Shotgun 09.14 <results>

randy

Shotgun 09.14 <results>

Post by randy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Shotgun - September 22, 2020 (Capital One Arena in Washington DC)

The scene rises up. Soft music plays in the background as the lights reveal a rather humbled GCW World Champion, one Miss Brittany Kayl, seated in her studio. The Championship belt is noticeably absent from her person right now, as she sits forward, arms on her knees, looking around.

Kayl: “I hope you are happy.”

Looking to the camera, she smiles a bitter smile.

Kayl: “Two weeks ago, I was beat. I went into the match so confident that I had what I took. I felt in my heart that I had what it took to beat Minerva one on one. But two weeks ago, clearly I didn’t.”

Brittany sighs, running her hands down her face.

Kayl: “UGGGGGGGH… do you know how tough it is to actually have to admit that? I’m a proud woman… I’m a proud CHAMPION… but to have that cloud hanging over me pisses me off because despite what happened two weeks ago, I know I CAN STILL BEAT HER! It's just frustrating as hell to have to give someone like Minerva something to hold over my head. Because in the end, she’ll NEVER be for this company what I am!”

She raises her head again, glaring into the camera.

Kayl: “Minerva may be a great athlete. She may be a dangerous competitor. But she does NOT have GCW right here....”

Brittany taps her chest over her heart.

Kayl: “Where it COUNTS. She’ll go to any other company that’ll give her a payday and a stage. I am GCW through and through! You want a Champion to build around? I’m it! Not her, and deep down I think everyone knows that. And if Minerva were actually HONEST, she’d admit it too.”

Brittany sighs, shaking her head.

Kayl: “I’m doing it… I’m doing it again. I promised myself I wouldn’t get worked up over this and here I am getting worked up over this. But again, there’s this cloud hanging over my reign and I will not stop until it’s gone. And if that means facing Minerva again, one on one, with this…”

Finally, she reaches behind her, pulling out the GCW World Championship. Holding it in front of her, she looks at it almost longingly, as though her previous defeat was already a loss of the Championship.

Kayl: “...on the line? I will do that and leave NO DOUBT as to who the BEST WRESTLER IS! Until then... “

Brittany pauses, shaking her head. Finally, she just stands up, taking the belt and walking off. The scene shifts.
==

Last Person Standing Match
Langley Lohan vs David Gibson

The match didn’t start in the ring as you would expect. As soon as Lohan made her entrance, Gibson was there to greet her. Both came to blows immediately.

Gibson did over head belly to belly suplex Lohan into the LED portion of the entrance way. Moments later he tried to pull the same trick only for Lohan to knee him between the legs. Shot him head first into the LED portion of the entrance way. They battled to the back in Gorilla. Rammed each other into walls. Gibson missed with a wild chair shot. Lohan scoop slammed him through a table for Gibson to kick out. Both made their way further into the arena. Found themselves into the women’s bathroom. Gibson tried to powerbomb Lohan into the sink. She countered with a facebuster onto the floor. She backed up. Waited for Gibson to rise. She speared him so hard their momentum took them through the door, back out into the main hallway. But she wasn’t done with him yet. She dragged him to one of the doors that had an exit sign. Waited for him to get up. Another spear taking them to the outside of the arena. Lohan made the cover. Academic from there.

Winner: Langley Lohan.

Malcolm Stride raised Langley’s hand in victory. They walked back in the building. Langley shut the door behind Gibson, leaving him on the outside.

==
[We hear the sound of static being heard and throughout the screen.]

[Then we fade into darkness.]

I'm from the gutter.

Born in the mud.

Raised to hate.

Taught to kill.

I'm a killer without a gun.

I'm a ticking, time bomb.

I'm a disaster.

I am imperfect.

I am poisoned.

I will let you down.

I will disappoint you.

I will make mistakes.

I don't know what I'm doing.

I'm not helpless.

I'm not a victim.

I will fight.

I will fight everyone in GCW.

I will fight the world.

I fight because I like pain.

I fight because I like the thrill.

I fight because I'm good at it.

I fight because that's all I know.

i fight for my future.

I fight to be the best.

I fight for Kowloon.

I fight for you.

Or I fight against you.

[Abruptly, M.A.E.V.E.'s face is up close in front of the camera. Darkness surrounding her. She then grabs the lenses and slaps it to the side.]

==

[In her locker room, we find D'Nae Moore pacing. Dressed in street clothes, white skinny jeans and a cream silk button up top and matching white boots, the former Tag Team Champion is very agitated. Wringing her hands, putting one fist into the other as she paces. After a few back and forth passes, she stops and faces the camera, fist wrapped in her other hand.]

D'Nae: Another Shotgun. Another night off for me. It's almost like the Head Bitch in Charge don't know what to do with me since Illuminaughty took those belts from me and MA. Listen... I ain't mad at 'em. Kinda mad at me since it was me who got caught... but shit happens, you know? They ain't cheat, they ain't played no tricks. They just straight up won. I'm cool with that.

What I'm not cool with? Is being here with nothing to do! My girl got her hands full tonight fighting off three other bitches, but me? I'm back here wearing a ditch in the carpet.

[D'Nae shakes her head, a dry grin on her face.]

D'Nae: I'ma tell you what, though. If anyone thinks I'm gonna take this sitting down or let one loss, one setback, make me go away? Y'all need to get your head checked cause that shit ain't happening! You can't get rid of me that easily, I am here TO STAY. I am here to be as successful as I possibly can, whether any of you think I can or not. I was trained by Jeff Alexander and Amy Chastaine for God's sake! You think either one of them knows what the word quit is? You think they teach their students to just accept being second best?

Hell no!

So while I don't know what's next for me around here, I can guarantee you this.... whatever it is, WHOever it is? I'm gonna meet 'em head on and make all y'all understand that I am FAR from done. I'm just getting started. And whether you wanna admit it or not?

[D'Nae does a little turn, showing her shapely rear end in the tight white jeans. She smirks when she faces the camera again.]

D'Nae: I know everybody wants more. And y'all gonna get more, I promise. You can write that down.

[D'Nae then blows a kiss to the camera, then flips her red-tipped hair back over her shoulder, smirking as we cut away.]

==

Illuminaughty vs Da Bad News Baers

Da Bad News Baers were ready to go. Too bad it didn’t matter. In a one sided affair Katrina and Bella dominated. In the end, Katrina and Bella whip Chris into the ropes. As he comes back, the two women use his momentum to toss him vertically up into the air and as he comes back down, they hit a stereo knees to the head. Bella presses down on Chris for the academic three count.

Winners: Illuminaughty

==

[Roderick Osborn stands backstage with Nadia Allen, dressed in a black leather jacket with a black Blessthefall shirt and black jeans. Her dyed red hair is down as she looks at Roderick.]

Roderick: Roderick Osborn here with Nadia Allen. It's been a month since we saw you fought Brittany Kayl tooth and nail for the Heavyweight Championship. You fell short and I think all of us want to know how are you feeling today?

[Nadia places her hands on her hips before facing Roderick.]

Nadia: I want to say better, but that would be lying. I'm not going to lie to you or anyone. It sucked. It sucked then. It still sucks. I felt like I had her. I took her best shots. I gave her mine. I left it all out there. I thought I had her.

[Nadia lets out a sigh.]

Nadia: I want to be World Champion. it's not a big secret. I've had two chances before that. I really thought that was the time I would finally win it. But...

[Nadia places her hands on her hips again, then looks down at the ground. She picks her head back up.]

Nadia: She beat me and there's no excuse I can make for that. When i looked back at the match to see where I messed up, it was frustrating to know that that match was up for grabs and I came this short. It's not the first time I've fallen short before. Everyone knows my Resurrection record. Everyone knows how long it took me to win a title. Four and a half years here, I've fought for everything that I've wanted and sometimes, the result is failure.

[Roderick looks at Nadia.]

Roderick: So where do you go from here?

[Nadia takes a moment to gather herself.]

Nadia: I keep going. Simple as that. I'm not giving up. I didn't all the other times I fell short. I got here to this point in my life by being really stubborn and having a high threshold of taking a lot of s**t. That doesn't change now. I'm going to fight my way back to getting a World title shot and the next time, I'm going to win it. Whoever I have to fight. Kayl, Minerva, who else? It doesn't matter. As long as I stand, I'm going to fight everyone to get to where I want to be. Nothing can knock me down. and I sure as hell won't allow it to either.

[Nadia looks at Roderick before walking off.]

==

[Suddenly, there's a new shot. It's brighter. kinda. Savino, dressed in a black and yellow Kowloon shirt, black shorts, sweat dripping from his ring. He's inside a dingy ring.]

Savino: Three A.M. I live in the gym. The grind never stops. Been doing this all my life. Saw Akeem a couple of weeks ago. Took care of business in record fashion. Mans a show off. He loves the attention. That's how he rolls. I don't want to the attention to be on me, but on the work. the work I put in. The results that I produce. But I got love for my mans and no matter what that's family.

[Savino holds onto the ropes.]

Savino: You hear that thrown out a lot. Family. I got two siblings. One mother. My family, my blood. They're not close. All I have is them. So when i saw that Akeem and M.A.E.V.E are my family, it takes a new meaning. I'll lay down my life for them. I'll fight by their side. Real talk, anyone jumps them or want to star something with them, you going to see me. Because that's what I'll do for my family. You understand?

[His gaze never leaves the camera.]

Savino: But like my siblings, as much as I would go to war for them, naturally, you can't help but want to compete against them.

[Savino gives a light laugh.]

Savino: It's healthy. Iron sharpens iron. The principle of Kowloon. Iron sharpens iron. Akeem's hustling, M.A.E.V.E.'s hustling. And I'm here, busting my ass to make sure I'm not left behind. it's been a couple months since we got into GCW. Got our feet wet, got acquainted, got cracking. Now this is where we really begin because Akeem, M.A.E.V.E., me....we have different goals. We have different accomplishments that we're after. I'm not going to speak for them but for me, looking at everything on Shotgun, the Heritage title looks like a good start to me. This is me making it clear. I want that title. And I'm going to build my way up. The way I've always done it. Grinding. Hustling.

[Savino pants a bit.]

Savino: I called myself a miserable workhorse the first time I talked on here. That's because of what I put into this. I damn near run myself to the ground with matches, training, day after day after day. I don't play games. I'm all business. Akeem? M.A.E.V.E.? Two people who ain't nothing to f**k with. Whatever they do, it's all for Kowloon. That's what this is. We push one another to our goals by making sure all of us are putting in the work. No shortcuts. No hand outs. We do it clean. We respect the game. We do it the hard way. And if there comes a time where we're standing across one another in this ring? All in the name of love, I'll tear them up from pillar to post. And they would want to rip my head off. Nothing personal.

[Savino leans onto the ropes.]

Savino: When you see any three of us, remember the code. Remember what we stand for. Remember for what we're chasing. I'm not going to disrespect the hard work my family is doing by getting lazy because I got some money. Nor am I going to go a day and let them get ahead of me. Vino's coming. Kowloon is coming. And when you see us, remember the motto.

No words. Just hands.

[FIN]

==

“The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock is dressed to compete and looks ready with an intense fire in her eyes as she stretches in final preparations for her match tonight against Karina Lysenko. Her prep time is interrupted when journalist Dexter Russell steps into view with microphone in hand.

Dexter: Excuse me, Julia?

Braddock stops her stretching and turns to face Dexter. A warm smile forms upon his face.

Julia: Yes, what is it?

Dexter: I was hoping to get a word with you about your match tonight against Karina Lysenko?

Julia: There really isn’t much to say, is there Dexter? I mean, seriously what do you expect from me? The arrogance of my sister? A “worship me” thrown in there good measure? Do you want a fun gimmick? As fun as it may be, it isn’t wrestling and it isn’t me. For too long I’ve allowed myself to be molded by other people. Part of my experience since Resurrection, part of the time I spent locked away in a mental ward, it helped me realize that I need to be me. I need to be my version of Julia Braddock and not someone else’s version of Julia Braddock. That version, my version, hasn’t been around in a very long time. Hell, has she even had a chance to make a debut?

Braddock pauses momentarily to let her words sink in. Then she nods her head.

Julia: I think she already made her debut. She made her debut at Purgatory in a victorious effort in the Shotgun-Livewire Battle Royal. Tonight I keep that momentum going against Karina Lysenko. So what can you and everyone else expect from me, from the real Julia Braddock? You can expect me to go out to that ring and be the absolute best technical wrestler in the world today. You can expect one of the three individuals in wrestling history to make the so-called Best in the World tap out like a little bitch go out there and maybe, just maybe, make Karina Lysenko tap out as well. What can you expect is wrestling; pure, simple wrestling performed by me, The Kensington Knockout.

Dexter: The battle royal at Purgatory was a significant win for you, especially after the huge fall from grace at Resurrection. After this victory what will be next for you?

Julia shrugs her shoulders.

Julia: I don’t know, Dexter. I’m taking this journey of self-discovery one day at a time. If you want to know if I have the same lofty aspirations as the rest of my family then you’re right, I do. If you’re wrestling and you’re not shooting for the highest of highs, if you’re not aiming to one day become World Champion, then you’re in the wrong damn business. No one wants to be called a stepping stone but the fact is every match that leads up to your world championship opportunity is just a stepping stone. So yes, Karina, you are my stepping stone. And I am sure there will be many more stepping stones that will come after that. And I will overcome them all, I will overcome any and every obstacle to be placed before me, so that I can once again call myself a champion.

Julia resumes her stretching. Dexter turns and walks off.

==

Julia Braddock vs Karina Lysenko

The world expected for Julia to bulldoze through Karina with the roll she is on. The match was more competitive than the fans expected. Anatasia on the outside had something to do with it, being a distraction. Overall, Julia did overwhelm Karina. Knocked Anatasia out with a superkick for getting involved too much. Then she finished off Karina with a Cult of Personality (Future Shock DDT) for good measure.

Winner: Julia Braddock.

==

We cut backstage to find Janice King, the only journalist to ever be inducted in the GCW Hall of Fame (and if you don’t believe us she’ll gladly tell you all about it), standing by with “The Phoenix” Marie Annabelle Jones to her left and her identical twin sister “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams standing to her right. Marie looks calm and stoic while Kim seems to have a deranged smirk upon her face.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen I am Janice King, the ONLY journalist to EVER be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame! And my guests at this time are a pair of ladies who picked up a big, albeit controversial, victory over The Sovereign. Please welcome Marie and Kim, better known as Twin Magic.

Marie: Thank you, Janice.

Kim uses her fingers to put bunny ears on Janice. Janice turns to look at Kim and The Woman Scorned quickly pulls her hand away and acts innocent.

Janice: Uh, right...anyway, how can you be proud of the victory you earned two weeks ago on Shotgun?

Kim: Awww aren’t you such a little girl scout? It’s sooooo adorable!

Kimberly pinches Janice’s cheeks.

Kim: You gonna turn me over to the authorities? Am I going to the principal's office? Better yet, am I getting a spanking?

Williams winks knowingly. Janice rolls her eyes.

Janice: Ewww, no! I’m just saying you were not the legal twin, Marie was; and…

Marie: And blah, blah, blah, blah….

Marie steps in, interrupting Janice’s train of thought. The Phoenix pulls the microphone over to her.

Marie: ...we pulled a little switcheroo on Chantel and Kat. Big deal. You act as if The Sovereign are perfect little angels. You act as if The Sovereign would never have resorted to such tactics. I know your head is up their ass, Janice, but let me give you a newsflash; The Sovereign have done things far worse than what Kim here did. She just outsmarted them and that’s what really pisses them off. So are we repentant of what we did? No, not at all. The fact is that sometimes you win by attrition, but the point is that you win and two weeks ago Twin Magic won. We beat the Heritage Champion and X Division Champion.

Janice: I’m sure you think that means you’re entitled to another title match, huh?

Jones chuckles.

Marie: I love how you’re trying to lead me on, Janice. But I’m not going to have a corrupt journalist put words in my mouth. Kimberly I are entitled to nothing. We EARN everything we receive. If Silverstone believes we have earned another shot at those belts, or the tag belts, or any belts on this brand, then we’ll take it. On any given night we can beat anyone on Shotgun. And that, Janice, is the end of this interview.

Marie walks off. Kimberly sticks her tongue out at Janice before following Marie.

==

“Women”

In the locker room by himself Kellen Jeffries is getting ready for his match later on, a four-way dance with three women and himself. It will also be the first match for him since his match at Purgatory against Minerva, a match that changed him in more ways than one. If Kellen needs to be reminded of that last fact, he is now wearing a knee brace over his right knee to provide physical support that he needs. As he puts on the brace before he goes out to the ring Kellen shares his thoughts about the match tonight and concerning his budding rivalry with Minerva also.

Kellen : “I have been a professional wrestler for well over 10 years now and a lot of things have changed in that time. I remember when I first started, women were still competing only for women’s championships for the most part and that was it, but like I have said, things have changed. I for one, really believe women should be able to compete for whatever championships that they want to, something that is good for wrestling.”

Putting the finishing touches on the brace Kellen continues thinking aloud for everyone to hear.

Kellen: “That’s all I want too, what is good for wrestling. I think it will surprise a lot of people but I believe that Minerva is good for wrestling. She certainly wasn’t good for me or my knee at Purgatory, and you had better know Minerva that I have been biding my time the last five weeks thinking of ways that I can even the score with. You know, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a knee for a knee, that sort of thing.”

For a moment, Kellen closes his eyes tightly and says nothing for a few moments before opening his eyes.

Kellen: “Even while I have been spending time healing at home, I have to admit something to you Minerva and this is not easy for me, but you Minerva have earned my respect. You did not try to humiliate me or my wife Amber the way that Jeffrey Alexander had in the past, instead you came right at me and that is what earned my respect. Obviously I didn’t not want or enjoy feeling my knee cracked the way it was at Purgatory and you can bet your ass that I am going to have a receipt for you when the time is right and when will that be?

In a sanctioned match, when you know that it is coming because I know that if the roles were reversed that is the same way that you would come after me. We will have another match between the two of us, Minerva. I can hardly wait for it to happen too because you are the best wrestler I have faced, man or woman in a very long time. You are ruthless, and that will be met with ruthlessness from me.

So be prepared, because I am going to be prepared to give you an ass whipping of a lifetime, but more importantly I am going to prove to you that I can hold the GCW World Championship just like you did.”

Kellen stands up and the camera becomes focused tight on his face while he starts to look very serious.

Kellen: “Until the next chapter in our rivalry though Minerva, I need to be focused on what is right in front of me and believe me I am. So since you are not wrestling tonight anyway, I would like for you to have a ringside seat during my match with Mariah, Miss America, and Livie Nelson.”

Kellen starts snarling.

Kellen: “I want you to pay close attention to everything that I do tonight to this three woman who I know nothing about at all, and I want to understand that everything I do to them, I’m really imagining doing to you!

I am going to get another opportunity to face your Minerva, and when I do, I am going to make you feel the way that you made me feel at Purgatory! I am going to make you wonder whether or not you are able to keep wrestling at all when I attack your knee because Minerva as much as I respect you and I do, I am going to have my revenge one way or another, you can bet on it!”

Static.

==

Mariah vs Miss America vs Kellen Jeffries vs Livve Nelson

Kellen was properly motivated. His first action since his brutal Last Woman Standing Match against Minerva at Purgatory. He went for Mariah first. Miss America squared off with Livvie.

Mariah did go for the knee initially. Kellen was ready. He was a house of fire. Livvie held her own against Miss America. It wasn’t long before she was overwhelmed by a woman who just lost her championship.

Kellen was aggressive, being separated from Mariah he went straight for Miss America.

Livvie tried to take advantage of what Kellen had done to Mariah to score a quick win. But Mariah wasn’t having it. Both women went back and forth. For awhile this is how it remained, Mariah and Livvie. Miss America and Kellen.

There was a point in the match where Mariah and Miss America showing a rare bit of team work when they combined forces to try to put Kellen through a table. Livvie wound up joining them. The three women took out the man who can use his contract to challenge for the World Championship at any time.

Naturally the match became a triple threat after that with all three women jockeying for position.

Mariah and Miss America did double up on Livvie (the other briefcase holder). It didn’t take long before Mariah tried to roll up the former World Tag Team Champion. They came to blows. Livvie didn’t let them kick each others asses for long. Naturally she wanted a piece of the action.

The match comes to a close when Mariah drills Livvie in the face with Starr Struck. Before she can capitalize, Miss America sneaks up from behind, runs Mariah to the ropes and tosses her over the top rope. Miss America then goes to the ropes. Comes down on Livvie with Manifest Destiny. Before she can make the cover, Kellen, who everyone forgot about for some reason, sneaks in like a thief in the night, clocks Miss America upside the head with his briefcase. Gets her out the way to cover on Livvie for the one-two-three.

Winner: Kellen Jeffries.

Kellen gets his arm raised by Robert Downey. He rolls out the ring. Heads to the back. Miss America is awake just enough for the camera to catch her seething. Mariah can be seen rolling her eyes on the outside knowing she could have had the match won as the scene fades.

==

Cameras go backstage to see a man who's not been seen or heard of for almost month on Jody Rainer. He's wearing his wrestling gear, already getting himself in the ring against a girl he's always wanted to have a one on one match with, Brooklyn Smith. He hadn't had the opportunity to do what he does best for a while. However, he has a smirk on his face before he starts to talk.

Jody Rainer: "Yes, the giant piece of shit is back. Don't care if you haven't missed me because I sure as fuck haven't missed any of you worthless fucks backstage and in the crowd of competiting. Let's say I got enough money now after buying a caravan to live to finally be able to go to a wrestling school and learn moves. Well, not a wrestling school any of you fucks know, but still, got some money to be an even better wrestler than I was before."

The other thing Jody had to address was what happened at the PPV, regarding being choked and attacking Brooklyn with a chair.

Jody Rainer: "All Slade proved to me was that he's a fake piece of trash on preaching how he's turned a corner, but he hasn't, it's him being a lying and a fake piece of shit. I was not affected by choking by the way. I'm not going to cry on camera and make people feel sorry for me, not that sort of man who'd do that pussy shit. Did it knock me out? Yeah for sure, but it means I got to be an even bigger piece of shit, going to levels of going farther than what Slade did. If Slade comes tonight, I will choke him, but it won't be with my hands, it'll be with a god damn barb wire. I will make sure he won't be breathing if he even thinks he'll come out to interrupt the match, giving Brooklyn a win."

Jody smiles, seemingly not affect him behaving in any way. He was proud of the hatred Slade gave to him at the PPV.

Jody Rainer: "Brooklyn Smith doesn't see the trash man Slade is, and she's fake to defend for that piece of scum he is. He acts nice to you because he's afraid of pissing you off. Me, on the other hand, I'm not, and the smacking across your back with a chair made me feel good about myself. You can expect me to knock your ass out, well depending on if your butt friend doesn't come to interrupt the match, handing you the win, proving my point you're incapable of wrestling a match and beating me without Slade by your side. I don't need help unlike you to wrestle and win matches. Your weak, nice ass will see that for yourself when I batter you in the ring, using everything it takes to beat you, and I'll be ready for Slade when I use a weapon to choke his rotten ass out."

Once again, Jody receives boos from many fans around him.

Jody Rainer: "I will always be a better wrestler than you, even just us on our own, giving you a taste of what being nice to everyone around you gets you; it doesn't get anyone anywhere. At least I've never been given perfect treatment because perfection is boring. Being nice to everyone around you is even more boring, making me question as to why you're even a wrestler? Of course, that's where my extended skills of improving in the ring will only be a start of Jody Rainer being dominating and being the biggest piece of shit in GCW. It's a start to a war of Jody against the whole GCW world. Watch out when I'll pin your disgusting ass for the three count."

Jody laughs as he walks away from the backstage area, going in his locker room as the cameras go back to ringside at Shotgun for the next match to take place on the show.

==

Backstage, Sam Price stands front and center, smiling.

Sam Price: "Welcome back to Shotgun. Tonight's main event is one a long time in the making. Two former X-Division Champions collide when Jody Rainer faces off against Brooklyn Smith, who joins me now."

On cue, Brooklyn Smith walks into the scene, getting a huge ovation from the crowd, causing her to smile. She waves and blows kisses before Giving her attention to Price.

Sam: "Brooklyn, you and Jody have had many confrontations going back several months. Tonight, it's you and him, one on one. What do you expect tonight?"

Brooklyn: "Well, Sam, let me back up a little. Jody came to Shotgun with a bad attitude and a sad story. He picked a fight with the wrong people, and I wanted to reach out to him. I mean, he kept saying that no one offered to help him, no one gave a shit about him, right? I had a few people, like Jess and Brit..."

Sam: "Jessica Lasiewicz and Brittany Kayl?"

Brook nods.

Brooklyn: "Yep. They told me to stay away from Jody. He wasn't worth the effort, no matter how noble my intentions were. So I did, for a while. Then came the handicap match. Jody was in a four-on-one match with no chance in hell of winning. Enough was enough and I went out to help him. What did that get me, Sam? Attacked...not by Sovereign, but by Jody, himself.

So, there are a couple of take-aways here, Sam.

First, I should listen to my friends. Love you girls!

Second, Jody didn't want help. He wanted to bitch and moan and be miserable because that's all he knows. To be frank, Sam, I doubt if he ever lived on the streets! Who can believe a word that comes out of his mouth...when he's not dropping an endless quantity of F-bombs and worse. I have absolutely no respect for him, and tonight, I want to put him behind me. I'm done with his lies and his cheap shots and his vulgarity. I'm done wasting my time on people who don't respect my help or effort. I'm too good for the likes of Jody Rainer. I'm going to continue doing my thing...and tonight, that means putting that foul-mouth shit in his place."

The fans pop at Brooklyn's strong words. Price waits a few moments before asking his next question.

Sam: "What about Sovereign? Specifically, Chantelle Chambers and Aubrianna Powers?"

Brooklyn: "What about them? They are two of the best in this company, but I have absolutely no respect for how they conduct themselves. They are both multi-time World Champions, but they act like a couple of schoolyard bullies. Just because we compete in a violent sport doesn't mean we have to act like bullies. Sadly, few wrestlers get that. I'm not looking for a fight with either of them, but if they have a problem with me? I'm not hard to find."

Sam: "Finally, are you and Slade Merriman an official tag-team?"

Brooklyn: "It's funny, I consider myself one-half of High Voltage, even though we've only teamed together once over the past three years. My other half, Olivia is about to become a mommy...Hi Liv! She may never return to wrestling. I never considered another tag partner because I don't think I could ever click with someone like I did with Liv. That opinion hasn't changed, but it is good to have friends. It's also important have complete trust in a tag-team partner if you are going to persue tag-team wrestling. I am a singles wrestler first, but I trust Slade completely. I don't know if we're an 'official team,' per se, but yes, we are a team and I will go into battle with him by my side without any hesitation. Does that make sense?"

Sam smirks.

Sam: "Completely. Thanks for your time Brooklyn, and we're all routing for you tonight."

Smith smiles.

Brooklyn: "Not very unbiased of you, Sammy...thank you."

Brook surprises Price with a quick hug before she waves out to the cheering crowd, who she can't see but can hear loud and clear. She walks off.

==

Main Event:
Brooklyn Smith vs Jody Rainer

This was never going to be a wrestling match. Judging by how personal things have been between the two, both were going to give the crowd everything they had.

Jody didn’t seem to have an answer at first for the storm Brooklyn brought. He appeared caught off guard or his absolute arrogance didn’t allow him to take Brooklyn seriously. In any event the years of experience Brooklyn brought to the table Jody had no answers for at first.

Brooklyn made a rare mistake. While Jody was on the outside, Brooklyn jumped off the apron and attempted a huricanrana. To which Jody used his strength to stop her moment, then powered her into the barricade. He didn’t let go. He swung her again, crashing her into the barricade. And one more time for good measure.

Back in the ring for the next couple minutes there was no science to Jody’s madness. Kicks. Punching. Choking. When Brooklyn tried to get herself back into things, poke to the eyes. Jody was in rare form.

Jody went for the rare top rope move. He missed, proving why he shouldn’t go to the top rope.

Brooklyn mounted a fiery comeback. All was going good until Jody caught Brooklyn, dropping her with a spinebuster.

Jody screamed to the crowd “THAT’S IT.” He rolled out the ring. He stormed to the time keeper to grab a steel chair. He slid in the ring. Brooklyn was rising to her feet. Luckly for her, she was facing the tron, so when Jody mindlessly swung the chair she was able to duck. She kicked him in the inner thigh. Wasn’t a low blow. The impact was enough for Jody to drop the chair. A scowl formed on Brooklyn’s face. She applied a front face lock to Jody, spiked his head to the mat with a thunderous DDT. She wasn’t finished. She picked him up. Drove his head into the mat with a SECOND DDT. She repeated the action. THIRD DDT. Wanting this to end. She climbed to the top. With a sigh she leapt off the top rope, driving her leg across Jody’s neck, completing The Night Cap. All she wrote from that point.

Winner: Brooklyn Smith

Senior official Malcolm Stride raised Brooklyn’s arm in the air. She didn’t seem to care. She looked at the chair still in the ring. Grabbed it, Malcolm pleaded with Brooklyn not to do what she was thinking. Staring at the chair she goes to put it down, in a moment everyone can understand she smashed the chair into Jody’s back once, twice, three times. She then tossed the chair out the ring, screaming in frustration. She dropped to her knees, the emotional weight of all she has been through with Jody finally getting a proper outlet. Slade Merriman runs down to the ring. He gives Brooklyn a hug.

All of a sudden Chantelle and Aubrey walk out on the ramp. Both women clap their hands, giving Brooklyn a round of applause. Brooklyn can be seen rolling her eyes as the show closes on Chantelle and Aubrey showing Brooklyn that Jody may be in her rearview mirror, her next challenge loomed ahead.