SCW End of the Year Open Invitational RP 2 (Julia Braddock)

admin
Site Admin

SCW End of the Year Open Invitational RP 2 (Julia Braddock)

Post by admin » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:37 pm

==========
December 22nd, 2021
London, England
Off Camera
==========

Alcoholics Anonymous has become famous for its successful “twelve step” program that helps addicts recover from the demon of the bottle. It was developed in the 1930s to overcome alcoholism but since then numerous other organizations have derived their own variation of such a recovery program based upon those same principles of the twelve steps. Many of these steps, these principles if you will, can be applied to just about any addiction; alcoholism, drugs, sex, gambling, anything. For instance, the very first step in the original alcoholics anonymous twelve step program can easily be applied to just about anything at all, and that step states the following: admitting that one cannot control your addiction. Another step that goes hand in hand with that first step is admitting that you need help, that you cannot defeat this addiction on your own.

The demon that Julia Braddock had been battling was the demon of drug addiction. She was so deep that she was breaking the law in order to obtain these illicit drugs. She even was willing to degrade herself just to have and possess them. It was her own stress, the overwhelming pressure of living up to the high standard set by her famous wrestling family, namely her father Glenn Braddock and sister Glory Braddock, that drove her to the drugs. The drugs helped alleviate the stress and pressure she felt. But it added a completely new problem. And one evening in 2012 she had an epiphany, she realized that she could not continue living this life addicted to drugs. Julia realized that she needed to make a change. She just needed a way out.

The most obvious way out was to tell her family and seek help from them. But Julia had felt like the black sheep of the family for so very long. Glenn Braddock had blatantly favored Glory as his favorite daughter, due to how quickly she took to wrestling, due to how naturally it seemed to come to her. Julia at least had their mother, Mary Ford Braddock, but when Glenn and Mary divorced and Glenn got sole custody of both children, Julia’s feelings of isolation grew even more. It got to a point that Julia did not feel she could trust her own family to help her. Did she love them? A part of her did. But still, she did not believe they would help her. So instead she took the risk of accepting the offer of none other than her arch rival in the wrestling business Aphrodite Noel, a woman who claimed she legitimately wanted to help. Julia was certain that there would be strings attached but she was willing to take the risk in order to get herself clean.

It worked. The gamble paid off, the rehabilitation and recovery program that Aphrodite got Julia involved in worked, and Julia was cleaned up and recovered from her drug addiction. Beyond that, Julia grew stronger both mentally and emotionally as a result of this experience. And she even grew to reconcile her own troubled past with her family and her sister. Julia no longer sought to become as good as her famous father Glenn Braddock or her successful sister Glory Braddock. Julia’s goal was simply to be the very best Julia Braddock that she could be. Instead of furthering someone else’s name and add to someone else’s legacy, she would create her own unique mark upon the world. And she has Aphrodite to thank for helping her.

Julia Braddock currently finds herself seated at the brown desk in a small office. It is simple, modest, but still with all the trappings of an owner. And appropriately enough, this is her office. Another principle of most of the successful twelve step programs is the notion that you should “pay it forward” by helping others who suffer from the same kinds of addictions. For Julia Braddock, that became very important earlier this year when she decided to start an organization to rehabilitate those with various forms of addiction, help them break free from those addictions and then continue on as a contributing member of society. She called it The Julia Foundation. And this is her office. It is a small operation but it is also an efficient operation. Braddock is certainly proud of how she has managed to “pay it forward” thus far. But today is a very special day in the life of her foundation, for she is expecting a very special guest.

There is a knocking heard at the door. Braddock turns her attention to the forest green door. “You may come in.” She watches as the door opens just slightly, just enough to allow her assistant, Ms. Anna Bowar, to stick her head in. “Ms. Bowar. Did you find her?”

“It was quite a task but I did find her.”

“Is she here?”

“She’s waiting just outside.”

“Then tell her to come in.” Julia says as she grins from ear to ear. “We have some catching up to do.”

“As you wish.” Ms. Bowar turns and exits. Julia then waits anxiously. A few moments later and the door opens again. A new woman enters but this one looks familiar. She is definitely older but the face is unmistakable. Braddock immediately stands up and walks over to greet her old friend Charlotte Samson.

“Charlotte!” Braddock embraces her old friend in a tight hug. Charlotte does not return the embrace and Julia is noticeably concerned. She breaks the hug and looks at Charlotte with curiosity. “Is everything ok, Charlotte? You do know who I am, don’t you?”

“I recognize you, Jules.” Charlotte says with a hint of uncertainty in her voice. “Well, I barely recognize you. You’ve certainly changed a great deal. You look like a bloody million bucks. You definitely don’t look like the same Julia Braddock I remember.”

Braddock chuckles as she motions to a seat next to her desk. “Please, sit babe.” Charlotte reluctantly sits, but almost as if she has no choice. Julia then sits down as well. “You are partially right, Charlotte. A part of me isn’t the same Julia Braddock you remembered. That Julia Braddock was poisoned with drugs. And that poison made her paranoid and crazy, thinking everyone was out to get her, including her own family. That Julia Braddock thought that even those who wanted to help were only trying to use and abuse her. That Julia Braddock has had the poison washed out of her system. I am no longer that person, Charlotte.”

There is a pause as Julia waits to see if Charlotte will speak. But her former friend says nothing. Julia can tell she is still unsettled. “What’s wrong, Charlotte?”

“Jules…my brother. He…”

“Ah yes, Jacob.” Julia nods her head as she realizes what may be bothering Charlotte. “As I recall about two years after I left you, it was sometime in 2014, Jacob came back on the scene. He threatened me. Is that what you’re afraid of? Are you afraid that I am seeking revenge?”

“Uh…yeah…” Charlotte nods her head. Julia chuckles.

“Charlotte, I do not blame you for your brother’s actions. Let’s face facts, we were both victims of that asshole. I just managed to escape.” She points a finger at Charlotte. “But what about you? Did you escape?”

Charlotte is beginning to feel a little more at ease. “Yes, actually. In fact, hearing what Jacob tried to do to you in 2014 horrified me. I abandoned him to his own devices and put myself into a drug treatment program.” A small smile forms on Charlotte’s face. “Your own change, your own courage to turn from drugs and turn away from Jacob inspired me to get clean.”

“That’s wonderful news, Charlotte.”

“What about the debt though?” Charlotte asks curiously.

“The debt to the drug dealers was already paid off before I entered treatment, mate.”

“No, I mean the debt you said you would owe to the woman who helped you. What was her name again?”

“Aphrodite Noel.” Julia states, nodding her head. “See, I had that all wrong. Like I said, the poison of the drugs warped my mind. It made me paranoid and made me think the worst of people, including Aphrodite. She didn’t want me as a mere servant. She knew that I had the potential for bigger and better things, she knew she could get so much more out of me. But she first had to get my mind and body clean of the drugs so I could focus on my career. She would go on to teach me everything she knew. She was my mentor.”

“I thought that was your dad.” Charlotte asks. Julia shakes her head.

“I already had learned all of the wrestling skills I needed from my father. I knew them just as good as my sister. What I lacked was the self-confidence, the belief in myself, to utilize those abilities. That’s what Aphrodite gave me; she gave me self-confidence. She taught me to believe in myself. She taught me to believe that I could do anything, that I could beat anyone, that I could accomplish anything I set my mind to. And I took that confidence, that belief in myself, and I used it. Now I am a former GCW World Champion and the reigning GCW Global Champion. I am scheduled to defend my championship in the main event of GCW End of the Year Bash. A few days later I’ll march into SCW’s End of the Year representing GCW, and God willing still possessing my GCW Global Title, and I will win that event as well.”

“Wow, you do sound confident, mate.” Charlotte smiles. “It looks good on you, by the way.”

“Thank you, Charlotte. And my confidence and accomplishment does not stop at just wrestling. This foundation is mine. I created it to pay forward the same favor that Aphrodite did for me. Just she took me, freed me from the addiction, and then molded me after her own image, I will take others and free them from their addictions.” Julia reaches out and clasps Charlotte’s hands. “And I want you to be a part of this, my friend.”

“You do?”

“Yes. I do not forget a friend, especially one who helped me. Your words of encouragement, your belief in me when I did not believe in myself, that’s what convinced me to make that leap of faith and get the help I needed. Were it not for you I would possibly be dead right now; dead or in prison. And I want to help you. I want to return the favor.”

“Well sure but…” she shrugs her shoulders “...what could I possibly do? It seems as if you have everything under control. What could you possibly need me for?”

Julia smirks. “Let’s begin with your brother…”

==========
December 25th, 2021
London, England
On Camera
==========

The cameras begin to roll and we open inside of the quaint living room of someone’s home. The room is decorated for the season with decorative lights, snowmen figurines, elf figurines, and Santa Claus figurines lining the fireplace mantle. And in the corner stands a large Christmas tree with tons of decorations and lights making it look absolutely perfect for those in the festive spirit. The sound of White Christmas is playing in the background. This perfect scenery is interrupted when “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock steps into the scene from stage left. She is dressed in a knee length floral lace sleeveless green cocktail dress and matching green high heel pumps. She has her GCW Global Heavyweight Championship belt draped over her right shoulder.

“Happy Holidays, everyone! I am a little old fashioned myself, so I will also wish you a very Merry Christmas!” She approaches the fireplace mantle and picks up the Santa Claus figurine. “This is the time of the year when children and adults alike exchange gifts. In the case of the children, they often will make a wish list. They will tell Santa here what they want more than anything else.”

Braddock places the Santa back on the fireplace mantle. “But me? Like I said, I am old fashioned. I prefer to work for and earn everything I receive. And right now I stand before you as the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion because I have busted my ass, I have worked hard, and I have earned this spot at the very top of Global Championship Wrestling. I earned this by defeating some of the very best wrestlers this company has had to offer, nothing was gifted to me like some bloody Christmas gift.” Braddock walks over to the nearby cream colored sofa and then sits down.

“When Christmas ends we turn our focus to New Year’s. That is a celebration with an entirely new focus. New Year’s is when we look forward to the future and in some cases we even set new goals for ourselves, new challenges if you will. We call them resolutions and for one year we do our best to achieve those goals we set out for ourselves. Now that is the kind of celebration that I enjoy because I thrive upon new challenges. At GCW Survival of the Fittest, five individuals challenged me for this championship and I beat them. At the GCW End of the Year Bash coming up early next week, I will defend this championship again. Most champions in my position would take a break. Most champions would not seek out any further challenges after two straight title defenses but I am not most champions. I am Julia Braddock and I want to prove myself, test myself, against the very best in the entire world.” She pats her title belt.

“Also I am proud to be able to carry this, to represent this company as its champion. Now whether I will remain champion remains to be seen but champion or not, I still love this company and I love representing it any chance I get. So I got to thinking, how can I possibly represent GCW and at the same time test myself against some of the best talent in professional wrestling today?” A knowing smirk forms upon her lovely face.

“And then it hit me…SCW’s End of the Year Open Invitational. I mean, why not? My niece already threw her name into the hat which will no doubt piss off my older sister, so why the hell not step on her toes by stepping onto her turf and seeing what I am made of?” A light giggle escapes her lips. “Silly me, I forgot that you may not recognize me. Everyone all over Europe knows of our father, Glenn Braddock, and of course everyone all over the WORLD knows of my older sister a fifteen time former World Champion Glory Braddock, but how many of you out there in the SCW universe know about Julia Braddock?”

Braddock waves playfully at the camera. “That’d be me, boys and girls! And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my sister is not entering this match. She’ll be far too busy either hunting down Brittany Lohan or trying to negotiate herself into a rematch at the SCW World Championship. But her daughter, my niece Melinda Braddock will be there. And now you know officially that I will be there as well, because like I said I am not like most people who would gladly sit this one out.” Braddock shakes her head.

“I never take the easy way out. I never take shortcuts. Because when you take the easy road, when you take shortcuts, you don’t prove anything. You don’t prove that you are better than another competitor when you cheat or if you duck a legitimate challenge. That is why this holiday season of 2021 you are going to see Julia Braddock versus the whole damn world!” A chuckle escapes her lips. “Well, at least however many of the world are gutsy enough to throw their name into the hat and face me inside the Open Invitational.”

Braddock stands back up. “So this is me throwing down the gauntlet. I am an outsider getting ready to march into your home turf, fully prepared to punch you in the mouth. If you want to defend your turf, if you want to show me how you are superior, then by all means come and show me, come and fight me, because I welcome the challenge. I crave the challenge. This isn’t about prize money or a new car for me, because that prize money is going to charity and that car…” she pauses to think about it and then shrugs her shoulders “...ok, I may keep the car!”

“But make no mistake about it, this is ultimately about competition, and there is no better challenge or competition than taking on all comers. That’s what this open invitational is about. So step into the ring, fight me, give me everything you have. Just be prepared to be shocked. Be prepared to be stunned. I am not a pushover. I am Julia Braddock, the GCW Global Champion, and I am coming to WIN the Open Invitational!”

Braddock gives a polite curtsy. “Happy Holidays…” She turns and makes her exit. The camera fades to black.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”