Site Admin

The Julia Foundation: 4

Post by admin » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:04 pm

==========
June 2nd, 2021
Roslin, Scotland
Off Camera
==========

The sky is a bright blue and the scenery is perfect, almost too perfect for Roslin, Scotland. There is a building, grayish in color, and just looking at it gives one the impression that it was once an abandoned piece of junk. But now it seems livelier than ever as workmen and other crew seem busy on what has now become a construction site, rebuilding and reshaping this formerly abandoned building. And who is behind this remodeling effort? It very well could be the man in the tweed jacket, button up shirt, and khaki pants standing not too far away; none other than Henry Van Stanton.

Resurrection X has only recently passed. Henry feels somewhat guilty about not visiting his brother, Mason Van Stanton, who was thrown off the top of the cell and crashed through the announce position. Henry can’t help but think that Mason brought a great deal of it on himself. Still, he is family and he wishes he could go see him. But he has been kept busy right here in Scotland by a woman he never thought he would be working with ever again; Chastity Alexis Noel.

Noel wants to start a charity of sorts, called The Julia Foundation. She wants to use this foundation and any money or profits it brings in to help wayward young people, no matter what issue they may have whether it be addiction, crime, etc. For Chastity it is a mission of love and giving back. She once found herself caught up with problems associated with her drug addiction. Thanks to the generosity of Aphrodite Noel she got clean, sober, and became a stronger woman as a result. As payment, Julia Braddock would become Chastity Noel and acknowledged Aphrodite as her mother. Now Chastity wishes to be just as generous and giving to others who find themselves in similar situations as she once found herself in.

It is certainly a noble cause, one which Henry Van Stanton is glad to help with. But Chastity also competed at Resurrection X. She was in the main event, competing as Julia Braddock against Nadia Allen for the GCW World Championship. Unfortunately Braddock came up short in her bid to become champion for a second time. As much as she wanted to win that championship, as obsessed as she seemed with becoming champion, Henry expected her to still be grieving over the loss. He certainly didn’t anticipate her being right back here in Scotland to check up on his efforts.

Yet now he stands here awaiting the arrival of his business partner. It isn’t long until he sees a fancy white vehicle approaching off in the distance. He watches and waits as it approaches and then slowly comes to a stop. The door opens and sure enough Chastity Noel exits the vehicle. She is wearing a v-neck white midi-dress with three quarter sleeves and black patent leather high heel pumps. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to just past the shoulders.

“There you are, Chastity.” Henry checks his watch. “And right on time, I see.”

“I always try to be punctual, Henry.” She looks at the building before her and smiles broadly. “This is very nice, Henry! Much nicer than the photo you showed me!”

“Well the photo I showed you was when it was abandoned, before any work had been done. As soon as I received your permission I hired a construction crew to come and begin the remodeling process. The Julia Foundation should have a nice home here in Roslin.”

Chastity nods her head. “I agree, it is good that I chose this place as opposed to Nevada. Not only will this provide a ready made building as opposed to building from scratch, but I also get to stay close to home. I may be a Noel, but Braddock blood still runs through my veins and this is my home.”

“Shall I show you some of the inside?”

“Yes.”

Henry motions for Chastity to follow him towards the building. They approach the front entrance. Henry holds the door open to allow Chastity to step inside. Van Stanton follows her inside and shuts the door behind them. Henry motions to the first room they find themselves in.

“As you can see this is a rather large area, quite nice for a lobby. But it is also large enough that you have the option to change things if you wish. You could even have your office right here near the front by adding a room in this area, but I think there is a better spot for your office in the back, if you want my opinion.”

“I think I’d prefer an office in the back.” Chastity muses out loud.

“Then lets go see it.”

Henry walks on towards the hallway and Chastity follows him. They walk down a long, winding hallway that leads to an already open door. Henry leads Chastity inside a large room, not as large as the one they just left but still fairly big. There is even a window overlooking the scenery outside.

“How do you like it?”

“Very nice! This office will be wonderful!”

“Well I am glad you approve but as you know all of the remodeling we are done will be expensive. To be honest, I am still surprised you had enough financial reserves to not only buy this land and building but to also pay for the remodeling.”

Chastity smirks. “AND I bought out my sister Lindsey, so now I have complete ownership of the Glenn Braddock Family Home.”

“Wait...Glory sold you the family home?”

“Her name is Lindsey, Henry. Lindsey Noel. And yes, she sold it to me. She wanted to give it to me but I would have none of the sort. For a long time I had to rely on others to prop me up and that is how I got into so much of the trouble I found myself in one year ago. I want to make my own way and I do not want to accept handouts. So I insisted that she let me pay her for it.”

Henry sighs, showing a clear and deep concern over this revelation. He isn’t concerned that Chastity now owns her own home. That is terrific news. But there is another reason this revelation bothers him and he cannot contain it any longer.

“Julia...I mean, Chastity, you have been throwing around money right and left with seemingly no end in sight. I must ask, how did you manage to obtain so much money?”

“Does it matter?”

“As a concerned friend it does matter, yes.”

“Fine. It started one year ago, after my sister and your brother had me committed to a mental asylum. The only person to visit me was my cousin, Angelica Jones. I was ready to give up and just let them win but she convinced me to fight back. She also gave me the first means of fighting back; a large sum of money to keep me going once I got out. Now I had no idea that your brother would actually use that contract I had with him to take so much away from me, including my apartment in Charlotte, but I sensed that might try something so I prepared. I took the money from Angelica and invested it. It was money I gained after I broke ties with Mason so he had no way of touching it. And that money, and the investments I made with it, it all paid off. In no time I doubled that amount of cash Angelica gave me.”

Henry shakes his head. “That’s impressive but still, you can’t make the kind of money you obviously now have just by playing the stock markets alone. Where else did you get this cash?”

“From a Braddock. Sort of. You see, Henry, Glenn Braddock is the man this nation knows all about. He is the man popular for being a wrestling master. He is the man popular for training future world champions. The Englishmen and women love him. But he wasn’t an only child.”

“Of course!” Henry exclaims. “Yours and Glory’s uncle Peter Braddock…”

“When my father divorced Mary Ford and she left for the United States, leaving dad alone to raise both my sister and I by himself, well of course he couldn’t handle it, of course he needed help. While he was busy training my sister to take up his mantle, our uncle was practically raising me. I spent more time with him than I did with my own father.” A single solitary tear forms in her eye, which she quickly wipes away. “That’s why I was so broken up when he passed away from cancer a few years ago. I was devastated. His will left everything, including a rather profitable business, to me.”

Henry approaches Chastity. “I had no idea....”

“That’s because I’m trying to keep it quiet. I do not want the world to think that I’m just another Glory Braddock. Lindsey is content with that identity defining her. I do want to be a success, I do want to make a difference, and I do want to be a world champion again, but I want to do it my own way, on my terms, and to be recognized not as being just Glory Braddock’s sister or Glenn Braddock’s daughter. That is why I am paving my own way and doing things vastly different from the way my sister has done them.” She grins. “Be unique...that’s what my uncle Pete always told me. He told me to be unique. And I am going to live up to that promise. I will make my own unique mark upon this world, and this Foundation will be a large part of it.”

Chastity walks over to the window and stares outside. “I was once content to try and be another Glenn Braddock or another Glory Braddock. That thought process led to the stress that led to my drug addiction. Aphrodite, saved me and reminded me of what my uncle said about being unique and creating my own image outside of my famous sister and father. I just want to return the favor with the help of this foundation, Henry.”

“Is being World Champion still on your priority list, even after Resurrection?”

“Especially after Resurrection. I may have been beaten by Nadia but that won’t stop me. I have beaten drug addiction, I have beaten forty plus opponents in a Civil War Match, and damn it I can beat this as well! I can beat anyone that is put in my path on becoming champion again. GCW is the place where I can make my own unique mark upon the world and to do that I have to become champion again. And I will not stop until that dream is realized.”

There is a tense pause as Henry isn’t quite sure what to say to a clearly emotional Chastity. Eventually the blonde starts laughing lightly. She turns and faces Henry. “I apologize, Henry. As Chastity I am more capable of controlling my emotions; being cold, unfeeling at times. Sometimes that’s a good thing. But if I bottle it up too much it can become problematic, especially when I do get emotional and it does finally come out at once like a tidal wave. I got emotional and Julia came out...sorry…I know you were here for business, not to listen to me rant.”

“Do not apologize.” Henry says, shaking his head. “It is good to get these emotions out. Bottling them up is never a good thing...Julia. You need to let that side of you out every so often. Have you kept that bottled up since Resurrection?”

“Pretty much.” She says, nodding her head. “I just...I still can’t believe I failed.”

“It is a setback, not a failure. Remember that. Focus on the future, focus on what’s coming up.”

“The Draft Show is coming up.”

“Right. All bets are off. You could stay on Shotgun and get another crack at Nadia. After what I saw, you could easily make a case for a rematch. Or you may end up being moved to Livewire and face Lenore for the Global Championship.”

“I’ve never held the Global Title before…” She muses out loud.

“You could win it for the first time. But the point is that the future is not bleak for you. Your performance at Resurrection was astounding. You are almost at the finish line, you are almost at your desired destination. Just do not give up. Not when you are so close.”

Chastity smiles. “Thanks, Henry. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I need it every now and then.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”