admin
Site Admin

The Julia Foundation

Post by admin » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 pm

==========
London, England
Off Camera
==========

This modest home just within the borders of London, England, a home that was once occupied by the European wrestling legend Glenn Braddock is now home to his youngest daughter, a woman who recently won the 2021 Civil War Match and will compete for the GCW World Championship in the main event of Resurrection X, “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. Currently Braddock finds herself in the living room watching tape of her Resurrection opponent, the new GCW World Champion Nadia Allen. Julia Braddock is wearing a white knee length pencil skirt, a white matching blazer, and a black silk blouse underneath. She is perched atop black patent leather high heel pumps. A doorbell ringing echoes throughout the home. A smile forms upon the face of Braddock.

“Come in, it’s unlocked!” She shouts loudly. This is a small, modest home. She knows who is there at the door; she was expecting his arrival. She knows he can hear and will come in. She waits patiently and, sure enough, the figure of Henry Van Stanton emerges in the room. Julia turns her head and smiles brightly, warmly, upon seeing the arrival of Van Stanton.

“There you are, Henry. You’re running a little late, I was beginning to get worried about you.”

“I was held up.” Henry remarks. He gazes at her suspiciously. “To be perfectly frank, I was rather surprised that you even called. I haven’t heard from you or your sister since Resurrection VIII.”

Braddock nods her head. “That’s right. We’re coming up on the tenth Resurrection.”

“Oh I know, I have been keeping up. I watched you win the Civil War Match. I am damn proud of you.”

“Thank you, Henry.” She pats the sofa seat next to her. “Now have a seat, please.”

Van Stanton nods. He then makes his approach to the sofa and then sits down next to the blonde. He gazes deep into her eyes, trying to get a read off of her.

“I admit that I am still surprised that you called, considering how The Fix ended.”

“There’s no need to beat yourself over that, Henry. The simple fact is that you, me, Hannah, Kendra, Destiny, all of us, we were all fooled by your brother’s lies and manipulation. He betrayed us, he betrayed all of us. You always did right by me, Henry.”

“Does your sister share the same opinion of me?”

She sighs and shakes her head. “You are a Van Stanton. I doubt she will ever let go of that grudge.”

“Fair enough, and it isn’t like my family has ever done anything to endear ourselves to you and Glory.”

“Still, I wish Glory would learn to let go of some of these grudges.” She smiles knowingly. “I am working on that, however.”

“It would be nice to receive her forgiveness, but I’m not holding my breath on that.” Henry frowns. “But I doubt that you wanted to call me here to discuss our family feud, did you Julia?”

“I did not.” She stands up. “Do you want a drink?”

“That would be great, thank you.”

She walks away, exiting the room. A few minutes later she returns with two glasses of wine. She hands one to Henry and she keeps the other. She returns to her seat on the sofa next to Henry.

“The name is Chastity, by the way.”

“Excuse me?”

“We are about to engage in a business deal, Henry. Julia Braddock is an excellent wrestler but piss poor when it comes to business. It was as Julia Braddock that I allowed myself to get fooled by your brother. My mother, her royal majesty Aphrodite Noel, knows how to manage a kingdom. Any and all future corporate or business dealings will be done under the name Chastity Noel.”

“And as a wrestler…”

“Julia Braddock. The name Braddock carries weight and respectability. As Julia Braddock I am more focused and a far superior wrestler than when I am in the mindset of Chastity Noel. This main event at Resurrection X against Nadia Allen for the World Championship is going to be the fight of my life. Nadia’s dream just came true, well I need to turn her dream into a nightmare in order to fulfill my dream. So I have to be at my very best and as a wrestler Julia Braddock is the very best version of myself. Do you understand?”

“That’s fair. Now what sort of business deal are you suggesting?”

“It’s more of a vision really. I call it The Julia Foundation. Dreams can become difficult to achieve, Henry. But it can be even more difficult when you have no true direction in life and someone is pressuring you to achieve greatness anyway. Are you following me?”

Henry nods his head as he sips on the wine. He knows exactly what she is talking about. Her father had been a successful wrestler on the European circuit, her sister had been a former world champion, and Julia was expected to continue the family line of great wrestlers. Julia did not take to wrestling as quickly as her father or sister did. And the pressure she faced from her family didn’t help matters. Eventually she snapped under the pressure and succumbed to drug use in order to help ease the stress. This was how she got involved with Aphrodite Noel in the first place. Julia’s drug use was spiraling out of control and she went to Aphrodite for help. She paid off the debt Julia owed to the drug dealers and then she helped Julia overcome the addiction.

“My story is but one of many stories. I got lucky. Aphrodite rescued me, that is why I devoted myself to her and am loyal to her as an adopted daughter. Other people do not get that lucky. Others fall through the cracks because they do not have anyone to care, they do not have anyone to help them as I had with Aphrodite. This foundation will exist to help people of all shapes and sizes in all matter of crises that they may find themselves in, whether it is an addiction, domestic abuse, whatever.”

“That sounds noble. Where do you plan to get the money to set this up? I heard my brother took most of your assets.”

Braddock nods her head. “Unfortunately he did, but I do have another source of financial security.”

“May I ask what that source happens to be?”

“It isn’t important. I just need to know if you are willing to help.”

“I would like to know what I am getting into,” he says as he studies her carefully “but it is a noble cause. What would you need me for?”

“I require your legal expertise to help me get things set up and started. After it begins officially I will technically no longer need you, but you are welcome to stay on board and assist as long as you like. I won’t turn anyone willing to help me help others. That’s all I want, Henry...I just want to help others who were in similar situations as myself.”

She extends a hand for a handshake. “What do you say?”

Henry looks at her hand for a moment, pausing to think it over. Finally he accepts the handshake. “I can set things up for you. It’s the least I can do considering what my family put you and your sister through. And as I’ve said twice already, it is a noble cause.”

“Thank you, Henry. And remember, this is to be in the name of Chastity Noel.”

“I will make it happen...Chastity.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”