Le retour de Krissy: Krissy's Exclusive Interview

Lo-Drew

Le retour de Krissy: Krissy's Exclusive Interview

Post by Lo-Drew » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Tuesday, July 7th, 2020. That was the last time Krissy stepped foot in a GCW ring; in a losing effort against then GCW Global Champion Andrew Raynes. Furious over Pete Floyd allowing Raynes to force Krissy to wrestle twice in a tournament to determine the next Global Championship contender a few weeks prior, Krissy has gone radio silence. She allowed her GCW contract to expire, becoming a free agent in the process. Rumors began to swirl about where Krissy would wrestle next, as word about her potentially signing with Supreme Championship Wrestling. Reports have now come in regarding Krissy's contract demands and the divide between her and GCW management to come to terms with a new contract. This divide carried over between Krissy and her now former agent Trevor Cash, with the culmination being Krissy allegedly firing Cash at the doorsteps of GCW headquarters.

After a near eight month absence, Krissy returned to GCW last week, distracting Cash's new client Nava Farrin, in a match for the GCW International Championship. The day after, the terms of her contract became public knowledge, drawing talk from fans and wrestles alike. Whether this was a way to get back at Cash or not, Krissy has made her statement loud and clear. She is back. We talk to Krissy about what she's been up to these past eight months, why she decided to fire Cash and what should we expect from her going forward.

[This interview was conducted on Sunday, February 7th, 2021]

-To start off Krissy, I wanted to ask what was your mentality negotiating your contract with GCW and why did it take this long to agree on a deal?

Krissy: I know my worth. What happened in that tournament still til this day upsets me. I thought it was not just malpractice on Pete Floyd's part to let [Andrew] Raynes dictate me wrestling twice in the tournament but it was indefensible. How do an authority figure give the power to the champion to determine that some wrestler have to wrestle twice in the same night in a tournament that's suppose to determine a worthy challenger to the top tile on the brand and not come off as incompetent at best and corrupted at worst? He, being an authority figure, was an ambassador for them and if this was something they were going to let happen, then I wasn't going to be here. I'm not going to let clear corruption interfere with my career and stifle my worth. There's a slew of other wrestling companies who were interested in me, that know what I can do in the ring and quite frankly I knew there were more options than just GCW.

-There was a report that stated as long as Pete Floyd was still in GCW, you refused to come back. Is there any truth to this?

Krissy: Absolutely. He lost all credibility to me the moment he gave Raynes the green light to do what he did to me. I know there's been chatter among the wrestlers regarding feeling they are being underutilized recently. While I haven't been seen in GCW, I still very much pay attention to everything that goes on. However, those wrestlers that complain about how the company is treating them will do nothing about it. They will shake their fist and insist that they're going to prove management wrong. What they fail to realize is that they're running in a hamster wheel in which nothing is going to change unless they know their worth and do something about it. But those people have brought into the notion about "grabbing the brass ring" as it's commonly said in the wrestling business. I am not one of those people.

-So you sat out because you felt as if GCW didn't understand your worth?

Krissy: I sat out because I wanted a better contract. There were some talks about a new deal around Resurrection last year, but there was nothing they offered that particularly interested me.

-Some of the demands that you made apparently befuddled GCW management.

Krissy: That doesn't surprise me. The things that I asked for, to me, were not just fair but a way of reminding GCW of my worth. I quickly put myself in the class of the best wrestlers on the brand. I won the International Championship. I pushed forward new ideas as for how we determine contenders. I did all of this under the age of 25 and to have a wrestler my age who has done all that I've done already since being here, the trajectory is over going to go up. if there's anything wrestling companies value is wrestlers under 25, who attract people's interest like myself and has already been proven as an in ring talent. I'm not surprised that GCW was miffed by the things I asked for simply because the majority of wrestlers don't come to the table and think of themselves like commodities. Those same wrestlers that have recently been voicing their frustrations about the lack of chances that they have gotten would accept any money deal thee companies would offer them because they don't think big picture. They've never done that.

-You signed a one year deal, which drew some eyebrows among fans, fellow wrestlers, management. The term that was used in that report was that you are "betting on yourself." Why did you push for such a short term deal?

Krissy: I wanted to get everything that I wanted and everything that I thought I deserved. There were things that I asked for that I didn't quite get in this one, however, for the most part I got everything I wanted. I don't think it's smart at all to sign long term deals in the current wrestling landscape. So much can change. Two years ago, Emerge was still around. Two years from that time, you had Emerge, you had Cartel Nxt Gen, you had UWA. It's a completely different landscape now that it was a year ago, two years ago, three years ago and personally, I thought it was smart to push for a year. Because next year, things can be different. Also, like I mentioned, there were certain things in GCW that I wasn't fond for at all. Pete Floyd being one of them. So I don't see the benefit of signing a three year, four year deal and shit like what happened with me and Pete Floyd becomes the norm. I refuse to be mishandled like that and I'm not going to allow myself to be put in a situation that's bad with no way to escape it.

-There was a few perks that were reported that stuck out to me. One, you denied GCW access to use your likeness for the video game. Explain what was the thinking behind that?

Krissy: Are you familiar with what Michael Jordan did in 1992? How he took his likeness from the NBA and they couldn't put him into their video games?

-Yes I'm familiar with that.

Krissy: So I looked into that as the negotiation period was going on. I was curious to find out what prompted him to do this. Ultimately, from what I gathered and what I had got from him was that he wanted full control of his likeness and everything involving him. It's well documented that al the promotional videos that I've done, al the gear that I wear, my entrance, the way the lighting is placed, all of that is of my doing. Along with knowing your worth, I also know the only person that can lead me to where I want to go is myself and my image means a lot to me. Personally I'm not a fan of video games. I think they're pretty mindless and it's proven that playing for multiple hours negatively affects you ability to critically think and process different material. I think it's a cheap source of stimulation that pales in comparison to reading a book or learning how to write left handed or learning another language. All things that I've done and do to pass time by.

-So this was a matter of ensuring that you control everything involving your image?

Krissy: I don't want a cheap, inaccurate representation of me. Which I think video games are. Sure they made get my moves and they may get some of my entrance correct. But video games can't capture all that I do. And I don't want a false representation of me in anything. Anything that you see of me, it's going to capture everything about me and the only person that can do that is me. I don't care for video games like I mentioned. I understand the money I'm leaving on the table and I'm sure there's people that are upset that they can't play me in the next GCW video game. That's not of my concern, however. I'm going to protect my image and I'm going to make sure if I'm involved in anything without me controlling it, it's accurate to who I am.

-You mentioned learning another language. We know in the past you've shown that you can speak French really well. Is that something you did during the hiatus? What are some things you did on your time away?

Krissy: Yes I became fluent in Spanish. So now that's three languages that I can speak fluently[English, French and Spanish]. I did that in August. I took Spanish throughout my schooling but since graduation, with French and with Spanish, I've periodically have taken classes to learn. Now I'm learning Italian. I've always wanted to learn and I had a lot of time on my hands so I've been practicing. I'm currently at a fourth grade level. It's something that I enjoy doing and when I have kids I'm going to teach them all those languages. I honestly think it's quite sad that most Americans only know English and don't strive to learn other languages. I think because it requires hard work and not instant gratification that people shy away or don't try at all and especially in wrestling. I wish I could speak to the audience in French or Spanish, but I'm aware that I can't do that because the majority of the audience has never bothered to learn. It's unfortunate.

-You still manage to throw in some French in every video that you do.

Krissy: It's a beautiful language and I love being able to speak it. What else did I do I read a lot of books. I've read The Art of Seduction. I re-read How to Win Friends and Influence People. Think and Grow Rich was another book that I read. I had a lot of sex.

-Oh.

Krissy: Yeah there were many nights that I didn't sleep alone in my bed. It was a way of treating myself and it doesn't take much for me to pull someone. Let's just keep it at that. I became ambidextrous finally. I've been learning how to write left handed for about five years now and now I'm at a point where I'm just as effective with my left hand as I am with my right. I wanted to do that because I thought it would be a neat skill to pick up, but once I became a wrestler, I thought if I'm able to develop this skill, that's going to help with my striking. If I'm good with both hands, that's going to cause a lot of trouble for my opponents. I traveled the world a bit. i went to Monaco. I went to Venice. I went to London because there's this playhouse that I've always wanted to go to. And so I spent a week there and went to the theaters and it was what i wanted. I did a lot. I kept myself busy.

-Going back to your contract. You and Trevor Cash. It's known that you two have known each other for about four years. You told the story about how you declined his offer to manage you in 2017, but then finally agreed two years later and that's what got the ball rolling for Reverie. All the reports that we've heard seem to suggest the both of you were not on the same page and that resulted in you choosing to fire him. Could you share with us more about this?

Krissy: I don't want to share too much because it's personal. However, I think Trevor is a very ambitious person. He's someone who's always forward thinking and have a lot of business savvy. He has a great eye for talent and he's very intelligent from a marketing standpoint. That's why when I came up with Reverie, i wanted to work with him because I knew he would be the perfect person to assist me in leading my vision. I've always known that he has goals of expanding his reach within wrestling. He's been waiting for an opportunity to do so for years. So him securing the right to manage Aia for five matches. That doesn't surprise me. We had talked about the idea of doing Reverie International and tapping into his overseas connections that he built from Franklin Myers, to be quite frank. But, it became clear to me as we talked about this contract and the advice he was giving me, that we wanted two different things. That became more clear to me when he sought out Nava and convinced her to manage her.

-By disconnect, what do you mean?

Krissy: He advised me to come back sooner. He was telling Silverstone that I was ready to talk when I wasn't. It's clear to me that what he wants is power and he wants to acquire power in GCW. And him and Silverstone have done business before and doing right by her allows him to network and angle for more power. He wanted me to sing long term, I'm assuming because by doing so, that continues to earn good will with GCW. I didn't want to sign a long term deal, especially after what happened with Floyd. When he expanded and took Nava as a client, that's when I decided that we weren't going to partner up. His aspirations do nothing for me. I understand that he wants to become a big time wrestling agent, but that's not what I signed up for when we talked about Reverie. Reverie was suppose to be able executing my vision and him representing Nava doesn't fit that. That does nothing for me.

-How would you explain costing Nava her championship match last week and by proxy screwing Trevor over?

Krissy: It was my way of letting him know what he gave up by making the choices that he made. And that I'm back.

-You haven't mentioned Dianna Kruse and Gloria Velaquez. We've heard that you haven't talked to them since July 7th. Is there any animosity between you and them?

Krissy: Not at all. There's nothing to talk about. They're doing their thing. Good for them. But again it's not what i envisioned Reverie to be. Part of that is on Floyd for pushing me to sit down. Part of that is Maxwell[St John] leaving. It didn't go according to plan and so I don't have anything to say to them.

-I see. Well, now you're back, as you mentioned. You will return to the ring for the first time in eight months against Nava at Civil War. I'm assuming you'll also be in the Civil War match itself. What can we expect to see from you after all these months?

Krissy: Everyone's going to see what was going to happen before I left. It's not lost on me that [Isabella] Harker capitalized off of Raynes unfairly forcing me to wrestle twice, used that to win the tournament and became World Champion when I had outsmarted her and out wrestled her at Resurrection, in February of last year. I know that I can beat her and I know she hadn't figured me out at all. Even more so that she ran to HERstory Makers and used them to win the title after years of preaching to everyone that she was incapable of failing to corruption. It's interesting how that played out.

-She has become a complete 180 of what we were used to seeing with her.

Krissy: I'm not surprised. All people are capable of turning their backs on their beliefs if it comes down to getting what they want. Personally, I feel robbed that i was denied the opportunity to challenge her and Raynes and Lenore[Mason] and Vessey. Seeing that those four are the ones fighting over the Global title, to me I look at that and know that I would have been in that mix had things went differently. But, I've refined my strikes. I trained in Brazil for a bit and there I worked on adding to my kicks. In hindsight I think I made a mistake adding muscle last year so I lost that and really focused on toning my body and I feel looser. I feel a bit lighter on my feet. I don't think Nava is going to be able to match up with me. I just think the way I see wrestling is so far ahead of everyone else. I've heard snickers throughout the years about my theater background and how that makes me less equipped for something as physical as wrestling. But what they fail to realize is when you're performing, you have to be aware of different cues, the audience and your surroundings. When you're on stage, you have to factor in how much space you have and really use that. Well with wrestling, there' a lot of space. The ring is 20x20, you have outside the ring, you have the turnbuckles and you have the ropes. So my background helps me be situational awareness of when I'm by the ropes, when my opponent is by the ropes, ok I can cut off this side of the ring, I can cut off that side of the ring. I don't think people see it that way and that always gives me an advantage.

-I never thought about it that way.

Krissy: Most people don't. I've been out of the ring for eight months. I'm ready to go. I have the motivation. I have the contract that I want and I know I can reach the top of GCW. I think these eight months were a disruption for what i think is inevitable. I don't think it's going to take long for me to prove that I belong in the class of the Vesseys and the Masons and the Harkers and the Kayls and the Chambers'. I know I'm as good as all of them and I know I can be as big of a star, if not more, than them. And I look forward to proving that to Nava, to GCW, to the world. I've always relished performing and being on a stage and I'm going to use this stage to propel myself above everyone. Or at least I won't accept anything less. That's the goal.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”