Shotgun 10.08 <results>

randy

Shotgun 10.08 <results>

Post by randy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:02 am

[On the balcony of one of the many rooms the MGM Grand Detroit offers, we see both Krissy and Mo Money looking at the view of downtown Detroit in their chairs. Krissy sports a black and yellow sun dress while Mo wears a tight white t-shirt and blue jeans. Krissy veers into the distance, her jaw clenched and her muscles tensed. The usually bombastic Mo is seated upright with his lips tightened and raised on the left side of his face. His chin was also raised as he crossed his arms.]

Krissy: Mo, am I wrestling n this next Shotgun?

[Mo doesn't flinch.]

Mo: No.

[His response was flat, to the point.]

Krissy: I get told I get the "pleasure" to open Shotguns and on the first show after the draft, I'm not even wrestling.

[She shakes her head.]

Krissy: There is a decent portion of the GCW fanbase that believes that I am content with my lucrative contract and that I've been performative about being upset about the lack of wrestling that I've done. Let's just put this on the record. For everyone that believes that? You are not smart. You have short attentions spans. You need things explained to you because simply paying attention to what your eyes can see, what your ears can hear, would be too much effort. Don't project what you would do onto me.

[She stares at her surroundings. Her eyes scan like a hawk, shifting from the camera to everything else around her.]

Krissy: I am not lazy. I'm not injured. I'm ready to wrestle right now. Ive been ready for a long time. I see all these wrestlers in GCW and there's not a single one that I feel I can't beat. I know how good I am. Since signing my contract last December, I've only wrestled twice. And why is that? It's not Gloria Braddock, the owner of this company, the wrestling legend, a woman that I hold to high esteem. er work ethic go hand in hand with her in ring accomplishments and she's still wrestling today. One of the best in the world, without question. Her and I relate to one another in a way that most of you will never experience. We're both competitors. We don't like to lose. We set high expectations and demand the world from ourselves because we both know that we are capable of reaching them. Anything less is failure.

[Krissy' eyebrows narrows. Mo tightens his arms.]

Krissy: Now let me clear. The only person I follow is myself. When it comes to modeling excellence, I look to the greats, not the never beens like the people in the GCW fanbase who believe being on the sidelines is what I want. It's hard to follow people who have never done anything in their live. Gloria Braddock is not the reason I've been sitting on my hands. But what that said, she employed Pete Floyd and currently employs Tabitha Silverstone, proof that even all greats have their blind spots.

[Her nostrils flare up.]

Krissy: And this blind spot is glaring because Tabitha is single handily going out of her way to prevent me from reaching my goals. She doesn't give me a match at Resurrection, the biggest show of the year. Tells me not to show up. I show up because it's in my contract to show up to every show, which is alarming that the person running both Livewire and Shotgun is unaware of details that she should be aware of, and I tell the world my aim is the World title by the end of the year. She tells my assistant that no matter what I do, I will not receive or earn a title shot by the end of the year. And for what reason?

[Krissy leans forwards.]

Krissy: This is what happens when you give someone some power. They get drunk off of it and they go on a power trip. The only reason you Tabitha, have done all of this is because you don't like me. You didn't like me see in right through you; disposable. Just another face in power. You're suppose to be professional and non bias. You're on record in admitting your disdain for me. None of that has anything to do with the in ring. It's personal for you, which oversteps what your job is suppose to be.

[She grips onto the arms of the chair tightly. Mo observes with his eyes widened.]

Krissy: I don't listen to you. Why should I? You're the one preventing me from pursuing my dreams because of a personal vendetta. I listen to Gloria. We're wrestlers. we understand one another. You have never wrestled a day in your life, Tabitha. You've managed wrestles in the past so you think you know. But you don't. You have two left feet. You're not athletic. With your body, you're not in shape and you've never been in shape.

[Krissy's eyes glared at the camera. Her lips narrowed. Her eyes widened.]

Krissy: Perhaps if you took diet pills, that would be an improvement.

[Her upper eyelids are raised as well.]

Krissy: But let's be honest, while wrestling is all about the physicality and the excellence to the craft, it is also a cosmetic business. Not only that you could never do what I can do in the ring but there's a reason you were always behind your clients, never in front. Your round, pudgy face is not aesthetically pleasing. It's shaped like Play-Do. Probably one of the reason you've always been alone, have no husband or wife or kids to go home to. Who would be attractive to you? Who wants to make love to a passionless, emotionless void like you? Those bags around your eyes tell the story; you're married to your job because this is the only thing you have in your life that you can cling to. And you use that power to F**KING SABOTAGE ME?

[Krissy grits her teeth as she seethes. Mo takes a step back and glares at her. Her eyes eventually narrow and she locks her hands together. Moments go by and her anger slowly dwindles. When she's composed, she speaks again.]

Krissy: You think you're untouchable. But everyone answers to someone. And the person you answer to is the same person who gave me the contract I have now. The same person that signed me when I was starting off in San Francisco. And the same person who is just like me as a wrestler and competitor. We answer to the same person and that person already overruled what you think of me. She showed me what she thinks of me by how many zeros I have on my contract. So this won't happen again. Because I will go to her and I'm going to wrestle. And I'm going to win match after match. And you're going to have to watch from your office as you stuff the junk food in your mouth and those hips get wider. And those people who think I'm lazy will realize that not only are they wrong but they are dead wrong and will never accomplish even a third of what I have done and will do.

[Krissy takes a long look at the camera.]

Krissy: And when I reach every goal of mine, none of you will get the chance to share it with you. Not you Tabitha, not those fans. This has been fun for you Tabitha and them but I will laugh last. I guarantee it.

[She storms off as Mo quickly runs after her as the scene fades.]

---

Backstage we find the always charismatic and always scheming self-proclaimed Most Loved Man on the Planet known as Leviticus. He has a big smarmy grin on his face as he stares deep into the camera.

Leviticus: A reading from The Book of Leviticus, “When anyone brings a grain offering to the LORD, their offering is to be of the finest flour. They are to pour olive oil on it, put incense on it. The priest shall take a handful of the flour and oil, together with all the incense, and burn this as a memorial portion on the altar, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.”

A low chuckle escapes the man’s throat.

Leviticus: What is grain? It is nothing, really; but you can make it nice. You can use the finest of flours to make the grain, you can spice it up with oils, and even use incense or other sweet smelly stuff to make it smell great. After decorating it real good then you have a nice gift for the entire world. Take the United States of America, for example. Is it really anything special in and of itself? Seriously, this is just a country, not unlike any other country on this wretched little planet. What makes America great are the many decorative objects that make it look better than it really is. Its stories such as of The American Revolution and The Alamo, its symbols such as the Bald Eagle and the statue of liberty, all of this serves the same purpose as the olive oils and the incense to the grain; it just makes the original, dull object that much nicer and sweeter than it truly is in reality.

Captain Capitalism nods his head.

Leviticus: That’s right, Miss America, I spoke the truth about the country you so love. What are ya gonna do about it? You can say all you want about me and you can try very hard to shut me up but at the end of the day you know that I am right. As a matter of fact, YOU yourself are like the grain. You need the special oils and sweet smelling incense to make you even better than you are. Because when you strip away the outward appearance what are you really? What are you left with? You are left with absolutely nothing.

He smirks knowingly.

Leviticus: But a guy like me, The Maharajah of Marketing, I can change all of that. I can work miracles for people like you. See, I am the guy who takes that plain grain and turns it into a brilliant burnt offering for the lord. I am the guy who makes a plain country like the United States of America and turns it into the super powered glowing beacon of democracy that it is today. And you, little Miss America, I see a ton of great potential within that beautiful little body of yours. Miss America: The Movie! Miss America: The Autobiography! Miss America: The Action Figure! Even Captain America had his own action figure, so why not you?

He winks.

Leviticus: But if you are interested then yes, we can talk business. I am Captain Capitalism, after all. But business will have to be conducted after our match tonight, because that takes precedence. Shotgun, GCW, and the entire wrestling world will start taking notice of Your Righteous Savior and no one will stop me, not even you!

---

The scene rises up on a waving American flag over a perfect sunrise. The familiar southwestern-northeast accent of Miss America can be heard…

Miss America: “Resurrection has come and gone. The draft show has come and gone. The impact of Miss America has come…”

There is a pause. The scene shifts over to a spot near the horizon where Miss America can be seen standing at the summit, overlooking the American sky. She is clad in her red, white, and blue bikini top and a pair of short-cut Daisy Duke-style shorts. An American-made Harley Davidson rests on its perch to the side as she looks out on the scene,

Miss America: “There’s something to be said for missing Resurrection and the draft. The last time I stepped into the GCW ring, it was in a losing effort. It seems that the L’s had been piling up more than I would like. My impact hasn’t been very impactful, to say the least. But you know what? If there is one thing I embody, it is the American spirit. We don’t surrender. We don’t quit. We keep fighting. And I’ll keep fighting. Because as happy as I was for my best friend to become GCW’s Heritage Champion, God-dangit, I look in the mirror and see SO MUCH POTENTIAL that I don’t know what to do with it! I see SO MUCH inside of me that I know that I am capable of great things, and I’m not about to let that go to waste.”

She turns to the camera, moving over to her bike where she picks up her flag-airbrushed helmet.

Miss America: “Leviticus, you may be Captain Capitalism… and capitalism may have built America, but it’s not this nation’s soul. The soul of America is held within its hopes and it’s dreams. Well my hopes and dreams right now entail an all-American ass whopping, and I plan to deliver it to you personally at Shotgun. Take a video of it if you must. Sell it as a snuff film… I’m sure some people will get a charge out of it. Because Shotgun is going to be “The Tale of Miss America: Rising to Glory the American Way!” And you can have THAT exclusive.”

Miss America throws her helmet on over her head, getting onto the Harley and riding off past the camera. The scene shifts.

---

Miss America Vs Leviticus

Both competitors had a lot to prove. Leviticus wanted to build on the momentum he gained from challenging Travis Vessey. And Miss America wanted to get on track.

Levi grabbed a microphone. He made a pitch to Miss America about sponsoring “Miss America: The Best Robin In Wrestling, The Movie” Miss America didn’t take long to reject this offer by slapping him across the face. This lit Miss America up. She out wrestled The Most Loved Man On The Planet for a good stretch. He ducked under the ropes to force the referee to stave Miss America’s relentless assault. This was enough to gain the advantage with a poke to the eye followed by a Micinoku Driver.

Levi kept Miss America grounded for the most part. On occasion he would take a break from the action to leave the ring. He would ask Jim Bishop to plug one of his business ventures. Jim wanted no point in promoting the eccentricities of Levi. This came back to haunt Levi. Miss America had enough of his antics. She launched into a comeback by stringing together an exploder suplex (Fireworks). She caught him with the Red, Black, White and Blue Kick (An arm-wrench followed by a jumping side kick to the head). The crowd was firmly behind her.

Towards the end of the match, Levi reached into his tights. As Miss America assisted him up, he revealed he had a Festive Blowout. He blew it, creating enough of a noise to make Miss America wonder, “wtf.” This gave him enough time to hit The Book of Levi (Rock Bottom). He brought Miss America to her feet. Quickly followed things up with the Righteous Cleansing (moonlight driver).

A three count later, Levitcus won the match.

Winner: Leviticus

Leviticus rolled out the ring taking a victory lap. Miss America sat up, looked at the festive blowout, kicked it away as Leviticus continued celebrating like he won the World Championship.

---

"Slave to the Grind" by Halestorm plays and Katrina Lopez slowly walks out on the stage wearing a suit. She adjusts the collar of her jacket and then makes her way down the ramp. She asks for a microphone as she nears the steps and then walks in and goes between the ropes. The crowd cheers her as she stands in the middle of the ring. She can't help but smile before putting a hand up to quiet the crowd.

Katrina: I've got something I need to say. For the past two years, I've been working my ass off to get something in this company. I've fought hard and played by the rules. And you ask, what did it get you? A few opportunities, yeah. It caught the eye of my former tag patner and she used her opportunity to form a team and we made the most of it. We were Illuminaughty, and we were the tag champions.

She puts her mic down as the crowd cheers. She looks down and then brings the mic back to her mouth.

Katrina: But that's over now. There is no Illuminaughty. The office spoke and they cut that out of your lives. Out of my life. And then, as if pouring gasoline on the fire, our general manager tells me that her patience for me is running thin. That I only have so many chances or maybe I'll be out of this company, too.

The crowd resorts to boos as Katrina looks up and smirks.

Katrina: No, it's ok. You can't blame the boss for this one. The truth is I haven't kept up my end of the bargain here. At least in their eyes, I have been given the chance to fly and I've crashed head first into the ground, over and over again. She's giving me one last chance to sink or swim. This time, no one will throw me a lifesaver. This is it. So... I started looking around. I found myself someone new to work with.

The audience is heard talking amongst each other as Katrina paces back and forth in the middle of the ring.

Katrina: No, not another tag partner. A different kind of partnership. All will be revealed when it's ready. But this partner has shown me resources. They have helped me in ways I didn't know I needed. They showed me that there is a path forward. They illuminated my weaknesses and suggested ways to... alleviate the problem. So no longer will I be the same person you all want me to be.

A few light boos ring out from the crowd and a wider grin grows on Katrina's face.

Katrina: No more hesitation. No more mercy. I once said I had the most devastating kicks in this company. Maybe in the world. It's time that I prove that. Every single person who steps in my path, who interrupts my journey, I will take them down with a lethal dose of what my feet are capable of. No one in this company fights like me. No one! I came into wrestling after fighting in MMA. I was a cage fighter. I obliterated opponents with my fists. I choked them out. I did... whatever it takes.

The crowd continues to have a mixed reaction to Katrina as she talks, more aggression sounding from her voice with every word.

Katrina: When I came here, I lost a step. I didn't think I needed to be as mean. As aggressive. But no one in this company is like me. And soon, they will all understand that. I'm going to break them. I'm going to make people on this roster question their abilities as wrestlers in ths ring. I will get in their heads mentally, and then I will punctuate the damage physically. This is my declaration of war against their expectations for me. It's the moment you will all remember as Katrina Lopez ripping up their script and writing a new one. Maybe you're saying right now, what's wrong Katrina? Are you feeling ok?

She laughs to herself.

Katrina: I've never felt better. I have the confidence. I have the resources. I have... a path. They told me sink or swim and they expected me to drown. They never expected a hostile takeover. This is the only warning. It's my time now.

Katrina smirks and flips the mic as the crowd reacts in confusion. She fixes her collar and her tie and then she exits the ring and walks up the ramp grinning all the way.

---

[Earlier today....

In a large room that looks like a photo studio, D'Nae Moore stands in front of a gray backdrop, in her leopard print ring gear and boots, the GCW Heritage Championship belt resting slightly crooked around her tone waist. A camera man snaps away as D'Nae smiles and turns this way and that, posing in her first pictures as champion. Just behind the camera man is D'Nae's boyfriend Jeffrey Alexander.]

Cameraman: “Good, good. Big smile! There you go... rest your hands on the strap... perfect. Okay, turn left.... nono, like a profile... there you go, great! Look up at the sky... beautiful! Okay... lets take five.”

D'Nae: “Thanks”

[The camera man walks away, taking the camera with him. Jeff walks up to D'Nae, and the recording camera follows.]

Jeff: “Hey bae.. while we got a minute, you wanna tell everybody how it is, how it's gonna be with you carrying this gold?”

[jeff gestures to the camera. D'Nae smiles with a nod. She takes the belt from her waist and puts it over her shoulder, then Jeff steps aside.]

D'Nae: “Yeah, I'll tell em. How's it gonna be? Better than it was!

Before Resurrection, GCW had a so-called Championship named Mariah Starr, who only carried this championship thanks to that coward Kellen Jeffries sticking himself into my business and that bitch stole the win! I told all y'all, this championship should have been mine that night. I was mad, I was hot!

But you know what? I ain't mad anymore. What Kellen and Mariah did was force me to be better. I had to prove myself all over again, work harder, fight tougher... I went through Civil War then Resurrection. Stood by while Kellen kept throwing bullshit at both me and Jeff. I had to listen to people doubt me, try to say I wasn't good enough, when I knew... I KNEW... ever since that triple threat screw job that I AM good enough. But saying it ain't enough.”

I had to prove it. And this championship?

[D'Nae holds the belt up.]

D'Nae: “Unlike Mariah Starr... I can stand here and look all of you dead on and say that I earned this.

Having to fight twice as hard for the same rewards ain't nothing new to me. Been doing it all my life. But this? This one is by far the one I'm most proud of.

So, how's it gonna be with me as Heritage Champion?

You'll just have to wait and see. I'll promise you this though... if I impressed you with my victory at Resurrection... you ain't seen nothing yet. I'm ready to defend this, keep proving I deserve it, earn it every time I step in the ring. This right here isn't the end of my story.... I'm just getting started.

Get ready for Moore.”

[D'Nae kisses the faceplate before setting the belt back over her shoulder. Jeff takes her hand and pulls her towards him. She laughs as he kisses her.]

Jeff: “You tell them, bae.”

D'Nae: “I told them. But more importantly... Ima SHOW them.”

[The camera man returns, and Jeff steps back. D'Nae resumes her position in front of the backdrop.]

Cameraman: “Alright, let's see you raise that belt high overhead, like you just won it.”

[D'Nae gives a huge smile as she raises the title belt up, with both hands, looking every bit the champion that she is. Jeff looks on in admiration as D'Nae continues to pose, the camera clicking away as the video fades out.]

---

We open backstage where we find “The Phoenix” Marie Annabelle Jones. The Crown Jewel of Professional Wrestling was victorious at Resurrection X against her mother Angelica Jones but despite that victory, tonight she seems rather stoic and emotionless about it all. Jones is dressed in a knee length black skirt, a red blouse, black leather high heel pumps, and a black leather jacket. Her long red hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. As said earlier, she looks rather stoic as she stares into the camera.

Marie: I said it in the weeks building up to Civil War but no one believed me. I continued to say it again in the build up to Resurrection X but no one believed me. I needed to provide proof positive evidence that the time for change had arrived and I did that in front of the entire world in Madison Square Garden in New York City when I made “The Golden Goddess” Angelica Jones submit to the Angel’s Arch. It was a move she had utilized throughout her career to win thirteen world championships, a move she had used to help her move mountains and break barriers for women in this business. And I used that very same submission hold, the Angel’s Arch, to send her away into retirement.

The Phoenix sighs, seeming to indicate some difficulty in getting these words out. Perhaps she is emotional, despite the stoic front she is displaying?

Marie: Now I heard a great many things said from my colleagues, from fans, from my own family. Some of those things said about me were true and needed to be said. But one thing that was definitely not true was this narrative that this match was somehow a family feud between mother and daughter. If you are one of those who believe that narrative then you are wrong. This was a passing of the torch moment. Angelica Jones was a once in a generation talent and she was retiring. I wanted to know…

Jones catches herself, stops, and then shakes her head.

Marie: ...no, no, no...I NEEDED to know if I was worthy to carry that torch. I needed to know if I was worthy to carry on the legacy of the Jones family. And there was really only one way to do that and that was to defeat Angelica herself. That is why Resurrection X was so important to me, personally. I needed to prove to myself that I could carry on her legacy. And by making her tap out to the Angel’s Arch, I proved to myself, to GCW, and to the world at large that change has arrived and a new Jones Family Legacy has begun. But it is not being carried by me alone. This legacy is being carried by my twin sister Kimberly Williams. It is also being carried on by my half-sister on Livewire, Jessica Lasiewicz. All three of us will continue to carry on this legacy.

The Phoenix motions to herself.

Marie: But as far as I am concerned, this is a new beginning for me. I look out at the new landscape of Shotgun post-draft and I see a new Heritage Champion has been crowned, I see that the North American Championship has been brought over to Shotgun, and I see that the World Champion, Nadia Allen, managed to survive Resurrection with her title intact. So this goes out as a warning to any champion on this roster...I am gunning for you. This goes out as a warning to anyone on this roster who thinks that they are the end all be all of Shotgun...I am gunning for you, and I will be the one to gladly burst your bubble and introduce you to reality. Whatever new challenges may lie ahead of me on Shotgun, all I have to say is bring it on because I am The Phoenix, and I am ready to proudly carry the torch, I am ready to march into the future, and you are looking at The Crown Jewel of Professional Wrestling.

---

Jeffrey Alexander Vs Katrina Lopez

Katrina began the much ultra aggressive, knocking Jeff down with a running knee. She mounted him. Began laying in him with rights and lefts, making it known that this is a brand new Katrina Lopez we are going to see from now on. The referee had to break her off Jeff. She compiled. She tackled him down to the ground again. The cold fury of her punches reigned down on him.

Eventually Jeff was able to collect himself. He sped the pace up. Avoiding Katrina’s strikes.

The match came to a close when Jeffrey was on the ring apron. He springboarded back into the ring. Whatever he was trying to do we’ll never know, Katrina caught him with her Last Light spin kick right to the head. She wasn’t done. She placed her foot under Jeff’s head, helped him up only to deliver a second Last Light spin kick for good measure.

She dropped down for the cover. And that was all she wrote.

Winner: Katrina Lopez.

After the referee raised her hand, she yanked it back. Dusted her hands off. Turned her back to everyone and walked away.

---

[From Resurrection Night 3]

[Nadia was able to remain standing, not letting Julia fully cinch in the Triangle Choke. The champ maneuvered her way out the hold, immediately cinched in the Kimura Lock. Nadia was able to cinch it fully in. Julia tried her darndest to find a way out the kimura. No matter how much she struggled there was pretty much no way out. The referee came to the conclusion that Julia wasn’t going to be able to find her way out the hold, he made a choice to call for the bell.]

"The ref calls it! Nadia Allen is still the champion! Nadia Allen, finally a winner at Resurrection."

[The image transitions to the GCW headquarters where Roderick Osborn is sitting across the room from the World Heavyweight Champion herself. Nadia has her championship draped over her shoulders as she wears a black and red version of her t-shirt.]

Roderick: Nadia, now that it's been a month since you defended your title against Julia Braddock, how do you feel now?

Nadia: Relief.

[Nadia and Roderick share a laugh.]

Roderick: Why's that?

Nadia: There was just so much talk going on leading up to the match. You know, people making predictions, the whole thing about me never winning at Resurrection, Julia' redemption. All that stuff. You know me, I just wanted to get to the match. I knew I could beat her. I knew there was a lot of pressure on me but I wanted to face it. I think that's part of being World Champion is to embrace everything that comes your way and being able to handle it.

[The video shows the aftermath of the match between Julia and Nadia, with the crowd on their feet. Both women deserved the standing room only applause that they received. The referee handed Nadia the championship. She held her belt up. Then the referee checked on Julia who was clutching her arm, leaving no doubt the damage that Nadia caused. Julia did manage to find a way to her feet. Her and Nadia locked eyes. Both women nodded. Julia walked away to give Nadia the floor. The referee held the ropes open to help Julia out the ring. Julia stared at her, thinking about what could have been. She walked away. ]

Roderick: You touched on it just now. You've competed at Resurrection. You had never won on that show. Take us back to the moment the match is over. What were you feeling in the moment?

Nadia: In the moment I felt validated. There was this weight lifted off my shoulders. I don't have to hear people saying I couldn't win in big matches. But the only reason people said that was because I had lost those matches at Resurrection so the only person I could be pissed at was myself. But I just believed in myself, believed in the fact that I'm the champion, I walked to the ring that night as champion and I was the best wrestler alive. She had to beat me to prove herself and I had to beat her to show everyone that I could do it. So it was a special moment for me just because it was a hard match and she gave me everything she had and..that's what the World title should be about. That's the way things should be done. We both had things we were fighting for but someone had to fall. And it sure as f**k wasn't going to be me.

[We cut to Nadia sitting on her knees in the ring after the match in front of the crowd at Madison Square Garden. ]

Nadia: I think I'm going to die.

[A shot of the crowd is shown laughing as Nadia lays her back on the canvas.]

Roderick: Something that jumped out to people after the match.

[Nadia laughs a bit and nods.]

Roderick: You talking to the crowd to close the show. That's not something we've ever seen you do.

Nadia: Honestly it's not an original idea. One thing I do in my free time i watch wrestling from all over and doing the closing speech, that's something you see in Japanese wrestling. Whoever wins in the main event, they close the show. I thought it was always cool and...you know, I thought it could be cool after the match to talk to him and share a real moment with them. I just won the biggest match of my life and I felt like I was dying. I wanted to share a real moment of what I was feeling with the fans. It was different and something you don't see here. It's different for me. I don't really talk. But it's something I'm going to do more going forward. I want it to be this connecting point between me and the fans.

Roderick: Interesting that you mention the term different. I feel you've used that word to describe yourself now as World Champion.

Nadia: Everything has changed. I now feel a sense of pride to not just be a strong champion, but bring something new as one of the top wrestlers in GCW. The way I see things is not like others and the way I approach things is not like everyone else. And I want to show everyone that I am the best wrestler in the company. I know there's going to be people coming after me from every corner and I'm looking forward to that because I want to beat them all one by one. But I also want to invite that. I want people to challenge me. I want to challenge some of them, too.

[We cut back to Nadia's speech at MSG.]

"I think the best way to honor GCW's history is be one of the people leading it to it's future. And for someone like me to do it. But that doesn't matter. What matters is today. It doesn't matter if you came from a messed up family life like me. It doesn't matter where you came from. All of you are capable of doing the things that I am doing now. I want to do new things with this belt and I want to be a champion that won't bullshit you guys, that won't run from challengers. No matter what, I promise I will fight til the end until someone beats me."

Roderick: Do you have anyone in particular that you want to challenge?

[We cut back to Nadia in the headquarters.]

Nadia: I know I want my next defense to be against someone who's never had a World title match before.

Roderick: Really?

Nadia: I've talked to Silverstone about it. I think it would be really interesting for the fans to see. They're used to seeing the usuals fighting over the World title. Kayl, Kellen, Vessey, Harker, Lenore. And all those guys are elite and they've proven themselves. But there's people like Chanel Hunter and Mara Kade and Ronin who have been kicking ass and showing everyone what they can do for a while. Fighting them over the belt would be a challenge for me because I've never fought those people. They've never had World title shots. And it's just something new. New people fighting over the belt. Just imagine me defending the title against someone like D'Nae Moore? That's a fun match, both for the fans and me as a wrestler and a competitor.

"Anything is possible in GCW. Whether rich or poor, big or small, weak or strong, Nadia Allen will fight them all. Because through thick and thin, there is no one nastier than me."

[We see the confetti rain down on Nadia at MSG and slapping hands with the fans before cutting back to Nadia and Roderick in the studio.]

Roderick: You said at Resurrection the best way to honor GCW's rich history was to help lead GCW to the future. What is the future that you envision for GCW?

Nadia: I don't know actually. And I think that's the fun part. The only thing I know is I'm going to still be the best wrestler on Shotgun, taking on all comers. Anything could happen right now and like I said, there's a lot of new face fighting for top spots. It does feel like a changing of the guard is happening and I'm one of those people out in front. That's where I plan to stay. In front. But I know if I let that get to my head, I won't be. So that's what keeps me going and I look forward to seeing what happens.

[Nadia smiles confidently as the video ends with her holding the title high on the ramp at Resurrection.]

---

We open backstage and there the camera spots “The Very Best” (cue the cheesy toothy grin) Steve Powers dressed for combat tonight as he prepares to face Isabella Harker. He appears to be very intense and focused but that focus is interrupted when his sister, “The Most Valuable Powers” Aubrianna Powers enters the scene from stage right, with her half of the GCW Global Tag Team Championship belts wrapped around her waist.

Aubrey: Steve-O! How are ya doing, big bro?

Steve: What do you want, Aubrey?

The MVP places her hands on her hips.

Aubrey: Do I have to have a reason to see my brother? Notice I didn’t say my “favorite” brother because Derek is here. At least he should be here anyway. All three Powers siblings are on the same show again! Isn’t that great?

Steve sighs and nods his head.

Steve: Sure it is, now if you’ll excuse me…

Aubrey: Awwww, what’s wrong, bro? Are you worried about tonight? I wouldn’t be if I were you. But then again, if I were you I would be a lousy, second rate hack who is on his last legs. That’s clearly what everyone thinks about you, including Silverstone; because you aren’t expected to do much against Isabella Harker...whom I, coincidentally, defeated at the Draft Show, by the way…

Steve: Didn’t Chantelle play a role in that?

The MVP rolls her eyes.

Aubrey: Of course, but that’s what Most Valuable Friends do, they help each other. You? You have no friends. You haven’t had any since Adam Craig was put on the shelf. But enough of the negativity, big bro, because our brother Derek has a title shot guaranteed to him in the future, I am the reigning GCW Global Tag Team Champion, and you could very well put your own career back on track against Isabella Harker. I beat her. And if I can do it, so can you. Just ask yourself...What Would Aubrey Do?

Steve: I get what you’re doing, Aubrey and maybe this is karma biting me in my sweet ass because I once just as cocky as you and I treated people just like you treat people now. But shouldn’t you be more concerned about your own match tonight than you are about mine against Harker?

Aubrey: Oh you mean The Sovereign? OUR match tonight in the main event of Shotgun? We went undefeated at Resurrection, winning the GCW Global Tag Team Championships in the process. We defeated The HERStory Makers on the Draft Show. And now tonight we’re facing Knight, Foxx, and the GCW World Champion Nadia Allen. We’re a well-oiled machine, bro, and those three have nothing on us. And once we defeat the three of them tonight, Chanel will be able to go after Nadia and bring the GCW World Championship home to The Sovereign where it belongs.

The MVP pats Steve on the back.

Aubrey: You’re right, Steve-O, we are a lot alike. Back in the day you rode with your group, The Elite. But me? I ride with The Sovereign and we’re better than you guys ever could hope to be. Our dominance in GCW is just beginning and it won’t be long until the three of us are all covered in championship gold. And GCW can just learn to love it.

The MVP winks and then walks off.

---

Backstage…

Dexter Russell stands by,,,

Russell: “I’m looking to get a brief word from the now-former GCW Heritage Champion, Mariah… oh, there she is!”

Dexter chases after Mariah…

Russell: “Mariah… do you have anything to say after losing the GCW Heritage Championship to D’Nae Moore at Resurrection?”

He holds the microphone in front of her face as she looks at him, disgusted. Rolling her eyes, she snaps her fingers. Two of her heavies step out from behind her, taking Dexter by the arms and dragging him off. Mariah shakes her head at him as the scene shifts elsewhere.

---

Samuel Price can be seen standing by.

Price: “My guest at this time is making her return to GCW Shotgun as a member of this roster for the first time since 2017… please join me in welcoming Isabella Harker!”

There is a faint booing from the crowd as Isabella Harker, the newly-minted Hall of Famer, steps into the scene with a big smile on her face.

Price: “First of all, Isabella, welcome back…”

Harker takes a hold of the microphone in Sam’s hand, raising it to her lips.

Harker: “Thank you, Samuel. It must be thrilling to know that I, Isabella Harker, have returned to the show that made her… a conquering hero!”

There is a bit of audible derision as Harker defends her record.

Harker: “No… I went out there to become a CHAMPION, and first… first my International Championship reign ended up being the longest in history! Not only that, but I made HERSTORY by being the FIRST individual to compete TWICE in one Resurrection weekend as I defended that Championship against two separate opponents, two separate nights! Hadn’t been done before! I did it. Then I went on and became GCW Global Champion not once, but TWICE! Think about that… I left Shotgun for glory and succeeded at everything I endeavored, ultimately finding myself in the GCW Hall of Fame. And now, I triumphantly return to Shotgun as THE biggest win of the draft. Let’s be honest… by bringing me back here, Shotgun undisputedly won the 2021 GCW draft.”

Price: “Other than that…”

Harker: “I mean, let’s be honest. On Shotgun, I still have unfinished business. And what would it do for my legacy here to become one of the select few to have held BOTH GCW World and Global Championships? What would it mean to hold the World Championship while my best friend and fellow HERstory Maker Lenore Price-Mason carries the Global Championship? You want to talk “HERstory”? THAT is it! And THAT road begins tonight, when I utterly decimate and humiliate a “legend” in this company. And yes, I’ll give the Devil his due. Steve Powers is a legend here. Though, if we were fair, he didn’t have an Isabella Harker to compete with during his early days. If he DID, his legend would never have reached the heights it did. But that doesn’t matter now. Right now, what matters is that I’m going to take a man who is past his best-before date and flush him down the drain with all the other sewage. Because this? This is my time, and I don’t plan to yield it to a washed-up has-been. Then, it’s upward.”

Harker smiles before exiting the scene, not giving Samuel a chance to ask any questions. The scene shifts

---

Steve Powers Vs Isabella Harker

Steve Powers showed up to the match as jovial as ever. With a huge grin on his face he recited his name... The Very Best *cheesy smile* Steve Powers. Isabella on the other hand didn’t come to play around. She smacked Steve in the face (smacking the smile off him in the process). In turn, the GCW/GDW legend punched Isabella in the face, dropping her to the mat. She smirked.

Game on.

For 60% of the match Isabella controlled the ebb and flow. Steve showed true grit, showing why he is a legend. In the end, Isabella was too much for Mr. Powers. She locked in the “The Beastly Bindings”. Powers held off as long as he could before. He relented. Tapping out was the only option.

Winner: Isabella Harker

--

We open backstage where we find the newest Hall of Fame inductee and journalist extraordinaire, Dexter Russell. Standing with him is “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams. Next to the deranged ginger is a Dalek...yes, that rolly, pepper pot shaped thing with delusions of grandeur...and it is carrying Kimberly’s bag of tricks. Kimberly has has a thing of onion rings that she is eating.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Dexter Russell and with me at this time is “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams…

Kimberly: Want one?

She shoves an onion ring at Dexter.

Dexter: Huh?

Kimberly: It’s National Onion Ring Day! Want an onion ring?

Dexter: Uh, no thanks…

Kimberly: Suit yourself. They are delicious! I was kind of hoping Tabsy would let all of us Shotgun roster members celebrate by holding every match within the confines of a giant onion ring instead of a standard wrestling ring! Wouldn’t that be fun?

Dexter: Maybe...but wouldn’t that negate the whole point of wrestling? Which is competition?

Kimberly: There can be competition in a match held within an onion ring. Maybe instead of pin or submission it can be first to eat their way out of the onion ring wins? Take tonight for instance. Me and the Sith Lord himself Andrew Raynes may be pretty damn close in terms of violence and brutality, but if it were an eating contest then I would whip his ass hands down!

Russell shakes his head.

Dexter: Well this is not an eating contest, it is a standard wrestling match between yourself and the newest member of the Shotgun roster. And Raynes isn’t alone. He has brought Dustin Adams back with him. Knowing all of that, what do you have in mind for tonight?

Kimberly: Me? Oh c’mon, Dex, look at me! I am eating a bag of onion rings, I have a Dalek, and I am the self-proclaimed Champion of Lizards! Do I really look like the kind of person who has a plan? I’m just gonna do what I do every single night; I am going to go out there, do stuff, and see what happens! But I will show you one thing…

She reaches into her bag of tricks and then produces a sharp of broken shard.

Kimberly: See this? This is the same broken shard of my old Lizard Championship belt, broken by Giovanni Aries, and I used it to stab him! That was after I used a staple gun on him! You want to know what I plan to do tonight against Andrew Raynes? That’s the wrong question. You should be asking….is there anything I WON’T do tonight against Andrew Raynes?

Kimberly skips away with her loyal Dalek in tow.

Pre-recorded...

The footage is of a semi-busy city street. Among the people walking the sidewalk, we see one man standing there, waiting for someone. We pan in on this man, who we now see is GCW's very own Samuel Price. He's not in his usual full suit, as it's summer and he's outside. But, he's still dressed nicely. He is given the cue and starts to speak.

Sam: "I am Sam Price, out on assignment for Global Championship Wrestling. Today, I am in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and joining me soon will be Pittsburgh's very own Brooklyn Smith. In fact, I believe that's her now."

The camera pans back to see a woman approaching Price. She is dressed in shorts, a blouse, and a black and gold baseball cap, her brown hair in a pony tail that sticks out the back of the cap. As she gets within a few feet of Sam, she stops and smiles.

Brooklyn: "Thank you for coming, Sam! I appreciate it!"

Price smiles, then looks up at the sky.

Sam: "Looks like it might rain."

Brooklyn: "It might. You won't melt. Are you hungry?"

Price nods.

Sam: "I am."

Brooklyn: "Follow me!"

There is a time shift. Sam and Brook are walking along another street. They each are carrying a fish sandwich.

Sam: "This is really good!"

Brook beams.

Brooklyn: "I told you! Best place to get seafood in the Burgh!"

Smith takes a bite.

Sam: "I'm sure you didn't bring me all the way here to feed me. So, let's talk about you."

Brook nods.

Brooklyn: "I promised you a tell-all exclusive. I figured the fish sandwich would be a bonus. So, yeah, I released my autobiography, Hell in a Cell, back in 2018. But that was about my ordeal with a religious cult and an evil man who is now behind bars. I didn't go deep into my wrestling career. Maybe I'll write another book one day, but until then, I got you."

Smith winks. Sam pulls out a pad with some notes.

Sam: "I do appreciate this. One thing that surprised me when I was researching you, is, there's no question that you are one of the most loved members of the GCW roster, but you have never won the Most Loved award."

Brook shakes her head.

Brooklyn: "I haven't, no. The only award I've won, in fact, has been tag-team of the year with my besty Olivia."

Sam: "That may be so, but you have other accolades, and quite an impressive resume here in GCW. World Champion, World Tag-Team Champion, North American Champion, X-Division Champion, and 2018 Civil War winner. But, Brook, the rumor mill has been buzzing that you have been contemplating retirement. Any truth to those rumors?"

Smith sighs and finds a bench, where she sits. Price sits next to her.

Brooklyn: "Rumors that started because of a few frustrated social media posts, I'm sure."

Sam: "So you are denying the validity of these rumors?"

Brook surprises Sam by shaking her head.

Brooklyn: "No, I'm not. In 2018, I had it all. I won Civil War. I defeated Chantelle Chambers to become World Champion. Then, I was concussed. Out for almost an entire year. I haven't been the same since."

Sam: "Are you still suffering symptoms from that concussion?"

Again, a shake of the head.

Brooklyn: "No. Physically, I'm fine. I mean, I am 34, so the body obviously is slowing down a little bit...and maybe I can't keep up with some of the younger talent, but no. There are no headaches or vertigo or anything like that. I think it's all psychological, to be honest with you."

Once again, Price looks surprised.

Sam: "Really? How so?"

Brooklyn: "After my injury, coming back was rough. I mean, getting into shape and passing all the requirements to get back into the ring. Concussion protocol is a bitch once you've failed it. I started putting too much pressure on myself. Liv retired. Tim retired. Jazmyn left. To be brutally honest, I was scared shitless."

She laughs a little.

Brooklyn: "I talked myself into believing that I couldn't do it, and I did a damn good job at it, too."

Price frowns, looking at his notes.

Sam: "You did hold the X-Division Championship for a while between 2019-2020. It was after that when things started to go bad for you, so it wasn't immediately after your return."

Brooklyn: "It took time to eat away at me."

She shrugs.

Sam: "Let's go into that time a little deeper."

The words "To be continued" show up on the screen as the image of Price and Smith fades.

--

Kim Williams Vs Andrew Raynes

Jose Diaz was the referee assigned to this contest. He definitely drew the short straw.

Andrew and Kim meet in the center of the ring. Both nodded. Then they began slugging it out, didn’t take long for Andrew to win in that endeavor. Kim switched tactics. She grabbed Andrew’s hand, bit down on his fingers, which didn’t amuse Andrew in the least. He missed some pretty wild swings. Kim skipped circles around him. Then crawled between his legs when he tried to floor her with a clothesline. Dropkicked him in the back. Tried a tiger feint kick which he ducked, all the toying around came to an end when Raynes caught her with a spinbuster.

Andrew did keep Kim grounded for the most part. Working primarily on the neck. Likely setting up for Embrace The Hate. Kim did have her moments. She targeted the knee. Was able to pull off a tornado ddt. A blockbuster. Connected with an Asai Moonsault. Raynes did pepper in a reverse neckbreaker. Inverted facelock neckbreaker. This match was physical, brutal. Intense.

The conclusion of the match came with Andrew Raynes having Kim Williams in the corner. He was reigning fist. Jose Diaz started the customary 5 count to warn Raynes. Diaz got to 5. The referee grabbed Raynes before he could get another enough shot in.

Raynes stared at Diaz. Then grabbed him by the throat. Diaz naturally pleaded with Raynes to let go. That was the least of his concerns. Before he knew it, Kim kicked him between the legs, Rayne shrugged. Dropped Diaz with Hate Never Sleeps. Kim and Andrew stared at each other, silently agreeing they didn’t need a referee to finish what they started. Security and several officially rushed down to the ring to break things up. Head referee Malcolm Stride checked on Diaz. Looked at Kim and Andrew screaming “what is wrong with you two.”

Kim and Andrew shrugged. That was that.

Winner: No contest.

---

The following is paid for by The Sovereign.

The pre-recorded scene opens up on a red carpet. Chantelle Chambers, dressed to the absolute nines, is the subject of many photographers, with flashes from behind the camera illuminating the scene. Her voice narrates over it.

Chantelle: “I know you all want a glimpse of greatness. You yearn for it. You crave it. To bask just off the spotlight of glory… it’s all many of you could ever hope for. That’s why, when I decided to hang up my boots, I always knew I was going to give you ample opportunity to say goodbye.”

She spins on the carpet, and the train of her dress twirls around her. She holds her head on her shoulder, smiling…

Chantelle: “So a year-long farewell tour? No one but me deserves that kind of attention… that kind of spotlight. It’s reserved for someone of MY stature. And that is me being selfless. I’m giving you a chance to say goodbye. Any city… any arena that GCW appears in, you may just get your last glimpse of the greatest wrestler built up under this banner. But selfishly…”

Chantelle chuckles in her narration as she laughs on her red carpet.

Chantelle: “Selfishly I want to see my Sovereign sister, Chanel Hunter, become World Champion. Selfishly, I want to be able to wrap that Championship around her waist before I go, and I know she is close. It’s not a matter of “if”... it is a matter of “when”. And “when” it happens, I will be there to toast to her and celebrate her.”

In the video, she is escorted off the red carpet, moved towards the back of a limousine which she steps inside. The window rolls down and she blows kisses as the car starts…

Chantelle: “And other than that? You know how it goes… for one more year, All Eyes On Me!”

The limo speeds off as the scene shifts…

---

Kendra Classic can be seen inside the Classic Wrestling Academy in St. Louis, Missouri. She sits on the edge of the ring, sweat cascading down her brow, soaking her hair, as she runs her taped up hands on the edge of the canvas.

Classic: “Resurrection was a night of catharsis for many reasons. My girls and I did what we said we were going to do. Mason Van Stanton? Out of our business. Clyde Sutter? Not a part of GCW. The McBrides? Beaten and left in a heap. Wrestling’s Most Wanted? Victorious. And now, we can put that nuisance behind us once and for all and move forward towards what our DESTINY is.”

She nods her head, looking at a poster on the wall of her and Hannah Myers as GCW World Tag Team Champions.

Classic: “It’s been far too long now since Hannah and I have been Champions, partly due to Mason’s interference. But with him fully out of the picture, now we’re free to go back on the hunt, and that is bad news for Scream Machine.”

Kendra smirks.

Classic: “Because when it’s over, they’re going to learn that whatever “brand” they want to build has already been built and known as Wrestling’s MOST Wanted!”

With that, the scene shifts away...

---

Main Event:
The Sovereign (Chantelle Chambers/Aubriana Powers/Chanel Hunter) Vs Nadia Allen, Yvonne Knight & Domino Foxx

The match began with Aubriana in the ring with Domino Foxx. Aubrey showed Foxx disrespect by pie facing her. Foxx didn’t take kind to that, shoving Aubrey down to the ground. Aubrey got in her face, playing the “don’t know you who I am” card. To which Foxx responded with a forearm to the face. Followed up by another. Followed by a scoop slam. Foxx tried an elbow drop which she missed. Aubrey got back up, caught her with a vicious slap. Foxx didn’t take kindly to that. Slapped her back. Both women brawled for a moment. Aubrey took Foxx down with a hip toss followed by a leg drop. She mocked Foxx. Foxx kicked Aubrey in the shin. She went to the corner to take in Knight.

Aubrey walked over to her corner, tagged Chantelle in. Knight and Chantelle spent the next couple of minutes trading holds. Ivy would show her grit, getting the best of Chantelle in spurts, but the Global Tag Team Champion didn’t allow that to happen for very long. Before things could heat up significantly, Chanel called out for a tag. Chantelle obliged. Chanel pointed to Nadia, she wanted her in the match. Knight obliged the request.

Chanel and Nadia meet face to face. Chanel letting Nadia know that she couldn’t touch this, Nadia shrugged her shoulders. Told Chanel to give her all she had. An exchange of elbow shots to the face happened. Neither woman backing down. Chanel snuck in a knee to the gut. Chanel with a suplex. Picked Nadia up. Nadia blocked another suplex attempt, followed up with one of her own. Both women rose to their feet. The brawling continued until Nadia found herself in the Sovereign tag corner. Aubrey blind tagged herself in the match. Gave Nadia a boot to the face, Aubrey tagged Chantelle in. They did more damage with a double team flat jack.

All three members of The Sovereign kept Nadia isolated from her partners. Nadia fought back. Wound up making the hot tag to Domino. She cleared house for a little while. Got a two count on Chanel until the count was broken up. Knight eventually found herself as the legal participant. It was Knight and Chanel the legal people.

Towards the end of the contest, Chanel blasts Ivy Knight in the head with the Velvet Revolver while Chantelle and Aubrey are brawling with Nadia and Domino on the outside. With no one to break up the count, Chanel is able to hold Ivy’s shoulders to the mat uninterrupted for the one-two-three.

Winners: The Sovereign.

Chantelle and Aubrey rejoin Chanel in the ring. They raise Chanel’s arms in the air instead of the referee. Nadia can be seen walking over to grab her World Championship. Chanel is unable to keep her eyes off Nadia as she walks around the ring to head up the ramp. Nadia stops. Turns around. Looks at Chanel. She raises the World Championship in the air. Chanel is mouthing off letting Nadia know she’s coming.

All of a sudden, Tabitha Silverstone walks out on stage.

Silverstone: Very exciting show right?

The crowd cheers, confirming that they enjoyed tonights show.

Silverstone: There is no point beating around the bush. Chanel. You beat former World Champion Brittany Kayl. No denying you have been on a roll as of late. At Last Respects, you will challenge Nadia Allen for the World Championship.

The crowd cheers. Chanel smirks. Nadia has a stoic expression on her face. By now we know that she is game for any challenge. Tabitha walks away as the show closes on Nadia and Chanel unable to take their eyes off each other.