself. The PWP stop where they are. Unknowingly to Victor and Kelsai... Princess Nava is behind Kelsai. She spins Kelsai around, drops her with the Ashoka Chakra headbutt. Victor turns around to give chase to Nava. She has escaped the ring in time. She joins the PWP. Victor considers going after her. The odds aren’t in his favor. He checks on Kelsai to see if she is alright. Princess Nava and the PWP walk away having gotten the upper hand on Kelsia. At Purgatory there would be no distractions of any kind. No Victor. No Punjab War Party. Everyone banned from ringside.

Kelsai and Princess Nava will be... alone.

Backstage at the Maracanãzinho in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil we find the O’Brian siblings. The sister, raven haired beauty Sophie is wearing a black skirt that stops just above the knee a teal colored blouse, and a black leather jacket. Her long dark hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length. Sophie appears to be deep in thought as she sits on a stool with a cup of coffee in her hand. Standing next to her is her much larger, far more powerful, and probably dumber brother Mark. Mark is dressed for a fight in denim jeans, black boots, and a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket. The look on his face tells the story of a man who wants to fight. While Mark is a man of action, it is Sophie who prefers to think things through…

Mark: I wanna kick his bloody ass!

Sophie: You will most definitely get that opportunity tonight, dear brother. In fact, you will be completely free and unfiltered to do whatever you see fit to Bash Kincaid tonight on Livewire.

Mark: I don’t care! I’m gonna…

Mark pauses as he realizes what his sister just told him. The typical response is a lecture and stern warnings from his younger sibling but this is unusual. He isn’t used to this.

Mark: Wait what?!

Sophie: Yes, that’s right. You can brawl to your Neanderthalic heart’s content tonight, dear brother. I release you to do whatever you wish.

Mark: Seriously?

Sophie: Yes. I mean, obviously don’t go do something stupid like get yourself injured. But if you can hurt Kincaid, that gives us the advantage. It’s simple math, if one general has twice as many men as the opposing general, then the general with the most men are most likely to win. If you take out half of Rising Tide’s force. That gives you and me the edge. Understand?

Mark grins.

Mark: I hear ya…

Mark walks off.

We open in a dark, eerily silent part of the arena. A singular feminine shaped figure stands in the darkness but it is so dimly lit that we cannot tell who it is. A few moments later a spotlight slowly but surely starts to fade in onto the figure. We eventually see that this is Angelica Jones. The redheaded Boston native is dressed for action in her black flame design wrestling gear and her signature black leather jacket. She has a grim, deadly serious look on her face as she gazes into the camera.

Angel: There is an old adage...be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Jones points a finger at the camera.

Angel: That certainly applies to you, Ba’al. You have been poking the beast for several weeks now hoping to get a reaction. The beast, of course, is me and you have been anxiously anticipating the opportunity to cause me to lose my cool. You want me to lose control. You go as far as to say that my sister Kayla is holding me back.

She shakes her head.

Angel: Kayla is one of the anchors in my life that helps me maintain control. So it should be no surprise that you try to convince me to abandon her. Well that’s not going to happen. Me and Kayla have a bond that you will never understand. And Kayla isn’t the only anchor that helps me maintain control. Even if you were able to succeed in taking Kayla out of the picture, there are other anchos that would help me maintain control over myself...or should I say, maintain control of The Dragon…

Angelica smiles devilishly.

Angel: At one time The Dragon was an uncontrollable entity that controlled me. For years I was its tool. It used me to wreak havoc upon this business, leaving bloodshed and destruction in its wake. But now the tables have turned. The Dragon is now MY tool. The Dragon is now MY weapon. I can unleash it whenever I damn well please against whomever I damn well please. And now Ba’al, you want me to unleash The Dragon? Like I said, be careful what you wish for, because tonight you get your wish. I will unleash The Dragon. That same force that has ended careers will be unleashed but not to do your bidding. That force, The Dragon, will be unleashed to destroy you and leave you in a battered, bloody heap. And with tonight being no disqualification…

She laughs nastily.

Angel: ...I certainly would hate to be you tonight.

Bash Kincade vs. Mark O'Brian

With Hugo and Sophie at ringside, Bash and Mark had the type of match you would expect. Hard hitting. Brutal. The tide (no pun intended) went back and forth several times during the first ten minutes. Then, Bash countered a clothesline from Mark with a spear that took both men over the top rope to the floor. Both got to their feet and Bash with a big boot, but Mark ducked and the boot intended for Mark hit his sister Sophie, instead. Bash only gave Sophie a glance before turning back at Mark, who hit him with a chokeslam on the concrete floor. Mark got Bash up and attempted to throw him back into the ring, but Bash reversed, sending Mark into the guardrail. Bash grabbed Mark, but before he could do anything, Sophie O'Brian with Scorched Earth Policy, the fireball hitting Bash in the face! Hugo rushed over to his partner, first hitting Sophie from behind with a shoulder barge that sent her into the guardrail, herself. Having seen enough, the referee called for the bell.

Winner: (No contest, 12:20)

The four continued to fight on the floor for a few more minutes until security rushed the ring, separating everybody as Livewire cut to commercial.

[The first image we see is Travis Vessey, sitting down on his couch inside his home, staring directly at the camera. Dressed in a white t-shirt and blue jeans, Travis prepares to speak.]

Travis: Rule #1 for anyone of you watching this at home and you want to become a professional wrestler...never be surprised at anything that happens.

[Travis sticks his finger out.]

Travis: That goes far as people. That goes far as matches, betrayals, everything. It's a cliche to say expect the the unexpected. So instead, what i would say is simply understand that everyone is capable of doing anything and everything depending on the situation, motivation or gain. Dustin Adams. Month ago, I said what i said I was going to do. I was going to beat you one on one in that ring. I was going to move one step closer in that Global Championship tournament and I was looking ahead to the next round. What wasn't surprising, however, is the fact that I didn't get to look forward to that. Not only did you attack from behind afterwards because you were frustrated. Because I did exactly what I said I was going to do and you couldn't handle the fact that I am a better wrestler than you were on that night. You dropped me in that ring and in this business, that warrants a receipt. Another day, another time I thought as I laid on the mat, beaten, unable to move.

[Travis narrows his eyes.]

Travis: Little did I know, somehow, someway, Andrew Raynes managed to convince Pete Floyd that the next round match should happened right then and there, when i was clearly out of it. I don't feel any source of anger towards you, Ms Budde. All in the game right? I would like to say I wouldn't take advantage of a situation like that, but it's easy for anyone to say that from the armchair rather than in the moment. the point is, in that moment, I realized my chance to regaining the Global Championship would have to wait.

[Travis shakes his head.]

Travis: So in the meantime Dustin, I've spent the last month thinking about how I'm going to repay you from what you did. I can't go to Mister Floyd, nor do I think i want to. If he was easily convinced to do something like that, it makes me questions a lot more about him as a whole. Another time, another day. I don't know if it's just that you want your win back, you want to take me off the trail of Andrew Raynes and that GCW Global title or you simply want to put me out of commission Dustin, whatever the case is, one day, I'm going to cash in on that receipt. And when i do, everything you did to me last month, will be paid for tenfold.

[Travis looks up.]

Travis: I play by the code. The code of the game. By any means. Whatever it takes. Don't think I won't do whatever I need to put you down Dustin. I've beaten you once so I don't have to wonder about whether or not I'm better. Now it's about making a point. Sending a message. Survival. Proving that I belong int ehs pot that I am. Speaking of which, if you haven't noticed Dustin, two weeks ago Isabella Harker and Lenore Mason shocked the world and beat down your friend in the middle of the ring.

[Travis relaxes a bit.]

Travis: Now I will admit, for a brief moment, it did shock me. if I had to guess anyone that would never do something like that, I probably would have said you Harker. And I know ever since I beat you for that title, you've desperately wanted to get back on top. I just didn't expect you to join up with Lenore. Now, i'm not going to scorn you or say you turned you back on the people. I'm not here to judge you. The point I made about anyone being capable of anything, good or bad depending on the situation and motivation, rings turn. As someone who people would say is your biggest rival, the only thign I will say is one of these days we'll see each other. Me, you and Lenore. We want the same thing. We want the same position. But only one person can have it. And like with Dustin, whatever I need to do to get back to there, I will.

[Travis glares at the camera.]

Travis: I've talked about this new move that I've created. I haven't felt comfortable using it yet but in order for me to maintain, I have to evolve. I have to stay ahead of everyone else. And I'm confident that this move will do just that. The game is out there and it's either play or get played. Dustin Adams, Isabella, Lenore, everyone in Livewire, I'll see you all in crunch time. And we'll see who makes it out in the end.

[Travis signs off as the feed cuts.]

As Livewire comes back on air, "In the Flesh" by Pink Floyd hits, and Livewire General Manager Pete Floyd makes his way to the ring. Mr. Floyd receives a mised, although mostly positive, reaction from the crowd. His music fades and he raises his microphone.

Pete Floyd: "In two weeks, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, GCW will present to you, Purgatory."

The crowd pops.

Pete: "I'd like to take a few minutes now to run down the official Livewire line-up for that big event. I believe Livewire will steal the show, as it has stolen every GCW event since I took over. Ms. Mc...excuse me, Ms. Silverstone is a fine GM, but he's a bit out of her league. Anyhow, here we go.

Ethan Rockwell will face Destiny Skye, with no disqualification.

Travis Vessey will get a chance to cash in his receipt as he goes up against Dustin Adams.

Rina Takeuie will defend the North American Championship in a triple threat against Dianna Kruse and Jessica Lasiewicz.

Kelsai Adamson-Mason will receive her rematch for the GCW International Championship against current champion, Princess Nava Farrin. Everyone will be barred from ringside.

As you all just saw, things have gotten pretty intense between The Rising Tide and Total. They will face off at Purgatory for the Global Tag-Team titles in a tornado tag-team rules match.

And, the main event, Andrew Raynes will defend the GCW Global Championship against former champion, Lenore Price-Mason.

Any GCW superstar not mentioned tonight will also be in action in a battle royal. I'm not sure what the prize will be yet, but I've been assured by GCW management there will be a prize. Thank you for being such an outstanding host, Brazil. I will see everyone in two weeks from San Juan. Enjoy the main event, up next!"

Backstage we find GCW’s roving hall of fame reporter (just ask her) Janice King. Standing with her is none other than “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. The Archangel is dressed in a black dress, black high heeled pumps, and a black leather jacket. Her long blonde hair has pink highlights and is left to flow freely down to below her shoulders. A confident smirk is etched across her face.

Janice: I am Janice King and I am the ONLY journalist in this company to have been inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame! My guest at this time will have an opportunity at the GCW North American Championship coming up at Purgatory and her name is Jessica Lasiewicz. Thank you for joining me, Jessica.

Jessica: My pleasure.

Janice: You will not only have to deal with the defending champion, Rina, but you will also have to deal with Dianna Kruse. It will be a triple threat match. What are your thoughts before that match?

Jessica: For a “hall of fame” journalist you certainly don’t ask the right questions.

The Archangel reaches out and grabs Janice by her chin and guides her so that they are looking into one another’s eyes.

Jessica: Look at me, Janice. You and I have been through a great deal together. Hell, you could argue that me and Summer played a fairly big role in you getting inducted into the hall of fame. Were it not for our feud with Golden Era in 2012 would you have had the kind of name recognition and success that you have now? So yes, we have history. We know each other. So you look into my eyes and tell me do you think I’m worried about whether it’s going to be Rina or the Ronin I face at Purgatory?

Janice: ...maybe?

The Polish warrior shakes her head.

Jessica: Wrong. I can be just as vicious as The Ronin if need be. Or maybe I’m worried about Dianna Kruse wanting revenge for driving her face onto the concrete floor with Pure Deformation two weeks ago?

Janice: Uh….yeah?

Jessica: Wrong again, Janice. Dianna Kruse provoked me. She got involved in my business. I warned her and she didn’t listen. So she paid the price two weeks ago. She’ll continue to pay the price each and every time she involves herself in my affairs. You want to know the truth, Janice? Nothing worries me. That’s not arrogance, that’s just pure confidence. That’s me knowing that I am ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS...as for Rina and Dianna? They are welcome to come and place their bets…

Jessica shakes her head.

Jessica: ...but I don’t like their chances.

Jessica turns and walks off.

Main Event
No Disqualification
Angelica Jones vs. Ba’al

[Angelica came out first. As Ba’al approached the ring Angelica wasted no time, taking to the air with a corkscrew suicide plancha onto Ba’al before he can even enter the ring. The bell sounds and the match is under way. Jones hops up onto the ring apron and charges with a seated senton taking Ba’al down again. She picks him up and attempts an Irish whip but he reverses sending her into the steel turnbuckle. Ba’al with a swinging neck breaker to the outside. He rolls Angelica into the ring and then brings in a steel chair. He plants her with a swinging neck breaker on the chair. Ba’al with a double arm ddt onto the chair and then transitions into an arm bar. After a terribly long time in the hold Ba’al breaks the hold. He connects with a side Russian leg sweep onto the chair and goes for a cover but Angelica gets a shoulder up after two. Ba’al whips her into the corner, charges in, and connects with a jumping high knee. Ba’al with a bridging double chicken wing. Angelica refuses to submit. Ba’al, after a long time, releases the hold. Ba’al sets the chair up in a seated position. He whips Jones into the corner and goes for a back drop but she spins him around and plants him with a tornado ddt onto the seated chair!]

[Ba’al rolls to the outside. Angelica pulls herself up. Angelica charges and then goes for a suicide dive through the ropes but Ba’al gets the ring bell up in time, striking her in the head as she comes through! Ba’al with a fisherman’s suplex on the outside. Ba’al then waits as she gets up to her feet and then drops her with Totalis on the outside. Ba’al rolls her back into the ring but instead of covering he taunts her...he says something but the words cannot be made out...Angelica lands a low blow out of desperation! Angelica with a Hot Shot, her variation of the pedigree! The cover but Ba’al kicks out at two! Angelica is stunned but doesn’t let that stop her. She locks in the Angel’s Arch, her variation of the Liontamer. Ba’al fights for a long time but refuses to quit. Angelica eventually releases the hold. Angelica with a bulldog takedown on Ba’al. Angelica with a springboard lionsault, she calls it The Divine Impact. She covers but again Ba’al kicks out.]

[Angelica is getting very frustrated as she has hit all of her finishers and Ba’al has escaped them all. Angelica starts arguing with the referee who insists his count was accurate. Ba’al uses this time to recover. Angelica turns into a spear from Ba’al. Ba’al with a wheelbarrow face buster transitioned into an ankle lock. Angelica struggles in the hold but refuses to submit. Ba’al eventually releases after a very long time and then snaps off a few dragon screw leg whips and then applies a knee bar. Angelica again fights through the pain but refuses to quit. Ba’al releases after a long time. He drops her with several belly to belly overhead suplexes in a row. Ba’al sets the steel chair up in a seated position again. He delivers a belly to back suplex on the seated chair! Ba’al covers but only gets a near fall. Ba’al pulls Angelica up and goes for another fisherman’s suplex but Angelica slips out of it, kicks him in the gut, and drops him with another Hot Shot! The cover but Ba’al again kicks out!]

[Jones is furious as she rolls to the outside and brings in a sledgehammer. She takes aim as Ba’al slowly pulls himself up. He spots the sledgehammer and dares her to use it. He shouts at her to use the weapon against him. She stares at Ba’al and then back at the sledgehammer. After a momentary indecision finally she tosses the sledgehammer out of the ring. At that moment Ba’al goes for a superkick but Angelica avoids the contact and rolls him up in a school boy...1...2...3!]
WINNER: Angelica Jones