A Matter of Respect: Mara Kade Interviewd

Lo-Drew

A Matter of Respect: Mara Kade Interviewd

Post by Lo-Drew » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Since June of 2020, Wrestling's Most Wanted and Scream Machine have wrestled one another six times. The first match ended in a no contest, which led to a Best of Five series. After a grueling, physical five matches, Scream Machine were victorious in a ladder match and became the GCW World Tag Team titles. At Last Respects, the two teams will meet again in a sixty minute Iron Women match. And as the show states, the losing not only walks away without the Tag titles, but they have to pay respects to the other team.

We spoke to Mara Kade about the match ahead and more!

[This interview was conducted on Tuesday, August 24th, 2021]

-Yesterday on Twitter you said you couldn't wait for Last Respects.

Mara: Yeah I want to get these two the f**k out of here. So that has me jacked.

-When you and Siouxsie won the Tag titles, in your first public appearance afterwards, you two stated a goal of yours was to defend the tag titles in the main events of GCW PPVs. That's what you two will be doing on Saturday. How do you personally feel about that?

Mara: I'm a cynic so I'm the worst person to ask about that. I know what we said. We meant it. It's cool. I think this is the first time the Tag titles has been defended in the main event. I could be wrong. Some GCW nerd online will correct me if I'm wrong. I mean it's nice. I'm jacked about certain things about it. But I'm just someone that always waits til after to be happy about something I did.

-You did mention a few weeks ago that if you two lost to Wrestling's Most Wanted, main eventing wouldn't matter to you.

Mara: It wouldn't. It would be a fun trivia question ten years from now but people remember the winners. We're not jumping up and down about it or anything. We expected to be here. We're f**king good at this. It makes sense why we're here. Everyone knows how good we are. It was a goal to make it here but that's just the first part. Now it's about maintaining that and you know, people are always obsessed about who's the face of the company and s**t like that. We've always said we wanted to do that together and that pissed a lot of people off. People don't even know how much we've had to fight in the ring and out of the ring. All that's ever done is pissed us off and motivate us more to show everyone that we can.

-So let's talk a little more about your comments at the last Shotgun. It was interesting to hear you mention that you have felt pressure to win on Saturday. That was surprising to hear.

Mara: It's been surprising to me. People talk about their insecurities and honestly, all that is bulls**t. What does that mean? That's such a broad thing to say. Really when people say that, in my mind, they're saying they're afraid of something. Just replace insecure with afraid and scared, that's what people are trying to say.

-Though the pressure is still there.

Mara: It's pressure but it's not scary, you know? I think pressure is good. We hold ourselves to high standards because we're better than every team in this company and that's our way of making sure we're not slacking off in training or getting happy with what we've done. We have a lot of goals left to do. So there's pressure for us to be on our A-game every match. Being scared is different. I'm not scared of anything. I've already done the scariest thing in my life. I got married. That's scary as f**k, you know? Because you're saying "I love this person, I'm going to give this person all of me. All the good and bad s**t. No barriers or smoke screens or anything like that. I want to be with that person for the rest of my life and give myself to them." That's scary because Max doesn't have to love me back. He could wake up day and tell me he doesn't love me anymore and there's nothing I can do about that. I could wake up one day and he could be gone and that f**king scares me. At any point that's the risk, right? But I did anyways because I wanted to. I knew like all things it's not going to be easy.

-Putting yourself out there in a position where you could get hurt.

Mara: Exactly. Same thing here. It's funny I guess you could say I'm in a tag team 24/7. At home it's me and Max. Out there it's me and Siouxsie. Both of those crumble if there's no trust or if there's any form of miscommunication. I know Max. He knows me. I know Siouxsie. She knows me. Not just surface bulls**t. She knows me. My tendencies, what I like to do, the timing of how I attack, how I feel about certain things. I definitely feel like my marriage has helped me become a better partner for Siouxsie and I feel like Siouxsie's helped me with my marriage. I didn't even think about it that way until just now but yeah. But, you know, we've always been chasing something. When we got here, alright we want to kick ass, make a name. Win the titles the first time, alright let's defend them. Lose them, gotta climb back. Win them again.

-You feel this is a turning point for Scream Machine.

Mara: We can't act like we've never made it. But I think we can't act like this is enough. Again that's me, though. Like I talked about early, Lenore is gone. I would say other than me and Siouxsie, she was the best wrestler in the company. Now that she's no longer around, that's where my mind goes. Matches like this get us to where Lenore was and that's where we want to be. A lot is at stake but that's professional wrestling. That's the matches you want to be in.

-So let's talk more about the match coming up. It's been a year of Scream Machine and Wrestling's Most Wanted throwing shots. There was a nasty exchange between you and Kendra on Twitter earlier in the year, which led to a Falls Count Anywhere match. She was the winner of that match. Now you four are again wrestling for the World Tag Team titles. Sixty minute Iron Man match. Loser has to pay respects to the other team. There's no love lost here.

Mara: What's more to say. We don't like them.They don't like us. It's simple.

-There seems to be some sort of philosophical disagreement between the four of you. Both Kendra and Hannah have stated they feel as if you two have disrespected the tag team division. You two have responded and have stated that they've reacted in an sensitive manner and have questioned their toughness.

Mara: Because they are sensitive. But honestly, I've started to go back and forth between if they are actually that way or if they're just angling to get themselves ahead. It's not the first they've done that, which is why this whole thing is funny to me.

-What do you mean?

Mara: So Kendra said that I was burying the division for saying none of these tag team can beat Scream Machine, right? When she said that, it was a few months after we beat them and took the belts. They weren't doing s**t. But by saying that, she got herself a match and she did beat me. I wrestled angry and I know better and I got beat. So her and Hannah will say that bulls**t right. But then like a month ago, she thought she was cute to tell the world "look at them. They're facing Steve Powers and El Perro. They're facing scrubs. While WE on the other hand, we're facing former Tag Team Champions. Because we're so much better." And when she said that s**t I was just like "so you say that i bury the division, but you're going to turn around and say that powers and Perro are shit?

-You feel like that's a double standard.

Mara: You're f**king right. Now I'm not defending Powers and Perro there. They're grown men. I hope they were pissed that this bitch said that they f**king suck and that pushes them to prove them wrong. Also I wanted to say, I don't make the matches dumbass. We didn't choose to wrestle them. But you see what I mean? They don't actually give a f**k. And that's consistent with them. I kinda talked about it earlier but I'll just talk about it here. I think sometimes people just think Siouxsie talks to talk. She's crazy and all that. She's mentioned a few times of certain wrestlers complaining to people in power about things that we've said and twist those words to get ahead of us. The Tide did it. I'll just flat out say it because she said it. And she's right. That's why it's fuck those guys for life. When we challenged them after the whole ref f**k up and we ending losing to them when my shoulders were up, they were pissed for some reason. We lost to them Resurrection last year and at the end of the day, we weren't the better team that night. But we have good evidence that they had a hand in sending us to Shotgun. They knew we would come back stronger and tighten up our game and go right back at them and they didn't want any of that.

-You're saying Kendra and Hannah do the same?

Mara: I know they do because they did it to me. The reason why they're getting this match is between they're the last team to beat us. Our matches were as heated as anything you'll see. And people know that it's going to be violent and it's so pro wrestling. A part of that too is because she beat me earlier in the year, in a match where the only reason why it happened was because "she was upset that I buried the division." It's convenient. Lenore was going on TV every week saying how no body on Livewire could touch her. Didn't see them hop on the Bird app and say that she was burying all the great contenders. It was convenient for them to say that to me when they did because they weren't doing anything. Again I wrestled horribly in that match and I paid for it. But you see how they benefited from that? Their whole "Scream Machine is disrespectful to the business" thing that they're talk about is bulls**t when they're doing stuff like saying the wrestlers we wrestle suck or all the sneaky s**t they've done in the past. Kendra won the World Title by literally forcing Jazzmin Rayne into a rematch right then and there. That's fair play but if you're going to say s**t like we're ruining pro wrestling, you better hope you don't have skeletons in your closet. As if they weren't running around with Mason Von Stanton, looking for advantages and shortcuts. What do you think these agents do? They're the slimiest people around. Him. The Brod, Cash. That's what they do. Most of their success came from that guy stacking the deck for everyone they faced. That's just a fact.

-The match record currently stands Scream Machine 3, WMW 2. And the no contest.

Mara: No they have 3. I would count Kendra pinning me. That's how I see it.

-Fair enough.

Mara: We're always going to be talking past one another. But the worst thing they can say about us is that we talk s**t. Wooo. Big f**king deal. But all the s**t that they have done and what they do, they're the biggest frauds around. They said we wanted to be like them last year. They've never won Tag Team of the Year. We've done that. Before a month ago, they hadn't won a tag match since beating us in Match 4. That was last October. And the match was announced before then. We haven't lost a tag match since they beat us in Match 4. We're clearly going two different directions. They're trending down so they're using every trick in the book. And we're going up by just being Scream Machine. We're not victims here. I get that talking s**t means that there's going to be people who don't like you and probably will try to cut you off. I get it. it comes with the territory and I accept that. We have thick skin. We can take it. Me and Sio are connected. The worst thing we've done is talk s**t. You've never heard a story of us angling or f**king people over. From Day 1 we were just like "let's go through everyone." And we have, only relying on our wrestling abilities and our bare hands.

-Iron men matches are battles of attrition. You two mentioned that you've gone on hikes to build stamina. What else have you guys done to prepare?

Mara: I can't obviously tell you that. Not this close to the match. But one thing in our favor is we actually have wrestled over an hour in a ring before. Remember that gauntlet thing? It was the first month we were in the company. I want to say Survival of the Fittest 2018.

-Yes. You two started the match and went sixty five minutes. Eliminated 6 teams.

Mara: But we lost in the end. That's the most important part of that. We lost. But it gives us a reference as to what to expect. We're better wrestlers now than we were three years ago. I wouldn't want to go into battle with anyone other than her. She's just a warrior and...I can't talk her up enough. It's about trust and thinking the same. That's what we have. We've been in the mud. Both together. S*t we both grew up behind the eight ball with my Dad leaving my Mom before I was born and all the s**t we went through. We've been through tough matches like the ladder match with WMW. The cage match with the Tide. Beating Brotherhood the Resurrection before. We've gotten through all of that. We'll get through this, too.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”