Exclusive Resurrection Preview: Dexter Russell w/Julia Braddock

admin
Site Admin

Exclusive Resurrection Preview: Dexter Russell w/Julia Braddock

Post by admin » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Dexter Russell: It is that time of year, we are deep in Resurrection season and the eyes of the world are set upon the two main events. We already took a closer look at our Global Championship match pitting Lenore Price-Mason against Princess Nava Farrin, two of the new generation of GCW superstars with a ton of momentum behind them. That match will main event night one of Resurrection X. I want to take some time to focus on the main event for night two of Resurrection X. This match pits one of GCW’s longest tenured stars against a long suffering athlete who fought the hard way to get to the top, to become world champion. I am talking about Julia Braddock challenging Nadia Allen for the GCW World Championship. And right now I am being joined by none other than the number one contender for the GCW World Championship, Julia Braddock.

Julia Braddock: Thank you for this opportunity, Dexter. And congrats on the Hall of Fame nomination.

Dexter Russell: Thank you, Julia. But let’s talk about this match between you and Nadia. You two are similar in many ways. You both have been with GCW for quite awhile. Both of you have had many difficult struggles in your GCW tenures. And now, after all of this time, the many heart breaks you both must have felt when the coveted brass ring was just within reach but you just missed it, now you are both peaking at the same time. You won the 2021 Civil War Match and Nadia became GCW World Champion. And you seemed to indicate that that is the reason why you chose Nadia as your Resurrection opponent, am I correct?

Julia Braddock: That was part of the reason, but not all of it. I also wanted Nadia because of the legacy behind the GCW World Championship. This company has been in existence really since 2002. Matthew Alan and his family created it, sold it to GDW who kept it on the shelf until 2011 when they started using it as a developmental territory. Then when GDW began suffering financial difficulties, they sold GCW to my sister who brought it back as its own full time, global operation in 2012. I have been active with this company since it was a development territory for GDW. I trained here, preparing for my big debut, preparing for the moment when I would make a name for myself. There were some in this company who only wanted the spotlight, the shine and grandeur of superstardom. People like Alexander Midas, Marie Jones, and the late Isaac Bongart, also known as Bobby Barrabas, they wanted this for the grandeur but me? I was the workhorse. I competed in dark matches, at house shows, and everything in between, all to learn and grow as an athlete, to entertain the fans, and for the passion of the sport. Hell, I didn’t even make my Resurrection debut until Resurrection III when my “Mother” Aphrodite Noel and I defeated Summer Collins and Krissy Spencer to become the GCW World Tag Team Champions. That was my first ever taste of championship gold. My second taste was later on that year in November when I became GCW Television Champion. People talk about working hard, scratching and clawing, fighting their way to the top the hard way. I busted my ass for years before I got my big break. And I have done it all with the history and memory of GCW in mind. So I want the championship that started it all, and that is the championship Nadia Allen happens to possess.

Dexter Russell: You mention Resurrection. You have had your fair share of Resurrection moments. What makes this potential Resurrection moment different?

Julia Braddock: You’re right, Dexter, I have had a few Resurrection moments. I won my first GCW championship at Resurrection III. I became only the second person to ever make the great Glory Braddock tap out at Resurrection VI. And this year is special because finally I will be in the main event of Resurrection. Like I said, I am the workhorse of GCW and I have been working for this, fighting for this, since 2012. Not to mention last year’s Resurrection was probably the lowest point of my life. The world watched as two people I trusted, who I let get close to me, betrayed me. I looked like a fool, I was humiliated, and I didn’t know if I could recover. But I did recover, not only did I recover but I won the Civil War Match and punched my ticket to the Resurrection main event. That is quite a turnaround, don’t you think? But it means absolutely nothing if I do not leave Madison Square Garden as the new GCW World Champion. My comeback will have meant nothing. So this isn’t just a potential Resurrection moment, Dexter. It IS going to be my greatest Resurrection moment because I have to win.

Dexter Russell: You have to win?

Julia Braddock: Yes, I have to win. Nadia can still recover. She can afford this loss. She can put up the pieces, learn from it, and live to fight another day. She is very talented and very good. She will be champion again someday, I promise you that. But I’m sorry, she just cannot win. She can’t win because I cannot let her win. I cannot afford to lose.

Dexter Russell: Maybe I should pose this question; Do you think Nadia can beat you at Resurrection X?

Julia Braddock: Of course she can. If there is anything I have learned from my training it’s that on any given night you can beat anyone if you are good enough, if you have the proper tools and skills. Trust me when I say that I have done my homework. I have watched film. I know what Nadia Allen is capable of. She had the tools and skills to beat Kellen Jeffries to become GCW World Champion and she has the tools and skills to beat me at Resurrection. But I am not going to let that come to pass. Resurrection X will be my night and I will do whatever is necessary to make sure that I win the GCW World Championship for a second time. Ten years is a long time, Dexter. It is a lifetime for a wrestling promotion. You said earlier that Nadia both have been with the company for awhile but I want to correct you on that. I have been with GCW a lot longer than Nadia Allen. My wrestling career was born the same day GCW was resurrected. And now ten years later things have come full circle. I am ready to reclaim the championship.

Dexter Russell: You keep saying that you have to become the GCW World Champion. Why must you become World Champion? You were already World Champion once before.

Julia Braddock: Do you believe in destiny, Dexter? See, my first year was spent learning under my father Glenn Braddock and my sister Glory Braddock, two of the best pure wrestlers this sport has ever seen. For the next several years I began to learn even more. I learned more ring skill, yes, but I also learned more than wrestling skills after I began to serve under my new Queen and eventual Mother Aphrodite Noel. Then Mason Van Stanton became my agent and while he was using me, I also used him. He may be the scum of the earth but he also has a brilliant, cunning, strategic mind for this business and while he was using me, I used him by learning everything he knew. Now it’s just me, The Kensington Knockout. I have no backup, I serve no one except myself, my fans, and I still fight for this company, the first company to ever take a chance on me. Now that I have learned from the Braddocks, from Noel, from Van Stanton, now that I have grown and evolved into the person I am today, the next logical step is to take the knowledge I now have and use it to become GCW World Champion. And you mentioned the fact that I was already World Champion once, and you’re right, I was. But that title reign was not what it could have been. I was not ready at that time and thus I lost the title too soon. But I have learned so much more since then and my time is now. This time when I become the GCW World Champion I will not lose it until I am ready to hang up my boots for good. I will become the champion at Resurrection X and I will sit atop the GCW throne until I am ready to leave. This is my time now, Dexter. With all due respect to Nadia Allen, because she is indeed a great World Champion and a worthy World Champion, she is just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She will get to main event Resurrection but that’s it. That’s her moment. My moment will be raising that championship high over my head in victory after being announced as the new GCW World Champion. That is a Vow of Chastity.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”