Shotgun 10.05 <results>

randy

Shotgun 10.05 <results>

Post by randy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:59 pm

"Born for This" hits the sound system in the American Airlines Arena, and the Dallas crowd roars, knowing who's music they are hearing. Not a moment later, Brooklyn Smith, wearing a blue sundress, her hair hanging loose, comes down to the ring. She slaps hands along the way, then accepts a microphone from ringside before climbing into the ring. Her music fades, but the cheering does not. In fact, a chant of "Brooklyn! Brooklyn!" erupts, causing the brunette beauty and fan favorite to giggle.

Brooklyn: "Hello Dallas! How are y'all?!"

More cheering and chanting from the crowd. Another laugh from Smith.

Brooklyn: "You know, it's been some time since I've addressed you all from the center of the ring like this. I'm sure all you GCW faithful watched Livewire last week, right?"

The audience confirms this and Brook nods.

Brooklyn: "I mean, wow Isabella! Maybe I should have kept my comments to myself over Twitter a couple of weeks ago, and I would have had I known I'd be starting a freakin' World War. I NEVER said you don't deserve to be in the GCW Hall of Fame, and I NEVER said you weren't allowed to be proud of this accomplishment! You should be! But your tweet was like, I don't know...like you expected the World to be throwing you a ticker tape parade in light of the announcement, and anything less was an insult! Am I missing something? Isn't that what Night 2 of Resurrection is for? So yeah, I called you out for whining that the Earth didn't stop revolving around the Sun in light of the announcement that Isabella Harker was being inducted into the Hall. Yes, you are worthy of the Hall. Yes, you deserve to be proud of being inducted into the Hall. But, expecting the entire World to bow down and kiss your ass?"

Brook shakes her head.

Brooklyn: "If you are feeling disrespected by the fans, Isabella, you have nobody to blame except yourself. YOU turned your back on the great fans of GCW! You showed disrespect to the people who pay your salary! You made the choice and now you have to live with that decision! Look, the pro wrestling industry is far from perfect. I understand you were frustrated with some things. You were right last week about one thing. I can relate with some of your grievances. In fact, I do have a confession to make."

Smith sighs and the crowd is hushed.

Brooklyn: "So, a few weeks ago, as everyone knows, the 2021 GCW Hall of Fame inductees were announced. All inductees, as always, are deserving of their induction. For some reason, it bothered me that I was not one of them. I have been in GCW for a little over five years now. I was one-half of the second longest reigning World Tag-Team Champions, an X-Division Champion, a North American Champion, a Civil War winner, and for a few seconds, I was even World Champion. Please, no applause. This is what was going through my mind. I was having a moment of arrogance, for which I am now ashamed. I'm no one special. I don't have a claim to the Hall over anyone else. So, I spoke to a couple of my closest friends, and they reminded me that I'm, well, human, and I'm allowed to feel selfish sometimes. Maybe that's true, but I'm done. I'm done feeling self-entitled. You want to know what I'm going to do? I'm going to prove to the Hall of Fame committee, Tabitha Silverstone, Gloria Braddock, and, all of you that I am one of the very best in GCW! Instead of saying I should be in the GCW Hall of Fame, I'm going to come out here, show after show, and prove that I belong in the GCW Hall of Fame!"

The Dallas fans, who have been hanging on Brook's every word, roar their approval. Brooklyn finds a camera and looks directly into it.

Brooklyn: "That brings me back around to you, Isabella. Last week, you put forth a challenge to me. A challenge to face you at Resurrection X, the biggest wrestling event of the year. Well, Isabella...I accept!"

More cheers from the audience, and they start chanting her name again.

Brooklyn: "I will face you at Resurrection X, Isabella. Not because I need you to raise me up, like you so eloquently put it! I don't need anyone to do that for me! I know I'm one of the best on this roster. I am more motivated than ever to prove it, and if the road to the GCW World or Global Championship starts with you...then I will meet you head on! And for the record, I have NOT given up fighting the good fight!"

Paramore hits the sound system again, and Smith exits the ring, mingling with her fans as Shotgun cuts to the back.

--

We open backstage where we find GCW Hall of Fame Journalist (one of them, anyway) Janice King. With her is Mason Van Stanton, clad in a black suit. He is flanked by his clients, none other than Karen and Melanie McBride of The McBride Corporation and the enormous Assassin Clyde Sutter.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen I am the very first journalist to be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame, they can’t take THAT away from me damn it!

The beautiful blonde sighs as she tries to control herself.

Janice: And with me at this time are my guests, Mason Van Stanton and his clients The McBride Corporation and Clyde Sutter. We heard on Shotgun two weeks ago that Mr. Sutter would have an opportunity at Resurrection to earn a contract to compete for GCW. But tonight you get the chance to…

Mason: Let me stop you right there, Janice. You may be a Hall of Famer but the fact is that I know where this is going. So let’s not beat around the bush shall we?

He motions to Clyde Sutter.

Mason: This awesome specimen has already beaten your Resurrection main event and Civil War Match winner. And alongside Karen and Melanie McBride they all own victories over the former World Tag Team Champions, Wrestling’s Most Wanted. So does Mr. Sutter deserve a contract? Yes. Does The McBride Corporation deserve a tag team championship opportunity? Yes. But is that good enough for a company run by Glory Braddock?

He shakes his head.

Mason: No, it isn’t.

Janice: But Silverstone…

Mason: I know what you’re going to say, Silverstone is the general manager and she runs the shows. She books the cards. But don’t tell me that Braddock isn’t secretly playing politics to hold my clients back. But that’s fine, as good as Braddock may be at playing politics she cannot hold back pure talent. And what you have here with Mr. Sutter and The McBride Corporation is pure talent. Tonight you will get to see what The McBride Corporation can do in tag team action. And then at Resurrection we will defeat Hannah, Kendra, and Destiny and then nothing will ever again hold back my client Clyde Sutter.

Janice: But what about your match tonight against a member of Wrestling’s Most Wanted?

Van Stanton smirks devilishly.

Mason: Ah yes, another silly attempt by Silverstone to intimidate me or punish me? Or was this more of Braddock’s doing? Nevertheless, what they forget is that I am a trained wrestler. Not only am I a trained wrestler but I know my opponent better than anyone else. Because I was the manager of Hannah and Kendra both for a long time. So tonight it doesn’t matter whether it’s Hannah or Kendra, I will humble Wrestling’s Most Wanted. Because The Fix is in…

--

The McBride Corporation In Action.

The Mr. & Mrs. El Perro were Mel and Karen’s opponents this week. Not that they needed him there, Clyde Sutter stood at ringside. The McBride Corp made short work of The El Perros when Melanie connected with a springboard shooting star into a ddt onto Mrs. El Perro while Karen completed Nirvana with a springboard asai moonsault for the pin.

Winners: The McBride Corporation

After the bell rang, Mr. El Perro was dragged out of the ring by Clyde Sutter. He power bombed El Perro once, held on, lifted him up, power bombed him twice, held on. Lifted him up. Transitioned into an F5 to complete the Judge, Jury, & Execution. El Perro’s leg violently crashed into the ring post prior to dropping to the mat like an object falling from a skyscraper. He joins The McBrides in the ring. Instructs The McBrides to hold Mrs. El Perro up. He charges as the masked luchador, knocking her out with a Claymore Kick he calls Unforgiven. The McBrides smile at this handiwork. “Unforgiven” by Metallica plays as The McBrides and Clyde stand tall in the ring.

--

[Pre-Recorded]

[Mara Kade and Siouxsie Blade stand backstage, side by side, with each wearing their respective set of Global Tag Team belts draped over their shoulders. Mara is sporting a “Mr. and Mrs. Charles” black and white t-shirt with black jeans while Siouxsie wears a black, red and white “Mara Kade World Tour” t-shirt.]

Mara: Siouxsie’s back!

[Mara points to Siousie.]

Mara: Been a while since we were both seen in the same place, same time. She took free advantage of the time on her hands as I was here, holding it down for Scream Machine. Beware everyone, Siouxsie is refreshed, rested, and more dangerous than normal.

[Siouxsie starts shadow boxing as Mara talks.]

Mara: There hasn’t been much Scream Machine lately. Not for long. Resurrection is coming up. We’re on the road to Resurrection. It’s been too long. Absence makes the heart fonder and all that shit. I’ve dabbled in some personal battles. I’ve lost some of those unfortunately. But this is what feels right. Me and Sioux against all of you. Scream Machine against the world. Nothing has changed. You hear about this tourney they got set up for Resurrection?

[Siouxsie nods.]

Mara: Yeah, it’s real interesting. Those Bad Bastards were simping so much that they forgot to tell Silverstone who they wanted to face. It’s fucking bizaree. I can’t even joke about it. That’s just weird. And they might be announcing something? It’s just fucking weird. Anyways, Night 1 of Resurrection. Nine teams. Three different matches and then the winners of those matches end up facing each other later on in a three way match and the winner of that match faces us on Night 3 of Resurrection. How’s that for chaotic? Lot of moving parts. Lots of interesting teams. You got those Kowloon guys. They look interesting. Illuminaughty is in this thing. There will be a day that me and Sio get in the ring with Bella. We keep sending these love calls to you, Bella. We’re dying at the chance to wrestle you, little sis. Soviet Gingers, no souls at all. Hey Siouxsie...what about the Tide?

[They both exchange looks and smirk.]

Mara: Potential Resurrection rematch. Settle this debate once and for all about who’s the best team in GCW, which is us no question asked. Lots of possibilities. It should be wild! But for all those tag teams that will be competing on that night, we just want to remind you all what’s at the end of the rainbow. The two toughest, nastiest, meanest, hardest, bitches GCW has ever seen. Whoever comes out of this, you’re going to try to come and take our belts and you’re not going to get close.

[Mara holds onto her belt.]

Mara: All nine of those teams are good teams. Good. And none of them stand a fucking chance against us. That’s right, Kendra. I said it. Go fuck yourself you senstive fuck. Still pissed I lost to you. Whatever. GCW may have been on a break but we haven’t. The Machine never stops. We’ve kept training, we’ve kept hitting the mats, we haven’t stopped at all. That’s that Scream Machine life. We can never stop. When you are the best team in wrestling, all you see is the teams climbing up trying to knock you down. And each time, we swat those fuckers down. At Resurrection, whoever comes out of that tournament, Night 3 we will meet you in this ring and we’re going to take more names, kick even more ass and keep these belts. We love the effort, though. We love the effort. But it won’t be good enough.

[Siouxsie shakes her head, not usually this calm or quiet…]

Siouxsie: I’m not one to always stir the Murder Hornets nest because frankly speaking, WE ARE THE MURDER HORNETS NEST. I have always found solace in knowing that some of these people, including Wrestling’s Most Wanted are the problem with this company. I can agree with Mara, there are no other tag teams better than us, it doesn;t mean we can’t lose, on the contrary, for a long time, all we were doing was falling short, this changed though very quickly in time, the Tag Titles are the reason why. Resurrection is here, and Mara plus myself don;t exactly know who our opponents are? How quaint. Want to know my take in this?

[Brushing her hair back, she glares into the camera with her green eyes…]

Siouxsie: Does it really matter? Our opponents will fall at our feet. This isn’t some feel good story, or the chance for some whiny bitch who gets her feelings hurt like Kendra while her cheerleader cunt pomps and circumstances her ego, because who ever steps up to try and take what we have? REFUSE…. RESIST…. RECLAIM…. Or in layman’s terms?

[She turns to Mara who smirks, then back to the camera…]

Siouxsie: We’re going to fucking kill you.

[A sadistic grin comes across her face as Mara starts to laugh before the scene fades.]

--

Backstage we find “The Most Valuable Powers” Aubrianna Powers dressed in her wrestling gear standing next to the rarely utilized journalist Yo Joe. The devious pink tipped blonde has a smirk of confidence etched across her face.

Powers: Y’know, I keep telling you people all these things but you never believe me. You never trust me. Then I’m proven right and all of you have to eat The Most Valuable Crow. I told you that Chantelle and I would defeat Fabulous in our Global Tag Team Championship Match and we did, unfortunately it was due to disqualification because they were obviously afraid of us. Then I told you that Jessica and Summer were cowards and would not accept my open challenge two weeks ago on Shotgun and guess what? They didn’t accept my challenge. Isn’t that right Joe?

Yo Joe: Yes! They are cowards! Cowardly cowards of cowardice!

Powers: As you can see I am being interviewed by Yo Joe tonight, because unfortunately my lovely husband...who is now a Hall of Famer by the way...has to be unbiased for some reason. Do you know why journalists have to be unbiased?

Yo Joe: No! Unbiased is good but Yo Joe is evil! And bias is EEEEVIL!

The MVP smirks.

Powers: Good boy! Now then, why don’t you remind the world what else I told these losers?

Yo Joe: You told them that Jessica Lasiewicz was possessed by an evil demon...wait, if she’s evil shouldn’t Yo Joe be supporting her?

The MVP turns and glares angrily at Yo Joe.

Powers: Go away!

She shoves Yo Joe and he quickly scampers away. Powers rolls her eyes.

Powers: Look, I told you that Jessica Lasiewicz was possessed by a demon. Maybe that demon from The Exorcist? Maybe the demon from the conjuring movies? I dunno, but she’s possessed by a demon. You had proof in the way she destroyed a holy place of worship on Livewire. And now you have further proof in how she managed to get herself and the whore of babylon Summer Collins to Shotgun when they are both Livewire competitors! After awhile you people should learn to trust me. So here is another truth that I am going to tell you. The Sovereign will beat the demon, the whore of babylon, and Brittany Kayl tonight. And then at Resurrection, me and Chantelle will become the NEW GCW Global Tag Team Champions. Learn to love it, bitches.

--

Aia Vs Monroe Jones

Ever the gentlemen, Monroe Jones offers to shake Aia’s hand. She doesn’t hesitate to shake it.

That’s where the pleasantries end. Aia was flat out dominant. Focused more on the high impact part of her repertoire she connected with a missile drop kick. Tornado DDT. Connected with a moonsault over the course of the match. Monroe did squeeze out a small short lived comeback that was stopped by a Jumping Cutter. Aia locked in the Gurōrīrokku to score the submission victory in her fourth match in GCW.

Winner: Aia.

As Trevor Cash joined his client in the ring something, or someone, catches his attention. The camera pans in on what caught Trevor’s eye. It is KELSAI ADAMSON-MASON in the crowd. She waves her ticket to confirm she is there as a member of the audience, not as a Livewire invader. Kesai points directly at Aia. The joshi notices. Trevor grabs motions to Aia to exit the ring with him, all the while, it is shown that Kelsai hasn’t taken her attention off Aia.

--

Backstage…

Samuel Price can be seen standing by in front of the GCW backdrop.

Price: “Thank you guys. My guest at this time, making her first public statements in a while, is none other than the self-professed Queen of All-Media, Brittany Kayl…”

The camera pans back, showing Brittany Kayl standing in the frame. She is not the typically-exuberant young woman who had captured the World Championship a year ago at Resurrection IX. With her head slightly hung, she shuffles forward.

Price: “Brittany, later on tonight, you’ll be teaming with the GCW Global Tag Team Champions, Fabulous, to take on…”

Brittany puts her hand up, cupping over the microphone as she leans towards Price.

Kayl: “Actually, Sam… I’m not feeling the whole “you ask me questions, I answer” deal. So if you don’t mind…”

She motions to pull the microphone from his hand. Samuel nods, releasing it to her grip as she steps in front of the entire scene.

Kayl: “Look… one year ago I was riding a high in my career. Right now, I was preparing for a World Championship match on the biggest stage there was… Resurrection! It was a tremendous ride, and after winning the Championship, I would go on to reign for most of the remainder of 2020. Then Kel…”

She stops herself, not wanting to give Kellen Jeffries the satisfaction of her attention.

Kayl: “...Then I had that taken from me. And ever since then, it’s been setback after setback to the point where I feel like an afterthought going into this year’s event. I heard The Rising Tide speak similar frustrations on Livewire a few weeks ago and what they said absolutely rang true. I carried this show on my back, and now I’m just not there. And I know people are going to tell me I’m not an afterthought… that I’m going to get back to where I can, to where I BELONG… but right now, I just don’t feel it.”

Brittany smirks half-heartedly.

Kayl: “Right now, I look around and wonder what there is for me. See, carrying that prize… being World Champion… it’s intoxicating. And when it ends, it’s like a junkie going through withdrawals. And I’m going through it bad to this day. And until I get something of a fix, I’m going to keep in this state. Which brings us to this year… I don’t know what Resurrection has in store for me. Right now, I’ve not been in on any of the conversations. But I’m committed. I’m here. I plan on making an impact as I always do. In the end, GCW is the place that gave me a chance to become the competitor… the CHAMPION… that I have shown I can be. I’m not going to turn my back on her just because I’m not Champion today… I’m working towards it. I will climb the ladder again, rung by painful rung. And in the end, mark my words… I WILL be lifting the World Championship above my head again. I don’t care how many people I have to take down. The road is mine. The ladder is mine. And soon, again, the top of the mountain will be MINE!”

Brittany walks off, taking the microphone with her, as the scene shifts.

--

The following message is paid for by The Sovereign.

The scene rises up inside the home of Chantelle Chambers. She sits on her sofa clad in only a housecoat. A smirk rests upon her face as she holds a glass of Pinot Grigio in her hand.

Chambers: “The Sovereign is forever.”

She takes a drink before setting the glass on the table in front of her. Smiling, she sits back again.

Chambers: “Oh, there may be those who think they have our number. There may be those who think they can be the ones who will finally take us down and make us humble. But when you’re as great and as influential as we are, there’s no “down” that is final. There is no humility that will last. The three of us are the beating heart of GCW…”

Chantelle smirks.

Chambers: “Aubrianna Powers is one of the few women in this company to have held both the Global and World Championships. She has main evented Resurrection, as I have as well. I am a Hall of Fame competitor, GCW’s truest company-built star, and the only person to hold the World Championship on four separate occasions. Chanel Hunter is the future of this company. Within a year, I see her becoming World Champion, completing our triumvirate of World-beaters.”

Her smirk begins to fade as she cocks her head.

Chambers: “And at Resurrection, our power solidifies. Fabulous, you may be guests on Shotgun this week, but you will not be treated cordially. That night will be but a preview of Resurrection, for at THAT show, I complete the grand slam as Aubrianna and I defeat you two to become Global Tag Team Champions. And then, on night three, I promise you all a special announcement that is going to shake GCW to it’s very CORE! You don’t want to miss it…”

Chantelle laughs.

Chambers: “Who am I kidding? You WON’T miss it. Because Resurrection, like Shotgun, like Livewire… will be ALL EYES ON ME!”

Chantelle presses her fingers to her lips, blowing a kiss to the camera as the scene fades.

--

Nadia Allen Vs Eric Baer

Da Bad News Bear’s had a plan...

Chris Baer jumped Nadia before the bell rang. Eric joined in. The Baer’s were all over the current GCW World Champion. Nothing lasts forever. Nadia dropped Chris with a low blow, leaving Eric alone to defend himself. As he has proven in the past on GCW television; he’s not very good at surviving on his own devices. With Chris on the outside grabbing his manhood, the bell rang.

Nadia could have ended the match as quickly as she wanted to. She was in the mood to make a statement of sorts. She focused more on a ground and pound style offense. Busted Eric open. Bored, cinched in the Crossface Chickenwing. Eric tapped out with the quickness.

Winner: Nadia Allen

[Nadia has her hand raised by the referee in the middle of the ring. The crowd cheers her while Nadia is handed her Global title, to which she quickly places on her shoulder. She also ask for a mic to be tossed into the ring. Nadia takes a moment to remove the band that tied up her hair before then reaching down and grabbing the microphone. She takes a knee and faces the crowd while her music fades. The crowd cheers a bit as Nadia looks on.]

Nadia: It's been a month between being in this ring...the last time I was here, I did all of us a favor and kicked Kellen Jefferies' ass and won this title.

[The crowd roars as a rare sly smirk appears on Nadia's face. She briefly flashes the title to the audience.]

Nadia: That's old news. It feels good being out here, wrestling as the Heavyweight Champion. No offense to Eric Baer, but I know things going forward won't be as simple as they were tonight. I know, in a month from now, Julia Braddock is waiting for me. I know that you have been waiting for this match. I know that because every now and then, when I remember that I have a social media, Julia won't shut up about being in the main event.

[She sports a stern expression. The crowd responds with a mixture of cheers and boos.]

Nadia: She's always been someone that likes to be out there and grab attention. Which is fine. I'm not giving her crap for that. What does piss me off, about this whole thing, is that every tweet that she sends, she ends it by saying she will be the new World Champion as if it's already decided. That pisses me off because I am the champion and I'm not some easy out. Now you're not going to catch me often on Twitter Julia, trading shots back and forth. I prefer to handle things in here.

[She points to the ring.]

Nadia: This is my response to you and everyone on Shotgun. The last World Champion bullshitted his way throughout his entire run. Cheap shots, spraying maces during matches, screwing over everyone just because. That's not what I'm about and that's not what this belt is going to be about. I'm not going to bullshit any of you, any of the fans, nobody. I will not run from anyone. There is no one in the back, including Julia, that scares me. Since I am the champion, I'm going to set the record straight this time and this time only. If there's anyone that wants a shot at me or want to come after me, you don't have to jump through hoops. You just have to be brave enough to step to me. End of story.

[The crowd cheers as Nadia looks on.]

Nadia: You're making a lot of promises and a lot of vows, Julia. Do whatever you want. You think you already have this in the bag. More power to you. But I have pride. I'm a stubborn person and I won't go down easy, no matter what you believe.The promise that I will make to everyone here is at Resurrection, I will rip your head off.

[The crowd roars as "Hollow Bodies" hits the PA system again. Nadia stands up, flashes the title, Chris tried to get the jump on Nadia again, this time, his attempt was unsuccessful. He received a spinning headlock lariat into a backbreaker for his troubles. Nadia grabbed her World Championship, exited the ring and walked to the back.]

--

We open to a quick rapid fire clips of Julia Braddock in action, delivering various shots and moves to a variety of opponents. Then we cut to a shot of her celebrating her victory in the GCW Civil War Match. That fades away and then words appear on the screen…

“Resurrection”

Another scene fades in; this time it’s that of Julia Braddock herself. She stands outside of a wrestling ring in an empty arena. She is dressed in her wrestling gear.

Julia: Resurrection was a concept invented by my sister, the majority owner of this company. Glory Braddock, when she bought the rights to GCW, chose the name Resurrection for its inaugural event because in her mind she was raising it from the dead. But what does Resurrection mean to me?

The blonde chuckles lightly and then shakes her head.

Julia: Well I’m definitely not raising anyone or anything from the dead. But there is an “R” word that could describe this very well, and some of you may think that is an overused trope but for me this “R” word is extremely fitting and that word is Redemption. Last year’s Resurrection was the single lowest point of my professional and personal career. It wasn’t due to the fact that I had lost the match, because losing is a fact of life to a wrestler. You will win some matches and you will lose some matches. What matters is picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and learning from the mistakes you made that led to the loss so that you don’t make those mistakes again. What made it the lowest point in my professional and personal life was how that single solitary loss led to a betrayal of someone I had trusted with my career, and as a result my career had nearly come to an end. My career nearly ended last year not because of injury but because of someone else’s betrayal.

She points at herself.

Julia: And because of my own ignorance and my naivete, my willingness to trust the wrong people. But as I said, I have learned from my mistakes. The weeks following Resurrection IX I looked back at the previous year and I took serious notes on what led to my self-destruction. I saw the mistakes I made and I worked to fix them. I changed my ways. I could have pulled some strings to get my spot back immediately but I didn’t want that. I wanted to earn my spot. So I went back to my roots, I trained in gyms like this one, I worked the house shows, off television, I went unbooked on some Shotguns and some pay per views but I didn’t care because I knew Civil War would come around and I could afford to be patient. Civil War did come around and I knew that was my moment. I told the world that I would win the Civil War Match and I did. I punched my ticket to the main event of Resurrection X.

Braddock smiles confidently.

Julia: Look at where I was one year ago and look at where I am now. I am more confident than I ever have been, I am a wise and patient tactician rather than the rash and overconfident fool from last year. And my patience, my wisdom, my hard work, all of it has paid off because I am now in the main event of Resurrection X competing for the GCW World Championship.

She points a finger at the camera.

Julia: Nadia, you keep saying you don’t know why I chose you but I have already explained this on multiple occasions. You and I are similar in that we have both had to struggle, fight, and claw to get to this main event. Now I won’t get into a pissing contest over whose struggles were harder, but we both were at points in our career where people began to doubt if we’d ever reach that promised land. But then I won the Civil War Match, guaranteeing me a spot in the Resurrection main event competing for the world championship, and then you defeated Kellen Jeffries to become the GCW World Champion. Granted I could have still chosen the Global Champion and while that title is definitely prestigious and significant, the championship you hold has more meaning to me. The title you have was once held by me years ago. But I won that championship by cheating and I didn’t like how I carried myself as champion. This is a chance to redeem myself from every single mistake I have made throughout my career, including that one. That championship is the linear World Championship that was the original GCW World Title held by Steve Powers, the very first GCW World Champion. If I want to complete this journey and become the new standard bearer of Global Championship Wrestling, then I want to win THE original GCW World Championship. And that is what I will take away from you at Resurrection X whether you like it or not.

--

Cameras go at ringside with Nicky and Jody already standing in the ring without any theme music or anything. It was straight down to business, especially Nicky is wearing some fancy suit to make himself look more professional, while Jody still prefers to wear street clothes as he wasn't a guy who likes wearing suits. Nicky holds a microphone in his hand with Jody standing by him.

Nicky Stone: "Let's cut to the chase here without wasting of your god damn time. There is a reason why Jody and I came here today instead of Livewire, although we will go there, obviously to face the Baer family. You see, we've heard you Scream Machine, Mara in particular, talking shit about how no team on Shotgun has no chance of beating you for the tag titles? You want some fucking competition, huh?"

Jody nodded, approving of what Nicky's been saying with words of conviction as Nicky continues.

Nicky Stone: "Seeing one tag champions on our brand have competition since you're dying for some, then we The Bad Bastards are challenging you bitches for the tag titles. Good luck and enjoy the special competition you wanted and you better not back down or laugh when you asked for facing tag teams outside of Shotgun. Congratulations, your dreams have come fucking true when you're defending those tag titles against us at Resurrection X. We're coming for those belts and taking them straight to Livewire, proving to you cunts that we are tougher than any team you've fought."

"We're The Bastards" By Phil Campbell and The Bastard Sons plays over the sound system as Jody and Nicky step out of the ring with Nicky passing the microphone back to the ring announcer before he and Jody to the back for the cameras to go elsewhere in the arena.

--

We open backstage where we find the soon to be newest inductee into the GCW Hall of Fame, namely Dexter Russell, and he is standing next to “The Phoenix” Marie Jones. The sight of Marie brings a few boos from the fans but Jones ignores them.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen I am Dexter Russell and my guest at this time is someone who requested this moment to address something that happened last Shotgun. So please welcome “The Phoenix” Marie Jones.

Marie smirks.

Marie: The Matriarch of the Jones Family.

Dexter: You say that but things are not all well within the Jones family and that is what you wanted to address, because last Shotgun you shoved your sister, Kimberly Williams, for…

Marie: ...for causing a distraction? Losing focus? Maybe I was justified, maybe I wasn’t, but the fact is I lost my temper, and I apologized to Kim. But I will publicly do it right here before the world to do away with any claims of dissension within the ranks of the Jones family. We are a tight unit, Dexter, and nothing can tear us apart. Family is the single most important thing to us, and as its Matriarch I will make sure that we continue to stay united.

Before Dexter can get his next question out of his mouth, a new figure steps into view. This is none other than Kayla Jones-Snow, the sister of Angelica Jones and thus Marie’s aunt. The crowd can be heard cheering in the background at Kayla’s arrival. Marie looks rather astonished at this unexpected turn of events.

Marie: Kayla? What are you doing here?

Kayla: I’m here to set you straight on a few things, Marie. You’ve been trying to contact your mother ever since the events of Civil War when you gave her another concussion. You tried to reach out and speak with her but you couldn’t get her to answer the phone. She never answered the door. You speak of how family unity is important to us and it is, Marie. I remember once when challenging Amelia Robson for the GCW World Championship that I brought up the importance of family. I brought it up because our cousin, Vanessa, was best friends with Amelia. And I warned her, rather sternly and harshly, to never pick sides against the family. But all I did was alienate Vanessa and on top of that I still couldn’t win the championship. My point, Marie, is that despite how much you preach family unity, your ACTIONS are speaking much louder than words and your actions are doing more to tear this family apart than anything else.

Marie shakes her head.

Marie: That’s not true.

Kayla: It is and I am going to prove it by telling you some hard truths that many are afraid to tell you to your face. But me? I just don’t give a damn and on top of that, I’m still pissed with you for what you did to my sister, your mother. First, your half-sister Jessica Lasiewicz? She secretly wants to tear your damn head off. The only reason she isn’t doing that is out of respect for Kimberly. And speaking of Kimberly, she doesn’t support what you did one bit. She just chooses not to talk about it. She just continues to support you but she doesn’t like supporting you right now because of who you’ve turned into.

She taps Marie on the head.

Kayla: You let this Matriarch stuff go to your head. Now I don’t fault you for your motivation. Your mother betrayed her best friend, Cuchulain, to become the first female in GDW history to win the World Championship. Cuchulain was her friend but he was also the very best in the business at the top and your mother wanted his spot, so she betrayed him and took it. And I betrayed my own principles and everything I stood for in order to become a World Champion. Ambition can drive you to do some dastardly things. I will never fault you for having ambition, and there are some things I wouldn’t fault you for doing in order to achieve those ambitions, but you crossed a line when you targeted your family. Like you said, family comes first and your outright assault on your own mother has driven a wedge within the family.

Marie: Get off your high horse, Kayla. You said yourself that your own time here as a wrestler is drawing to an end. You announced that you would keep your schedule of wrestling down to two or three matches a year at most. And that’s what my mother should have done. She should realize that her time is up and she should step aside. She’s been active for so damn long, refusing to pass the torch to me, Jessica, or Kim.

Kayla: So you tried to force her to quit. But all you did was make things worse and turn the family against you. You want to be The Matriarch of the Jones Family but no one in the family is listening to a word you say. Your sisters, Kim and Jessica and Kelly, are not listening to you. Your cousins, Paige, Duncan, Monroe, Vanessa, and McKinlee, they are not listening to you. And you know I’m not listening to you. You don’t have our respect because you went about this wrong way. But I have a way you can make this right and earn our respect.

The Phoenix glares angrily at Kayla.

Marie: What is it? What’s your idea?

Kayla: You did beat Angelica at Civil War but she was clearly not medically ready for that match. But she has been to numerous experts since then. She has been to the best medical teams out there looking her over and she is medically cleared to compete.

She holds up one finger.

Kayla: She is ready to come back for one final match. She realizes that you’re right, it’s time to pass the torch, but you need to EARN that torch, Marie. And she is going to make you fight for it. At Resurrection, if you accept, you will face Angelica one last time and this time she will be at one hundred percent. And no matter the outcome, win or lose or draw, Angelica will retire for good. But if you want that torch, if you want that grand title of Matriarch, if you want to be respected by this family, you can only do it by beating her in the center of the ring.

The Phoenix starts laughing.

Marie: Respect? I should already have respect from my peers AND the family. I am a seven time World champion. I won a one night single elimination tournament to become the new GCW World Champion at the inaugural Resurrection event. But the family doesn’t respect me? Fine, if beating my mother one last time is what it takes to earn their respect then I will do it. Because Civil War was no fluke. The reason Civil War went down the way it did had nothing to do with medical issues, it had everything to do with the fact that my mother doesn’t have what it takes to hang with me or anyone else in a wrestling ring. And at Resurrection X, I will prove it.

Marie turns and walks away.

---

Julia Braddock vs. Steve Powers
[Powers starts out trying to use his size and strength advantage to overpower Braddock. But Julia was prepared for this and used her technical prowess to lock in a hammerlock. Then a crossface chicken wing. Powers breaks free. Julia with a scissors kick and then a swinging neck breaker. Julia with a neck snapper. Braddock with one elbow drop, a second, then curtsies before dropping the third. Julia with The Kensington Knockout and a cover but Steve kicks out at two. Steve rakes her eyes. Steve goes for a huge lariat but Julia counters into Thy Kingdom Come. Powers struggles in the hold but refuses to quit. He eventually reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Julia is relentless as she locks in a fujiwara arm bar. Again Steve refuses to quit as he fights to the ropes, forcing a break. Braddock goes up top and goes for a dragonrana but Powers counters into a sit out power bomb. Steve composes himself and goes for The Very Best Finishing Move but Julia avoids contact. She kicks him in the gut, doubling him ove, and then connects with Excommunication. Julia locks in The Guillotine. Steve taps out.]
WINNER: Julia Braddock

Braddock doesn’t let the referee raise her hand. She instead goes to Robert E. Lee and demands a microphone.

Julia: Good job, Powers, but not quite good enough.

She turns to face the ramp, pointing towards the entrance way.

Julia: I hope somewhere back there the World Champion was watching and taking notes. I know you fought like hell to get to this point. I know how much you sacrificed to become World Champion and now to main event Resurrection. And I also know that you haven’t good luck at Resurrection and as you’ve said, you hate that event and you refuse to lose at Resurrection again.

She shakes her head.

Julia: Tough luck, because with all due respect I have dreams too, and my dream can only be achieved at your expense. My journey from the bottom of the barrel, being betrayed by those I trusted and my career to the point I wasn’t even sure I would be able to return to a wrestling ring, and now I have fought my way back to getting revenge against Mason Van Stanton, fighting my way to victory in the Civil War Match, and now that journey has brought me to the Resurrection main event. But that journey will mean absolutely nothing if I cannot finish the job and defeat you for the GCW World Championship.

Braddock points over at Steve Powers who is still on the outside.

Julia: So I hope you were taking notes on what I did to the very first GCW World Champion. I made him tap out. Now I am not going to make a bold guarantee of making you tap out, but I will guarantee that one way or another, by hook or by crook, I will leave Resurrection X as the new GCW World Champion and THAT is a Vow of Chastity!

--

Earlier Today

The scene opens up inside a crowded auditorium. Banners hanging down the side depicting GCW Heritage Champion, Mariah, flank either side of an ornately decorated stage. Men and women clad in jewel-encrusted masks, all in black gowns or suits, all sitting around tables, look to the stage lifelessly. Walking through the crowded scene, the only splash of colour in the scene in her form-fitting red dress is Mariah herself. The GCW Heritage Championship is hanging onto her as she strides, one leg passing through the slit in her dress running up to her hip. Stopping at one table, she grabs a champagne flute, taking a drink.

Mariah: “Drab. Lifeless. Lacking that certain something.”

She takes a drink, smiling as she sets it back on the table.

Mariah: “Life before my arrival was certainly unexceptional. In the beginning, you simply existed. Then I arrived and, like a splash of colour on this lifeless backdrop, I stood out. I provided LIFE. I made this worth paying attention to… I made THIS…”

Mariah smiles as she shakes the title belt on her waist.

Mariah: “...so sought after that D’Nae Moore would waste her Civil War second place on the GAMBLE of trying to wrest it from my waist. Well that, my friends, is going to be easier said than done. I will admit, her ambition is admirable… but foolish. There are other Championships she’d have had an easier time with, but she chose to shoot for the stars. She chose to make this the most coveted prize available to her. And that will be her undoing.”

Mariah strides to the stage.

Mariah: “Because much like GCW needed me, the Heritage Championship needs me. With me, it sparkles… it shines. Without me? It’s a relic. But don’t worry… I have no intention of rolling over and playing dead. I will do whatever it takes to keep MY Championship… and poor D’Nae? Back to the drawing board, and maybe next time she’ll look for a Championship she actually CAN win. Because women like me don’t lose to women like her. There are two types of wrestlers… the superstars, like D’Nae… and those who transcend the very fabric of the business. That’s me. And at Resurrection, I will transcend again!”

She steps in the middle of the stage, lifting her head as sparklers rain out around her and confetti engulfs the scene. As the camera focuses on the smirk on her face, the scene fades.

--

Mason Van Staton Vs A member of Wrestling’s Most Wanted.

Mason stood in the ring as Kendra and Hannah talked among themselves on the outside as to who was going to have the honor of kicking Mason’s ass. Neither of them had the opportunity to finish their conversation. The McBride Corporation walked down to the ring with a purpose, this drew a smirk from Mason’s face.

Wrestling’s Most Wanted opted to meet The McBrides before they officially got to the ring. This erupted in an all out brawl. It didn’t take long for the action to spill inside the ring. Mason chose to strike while the iron was hot, helping Karen out with beating up Kendra.

Destiny Skye wasn’t going to allow shit things to escalate any further. She stormed the ring and went straight for Mason Van Staton. Mounting him; she managed to nail him with some stuff rights and lefts. Her moment of joy was about to be ripped away by Clyde Sutter, who decided now was the time to enter the ring. He saved Mason. Dropped Hannah with a chokeslam. Kendra was the last person standing. All appeared loss until...

"Classic" by MKTO blared from the loud speaker.

The crowd went crazy. Could it be?

Yep. It was GABRIELLA AUSTIN. Like a bat out of hell she stormed down to the ring with a steel chair.

Karen tried to block her path. She got laid out. Melanie met the same fate. This left Mason and Sutter as the final two men left standing. With their eye off the ball, Kendra snuck up on Sutter, LOW BLOW, no matter how badass you are, a low blow is the cure all to any man. This left Mason all by himself as Gabby slid in the ring with a steel chair. Mason high tailed it.

He walked over to the to time keeper. He snatched a microphone.

Mason Van Staton: Hold up. You...

Mason points to Gabriella.

Mason Van Staton: ... you’re not supposed to be here. Security. I want that woman removed from the building.

What happened next wasn’t security coming out, Tabitha Silverstone walked out on stage with microphone in hand.

Silverstone: Actually Mason... she is supposed to be here. Gabriella is a GCW Hall of Famer. She’s welcome here anytime she wants. She’s also welcome to compete anytime she wishes. Mason, you were so thrilled to accept what you perceived to be a handicap match you forgot one small detail. It is no secret that Hannah, Kendra and Gabriella are friends. You know what that friendship makes them...

Tabitha smirks as the crowd cheers, catching on to where Tabitha is taking this.

Silverstone: WRESTLING’S MOST WANTED.

The roof almost blows off the arena. Mason is shaking his head in disbelief, not believing this is happening.

Silverstone: Gabriella will join her Wrestling’s Most Wanted friends and Destiny Skye against your contingent of The McBrides and Clyde Sutter. Four on Four. Remember Mason, your team loses, Clyde won’t work for GCW, which works for me, you found him a job elsewhere. On the brightside, he’ll have a safe place to land after this is all over.

Silverstone leaves. "Classic" by MKTO plays. The McBrides and Sutter join Mason. Hannah, Kendra, Gabby and Destiny hug on the inside of the ring.

The tension could be cut with a knife.

--

[No static opening. Just a cold open. Akeem The Supreme, M.A.E.V.E and Savino, standing about face to the camera. All three have their head down and are wearing simple black hoodies and black jeans. Akeem and M.A.E.V.E look on with firm expressions on their faces.]

Savino: There's a lot to look forward to for Kowloon. She's going to defend her X-Division Championship on Night 1. 'Keem and I have an opportunity to earn ourselves a shot at the Tag Team titles. We're looking forward to those opportunities and we can promise you all that when Resurrection comes, we're going to be ready and on our games like we always are.

[Savino takes a long pause.]

Savino: But we felt personally, after what happened to Daunte Wright, Adam Toledo, Peyton Ham and Anthony Thompson, that this wouldn't be the time to talk about wrestling. Wrestling, at the end of the day, is something that we do. There will be a day when we are no longer wrestlers. But being human beings is something that we are. That will always been the case today and tomorrow. So why, when it comes to black people, people of color, we have to justify reasons for us to be treated as human beings? If they weren't people of color, we know they would be alive today. And that's the problem.

[Savino lets out a sigh and a deep breath, clearly bothered. Akeem looks on. M.A.E.V.E. looks disturbed and angry.]

Savino: The killings of these names further displays the divide between how we're treated and illuminates the work that needs to be done. We shouldn't fear for our lives. Me and 'Keem shouldn't have to have to tell our siblings if they get pulled over, what to do so they don't get shot and killed. We are angry, I'm exhausted and I am afraid. And we're thankful for people like M.A.E.V..E, who empathizes with us and is there for us.

So we wanted to use this time to offer condolences to those families and to our people, who are as exhausted as we are. We will continue to be apart of the fight for equality, for justice, no more nights of families mourning over the loss of someone who died too soon. We won't stop fighting. We can't stop. Not until this stops happening.

[M.A.E.V.E wraps an arm around Savino as moments go by with no one speaking. Then it cuts to black.]

--

Backstage….

The Blue-Haired beauty with the lime green streaks, Chanel Hunter in her wrestling gear stands next to Trinity who is admiring her new hair color….

Trinity: I love it.

Chanel: Thanks, needed a change bae, just like shit is going to change tonight. See, I don’t care who my opponents are, but what I do care about is what they mean, especially Brittany Kayl. Britt, you are a former World Champion, beaten some of the best in the company, but you haven’t beaten me and now it’s my turn, I have spent the later part of this past year as an X-Division Champion, but someone who has been tempered at best. I said a few weeks ago before this little hiatus of Shotgun that I was always a top talent that never was given the proper opportunity, well guess what bitches? I’m taking it. I could give a shit about Fabulous, my girls in the Sovereign will take care of that, but Kayl? You are the door knob I will turn and the door I will kick down.

She chuckles for a moment, Trinity looks on smiling…

Chanel: Now is the time right before Resurrection to put up or shut up. Last year I lost to that piece of trash hobo, Jody Ranier, this year, I will make a memory no one will EVER forget and then head up toward the World Championship. Civil War was almost mine, I took out the most in the ring, lasted the longest and by a fluke I find myself with nothing? Nah fam, I will have something, and it starts tonight for YOU CAN’T TOUCH THIS!

Chanel flings her hair back and laughs, Trinity joins her as they both walk out ready for the Main Event.

--

Main Event
The Sovereign (Chanel Hunter, Chantelle Chambers & Aubriana Powers) Vs Fabulous & Brittany Kayl

Chanel and Summer Newman started off the match. The former X-Division Champion wasn’t interested in Summer. She pointed to Brittany Kayl. Not one to back down from a fight, Brittany asked for the tag. Summer obliged. The former World Champion and the rising star of The Sovereign locked up. Chanel got her way with Brittany early. It doesn’t take long for Britt to swing the tide back in her favor, showing why she is one of the best World Champions in recent memory. Both women showed they were evenly matched.

Jessica asked for the tag. Britt obliged. Jess pointed to Aubrey. For a moment there Aubrey looked like she was going to confront Jessica, thought twice of it and tagged Chantelle.

The match became more about Jessica wanting a piece of Aubrianna. Chantelle and Chanel weren’t going to let that happen. Summer did manage to get some work in with the hot tag, the house of fire she raised was stopped by a blindtag of Aubriana, when Summer didn’t see it coming, she drilled Summer with a springboard flying forearm. That wasn’t enough to score the win.

Sovereign triple teamed Summer. Stopping her attempts to make a tag. Eventually she did get the tag to Chanel. The second hot tag of the match Britt used to her full advantage. She built momentum. Gained a couple of near falls out of the equation. As one would expect the match devolved into chaos. Jessica got her hands on Aubrey when The MVP broke up a pin attempt by Britt.

Towards the end of the match, the action escalated. Chanel and Brittany Kayl, the two legal competitors, were on the outside exchanging blows. On the inside of the ring, Chantelle and Aubrianna brawled with Fabulous. At the count of nine, Brittany almost got back in the ring for Chanel to prevent her, causing the referee to clear the match a double count out.

Winners: Doubt Countout.

Chanel shot Brittany into the side of the announce table. She stormed over to the time keeper, grabbed a steel chair. She was prepared to blast Britt with it until SAVINO leaped the barricade, grabbed the chair from Chanel. Attempted to take a swing, Chanel was quick enough to slide in the ring. Savino gave chase. Savino attempted another steel chair shot, Chanel ducked, the chair accidentally collided with Summer Newman. The screw up gave Chanel the chance to grab Savino by the hair, shoot her to the outside. Soverign enjoyed a brief three on two advantage. Brittany joined the proceedings. Sovereign opted to leave the ring.

The show closed with Brittany glaring at Chanel, remembering the former X Division Champion tried to take her head off. Chanel mouthed off “you won’t get away next time.” Brittany did help Jessica check on Summer as the show came to a close.