Shotgun 11.01

randy

Shotgun 11.01

Post by randy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:44 pm

Shotgun - January 11, 2022 (Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan)

[“Gimmie More” plays through the arena as D'Nae Moore walks out, the GCW Heritage Championship around her waist, over a tight fitting black dress, with gold threads woven through, along with matching black pumps. Her hair is up in a French braid though, ready for her match later tonight. The crowd cheers as she walks down the ramp, a little bounce in her step to the music. She walks around the ring, then asks for and receives a mic before going up the ring steps and stepping through the ropes. She looks around smiling, waiting for the applause to die down before speaking.]

D'Nae: “I know I haven't been on air since Survival of the Fittest. I have to say it feels damn good to be out here in this ring again!”

[The crowd applauds.]

D'Nae: “After my hard fought match against Geneva Alan, where I retained this AND took the North American Championship too... I took some much earned time off. Don't get me wrong, if I had been asked to be here, asked to defend this... I would have been. But, the powers that be allowed my short break, and I'm thankful that they did. Thank you.”

[D'Nae smiles with a grateful nod, drawing more applause.]

D'Nae: “Now... as you can clearly see by the championship belt I'm wearing, I don't think I have to explain my decision on what I want to do with the two merged championships. I made it clear from the start... if I was victorious at Survival of the Fittest.... the Heritage Championship would live on. And that's exactly what I've done. I respect the lineage of the North American Championship, everyone who fought for and defended it.... but this? This is my baby.”

[D'Nae pats the face plate.]

D'Nae: “I had a fan ask me... couldn't I just carry both belts, and claim both championships? I wasn't sure if that was an option. Maybe it was. Maybe Tabitha Silverstone wouldn't have allowed that. I don't know. What I do know... is that I had no intention of trying that. Maybe some of these other self-important bitches around here would have, to pump themselves up, try to be bigger than they are. Someone like Geneva Alan maybe... with the way she treated me leading up to Survival.

Or... I KNOW this Danielle Page trick would have pulled something like that. She already thinks ain't no one on her level, and she ain't done nothing worth the hype she's put out there for herself yet!”

[The crowd applauds again, as D'Nae nods, reinforcing her statement.]

D'Nae: “This girl walked in here already thinking she's better than every single one of us in this company. And I won't lie, she has skills. She's been winning. But she ain't stood up to me yet. We'll go one on one at Civil War, and she's gon' try to back those words up. But ain't nobody back their words up like I do!”

[More applause.]

D'Nae: “Ole girl bout to find out tonight what she's in for. Yeah, I'm teaming with Nadia Allen, someone I never worked with before, I don't really know if I can trust her. And our opponents are this hyped up egotistical trick Danielle, and Andrew Raynes, a man I've already made clear I can't stand. It's not even a two on two tag... this looking more like a three on one to me. But that's fine. It's all good. I've been in tougher situations and I've come out the other side stronger. Y'all know why.

I'm a survivor.

Just when you think you've thrown enough at me to make me back down... I get up and tell you... bring me more.”

[The crowd cheers and applauds.]

D'Nae: “Y'all gon' see later. I got this. And this Heritage Championship? It's mine.”

[D'Nae exits the ring to cheers, and hands the mic off before going around the ring and walking back up the ramp, “Gimmie More” playing her off as she walks quickly up the ramp; she needed to change for her match.]

---

A black limo pulls up to the backstage entrance of the Saitama Super Arena. Two members of a private security team roll out a red carpet. Once the carpet is finished being rolled out then one of the security members opens the back door of the limo. Marisol Vilaro gets out of the limo. She takes a few steps and looks back at the open limo door when the “Diamond Princess” Danielle Page exits the limo and looks around.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Ah, it is great to be in Japan for Danielle Page appreciation day.

Marisol Vilaro:And what a wonderful appreciation day. We will celebrate everything Danielle. We will have wonderful stories of Danielle and it will be capped off with a preview of Civil War when Danielle pins D’Nae.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Today will be perfect that even teaming with that hateful ego maniac Andrew Raynes won’t even bring me down. But let's be real, everyday is Danielle Page appreciation day since I am amazing in every way.

Marisol Vilaro#Facts.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:But I suppose I should concentrate on tonight.

Marisol Vilaro:Don’t worry, girl. Andrew admits that he softens up your upcoming opponents for you.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:That is very true. He wants to be in my good graces because well, I am me. That is why not only today but everyday is devoted to me. I truly am special.

Marisol Vilaro:You are, girl. When the wrestling world truly appreciates it we will be standing tall at the end of Civil War after I win the Civil War match and Danielle is holding GCW gold.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Oooh that is going to be a beautiful scene. You and I in the middle of the GCW ring as the fans are cheering for us as they shed a tear from being so happy with confetti falling from the sky, and when everyone else in the GCW locker room knows that we are the centerpiece of GCW while they aren’t anymore. Boys and girls in the back better get used to that their times have passed. Tonight and every other night belongs to me.

Danielle blows a kiss at the camera as she and Marisol walk away.

--

[Samuel Price stands backstage with Mara Kade, dressed in her ring gear, an all black leather jacket with shades on her face.]

Price: Samuel Price here with Mara Kade of Scream Machine. It's the first Shotgun of the year and instead of tag team action, you're in singles action against Katrina Lopez, who has been on a bit of a roll recently. It's not everyday we see you in singles competition but there's a lot of interesting variables to this match for you. It's known that you spent an excursion here in Japan few years ago where you feel like shaped who you are as a pro wrestler. Katrina is the client of Trevor Cash, who was connected with Franklin Myers, Bay Area promoter who's like a father figure to you. Last time you fought a client of his, you lost to Nava Farrin. So a lot to this match that meets the eye.

Mara: I guess you could say that but people make storylines out of everything. This isn't that complicated. 2021, Scream Machine did a lot of things. A lot of great things. But we left the year without the tag titles and on a whimper. If anyone knows anything about us, that's the last thing we do. We don't do this for shits and giggles. We want the money, we want the tp spots. We want to be the best. We were the best tag team and now we're rebuilding. Rebuilding the machine.

[Mara points to her shirt.]

Mara: Now Katrina. I see nowadays you think you got some bark to you. You're puffing your chest and you come out looking to hurt people. When Bella got hurt, honestly I thought that was it for you because it all looks good right? Those kicks and the whole square up thing. Mean mugging. Yeah yeah you look the part. But there was never no bite. But I see you. Ever since you let Trevor in your ear, he's got you thinking you're a killer. And I mean, you've definitely added some heat to those strikes. You're smiling less. Now you're going into that ring looking to rip heads.

[Mara smirks.]

Mara: I'm sure Trevor has been whispering a lot of stuff in your ear, about me, my so called weaknesses. He thinks he knows everything. That's his deal. Always wants to be the smartest guy in the room. I hope you're paying attention to your bank account, Katrina. But if he's swindling you, I don't care. You step into that ring and I'm going to kick the dog shit out of you. During this break, Siouxsie and I, we've been training, hitting the mats, running, getting in the best shape of our lives. We said it once and we'll see it again. We have never been more motivated in our lives than right now. We were so close to keeping down the door to being tippy top guys last year that this year? We're running through it. Whether it's singles, tags, you name it. One step at a time. Rebuild the Machine isn't just some clever catchphrase. It's our mentality. So Katrina, you think you're a killer, but this is the face of a real killer. The face one of the best pro wrestler in the entire world. And we're standing in my home away from home. Show me your fighting spirit Katrina because anything less and your ass is going to be laying out there. Who am I kidding though? No matter what you bring, your ass is getting carried out.

[Mara nods before walking off.]

---

Mara Kade Vs Katrina Lopez

[This match starts off as a mat based affair which plays into Katrina's strength, and as a result Katrina does well in the opening few minutes with a series of hip tosses, arm drags, a few martial arts kicks, and ultimately a neck submission. Mara manages to fight out of the neck submission and counters it into a cross arm bar. Katrina counters out of that into a leg lock. Mara reaches the ropes to force a break. Katrina with a superkick sends Mara to the outside. Katrina with a suicide dive taking out Mara. Katrina rolls her back into the ring. Lopez off the top with a top rope elbow onto Mara. The cover and a two count. Katrina looks to end it with Last Light but Mara ducks it and then lands a discuss elbow. Mara with a tiger suplex, a dragon suplex, and then a Northern lights suplex with a bridge for a cover but Katrina kicks out at two. Mara with a dragon screw and then applies a knee bar. Katrina fights it and eventually counters into an stf on Mara. Mara reaches the ropes forcing a break. Katrina hoists Mara up for Night Night but Mara slips out of it and dropkicks her in the back, sending Katrina slumped into the middle ropes. Mara with Belladonna. Mara hooks Katrina and connects with Bad Brains German for a cover...1...2...3!]
WINNER: Mara Kade

---

Miss America can be seen standing in the back, in front of the American Flag.

Miss America: “So 2021 didn’t end the way I wanted. Well, nowhere to go but up, right?”

She chuckles.

Miss America: “And if you think that you can beat me down and keep me down, you are SADLY mistaken! I have the spirit of the United States of America flowing through my veins! That means I don’t quit, even against seemingly insurmountable odds! Right now, yeah… maybe I’m not at the top of anyone’s list. Maybe I’m not the one who anyone thinks is destined for greatness or Championship glory. But you know what they say about America? When the chips are down and hope seems lost… that’s when we fight hardest.”

Miss America takes the flag behind her, wrapping it over her shoulders.

Miss America: “It doesn’t matter where I am… home, Japan, Canada, the Antarctic… I will wave this flag with pride every time and fight with Her spirit! Two weeks time! It doesn’t matter who… give me a fight. Give me a match. Because I’m ready to show everyone just what THIS Miss America is really made of. God Bless America!”

The scene shifts.

---

A long, black limo pulls up to the building. The driver gets out and walks to the back, opening the door for the returning Matt Alan, along with Geneva.

Matt: Ah... home, sweet home! It's good to be out of that wretched prison, and back where I belong!

Geneva: I'm glad you're out of prison too, daddy.

Voice: As am I.

Jennifer Alan walks up to the pair, and she and Matt stare at each other for several moments... before Matt grins, and hugs her. Jennifer doesn't look very enthusiastic, but returns the hug.

Matt: Ah, dear sister... I admire the work you've done with The Alan Family...

Jennifer: Yes... MY Alan Family...

Matt: ... Yes... well, you've still done great work. I hope you'll let me add my years of experience, and help make it even more formidable!

Jennifer: Certainly, Matt... you are known as 'The Evil Genius' for a reason. Even though I've done rather well on my own, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt: Of course... well then, shall we? It'll be interesting to see Lester again... and Mike Michaels Nephew, Duke? An impressive specimen... I'm surprised he's even related to Michaels.

Jennifer: You can't judge the entire family by one bad apple, can you?

Matt: I suppose not...

The Alan Family, now including one Evil Genius, head into the arena. We go back to ringside.

---

Aia vs Q-Bert

Japan cheered their home country hero Aia; as to be expected. Q-Bert, who is normally cheered by the American crowd, didn't enjoy that luxury as Q was showered with boos. Aia came explosively out the gate. She connected with her trademark Missile di Bellezza (Missile Dropkick). She mostly focused on strikes, keeping Q-Bert who has five inches taller than her grounded. Q wasn’t to be outdone completely. Q did sneak in some strikes. Did manage to execute a T-Bone Suplex. In the end, Aia was too much for Q-Bert. With Q draped on the apron, Aia connected with a running knee drop. She managed to catch Q with a Running STO which she transitioned seamlessly into the Lebelle Lock she calls Fine Dei Giorni. Q had no choice but to tap out.

Winner: Aia

---

Earlier Today

The scene rises up inside the parking garage of the arena. A long black limousine pulls into the lot, driving over to the receiving doors before coming to a stop. The camera follows the driver around to the back of the limo, observing as the door is opened. Stepping out first is Isabella Harker, dressed for success, followed closely by Mariah Starr. Mariah straightens out her coat as she observes the building. Harker adjusts her sunglasses as she smirks.

Harker: “Tonight is a big night for the Global Elite.”

Mariah nods her head.

Harker: “Tonight, we have the opportunity to put ourselves in the position that we have known from the beginning is our birthright. The entire industry not only resting upon our shoulders, but the affirmation that we ARE the industry.”

Mariah: “I can’t wait!”

Harker: “I know, dear. You have been waiting for a night like tonight… a match like tonight… for so long now. And finally, you are going to get the chance to show why the road may have been laid bare for you, but you are the one who is going to carry that road well into the future.”

Mariah nods her head, a smile on her face.

Mariah: “I’m looking forward to this. I get to show the world… AGAIN… exactly what I’m made of and what I’m capable of! People are far too quick to forget that last year… who was the GCW Heritage Champion?”

Harker: “You.”

Mariah: “And who took… no… EARNED a one-two-three pinfall victory in a match involving The Sovereign?”

Harker: “Again, you.”

Mariah: “Me! People want to dismiss me… brush me aside… tag me as “the future” in an effort to deny me the opportunities I deserve today, but the facts are there. I’m not just the future of GCW… I’m the present. And if it takes beating The Sovereign in Japan to remind everyone of this fact? So be it. I’m ready.”

Harker: “I know you’re ready… just remember, Mariah: The Sovereign? They’re not unlike us. Sure, they may not be Global Elite like we are, but they are cut from the same cloth. Tonight? Don’t make it personal. We get through the match, take our win and continue on our road.”

Mariah looks at Harker, almost a sneer on her face before she nods in agreement.

Mariah: “For Global Elite.”

Harker smiles.

Harker: “For Global Elite.”

The scene shifts.

---

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS PAID FOR BY THE SOVEREIGN

The scene opens up inside the private gym of Chantelle Chambers. She currently works out, striking a punching bag held stationary by her manager, Broderick “The Brod” Chase. She is dressed in her own branded yoga pants, sports bra, and a headband with her hair tied in a high ponytail. She strikes the bag a few more times as her voice narrates over the scene.

Chantelle (VO): “2022 is going to be a year of closure.”

The scene transitions to other parts of her workout - the elliptical, the rowing machine, cardio…

Chantelle (VO): “In 2022, I prepare myself to say goodbye to professional wrestling, but I will not be leaving behind an industry unprepared to say goodbye to me. I have used my influence to build strength as I step out the door. The Sovereign that stand alongside me are set to carry GCW forward, and I have full trust in our GCW World Champion Chanel Hunter and The MVP Aubrianna Powers to do exactly that. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to go out with a whisper.”

We see some weight training - kind of impressive considering this is Chantelle Chambers…

Chantelle (VO): “Have I ever struck you as the type to be subtle? Since day one, I have not only craved the spotlight, I have expected it. And in the next four months, I assure you that I will be front and centre as I demonstrate that not only am I the best wrestler to have been BUILT by GCW… that not only am I the best wrestler to have come through GCW… but that my name belongs in the conversation as the greatest professional wrestler to have ever lived! And either way… when the spotlight shines brightest, you know that it will always be ALL EYES ON ME!”

Chantelle finally is shown sparing, ending with her #AllEyesOnMe finisher being hit on the partner as she floats around. She straddles the unconscious man before blowing a kiss to the camera as The Brod laughs and claps behind her. The scene shifts.

--

Danielle Page & Andrew Raynes Vs D’Nae Moore & Nadia Allen

Danielle and D’Nae appeared like they were going to start off the match. Andrew Raynes had other plans. He tagged himself in. Danielle turned to Andrew. She smiled under the belief he was going to beat up D’Nae like he claimed he beat up Gabriella to soften her up. D’Nae had no issue with throwing hands with Andrew. Both of them proceeded to do just that. It was very physical. Both competitors were looking to do serious damage.

Danielle decided she wanted in, blind tagged herself into the match. Andrew rolled his eyes at her. Danielle could be heard saying “you did enough, it’s my turn now.”

D’Nae and Danielle were about to get it on, when out of nowhere, Andrew Raynes appeared in the ring with a steel chair and clocked his own tag team partner with it. D’Nae, the referee, Nadia and Marisol were all shocked by this. Andrew knew what he wanted to do, blast D’Nae next. Nadia wouldn’t let it happen as she tackled Andrew to the ground. Both of them threw hands, they rolled to the outside taking their fight out there. The referee exited the ring, whispered something to Robert E Lee.

Robert E Lee: This match has been declared a no contest.

D’Nae looked down at Danielle, shook her head and exited the ring not wanting to take advantage of Andrew’s dirty work. Andrew and Nadia continued to brawl. Marisol rolled in the ring to check in on Danielle.

--

[Alexander Jones and Veronica Starr are seen standing next to Roderick Osborn. Veronica is seen talking to Alexander in his ear, while he barely moves a muscle. He subtly nods and then turns his head and covers his mouth to whisper something in her ear.]

Roderick: Roderick Osborn here with Veronica Starr and Alexander Jones. Alexander, young man, you're two for two so far. Been very impressive and backing up everything Trevor Cash said about you.

[Veronica breaks from her conversation with Alexander and looks at Roderick and the camera.]

Veronica: Two for two is right! And it's only going up for here. First two matches was just about making a first impression. You know, first impressions are key, right Roderick?

Roderick: That's what they say.

Veronica: What are they saying right now? That Alexander Jones, that Alexander Jones. He's a true 1 of 1. Alexander Jones. He's a stud. It's only two matches. We understand. We're not celebrating yet. We haven't done anything yet. I think there's a lot of people who get so hapy over one victory, one dub, because they're not naturally winners. I see it all the time. They got one win, and they get fat.

[Veronica turns to Alexander.]

Veronica: As anyone can see, the last thing Alexander Jones is, is fat.

[Alexander nods in the background.]

Roderick: So far, so good. But tonight is a step up in competition. Steve Powers is a lot of things but he is a very capable opponent. A veteran of the game. Alexander, how are you feeling?

[Veronica looks to Alexander, who doesn't move.]

Alexander: How I always feel. Like there ain't a thing this man is going to throw at me that's going to put me down.

[His chest sticks out.]

Alexander: Yeah he's a vet. He's got experience. Ronnie chopped up some footage of this man. I know what I'm getting into. But that man don't know what he's getting into. This ain't about me stepping into the ring with him. It's about him stepping into the ring with me. Because he's never done that. So he don't know when I say I came to seek and destroy, I mean seek and destroy.

[He then looks at Roderick.]

Alexander; And that's all that is. He steps to and I'm going to lay his ass down.

[Roderick nods.]

Roderick: one more thing. First two matches. Your boy. Brodie. Steps into the ring and goes ham.

Alexander: Yeah what about it?

[Alexander glares at Roderick.]

Alexander: Me and Brodie been at it since grade school. That's my guy for life. Told Trevor, told Ronnie, I don't eat unless my boy eats with me. So he's on payroll because when I prosper, my days one are also gonna prosper. I ain't playing games with none of these guys. What you see is exactly what it is. I run through them and then Brodie gon bodybag them. Just so everyone knows what I'm about.

[Alexander pauses.]

Alexander: If anyone has a problem with it, I haven't heard anything. Word hasn't gotten back to me. Don't matter if they do or don't. Ain't much they can do to really stop it. Besides, Powers and everyone else shouldn't worry about my mans. Worry about me. Because I'm here. and I'm coming. And I'm on everyone's ass. Simple as that.

[Alexander then motions for Veronica that he' done talking and then walks away with her following.]

--

Steve Powers Vs Alexander Jones

Steve Powers and Alexander Jones locked up. By the early portion of the match, it was clear that this wasn’t going to go the same way the matches with Arcadia and Religious Wright went.

The Hall of Famer out wrestled Alexander in the beginning. Anything that Alexander tried to apply, Steve had a counter for it. At first Alexander did keep his cool. He gave Powers a head nod, acknowledging the experience that Powers held over him. Alexander kept at his plan of attack, Powers continued to outwork the youngster. Alexander slapped Powers, out of frustration? To switch things up? Who knows. Powers smiled. He patted Alexander on the head which didn’t do much to calm Alexander much. Powers arrogance did prove to be a detriment. Showboating to the crowd for the briefest moment gave Alexander the moment he needed to bring Steve down with a vicious lariat. Alexander’s plan of attack was simple. Focus on wearing Steve down with multiple suplexes and working the ribs. The more and more Alexander built momentum, the harder it was for Steve to try to mount any form of comeback.

A spinebuster from Steve did give him new life. He had Alexander hunched over, in prime position for The Very Best Finishing Move. As Steve bounced off the ropes, Brodie grabbed the leg, distracting Powers. The vet turned around, looked at Brodie who held his hands in the air. Soon as Powers turned around, Alexander cut Powers in half with a spear. Dragged him further from the ropes, applied the Guillotine Choke. Powers had no choice but to tap out.

Winner: Alexander Jones.

Brodie slid in the ring. Appeared like he was going to give Steve the business like he did to Alexander’s prior opponents. This time, Derek Powers hastily entered the ring with a steel chair, this gave Brodie and Alexander pause. Best to fight another day as Derek made sure his brother didn’t suffer more than needed. Brodie raised Alexander’s arm in the air. They walked off.

---

Backstage…

The Brod can be seen walking through the area prior to the main event. He walks past some backstage workers when he rounds a corner, finding himself face to face with Mariah Starr of the Global Elite. Mariah, already dressed in her gold attire to compete, smiles.

Mariah: “Why, Mr. Chase… I didn’t expect you to come see me?”

Brod: “I’m sorry… and you are…?”

Mariah laughs.

Mariah: “You’re so funny… you don;t have to play dumb, Mr. Chase. It’s really not believable.”

She winks, playfully patting her hand on his arm. The Brod pulls back.

Brod: “Look, I don’t know what games you’re trying to play here, Mariah, but The Brod is not interested.”

Mariah: “Games?”

Mariah looks almost offended.

Mariah: “I don’t know what you’re talking about… I would never.”

Brod: “Then get out of the way… I have to be by MY girl’s side. Good luck in your match.”

The Brod stops close to Mariah’s ear.

Brod: “You’re going to need it.”

He storms away from her. Mariah smirks as he goes, turning her head to watch him.

---

Main Event:
The Sovereign (Chantelle Chambers & Aubrianna Powers) vs The Global Elite (Mariah & Isabella Harker)

The mega main event started off with Aubrianna and Mariah. The ever confident Aubrianna figured she had Mariah outwitted. The third generation superstar early on showed Aubrianna that she was truly ELITE by showing off her chain wrestling skills. Then she switched things up by speeding up the pace of the match. Aubrey wasn’t thrilled as you would imagine. Taking things more seriously, the exchange between them wasn’t lopsided. Aubriana displayed why she is a former top champion in GCW. Mariah did bounce off the ropes, Harker blind tagged herself in. Aubrey didn’t notice. Harker connected with a spear to Aubrianna.

The Global Elite cut off the ring. Executed some double team maneuvers. Kept Aubrianna isolated. The former World Champion kicked out of various pinfall attempts. Later when it seemed like Aubrianna was going to make the tag, Mariah ran over to The Sovereign side of the ring, pulled Chantelle off the ring apron, negating a tag attempt. Aubrey did find light at the end of the tunnel eventually, spiking Harker’s head into the mat with a DDT.

With the hot tag, Chantelle came in. Mariah was also tagged in. Chantelle was a house of fire. The momentum was clearly on her side with Mariah. Not to be outdone, Mariah did connect with her cartwheel enziguri kick (Kick Me Deadly). This netted a two count. Aubrey returned to the action, so did Isabella. Both women slugged it out.

Towards the end of the match, Mariah climbed the top rope. She came off with an Imploding 450. However, as Chantelle moved, Mariah was able to land on her feet to avoid crashing and burning. The way she landed, she grabbed her ankle, signifying she came down in a way that wasn’t comfortable. Chantelle took the opportunity to roll Mariah up.

One.

Just as Isabella tried to break up the count, Aubrianna stopped her

Two.

Chantelle was close enough to the ropes to place her foot on the middle rope to apply leverage.

Three.

Winner: The Sovereign.

Chantelle escaped the ring. Aubrianna was quick to follow suit. The referee joined both ladies on the outside, raising their arms in victory. Isabella joined her Global Elite sister. Mariah clutched her ankle. Isabella turned to Chantelle, glaring daggers at her. Chantelle smiled back at Shotgun closed with The Sovereign on top.