admin
Site Admin

POST-Livewire (A Fabulous CD)

Post by admin » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:12 pm

==========
Oklahoma City, OK
Off Camera
==========

Backstage in the Paycom Center in Oklahoma City is bustling with excitement, mostly due to the fact that another edition of Livewire has come and gone and the competitors, the staff and officials, and the fans are beginning to pack up and leave for the night. Livewire is now in the past the future is now front and center for the GCW superstars, but none more so than the woman seated in her dressing room; “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. She is still dressed in her tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleader uniform with “Fabulous” printed on the front. The FABULOUS cheerleader seems a little bothered by something. Something is distracting her and it is evident by the uneasy look on her face. It is hard to imagine what could possibly be bothering her, especially since she gets a chance to wrestle the GCW World Champion, a chance to impress GCW management and potentially put herself in front of the line for a future opportunity at the gold.

Perhaps her best friend and tag team partner Summer Collins can get to the bottom of this? Collins emerges into the room. She has changed into a long sleeve forest green tight form fitting dress and black patent leather open toed high heel pumps. She is grinning from ear to ear as she approaches her friend and pats her on the back.

“Our car is waiting, babe. I ordered a stretch limousine, of course. Only the best for someone as Fabulous as us. Besides, if you have as much money as I do, why not throw it around every once in a while? Right?” Collins waits for an answer from Jessica but gets nothing. Summer stares down at Lasiewicz and frowns curiously. “Jess? Uh, Jess, you really should start getting changed, y’know? Limo is waiting.”

“I don’t feel good, Summer.”

“Is it anything you ate?” Collins smirks. “You really should avoid the catering here. It’s terrible.”

“It isn’t my stomach.” Jessica sighs deeply.

“I was just joking.”

“I know, it’s just…” Jessica shakes her head “...I just don’t feel good.”

“That’s the second time you said that. What don’t you feel good about?”

“A lot is going right for us right now. We lost the GCW Global Tag Team Championship but we have got back to our winning ways. Thanks to our appearances on Fever I know we will open some eyes and prove to Silverstone that we deserve a shot at one of those tag team titles. I even got to fight Chanel Hunter, the GCW World Champion, in a non-title match and we fought to a draw.”

“I was damn proud of you too, Jess.” Summer says as she pats her on the back. “You looked great. Dare I say, you looked absolutely FABULOUS?”

“Yeah, exactly…I looked Fabulous.” Lasiewicz stares up into her friend’s eyes. “This is how it always starts. One of us always ends up getting a singles opportunity, one of us gets a rare chance to show off what we can do on our own, and we end up making the most of it, just like I made the most of my chance against Chanel Hunter. And now thanks to that, I have a rematch against Chanel on Shotgun. This time with the stipulation that there must be a winner.”

“And what’s wrong with that? You can beat her this time and earn a world title match.”

Jessica shakes her head. “It’s not as simple as that. Like I said, this is how it always starts. One of us gets these opportunities…and hell, Brooklyn is already saying that the World Championship should be on the line.”

“I agree with her. Imagine what it would mean for your career if you were to become World Champion?”

“Yeah…” Jessica’s voice trails off “...but what would it mean for FABULOUS?”

Summer pauses for a second. She sighs as she realizes where her friend is going with this. “I see what you’re saying.”

“We are a hell of a tag team, we may very well be the best tag team in this company. But look at our history, Summer. We have also been the most vicious of enemies. We have injured one another, we have taken years off of our careers, maybe even years off of our own lives, and why? Why would we be at each other’s throats like that? Because of petty jealousy.”

Collins nods her head. “Mostly my fault.”

“No, you’re not the only one at fault. I loved being on top. I remember being the GCW World Champion and later GCW Global Champion. I enjoyed being in the spotlight. And I can imagine how it made you feel.”

“It wasn’t fun.” Summer finally cracks a smile again. “But Jess, I didn’t handle things well. I could have dealt with the feelings better. I could have approached you and talked about it. Instead I decided to pick a fight with you, thinking fighting you would be the only way to prove my worth. I can prove my worth in other ways. That’s what I have realized.

“I just don’t want to do anything that will put the future of this tag team in jeopardy. We are so close to earning another tag team title shot and…”

Summer shakes her head vehemently and interrupts her friend. “No, stop right there. You are not giving up on any potential singles opportunities that may come your way.”

“But…”

“Listen, who knows what may come of this? This may be a one and done but trust me, beating the World Champion will open a lot of doors for you. Do not give this up on account of this team. Besides, we have both grown a great deal since we first teamed. We have matured a great deal. We can be tag team partners and still have our own singles aspirations. Look at our husbands, they are both doing their own things right now but that hasn’t stopped them from being friends and the occasional tag team partners from time to time.”

The Archangel stands up and embraces Summer. “Thanks, Summer.”

“No, thank you. I mean, just you considering giving up your chance to fight the champion makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But I am a businesswoman first and foremost and I know a good opportunity when I see it, you beating Chanel is a great opportunity. Do not pass it up on my account. And don’t worry about me, I am committed entirely to you, to this team, to this vision. And on Shotgun I will be there by your side every step of the way, I will be your cheerleader for a change.” She winks at Jessica who laughs.

“Yeah, we have been through a lot. We broke into the business at about the same time. We both met our husbands at the same time. When were forced to be cheerleader valets you could have left me for dead because with your money you could have bought your way out but you stuck by my side. You saved my ass more times than I can count.”

Summer smiles warmly. “And you saved my ass from obscurity. I was going to walk away from wrestling but you gave me a reason to return and keep fighting. So don’t give up on me now, Jess. Keep fighting. March into Shotgun and beat Chanel Hunter. Prove you are still just as good as ever.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”